Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Aquarius

Getting To Genoa You : Y&R Daily Chat

Recommended Posts

Totally at the GT table, too.........save me a glass of whatever.

Jack/Phyllis got me hooked, too.  I tuned in just as the Marco story started.  They were wonderful together.   Then came that whole Philly bs.....uh.

Am dreading (but for some reason curiously interested) in how MS will play out having never seen her the first go round.

I hate NuAdam.

...that is all....

  • Like 6
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

Only Kevin can lock Phyllis in a room that has windows where she’s able to snake her way out.  

Mariah is not only beautiful but very intuitive.  Money can be a curse. Just ask some lottery winners.  I’m torn between two points of view where Devon was just doing a random act of kindness and Elena thinks she’s a high priced call girl.  That’s the underlining problem. Devon, unwittingly, had terrible timing.

I has a random thought. What if GT was MS all along and GT was wearing a mask like in Mission Impossible.  Phyllis is in LV and we saw her driving there but how did she sneak back to the GCAC to get her handbag and keys?  

It looks like Banana Breath was actually talking to Chelsea and he warned her that  Adam would come after Connor.  No way would Adam try to take Connor away from Chelsea?  Adam loves Chelsea. I’m sure that Chelsea loves Adam a heck of a lot more than she ever loved Banana Breath. Wasn’t it Banana Breath’s medaling that forced Chelsea to leave GC? 

Edited by Waldo13
  • Like 7
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

What is going on with Michael's hair? Is that a toupe or is a sickly muskrat nesting on his head?

EMT. Hmmm, for some reason I thought Elena was interviewing for an administrative position at the hospital.

This mustache Adam seems to be trying to grow is not working for me. I think it makes him look like a pimp. All he needs to complete the look is a big fedora, a floor-length fur coat, some flashy jewelry, alligator shoes, and a cane.

Michael said Phyllis and Adam were like two human porcupines and that's why it was dumb to consider them even possible as a couple. But even porcupines manage to mate. 🤔

I don't get it. Adam was a perfectly fine father to Connor. Why is he now unqualified to parent a child?

Okay, Miss Elena, you still need to move out of Devon's place though or you really will be looking like a golddigger. Sez me.

There. She. Is. 😩

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Like 11
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post

I don't know if it's the complete 180 his character has taken since he got his memory back, or the fact that they are putting him in real clothing, but I'm not finding this new Adam good looking anymore.  He doesn't look good without his abs showing, in my opinion! 

@Joimiaroxeu I think some of it IS that wannabe mustache he's trying to do.  He just looks so unkempt now.

The bloom is definitely off my rose!!

  • Like 5
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, rcc said:

I miss GT. I disliked the constant sex scenes with Billy but watching her as Red with Jack was why I got into the show in the first place. Best couple on the show IMO. 

She really was good until she got into all the Twitter Philly shilling nonsense. No character, couple or actor should be able to dictate an entire ensemble series. Not Victor, not any of the 9000 versions of Adam, not Daniel Goddard rabid fan club and certainly not Gina Tognoni. But, she was a good replacement for Michelle Stafford.

  • Like 18
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

There was a lot I enjoyed today, but before that ..... DAMN, Josh Morrow is just an awful AKTOR.  First there's the way he walks, strutting that stuff cuz his junk is just too heavy for one man to lift, dontchaknowbaby, and there's that need-a-diaper-change face he puts on when he wants to communicate that Nick is MAD, oh man is he MAD!  And did you get a look at the faces he makes when he's downing his manly man's scotch??  I assume Show edits out all the ball scratching because there is just NO way he doesn't do that to increase dramatic effect.  And, of course, because he's itchy down there....

I see that without Sharon around, he's making everything Victoria's fault.  She should Rocky Mountain Oyster each of her brothers.

Damn, Adam really has a bug up his buttbiscuit, doesn't he?  His villainy has gotten both comical and ridiculous.  He antagonizes for no reason, he thinks very highly of himself for no discernible reason, he feels put upon and disrespected by everyone - in fact, he's become Phyllis.

They really should have him greeting his family with 

giphy.gif

I got a big kick out of Michael today.  Like Lauren, to a lesser degree maybe, it's been good seeing more of him.  While I'm not a Kevin fan, I do like the brotherly bond these two have.

Congrats to whoever in the writer's room crafted that scene between Mariah and Devon, it was perfect.  Anytime we get one of those friend scenes between the two of them is time well spent imo.  I felt the same about Nate and Elena's scenes.  Newbies though they are, I liked their interaction too.  I hope Show continues to invest in these friend connections, every one of them works for me.

I know that so far, Devon and Elena's storyline is on the quiet side, but that's fine with me, I like it, like them both.  

And it sure is a relief from scenes of Adam, the Junior Moustache.

giphy.gif

Any chance he might swallow his own tongue?

Edited by boes · Reason: Speeling
  • Like 11
  • Laugh 7

Share this post


Link to post
59 minutes ago, Anna Yolei said:

She really was good until she got into all the Twitter Philly shilling nonsense. No character, couple or actor should be able to dictate an entire ensemble series. Not Victor, not any of the 9000 versions of Adam, not Daniel Goddard rabid fan club and certainly not Gina Tognoni. But, she was a good replacement for Michelle Stafford.

She was good in Guiding Light. I don't know what possessed her on Twitter. If she was kissing up to Mal, she should know as a soap veteran that showrunners change all the time.

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, godfreydaniels said:

I’m probably the only one who is going to miss Gina T. As an actress. I’ve followed her forever. Too bad she didn’t get to transfer to GH!

You’re not alone. I’ve watched her on GL, OLTL and Y&R. I think she’s awesome. I’m so disgusted with the way they tossed her out to get the Staff Infection back. 

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

What is going on with Michael's hair? Is that a toupe or is a sickly muskrat nesting on his head?

EMT. Hmmm, for some reason I thought Elena was interviewing for an administrative position at the hospital.

This mustache Adam seems to be trying to grow is not working for me. I think it makes him look like a pimp. All he needs to complete the look is a big fedora, a floor-length fur coat, some flashy jewelry, alligator shoes, and a cane.

Michael said Phyllis and Adam were like two human porcupines and that's why it was dumb to consider them even possible as a couple. But even porcupines manage to mate. 🤔

I don't get it. Adam was a perfectly fine father to Connor. Why is he now unqualified to parent a child?

Okay, Miss Elena, you still need to move out of Devon's place though or you really will be looking like a golddigger. Sez me.

There. She. Is. 😩

OMG! CLB not hair. WTF was that? I thought he used to color it because it would look purple under the lights. Today was a whole different story. A piece on top of his hair? Was it left over from one of TB wigs? I’ll be looking real close tomorrow and the rest of the week. Maybe, it was a one day epic fail. 

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 6

Share this post


Link to post

One of my favorite parts of today was when Adam told Victoria that two of the only reasons he likes Dark Horse is because he has a really great office & the coffee maker is top of the line ! 😂

Edited by SiouxB
  • Like 5
  • Laugh 6

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, boes said:

he feels put upon and disrespected by everyone - in fact, he's become Phyllis.

Maybe he'll calm down now that Phyllis is back.

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post

Nick did feel especially out of his league in those scenes with his siblings. It's like the older he gets the more he does the frat boy posture? I mean, he's solid Y&R family and so I would never want rid of him but man he shouldn't be front and center too much.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

Michael had the best line of the day:

"....only one person should be allowed to come back from the dead at a time!!!"

  • Like 8
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post

I have to admit I really enjoyed this episode.  The Nate/Elena and Devon/Mariah conversations were both spot on.  Nate and Mariah gave good advice, and it was nice to see friendships growing. 

More Michael and Kevin, please!  I love how these two play off each other.  They really look like they could be brothers IRL too.  Now bring Gloria back too!

I could listen to AA snark to Victoria and Nick all day.  It's pathetic how easily Miss CEO got played, she deserves every bit of wrath from him and Nick.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, OhioSongbird said:

Yeah...I was bummed/surprised she got played that easily.

Ya know, I've pretty much given up on Victoria. We know she's got the smarts, the drive and the aptitude for business and yet she makes the worst decisions every time. All the men in her life have played her and she goes back for more over and over and over ...

Victor is never going to choose her. It's that simple.

  • Like 7
  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post
34 minutes ago, paisley said:

Why so much Tessa?????

I don't mind Tessa. She's more fun to watch than Nanners, Biscuit or Victoria.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
37 minutes ago, paisley said:

Why so much Tessa?????

UGGGGGH I know! I keep wondering who she's related to in MalLand. Reminds me of Gina, who was related to a writer (or something) and seemed to break out into song whenever anyone bought a ravioli at her dang restaurant.

Edited by lightninggirl
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
56 minutes ago, lightninggirl said:

UGGGGGH I know! I keep wondering who she's related to in MalLand. Reminds me of Gina, who was related to a writer (or something) and seemed to break out into song whenever anyone bought a ravioli at her dang restaurant.

So when I read this, the first thing I thought of was Gina Tognoni belting out some song, probably "He done me Wrong", while slapping together a meal of Spaghetti-O's and Ritz crackers doing a sexay dance, and it took me more than a second to realize you probably -hopefully? - meant that Gina person back in the bad old MAB days.  Either that, or I managed to miss an EVEN WORSE Gina T. scene than the usual crap.  

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post

So Tessa is singing and bangin' away on her guitar and suddenly in comes drums and other assorted instruments. Where are they? Where are the back up singers hiding? 

  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, boes said:

So when I read this, the first thing I thought of was Gina Tognoni belting out some song, probably "He done me Wrong", while slapping together a meal of Spaghetti-O's and Ritz crackers doing a sexay dance, and it took me more than a second to realize you probably -hopefully? - meant that Gina person back in the bad old MAB days.  Either that, or I managed to miss an EVEN WORSE Gina T. scene than the usual crap.  

Yes - I was referencing Gina Roma, Danny Romalotti's sister. She was played by Patty Weaver and Parry was married Y&R writer Jerry Birn, which was why she was always around. Even worse was Jerry's awful daughter Laura Bryan Birn who played dopey "Yes, Boss!" Lynne Bassett, Paul's secretary. Triple ugggghhhhh!

  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, paisley said:

Why so much Tessa?????

I agree.  With all due respect, her style of music isn’t popular now——more like something during the anti-Vietnam War era, with the folk singers like Peter, Paul and Mary.  

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, KLovestoShop said:

I agree.  With all due respect, her style of music isn’t popular now——more like something during the anti-Vietnam War era, with the folk singers like Peter, Paul and Mary.  

I beg to differ. Remember the female singer/songwriter craze of the ninties? Alanis, Sarah, Jewel, Natalie Merchant,  Dido, Cheryl Crow and Fiona Apple.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×