Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E05: Designing For The Duchess

• Start Topic

1. Paddington Bear's journey didn't start at Paddington Station, it started in Deepest Darkest Peru (just had to get that out there!)

Thank you.  I love Paddington Bear but I guess it almost goes without saying that the movie looks beyond infernally bad.

I liked this episode more than I thought I would. Now that Chris March is gone I no longer give a shit who wins so maybe that helps.  Agreed for once with the top three - and I think this is the very first thing I've EVER seen from Fabio that looked as cool as the clothes he makes for himself, even if I have kinda mixed feelings about the short sleeves.  I have several vintage coats with bracelet length sleeves that I really love, but they are spring/fall coats, not winter coats.  

Edited by ratgirlagogo

Fergie was booted out of the Royal Family years ago. She humiliated herself in an infamous toe sucking incident. More than likely she did All Stars for the paycheck. The fawning over her was embarrassing. Not much to say about the fashion except that I would not have put Justin's booty exposing coat in the top 3.

She was also caught on tape selling access to Prince Andrew.  Is this the first time the winning look promised to be worn by a celebrity, was chosen without that celebrity's input?

Count me as someone else who loathed Dimitry's coat. It was dour - just like him - and that skyline graphic treatment has been done to death. Was Sanjia's even a coat? I looked like a big, floppy vest. I think if Justin had closed that back panel, that he would have won. Fabio's was also incredible, and his tailoring is exceptional. Oh, and Michelle needs to STFU and use a mirror when applying her makeup.

• Love 1

While I understood what Dmitry was going for and I liked that jagged pattern in tulle laid on top of tulle, I didn't like the shape of the jacket. It was just straight down and boxy which was unflattering even on his skinny model. If he had chosen a different material, he could have made the coat more fitted.

I liked everything about Benjamin's except those stupid pockets. Not only were they see through but they were so small that you couldn't fit much in them. I'm assuming the pockets were made of vinyl which would make your hands get sweaty if you put them inside for more than few minutes. I really liked the material he used, but I was annoyed with him earlier when he said he would have to redo his entire concept because he didn't use the material he originally chose. I disagree with him about his coat being edgy though. It was cute and flattering and I loved the little skirt at the bottom which gave it a feminine look and some great movement when his model was walking.

Sonji's coat looked like a long sweatsuit jacket on the runway. I don't usually agree with Zanna but she was right about the material not translating well to the runway. I think that you couldn't see the print very well so it just looked grey. Ofcourse, when you did see the print up close, it looked terrible so this was a case of the lesser of two evils.

I didn't like Jay's coat because there were too many pieces hanging off the front which made it look like she had too many scarves on. I didn't like the pointy pieces in the back either, which looked like one of those little kid hoods with the long pointy ears. Normally I would applaud the use of color in a challenge like this but I didn't like that bright neon orange.

I hated that faux off the shoulder portion of Gunnar's coat. It also looked less like a coat and more like a dress, which makes me wonder if you could really wear a sweater or anything warm/bulky underneath it.

Sam's was boring to me. It looked like something you could already buy at the mall. I didn't love that elasticized waist in the back either. It reminded me of the waistband on toddler pants. When they brought her model back on the runway for judging, I started thinking that the front looked like she wrapped a piece of material around herself and then belted it.

I really didn't like Helen's coat. The color blocking she used on the front made it look like her model was wearing an apron over a jacket. It was also shapeless and unflattering.

I liked everything about Fabio's dress except the big blue buttons.

I couldn't see much of Michelle's coat on the runway since everything was black. At first I couldn't tell if the coat was open and the model was wearing a blackoutfit underneath or if the coat was closed. I didn't like the collar at all. I know that seems like a silly thing to nitpick but it looked like it was ripped off a different coat and got stapled on to this one.

Justin's coat was beautiful. I loved the shape and the bright red lining. On a fashion/design level, I didn't mind the back. Hey, look at my awesome ass! On a practical level, I would want to keep my butt warm (and I also like having a coat that covers my butt for situations where I have to sit in public so that there's an extra layer of protection between me and cooties).

Based on the judges' bottom three and this week's designs, I would have kept Benjamin and Jay because at least their coats looked like they were designed, as opposed to Sam's which looked like a big sloppy grey piece of material that got belted.

ETA:

Well, Sara is a lot of things, but Royal isn't one of them.  She's the divorced "commoner" of the second son.  Her {ugly} daughters are considered royal, but she is NOT considered part of the royal family.  It was embarrassing to watch Americans scream and act like they were being accorded some great privilege by having tea with a middle aged unemployed divorcee.

To be fair, reality show contestants are expected to squeal at whatever they are presented with. Several past participants on other shows have said that they were forced to re-film a scene when they weren't enthusiastic enough.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 3

Well, Sara is a lot of things, but Royal isn't one of them.  She's the divorced "commoner" of the second son.  Her {ugly} daughters are considered royal, but she is NOT considered part of the royal family.  It was embarrassing to watch Americans scream and act like they were being accorded some great privilege by having tea with a middle aged unemployed divorcee.

I suspect that no matter who walked out--Taylor Swift, Sasha Obama, Minnie Mouse--the designers would have had the same reaction of squeals and giggles  mixed with awed wonder.

And no, Fergie is no longer considered royal. I seem to recall that it was part of the divorce deal that she gave up the HRH, as did Diana after her divorce, though can still call herself Duchess (as long as she doesn't remarry, as noted above). I don't have any real problems with Fergie; I just think she was probably not the brightest bulb on the tree, incredibly unsuited for the job she acquired when she married and failed at it...the job, I mean. The marriage failed for whatever reasons. I refuse to snark kids, even ones in their 20's--they look what they look like. So do I. So does everyone on this site. Just saying.

Also thought that Dimitry's coat was interesting, yes, looked like a lab coat and that tulle wouldn't last ten seconds in the real work-which, of course, PR isn't.

• Love 11

The distinctions involved in european nobility make very little sense to me - sometimes I think they're deliberately obscure to help weed out the lower orders - but she's on the list the Palace released (I linked it above a way back) of members of the royal family, so she's at least that. Then, her inlaws aren't particularly admirable either, on the whole.

I never really thought of her as a fashion icon.

Edited by Julia
  • Love 3

The distinctions involved in european nobility make very little sense to me - sometimes I think they're deliberately obscure to help weed out the lower orders - but she's on the list the Palace released (I linked it above a way back) of members of the royal family, so she's at least that. Then, her inlaws aren't particularly admirable either, on the whole.

I never really thought of her as a fashion icon.

She was the only thing they could scrape up to drag on this show, sadly. As a big fan of European history I can tell you that all the royal families, save for the Spaniards in some cases, have adapted the rules of who and what can be considered royal due to the times and their wild husbands having babies with multiple wives, mistresses, etc. The British aren't so uptight as the Spanish or the Austrians - they didn't get heavily involved in intermarriage. It's all really boring and moot point; tracing lineages is not my main interest. I love the art and culture - I collect books on illuminated manuscripts just for their beauty.

Issac would be more use in the workroom than the worthless Zanna. Almost anyone would. Zanna seems to be competing with Alyssa for who can look the most ridiculous on this show. As are Michelle and Helen...

• Love 5

WTH did Sanji get confused and think they were going to the beach, who wears that anywhere but especially to London. I don't know if I would trust these designers to make me an outfit when the cant even dress themselves properly! Most of the time half are wearing tank tops or hideous shorts, they do remember they are on television right!

I wish someone could explain to Justin that most women don't want their butts or their ladybits showing below the hems of their clothes.  He seems like he's trying to see how short he can make his dresses without getting auf'd.  With that butt-showing coat, I think he broke his own record.

• Love 2

Zanna seems to be competing with Alyssa for who can look the most ridiculous on this show. As are Michelle and Helen...

Michelle has a head start with her stupid haircut. Both Michelle and Helen can go anytime.

• Love 4

My bottom would have been Sam, Gunnar and Sonje. All hideous. And I'd have prob booted Sam.

Dimitry was interesting and strange. I adore him, bitchiness and all, so I was worried the judges wouldn't get it. I wanted to comfort him when everyone cheered for Fabio winning. Dimitry, call me!

Overall I really wasn't blown away by any of them. I mostly cringed or shrugged during the runway.

Edited by TiredMe
  • Love 1

WTH did Sanji get confused and think they were going to the beach, who wears that anywhere but especially to London. I don't know if I would trust these designers to make me an outfit when the cant even dress themselves properly! Most of the time half are wearing tank tops or hideous shorts, they do remember they are on television right!

I liked her outfit. It's a free world - at least she's different. I would be more offended if she was wearing Uggs, jeans, and a ratty tee with ACDC scrawled on the front.

• Love 2

Apart from the raccoon eyes I thought the Duchess (or former Duchess or whatever) looked really good.

Love Fabio and thought the coat was beautifully executed, so no problem here with his win. Dmitri, on the other hand, clearly had a problem with it. I know those two have had a rivalry since their season, but I thought it was a respectful rivalry.

I remember - vaguely - liking Benjamin during his season, and I liked him here, so I was sad to see him go. I also didn't think his coat was the worst by a longshot. For me, Gunnar's coat gets that (dis)honor. Sam's had some definite flaws, but I couldn't get away from how darned comfortable and warm it looked and how much I wanted to snuggle into it during the next cold spell. I disliked Michelle's, but I tend to not be into her design POV so take that with a grain of salt. Helen's and Sonjia's didn't work for me but weren't horrible. Jay let a good idea get lost in a lot of overworking and a vest. Justin had half a fantastic coat - the front - and a mystifying back.

I never heard of the supermodel/recording artist judge, so that shows you how much I really know. I did think Debra Messing did a great job as guest judge.

I see the Beautiful Georgina makes a return next week. She's barely been involved with the show this season, and I do wonder why.

I saw no real connection to Paddington, but didn't really care either way. Is this the earliest in a season that the designers have been treated to a quick trip abroad? I'd have been as excited as any of them to be told I was going to London, even for only a day or two.

Bath Kol I agree with you on Sanji being able to wear what she wants since it is a free country. That being said I still think it was fugly and inappropriate. But I often think many of the designers look like they dragged out of bed with no chance to properly dress.

That must be the old lady in me. I always see celebrities and others and television and think my god why is your ass hanging out, or the girls on full display. Guess I am too uptight and old fashioned, must work on that.

• Love 2

I thought Sarah looked great. I always had a soft spot for her, the press has been merciless with her ever since she was a young woman and a tad pudgy and they all called her the Dutchess of Pork. Rough stuff. She's rather well known for her shitty decisionmaking too, which kind of humanizes her for me. 

I thought all the coats sucked for various reasons and that they should have added a bum panel to Justin's and given that one to Fergie.

I'm pretty sure Benjamin was talking about being on an open-air tour bus, not a traditional London double-decker public bus. I lived in London for a hot minute (and I took double-decker buses almost as much as I took the Tube, so). This episode made me miss it horribly. I wonder why none of the designers chose some sort of waterproof material for their outerwear? More than anything else it rains in London. Like all the time. I'm thinking neoprene is waterproof (or at least water-resistant) as it's used for wetsuits, but putting tulle over it kinda makes it useless as rainwear.

Zanna's entire speech to the designers was "Make it better!" I remain flummoxed that she works in fashion. She makes me pine for Tim Gunn and/or Joanna Coles.

Benjamin doomed himself with his butthurt over the fabric. Seriously dude, screw what Sonjia or anyone else is doing, just use the damn fabric YOU want to use and make it better than theirs.

No f*cking way was that Paddington Bear. 

Alyssa is kiiiinda getting there with her silhouettes though the first dress appeared to be made from 1970s VW bus curtains. Her stylist absolutely still needs to be fired asap and blacklisted from ever styling anyone again. Her massive topknot looked good in closeups, but in a full shot made her look like a conehead.

article-1384169-00430FA500000258-580_468

• Love 4

Bath Kol I agree with you on Sanji being able to wear what she wants since it is a free country. That being said I still think it was fugly and inappropriate. But I often think many of the designers look like they dragged out of bed with no chance to properly dress.

That must be the old lady in me. I always see celebrities and others and television and think my god why is your ass hanging out, or the girls on full display. Guess I am too uptight and old fashioned, must work on that.

No no, I understand. Don't feel bad. :-) I have my restrictions, too. I just thought she actually looked pretty good - I refuse to wear anything too short or so tight it hurts.

• Love 2

That's 'Muricans for you. These people wouldn't know the Eye of Sauron from a paper bag. They probably thought they were going to meet Boy George or have a seancé to call up the spirit of Lee Alexander McQueen from the grave. 'Duchess' is not apart of any of their vocabularies.

I can't say I am fan of how most designers on this show dress but if you think Americans are the only ones with terrible fashion sense you have definitely never spent any time in the UK.

I thought Dmitry's coat was a dream. Just stunning. Got a little stumped when they said it was neoprene, how warm would that jacket be? Still, gorgeous.

Neoprene is so incredibly warm! I've been surfing on 20F degree days in 45F degree water and been sweating in my 5mm wetsuit. The only thing that would concern me would be the fact that its not breathable. Unless he incorporated some kind of armpit vent or something into it you would definitely be sweating up a storm in that jacket.

Justin's reminded me of a tuxedo jacket with tails. I liked the top but I would have liked the bottom more if the long tails went straight down the back rather than off to the sides.

Add me to the list of people who hated Helen's. Those colors were horrendous.

• Love 1

What's with Michelle and her "It's Pawtington Bear!" at the beginning of the show? Is she taking diction lessons from Alyssa?

I've noticed that she has a weird way of talking this eason, like she's over-prounoncing every word--it's rather strange.

I acrually loved Dmitry's "It's the type of coat you wear in the rain.  In the LONDON rain."  He's so wonderfully dry it cracks me the hell up :):)

Helen cracked up with her idiocy about Dmitry's coat not looking like London, but more "like Oslo."  What a freakin' random comment?  Oslo?!  Seriously? 

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 3

Benjamin doomed himself with his butthurt over the fabric. Seriously dude, screw what Sonjia or anyone else is doing, just use the damn fabric YOU want to use and make it better than theirs.

Precisely. It's even worse when the designers panic because someone is using the same color, even if the fabric is different. Didn't Gretchen have a cow because someone chose a color from her 1970s kitchen color palette, a color she'd claimed as her very own? I'd love to see a challenge where everyone is required to use the same fabric and/or color. That would really highlight their creativity and construction skills.

Edited by designing1
  • Love 9

It's even worse when the designers panic because someone is using the same color, even if the fabric is different. 

Remember the battle of the plaids, Miranda vs Alexander?  You just work on making the better product.  The fabric shouldn't carry the design.

I'd love to see a challenge where everyone is required to use the same fabric and/or color. That would really highlight their creativity and construction skills.

Like this idea 1000%.

• Love 5

I wish someone could explain to Justin that most women don't want their butts or their ladybits showing below the hems of their clothes.  He seems like he's trying to see how short he can make his dresses without getting auf'd.  With that butt-showing coat, I think he broke his own record.

He often says his designs are inspired by sensory experiences related to sound and soundlessness. I imagine this coat was inspired by the sensory experience of a cold, damp wind whistling up someone's fanny.

I'm okay with Benjamin leaving, although I would have preferred Michelle or Helen, a preference which has nothing to do with design.

• Love 3

Did I hear correctly, when they were having tea with Sarah Ferguson, did Dmitry say his DAUGHTER wouldn't believe it? I rewound it a couple times and could swear that's what he said.

I was watching the episode while reading the comments and rewound that part and thought I heard that too.

I'd love to see a challenge where everyone is required to use the same fabric and/or color. That would really highlight their creativity and construction skills.

I like this idea a lot too.  The closest I remember to them doing it is when they had to design for Heidi's line of exercise wear and were restricted to using the materials already used in her line.  The problem there was that they also had to just do exercise wear.

He often says his designs are inspired by sensory experiences related to sound and soundlessness. I imagine this coat was inspired by the sensory experience of a cold, damp wind whistling up someone's fanny.

Hahaha!

Some of the "inspirations" people were claiming they had were so uninteresting... I can't remember who it was (Gunnar maybe?), but whoever designed that white plaid coat with the shoulders cut out was saying that the plaid pattern was supposed to invoke architecture. Really? I'm supposed to get "architecture" out of plaid (the most obvious pattern to choose for a "London-inspired" coat, no less) because it...has straight lines like a building does? Real creative. 

Did I hear correctly, when they were having tea with Sarah Ferguson, did Dmitry say his DAUGHTER wouldn't believe it? I rewound it a couple times and could swear that's what he said.

WHAT?! Dmitry has offspring?!

I love Paddington Bear but I guess it almost goes without saying that the movie looks beyond infernally bad.

For sure. And they couldn't have even made him cute?? He's so adorable, but the bear in those previews looks terrible. His fur looks dirty...like he got left out on the ground in a rainstorm. I can't imagine what would make them take adorable Paddington and make him look grungy. 

• Love 1

I like this idea a lot too. The closest I remember to them doing it is when they had to design for Heidi's line of exercise wear and were restricted to using the materials already used in her line. The problem there was that they also had to just do exercise wear.

When they did the pro wrestler challenge several years ago, they had to do their fabric shopping at House of Spandex, which was AWESOME. I was already cackling at the idea of everyone having to design essentially bra tops and booty shorts out of four way stretch.

I think there was one challenge in a past seasom where they all had to use satin (or possibly silk?) and some people had never worked with it before and were having problems handling the fabric.

But I agree that it would be great to have a challenge where no one could use black and/or had to use the same type of fabric to level the playing field a bit.

• Love 2

I heard Dmitry say "parents," not daughter.  Seems odd since the words don't sound alike.

I just went back and rewatched. I'm among those who heard him say "daughter" upon first airing, but on second, very careful, listen, he does indeed say "parents". I found that I did need to listen closely, though, because there's something about his accent that makes those two completely different words sound very similar to me (and apparently to others as well.)

When they did the pro wrestler challenge several years ago, they had to do their fabric shopping at House of Spandex, which was AWESOME. I was already cackling at the idea of everyone having to design essentially bra tops and booty shorts out of four way stretch.

I think there was one challenge in a past seasom where they all had to use satin (or possibly silk?) and some people had never worked with it before and were having problems handling the fabric.

I don't remember the silk/satin challenge, but I missed a few seasons (plus the show has been on for a l-o-o-o-n-g time). I can't even count the wrestler challenge since, like the one using Heidi's fabrics mentioned in a previous post, all the garments needed to function the same way. Let's give them all the same fabric and assign two designers gowns, two cocktail dresses, two sportswear, etc.

As a 'One Color" challenge, have they ever done anything for "Go Red for Women" or breast cancer awareness (all pink, all the time)?

I'll agree with what others have said: The animator responsible for Paddington Bear needs to find a new line of work. How that cuddly bear became cold and kind of creepy is beyond me.

Edited by designing1
  • Love 3

As a 'One Color" challenge, have they ever done anything for "Go Red for Women" or breast cancer awareness (all pink, all the time)?

I'll agree with what others have said: The animator responsible for Paddington Bear needs to find a new line of work. How that cuddly bear became cold and kind of creepy is beyond me.

They did the Campbell Soup for the heart attacks in women campaign red carpet thingie. It was Jay's season - I remember Mila, Mia...Suede??? or Jarrell or somebody of that ilk and Seth Aaron. They had to MAKE SURE to use the Campbell Soup logo and all red with some cream. We might be speaking of the same thing.

I never was into Paddington Bear, so I found all the squealing and screeching from a bunch of grown ass muthahooting people annoying over a PlayDoh CGI dust bunny on a screen. The only bear I want to see is Winnie the Pooh.

• Love 3

They did the Campbell Soup for the heart attacks in women campaign red carpet thingie. It was Jay's season - I remember Mila, Mia...Suede??? or Jarrell or somebody of that ilk and Seth Aaron. They had to MAKE SURE to use the Campbell Soup logo and all red with some cream. We might be speaking of the same thing.

You're right about the Campbell's Soup Go Red challenge, and here are the hideous results. I watched that season and don't recall these horrors. I think I might have selective amnesia.

Edited by designing1

Zanna's ridiculous dress and ratty hair.  It boggles the mind that she is in the fashion industry

I wonder the same thing every time she shows up on the show. How desperate is Marie Claire/PR to keep her in this gig?

Yep, this is probably the third outfit so far where he made it ridiculously short that the good china's out on display. I'm not a huge fan of his work, so I don't mind seeing him gone.

Edited by Tony
  • Love 2

You're right about the Campbell's Soup Go Red challenge, and here are the hideous results. I watched that season and don't recall these horrors. I think I might have selective amnesia.

That was a terrible challenge in terms of fug. The only thing it did and still does is making me have a serious hankering for a cheese and tomatoes.

I can't say I am fan of how most designers on this show dress but if you think Americans are the only ones with terrible fashion sense you have definitely never spent any time in the UK.

I was just joking. Ow.

Remember the battle of the plaids, Miranda vs Alexander?  You just work on making the better product.  The fabric shouldn't carry the design.

Like this idea 1000%.

Unless you're Anya.

• Love 2

I think Justin got confused by meeting a royal. He thought it had something to do with the band Queen and designed a coat that was a callback to two of their songs; a fat bottomed girl could more easily ride her bicycle with that open back.

I actually think he planned on a very high slit and didn't realize how open the coat would be until it was on the runway. I loved the front.

Helen yet again sent an incredibly unflattering look down the runway. She excels at making women's bodies look bizarre. I think she created this for Lisa Lubner's father who was born without a spine (god rest his soul).

Michelle's coat looked like something my grandmother would have worn in the 40s.

Edited by Muffyn
  • Love 2

Yes!  I was shocked to see this, too.  

I remember the Go Red challenge too.  The designers also had the challenge of working with - gasp - real women so they couldn't just design for their rail thin assigned models.  If I remember correctly, once again it wasn't the dress on the thinest model that won, as always?  

I ask someone to make a winter coat-I love the front, then I see the back-or lack of back- I will never in a million years understand how a winter coat with NO BACK is a great coat! These people really live in la la land. Sit your butt down in a freezing cold car some early morning and tell me being fashionable is more important then being WARM. Jeesh. And why, why, why do these women think shaving the sides of there heads is cute or sexy or edgy or whatever the hell they think? Looks more like whoever was cutting there hair was in there first day of beauty school and they screwed up-Bad. Now all you kids get off my lawn!

• Love 1
Issac would be more use in the workroom than the worthless Zanna. Almost anyone would. Zanna seems to be competing with Alyssa for who can look the most ridiculous on this show. As are Michelle and Helen...

I must admit I like Alyssa more than I like Heidi.  She seems more warm and personable but Zanna, yeah she's got to go.  Seeing her makes me miss Tim Gunn immensely & that includes those stupid Tim Gunn saves as well.

I watched this episode over again and I kinda like Justin's coat a bit more.  The butt flaps are still weird but a lot of women have waist or hip bone length coats that don't cover their booties so his coat doesn't bug me as much as it used to.  IDK, for cold as fudge London though I would think the butt would need to be covered. 

And again I just can't with Dmitry's coat!  I keep getting Dr. Evil from that thing.  For someone who is known for his ability to fit an outfit perfectly why did he decide to do a rectangle shaped jacket

• Love 1

Issac would be more use in the workroom than the worthless Zanna. Almost anyone would. Zanna seems to be competing with Alyssa for who can look the most ridiculous on this show

The mannequins would be more helpful than Zanna, who, on top of everything else, apparently found a crimping iron in the way back storage room at Marie Claire. However, there is the tiniest of entertainment value when she circulates through the workroom for her "critique" and most designers seem (to me) to regard her as the the pesky kid on the block you had to play with. Michelle earns very marginal points with me for seemingly outright mocking her. 80s London Calling Skipper can go away any season now.  

Why am I supposed to care what Debra Messing thinks of the coats designed for Fergie as inspired by Paddington Bear??

And what does Helen have against women's shoulders? She makes them disappear or sag in almost every outfit she creates. Nobody offered her a shoulder to cry on? 

*shows self out*

Edited by potatoradio
  • Love 5

I like Zanna but Alyssa not as much as Heidi. Heidi radiates authority.  She is in control; it is her show.  I like that.  It makes me feel safe.  Okay, that last I just threw in because I hear that so much.  **big grin**   It is annoying.  

• Love 1

I'm pretty neutral on Heidi and Alyssa. All Stars has a much lighter (read: less bitchy) tone than normal PR seasons, mainly because these people have already lived the TV experience and thus, aren't hamming it up as much. Well, except Jay. What a drama kween.

I don't like Zanna from her vibes - despite the fact she says nothing of any noticeable importance, she's there because she wants to be there. She comes off to me as a bit pinched and narrow, like she has tunnel vision when it comes to fashion and people. Not in a conservative sense, but more or less like those annoying people who love modern art/dance/music and refuse to believe it's hideous and a bit deforming to the human condition. They'll stand up for hours explaining to you that this BLANK canvas with its singular RED dot is an expression of FEAR and doubt in the midst of the emptiness that is MODERN MAN. It's not to say that is not true, but it is most certainly not the best or most beautiful way to represent an idea.

Edited by BathKol
  • Love 2

Winters in London are actually quite mild compared to most of the US.  It rarely dips below 5C and tends to hover in the 10C to 12C range in the winter.  Of course, it can often not get much warmer in the summer.  And the rain tends to be misty, but often, and barely demands an umbrella.  As I type it is 11C there and raining.  The sleeves and Justin's back aren't huge warmth issues.  I thought Justin's back just looked unflattering even on the thin model.  Also, it appeared he went with that approach because he couldn't find a design option for the back that worked with the front.  I thought it was a mess.

Michele is so ridiculous in that small fish trying to be bigger kind of way.  Wrongly pronouncing Pahddington in an attempt to sound "in the know" was embarrassing.  She's such a yokel.

Gotta love Fergie.  Despite 400+ years of trying to topple the monarchy, Fergie is the most likely to succeed in putting an end to that bunch of in-bred freeloaders.  Keep shaming them, Sarah.  

I haven't watched any of the season before this episode and stand confirmed in my conviction to avoid the remainder. 

• Love 2