Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Aquarius

Getting To Genoa You : Y&R Daily Chat

My only fashion observation is how nice Mariah's dress looked next to Abby's dress.  I love finding a penny with a nice patina on it, and that's what the two dresses together reminded me of.  I'm never a fan of sappy soap wedding episodes.  I don't even want to sit through wedding ceremonies I'm invited to.  Can't we just skip to the reception hijinks?

• Like 8
  • Useful 4
  • Laugh 3

Lola’s dress was too big on top and rather blah. 

Mariah’s dress was too small and too short.

i actually liked Abby’s dress a lot. 

Victoria, you’re a billionaire, or at least a several hundred millionaire. Can’t you hire a wardrobe consultant? Or at least a personal shopper? That dress was all kinds of wrong for you.

tracey looked great but I’m not a fan of blue nail polish on grown women. It just always looks like a color a young girl would wear. 

Mama Celeste was orange. I don’t know if it was the lighting,  my TV or her but no natural tan is orange.

really surprised there was no ‘if anyone can show just cause why these two shouldn’t be wed’ line...that would’ve been the perfect opportunity for Theo to walk in with Zoe. But I’m glad at least Kyle and Lola got to ‘I do.’ It was a nice wedding and previews show the fireworks will start at the reception.

speaking of previews, WTF is that thing on Arturo’s face? I guess it’s supposed to be a beard. It looks horrible. 

• Like 11
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 1

5 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

I liked the minister asking their friends and family to take a vow too. Is that a thing now?

I went to a wedding in mid-July and they did that there!  The bride's father stood up and asked us to vow to protect them and keep them safe, show them love, etc.  and we had to say "I do" after each one.

The bride's dad is a bit of a hippie - the song he wanted to dance to with his daughter was "Forever Young" by Rod Stewart and it was awesome! - so I thought it was just something he interjected because he was so overcome with emotion.  It was such an organic thing and didn't seem part of the ceremony, I thought he was just moved to do this on his own!

I don't know - maybe it is a thing now!

5 hours ago, gingerella said:

I thought Abby's dress was pure confection, the nicest formal gown I've ever seen on this show, like, ever. I LOVE that dress!

That's all I got...

Agreed!  She looked beautiful!

Edited by lovemesomejoolery
  • Like 12

I thought that too until I saw it on Worn on TV. Apparently that's how the dress is supposed to fit--like it's too small. Go figure.

• Like 7
  • Useful 2
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

I went to a wedding in mid-July and they did that there!  The bride's father stood up and asked us to vow to protect them and keep them safe, show them love, etc.  and we had to say "I do" after each one.

The bride's dad is a bit of a hippie - the song he wanted to dance to with his daughter was "Forever Young" by Rod Stewart and it was awesome! - so I thought it was just something he interjected because he was so overcome with emotion.  It was such an organic thing and didn't seem part of the ceremony, I thought he was just moved to do this on his own!

I don't know - maybe it is a thing now!

It is definitely a thing, and I think has been for a few years now.

4 hours ago, Sake614 said:

I liked Mariah's dress, I thought it suited her personality, and it flattered her figure.

Dummer's dress was awful, but apparently she is not a bitch like her mother.  She could have worn a dress that showcased her assets.  She didn't, very mature of you Dummer.  Now Phyllis, who is old as the hills, is somehow pretending to be young.  Her stringy hair matched her stringy earrings.  And then we had her OTT physical gesticulating all around absolutely everyone.  🤮

• Like 14

8 hours ago, bannana said:

Her stringy hair matched her stringy earrings.  And then we had her OTT physical gesticulating all around absolutely everyone.  🤮

maybe she was doing some kind of a mating dance to attract someone / anyone.

image.png

Edited by valleycliffe
  • Like 1
  • Laugh 15

15 hours ago, bannana said:

It is definitely a thing, and I think has been for a few years now.

It's been around for quite a while - I first saw it on Grey's Anatomy for the 2013 wedding of April and Matthew, and I'm sure Shonda didn't just make it up herself.

• Like 4
  • Useful 2

5 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

The ostrich dance is what Phyllis does on regular work days. This is the mating dance she breaks out for special occasions:

They do look like tennis balls in socks!

• Like 1
  • Laugh 6

Catching up on this week’s shows and I gotta say- I want more Devon/Adam talks.  I know Devon could in large part be wasting his breath and Adam has nothing to offer Devon except ruthless business tactics, but it was nice to see Adam interact with someone outside his inner circle and maybe eventually something Devon says could stave off Adam crossing another line in his vendetta against Victor and Co.

Speaking of Victor...I’m TeamAdam in that feud. Yeah, Adam has pulled some rank crap and keeps doing it and much of his backstory retconned into a pretzel to accommodate his story motivations but his reaction to the Newmans is not wholly unwarranted. Victor especially is a master emotional and psychological abuser and manipulator and has in great part contributed to Adam’s pathology. He’s not completely to blame but if Victor has left him alone, Adam would probably be your run of the mill scummy businessman. 😂

God bless Jack for reaching out to Victor about Adam. As much as I love their relationship, Adam really doesn't deserve Jack’s loyalty for what he did to Ashley alone, but Adam did help Jack with that dead socialite problem during his drug addiction so that bond apparently continues to carry deep.

• Like 9
  • Laugh 1

On 8/16/2019 at 4:21 PM, peacheslatour said:

I liked the minister asking their friends and family to take a vow too. Is that a thing now?

I was at a wedding Friday night, and it wasn't mentioned during the ceremony (Roman Catholic). But at the reception, the parents of the bide and groom asked the assembled to be there as support and advisers for the newlyweds. 

It was a nice wedding, but when anyone says they believe in 4Evah on Soap, you know in six months everything comes crashing downing a smoldering heap.

There was Celeste and Adrian as the low pressure system that flew in from Miami to squelch the wedding good feelz -- Can you imagine the mother of the bride taking a powder during a wedding ceremony to go yelp at the husband who abandoned the family to get gone (That was clumsy staging by TIIC). "No, No I have to see Lola get married, because it's still all about me." Climb back under your ashtray, Asshat. 

There will be some hoopla at the reception when you add 10W30 and Drunk NYC Girl making an appearance. It would b e entertaining if Drunk NYC Girl is there to thank Kyle for saving her life, not blow up his wedding party, as Grease Ball Theo intends -- What's Theo's damage again? Kyle doesn't respect him? Try doing something selfless and honorable and see what happens, Scuzz.

Lola was a pretty bride (the dress needed some altering). I liked her up-do and hair comb.

Abby was a vision in light periwinkle blue. The asymmetrical netting and belt were perfectly styled

Mariah and Tessa's dresses were too clubby and dark.

MS manages to make everything she wears look sleazy. It's a curse … er, gift.

Wide elastic waistlines on Dumber make her look dumpy -- Oh, and by the way, you're the one that fucked up your relationship with Kyle years ago, so stop feeling sorry for yourself and do better next time he's single. 

Celeste needs to back off on the fake bake tan -- Yeesh! I didn't like the exposed clasp and hardware on the necklace, but the green dress was smokin' hot on her. I expected less autumnal colors -- Same with Victoria (Have 2 pieces of cake, Honey), Ashley, and Elena -- It's an August outdoor wedding in Wisconsin, and it's got to be hot and humid -- There's nothing  summery and appropriate in wardrobe for the ladies to wear?

The menfolk looked great; PB was gorgeous! He deserves a legitimate romantic storyline that doesn't involve schlepping water and advice for his family, or bailing Krazy NotBilly out of jail.

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Like 12
  • Useful 1

Wow that was some  schmaltzy writing Friday even by soap opera standards. We get it already, Kyle loves Lola more than anyone has ever loved anyone. That whole speech about not being worthy of Lola... gag me.

And the scenes with Lola  and her “three best friends” before the ceremony? the writing was so corny not sure how the actresses werent laughing.

BUT Jack is still so fine, and he and Ashley are back to behaving the way they have for decades, so I guess I can put up with this one schmaltzy wedding episode.

• Like 13
  • Laugh 2

2 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

Socialite? Ha ha ha! Priceless. *wipes eye*

Well she WAS very social, and apparently on a daily basis......and lite enough to be carried out......  

• Like 1
  • Laugh 11

3 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

Socialite? Ha ha ha! Priceless. *wipes eye*

I was trying to be respectful of the dead. 😂

Come to think of it, Kyle and Theo had a similar ‘bonding’ experience although their partier survived. Seems like these kind of problems run in the family with the Abbott men.

• Like 3
  • Laugh 4

Okay, maybe I spend way too much watching B&B (actually I *do* know that hahaha) but didn't he leave Summer like...two months ago? Doesn't it take longer for a divorce to go through, even in WI where annulments aren't passed out like beads at Mardi Gras?I

I'm extremely grateful to be spared six months of Summer being a Jeffrey Katzenberg Petty Asshole to hold up the wedding, but....it's a bit fast.

Also, why *did* Summer show up to the wedding? Like, I realize her self respect can be measured in microunits because she fucked Billy Abbott while sober, but come on.

• Useful 2
  • Laugh 4

On 8/17/2019 at 1:26 PM, Cupid Stunt said:

It's an August outdoor wedding in Wisconsin, and it's got to be hot and humid -- There's nothing  summery and appropriate in wardrobe for the ladies to wear?

I was thinking the same thing about the flowers. I worked in hotel banquets for 12 years. Never once were the flowers set up the night before. The venue didn't seem to be secured in any way either. I live in a pretty safe place but absolutely all of that stuff would have been stolen if it was left overnight. 

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 2

3 hours ago, jpagan05 said:

I was thinking the same thing about the flowers. I worked in hotel banquets for 12 years. Never once were the flowers set up the night before. The venue didn't seem to be secured in any way either. I live in a pretty safe place but absolutely all of that stuff would have been stolen if it was left overnight. 

I just worked a wedding venue through one of those gig apps, and the florists brought out the flowers maybe a half-hour before the ceremony. We'd mostly set up the chairs outside by then.

Overnight, just....no.

• Like 7

9 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

Okay, maybe I spend way too much watching B&B (actually I *do* know that hahaha) but didn't he leave Summer like...two months ago? Doesn't it take longer for a divorce to go through, even in WI where annulments aren't passed out like beads at Mardi Gras?!

And celebrated with as much hoopla?

You do spend too much time watching B&B Jk. I gave up on B&B 9 months ago and don't miss the weeks of repeated dialog and no action, the unkempt Ridge Forrester impersonator, Perfect Single Tear® crawling down Brooke's cheek, DESTINY and the coin toss for passing a Waffle between step-cousin/sisters. Make it a threesome or pick one! Enough already!

I've been wondering when the divorce/annulment was signed off by the Crack Labs of Justice in Genoa City. I watch every episode with varying levels of interest, but I'm certain the divorce/annulment of Dumber and Kyle would have been mentioned more than once, if not celebrated by a few detractors of their sliver of liver faux-marriage.

I'm extremely grateful to be spared six months of Summer being a Jeffrey Katzenberg Petty Asshole to hold up the wedding, but....it's a bit fast.

Dumber was leaning in that direction, but she hooked up with a more immature hot mess than herself (10W30 and his greasy hipster forelock) and saw the error of her former self-absorbed ways as a spoiled, grasping, reactive brat. IT'S A SHORT-LIVED MIRACLE! Bask in the warm lime-light of Dumber Adulting (I hate that word).

Also, why *did* Summer show up to the wedding? Like, I realize her self respect can be measured in microunits because she fucked Billy Abbott while sober, but come on.

Dumber and Kyle had a meaningful conversation at the venue the night before the wedding … Regrets, I've had a few. We've always been friends, so let's keep it that way … Blah, Blah, Blah … Please come to the wedding … And Phyllis is Dumber's plus one.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Cupid Stunt said:

And Phyllis is Dumber's plus one.

That's the other thing...if there was anyone that belonged at that wedding less than Summer, it was her Such at soap weddings, I guess. 😐

2 hours ago, Cupid Stunt said:

Dumber was leaning in that direction, but she hooked up with a more immature hot mess than herself (10W30 and his greasy hipster forelock) and saw the error of her former self-absorbed ways as a spoiled, grasping, reactive brat. IT'S A SHORT-LIVED MIRACLE! Bask in the warm lime-light of Dumber Adulting (I hate that word).

Dummer is a Newman. To have any self awareness at all when half your DNA came from Nick is a miracle beyond Jesus Christ Himself. 😂

As for everyone's favorite waffle, it does appear that  Liam resoundly choosing Hope once and for all is the only good thing to come out of that baby story that began wrapping up a couple weeks ago, so it's safe to come back now, lol

• Like 1
  • Laugh 5

2 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

That's the other thing...if there was anyone that belonged at that wedding less than Summer, it was her Such at soap weddings, I guess. 😐

Dummer is a Newman. To have any self awareness at all when half your DNA came from Nick is a miracle beyond Jesus Christ Himself. 😂

As for everyone's favorite waffle, it does appear that  Liam resoundly choosing Hope once and for all is the only good thing to come out of that baby story that began wrapping up a couple weeks ago, so it's safe to come back now, lol

Exactly, Anna, somebody always has to creep out of the woodwork for a soap wedding--adding to the bride's list as "something creepy.' And show had quite a few contenders there...

Oh, B&B, I slid back into it while trying to get myself to eat lunch. I'm sorta afraid to post there though--the frequent use of the word "slattern" tempts me. Still that show, I think, holds the record for some of the worst acting, even in soap terms--sliding British accents and Inuit Mask Cry Face...

• Laugh 5

Someone got mad at me for asking about “Taco Therapy” for the couple... sorry honey... I don’t care if FB account with no picture called me out on it. 

She’s got reported 👋🏻 & blocked 😂

• Laugh 1

6 minutes ago, DeafAngelboy23 said:

Someone got mad at me for asking about “Taco Therapy” for the couple... sorry honey... I don’t care if FB account with no picture called me out on it. 

Please elaborate.

• Useful 2

It was a joke based on Lola’s favorite hobby but this lady took it so personally so tried to call me a racist. 

Two words with no real sentence? Fake account alert 🤨

No profile picture is the biggest red flag 🚩

• Useful 2

...Turned out she may be related to a corrupt GOP politician in Indiana known as former Secretary of State Charlie P. White... no wonder she put it on her work list. 

No wonder she had to hide her face in shame. 

• Useful 1

4 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

That's the other thing...if there was anyone that belonged at that wedding less than Summer, it was her Such at soap weddings, I guess. 

No one wants to be caught dead with Phyllis and yet there she is, horning in on business deals, interfering during potty breaks, interrupting conversations she has no part of … TIIC have to shoehorn Phyllis in every SL -- Maybe something will stick.

C'mon! I said it was short-lived -- It's Plot Plot Plot direction by TIIC. You can't expect Dumber to evolve into a human being with ethics when her parent's get weekly crab comb-outs and are being treated for mange.

Yeah … 9 months off and I'm immune to Bell's repetitive idiocy. Waffle and Hope and baby 4Evah? Isn't that swell? I'll check in on the happy family in August 2020.

Obligatory Waffle gif:

giphy.gif

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, avocadohead said:

They can keep pushing these he!fers all they want but the rating will continue to be crap. Between them and Lowla 

I see they go to the same Freeze and Fill and Eyebrow spa.

• Laugh 4

1 hour ago, DeafAngelboy23 said:

It was a joke based on Lola’s favorite hobby but this lady took it so personally so tried to call me a racist. 

Two words with no real sentence? Fake account alert 🤨

No profile picture is the biggest red flag 🚩

Walk it off, DeafAngel. The lady is spoiling for a fight where there is none.

I thought Taco Tuesday was hit the liquor store for cold beer and hang out at your favorite Mexican food truck and eat your feelz. I had no idea that was racist behavior.

After Blue Monday, what will I do with my Tuesdays? Wednesday is Hump Day, Thursday is Thirsty Thursday for some people, but I call it Choir Practice. And TGIFriday! 

...Turned out she may be related to a corrupt GOP politician in Indiana known as former Secretary of State Charlie P. White... no wonder she put it on her work list. 

No wonder she had to hide her face in shame. 

You don't get to chose your corrupt relatives, but you sure as Hell don't have to brag about them.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Cupid Stunt said:

Taco Tuesday

wasn't there a teevee commercial about "taco tuesday"?

from old el paso brand or something?

• Useful 1