Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Aquarius

Getting To Genoa You : Y&R Daily Chat

Theo is most definitely a jealous ex, I don’t think they were ever actually involved that way but he certainly sees Lola as a rival and is doing everything he can to undermine Kyle and Lola’s marriage. He ‘old’ Kyle back and believes this is the way to do it. he also seems to think Kyle will thank him for it and return to his frat boy ways. 

• Like 10
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 2

15 hours ago, KLovestoShop said:

Has anyone gotten a bisexual vibe from Theo and Kyle?  The reason I thought this is because of Lola’s comment that Theo acts like a jealous old girlfriend.  Theo does seem like he’s wanting Kyle all to himself.  

Yes I’ve been saying this for months here and on the cbs YouTube clips comments. Theo’s been fiending some Abbott pickle. 

On brand I guess since Jack’s had numerous people obsessively in lust w him (smelly horse and patti). 

Kyle and summer are going to smash. 

• Like 4
  • Laugh 5
  • Sad 2

16 hours ago, KLovestoShop said:

Has anyone gotten a bisexual vibe from Theo and Kyle? 

You mean someone hasn't?

• Like 7
  • Laugh 11

Lola has joined the Real Wives of GC. All dolled up and showing off the girls. 

What is the purpose of a pre-party party?  I can see the purpose of a bachelor/bachelorette party or a rehearsal dinner but a pre-party party?  

Are TIIC aware that you need a legal reason to challenge or contest a will which are very hard to prove.  Fraud, diminished capacity, improper signature, and undo influence are among the legal remedies.  Let’s see what TIIC come up with.  

Zoe is a Summer in training. She already has the vapid narcissistic fame whore part down pat. 

Victor and Adam have been at war “forever”.  With all that Victor was willing to help him, Chelsea, and Conner disappear.  Victor even mourned his death very hard.  Victor makes an all out effort to bring him back to GC and because Adam turns down the CEO job and tells Christian that Adam is his father, Adam grows horns and wields a pitchfork.  Victor was ready to disrespect Olive Oyl yet again.  To me, Victor is more despicable than Adam when it comes to family.  Victor’s children spend most of their waking hours vying for his approval. I believe they love Victor only because he’s their father. 

• Like 10
  • Laugh 1

Theo has a squad. A squad of what, rabid skunks bathed in used motor oil?

The Grand Sangria. Oh Abby, I see a trademark infringement lawsuit in your future:

VJaPtsN.jpg

Meh, am not here for messing with someone's medication. Not even Victor's. Bad Adam. No dessert for you.

So is animatronic Bratz doll Zoe old enough to drink legally now?

Bleh on most of the pre-gaming dresses. Mariah's was nice but I didn't care for the color. Lola looks good in red but the dress was rather plain IMO.

Who decided scenes where Adam and Victor have a yelling match is the new hot ticket? EB does seem to get unusually energized in them though. At least until his batteries run down.

Whoa, when was the last time we saw any domestic staff at the Newman Ranch?

Yep, it's Chance stirring up trouble with Kay's will. Good luck with that, buddy. You're not even biologically related to her.

Sorry Abby, you are wrong. Everybody did not want to hear Tessa sing. Lol at the lip-syncing backup singers though. Chelsea couldn't catch a beat if you threw it right at her and I'm betting bland indie pop is not on Lola's personal playlist.

Show, stop trying to make me feel sorry for Zoe. Just tell me what her purpose is because clearly it isn't just being Theo's tool and Summer's chew toy.

After all the overblown buildup I'm betting the opening of the Mediocre Firebird will sink harder than the Titanic.

Re the previews, whee, it looks like somebody spiked the sangria with molly! Or Libidozone. 😉 Abby's big launch might get raided by the GCPD.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Like 12
  • Laugh 10

The young denizens at GC high on molly?  Can’t wait to see this.

I hate the storyline of Adam messing with Victor’s medication.  That’s probably the sleaziest thing, and I would hope Adam gets caught for this despicable act.

I wish the make up people would stop using Morticia Adams lipstick on Mariah.  That and over-lining her lips to make them look fuller is distracting.  I’m not seeing the woman, just those huge lips.  Mariah looks like some kind of demon. 

Zoe needs to go away, and fast. And if I hear the word “influencer” one more time, I’ll throw a shoe at the TV.  Maybe we can ship Theo and Zoe on that cruise that lasts 247 days. 

• Like 13
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 7

On 9/5/2019 at 4:25 PM, Kitty Redstone said:

Has Adam ever paid for the dirty rotten things he's done, other than being "killed" a few times? 

No.

On 9/5/2019 at 6:22 PM, KLovestoShop said:

Has anyone gotten a bisexual vibe from Theo and Kyle?  The reason I thought this is because of Lola’s comment that Theo acts like a jealous old girlfriend.  Theo does seem like he’s wanting Kyle all to himself.  

Ha! As if Y&R would have two gay couples on at the same time! How long did it take before we got a shot of Teriah waking up in bed together after dating for how long, now?

But he mad obsessed tho, not gonna lie 😂

On 9/5/2019 at 5:53 PM, Waldo13 said:

Having Zoe, a cutesy young blonde, in GC, is really there to make Summer look smarter. 

Forrest Gump would look like MENSA material next to Summer. Or even Nick, for that matter.

3 hours ago, KLovestoShop said:

The young denizens at GC high on molly?  Can’t wait to see this.

Maybe.Thomas Forrester's friend Vinnie can make a stop over now that his best client is going to the slammer 😉

• Like 10
  • Laugh 5

7 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

Victor and Adam have been at war “forever”.  With all that Victor was willing to help him, Chelsea, and Conner disappear.  Victor even mourned his death very hard.  Victor makes an all out effort to bring him back to GC and because Adam turns down the CEO job and tells Christian that Adam is his father, Adam grows horns and wields a pitchfork.  Victor was ready to disrespect Olive Oyl yet again.  To me, Victor is more despicable than Adam when it comes to family. 

Me too. He uses his wealth and money to pit all his children against each other. Hell, be brought Adam to town the very first time because he was pissed at Nick for something, then threw Adam away when he went on his power trip when Victor was assumed dead. He's always been trash and has no room to talk about anyone's parenting.

• Like 14

Re the previews, whee, it looks like somebody spiked the sangria with molly! Or Libidozone. 😉Abby's big launch might get raided by the GCPD.

Or the fine doctors at Narcolepsy Anonymous.

• Like 2
  • Laugh 13

No.

Adam did go to prison for a short while to start serving a lengthy sentence. I think Victor arranged for him to escape though.

I wish the make up people would stop using Morticia Adams lipstick on Mariah.  That and over-lining her lips to make them look fuller is distracting.  I’m not seeing the woman, just those huge lips.  Mariah looks like some kind of demon. 

Heh, I wouldn't call her look demonic but I agree that it is kinda harsh. They seem to be making an adjustment to Mariah's characterization to make her tougher, more like a Boss. Perhaps the makeup thing is a part of that.

• Like 4
  • Useful 5

On 9/5/2019 at 6:36 PM, Waldo13 said:

A rusty and dull blade would be also helpful.  

That goes without saying.

The views there are spectacular. He would be at a spa, with A/C if it got too hot and still be able to observe the vistas. 4 wheeling, in a A/C Jeep, would get him up close and personal.

That'll be the day TIIC show Jack Abbott 4 wheeling in the AZ desert -- Remember when Jack and Nicki were at the Abbott Death Cabin canoodling, and Jack was wearing jeans? I didn't think the Y&R Universe would survive Smilin' Jack Abbott in sports wear.

On 9/5/2019 at 9:26 PM, SiouxB said:

I love how Adam has all of these people to do his bidding....whatever he wants is at his disposal...

He's got plenty of money thanks to Victoria getting him started by buying Nick's Dark Horse leveraged debt, and then selling off its parts at a profit.

I find most of Atonal Adam's threats and machinations poorly written drama. One of his target's gains an inch squirming out of his grip, and TIIC conveniently prop up AA's reign of terror with an unseen, unknown power structure of information gathering, spies scuttling in dark corners, unlimited cash flow, and stolen materials for Atonal to conquer his victims.

It's hard to consider most of the people Atonal's tormenting and toying and threatening as victims, but he's being written as a misanthropic, quivering, psychopathic coward, desperate to burn the world he covets. Steering the character backward into MMAdam homicidal tendencies is supposed to manipulate the viewer to feel what toward Atonal?

This version of Adam is recast déjà blech. 

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Like 13

17 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Whoa, when was the last time we saw any domestic staff at the Newman Ranch?

And she had a name that Nikki called her by, not "Cook" like the last staff person I recall (a couple of years ago).  Have we seen "Driver" yet?

Edited by deirdra
  • Like 3
  • Laugh 6

Are there no mirrors in the Y&R dressing rooms?  If there were, Melody would never have walked out in that awful white dress.  And as I’ve been saying for years, she needs to stop wearing her “Littlest Angel” training bra and get into something that supports her sagging chest.   

• Like 12
  • Laugh 1

I actually liked the white dress on her. It wasn’t nearly as restricting as some of her other dresses and the pony tail was a nice touch.

• Like 7

13 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Adam did go to prison for a short while to start serving a lengthy sentence. I think Victor arranged for him to escape though.

Are you talking about his stint for the diary thing ages ago? That's the only time I can recall him going to prison and the lunacy he went through to get himself under house arrest and under Victor's roof to torture Ashley was all his doing.

But then Adam has had more reboots and resets than every franchise in Marvel AND DC Comics at this point. I can barely keep up anymore. I hate that Michael Munhey's popularity likely saved Adam from MAB's slaughter list and that his stupid character has gotten far too many lives and chances than he deserves as a result. He should've died off in that one explosion in 2010 and let it be the end of it.

• Like 8
  • Useful 3

Are you talking about his stint for the diary thing ages ago? That's the only time I can recall him going to prison and the lunacy he went through to get himself under house arrest and under Victor's roof to torture Ashley was all his doing.

The Gabriel version of Adam was convicted (falsely, thanks to Victor) of poisoning Constance Bingham. He went to prison and while in a fugue state he attacked a guard. He had to go back to court to get some time added onto his sentence for the assault. During his transfer back to prison Victor arranged for him to escape. While he was on the lam he ended up in the cabin where he was assumed to have died in an explosion. So technically Adam went to prison for a while though it wasn't for any of the crimes he actually committed.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Like 5
  • Useful 6

As others have said, Adam f-ing with Victor's meds is a reprehensible SL. I'm not looking forward to an (even more) stumbling, mumbling Victor. And Phyllis being an accomplice doesn't make sense. I realize she deserves to see him get his comeuppance more than anyone. But Staph's Phyllis has done nothing but complain about being the town pariah since she arrived. Why would she think that Adam is not going to throw her under the bus?

The actors playing young John and Dina are brutal. I did like her dress though. I also loved Mariah's vampy lipstick and Nikki's white dress. The light pink was too tight and not a good color for her. Summer looked nice in her shimmery top and loose pony.

So Chelsea is officially living with Nick again? Ugh. Haim? Ugh.

• Like 9
  • Useful 1

On 9/4/2019 at 11:40 PM, boes said:

Oh, and what about singing and dancing, maybe juggling?, acrobatics?, maybe some folk-dancing?. 

giphy.gif

• Like 4
  • Laugh 7

I had been wondering if they were phasing out the establishing shots, but we got one of the Newman Ranch on Thursday (or was it Friday? I binged last night).

It does look like Abby's punch gets spiked with Molly/Ecstasy based on the previews! Now that would be an exciting plot. 

In fact? Based on the comments here about Theo and Kyle's homoerotic/oddball interaction about their past in NYC, a better plotline than the overserved girl at the party would indeed have been Theo and Kyle had a one night stand, or made out at a wild party high on molly or something like that and hence the awkwardness, etc. Hell, that could have been a GREAT Kyle and Mariah friendship moment! I seriously love their chemistry together as good friends--she could have been the first he confides in!

• Like 14
  • Laugh 1

35 minutes ago, JasonCC said:

I

It does look like Abby's punch gets spiked with Molly/Ecstasy based on the previews! Now that would be an exciting plot. 

Just to see Abby go down on the legs of a bar stool.

• Laugh 9

On 9/7/2019 at 11:16 PM, Anna Yolei said:

Are you talking about his stint for the diary thing ages ago?

LOL I read this as the "dairy" thing...like he did some cow-tipping as a kid at Hope's farm 🙂

• Laugh 16

1 hour ago, ByTor said:

LOL I read this as the "dairy" thing...like he did some cow-tipping as a kid at Hope's farm 🙂

That reminds me.....is that when he first met Chelsea?

• Like 1
  • Laugh 8

On 9/7/2019 at 10:16 AM, deirdra said:

And she had a name that Nikki called her by, not "Cook" like the last staff person I recall (a couple of years ago).  Have we seen "Driver" yet?

This!  I would give the last hairs on my head to hear Victor yell out in his "I'm constipated and MAD, okay?" voice, "Where the HELL is the butcher, the baker and that godamned candlestick maker?  I want them here NOW!" 

Edited by boes
  • Like 2
  • Laugh 20

None so blind as those who will not see. Adam is blinded by Victor and all, except for Phyllis, by Adam. Adam, is definitely no saint, but he’s not the root of ALL evil. Adam is smart so I still don’t understand why he has discounted Nostrils as trying to kill him. 

So Faith is off to boarding school. I guess TIIC had to 86 her because she was too good of an actress. How long before Banana Breath sends Christian off to boarding school?  

That was a fantastic look on Mariah’s face when she told Tessa that she trusts Theo less. CG can do more with one look than any of the Y&R minions can do with pages of dialog.  Mariah was wright to when it came to the two bimbos that accompanied Theo. They looked like they where dressed for a rock concert.  Even at the party, they still look like they’re dressed in wrapping paper, although it looks like wrapping paper is In Vogue.

Abby can’t wait for all the movers and shakers to arrive and see their new jewel. Yes Abby, all 12 of them beside the Newmans and Abbotts.  Speaking of Newmans, where is Olive Oyl?Right because every day you wake up on the right side of the dirt is a good day

Rey is dressed like a drug lord want to be, Theo is dressed like a pimp, and Banana Breath, with his simian stroll, is looking for his prize banana, Chelsea. True to form, Banana Breath interrupts Chiquita’s (Chelsea) sales pitch just to tell her how wonderful she is 🤢.  Sharon use to be Banana Breath’s banana that’s why she’s dressed in yellow, but I have to admit, Sharon looks fantastic in yellow.  No need to comment about Mariah except for 🥰🥰🔥🔥🔥on the other hand, Tessa, not a good look for you.

Zoe is actually getting the party started 😜

• Like 10
  • Laugh 6

On 9/7/2019 at 1:16 PM, deirdra said:

Infact:  the head kitchen person was called "Chef",  the Chauffer  was called "Driver" the house keeper was "cleaner"   and her husband was, if I remember correctly,...…"Dick"  

• Like 1
  • Laugh 18

Sheesh, Adam should know better than to trust Phyllis. She could play the hero and rat him out just like she did to his sister and stepmother.

I didn't get that bit Lola and Kyle were doing. Is Kyle going to have to fight his urges when Theo comes onto him half-naked and alluring in a short, red, satin robe? 😉

Sharon and Nick talked about Faith going to boarding school like it's some kind of achievement. Pshht, Faith's tired of having to deal with Sharon and Nick's messy love lives. (Have we seen the last of Alyvia Alyn Lind or will she come back in a few years to play Faith all grown up?)

WTF was Theo wearing? Hugh Hefner's corpse called and asked for his Playboy After Dark look back. I liked Summer's outfit though. Very avant-garde. And then Nick shows up looking like he's about to host a nighttime game show circa 1970.

I liked the loud color of Sharon's dress though not the style. Not sure she's tall enough to pull that look off. Crash test dummy Zoe looked to me like she hit the Forever 21 About to Go into Bankruptcy sale and bought whatever she found laying on the dressing room floor. This time I thought Lola's dress was stylish but in a boring color.

Mariah brought the old-school, Veronica Lake glam, and I remain amused at how heartily Tessa is embracing her position as a sugar baby. Elena? Girl, no. What was that fabric, a leftover tree skirt from last Christmas?

Seems we were supposed to be the most impressed with Abby and Chelsea's dresses. Abby, yes. A bit of Greek goddess. Chelsea? FOH. And aw crap but I thought Phyllis killed in her dress. I would've gone with a bright green instead though. The dull blue was boring to me.

So Abby and Chelsea just left the pitchers of sangria out where anyone could put anything in them? They're lucky it's likely just going to be molly and not straight up poison. Good job!

• Like 15
  • Laugh 3

Camryn Grimes is the best thing going on Y&R.  I don't know why they disappear her for days at a time.

What is the point of Zoe?  I sometimes don't pay attention, but even so can't figure out why she'd want to drug everyone at the party.  Sure it's lame, but surely there are better ways to amuse oneself?

I flove velvet, especially in couch or jacket form.  However, JM doesn't do it half as good as Tristan Rogers.

• Like 16

What the everloving fuck was Phyllis wearing to the party???? And Rey? It’s September not January. A turtleneck? and nick in velvet?

sharon’s dress was pretty but I’m not a fan of the bell sleeve. Dumber looked nice and I thought Abby was gorgeous. Like a Greek goddess. 

Kyle seriously needs to learn not to let Theo push his buttons. 

And wtf with Zoe spiking the drinks? 

• Like 10
  • Laugh 3

I think Phyllis warned Victor what Adam was going to do and he's actually taking the prescribed dose and destroying the double-strength replacements.

• Useful 6

8 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

So Faith is off to boarding school. I guess TIIC had to 86 her because she was too good of an actress.

Seeing as Faith was born in 2009 (shortly before or after the Ashby twins who have graduated high school ages ago and two years after Summer, who is 25 going on 12), it's just as likely they're preparing for a SORAS which i would be here for. It's long overdue anyway.

Let her run ramshot over her idiot parents and be the terror they both deserve for all they put her throug. Tell me we have Bad Kid Faith on the horizon and I will be back watching Y&R live 😂

• Like 3
  • Laugh 6

Phyllis in that dress yesterday ... I didn't notice the details of the dress because she so badly needed a bra.  Bigly.  And I am not interested in the "spiking the punch" storyline.  I don't really want to see some of these cast members acting like they are high.  It is a stupid storyline driven by the young, irritating blonde actress; who is almost as irritating as Theo.  And Ray looks mummified - or like he is has just risen from a casket, Dracula style.  Pass on the next day or so.

• Like 10
  • Laugh 7

12 hours ago, Sake614 said:

And Rey? It’s September not January. A turtleneck? 

Are turtlenecks for men in suit jackets coming back in style?  ReyRey is no Dick Cavett.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 12

Mariah and Tessa were the best things about today.

Zoe will be lucky to not be charged with biological terrorism.

I've never heard of ecstasy being called molly.  Is that an LA thing?

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 1

4 minutes ago, Kitty Redstone said:

Nope. 

https://www.drugrehab.com/addiction/drugs/street-names-drugs/

Ecstasy

Ecstasy, also called MDMA, is a psychoactive drug that can produce intense euphoric effects. Popular among young people in party environments, the drug can increase body temperature and lead to numerous consequences, including confusion, anxiety and heart failure.

Street names for ecstasy include:

X

E

XTC

Beans

Molly

Adam

Disco Biscuit

Go

Hug Drug

STP

Eve

Clarity

Lover’s speed

Uppers

Peace

• Like 5
  • Useful 4
  • Laugh 2

ZZZZzzzzz........wake me when this boring, stupid storyline about spiked sangria is over.........

image.png.c245fde5e19360449eb5e4568fa3ad5a.png

Seriously, don't they have other, more compelling storylines to either finish or start?  What was that today?  and why?

Edited by lovemesomejoolery
  • Like 8
  • Laugh 3

Yeah, I feel like in the 90s and early 00's we called it "ecstasy" (or just E) but then it started to be called "molly" later on (2009 onward?). Maybe more a Millennial vs Gen X (hehe) thing....

Why aren't Kyle or Traci in the opening credits?!?

Edited by JasonCC
  • Like 8

14 minutes ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

ZZZZzzzzz........wake me when this boring, stupid storyline about spiked sangria is over.........

image.png.c245fde5e19360449eb5e4568fa3ad5a.png

Seriously, don't they have other, more compelling storylines to either finish or start?  What was that today?  and why?

They should bring in a vampire. Worked for Dark Shadows.

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 1

8 minutes ago, JasonCC said:

Yeah, I feel like in the 90s and early 00's we called it "ecstasy" (or just E) but then it started to be called "molly" later on (2009 onward?). Maybe more a Millennial vs Gen X (hehe) thing....

Why aren't Kyle or Traci in the opening credits?!?

Speaking of the opening credits.....

Last Friday, during the break mid-show, where they show all the cast in their party outfits and say "The Young & The Restless will return", they had the GT version of Phyllis still in them - not Michelle Stafford!  I forgot to check today and yesterday's show. 

• Useful 1
  • Laugh 10
  • Surprise 1

15 minutes ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

Speaking of the opening credits.....

Last Friday, during the break mid-show, where they show all the cast in their party outfits and say "The Young & The Restless will return", they had the GT version of Phyllis still in them - not Michelle Stafford!  I forgot to check today and yesterday's show. 

I wish she would!

• Like 3
  • Laugh 1

47 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

I don't know what you mean.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

Didn't work for long on Port Charles though.

• Like 3
  • Laugh 4

11 minutes ago, bc1795 said:

I don't know what you mean.

Dark Shadows was a gothic soap opera in the 1960's. It was failing so they brought in the character of Barnabas Collins, a two hundred year old vampire who was chained up in the family mausoleum and was let out by Willie Loomis the groundskeeper/all around minion. After that the ratings started to climb dramatically and Jonathan Frid aka Barnabas Collins began to receive thousands of fan letters every week.

Edited by peacheslatour
  • Like 9
  • Useful 2

1 hour ago, peacheslatour said:

No need.

We already have Victor.....

• Like 4
  • Laugh 15

15 minutes ago, OhioSongbird said:

No need.

We already have Victor.....

Speaking of blood sucking creeps, where has Cane been lately?

• Like 2
  • Laugh 17

14 hours ago, deirdra said:

Are turtlenecks for men in suit jackets coming back in style?  ReyRey is no Dick Cavett.

He looks hilarious clean-shaven to me, reminiscent of Guy Smiley on the Muppets/Sesame Street. In the turtleneck? OMG!!!! DEAD!

Edited by lightninggirl
  • Like 6
  • Laugh 8

4 hours ago, Kitty Redstone said:

Molly seems to be the most current name for it, much like how cannabis has replaced the word marijuana in current lingo. I didn't even think anyone under 25 was even taking that stuff anymore since younger millennials and Gen Z kids are fairly risk-adverse and not into drugs like that (vaping and legal cannabis aside).

• Like 9
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 1

Most of this episode was so stupid but I have to give it up for the “song” Tessa sang to Summer! THAT moment was hilarious.

Also - IT WASNT EVEN 10pm yet?!! And people were saying it was time to go home????

Lolol Genoa City does NOT rock! Zoe , Theo and their crowd would have been back in NYC after two days of that in real life.

• Like 10
  • Laugh 8

53 minutes ago, lgprimes said:

Most of this episode was so stupid but I have to give it up for the “song” Tessa sang to Summer! THAT moment was hilarious.

Also - IT WASNT EVEN 10pm yet?!! And people were saying it was time to go home????

Lolol Genoa City does NOT rock! Zoe , Theo and their crowd would have been back in NYC after two days of that in real life.

Shit, when I was in my twenties we didn't even start thinking about going out until 10 at least. Cocaine may or may not have been involved.

• Like 6
  • Laugh 9