Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E05: Designing For The Duchess

• Start Topic

Winters in London are actually quite mild compared to most of the US.  It rarely dips below 5C and tends to hover in the 10C to 12C range in the winter.  Of course, it can often not get much warmer in the summer.  And the rain tends to be misty, but often, and barely demands an umbrella.  As I type it is 11C there and raining.  The sleeves and Justin's back aren't huge warmth issues.  I thought Justin's back just looked unflattering even on the thin model.  Also, it appeared he went with that approach because he couldn't find a design option for the back that worked with the front.  I thought it was a mess.

Yeah Justin's coat looked like he couldn't decided what to do with the back, so he just omitted it and hoped nobody would mind. The back didn't bother me because the butt was uncovered; it bothered me because it didn't make sense with the long panels on each side. I looked like a panel got ripped off her coat or something. Very awkward looking design.

Also, regarding the winters, they are indeed surprisingly mild. I lived in south Wales for a short time, and train schedules were getting all messed up and a chunk of track got closed when it snowed like an inch. 

I actually liked Dmitry's coat more than most people here seem to. I don't love it, but I would much rather wear that than most of the other rubbish that was on the runway. 

• Love 2

Winters in London are actually quite mild compared to most of the US. It rarely dips below 5C and tends to hover in the 10C to 12C range in the winter. Of course, it can often not get much warmer in the summer. And the rain tends to be misty, but often, and barely demands an umbrella. As I type it is 11C there and raining. The sleeves and Justin's back aren't huge warmth issues. I thought Justin's back just looked unflattering even on the thin model. Also, it appeared he went with that approach because he couldn't find a design option for the back that worked with the front. I thought it was a mess.

Thank you. I noticed, too, how warm it was when we went. My grandmother and I had gone walking along the Thames river one day and it was a high pressure day like in California - deep, clear blue skies, a balmy wind, around 72. It was actually colder in Paris than it was in London. Most mornings started out overcast and sometimes stayed that way. When my mom and grandma had visited a few years back in the winter it only sprinkled.

There were maybe three coats I didn't like (including Justin's and the people in the bottom), but the rest--including the ones who were just safe--were really quite spectacular, I thought.  I dare say that was, for me, one of the top two or three best-looking runways I've seen on PR or PRAS, and I've watched at least a dozen seasons all the way through. 

• Love 1

What was the point of the Paddington video?  How was the design challenge related to Paddington?  And how is Sam still there??

I like Alyssa Milano but every time I look at her I feel the same constipation I felt during my last trimester.