Type keyword(s) to search

Positivity: What The Show Gets Right

Kromm
  • Start Topic

On 9/1/2018 at 9:51 PM, DearEvette said:

The show hasn't been able to recapture this level of pacing and excitement when it comes to the main villain arc in any of the last three seasons, but man did they do a great job in S1.

I agree that the show has never been able to recreate the excitement and intrigue of Thawne as the secret main villain in season 1, but I thought they came close with Zoom in season 2. The whole set up of having Hunter Zoloman present himself as a good guy, Jay Garrick, while really being Zoom was clever. There were some problems like Jay disappearing for episodes at a time and no one seeming to wonder where he was. Also, it was obvious that a stuntman and/or actor was in the Zoom costume, but overall, I thought it worked, especially the mystery of who was the masked man in the cell on Earth 2. Savitar didn't work as well, but at least there was a mystery about who he really was and what he really wanted. I enjoyed him more than I did DeVoe and I am definitely not enjoying Cicada.

Edited by SimoneS

Iris' office looks great! I'm glad that we spent some time there in the last episode instead of huddled in STAR Labs for most of it.

(And again, it's good that they've had more scenes set outside of STAR Labs this season; now if we could just see more of CCPD....)

Also enjoyed all the West-Allen family scenes, including both father-daughter teamups! The Flash always shines when they focus on the West-Allen family, the heart of the show.

(edited)

I definitely have a few issues with Season 6, but I think there were also many things that were good:

• The Flash suit and cowl were much improved from the previous season.
  • The pre-/post-Crisis format with two different main villains. We didn't have to sit through the team losing to one person for 20 episodes.
  • The first non-White main villain with Bloodwork.
  • Adding more women and persons of color as recurring and supporting characters.
  • Splitting up the cast so that not everyone was unnecessarily in one plot.
  • Establishing the the Central City Citizen team, and having sets for them.
  • Having more scenes set outside of STAR Labs.
  • A Cisco -focused episode!
  • Another Valentine's episode, with a central Barry & Iris plot.
  • Iris being directly connected to the main villains of the second half.
  • Candice getting to play a different version of Iris. Candice having her hair naturally curly for an episode.
  • Barry getting arcs in both halves; and seeing his CSI lab again.
  • In the COIE episode: several nice WestAllen moments; Barry getting to meet E-90 Flash, movie Flash, and Black Lightning.
  • Iris in more posters and marketing.
  • 6.01, 6.02, 6.07, 6.10, 6.11, and 6.17 being the strongest episodes overall (IMHO).

Anything else?

Edited by Trini