Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Aquarius

Getting To Genoa You : Y&R Daily Chat

It seems today that the make up department did a better job in covering up Cane’s second nose. Speaking of noses, Nostrils’, in b&w, cavernous nasal passages look even more cavernous. 

Victor, if TIIC are writing you off, I have to say that Y&R would not be the same without you. Villain, bastard, ruthless, prick, etc. The one thing he’s not is a major hypocrite and takes onus for his flaws.  In addition, no matter what Victor loves his family even though he has a terrible way of showing it.  

The way I see it is that Adam is the best of the bunch. Adam is right that Banana Breath and Raggedy Ann mostly didn’t have much of a bond to begin with. Adam is the least of the entitled of Victor’s children. I would imagine that comes from Adam’s fairly simple early upbringing, without the silver spoon from day one. With that said, Adam does have Victor’s blood which gives him the propensity for mayhem. 

Stalker Cane is moving to be closer to Lily. Can someone say restraining order.  

As a wedding planner it looks like Abby has taken over for Robin Leach as host of “Lifestyles of The Rich and Famous”. Yes, Abby has caviar wishes and champagne dreams.  

• Like 11
  • Laugh 4

Geez, I wish Victoria would've opted to change clothes for Victor's big meeting. Those janky sleeves were hurting my eyes.

"Stolen Lockets, Broken Hearts." Doesn't quite roll off the tongue. Dina being so excited to hear Traci read it to her was cute though.

Derek Gould. Okay. Whatever, why is this guy Flynn doing business in a mansion full of photos of the Abbotts? 🤔

I liked Cora's hat. Victoria was killing that 1940s look though I think women back then usually had more curves. So who was the henchman who incapacitated Flynn? His using a sap was a nice nod back to the era.

Oh FFS. Adam is the only one qualified to continue Victor's legacy? More like he's the only one with a big enough Y chromosome. 😐

Wait, what? Are we to believe Traci is in love with Cane? Oh Traci, who hurt you? 😕

So now Abby is a wedding planner. She'll probably come up with something that'll make the British royal weddings look like middle school proms. Can't wait to see how Lola reacts.

• Like 8
  • Laugh 8

When Traci was reading to Dina and Victoria/Billy were acting out the 1940’s plot at the park, I could actually see the stringy tendons in AH’s legs. She is so skinny that I’m worried about her. However, hearing Victoria go on and on about how she’s the only one who’s been working at Newman, devoted to Newman, kept it afloat, etc, etc? Not by a long shot, honey. You’re the strong, smart and accomplished woman who always needs Billy’s consoling shoulder because you just can’t cope with the crisis de jour.

• Like 9

On ‎6‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 8:43 PM, boes said:

The heat out here has been between 106 and 112 the past three days, so it MAY be a touch of heat stroke, but I kinda sorta enjoyed Tightpockets and Cricket having a picnic on JT's burial site.  I think Cricket overdid the praise a bit, asking when DID Tightpockets find the time to put all this together?  As far as I could see, there were about 8 grapes, a tiny wedge of cheese, two slices of bread, a bottle of freshly squeezed metamucil and a fresh tube of Tightpocket's glue for his rug on that blanket.  

The triple digit heat has been oppressive. Thankfully the weather broke into the 70's today.

I didn't mind Paul and Cricket picnicking, as weird and paltry as it was. And I do like the hair color change away from that ghastly bleached straw she's favored for years. TIIC have treated their marriage negligibly, as if it's barely exists since Cricket miscarried (Nicki/Neil/Rexx Rugs trifecta).

Having Victor chew Cricket out and threaten her political career was a hoot -- EB was on fire. Makes you wonder what Show would be like if EB actually played Victor Newman bigger than life, instead of going through the motions while reading the teleprompters.

On ‎6‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 8:43 PM, boes said:

My other minority opinion is that, again, I enjoyed today's dose of lovey time with the Schmoopettes aka Lola and Kyle.  To me, they're a throwback to a cornier soap time and much to my surprise, I like it.

On ‎6‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 9:17 PM, Snaporaz said:

I'll sit at the kids' table with you, boes.  I think Kyle and Lola are shmoopily sweet, too!   

I like how the couple is on the same page living together, recognizing they are kinda' dorky lovers. And yeah they are sweet to each other and cute together, I admit it.

The sand in the lube is Kyle's still married to Dumber, and Lola thinks there's some sort of mutual détente that can be reached with Dumber (I'm engaged to your husband, soooo, let's try to get along.)

Dumber can't allow normalized relations with Lola when she's imprinted on Kyle, and has a lot of power over the progress of the annulment/divorce. She tried to throw a wrench at their engagement commenting that Lola didn't have a ring. I expect when Dumber gets a look at the ring, she'll have several left-handed snide reactions, and Lola will tolerate the sarcasm. Just stay away from Dumber, and watch your back. The closer to dissolving the marriage, as the wedding looms, the more reactive and disruptive Dumber will become.

On ‎6‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 8:15 PM, Anna Yolei said:

I swear not even Liam "Ping Pong" Spencer has ever gotten engaged this quickly after leaving a wife 😂

I don't even know what to feel about Kola (Lyle?). I'm not even mad, I'm just... aggressively bored with them.

On ‎6‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 9:07 AM, CountryGirl said:

No, Liam simply got engaged to gal #2 with the ring that was still warm from gal #1's finger. He still gets the ultimate Waffles prize.

I'm kind of bored with them, too. I feel like Lola has made Kyle lose his edge somehow. 

Obligatory Liam Spencer gif -- 

giphy.gif

I wax and wane on Kyle and Lola. The last couple of episodes they've been hearts and flowers sweeties, other times they're an annoying pair of dopes. The bookcase, smoke detector and painting episodes aggravated me to no end -- Morons!

And for everything that is good and holy, please stop posting those gawd-awful MSPhyllis having a seizure/fucking gifs. The Bromo-Seltzer is barely making a dent in my heartburn.

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Like 9
  • Laugh 8

Victor finding inspiration from his own portrait was priceless!  How Nikki contained her laughter when she saw that is beyond me.  

Mariah, Tessa, Kyle, and Lola all seem believable as a group of friends.  And Abby is the one who everyone reluctantly tolerates.

So Adam really does have Chloe?  What are the chances he and Kevin both misplace the keys to where they are keeping their respective hostages?  

I would pay cash money to see Faith pack up Rey's belongings and deliver them to his new address using the drone he gave her.

As for Cricket and Paul and their déjeuner sur l'herbe, I'm glad they are finally being re-humanized.  Paul has been insufferable since he became Chief of Police.  He was always better as the PI who bent the rules to solve his cases.  Isn't that why he didn't want to follow in Carl's footsteps in the first place?   And whatever you think of Cricket, she was always capable of warmth and compassion and forgiveness (for everyone except Phyllis!), so I never understood her zombie-eyed Robo-DA.  And she's incompetent, to boot.  Cricket was perfect at everything!  Anyway, it's high time they soften the edges on both of them and bring them back to some semblance of the characters they used to be.

• Like 13
  • Laugh 6

Billy is doing absolutely nothing these days other than pay Victoria compliments and be in the background of Jack and Kyle during Jabot meetings. It's embarrassing. Maybe he'll have something to do once Chloe comes back to reignite the Delia nonsense.

The same with Cane. He is nothing without the Winters clan. His biggest storyline is being in Traci's fantasy stories.

• Like 11
  • Useful 2

3 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

It seems today that the make up department did a better job in covering up Cane’s second nose. Speaking of noses, Nostrils’, in b&w, cavernous nasal passages look even more cavernous. 

Production did a better job of lighting and makeup on the B&W episode today. AH is painfully thin, and Nostrilgoggles looked ridiculous in the fedora.

I loved the scenes with Dina, as Tracy read her manuscript. It's a pleasure to watch such talented and skillful actors.

Victor, if TIIC are writing you off, I have to say that Y&R would not be the same without you. Villain, bastard, ruthless, prick, etc. The one thing he’s not is a major hypocrite and takes onus for his flaws.  In addition, no matter what Victor loves his family even though he has a terrible way of showing it.  

Victor Newman killed off by a trifling P&H blood disease that isn't reacting well to treatment? Not going to happen! Yougotthat!  ; )

Victor will play the hypocrite if it's expedites his goals, like bequeathing Atonal Adam's the Big C of Newman Enterprises and Victor's portrait, was to keep AA in town. Is Atonal Adam the most qualified to run NE? No, if we're judging Atonal Adam's recent vindictive behavior to get his hands Chelsea/Connor and CAN. Running a criminal enterprise, perhaps.

Atonal Adam rejecting the offer and flouncing out was a tactical move. AA wants something more than wrecking his family, the Big C and CAN. 

The way I see it is that Adam is the best of the bunch. Adam is right that Banana Breath and Raggedy Ann mostly didn’t have much of a bond to begin with. Adam is the least of the entitled of Victor’s children. I would imagine that comes from Adam’s fairly simple early upbringing, without the silver spoon from day one. With that said, Adam does have Victor’s blood which gives him the propensity for mayhem. 

All the adult versions of Adam have had it out for anyone named Newman, and has acted upon it with extreme prejudice. If that makes him the cream of the Newman sperm rally, Hope should have drown Adam in a stock tank on the farm.

Stalker Cane is moving to be closer to Lily. Can someone say restraining order.

Cane will not let go of Lily. Not yet. <shrug> Does it surprise anyone? 

As a wedding planner it looks like Abby has taken over for Robin Leach as host of “Lifestyles of The Rich and Famous”. Yes, Abby has caviar wishes and champagne dreams

Abby had a fairly elaborate wedding to Stitch at TOTT. I would expect no less from the Newman princess, with Ashley's assist as mother of the bride and lover of the groom. Oops!

As Maid of Honor and wedding planner, Abby's starting the process with their wedding 'theme' and to distract herself from the terrifying news that her father's ill with a deadly disease, and she's still the cheese standing alone … Woe is meee! Stuck on repeat is our Abby. 

• Like 9
  • Useful 1

37 minutes ago, avocadohead said:

Billy is doing absolutely nothing these days other than pay Victoria compliments and be in the background of Jack and Kyle during Jabot meetings. It's embarrassing. Maybe he'll have something to do once Chloe comes back to reignite the Delia nonsense.

I know I should be putting this in the spoiler section, but Billy ButtBiscuit WILL have a new storyline, all his very own, and soon!  

He's going to become VERY involved in trying to stamp out an age old scourge that has tormented our species since time began, one that ButtBiscuit is uniquely qualified to handle, probably more than anyone else on the planet.  It's something very close to his heart, and something he's struggled with, mightily.

Here's a glimpse of his first PSA, and it's both heartbreaking and heartwarming.....

stop picking your nose GIF

Love Means Never Having to Say You're Snotty.

Edited by boes
  • Like 8
  • Laugh 8

13 hours ago, Cupid Stunt said:

And for everything that is good and holy, please stop posting those gawd-awful MSPhyllis having a seizure/fucking gifs. The Bromo-Seltzer is barely making a dent in my heartburn.

i looked for her miscarriage one but couldn't find it...that over the top scene was just too funny...especially when she tossed her cell phone..

• Like 3
  • Laugh 6

i looked for her miscarriage one but couldn't find it...that over the top scene was just too funny...especially when she tossed her cell phone..

The worst of it IMO was the pristine white dress she was wearing. Like the audience would be sitting with bated breath waiting for blood splotches to appear and the show wanted to make sure we could see them. 🙄 It was clear to some MS thought she was doing major Acting! in that scene and it was intended to be Emmy bait.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 11

Maybe it's me but I could not be less interested in these storylines. I was hoping for better after the end of the Malware era, but boy, am I disappointed.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • Sad 1

I felt a little choked up at Victor's air fist pump yesterday...even though I know he's not going to die.  I sick of Lola and Kyle.  We get it, you're happiest happy on earth.  Someone needs to burst their bubble.  

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 5
  • Surprise 1

15 hours ago, Cupid Stunt said:

All the adult versions of Adam have had it out for anyone named Newman, and has acted upon it with extreme prejudice. If that makes him the cream of the Newman sperm rally, Hope should have drown Adam in a stock tank on the farm.

Ouch. But honestly...same. Hope Adams was such a good, decent human being  that I can't imagine raising a complete amoral sociopath as Adam has been. 

I don't know why Victor is trying to give this company to the man that, when he was presumed dead, proceeded to turn the whole place upside down and then once Victor returned tried to forge a diary to get him arrested for murder. 

Honestly, the petty squabbling aside, Victoria has been grinding at Newman for literally as long as I remember. While Nick was futzing around at Genoa U and getting married two days out of high school, she was there at the company running Brash & Sassy. In fact, I remember that period where Vikki upon her return as AH wanted to focus on art and the fandom was rightfully livid by this turn in her characterization. Bill Bell even said she pictured her as the heir apparent. Honestly, even if Adam wasn't a POS and Nick and Abby had more than 3 brain cells between them, it's not even close. 

• Like 10
  • Laugh 2

47 minutes ago, Anna Yolei said:

Hope Adams was such a good, decent human being  that I can't imagine raising a complete amoral sociopath as Adam has been

I agree that Hope and her husband raised a much better person.  Example:  he valued hard work and earning his own way to an MBA.  Maybe I saw it differently than the writers intended, but I don't think Adam was born/raised a sociopath.  What I took away from Hope's deathbed scene when Adam finds out he's really Victor's was genuine shock and disbelief.  When Adam then turns down Victor's offer to come be part of the Newman Menagerie it was because he, Adam, was a good person and knew Victor wasn't.  He wasn't living in a vacuum in Kansas, he was getting an MBA at Harvard so probably up on current events.  

When Adam did come to GC, I got the impression he had rethought what Victor offered and saw it as a genuine gesture of family unity. He seemed so young and naïve then.  He got shot down by Vic, Nick and Nikki because they were not in on the offer and would never have extended it themselves.  Victor did nothing to alleviate this, in fact seemed to facilitate it and =boom= ya got yourself a vengeful sociopath bent on the destruction of all things Newman.

• Like 9
  • Useful 4

Well now, Adam finally got a wardrobe upgrade. Maybe next they can branch him out into some different colors. 🙄

On what basis does Tessa have the juice to dictate terms to Ana? Are there any other record companies offering her a contract? Pssht.

The tables turned for Kevin, huh? He went from demanding Chloe in exchange for Phyllis to agreeing to give Phyllis back in exchange for Chloe. And he's going to be Adam's on-call cyber henchman. What a badass. 😑

Those poor Dark Horse employees. One day they're working for wannabe master of the universe Nick who can't even manage his company finances, and the next day their boss is Nick's bad baby bro who couldn't care less about them or their work.

Seems to me Adam puts himself in legal jeopardy if it gets out he not only knew where Chloe the fugitive from justice was but that he was holding her hostage. Why doesn't Kevin leverage that with Paul and Michael's help? Eventually Chloe will be caught and have to take her punishment. Better to do it voluntarily now than later by force.

"Squad goals"? A squad of two? GMAFB. Dear MWTs, you're trying too hard.

Isn't the Newman Ranch supposed to be out in the country? I don't get all these people  dropping in at Sharon's unannounced like they're just taking a swing by the coffeehouse.

Aw, Rey, you walked right into Adam's evil web.

So Fenmore's and Jabot are planning to step into Forrester Creation's sandbox without even giving them a head's up? Right.

Ruh roh, Kevin. You lost your bargaining chip. Gah, you used to be better at this criming thing.

• Like 7
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 4

18 minutes ago, Petunia13 said:

Call me old fashioned but I think you should be divorced from your current spouse before getting engaged to another. I’m weird that way. 

QFT 😂

• Like 5
  • Laugh 2

40 minutes ago, MollyB said:

Maybe I saw it differently than the writers intended, but I don't think Adam was born/raised a sociopath. 

No, he really wasn't... You're right about all of that, especially when the rest of the family shat on him for existing. 

Unfortunately what I think happened is MAB had every intention of snuffing Adam after the gaslight story that Chris Engen left in the middle of but Michael Muhney proved too popular to burn off the way she did with far too many others when her inept writing left her into a hole [see also: Ricky Williams, Diane as played by a far too young Maura West].

As a result, they had a situation of reconciling that horrendous act with salvaging anything of the character so they leaned into dark, brooding, asshole Adam who eventually became about wanting daddy's approval. MM was always under the shadow of that baby switch and it only really subsided after JH left the role.

That said, If nothing else, I'm glad Adam #4 wants nothing to do with Victor or him company and whatever manipulation he's trying by bringing him into the fold. 

• Like 12
  • Useful 1

On ‎6‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 12:13 PM, SimoneS said:

Victoria was born in 1982, Nick was born in 1988, and Adam was born in 1995. I had to look this up as it has been awhile.

Holy shit, Victoria is younger than me?! Well isn't that just a kick in the teeth. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 7

On ‎6‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 8:49 PM, Sake614 said:

The ring Kyle gave Lola May not have been a rock but the entire band was diamonds. I’ll admit it was an odd choice for an engagement ring but I don’t think she would have wanted a rock. I couldn’t quite tell what the stone in the middle was...sapphire?  It was a weird shape.

That ring is $89 at Macy's according to "Worn On TV." That's probably all Lola would have allowed him to spend, heh. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 3
  • Laugh 8
  • Surprise 1

Is anyone enjoying Traci's "novel" as it gets played out by the actors?  I stopped watching those scenes in the very beginning of that storyline because her stilted accent (I know...very 1940's gangster moll) really grated.  Are they trying to make her and Cane a thing?

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

I guess Faith doesn’t really exist except a few times a month. Would have Faith come down to see Rey sleeping on the couch. Wouldn’t Faith realize that something was wrong and yet there is no mention that Faith saw Rey.  

Adam is basically unflappable especially when he’s threatened.  Adam knows Kevin has really more to loose than Kevin. Adam stands more of a chance to fend off Kevin’s attack than fending off Chloe going to jail for attempted murder and him for kidnapping Phyllis. 

Rey, I have to say again, jealousy is a sign of ownership not love. No matter what Rey says his opinions, of Adam, comes from Banana Breath and his inner “Hulk”.  Did you notice the look on Adam’s face after the confrontation with Rey as he closed the cabin door?  I think that Rey will rue the day a lot more than Adam. Adam has even more of incentive to pursue Sharon. 

Very prudent Lauren blowing off a commercial flight for a private jet. Even two first class tickets, to LA, would be more than 1,000 times less than a private jet for two.  

• Like 6
  • Useful 1

My, but Adam is getting tiring.  Even Snidley Whiplash had his days where he didn't wax his moustache and sat around in his boxers watching tv.  I remain puzzled and a little bored as to whatever it is that drives him.  However, if whatever drives him lost its brakes and went careening off a cliff, hopefully with Nick as his passenger, that would perk up my interest.

Oh Kevin.......don't you worry, everyone is laughing AT you, not with you.  He always walks like he really, really has to pee.

Ana looked great today, as did Tessa and Mariah.  I guess Devon must have let Ana know he wanted things with Tessa patched up.  

Poor Rey Rey!  Sharon isn't clearing everything she does or thinks or feels with him, the nerve of her!   Yeah, Rey Rey, Adam is bad news but you're a pretty big pile of sad news yourself.

I'm astonished every day she's on at how much I'm enjoying Lauren again.  I hope Show isn't heading in a Lauren/Jack hookup, it would seem out of character for both.  I like them as friends and coworkers.

I pity whatever poor chump is the one stuck guarding Chloe.  At the very least, he'll suffer some permanent hearing loss. 

• Like 14
  • Laugh 2

2 hours ago, boes said:

I'm astonished every day she's on at how much I'm enjoying Lauren again

Whilst I agree, I would enjoy her so much more if she got rid of the horse's tail that is her hair.  I have a memory of TB with a longish bob, and that would look fantastic on her now.  

It's weird, because she has a fantastic body, has had good work done on her face, but insists on ruining the entire package with bad hair, and usually worse clothing.

• Like 10
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 2

13 hours ago, boes said:

I'm astonished every day she's on at how much I'm enjoying Lauren again.  I hope Show isn't heading in a Lauren/Jack hookup, it would seem out of character for both.  I like them as friends and coworkers.

Honestly, it's the best thing the show has going for it right now. Two seasoned vets being work partners and taking care of business. Jack I enjoy far more when he's not playing patsy to Victor. 

• Like 10

Amen.....TB is is really pretty and has a smokin' bod (Mr. Songbird perked up while he was walking thru the living room) but the hair and the wardrobe just make her look like a high-end Madam in Las Vegas.

Well, ya know.....Faith has standing sleepover dates at all her friends homes every week so she doesn't have to see Mama with her latest paramour.

• Like 7
  • Laugh 1

The Adam actor really needs to gain 10 to 15 pounds. From certain angles his face looks like a skeleton with skin stretched over it.  

I don’t think these story lines are going over well with the audience.  Y&R’s ratings have fallen quite a bit in the last 3 weeks. It’s been a long time since I’ve seen them at the 2.8 range.  

I want to see more of Dina and her story, but they can get rid of Tracy’s book story.  They are really misusing her character via this vapid book crapola. 

• Like 6
  • Sad 2

24 minutes ago, KLovestoShop said:

The Adam actor really needs to gain 10 to 15 pounds. From certain angles his face looks like a skeleton with skin stretched over it.  

I don’t think these story lines are going over well with the audience.  Y&R’s ratings have fallen quite a bit in the last 3 weeks. It’s been a long time since I’ve seen them at the 2.8 range.  

I want to see more of Dina and her story, but they can get rid of Tracy’s book story.  They are really misusing her character via this vapid book crapola. 

NuAdam really does have a skinny & bony face. He also looks pale compared to everyone else. I don’t know if it’s because Adam is recovering from his wound but he still looks haggard. Maybe, the actor is into method acting. I do like the work he’s doing playing Adam but his appearance is kind of jarring. I just don’t know if it’s by accident or design?!?!

• Like 5

On 6/12/2019 at 10:19 AM, CountryGirl said:

Oh, don't get me wrong. I'm still a little salty that if TPTB just had to bring Adam back, it wasn't MM (and I know, I'm likely at a table for one or maybe two). 

But since they did, I'm glad he's one with pretty cheekbones and smoldering eyes. Decent acting would just be a bonus. 

MM was a great Adam. Justin Hartley is an awful actor, imo. He smirked through all his lines. He's lucky he got that role on This Is Us cos he can act exactly the same way and it's appropriate for his character.(I do love that show). He is pretty though and so is NewNewNewAdam. He also seems like a nice man irl.

On 6/12/2019 at 4:17 PM, Snaporaz said:

Because I'm a terrible person, I thought it was hilarious when Rey Flintstone walked down the steps and saw Sharon and Adam embracing.  I'd forgotten he even lived there!  I kind of always forget about him until I see him and then I say, "oh yeah, him..."  He may have broken the record once held by Scotty for shortest cohabitation time at the cottage.

Same. I've been in denial about Sharon and Rey. I don't know why they were put together. When they break up it'll be as if it never happened for me. However, I'm not a fan of the idea of her and this incarnation of Adam. I agree with whoever said let Sharon stay single for a while and focus on Faith, Mariah and her new career. I've always been a Sharon fan and I love her character over the last few years. 

• Like 8
  • Laugh 1