Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E08: The Brave And The Bold (2)

Meredith Quill
  • Start Topic

Just saw the episode and it was great. I think the thing I loved about it so much it was a true crossover. The last crossover I remember watching on television was Angel and Buffy, and they usually just went the route of having one or two characters go over to the other show. Here, we had plenty of time to see some good interactions between Team Arrow and Team Flash. It's kinda amazing how well everybody jelled together. You could almost see the entire group coexisting on one show. Even Lyla got a good scene with Oliver when I can't remember her having anything outside of Diggle before. 

Confession? I've actually been enjoying this season quite a bit, especially considering how much I hated the premiere. It's still Arrow with its various Arrow flaws. Sara's death was a huge mistake and everything with Laurel has been a catastrophe,  but on the whole, I find it much more consistent entertaining than the back-half of season two. I like the renewed emphasis on Oliver/Thea. I like that there does seem to be some effort to fix some of their women issues (ignoring the fridging of Sara), and Oliver's manpain isn't annoying me as much as it use to. Hell, even the flashbacks feel more relevant.

There's still more than half of the season to go so things can still fall off of a cliff, but Arrow's jump back to a high spot on my weekly viewing rotation.  

• Love 4

Terrific episode! Loved the light hearted banter with Caitlin and Cisco plus Barry versus Oliver. Best episode of the season. Also loved how everyone invaded the secret Arrow Cave. I hope that they do another crossover.

• Love 1

Got around to watching it (both eps). I'm so reluctant with Arrow at the moment that I waited a few days, plus I've never seen The Flash.  This is because I didn't think I could put myself through another CW show and I felt like the Arrow producers tried to force us to be interested/watch it.

However, this is the kind of episode I want to watch. It had the right mix of everything, and they beat the bad guys. Some of the aforementioned philosophizing between Barry and Oliver annoyed me a bit, but I really liked all of the characters from The Flash.  I'd heard Cisco was annoying, but I thought he was amusing. On a shallow note, the cop from L&O and the the guy in the wheelchair (Ed) are quite easy on the eye. Barry doesn't do it for me you see.  He looks about 12.

Diggle had some good moments finally. I've been missing him.  DR has quite the comic timing and does awesome facial expressions like with Roy's  'Barry walks on water?' line. That scene was so well-handled by all three actors that I laughed out loud. If they keep the show lighter like this, it works.  Everyone 'playing' in the Arrow cave was fun.

It was great to see Oliver/Felicity's relationship being normal again. Happy there was no jealous stuff with Barry.

The best thing, as mentioned, was the three women in the cave together. Lyla is an interesting character and is welcome to have more scenes as far as I'm concerned. (ETA I actually said aloud 'Don't you dare fridge another female character!' when the boomerang was implanted in her chest. I must have PTSD).

Still don't care who killed Sara, but why has the DNA shit taken so freakin long?  Reminds me of the sudden Mirikuru cure that Oliver forgot to mention. I'm not sure these writers plan out a whole lot of stuff.

I thought KC was fine in her scene, though her presence really wasn't needed and it could have been just Quentin there. They really need to do something with PB though. Total waste of an actor.

Glad we didn't see DJ Douche. So he's harassing her about the kiss now?

I have FF'd most of the HK flashbacks thus far, but watched this one. It actually had a purpose in terms of Oliver's attitude to torture.  To me a lot of island flashbacks were often retconning/fixing their screw-ups.

Am looking forward to the hiatus, so I can regroup and decide if I want to continue with this show.  They threw a spanner in the works this ep by showing what they can do if they try.  Gimme teamwork, camaraderie,  fun, good action sequences and a charismatic villain of the week. 

I hope Arrow doesn't go 'metahuman' though. Mirikuru was a failure for me and the meteor rocks of SV were just stupid. Actually a lot of Barry's tricks reminded me of Clark.  To me a human villain (and hero) is much more compelling - even a non-vigilante type. I liked where they were going with Blood last year until they... (may go to Bitterness thread once again to moan about the Sebastian Blood cock-up).

Edited by insubordination
  • Love 6

I think one of the reasons Team Flash is more light-hearted than Team Arrow is that on the Flash, it's only Barry confronting the meta-humans while Cisco and Caitlyn stay safe at Star Labs, except for that one time Felicity talked them into going out into the field to help Barry in Going Rogue.  It's easy to be sunny and cheerful when you're never getting hurt, unlike Team Arrow where all of them, even Felicity, have been hurt in the field.

In the field and in the base as this ep showed. Seriously, they have to fix the door locks to the Arrow cave and maybe turn off the Neon light saying "Arrow Cave Here". :)

I suspect seeing the Arrow team in true action, including how dangerous it is when they're all out in the field will be an eye opener for Team Flash. Hopefully they'll take some of the lessons they saw/experienced back for the inevitable Tunnel Breakout whence the baddies will be in deep in Team Flash's base. (Blackout's attack should also have been an eyeopener in that respect too).

• Love 2

The title of this episode seemed a bit off since I came up in the Bronze Age when B&B was strictly a Batman team-up comic, but I understand things have changed since then.

What did seem classically Bronze Age though was the dynamic between Flash and Green Arrow.   They had countless team-ups in the 70s and I vividly recall the sharp contrast between Green Arrow's serious and cynical disposition versus Flash's can-do optimism in almost every adventure.   Yet they remained fast friends (no pun intended!).   This episode successfully duplicated that old-time relationship.    Good job, show.

Kinda funny, though ... when I was first exposed to the team of Flash and Green Arrow, both characters were a good 20 years older than me.   Now I'm encountering them again, and they're a good 20 years younger.   Even the Flash can't match the speed with which years seem to go by.

Edited by millennium
  • Love 2

This episode was the second part of a two-part crossover with The Flash. Therefore, I'm including my transcriptions from both parts of the crossover...

The Flash 108 (Flash vs. Arrow) – Felicity is more eager than Oliver to help Barry Allen when they make a trip to Central City:
Barry: “Uh, well, since you guys are here, why don't we team up? I'll help you find your boomerang man. You can help me find my super rage-a-holic.”
Felicity: “We'd love to.” 
Oliver: “No, we'll handle our business and head home.” 
Felicity: “The fastest way to find out everything we need to know about the boomerang is to sic S.T.A.R. Labs on it.” 
Oliver: “Enough people already know my secret identity.”
Felicity: “Fine. I'll go. They already know who I am. You can drop me off, and I will meet up with you later.”
Barry: “How 'bout I give you a lift.”
(Barry picks up Felicity and speeds off.) 
Felicity: “Whoo!” 
Diggle: “Man, that's not freaking you out?”
Felicity: “My shirt's on fire!” 
Barry: “Oh, I'm sorry!” 
Felicity: “I'm glad I decided not to go braless.”
(Cisco and Caitlin enter.) 
Barry: “You guys remember Felicity?”
Cisco: “I'll always remember this.”

The Flash 108 (Flash vs. Arrow) – Oliver & Felicity have a coffee talk at Jitters in Central City:
Oliver: "Felicity, this is me, noticing you staring."
Felicity: "We need to help Barry with his case... (Oliver gives her a look)… Why don't you want to help?"
Oliver: "Because Barry really doesn't want my help.  He only thinks he does."
Felicity: "Harrison Wells and Barry's cop foster dad both said you were dangerous and a bad influence. Barry defended you."
Oliver (smiling): "You're going to hock me about this until I say 'yes', aren't you?"
Felicity (smiling): "I'm a hocker."
(Oliver stands up and walks over to Barry,)
Oliver: "OK."
Barry: "OK, what?"
Oliver: "OK, we'll help you catch your bad guy.
Barry: "Great! Metahuman."
Oliver: "I'm not calling him that, Barry."
Barry: "Partners?"
Oliver: "Partners."
(They shake hands.)

The Flash 108 (Flash vs. Arrow) – Felicity rejects Dr. Wells’ attempt to get her to reveal the Arrow’s real identity:
Dr. Wells: "Ms. Smoak, a word, if you please."
Felicity: "Hey, what's up, doc? Sorry, that was dumb. Remember, I went to M.I.T."
Dr. Wells: "Yes, you're smart. Felicity, I like to surround my team with known quantities. That is because I find the unknown to be toxic, dangerous.  Arrow is unknown."
Felicity: "I can assure you, Dr. Wells, he's not dangerous - to us."
Dr. Wells: "Of that, I have little doubt.  And yet, I find myself with a conundrum. How can I completely trust a man when I don't even know his name? So I was hoping, Ms. Smoak, that you could help me trust him. Who is he under the hood?"
Felicity: "That is not my secret to tell, Dr. Wells."
Dr. Wells: "Of course.  I'll figure it out on my own."

The Flash 108 (Flash vs. Arrow) – Dr. Wells reveals that he has figured out the Arrow’s real identity and outs Oliver to Team Flash:
Joe West: “He was acting angry. It was scary. And his eyes... they glowed.”
Caitlin: “It's possible his body is fighting off the effect. So it's hitting him slower.”
Dr. Wells: “When it comes to rage, that is not a good thing. The longer you suppress your emotions –“ 
Felicity: “The bigger the explosion.”
Joe West: “Considering what he can do, how do we even stop him?” 
Cisco: “A cold gun would come in real handy right about now.”
Joe West: “Hey!”
Cisco: “I'm just sayin'.” 
Dr. Wells: “None of us can stop Barry. Fortunately, Felicity knows someone who can. I think you better call back Oliver Queen. We're gonna need the Arrow's help.”

The Flash 108 (Flash vs. Arrow) – After Oliver shoots Barry with an arrow while training, Barry runs into Felicity at S.T.A.R. Labs:
Felicity: "Hey! How'd it go with Oliver?"
Barry: "Hey. You know, to be honest, not exactly the partnership I thought it would be."
Felicity: "Did he really do the thing with the arrows?"
Barry: "You knew he was going to shoot me?"
Felicity: "Whoa! It is practically impossible to tell when Oliver is making a joke."

The Flash 108 (Flash vs. Arrow) – Felicity gifts Team Flash with facial recognition software:
Cisco: "Hey, we just got a ping from the facial recognition software on Bivolo - a/k/a Prism."
Caitlin: "Since when do we have facial recognition software?"
Felicity: "Happy Hanukkah."

The Flash 108 (Flash vs. Arrow) – Team Flash and Team Arrow debate who will prevail in a fight between Barry and Oliver:
Caitlin: “Barry has super powers. Oliver has a bow and arrow.”
Diggle: “Do you have any idea how many people Oliver has killed with that bow and arrow?” 
Cisco: “Recurve bow arrows can travel up to 300 miles per second, so, like, 200 miles an hour. Barry can run three times that fast.” 
Diggle: “Whatever. Oliver's been doing this a lot longer. My money's on experience.” 
Cisco: “My money's on speed.” 
Felicity: “Please tell me you're not actually having this conversation right now.”

The Flash 108 (Flash vs. Arrow) – Oliver & Felicity say goodbye to Team Flash:
Oliver (to Team Flash): "My identity is a closely guarded secret known only to a few. And if it were to get out, it would endanger my family, my friends, and it would embolden my enemies to retaliate at me through them."
Felicity: "What Oliver is trying to say is that he had a lovely time working with you and getting to know each of you, and he can't wait to do it again soon."
Oliver: "Right."
Cisco: "You know, it didn't sound like that's what he was saying."
Joe West: "I may not agree with your methods, but thank you." (Shakes Oliver's hand)
Oliver: "You're welcome."

The Flash 108 (Flash vs. Arrow) – Oliver notices something off about Dr. Wells:
Dr. Wells: "Mr. Queen, I met your father once, at a charity event. One of the things we spoke of was you. I think he would be very proud of the man you've become."
Oliver: "Thank you and please, call me Oliver."
(Oliver and Felicity leave.)
Oliver: "There is something off about that guy."

The Flash 108 (Flash vs. Arrow) – At Jitters, Oliver tells Barry that guys like them don’t get the girl:
Oliver (to Barry): "There's one more thing - and you're not going to like it."
Barry: "Does it involve you shooting me in the back?"
Oliver: "No. No, the heart. (Looks over at Iris and Felicity talking) That's not going to work out for you. You need to let her go, for both of your sakes. (Looks over again at Iris and Felicity talking) Guys like us don't get the girl."

308 (The Brave and the Bold) – Felicity identifies the boomerang victim as an A.R.G.U.S. agent:
Oliver: "What about this A.R.G.U.S. angle?"
Felicity: “Oh, well, A.R.G.U.S. wiped all evidence of their agent's death after he was killed, or at least they thought they did. Our boomerang victim, Kai Wu.” 
Diggle: “The man's profile is so clean, I should have known it was an A.R.G.U.S. cover.” 
Roy: “Well, now that we know Wu is A.R.G.U.S., maybe Lyla can get us a lead?”
Diggle: “If this an A.R.G.U.S. thing, Lyla's going to want it to stay that way.” 
Oliver: “Then tell her to stop letting people get killed in my city.” 
Diggle: “You really don't care about my marriage, do you?” 
Oliver: “Well, I would… if you and Lyla were still married.” 

308 (The Brave and the Bold) – Caitlin Snow and Cisco Ramon (from Team Flash) visit Felicity at Palmer Tech; and Digger Harkness, a/k/a Captain Boomerang, attacks A.R.G.U.S.: 
Felicity: "Almost done here, Jerry. You should've gone home hours ago."
Caitlin (entering with Cisco): “Who's Jerry?”
Cisco: “This place is bigger than my apartment.”
Felicity: “What are you guys doing here?”
Caitlin: “You asked us to analyze the DNA off the arrow that killed Sara.”
Felicity: “I was just going to mail you the sample.”
Caitlin: “We had some vacation days coming –“ 
Cisco: "We want to see the Arrow Cave." 
Felicity: "We don't call it that. Ever." 
Cisco: "I want to see the toys! I need to see the toys. Do you guys have an Arrow Mobile?" 
(Cut to Arrowcave.)
Oliver (to Cisco): “Don't touch that. Or that. It's a jettisoning arrow. Uses compressed CO2 –“
Cisco: “Compressed CO2 to jettison high tensile strength polymer cables.”
Oliver: “Yep.”
Roy: “Since when did we start selling admission to the Arrowcave?”
Oliver: “It's – (To Felicity) Do you see what you've done?”
Cisco (looking at Oliver’s Arrow suit in its glass case): “Incredible. I have so many ideas for improvements. (Goes over to Arsenal suit in its glass case) And this. Oh, oh, man! This - this is the bomb. And I mean, red is so much cooler than green, am I right?”
Roy: “Hmm. I am really starting to like this guy.”
Caitlin (pointing to salmon ladder): “Hey, what's that for?”
Felicity (sighing): “Distracting me from work.”
Caitlin: “So where's Mr. Diggle?”
Roy: “He's running down a lead.” 
(Cut to A.R.G.U.S.)
Lyla: “We have this handled, Johnny.”
Diggle: “I told Oliver that already.”
Lyla: “Seriously. It's an internal A.R.G.U.S. matter.”
Diggle: “I told him that, too. Listen, sweetie, a guy who kills with boomerangs? That's a little outside you guys' wheelhouse. While exotic killers are more… our thing.”
Lyla: “You only call me ‘sweetie’ when you want something.”
Diggle: “Is it working?”
(Cut to A.R.G.U.S. lobby)
Guard: “Hang on a second.”
Harknes: “Is there a problem?”
Guard: “Something strange with your ID. I'm going to have to detain you for a minute. If that's a problem, I really don't care.”
Harkness: “You know, you should how you treat people, my friend. After all… (Shoots boomerang and takes down guard) What goes around, comes around.”
Lyla: “I appreciate the offer, Johnny, but really, we have it handled.”
(Security alarm sounds.)
Diggle: “Is that your ‘We have it handled’ alarm?”
(Harkness cuts his way through A.R.G.U.S. agents.)
Lyla: “We have a breach. Initiate lockdown protocols.”
(Cut to Arrowcave.)
Oliver: “Diggle.”
Diggle (on phone): “We have a bit of a situation here. Our man's at A.R.G.U.S. Lyla's here. Oliver, this guy? He's the real deal.”
Oliver: “Our target is storming A.R.G.U.S. and Lyla is there.”
Cisco (watching Oliver and Roy get their suits): “Mm-hmm. Bad ass. So cool!”
Caitlin: “It'll be over by the time they get there.”

308 (The Brave and the Bold) – Barry Allen drops by the Arrowcave and meets Lyla; and Oliver reluctantly agrees to another team-up with Barry:
(Caitlin and Felicity watch Barry do the salmon ladder at super speed.)
Caitlin: “How often does Oliver do this?” 
Felicity: “At least every Wednesday. There's a lot of sweating.” 
Barry: “I don't see what's so hard about that.”
Felicity: “I'm not sure she should have called you. Oliver doesn't play well with others.” 
Cisco: “Ah, come on. Barry and Oliver kicked ass last week.” 
Barry: “Yeah!” 
Cisco: “They were in, like… a league of their own.”
Felicity: “Yeah, that was, like, a one-time thing. 
Barry: "That dude was tossing exploding boomerangs. They needed some backup. And I need some dinner. That salmon ladder made me hungry for sushi." 
(Barry super-speeds off, causing papers fly off the desk.)
Felicity: "And I need to get some paper weights down here!"
Caitlin: "I should have warned you about that."
Felicity: “Yeah.”
(Oliver, Roy, Diggle and Lyla enter.)
Felicity: “Are you okay?”
Lyla: “You can’t work for A.R.G.U.S. without making a few enemies. I’m sorry to involve all of you in this… (Diggle dumps metal pieces on table) Is that A.R.G.U.S. property?”
Diggle: “It’s evidence.”
(Barry super-speeds back with his sushi.)
Caitlin: “Hey! Super identity.”
Barry: “They’re married.”
Diggle and Lyla (simultaneously): “We’re not married.”
Barry: “They’re together. Whatever. He told her about me. (Diggle shakes his head) You didn’t?”
Diggle: “I keep secrets for a living, man.”
Barry: “Uh… my bad.”
Lyla: “You’re – you’re –“
Barry: “The Flash. Sushi?”
(Lyla shakes her head.)
Oliver: “We need a location on the man who’s after Lyla. His name is Digger Harkness.”
Barry: “Well, first step is to work the evidence.”
Oliver: “Barry, can I speak to you for a moment, please? (They walk away together) I appreciate your help back at A.R.G.U.S., but we have this handled.”
(Caitlin stops Cisco from taking a picture of Oliver and Barry together.)
Barry: “You don’t want to team up again?”
Oliver: “Things work differently here. Starling City is meaner.”
Barry: “I seem to remember helping you pretty good last year, and that was without powers. I’ve been practicing everything you taught me. I – I’m casing new environments. I’m not running in blind.”
Oliver (sighing): “We do this my way.”
Barry: “Yes! This is gonna be awesome! Okay, what’s our first move?”
Oliver: “We need to reassemble the evidence. It will take some time -“
(Barry reassembles the metal pieces into five boomerangs at super speed.)
Oliver: “But it will be worth it.”
Cisco: “Raad! This are a bit more tekked-out than the one you brought to Central City. 3-D printed polymer with a circuitry weave.”
Roy: “Some of Harkness’ boomerangs exploded.”
Cisco: “Oh yeah. There are grooves in here that could definitely pack a C-4 charge.”
Caitlin: “Maybe if we figure out where Harkness got the supplies, we can use that to track him.”
Cisco: “These weren’t made by Kaboom Boomerang.
Roy: “Kaboom Boomerang?”
Cisco: “Yeah, you know. He has exploding boomerangs.”
Barry: “It’s not your best.”
Cisco: “Really? It makes perfect –“
Oliver: “Cisco! If Harkness didn’t make them, then we need to find out who did.”
Diggle: “And who he made the buy off of.”
Cisco: “Markos… You see this collapsible node design? Dead giveaway. That’s his signature.”
Oliver: “We need a location on this –“
Cisco: “Klaus Markos.”
Felicity: “No known home address or place of employment for Markos. But he was arrested last year by an Officer Quentin Lance.”
EU3kTcdUEAASocs?format=jpg

EU3kTccU0AAv6cH?format=jpg

EU3kTceU4AEwF-a?format=jpg

EU3kTccUUAA285n?format=jpg

308 (The Brave and the Bold) - Laurel meets Barry Allen:
Laurel: "Dad, I absolute understand, but my boss wants answers on what the Department is doing about the rash of B&Es on the South Side."
Quentin: "Well, you can tell them I got a whole squad on it, but they can only move so fast."
Oliver (enters with Barry): "Hello, Laurel, Detective - Captain - Cap - Captain. Sorry."
Quentin: "Don't worry about it. It's been a while."
Laurel: "Is everything okay?"
Oliver: "Oh, it's fine. This is, uh -"
Quentin: "Bart Allen, right? You get hit by a bus or something?"
Barry: "Barry. It was lightning."
Quentin: "Huh. Ow. (To Laurel) We worked together on a case last year."
Oliver: "Barry's a friend. He's in town with the Central City Police Department and I was hoping that you could help him with - he'll explain."
Quentin: "Sure."
Laurel: "Oliver? Can I talk to you for a moment?"
Oliver: "Yeah."
(Oliver and Laurel walk a little away.)
Laurel: "The Arrow was in Central City."
Oliver: "This is a follow-up. Kind of."
(Back to Quentin and Barry.)
Barry: "I'm looking to track down a suspect you apprehended last year. Klaus Markos? You know where we might be able to find him? None of his last knowns are checking out."
Quentin: "Well, I don't really keep up on the skels I busted walking the beat, you know? I'm not real sentimental that way."
Barry: "Okay. Uh, what did you arrest him for?"
Quentin: "Uhhhm... identity theft. He was using some gizmo to steal credit card numbers for the, uh, Bratva. Russian mob."

308 (The Brave and the Bold) – Lyla senses the tension between Oliver and Barry:
Lyla: "Everything all right between you and Speedy?"
Oliver: “What? Roy? Yeah, we're fine.”
Lyla (nodding toward Barry): “I meant him.”
Oliver: “Oh. We had a… difference of opinion about the way the world works.”
Lyla: “Yep. I know what that's like.” 
Oliver: “Well, sometimes they don't see it.” 
Lyla: “There are people in the world who deal only in extremes –“
Oliver: “And it would be naive to think that anything less than extreme measures will stop them.” 
Lyla: “Sometimes bravery isn't enough. Sometimes the world requires us to be bold.” 
Oliver: “Whatever the personal cost.” 
Felicity: “I got him. He's in a warehouse at the corner of Infantino and Adams.”
Lyla: “Is that –“
Felicity: “A.R.G.U.S. spy satellite? Yeah. Maybe. Thermographic imaging shows ten bodies inside.”
Diggle: “Harkness knows we're coming.”
Cisco: “I can track the cell phone's position with this.”
Oliver: “Cisco, you're with Diggle and Roy.”
Barry: “I'll race you there.”
(Oliver nods.)

308 (The Brave and the Bold) – Digger Harkness attacks Lyla, Felicity and Caitlin in the Arrowcave:
Felicity: "I swore I turned that off."
Caitlin: “What?”
Felicity: “Markos’ phone. I shut it down after I decrypted it.”
Lyla: “Did someone turn it back on remotely?”
Felicity: “And back trace the trace? We have to get out of here! Now!”
(Harkness shoots boomerang into the computer console and enters.)
Harkness: “Hello, Lyla. It's been a long time.”
(Fight ensues.)
Lyla: “Guns!” 
Felicity: “Cabinet, third drawer!” 
Harkness: “Know what I like most about boomerangs, Lyla? They're proof that things can come back to haunt you. You had a bomb in the back of my head. I have a little something special for the back of yours.”
Felicity: “Lyla! Get down! (Lyla is struck by a boomerang in the shoulder) No! (Throws explosive device at Harkness, who flees) Caitlin! Caitlin!” (Rushes over to Lyla, who’s on the floor)
Caitlin: “Stop the bleeding. I need Lidocaine.”
Felicity: “We only have epinephrine!”
Caitlin: “That'll work.”
Felicity: “Hey, hey, stay with me!”
Caitlin: “Okay. Just try and keep her awake. Can you hear me? Lyla? Lyla!”
Felicity: “Lyla? She's not breathing!”
(Diggle, Oliver, Roy, Barry and Cisco enter.)
John: “Lyla! She's not moving.”
Caitlin: “I've got her stabilized, but I can't operate on her here.”
Diggle: “Barry –“
Oliver: “Starling General's at Eighth and Wilcott.”
(Barry picks up Lyla and super-speeds out.)

308 (The Brave and the Bold) – Felicity, Roy, Cisco and Caitlin wait out Lyla’s prognosis at Verdant, where Cisco sees Thea:
Felicity: "This feels wrong. Being here feels wrong."
Roy: “Oliver needed to be alone. He made that pretty clear.”
Thea (coming up): “Three doubles, straight up. You guys okay?”
Roy: “We're just having a tough night.”
Thea: “Anything I can do to help?”
Roy: No. We're - we're good. But thanks for the night off.” (Thea leaves)
Cisco: "Yo, who was that hottie?" 
Roy: "My ex-girlfriend." 
Felicity: "Oliver's sister."
Cisco: "So stay away, is what you're saying." 
Roy: “Yeah.”
Caitlin (joining them): “She's in surgery. Mr. Diggle is with her.”
Felicity: “She going to be okay?”
Caitlin: “I hope so. She's strong.”
Cisco: “How do you guys do it? How do you guys live like this? Where anyone you care about could be struck down?” 
Caitlin: “We haven't been taking this seriously. It's all been a game. We give the bad guys code names.” 
Cisco: “I think the fact we go up against metahumans made it all kind of clean. Like, the fact that they've got these powers makes what they're doing less –“
Caitlin: “Real.”

308 (The Brave and the Bold) – Oliver blames himself for Lyla getting injured:
Oliver: "This is all my fault."
Barry: "It's really not."
Oliver: “I tortured Markos to give up that phone. None of this would have happened if it wasn't for me.” 
Barry: “I get the feeling you don't say that very often.” 
Oliver: “To do what I do, Barry, it takes... conviction. But… more often than not, it's the will to do what's ugly. Every time I do that, I'm - I'm trading away little… pieces of myself. So… you asked what's wrong with me, that's - that's what's wrong, because the part that I'm trading away is Oliver Queen. And lately I've been feeling like there is… nothing left except the Arrow.” 
Barry: “I think you're full of crap. Look, you've convinced yourself that everything you've been through took away your humanity. But I think it's because of your humanity that you made it through. You wouldn't have survived, much less come out the other end a hero - somebody who wants to do good, if you didn't have a light inside of you.”
Felicity (entering): “I'm sorry if I'm interrupting. I ran facial recognition on Harkness and I have a match.”
Oliver: “Where is he?”

308 (The Brave and the Bold) – Team Arrow and Team Flash must defuse five bombs at the same time:
Oliver: "Get on the ground!"
Harkness (laughing): “Why would I want to do that?” 
Oliver: “You hurt a friend of mine. You really think there's anywhere in the world you could run where we won't find you?” 
Harkness: “Hmm, probably not. Which is why I have a contingency in place. Five bombs planted throughout Starling. Now, you can stop me, or you can stop the bombs. But you can't do both. … Bombs are armed. In 90 seconds, this city will be on fire.”
Oliver (to Barry): “Go.” 
(Barry super-speeds away.) 
Barry (over comms): “Guys! Harkness just triggered five bombs throughout the city. We don't know where.”
Felicity: “To blanket the entire city, he'd have to use –“
Cisco: “Radio controlled IEDs. But if we key into the detonator's frequency–“
Felicity: “We can pinpoint the location of the bombs.”
(Oliver fights Harkness and pins him to a pillar.)
Barry (over comms): “I need a location! I need five locations!”
Felicity: “Five receivers.”
Cisco: “Nearest one is behind a restaurant at Faith and Flower.”
Barry (over comms): “Okay, hey, guys, I found it. I'm going to run it out of the city.”
Felicity: “Barry, wait!”
Barry (over comms): “That's not an option.”
Cisco: “We think the bombs might be linked.”
Barry (over comms): “What?”
Cisco: “Press the emblem on your suit. I installed a mini-cam there last week. Okay. You see the secondary trigger? It's not just a receiver –“
Barry (over comms): “It's a transmitter.”
Felicity: “Barry, if you try to defuse the bomb, the secondary trigger's going to transmit a signal and the rest of the bombs are going to explode.”
Roy: “We're running out of time.”
Cisco: “You have to defuse all the bombs at the same time.”
Barry (over comms): “You're thinking of multiplex. I can't be in five places at once. But I don't have to be.”
Oliver: “Stop the countdown!”
Harkness: “Go to hell.”
Oliver: “Last chance!”
Harkness: “Or what? You'll inflict pain? Ah, I can tell you've done it before, so let me ask you this - why are you hesitating?”
(Barry super-speeds Caitlin, Roy, Felicity and Cisco to four locations.)
Harkness: “Ten more seconds. We should be able to see at least, ah, three explosions from here.”
Cisco (over comms): “Okay. Everyone has to cut their wire exactly on three. 1, 2, 3! (Everyone cuts the wires on the five bombs simultaneously) Screw you, Captain Boomerang.”
Harkness: “You think you've accomplished something here? You think you not killing me makes you strong? It just means… you're weak.”
(Barry super-speeds to join Oliver.)
Oliver: “It means I have some humanity left.”
(Harkness reaches for a boomerang, and Oliver shoots an arrow to pin his hand to the pillar.)
Barry: “You just couldn't resist, could you?”

308 (The Brave and the Bold) – Team Arrow and Team Flash exchange gifts and say good-bye:
Caitlin: "Some of the STR markers on the DNA sample have degraded, but I've got a computer back at the lab that I think will help fill in the gaps."
Felicity: “Thank you, Caitlin.”
Caitlin: “I'll let you know as soon as I have the results. I'll call this time.”
Roy: “It's cool. You guys are fun.”
Cisco: “So are you guys. Well, you could be if you realized you were working under a nightclub.” 
(Oliver and Barry enter.)
Cisco: “Oh, did you guys take care of business?”
Oliver: “Digger Harkness is now cell mates with one Slade Wilson.”
Barry: “We've got a pipeline, he's got a gorgeous tropical island.”
Felicity: “With the land mines.”
Caitlin: “Hmm? Hmm?”
Oliver: “What?”
Felicity: “It's a long story.”
Barry: “What's this?” (Walks over to new glass case with mannequin inside)
Felicity: “Oliver helped me put that in while you guys were at the hospital.”
Barry: “Wait, this is for me?”
Oliver: “For the next time you're in town.”
Barry: “There'll be a next time?”
Oliver: “I'm still calling the shots.”
Barry: “We'll talk about that.”
Oliver: “Yes, we will. And then I'll call the shots.”
Cisco: “We got a gift for you, too, Oliver. Early Christmas present. Turns out S.T.A.R. Labs' industrial fabricator was based out of Starling, so… (Opens box with new green suit inside) Polymer Kevlar weave. It's 25% lighter and can carry 15% more gear. I've got designs I'm working up that I'm really excited by.”
Oliver; “It's, uh, it's subtle.”
Cisco: “I wanted to replace the hood, but, uh, Felicity said it had sentimental value.”
Oliver: “Thank you.”
Cisco: “Any time.”
Roy: “You guys headed back?”
Caitlin: “It's possible that Dr. Wells didn't sign off on us leaving town.”
Roy: “Hey, do you still, like, take the train?”
Barry: “Yeah, sure, if I feel like taking a nap. But Oliver and I have some unfinished business to take care of first.”
Caitlin: “You guys aren't going to punch each other, are you?”

308 (The Brave and the Bold) – Oliver and Barry finally face off: Oliver’s arrow versus Barry’s super speed (per script):
EU78c_lU4AM4gGR?format=jpg

EU78c_lU0AE2QtN?format=jpg

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1