Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Aquarius

Getting To Genoa You : Y&R Daily Chat

Totally at the GT table, too.........save me a glass of whatever.

Jack/Phyllis got me hooked, too.  I tuned in just as the Marco story started.  They were wonderful together.   Then came that whole Philly bs.....uh.

Am dreading (but for some reason curiously interested) in how MS will play out having never seen her the first go round.

I hate NuAdam.

...that is all....

• Like 8
  • Laugh 2

Only Kevin can lock Phyllis in a room that has windows where she’s able to snake her way out.  

Mariah is not only beautiful but very intuitive.  Money can be a curse. Just ask some lottery winners.  I’m torn between two points of view where Devon was just doing a random act of kindness and Elena thinks she’s a high priced call girl.  That’s the underlining problem. Devon, unwittingly, had terrible timing.

I has a random thought. What if GT was MS all along and GT was wearing a mask like in Mission Impossible.  Phyllis is in LV and we saw her driving there but how did she sneak back to the GCAC to get her handbag and keys?  

It looks like Banana Breath was actually talking to Chelsea and he warned her that  Adam would come after Connor.  No way would Adam try to take Connor away from Chelsea?  Adam loves Chelsea. I’m sure that Chelsea loves Adam a heck of a lot more than she ever loved Banana Breath. Wasn’t it Banana Breath’s medaling that forced Chelsea to leave GC? 

Edited by Waldo13
  • Like 8
  • Laugh 1

What is going on with Michael's hair? Is that a toupe or is a sickly muskrat nesting on his head?

EMT. Hmmm, for some reason I thought Elena was interviewing for an administrative position at the hospital.

This mustache Adam seems to be trying to grow is not working for me. I think it makes him look like a pimp. All he needs to complete the look is a big fedora, a floor-length fur coat, some flashy jewelry, alligator shoes, and a cane.

Michael said Phyllis and Adam were like two human porcupines and that's why it was dumb to consider them even possible as a couple. But even porcupines manage to mate. 🤔

I don't get it. Adam was a perfectly fine father to Connor. Why is he now unqualified to parent a child?

Okay, Miss Elena, you still need to move out of Devon's place though or you really will be looking like a golddigger. Sez me.

There. She. Is. 😩

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Like 13
  • Laugh 3

I don't know if it's the complete 180 his character has taken since he got his memory back, or the fact that they are putting him in real clothing, but I'm not finding this new Adam good looking anymore.  He doesn't look good without his abs showing, in my opinion! 

@Joimiaroxeu I think some of it IS that wannabe mustache he's trying to do.  He just looks so unkempt now.

The bloom is definitely off my rose!!

• Like 7
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 3

4 hours ago, rcc said:

I miss GT. I disliked the constant sex scenes with Billy but watching her as Red with Jack was why I got into the show in the first place. Best couple on the show IMO. 

She really was good until she got into all the Twitter Philly shilling nonsense. No character, couple or actor should be able to dictate an entire ensemble series. Not Victor, not any of the 9000 versions of Adam, not Daniel Goddard rabid fan club and certainly not Gina Tognoni. But, she was a good replacement for Michelle Stafford.

• Like 23
  • Laugh 1

There was a lot I enjoyed today, but before that ..... DAMN, Josh Morrow is just an awful AKTOR.  First there's the way he walks, strutting that stuff cuz his junk is just too heavy for one man to lift, dontchaknowbaby, and there's that need-a-diaper-change face he puts on when he wants to communicate that Nick is MAD, oh man is he MAD!  And did you get a look at the faces he makes when he's downing his manly man's scotch??  I assume Show edits out all the ball scratching because there is just NO way he doesn't do that to increase dramatic effect.  And, of course, because he's itchy down there....

I see that without Sharon around, he's making everything Victoria's fault.  She should Rocky Mountain Oyster each of her brothers.

Damn, Adam really has a bug up his buttbiscuit, doesn't he?  His villainy has gotten both comical and ridiculous.  He antagonizes for no reason, he thinks very highly of himself for no discernible reason, he feels put upon and disrespected by everyone - in fact, he's become Phyllis.

They really should have him greeting his family with 

giphy.gif

I got a big kick out of Michael today.  Like Lauren, to a lesser degree maybe, it's been good seeing more of him.  While I'm not a Kevin fan, I do like the brotherly bond these two have.

Congrats to whoever in the writer's room crafted that scene between Mariah and Devon, it was perfect.  Anytime we get one of those friend scenes between the two of them is time well spent imo.  I felt the same about Nate and Elena's scenes.  Newbies though they are, I liked their interaction too.  I hope Show continues to invest in these friend connections, every one of them works for me.

I know that so far, Devon and Elena's storyline is on the quiet side, but that's fine with me, I like it, like them both.  

And it sure is a relief from scenes of Adam, the Junior Moustache.

giphy.gif

Any chance he might swallow his own tongue?

Edited by boes · Reason: Speeling
  • Like 16
  • Laugh 8

59 minutes ago, Anna Yolei said:

She really was good until she got into all the Twitter Philly shilling nonsense. No character, couple or actor should be able to dictate an entire ensemble series. Not Victor, not any of the 9000 versions of Adam, not Daniel Goddard rabid fan club and certainly not Gina Tognoni. But, she was a good replacement for Michelle Stafford.

She was good in Guiding Light. I don't know what possessed her on Twitter. If she was kissing up to Mal, she should know as a soap veteran that showrunners change all the time.

• Like 19

6 hours ago, godfreydaniels said:

I’m probably the only one who is going to miss Gina T. As an actress. I’ve followed her forever. Too bad she didn’t get to transfer to GH!

You’re not alone. I’ve watched her on GL, OLTL and Y&R. I think she’s awesome. I’m so disgusted with the way they tossed her out to get the Staff Infection back. 

• Like 17

9 hours ago, DeafAngelboy23 said:

Hello old friend... Phyllis! 

08A97088-24AB-45E8-98F9-85944888863B.jpeg

All Hail Thetan!

• Like 2
  • Laugh 18

4 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

What is going on with Michael's hair? Is that a toupe or is a sickly muskrat nesting on his head?

EMT. Hmmm, for some reason I thought Elena was interviewing for an administrative position at the hospital.

This mustache Adam seems to be trying to grow is not working for me. I think it makes him look like a pimp. All he needs to complete the look is a big fedora, a floor-length fur coat, some flashy jewelry, alligator shoes, and a cane.

Michael said Phyllis and Adam were like two human porcupines and that's why it was dumb to consider them even possible as a couple. But even porcupines manage to mate. 🤔

I don't get it. Adam was a perfectly fine father to Connor. Why is he now unqualified to parent a child?

Okay, Miss Elena, you still need to move out of Devon's place though or you really will be looking like a golddigger. Sez me.

There. She. Is. 😩

OMG! CLB not hair. WTF was that? I thought he used to color it because it would look purple under the lights. Today was a whole different story. A piece on top of his hair? Was it left over from one of TB wigs? I’ll be looking real close tomorrow and the rest of the week. Maybe, it was a one day epic fail. 

• Like 7
  • Laugh 10

One of my favorite parts of today was when Adam told Victoria that two of the only reasons he likes Dark Horse is because he has a really great office & the coffee maker is top of the line ! 😂

Edited by SiouxB
  • Like 7
  • Laugh 9

9 hours ago, boes said:

he feels put upon and disrespected by everyone - in fact, he's become Phyllis.

Maybe he'll calm down now that Phyllis is back.

• Like 4
  • Laugh 6

Nick did feel especially out of his league in those scenes with his siblings. It's like the older he gets the more he does the frat boy posture? I mean, he's solid Y&R family and so I would never want rid of him but man he shouldn't be front and center too much.

• Like 16

I have to admit I really enjoyed this episode.  The Nate/Elena and Devon/Mariah conversations were both spot on.  Nate and Mariah gave good advice, and it was nice to see friendships growing. 

More Michael and Kevin, please!  I love how these two play off each other.  They really look like they could be brothers IRL too.  Now bring Gloria back too!

I could listen to AA snark to Victoria and Nick all day.  It's pathetic how easily Miss CEO got played, she deserves every bit of wrath from him and Nick.

• Like 18

Yeah...I was bummed/surprised she got played that easily.

But she was working that wrap dress!

• Like 7
  • Laugh 1

8 minutes ago, OhioSongbird said:

Yeah...I was bummed/surprised she got played that easily.

Ya know, I've pretty much given up on Victoria. We know she's got the smarts, the drive and the aptitude for business and yet she makes the worst decisions every time. All the men in her life have played her and she goes back for more over and over and over ...

Victor is never going to choose her. It's that simple.

• Like 13
  • Sad 3

34 minutes ago, paisley said:

Why so much Tessa?????

I don't mind Tessa. She's more fun to watch than Nanners, Biscuit or Victoria.

• Like 11
  • Laugh 1

37 minutes ago, paisley said:

Why so much Tessa?????

UGGGGGH I know! I keep wondering who she's related to in MalLand. Reminds me of Gina, who was related to a writer (or something) and seemed to break out into song whenever anyone bought a ravioli at her dang restaurant.

Edited by lightninggirl
  • Like 1
  • Laugh 9

56 minutes ago, lightninggirl said:

UGGGGGH I know! I keep wondering who she's related to in MalLand. Reminds me of Gina, who was related to a writer (or something) and seemed to break out into song whenever anyone bought a ravioli at her dang restaurant.

So when I read this, the first thing I thought of was Gina Tognoni belting out some song, probably "He done me Wrong", while slapping together a meal of Spaghetti-O's and Ritz crackers doing a sexay dance, and it took me more than a second to realize you probably -hopefully? - meant that Gina person back in the bad old MAB days.  Either that, or I managed to miss an EVEN WORSE Gina T. scene than the usual crap.  

• Like 8
  • Laugh 9

So Tessa is singing and bangin' away on her guitar and suddenly in comes drums and other assorted instruments. Where are they? Where are the back up singers hiding? 

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 14

2 hours ago, boes said:

So when I read this, the first thing I thought of was Gina Tognoni belting out some song, probably "He done me Wrong", while slapping together a meal of Spaghetti-O's and Ritz crackers doing a sexay dance, and it took me more than a second to realize you probably -hopefully? - meant that Gina person back in the bad old MAB days.  Either that, or I managed to miss an EVEN WORSE Gina T. scene than the usual crap.  

Yes - I was referencing Gina Roma, Danny Romalotti's sister. She was played by Patty Weaver and Patty was married Y&R writer Jerry Birn, which was why she was always around. Even worse was Jerry's awful daughter Laura Bryan Birn who played dopey "Yes, Boss!" Lynne Bassett, Paul's secretary. Triple ugggghhhhh!

Edited by lightninggirl
  • Like 5
  • Useful 4

That was just sad and pathetic.

"Ooooh, see what I did there?  *giggle*  Me, me , ME!"

KMN

• Like 7
  • Laugh 8
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, paisley said:

Why so much Tessa?????

I agree.  With all due respect, her style of music isn’t popular now——more like something during the anti-Vietnam War era, with the folk singers like Peter, Paul and Mary.  

• Like 2
  • Laugh 1

3 minutes ago, KLovestoShop said:

I agree.  With all due respect, her style of music isn’t popular now——more like something during the anti-Vietnam War era, with the folk singers like Peter, Paul and Mary.  

I beg to differ. Remember the female singer/songwriter craze of the ninties? Alanis, Sarah, Jewel, Natalie Merchant,  Dido, Cheryl Crow and Fiona Apple.

• Like 15

3 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

I beg to differ. Remember the female singer/songwriter craze of the ninties? Alanis, Sarah, Jewel, Natalie Merchant,  Dido, Cheryl Crow and Fiona Apple.

Yep, that era, too.  But some of them, like Alanis, were really edgy.  Tessa’s sound is just so mournful. 

• Like 3

peaches is right.  Our local NPR station has some daily folk/acoustic/Celtic-Irish programs.  It's still big.  Singer/songwriters never go out of style.  We have music festivals/venues all over our area.

The thing that bothers me about Tessa's playing is she's got the chords down but the strumming doesn't match the rhythm.  All she's doing is up/down/up/down.

Sorry....those kinds of things annoy me.

• Like 9

Okay, okay, I know this is nit picky stuff...

but bringing a little kid to a park to hit a t-ball is NOT the same as a first t-ball game!

they got me all amped up for a SORASED Christian, and then....that

ALSO, a big NO to memory care woman. That was some bad PSA style line reading. And somehow she managed to drag PB down to her level.

Edited by lgprimes
  • Like 10
  • Useful 1
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 2

And Banana Breath doesn’t think about himself?  Yeah right!  

Tessa looked fantastic. Especially really like her hat which went well with her denim jacket.  The last couple of times, Tessa’s singing has been prerecorded. I guess it’s to control the acoustics of the scene, though Tessa is properly playing the guitar.  The way Mariah was looking at  Tessa while she was singing, on the fire escape, you would actually think Mariah was in love with Tessa.  

Banana Breath made it sound like he was playing T-ball on a team but it turned out to be just Christian playing in the park.  

Adam wants a more hawkish attorney and he thinks it’s Michael?  Michael is not even competent enough to beet Christine.  

Hey Sharon, wasn’t it you and Det Deadwood ready to fight for custody of Sully/Christian?  So why are you so surprised that Adam want custody of Christian?  

I’m old school.  I enjoy Tessa’s music. For me, today’s music is mostly nothing but performance art.  You don’t have to watch Billy Joel, Elton John, Taylor Swift, Carrie Underwood, Adele, to enjoy their music. 

• Like 10
  • Laugh 1

I was wondering who Kyle would get to be his best man. It had to be either Jack or Billy because Kyle doesn't seem to have any male friends.

Hey, Lauren got her hair did. Sorta. I think she really needs to let go of those horse tail extensions though.

Good grief, Victor conducts more personal business in his office than Newman business. Why does he even pretend like he's running the company? At this point it's more like CEO daycare to me, where Vic gets to sit a big chair and move papers around while the NE worker bees actually keeping things going.

No judge would ever give Adam custody? Oy, sounds like anvils falling over there.

Six characters propping Tessa today. Good lord, Show, stop trying to make Tessa happen. If she hasn't blown up after all this time it's a lost cause, IMO.

How mad is Lauren going to be when she finds out the secret Michael is keeping from her? Mad enough to fall into bed with Jack? 🤔

Wow, that screaming match between Sharon and Adam. So Emmy bait. Much Acting. 😑

I thought Abby was planning the wedding, not Kyle. What would he know about wedding planning? Whatever, I hope perpetually single Ana will be allowed to bring a date. 🙄

Doesn't Christian have any little friends his own age? The t-ball game for one was kinda sad to me. But lol at his taking swings at Grandma Nikki and Grandpa Victor. Yeah kid, we feel ya.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Like 4
  • Laugh 3

On ‎6‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 1:32 PM, lovemesomejoolery said:

I have to say, seeing her pissed me off. 

Me. too.

giphy.gif

I can't believe she's back and, to me, she looked sort of koo-koo crazy, devious and just not what I want to be seeing on this show.

She looked like she's been worked like a rented mule. 

Ol'Tube Socks still doesn't wear underwear, huh?

On ‎6‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 3:25 PM, bc1795 said:

My mom called me at work,   She's  turning 86  next month and nursing a fractured hip...

"Well the old Phyllis is back.  What a disgusting looking bitch!"

Thanks Ma!

Your mother calls it like she sees it.

Hug her for me.

3 hours ago, OhioSongbird said:

KMN

raw

• Like 5
  • Laugh 14

That Chancellor Park is the smallest, saddest thing ever on this soap or any other. I was embarrassed for Christian, Nick, Victor and Nikki over that whole thing. And then to top it off, Tessa has to sing to 10 people in that same park while Mariah records her. This is so sad and shameful for a soap that has been so popular for so many years. This is just cheap.

• Like 7
  • Laugh 2
  • Sad 2

10 hours ago, marshmallow said:

More Michael and Kevin, please!  I love how these two play off each other.  They really look like they could be brothers IRL too.  Now bring Gloria back too!

The Fishers were one of the best families on the show. 

4 hours ago, lightninggirl said:

Yes - I was referencing Gina Roma, Danny Romalotti's sister

Kevin burned down her restaurant trying to kill Colleen. 

• Like 13
  • Useful 3

38 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

That Chancellor Park is the smallest, saddest thing ever on this soap or any other. I was embarrassed for Christian, Nick, Victor and Nikki over that whole thing. And then to top it off, Tessa has to sing to 10 people in that same park while Mariah records her. This is so sad and shameful for a soap that has been so popular for so many years. This is just cheap.

What a time to be alive. 😭

• Like 5
  • Laugh 5

2 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Wow, that screaming match between Sharon and Adam. So Emmy bait. Much Acting. 😑

Scene chewing aside, I was glad to see Sharon stand up to his ass. Not that I agree that Adam has ever been better than he is now because Victor Adamn Newman was always looking out for number one on his best fucking day, but if there's ever been one entire person with the unmitigated right to read him the riot act other than Ashley, it's Sharon after the many times she's put her neck out for him at the expense of everything else, her children included.

2 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

Hey Sharon, wasn’t it you and Det Deadwood ready to fight for custody of Sully/Christian?  So why are you so surprised that Adam want custody of Christian?  

Thing is, Sharon and Dylan (mostly Dylan) were unwitting participants in that whole baby switch thing. For whatever reasons that I can't remember anymore Adam switched those tests and let Nick think that baby with Hammertoes was his. This kid is now, what...five years old at least? This isn't a baby who would have no memory of being raised by Nick. He has memories with Nick. Even if Adam wasn't completely trash as a human being, it's far, far, far too late IMO.

• Like 10
  • Useful 3

1 hour ago, Gam2 said:

You should take a look at Salem's park on DOOL - on second thought, don't do it to yourself.  The farm set I had as a kid had more realistic foliage, and was bigger, I think.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 15

2 hours ago, Gam2 said:

When Guiding Light was at its end, they began to save money by filming outdoors. That was sad in its own way, so it is hard to say which is better. Maybe they should have just had a scene at the coffee shop where they celebrated his win. At least that would have been less ridiculous than Christian pummeling his grandparents with a giant bat. 

• Like 8
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 5

7 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

So Tessa is singing and bangin' away on her guitar and suddenly in comes drums and other assorted instruments. Where are they? Where are the back up singers hiding? 

6 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

I wondered the same thing - where did all the backup singers come from and where were they?  I sort of got confused, thinking they were showing us the actual music video, or whatever it was they were "producing".

I agree with you about her music.  I'm not a huge Tessa fan when it comes to her singing......although I do appreciate the genre (in fact, I just found my old Fiona Apple Tidal CD and have been playing this week in my car......)  Mostly, it's because 90% of the time, I can't figure out the words she's singing.  Maybe I'm expecting too much from a soap opera singer?? LOL! 

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 3

51 minutes ago, Anna Yolei said:

Scene chewing aside, I was glad to see Sharon stand up to his ass. Not that I agree that Adam has ever been better than he is now because Victor Adamn Newman was always looking out for number one on his best fucking day, but if there's ever been one entire person with the unmitigated right to read him the riot act other than Ashley, it's Sharon after the many times she's put her neck out for him at the expense of everything else, her children included.

Thing is, Sharon and Dylan (mostly Dylan) were unwitting participants in that whole baby switch thing. For whatever reasons that I can't remember anymore Adam switched those tests and let Nick think that baby with Hammertoes was his. This kid is now, what...five years old at least? This isn't a baby who would have no memory of being raised by Nick. He has memories with Nick. Even if Adam wasn't completely trash as a human being, it's far, far, far too late IMO.

Thank you.  Thank you.  Thank you.

This is how I feel 100% about Adam trying to take this child from Nick.  Adam is the one who created this mess, 100% - I can't remember why Adam switched those tests, either, but I know he did it.  And for him to say to Sharon that people change, that he's changed, is pure BS.  Someone who has "changed" wouldn't be doing that to a little kid.

Like Sharon bellowed today, I don't get why Adam has all this angst towards Nick.  Before Adam "died", I seem to remember that he and Nick had made peace.  Adam ASKED Nick to take care of his kids and Chelsea, too. 

I am starting to really loathe this storyline.......only to be made worse when Reds worms her way through our screen every.damn.day.

Edited by lovemesomejoolery
  • Like 17
  • Useful 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, spinxella said:

I know it’s a Phyllis thing but I like her with the lighter hair that she has on GH. I think the red/darker color makes her look older. She’s still got a killer body though.  See, I can be nice.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 7

6 hours ago, OhioSongbird said:

KMN

She really was happy with herself. Too funny! It’s funny how she looks heavier but she wasn’t. Her face just looks wider when she was younger. It’s sort of like the freshman 15 but in soap years. LOL!!!!

• Laugh 9

1 hour ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

Before Adam "died", I seem to remember that he and Nick had made peace.  Adam ASKED Nick to take care of his kids and Chelsea, too. 

Oh you're right, I forgot entirely about that! I remember being stunned at the last funeral about how the entire Newman family were kumbaayah-ing over the guy. Did Adam.lose his memories over that, too?

Nick isn't exactly father of the year between his enabling of Summer and the way he's let Faith steamroll him and Sharon both (and I am sure teen Faith will make Summer look like Bridget Forrester in comparison) but...he's been there. Adam had his chance and he decided to blow it. Between this and the Faith situation, he really has no leg to stand on. None at all.

• Like 8
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 1