Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Aquarius

Getting To Genoa You : Y&R Daily Chat

My only fashion observation is how nice Mariah's dress looked next to Abby's dress.  I love finding a penny with a nice patina on it, and that's what the two dresses together reminded me of.  I'm never a fan of sappy soap wedding episodes.  I don't even want to sit through wedding ceremonies I'm invited to.  Can't we just skip to the reception hijinks?

• Like 9
  • Useful 4
  • Laugh 3

Lola’s dress was too big on top and rather blah. 

Mariah’s dress was too small and too short.

i actually liked Abby’s dress a lot. 

Victoria, you’re a billionaire, or at least a several hundred millionaire. Can’t you hire a wardrobe consultant? Or at least a personal shopper? That dress was all kinds of wrong for you.

tracey looked great but I’m not a fan of blue nail polish on grown women. It just always looks like a color a young girl would wear. 

Mama Celeste was orange. I don’t know if it was the lighting,  my TV or her but no natural tan is orange.

really surprised there was no ‘if anyone can show just cause why these two shouldn’t be wed’ line...that would’ve been the perfect opportunity for Theo to walk in with Zoe. But I’m glad at least Kyle and Lola got to ‘I do.’ It was a nice wedding and previews show the fireworks will start at the reception.

speaking of previews, WTF is that thing on Arturo’s face? I guess it’s supposed to be a beard. It looks horrible. 

• Like 13
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 2

5 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

I liked the minister asking their friends and family to take a vow too. Is that a thing now?

I went to a wedding in mid-July and they did that there!  The bride's father stood up and asked us to vow to protect them and keep them safe, show them love, etc.  and we had to say "I do" after each one.

The bride's dad is a bit of a hippie - the song he wanted to dance to with his daughter was "Forever Young" by Rod Stewart and it was awesome! - so I thought it was just something he interjected because he was so overcome with emotion.  It was such an organic thing and didn't seem part of the ceremony, I thought he was just moved to do this on his own!

I don't know - maybe it is a thing now!

5 hours ago, gingerella said:

I thought Abby's dress was pure confection, the nicest formal gown I've ever seen on this show, like, ever. I LOVE that dress!

That's all I got...

Agreed!  She looked beautiful!

Edited by lovemesomejoolery
  • Like 13

I thought that too until I saw it on Worn on TV. Apparently that's how the dress is supposed to fit--like it's too small. Go figure.

• Like 7
  • Useful 2
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

I went to a wedding in mid-July and they did that there!  The bride's father stood up and asked us to vow to protect them and keep them safe, show them love, etc.  and we had to say "I do" after each one.

The bride's dad is a bit of a hippie - the song he wanted to dance to with his daughter was "Forever Young" by Rod Stewart and it was awesome! - so I thought it was just something he interjected because he was so overcome with emotion.  It was such an organic thing and didn't seem part of the ceremony, I thought he was just moved to do this on his own!

I don't know - maybe it is a thing now!

It is definitely a thing, and I think has been for a few years now.

4 hours ago, Sake614 said:

I liked Mariah's dress, I thought it suited her personality, and it flattered her figure.

Dummer's dress was awful, but apparently she is not a bitch like her mother.  She could have worn a dress that showcased her assets.  She didn't, very mature of you Dummer.  Now Phyllis, who is old as the hills, is somehow pretending to be young.  Her stringy hair matched her stringy earrings.  And then we had her OTT physical gesticulating all around absolutely everyone.  🤮

• Like 15

8 hours ago, bannana said:

Her stringy hair matched her stringy earrings.  And then we had her OTT physical gesticulating all around absolutely everyone.  🤮

maybe she was doing some kind of a mating dance to attract someone / anyone.

image.png

Edited by valleycliffe
  • Like 1
  • Laugh 16

i tried to edit the picture above...it is supposed to be a gif and the ostrich dances but it is just a still picture and loses the meaning.

• Like 6
  • Laugh 5

The ostrich dance is what Phyllis does on regular work days. This is the mating dance she breaks out for special occasions:

giphy.gif

• Laugh 23

15 hours ago, bannana said:

It is definitely a thing, and I think has been for a few years now.

It's been around for quite a while - I first saw it on Grey's Anatomy for the 2013 wedding of April and Matthew, and I'm sure Shonda didn't just make it up herself.

• Like 4
  • Useful 2

5 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

The ostrich dance is what Phyllis does on regular work days. This is the mating dance she breaks out for special occasions:

They do look like tennis balls in socks!

• Like 1
  • Laugh 7

Catching up on this week’s shows and I gotta say- I want more Devon/Adam talks.  I know Devon could in large part be wasting his breath and Adam has nothing to offer Devon except ruthless business tactics, but it was nice to see Adam interact with someone outside his inner circle and maybe eventually something Devon says could stave off Adam crossing another line in his vendetta against Victor and Co.

Speaking of Victor...I’m TeamAdam in that feud. Yeah, Adam has pulled some rank crap and keeps doing it and much of his backstory retconned into a pretzel to accommodate his story motivations but his reaction to the Newmans is not wholly unwarranted. Victor especially is a master emotional and psychological abuser and manipulator and has in great part contributed to Adam’s pathology. He’s not completely to blame but if Victor has left him alone, Adam would probably be your run of the mill scummy businessman. 😂

God bless Jack for reaching out to Victor about Adam. As much as I love their relationship, Adam really doesn't deserve Jack’s loyalty for what he did to Ashley alone, but Adam did help Jack with that dead socialite problem during his drug addiction so that bond apparently continues to carry deep.

• Like 12
  • Laugh 1

On 8/16/2019 at 4:21 PM, peacheslatour said:

I liked the minister asking their friends and family to take a vow too. Is that a thing now?

I was at a wedding Friday night, and it wasn't mentioned during the ceremony (Roman Catholic). But at the reception, the parents of the bide and groom asked the assembled to be there as support and advisers for the newlyweds. 

It was a nice wedding, but when anyone says they believe in 4Evah on Soap, you know in six months everything comes crashing downing a smoldering heap.

There was Celeste and Adrian as the low pressure system that flew in from Miami to squelch the wedding good feelz -- Can you imagine the mother of the bride taking a powder during a wedding ceremony to go yelp at the husband who abandoned the family to get gone (That was clumsy staging by TIIC). "No, No I have to see Lola get married, because it's still all about me." Climb back under your ashtray, Asshat. 

There will be some hoopla at the reception when you add 10W30 and Drunk NYC Girl making an appearance. It would b e entertaining if Drunk NYC Girl is there to thank Kyle for saving her life, not blow up his wedding party, as Grease Ball Theo intends -- What's Theo's damage again? Kyle doesn't respect him? Try doing something selfless and honorable and see what happens, Scuzz.

Lola was a pretty bride (the dress needed some altering). I liked her up-do and hair comb.

Abby was a vision in light periwinkle blue. The asymmetrical netting and belt were perfectly styled

Mariah and Tessa's dresses were too clubby and dark.

MS manages to make everything she wears look sleazy. It's a curse … er, gift.

Wide elastic waistlines on Dumber make her look dumpy -- Oh, and by the way, you're the one that fucked up your relationship with Kyle years ago, so stop feeling sorry for yourself and do better next time he's single. 

Celeste needs to back off on the fake bake tan -- Yeesh! I didn't like the exposed clasp and hardware on the necklace, but the green dress was smokin' hot on her. I expected less autumnal colors -- Same with Victoria (Have 2 pieces of cake, Honey), Ashley, and Elena -- It's an August outdoor wedding in Wisconsin, and it's got to be hot and humid -- There's nothing  summery and appropriate in wardrobe for the ladies to wear?

The menfolk looked great; PB was gorgeous! He deserves a legitimate romantic storyline that doesn't involve schlepping water and advice for his family, or bailing Krazy NotBilly out of jail.

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Like 14
  • Useful 2

Wow that was some  schmaltzy writing Friday even by soap opera standards. We get it already, Kyle loves Lola more than anyone has ever loved anyone. That whole speech about not being worthy of Lola... gag me.

And the scenes with Lola  and her “three best friends” before the ceremony? the writing was so corny not sure how the actresses werent laughing.

BUT Jack is still so fine, and he and Ashley are back to behaving the way they have for decades, so I guess I can put up with this one schmaltzy wedding episode.

• Like 17
  • Laugh 3

2 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

Socialite? Ha ha ha! Priceless. *wipes eye*

Well she WAS very social, and apparently on a daily basis......and lite enough to be carried out......  

• Like 1
  • Laugh 15

3 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

Socialite? Ha ha ha! Priceless. *wipes eye*

I was trying to be respectful of the dead. 😂

Come to think of it, Kyle and Theo had a similar ‘bonding’ experience although their partier survived. Seems like these kind of problems run in the family with the Abbott men.

• Like 4
  • Laugh 6

Okay, maybe I spend way too much watching B&B (actually I *do* know that hahaha) but didn't he leave Summer like...two months ago? Doesn't it take longer for a divorce to go through, even in WI where annulments aren't passed out like beads at Mardi Gras?I

I'm extremely grateful to be spared six months of Summer being a Jeffrey Katzenberg Petty Asshole to hold up the wedding, but....it's a bit fast.

Also, why *did* Summer show up to the wedding? Like, I realize her self respect can be measured in microunits because she fucked Billy Abbott while sober, but come on.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Laugh 9

On 8/17/2019 at 1:26 PM, Cupid Stunt said:

It's an August outdoor wedding in Wisconsin, and it's got to be hot and humid -- There's nothing  summery and appropriate in wardrobe for the ladies to wear?

I was thinking the same thing about the flowers. I worked in hotel banquets for 12 years. Never once were the flowers set up the night before. The venue didn't seem to be secured in any way either. I live in a pretty safe place but absolutely all of that stuff would have been stolen if it was left overnight. 

• Like 10
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 4

3 hours ago, jpagan05 said:

I was thinking the same thing about the flowers. I worked in hotel banquets for 12 years. Never once were the flowers set up the night before. The venue didn't seem to be secured in any way either. I live in a pretty safe place but absolutely all of that stuff would have been stolen if it was left overnight. 

I just worked a wedding venue through one of those gig apps, and the florists brought out the flowers maybe a half-hour before the ceremony. We'd mostly set up the chairs outside by then.

Overnight, just....no.

• Like 12

9 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

Okay, maybe I spend way too much watching B&B (actually I *do* know that hahaha) but didn't he leave Summer like...two months ago? Doesn't it take longer for a divorce to go through, even in WI where annulments aren't passed out like beads at Mardi Gras?!

And celebrated with as much hoopla?

You do spend too much time watching B&B Jk. I gave up on B&B 9 months ago and don't miss the weeks of repeated dialog and no action, the unkempt Ridge Forrester impersonator, Perfect Single Tear® crawling down Brooke's cheek, DESTINY and the coin toss for passing a Waffle between step-cousin/sisters. Make it a threesome or pick one! Enough already!

I've been wondering when the divorce/annulment was signed off by the Crack Labs of Justice in Genoa City. I watch every episode with varying levels of interest, but I'm certain the divorce/annulment of Dumber and Kyle would have been mentioned more than once, if not celebrated by a few detractors of their sliver of liver faux-marriage.

I'm extremely grateful to be spared six months of Summer being a Jeffrey Katzenberg Petty Asshole to hold up the wedding, but....it's a bit fast.

Dumber was leaning in that direction, but she hooked up with a more immature hot mess than herself (10W30 and his greasy hipster forelock) and saw the error of her former self-absorbed ways as a spoiled, grasping, reactive brat. IT'S A SHORT-LIVED MIRACLE! Bask in the warm lime-light of Dumber Adulting (I hate that word).

Also, why *did* Summer show up to the wedding? Like, I realize her self respect can be measured in microunits because she fucked Billy Abbott while sober, but come on.

Dumber and Kyle had a meaningful conversation at the venue the night before the wedding … Regrets, I've had a few. We've always been friends, so let's keep it that way … Blah, Blah, Blah … Please come to the wedding … And Phyllis is Dumber's plus one.

• Like 12

2 hours ago, Cupid Stunt said:

And Phyllis is Dumber's plus one.

That's the other thing...if there was anyone that belonged at that wedding less than Summer, it was her Such at soap weddings, I guess. 😐

2 hours ago, Cupid Stunt said:

Dumber was leaning in that direction, but she hooked up with a more immature hot mess than herself (10W30 and his greasy hipster forelock) and saw the error of her former self-absorbed ways as a spoiled, grasping, reactive brat. IT'S A SHORT-LIVED MIRACLE! Bask in the warm lime-light of Dumber Adulting (I hate that word).

Dummer is a Newman. To have any self awareness at all when half your DNA came from Nick is a miracle beyond Jesus Christ Himself. 😂

As for everyone's favorite waffle, it does appear that  Liam resoundly choosing Hope once and for all is the only good thing to come out of that baby story that began wrapping up a couple weeks ago, so it's safe to come back now, lol

• Like 2
  • Laugh 13

2 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

That's the other thing...if there was anyone that belonged at that wedding less than Summer, it was her Such at soap weddings, I guess. 😐

Dummer is a Newman. To have any self awareness at all when half your DNA came from Nick is a miracle beyond Jesus Christ Himself. 😂

As for everyone's favorite waffle, it does appear that  Liam resoundly choosing Hope once and for all is the only good thing to come out of that baby story that began wrapping up a couple weeks ago, so it's safe to come back now, lol

Exactly, Anna, somebody always has to creep out of the woodwork for a soap wedding--adding to the bride's list as "something creepy.' And show had quite a few contenders there...

Oh, B&B, I slid back into it while trying to get myself to eat lunch. I'm sorta afraid to post there though--the frequent use of the word "slattern" tempts me. Still that show, I think, holds the record for some of the worst acting, even in soap terms--sliding British accents and Inuit Mask Cry Face...

• Laugh 10

They can keep pushing these he!fers all they want but the ratings will continue to be crap. Between them and Lowla 

Edited by avocadohead
  • Like 5
  • Laugh 6

Someone got mad at me for asking about “Taco Therapy” for the couple... sorry honey... I don’t care if FB account with no picture called me out on it. 

She’s got reported 👋🏻 & blocked 😂

• Like 2
  • Laugh 3

6 minutes ago, DeafAngelboy23 said:

Someone got mad at me for asking about “Taco Therapy” for the couple... sorry honey... I don’t care if FB account with no picture called me out on it. 

She’s got reported 👋🏻 & blocked 😂

Please elaborate.

• Like 1
  • Useful 4

It was a joke based on Lola’s favorite hobby but this lady took it so personally so tried to call me a racist. 

Two words with no real sentence? Fake account alert 🤨

No profile picture is the biggest red flag 🚩

• Like 2
  • Useful 4

4 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

That's the other thing...if there was anyone that belonged at that wedding less than Summer, it was her Such at soap weddings, I guess. 

No one wants to be caught dead with Phyllis and yet there she is, horning in on business deals, interfering during potty breaks, interrupting conversations she has no part of … TIIC have to shoehorn Phyllis in every SL -- Maybe something will stick.

C'mon! I said it was short-lived -- It's Plot Plot Plot direction by TIIC. You can't expect Dumber to evolve into a human being with ethics when her parent's get weekly crab comb-outs and are being treated for mange.

Yeah … 9 months off and I'm immune to Bell's repetitive idiocy. Waffle and Hope and baby 4Evah? Isn't that swell? I'll check in on the happy family in August 2020.

Obligatory Waffle gif:

giphy.gif

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Like 3
  • Laugh 9

1 hour ago, avocadohead said:

They can keep pushing these he!fers all they want but the rating will continue to be crap. Between them and Lowla 

I see they go to the same Freeze and Fill and Eyebrow spa.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 11

Phyllis needs a good shampoo and a blow out.  That plastered down greasy look is so bad.  Actually, Summer is also in need of a salon visit.

Ok, here goes and call me wrong, but you have three good looking siblings, a very hot mother, and the only guy you can come up with to play the daddy is this not so attractive guy?  Seriously, there aren’t any good looking, middle age Hispanic men in Hollywood?  

Was there some significance to Billy unwrapping gum and chomping it?

This new NY party girl is on contract, so she’s going to be around some.

• Like 9
  • Useful 3
  • Laugh 1
  • Surprise 1

2 minutes ago, KLovestoShop said:

Was there some significance to Billy unwrapping gum and chomping it?

pretty soon he will be wearing a dark long haired wig and black witches costume sitting in the window rocking and snapping his gum..

adam, don't take any showers.

• Like 4
  • Laugh 14

OMG!  Do you all really think they're trying to portray Billy as being possessed by Deliah's soul?  At least he might be more likeable!!

OMG!  That's all I can type, is OMG! 

That would be seriously funny........and the hugest cop-out of all time.  That's like the old "I woke up and it was all just a dream"......

• Like 3
  • Laugh 8

I thought the current thing was for the bride to change into a different dress for the reception? Guess Lola wanted everyone to bask in the blahness of her ill-fitting gown.

Yo, Arturo. There are over-the-counter topical medications you can use to clear up conditions like what you've got on the lower part of your face. It looks really itchy. 🤤

Adrian is just the right amount of smarmy to me. Don't want to see him in a triangle with Celeste and Jack though.

Were we supposed to feel sorry for Summer? Wait, let me check...yeah, nope, no sympathy over here. What did she think was going to happen, Kyle would stop the wedding and run into her arms?

Theo desperately needed a good butt kicking but Kyle didn't want to bust the seams of his wedding suit. 🙄 Good grief, how many times does Kyle have break up with Theo? Stage 5 clinger. Meanwhile, you'd think when Kyle paid off Zoe and her parents he would've made them all sign confidentiality and no direct contact agreements.

Ah, the old wedding bouquet toss as a hot potato game trope.

I need to get me one of those automated bubble blowing thingamajigs like they had at the reception. Looks like fun.

• Like 13
  • Laugh 6

Adrian was a huge disappointment as Lola’s dad. Not good looking and a crap actor. Celeste needs to stay away from the tanning machine for good. She looked toasted at the wedding and I don’t mean drunk/drugged up. Arturo? Yikes! What is that animal on your face?! Summer’s dress was the wrong style and wrong color for her. And she truly needs a new hair style in the worst way. My main complaint is Lola’s wedding dress. It didn’t fit her at all, wasn’t the least flattering and actually made her look pregnant. After all of the buildup for this wedding, this was the best they could do for her wedding gown? Really?

• Like 12
  • Sad 1

It’s not everyday you see your son get married Jack?  No Jack, its every other day.  

Ass hats of the day:  Nostrils, Theo, and Lola’s father.  Thankfully no Cane.  Nostrils is channeling his inner Banana Breath where he thinks the things he says people actually give a shit.  Lola’s father thinks he has the right to walk right back into Lola’s life after 20 years or so.  Theo thinks he is all that but he’s just the serpent in the Garden of Eden. 

Was Phyllis clapping because she was expecting a fish?  

I’m a little confused. Theo brings the 17 year old girl, who almost died, to the wedding. Has 4 years passed since that night because if it didn’t, she’s still an underage drinker.  

After a game of hot potato, the bouquet wound up in Mariah’s arms.  The best part of the day when Mariah has no qualms about accepting the tradition and then kissing Tessa. 🥰😘🔥

Bubbles instead of rice. A very novel idea. I like it.

• Like 15
  • Laugh 2

21 minutes ago, Waldo13 said:

Has 4 years passed since that night because if it didn’t, she’s still an underage drinker.  

I’ve been trying to figure that out. Apparently it happened right before Kyle returned to GC. Was that 4 years ago? It’s also possible that she was 17 but turning 18 that year, so if it’s only been 3 years, she’d be legal now.

Regardless I don’t know what she gets out of it by showing up at the wedding. And unless Theo was planning to take the stage and announce to all assembled what happened, what exactly was the point of him showing up with her? Just to show Kyle he has the physical evidence of what happened and can use it against him anytime?

i get that Kyle was angry but really he handled that whole thing wrong. All he had to do was be polite and he probably would have defused the situation rather than giving Theo more reason to blow up his and Lola’s new life.

• Like 11
  • Useful 5

Kyle and Lola's reception had a bit of everything, but even I didn't think it would start with a heapin' helpin' of Righteous ButtBiscuit.  That sourpuss he lugs around, highlighted by those withered apple doll cheek implants was working overtime today, sulking, pouting and spitting because Jack and Ashley are combining companies.  He sneered that there would just be another war between the two.  I guess that instead, they should wait for that ButtBiscuit touch of him either embezzling from the company or buying some cheap, tainted supplies.   I don't really know why Show thought we needed Adam to return when we've already had ButtBiscuit stinking up the place for the past few years. 

Papa Rosales......if Gloria was around, she'd recognize him for the opportunistic piker that he really is.  All that fake emotion about seeing his "baby girl" get married pales in comparison to the payoff he's anticipating now that his daughter is married to an Abbott.  With any luck, he'll take a dumpster detour with Phyllis and that'll be last anyone ever hears of him.

Is there a scene, anywhere, that Stafford won't try to steal?  Even during that sad but hilarious reception dance sequence, she did her level best to be the center of attention.  Her Phyllis is even more of a repellent loon than before.  And I see that lil' Dummah fowgot to take hew antihithtamineth today.  She was snuffling and sniffling those nasal passages like ButtBiscuit does when he's in heat.

The young woman at the center of the not-scandal from Kyle's past looks a lot like a young Avery Bailey Clark to me.  PLEAAASE, GOD, no more members of that family on Show, pleasepleaseplease.

Best part of today for me was Mariah catching the bouquet - finally - and holding on to it. 

Oh - I don't know what Michael meant when he bit back at ButtBiscuit and told him to hope he wasn't the "cheese", but if it makes Nostrildumbass ButtBiscuit even crazier, I'm down for it.

Are Kyle and Lola setting sail for their honeymoon on Jaboat? 

• Like 12
  • Laugh 6

Did I miss even one reference to Kyle’s dead mother during the wedding and reception? 

This show needs to stop pretending Keemo never existed as well and recast him w a hot as hell Asian stat. I also agree w @Waldo13 Mariah and Tessa’s romantic proposal and wedding are overdue. I never was the biggest fan of Tessa but can’t deny they look great and have chemistry. 

The wedding didn’t look cheap as fuck so that was a surprise. I’m tired of the propping of Lola and Kyle shit. I was surprised their first song wasn’t to that treacly depressing tune they’d play during the Summer Triangle era and her illness. 

I don’t really like Elena but Devon has grown so much as a confident calm adult acting a character. I kinda wish Hilary or her long lost sister or something would come back. The actor / Devon reminds me of Jack in a way he’s respectful and dignified but still has a light personality. Most of the guys in GC are total scumbags or bland so they stand out. The stories right now are super boring.

Phyllis is a narcissistic creep and textbook delusional. I couldn’t care less about her stupid hotel and vendettas. 

• Like 12
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 2

23 minutes ago, boes said:

I don't really know why Show thought we needed Adam to return when we've already had ButtBiscuit stinking up the place for the past few years. 

Big Mood.

I watched part of the wedding and saw Billy leaving cuz he told Victoria it was hard on him to be there cuz of Delia's wedding she'll never have. Was that a lie he told because he was bitter about Jack and Ashley working together again? If it was, it only shows how his immaturity is lower than that of a newborn kitten and they were right to cut him out. That whole "dead kid gives me a pass to be an asshole" schtick was tattered and faded already when you got it from Nick and Sharon and it stopped working for them after Faith was conceived.

3 minutes ago, Petunia13 said:

Devon has grown so much as a confident calm adult acting a character. 

IKR?! A decade ago, I considered him to be easily the second-most expendible member of the Winters-Ashby clan behind Canestipation at best and a prissy stick in the mud at worse (which is how that one nickname that has since been banned stuck to him for years).

But then, look at the family he had: he had to deal with Lily's self-centered bullshit, Kneel's ego and break into Thomas Forrester territory with the Hilary kidnapping and Cane's daywalking stints. And this is an improvement over the environment he was raised in before Drucilla adopted him!

But now that there's no family left for him to lean on (I don't think Cane really counts towards that), he can flourish without their stupidity dragging him down. 

• Like 15

9 hours ago, boes said:

The young woman at the center of the not-scandal from Kyle's past looks a lot like a young Avery Bailey Clark to me.  PLEAAASE, GOD, no more members of that family on Show, pleasepleaseplease.

Best part of today for me was Mariah catching the bouquet - finally - and holding on to it. 

Hasn't Jessica Collins hinted that she's on her way back?  I think she said something about Avery being her "favorite role".

And it was the best scene, seeing Mariah keep that bouquet!  However, the best part of the show for me was not seeing that butthead Theo dancing at the reception!  Anytime I don't have to see THAT again is a good day!

• Like 4
  • Laugh 10

I know when a guy asks me to attend a wedding, I always hope and pray it’s the guy who plied with me liquor when I was underage and then dropped me at the hospital like an unwanted box of kittens AND paid my obviously loving father off to sweep it under the rug. 

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 14

I wasn't watching back in the day, but if Keemo were to be recast, wouldn't he be in his 50s, since he was conceived in Vietnam?  Hot Sexy Asian would be a grandpa now!

• Like 7
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 3

1 hour ago, NinjaPenguins said:

I know when a guy asks me to attend a wedding, I always hope and pray it’s the guy who plied with me liquor when I was underage and then dropped me at the hospital like an unwanted box of kittens AND paid my obviously loving father off to sweep it under the rug. 

And they say "Love in the Afternoon is dead"........

• Like 1
  • Laugh 16

That hadn't even occurred to me. Then she'd be Summer's cousin. But she's kind of on the young side and there aren't any people in her age category around. Who would they match her with?

• Like 6
  • Useful 1

21 hours ago, Cupid Stunt said:

They look pretty to me. Anyway whomever said Keemo upthread I've been wanking on about that for a dark age. Goddamnit bring Keemo and his family back, fuck sakes! Find the original actor, use the money from the actors who play Theo and Lola's Dad because they are both dead fucking weight IMO. Please God, get rid of those two uncharismatic idiots and bring Keemo back! Also whomever noted Diane wasn't mentioned on Kyle's wedding day, a great big WORD sandwich to you! What was up with that? I'm glad Phyllis is back and on the right side (I know I'm alone there and I'm fine with that) but I can't stand summer. The actress is fine enough I guess and I adore her sister Joey but for some reason her face just bugs me. A personal thing but she just oozes entitlement to me and I can't stand her. I wish they would recast. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 5

52 minutes ago, slayer2 said:

They look pretty to me. 

It's the Hollywood Actress Monoculture style, but I live in Los Angeles and exposed to it all day, every day.

Anyway whomever said Keemo upthread I've been wanking on about that for a dark age. Goddamnit bring Keemo and his family back, fuck sakes! Find the original actor, use the money from the actors who play Theo and Lola's Dad because they are both dead fucking weight IMO. Please God, get rid of those two uncharismatic idiots and bring Keemo back! Also whomever noted Diane wasn't mentioned on Kyle's wedding day, a great big WORD sandwich to you! What was up with that? I'm glad Phyllis is back and on the right side (I know I'm alone there and I'm fine with that) but I can't stand summer. The actress is fine enough I guess and I adore her sister Joey but for some reason her face just bugs me. A personal thing but she just oozes entitlement to me and I can't stand her. I wish they would recast. 

Cosign on Keemo. I've been banging my little tin drum for his return for years. He should have been returned to Y&R if only to broaden the dynamic of Show and give Jack's history some weight and a more diverse family.

I hated Jack's patronizing relationship with Any Version of Adam, because he never took Adam to task for his vicious behavior to Ashley (causing her miscarriage and burning the fetus in the Ranch fireplace), then kidnapping Faith from Sharon to give to Ashley as a replacement baby -- As one example of Any Version of Adam's many crimes and misdeeds swept under the rug or ignored by Jack. 

Diane was thrown on one of the many ash heaps of Show history to make the various producer regime's Plot Plot Plot work out for today, not connect to the past. TIIC only care about the past if it moves Show forward. TIIC of this particular regime don't even care about that. 

MSPhyllis acting ticks have bugged for a long time (about 3 years before she left Show), and she's back to doing the same old schtick with a vengeance -- To each his own.

Dumber is a selfish, stupid, annoying creature. TIIC are fixing her worse traits for short-term goals, but to what end? TIIC like the actor because she plays a whining, spoiled slattern so very well, is blonde, filling out a bikini for the Sexxxy Times TV gaze. Don't care; the character has been revolting since conception.

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Like 14

Is it just me?  Are any of you about tired of Lola and Kyle's smooching all the time?

I think they're cute and everything (which is a change from how I used to feel), but enough already!  We get it!  They love each other!

Hopefully, they'll get a decent storyline soon

And another thing.....if you want to talk in private, how about you go home, Michael Baldwin, instead of to a coffee shop?

• Like 16
  • Useful 1