Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E12: 7 Chefs Compete

• Start Topic

The remaining seven chefs are challenged to make an artistic amuse-bouche inspired by speed painter Tim Decker; and later, the teams struggle with communication and getting their food out on time during a dinner service that sees one contestant sent home before the elimination ceremony begins.

Wow, have not watched the show for weeks due to my dislike of Sterling's head hung forward mouth stretched open in your face personality. Dude does not even know personal space exists. 

Could not believe he was still there...but that's solved now. This show compares so poorly to the Masterchef Junior one, it's shocking.  :)  The kids ran an equally good service last nite.

I really don't like Roe, was amazed Jennifer held up to that and I'm assuming the actually good episodes will be upcoming!

Well, I have been ungracious to Stirling, BUT, he must have been a truly different and positive person for Ramsay to do what he did. Other than the woman who hurt her foot, I don't think he's ever let someone not in 3 rd place keep the jacket.  This ole crabby gal had a little tear in her eye and once again, Ramsay shows he's not the monster many make him out to be. 

I still wouldn't want to work with Stirling, though, his personality would drive me nuts. He's kind of like Rochelle with the laughing. Nice enough people, but you want to smack them and say, 'Get serious!" 

• Love 3

Personally, I wanted Sterling to make it at least to the black jackets since I knew he had no chance in hell of winning, but really, his performance was so bad tonight, there really was no one else who could've taken the fall.

Kinda too bad, though, because I really wanted the entire Terrible Trio to get booted before the black jackets.  But alas, only Steve and Aaron leave before then.  Santos thrives on.

Rooting for LaTasha to win, at this point.  Jennifer right behind her, and then Sade.  I really don't see anyone else who can take it.  Roe's too inconsistent (though she did well tonight), Bryant's capable, but his temper is way too volatile, and Santos?  Enough said.

• Love 7

If it'd been Top Chef, the prawn heads would have been a big hit with the judges. I still cherish the episode of TCM where the judges tried to peer pressure a clearly revolted Kathie Lee Gifford into sucking on a prawn head.

Edited by Julia

I was very glad that Gordon was nice to Sterling when he let him go.  I never thought he had a real chance at winning but I did think he was about the only contestant who is sincerely a nice person in real life.  I wouldn't want to work with his goofiness but I never disliked him.  I guess I'll hope LaTasha wins now.  I can't stand Roe or Jennifer and I don't like the guys much better.  Sade needs to get her teeth fixed.  Every time they have a close up of her, I cringe.  So LaTasha it is.

• Love 4

I'm thinking it's going to be LaTasha for sure in the finals and then either Jennifer or Bryant. LaTasha has been consistent every service and challenge and has a quiet confidence. Jennifer, while strong, seems to like tooting her own horn a lot and doesn't seem like a very pleasant person to be around. Bryant reminds me of many previous male winners, his temper only seemed to show up in that one episode a couple weeks ago, so I don't think it is really an issue. Overall he has been strong and consistent. Hoping for a LaTasha/Bryant finale and I'd be okay with either winning. LaTasha seems nice though so I kind of want her to win.

• Love 2

I'm thinking it's going to be LaTasha for sure in the finals and then either Jennifer or Bryant. LaTasha has been consistent every service and challenge and has a quiet confidence. Jennifer, while strong, seems to like tooting her own horn a lot and doesn't seem like a very pleasant person to be around. Bryant reminds me of many previous male winners, his temper only seemed to show up in that one episode a couple weeks ago, so I don't think it is really an issue. Overall he has been strong and consistent. Hoping for a LaTasha/Bryant finale and I'd be okay with either winning. LaTasha seems nice though so I kind of want her to win.

Hmm.  Nope.  Still don't see the Bryant appeal, @BogoGog24.  The fact two people -- two -- have mentioned his temper tells me it will be an issue.  So I'm not even close to giving him a pass over it.  And I won't.

Edited by Donny Ketchum
  • Love 4

As annoying as Sterling might have come across (personally, I liked him), it says a lot that several of the contestants had teary eyes when Ramsey was letting him go.  Mine were a little misty too.  Seems like a genuinely nice, positive guy.  The world could use a lot more like him. 

• Love 9

I do temp work (banquets) here in Va. Beach and it's a the place Bryant used to work. He was probably there at some point when I was working but there's a lot of people in that kitchen. Anyway the point is-I asked the other chefs about Bryant and they say he is exactly like you see him on tv. I don't know what that adds but there you go..

Sterling would have driven me c-r-a-z-y. But I loved his exit. He really does have a positive attitude but dude can't cook.

Sorry but every time that hag Jennifer talked about "sucking the heads out" I laughed so loud the cat ran out of the room. Seriously??? And I knew as soon as she she started her "It's up to me to save the team" she'd fall and fall hard. Nothing like a predictable show! She's to young and to full of herself. You aren't all that girl. Take a seat. 

• Love 3

As annoying as Sterling might have come across (personally, I liked him), it says a lot that several of the contestants had teary eyes when Ramsey was letting him go.  Mine were a little misty too.  Seems like a genuinely nice, positive guy.  The world could use a lot more like him. 

I was really hoping Gordon was going to get him more education.

• Love 2

Ugh, Santos made top six. Why???

When he was describing his appetizer/amuse-bouche, I thought "Oh, you're that kind of chef." The one that thinks more ingredients = more sophisticated. I bet you dollars to donuts Sterling's tasted better. Steak and bourbon sauce? Sign me up.

Speaking of Santos, I have no idea why this show thinks it's good drama or remotely interesting to every year have one (or more) arrogant male chef(s) spout off casual misogyny like it's nothing: "We're gonna beat the girls" or "We lost to a bunch of girls." That guy almost never wins, but almost always makes it further than he should, so he just raises my blood pressure every time he's onscreen. If the guys are being prompted to say that (as there's a variation on it every single season) it needs to stop. Can't I just hate you contestants for your terrible cooking and not because you are (or agree to be portrayed as) total misogynist garbage? From Anton and Jason last year to Santos this year, I'm just so sick of That Guy.

I swear, no other reality show does this as much as Hell's Kitchen. I don't know which producer thinks it's good TV, but it's really not.

• Love 3

I was really hoping Gordon was going to get him more education.

Again, Ramsay isn't a monster. He's not going to subject the craziness that is Stirling to some unsuspecting culinary instructor.

As to the misogyny. Jeez Louise. I am listening to my DVD  collection of Hell's Kitchen again and it just bugs the heck out of me to constantly hear the men talking about doing stuff like a girl, or calling each other bitches, etc.,, it's like every derogatory statement they make toward each other has something to do with them being or not being women. I have got to think that men talk that way with each other all the time, There are too many people from too many backgrounds that speak the same way about women for it to be coincidence. It's disgusting.

Edited by aliya
  • Love 1