Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Aquarius

Getting To Genoa You : Y&R Daily Chat

Remind me again why Rey was invited to the Unimposing Gryphon shindig? He's not a local celebrity or a member of high society.

I thought Nate's suit was nice but that was a lot of layers of clothing for the tail end of summer.

Pillsbury doh girl Zoe makes a pathetic vixen, IMO. She's too obvious. Whatever Show, just give me one simple line where she mentions that her dad is a doctor in charge of a major hospital's ICU out in LA. 🙄

Ruching must be back big in fashion now. Most of the dresses had it.

Poor Sharon. Good thing Faith is gone now or she'd be so outraged. 😜

Don't worry, Summer, it could've been worse. Someone could've put peanut oil in the sangria. Then you'd really be in a pickle.

I'm thinking Lola holding Kyle responsible for Summer's drugged behavior probably is a bad way to go. Sweetie, you won. Stop being jealous for no reason or you'll drive Kyle away.

Wonder what Phyllis is going to do to Zoe? She's still basically a kid so...send her to her room without dessert? 😒

Uppers

Really? That's what they called plain ol' amphetamines decades ago.

• Like 10
  • Laugh 5

Uppers is sooo '40-'50's.  In my hippie days it was plain old speed....

Not that I would know anything about that...  😉 

Edited by OhioSongbird · Reason: ...full disclosure....
  • Like 7
  • Laugh 5

1 hour ago, lgprimes said:

IT WASNT EVEN 10pm yet?!! And people were saying it was time to go home????

Hmmm maybe I should start watching agin, these are my kind of people, probably with the same beddy-time as me 😄 

• Like 3
  • Laugh 12

What’s an opening party, in GC, without getting the police involved. Banana Breath getting arrested at the Dark Horse party and now Zoe should be arrested for the opening party of The Grand Phoenix. I’m surprised that Society went off without the GCPD being involved. 

Sharon, you slept with Adam so how can you blame Rey for moving on. You moved on before moving on.  Theo has no regards for contracts since he wants Summer to renegotiate hers. A contract is a contract. Negotiations are only appropriate when you renegotiate a contract. If this was the real world, Super Girl can be replaced by a blow up doll.

It’s so aggravating that TIIC just had to fade away from Mariah and Tessa passionately kissing to Theo’s and Summer’s putrid acting.  In fact, I hate to say this, but, even Mariah’s acting suffered a few hits by attempting to act high.

Why isn’t Olive Oyl there to support her sister and for that matter where is Chloe to support her bestie.  

• Like 11

On 9/10/2019 at 3:36 PM, peacheslatour said:

Shit, when I was in my twenties we didn't even start thinking about going out until 10 at least. Cocaine may or may not have been involved.

IKR? Granted, I've always been a square and only tolerated bars when I was in the Navy and the other option was staying on the ship. We went drinking as soon as liberty call went down because of the strict curfew policies Japan has.

But geez, even in San Diego where the bars by law have to close up by 2 AM (despite multiple initiatives to get this pushed back to 4 AM), 10 is early. Yikes, is this Y&R or Footloose?

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Like 3
  • Laugh 14

I hate the "Molly" storyline; and I hate Phyllis being shoehorned into it.  She is squeezed into everything - including her clothes.  I didn't used to mind the actress all that much - she was never a favorite, but I didn't really detest her character until the last couple of years she was on. She is way way worse this time around - and now she has superpowers of hacking.  

She is in the storyline with the ongoing Adam/Victor feud; the Nick/Chelsea story; the Chelsea-Abby story; the Theo/Summer story.  Plus a few others - but it doesn't matter.  We all know that she will end up a heroine for the Newman family at the end of the day.  I cannot stand the character and now I can't stand the actress.  She attempts to steal the scene from any acting partner (especially female) she has.  Why bother to watch when you know how the story will end.

I think what set me off today was her scene with Zoe (granted, I only saw the first few minutes when she (Phyllis) approached; didn't see the end.  Then I saw Paul and Rey (dear God he looks terrible - is the actor ill?) talking to Theo and Theo blaming Zoe.  If Phyllis figured out that Zoe was responsible (in record time) why can't the GCPD?  Did someone tell her or did she use her computer skills to figure it out?  Didn't see yesterday's episode.

I feel all better now.

• Like 14
  • Laugh 2

22 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

Why isn’t Olive Oyl there to support her sister and for that matter where is Chloe to support her bestie.  

By Olive Oyl, do you mean Victoria?  On another forum, I've heard Abby be called Olive Oyl, so I got confused. 😄

• Like 2
  • Laugh 6

Half the town. Right. Wow, Chelsea, you really think a lot of yourself. No way was half of Genoa City at that party. And isn't it still kind of hot (and humid) for leather? Your inner thighs must look like worn tires. 😐

Nick should fire his housekeeper. She just lets any old psycho bum rush his front door.

Interesting to me that they had Summer complain how getting dosed with spiked drinks took away her personal agency. Meanwhile, over on B&B the actor in question was compelled by TPTB to come out in defense of his character getting mollied, probably because what happened as a result served a particular side of a longstanding triangle. And why is the network on this molly trip (🙄) anyway? I think they're arriving way late to this dire social isses party, as it were.

Oh Stuporgirl, stop acting brand new. Video of you on social media kissing Kyle is not the most humiliating thing that's ever happened to you. It's not even on your top ten list. So cute of you to act concerned about Lola's feelings too.

Yikes, socially inept mannequin Zoe might be straight up cray. Even Phyllis was a bit taken aback. But how does Phyllis use that secret recording without blowing up Kyle too? If she thinks the Abbotts hate her now, just let her bust open Kyle's scandalous and likely felonious actions wrt Zoe.

Have to wonder whether a certain recent personnel change at CBS Daytime means YR will slowly move Kyle and Summer back together. The remaining Rosales might be on a countdown timer now since so many viewers resent them. I don't really mind Rey and Lola though. Just dial them down a notch or three.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Like 10

1 hour ago, Kimboweena said:

By Olive Oyl, do you mean Victoria?  On another forum, I've heard Abby be called Olive Oyl, so I got confused. 😄

Olive Oyl is Victoria skinny and flat chest. Abby might be considered skinny but she has ample girls.  

Banana Breath’s remedy for disaster is not to hit it hard but take the day off.  Summer actually is doing the right thing by going to work. 

Cancellation of course so when the Grand Phoenix rises again, everyone will commend Abby and Chelsea for the great job pulling the Grand Phoenix out of the ashes.  I don’t know how many rooms the Grand Phoenix has but without at least 80% occupancy, events and the lounge alone can’t keep the hotel in the black. To me, Society and the Grand Phoenix lounge are in competition with each other.   

Summer is humiliated. When has Summer not been humiliated?  

I’m wondering when Adam somehow someway will be blamed by the GC minions. 

WTFAbby?  The Society opening with lights failing and no food is a walk in the park to the Grand Phoenix opening?  In Abby’s dullard mind, drugs, cops, and people going to the hospital is really no biggie. 

Phyllis is ever the opportunistic. She’s the rattlesnake that kills its prey and than becomes the buzzard that feeds on their dead carcasses.  

• Like 13

8 hours ago, Kemper said:

If Phyllis figured out that Zoe was responsible (in record time) why ca

n't the GCPD?  Did someone tell her or did she use her computer skills to figure it out?  Didn't see yesterday's episode.

I feel all better now.

Zoe had asked Phyllis to team up with her to cause trouble at the Phoenix opening night. Phyllis kinda shrugged her off as a little baby, but...then molly happened and...

Edited by Lamima
  • Like 6
  • Useful 2
  • Laugh 2

10 hours ago, Kemper said:

If Phyllis figured out that Zoe was responsible (in record time) why can't the GCPD?  Did someone tell her or did she use her computer skills to figure it out?  Didn't see yesterday's episode.

I feel all better now.

2 hours ago, Lamima said:

Zoe had asked Phyllis to team up with her to cause trouble at the Phoenix opening night. Phyllis kinda shrugged her off as a little baby, but...then molly happened and...

Phyllis had her own plan in place recording Zoe's confession and then using that information to get a cut of the Phoenix from Abby and Chelsea -- Why else would she call Abby first instead of GCPD?

Abby and Chelsea will be too stupid to turn the tables on Phyllis and have Det. Rey Rey ("It's personal.") and Chief Williams sweat the recording out of Phyllis.

The Grand Phoenix opening/Molly drugging has been a profoundly stupid story so far -- All to insert Phyllis back into the hotel she attempted to steal from Atonal Adam, and give her a job/reason to keep her in the constant milieu of all the other characters that are going to habituate the new hotel set.

The idea of MS in every damned SL, with every character on the books, is stomach-churning,

• Like 21
  • Useful 2
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, Kemper said:

She is in the storyline with the ongoing Adam/Victor feud; the Nick/Chelsea story; the Chelsea-Abby story; the Theo/Summer story.  Plus a few others - but it doesn't matter.  We all know that she will end up a heroine for the Newman family at the end of the day. 

11 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

But how does Phyllis use that secret recording without blowing up Kyle too? If she thinks the Abbotts hate her now, just let her bust open Kyle's scandalous and likely felonious actions wrt Zoe.

I am liking Phyllis as this mother of psychedelic oneness.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 8

The actors (writers?) did a fairly good job with the MDMA-spiked party. I mean the overall concept is absolutely stupid: how is Zoe getting revenge by giving people free drugs? The only one really hurt by it was Devon because of his anxiety issues and she doesn't know him. Even if it DID ruin the reputation of Dark Phoenix (which it didn't seem to, Chelsea said most guests had a blast) that really hurts Abby/Chelsea not Theo/Kyle. 

However, the little details were surprisingly good. Often on TV (especially network TV) the "drugs are bad" message leads to lazy writing and people using acting tics interchangeably downers like heroin or stoned or crazed on blow...its all laughably interchangeable because you, know, DRUGS make you HIGH! They actually did do a not bad job of making it molly-specific: hitting people slowly, hotter and sweatier, distracted by lights and music...and lovely-dovey. Mariah and Tessa were cute, I think the only one who overdid it a bit was Sharon who was acting more drunken than rolling on molly but I like they acknowledged it could effect her differently because of her antidepressants. Having Theo and Summer figure it out first was smart/funny too, because you know those two have done it in the past!

So yeah, Zoe and the whole plot point is just ridiculous but some writing details/acting choices were a pleasant surprise.

Honestly, I'm a bit confused by the whole purpose of Dark Phoenix generally. We JUST got a swanky new bar/meeting place with Society, which is a pretty big set! What's the purpose of another new set that essentially fills the same role? Does it mean they are going to phase out the dark mahogany and comings/goings of the GCAC in favor of this being the new hotel set?

Edited by JasonCC
  • Like 15
  • Useful 2

16 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Oh Stuporgirl, stop acting brand new. Video of you on social media kissing Kyle is not the most humiliating thing that's ever happened to you. It's not even on your top ten list.

Dummer has fucked Buttbiscuit and found out her first husband cheated with her aunt at his funeral. The Kyle kiss shouldn't even register compared with those.

16 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Have to wonder whether a certain recent personnel change at CBS Daytime means YR will slowly move Kyle and Summer back together. The remaining Rosales might be on a countdown timer now since so many viewers resent them. I don't really mind Rey and Lola though. Just dial them down a notch or three.

I hope not. Lola does seem like a mostly decent person, if unable to read a room (ie her attempts to be BFF with Summer) and Rey had enough intelligence to pull himself out of Sharon's whirlwind of stupid when Adam came along so I guess he's not too brain damaged. There's got to be some women to pair him with.

• Like 14
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 1

On 9/10/2019 at 3:38 PM, OhioSongbird said:

But I am grateful there was no ButtBiscuit.....

Can you imagine that?  *shudder*

What an image that would be, especially if ButtBiscuit was snorting coke.  

With that proboscis, it would have to be brought in by dump truck.

• Like 4
  • Laugh 20

Good grief, has Chelsea always been such a drama queen? Meanwhile, Abby, yelling at Paul likely isn't the solution to your problem.

I liked Sharon's top. Screw that "no white after Labor Day" rule! Guess she and Phyllis called each other this morning to coordinate their off-shoulder looks. 😑

Victoria's hair looked nice today. I liked her pastel suit too.

Sharon still seemed to be acting kinda loopy, no? She was doing her weird "come hither" thing with both Rey and Adam.

I'm thinking Abby is a rotten negotiator. Neither her Newman nor Abbott genes served her well today. Phyllis is engaging in Extortion 101 and could easily be taken down if Abby just had some patience and a better game face. Grifter extraordinaire Chelsea was no help at all.

So what ever happened to the spumors that cartoon robot vacuum Zoe would turn out to be Avery's daughter? For that matter, what about the rumors that Avery was returning? Gah.

Phyllis stays being that person trying to crash the party they deliberately weren't invited to. It seems pathetic to me but is the audience supposed to see it as cool?

• Like 14
  • Useful 1

Does Phyllis realize that by getting 25% of the Grand Phoenix means that she takes on 25% of the responsibilities of the operation?  Of course, according to the rules of Y&R, the Grand Phoenix will be very successful.  Chiquita (Chelsea), Abby, and Phyllis will become rich upon their wildest dreams.  I’m team Phyllis on this one. Phyllis can be despicable and Abby can be annoying but I’m glad that Chiquita, the drifter con artist is getting some just desserts, especially for becoming Banana Breath’s top banana.  

Sharon, in a way is, is actually flirty with Adam.  Her heart and body wants him but her head is ruling her actions for now. 

What’s with Olive Oyl and that hideous hair do. She looks like a spinster cat lady. 

The question of the day:  Why didn’t Phyllis get into trouble for hacking into the security server and deleting some of the footage? 

• Like 10

Maybe while she’s gone on her mystery trip, Sharon can find some clothes that fit and someone who can actually give her a decent, flattering hairstyle. She looks just awful lately and that’s not only her damn hair!

• Like 3

The actors played being drugged really well. I believed the scenes. It was pretty well done. I just couldn’t help but think that this was shades of Dr. David Hayward’s Libidizone debacle on All My Children.

• Like 6
  • Laugh 1

2 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

The question of the day:  Why didn’t Phyllis get into trouble for hacking into the security server and deleting some of the footage? 

It's Soap Bizzaro Rules: What ever happens in the Real World, it is the absolute opposite in the Soap World.

• Like 8
  • Laugh 2

Happy to hear you're feeling better and back to critiquing this trainwreck, @boes

I also noticed Phyllis' whispering and stutterbarking and wondered if her years at GH under the influence of Maurice Bernard have amplified her terrible tics?  Either way, it's tiresome.  Imagine having to be around someone who talked like that in real life ... the bug eyed whispering, the lunatic arm waving, the caw caw cawing.  <shudder>

7 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Phyllis stays being that person trying to crash the party they deliberately weren't invited to. It seems pathetic to me but is the audience supposed to see it as cool?

It's pathetic.

• Like 20

4 hours ago, boes said:

She's everywhere.  In everything.  She leers, she whispers, she stutterbarks, she gives that creepy big-eyed stare, she pouts out those icky wet lips of hers that resemble the tentacle ends of an octopus, swings those elongated limbs while her head swivels around like one of those swing arm desk lamps come to some sort of unholy life.  Watching her, every day, in every storyline, that painful, talentless overacting, those repetitive tics - it's really pretty creepy.

@boes, methinks you are feeling better!  This is the best description of Phyllis, ever.

• Like 16
  • Laugh 6

12 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

What’s with Olive Oyl and that hideous hair do. She looks like a spinster cat lady. 

Spinster Cat Lady!!  I love that!  It's a perfect description of Victoria's entire look yesterday!

And may I add to your "question of the day" by adding:  and for blackmailing Abby and Chelsea?

Edited by lovemesomejoolery
  • Like 15
  • Useful 1

8 hours ago, boes said:

I was sidelined for the last week or more with a vaccine reaction - first time ever - so I've done very little posting, but...........damn, show is just dreadful.  I thought that maybe it seemed so awful because I felt so awful but I'm better and it most certainly is NOT.

Abby blathered on and on, daily, about opening this stupid hotel like she just cured polio and then when the party went bad, she practically rent her garments and sat in ashes because she might "lose everything".  Really, Abby, you blew the half a billion bucks you got from your dad on that pink pool table and all those Ikea accessories?  I guess they call Dummer the "future of the family" because you're even a BIGGER idiot? 

Chelsea been gasping to a disco beat for the past few days, hysterical that her road to redemption might be compromised.  Chelz, hate to break it to you, but people would rather see you on the road to Rexx Ruggs than the road to redemption.  Nobody's gonna mistake you for a saint, especially with your lips pressed to that baboon butt of a Nick you're scamming, I mean, involved with. 

Then it turns out that the criminal mastermind behind dosing everyone's drinks with metamucil was Zoe, an underage Teletubby. 

And Phyllis, again again, was made front and center in yet one more storyline, this time it being her who brought the criminal to justice.  She did that, of course, by being even more criminal which somehow seems not to bother Tightpockets or Rey Rey at all.

She's everywhere.  In everything.  She leers, she whispers, she stutterbarks, she gives that creepy big-eyed stare, she pouts out those icky wet lips of hers that resemble the tentacle ends of an octopus, swings those elongated limbs while her head swivels around like one of those swing arm desk lamps come to some sort of unholy life.  Watching her, every day, in every storyline, that painful, talentless overacting, those repetitive tics - it's really pretty creepy.

There's other stuff going on, I know but there's such a complete overlay of Phyllis that it's hard to see through that sticky grime to anything else.

What on earth is going to happen when ButtBiscuit returns from having the new bowling lanes and lap pool installed in his nostrils and they're BOTH on screen at the same time?

When Worlds Collide.......

Glad you are feeling better!

• Like 13

Phyllis is an automatic remote-clicker-changer for me at this point.  I am begging CBS to get rid of her.  Maybe one of those "fake deaths" where the character can come back as a different actress.  She is actually hurting the show at this point.  Her fellow cast-members need to stage a coup; refuse to film with her, etc.  Maybe she is really nice in "real life" and her fellow actors really filming with her.  She also has chemistry with no one.

• Like 19
  • Laugh 1

9 hours ago, boes said:

I was sidelined for the last week or more with a vaccine reaction - first time ever - so I've done very little posting, but...........damn, show is just dreadful.  I thought that maybe it seemed so awful because I felt so awful but I'm better and it most certainly is not

Yay, boes, glad you’re better !

Yeah, the show is more awful than ever..can you imagine running into someone and they do a “caw, caw, caw” right in your face ? You’d run away from them as tho they were an escaped mental patient....which she most certainly is 🤐

• Like 14
  • Laugh 4

Does anyone know who this person is? They were included on Worn on TV by name among the hotel opening outfits but I don't recognize them as a cast member:

q1SZ3zd.jpg

Abby blathered on and on, daily, about opening this stupid hotel like she just cured polio and then when the party went bad, she practically rent her garments and sat in ashes because she might "lose everything".  Really, Abby, you blew the half a billion bucks you got from your dad on that pink pool table and all those Ikea accessories? 

I realize Abby was being hyperbolic but it brings up another question for me. Do wealthy people usually spend a chunk of their own money for stuff like this? I imagine she laid out tens of millions, which isn't chump change but also isn't a big dent in what must be at least a billion dollar fortune by now. Seems like she would've gotten investors (real ones, not pretend ones like Chelsea) to minimize her own risk. When Abby created Society she got Devon to go in on it with her so why wouldn't she have done that with an even bigger financial project? (And she also wouldn't have had just one investor/debt holder like Nick did, which enabled Adam to scoop Dark Horse out from under him.) Seems to me none of the Newman kids or grandkids are particularly great with business unless they steal it from someone else or Victor just gives it to them.

• Like 11
  • Laugh 1

Glad to hear you’re on the mend, boes!  I don’t think you calling Zoe an underage teletubbie is getting enough respect. 

Who in their right mind would stay at a hotel owned by the three chuckleheads? I’d feel more comfortable staying at the Holiday Inn Express in Billy’s right nostril.

• Like 8
  • Laugh 12

5 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Does anyone know who this person is? They were included on Worn on TV by name among the hotel opening outfits but I don't recognize them as a cast member:

q1SZ3zd.jpg

I realize Abby was being hyperbolic but it brings up another question for me. Do wealthy people usually spend a chunk of their own money for stuff like this? I imagine she laid out tens of millions, which isn't chump change but also isn't a big dent in what must be at least a billion dollar fortune by now. Seems like she would've gotten investors (real ones, not pretend ones like Chelsea) to minimize her own risk. When Abby created Society she got Devon to go in on it with her so why wouldn't she have done that with an even bigger financial project? (And she also wouldn't have had just one investor/debt holder like Nick did, which enabled Adam to scoop Dark Horse out from under him.) Seems to me none of the Newman kids or grandkids are particularly great with business unless they steal it from someone else or Victor just gives it to them.

From what little I remember, Abby started out trying to talk Phyllis, when Phyllis had this as her pet project at Dark Horse under Adam, into letting her lease space to open a lounge at the Grand Phoenix.  Then, Phyllis sold all of Dark Horse, with the exception of the Grand Phoenix to Victoria, so she could be thanked by Nick for returning his company to him.  Then she thought she'd bought the Grand Phoenix from Adam, but it turned out he'd fooled her and instead of the Genoa City Grand Phoenix, he'd sold her a tear down hotel of the same name in Detroit.

THEN, as George Seinfeld's girlfriend once said, yadda yadda yadda and Abby beat her to the punch and bought the Grand Phoenix directly from Adam herself.  I remember him bringing her the paperwork at Society, and Phyllis was out.  Phyllis begged to get back in and Abby told her she needed to have some skin in the game, 20% or something, which Phyllis was unable to raise.  She even tried to get Chelsea to invest with her and Chelsea turned her down.  That gave Chelsea the idea to approach Abby about investing and the Pink Pool Table was born.  Phyllis, as usual, vowed revenge on everyone and their little dog, when she was cut out and here we are.......

Did I miss any knuckleheaded move, or get the sequence wrong?  Must be the sangria......

So I guess that means that Abby's only investor is Chelsea.

Edited by boes
  • Like 11
  • Useful 6
  • Laugh 1

The woman in purple and the shorter woman next to her seem to be Theo's groupies and possibly employees. They've followed him to Society, Chancellor Park and now to the Grand Phoenix over the past month or so.

• Like 4
  • Useful 8
  • Laugh 1
  • Surprise 1

@boes You have the chronology of this idiotic story correct.  Doesn't this plot sound familiar?  I was in and out of AMC during the Babe years (and finally out altogether out of complete disgust with nearly all the characters), but isn't this similar to how that baby-kidnapping trash person was inserted into the company owned by Greenlee, Kendall, et al?

Edited by Kitty Redstone · Reason: spelling
  • Like 6
  • Useful 2
  • Laugh 1

Just catching up on the party after a CBS All Access and Amazon Prime decided to play NO IT'S THEIR FAULT with taking away Y&R.  Maybe I should be thanking them.  Watching back to back and seeing Phyllis shrieking and arms flailing was not good for nausea!

Chelsea, the hotel manager, had to fill in for the bartender?  As in, they only had one for their grand opening?  Yep, they definitely have business sense, those two.  Then she proceeds to make Phyllis a Shirley Temple (god I miss them from my childhood days!) with a can of soda?  They don't even have carbonated water and soda hooked to their bar?  Stay classy, girls.

Tessa's ode to Summer was cute, I giggled.  And I giggled for Nate's "I can help!!!!  Let me get my medicine bag!!!!!!"  He was on a delightfully happy trip!

Chelsea and Abby sure didn't have much sympathy for their affected guests.  As Summer is nursing her molly hangover on the Banana Couch, Chelsea is ranting and raving about how this all affects HER! HER COMEBACK! HER REPUTATION!  Then Nate comes to check in on Abby, and she starts whining to him about how it affects HER! without even bothering to ask him how he, one of the drugging victims, is doing.

Of course, Victor wins the prize by complaining that he can't get a hold of his doctor on demand.  I'm supposed to believe he didn't know about the molly?

And finally, Zoe won me over at the end by telling Rey to "watch the manicure!" and shouting "Zoe Hardisty! Follow me!!" during her perp walk.  Hee!!

• Like 8
  • Laugh 12

Chelsea and Abby sure didn't have much sympathy for their affected guests.  As Summer is nursing her molly hangover on the Banana Couch, Chelsea is ranting and raving about how this all affects HER! HER COMEBACK! HER REPUTATION!  

Phyllis was the same way. "Sure my dotter was drugged and could have been really harmed but HOW DARE PEOPLE BE SUSPECTING ME? Everybody is always so mean to ME! Summer who?

• Like 12
  • Laugh 8

3 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

Phyllis was the same way. "Sure my dotter was drugged and could have been really harmed but HOW DARE PEOPLE BE SUSPECTING ME? Everybody is always so mean to ME! Summer who?

And on that same token, Phyllis would rather stick it to Abby and Chelsea for a portion of the hotel than make sure that the person who drugged her dotter went to jail.

• Like 18

1 hour ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

About today's episode:  Theo.......eeeewwwww.

Just when you think he couldn't get any greasier or creepier.

Eeeewwwww!

There are no depths Theo won't go to sleaze up an encounter or relationship.

I still don't understand Mariah rationalizing Theo's worth by keeping the untrustworthy troll on the payroll because he worked hard to cover his own ass while tossing his "influencer" under the bus for the Phoenix drugging debacle. 

• Like 14

Ugh, the "we kidnapped you and held you hostage in this boathouse for your own good" gambit. Please, it didn't fly with Neil and AFAIC it doesn't fly with Josh's apparent pets, Chloe and Kevin.

Wait, so Nate didn't notice that the level of medication in Victor's bloodstream was twice as high as it should be? Hmm, I might start embracing the longstanding spumor that Victor, with Nate's help, is running a scam on his family.

Devon would be one the last people I'd have expected to defend Phyllis to Abby. I know Phyllis was supposed to be one of Hilary's friends but still, WTF?

What kind of cheap phone does wealthy Victoria have that it ran out of battery power? Is her phone unable to receive calls while it's being charged?

Chloe evaluating someone's mental fitness is ridiculous to me. I can't wait until the Abbotts find out what she and Kevin did.

Forget Victor's perpetual "it's all about meeeee" dramaz, what if there was an emergency with one of Victoria's kids? It makes no sense that she wouldn't keep her phone charged. Silly plot device.

"I don't believe in labels." Oy, Theo is working Tessa like the thirsty tool she is. I swear, if Tessa ever sleeps with Theo my head will explode. Mariah doesn't deserve that.

So how many personalities does Billy have now? I think I've counted three so far.

Re the previews: Jackie, no! (And good grief, what an absurd coincidence that Sharon and Jack would wind up at the same place in the entire country. That spa must've done some targeted marketing to GC residents in particular.)

• Like 13
  • Laugh 1
  • Sad 1

I don’t believe Victor’s collapse is real, and I think it’s a set up against Adam. I think it was yesterday when Doc was going to give Vic the results of his bloodwork, but Vic dismissed the clan so he could get the results in private.  If there isn’t some scheme, why wouldn’t he allow at least Nicki to be there to hear the results?  

• Like 10
  • Useful 6

That opening full face shot of Nostrils was awful. His nostrils took up the majority of my 40” screen. 

Birthday party, for Elena, at the lounge takes away business from Society. Devon owns the GCAC and an interest in Society, so why does he want to give business to his competition?  GC, no matter what TIIC want us to think, is not a tourist destination so there are not enough people to make all three locations thrive. 

Why does Banana Breath always sound like he’s talking at people and not to people.  Even when he talks to Christian and Chiquita, it comes off as a fake persona. 

Yeah right, I see no one, in the “ family gathering” that is above reproach.  It’s a gathering of Jackals that really love nothing more than ripping each other apart.  Truce?  My ass.  

Theo is doing nothing more than flirting with Tessa and trying to undermine Mariah. Tessa, “I’m gay”. Theo, “I don’t believe in labels”.  That’s a typical lounge lizard pick up line.  What will Summer say when she finds out Theo hit on Tessa?  Mariah just brushed off Theo’s advances on Tessa, and Mariah looks at Theo as a challenge more than threat.  I don’t now if Mariah is being naive or passive aggressive. I guess time will tell, Mariah has the upper hand on Theo via Devon.

Oh, I almost forgot to mention that Abby invested 10’s of millions in the Grand Phoenix but needed Devon as a partner to open Society. I’m sure Society cost a heck of a lot less than the hotel. 

• Like 14
  • Laugh 3

5 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

"I don't believe in labels." Oy, Theo is working Tessa like the thirsty tool she is. I swear, if Tessa ever sleeps with Theo my head will explode. Mariah doesn't deserve that.

So how many personalities does Billy have now? I think I've counted three so far.

So Theo doesn't believe in labels?  Well, I do.  Let's see, Theo, how about "oleaginous" for you, that seems to work.  Unctuous, obsequious, slick, trickster, cheater, phoney, vicious, bogus, fetid, malodorous, fly-blown, scummy, or sordid, any of those work for you?  I'd toss in fraudulent, deceitful and pretentious but I'm pretty sure you'd see that as praise.

Tessa should have sprayed him with Febreze and then gone for a delousing.  Mariah, famous last words about you being able to handle him.  Something wicked this way comes.

Joimiaroxeu, you are kinder than I, because I've yet to see ButtBiscuit have an actual personality.  All I've seen since his introductory coma walk has been a character defined by being a walking, talking human personification of a bad case of the stomach flu.  Regular Billy and Gumball Billy seem pretty much the same.  The only question I find myself asking is why he's not using that nose of his as a gumball dispenser.  He could quit Jabot, install a slot for nickels where his chin is supposed to be and hire himself out for kiddie birthday parties.  The kids would line up to see those gumballs shooting out like twin cannonballs.

He could CLEAN UP and finally make Victoria proud.

4 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

That opening full face shot of Nostrils was awful. His nostrils took up the majority of my 40” screen. 

For a moment there I thought I had turned on the National Geographic channel.  I was expecting to see a bears emerging from hibernation, or icebergs calving.  Then I saw he was in the competent hands of Chloe,  Genoa City's version of Dr. Phil.  

How could that go wrong?

Oh yeah, Victor collapsed while in the bosom of his family.  Gee, I sure hope he's going to be okay......

giphy.gif

Edited by boes
  • Like 8
  • Laugh 16

On 9/12/2019 at 8:13 PM, boes said:

What on earth is going to happen when ButtBiscuit returns from having the new bowling lanes and lap pool installed in his nostrils and they're BOTH on screen at the same time?

Curiously enough, Buttbiscuit is the one individual that NuOldPhyllis hasn't shared much, if any screentime with, which is easily the only good decision Josh Griffin has since taking over this show.

We don't need reminders of the one pairi g that was more vile than Shictor.

• Like 13
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 3

the one pairi g that was more vile than Shictor.

Not sure I'd go that far. The problem with Shictor from many viewers' perspectives was that Victor had long been a father figure to Sharon. For him to be romantically involved with her seemed almost incestuous and lecherous.

Billy and Phyllis had never been more than in-laws and professional enemies. Plus there was the whole thing with Daniel's daughter and the illegal adoption. And it was simply in-your-face disrespectful to Jack. It made no sense beyond GT's apparently not wanting to be paired with someone PB's age.

Shictor was borderline offensive, IMO, and Philly was mostly needless and pointless.

• Like 13
  • Useful 3

11 hours ago, boes said:

So Theo doesn't believe in labels?  Well, I do.  Let's see, Theo, how about "oleaginous" for you, that seems to work.  Unctuous, obsequious, slick, trickster, cheater, phoney, vicious, bogus, fetid, malodorous, fly-blown, scummy, or sordid, any of those work for you?  I'd toss in fraudulent, deceitful and pretentious but I'm pretty sure you'd see that as praise.

It's that oily arrogance dripping off of Theo -- He pursues anything that will tickle his gonads or elevate his imaginary fame or line his pockets … And in the same breath reverse his offer to nuzzle your underpinnings or make you a drudge in his sweatshop or not pick your pocket. 

Theo is an unimpressive scuzzball, who wouldn't be trusted represent a bar fight (Table flipping and broken beer bottles!).

And yet Kyle recommended Theo flog for Jabot's social media marketing (to Kyle and, occasionally Dumber's regret), Phyllis hired/Abby kept him on to pad the guest list for the Grand Phoenix's grand opening and launch his coterie of "influencers" broadcasting on the Interwebs social media (which blew up spectacularly in Theo's face with Zoe's X infusion), and somehow Theo convinced Darvon to inject him into Power Communication, working with/under/against Mariah's management. 

Theo's a slippery little eel. Willing to say anything, reading right and/or offend the crowd he's fleecing, Lie, cheat, steal, harass, lounge and tongue bathe whoever needs saliva to mastermind their six seconds of fame. 

Tessa should have sprayed him with Febreze and then gone for a delousing.  Mariah, famous last words about you being able to handle him.  Something wicked this way comes.

Encounters with people like Theo involve striping off your clothes and burning them. Then a thorough hosing off in the yard, tomato juice bath, flea dip and nits combing. Shaving of all hair is optional, but may prove necessary if live vermin or eggs are found during combing

Joimiaroxeu, you are kinder than I, because I've yet to see ButtBiscuit have an actual personality.  All I've seen since his introductory coma walk has been a character defined by being a walking, talking human personification of a bad case of the stomach flu.  Regular Billy and Gumball Billy seem pretty much the same.  The only question I find myself asking is why he's not using that nose of his as a gumball dispenser.  He could quit Jabot, install a slot for nickels where his chin is supposed to be and hire himself out for kiddie birthday parties.  The kids would line up to see those gumballs shooting out like twin cannonballs.

I was thinking NotBilly/Gumball NotBilly were essentially the same monosyllabic, violent, talentless personality, but TIIC seem to be indicating he's suffering from a dissociative disorder. Denying he remembers he plotted a car theft to run down Atonal Adam and carried it out, is switch for NotBilly -- Usually he knows full well what felony he's perpetrated and lies about any knowledge of it as an automatic response to being caught.

Is it at all possible NotBilly is a mentally ill crackpot, and not just a gone to seed asshole?

Dr. Chloe's Mental Hospital and Boathouse Bait Shop is a hoot. She and kevin set NotBilly's broken (?) leg, and because of her own multiple murder attempts make Chloe the only person to salvage NotBilly? 

He could CLEAN UP and finally make Victoria proud.

Stop it! NotBilly can't clean up his own snot-filled nose, much less his squandered life.

NotBilly is a waste of skin, incapable of controlling his instinct to shit on everything and everyone he comes in contact with. Ruination, thy name is NotBilly Abbott.

Victoria was smart enough to not remarry NotBilly, but that's where her prescience ends. He's stuck on her like a barnacle, and about as attractive.

For a moment there I thought I had turned on the National Geographic channel.  I was expecting to see a bears emerging from hibernation, or icebergs calving.  Then I saw he was in the competent hands of Chloe,  Genoa City's version of Dr. Phil. 

How could that go wrong?

It would take less time to go over the short list of How could that go right?

Oh yeah, Victor collapsed while in the bosom of his family.  Gee, I sure hope he's going to be okay......

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

The Newman's always come together, fitfully, when there's a Victor health and welfare emergency. Even Atonal looked stricken.

Y'know, Atonal has been taken aback (Could that be regret or uncertainty that his plan may be working too well?) that doubling the dosage of Victor's experimental meds is having an immediate adverse effect -- Is it taking all the masturbatory-worthy satisfaction out of what should be a slow, painful poisoning of the most hated Bad Dad of them all? 

Boo Fucking Hoo, Atonal.

And what's the damage with Dr.Nate Hastings? One blood test doesn't indicate a double dose of experimental medication? Where's the brilliant Dr. Simon Neville when you need him?

• Like 15

11 hours ago, boes said:

You forgot greasy wanna-be Hemsworth who needs a good scrubbing. 😉

• Like 6
  • Laugh 10

Truthfully, if they did detect a double dose I think the first thought would be confusion/older adult forgetting they already took their meds that day. Those MTWTF pill daily holders are for avoiding double-dosing just as much as they are for not forgetting daily meds,

Is that fishing cabin supposed to be on the Chancellor Estate? Is that where Murphy was all the time?

The actor who plays Theo really is a great looking guy---I think the cheesy style they dress him in for the swarmy character distracts from that.

Edited by JasonCC
  • Like 10
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 1

8 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Shictor was borderline offensive, IMO, and Philly was mostly needless and pointless.

LOL, maybe I went too far, but tell that to my eyeballs that had to watch Buttbiscuit and Red rut on the Chancellor staircase xD (Which...um, ouch? I can't even figure out the physics on that one!) Show was smart enough for the relatively shorter time Shictor was together not to show them engage in anything more than hand holding, at least.

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Like 10
  • Laugh 1