Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E08: The Brave And The Bold (2)

Meredith Quill
  • Start Topic

the look and "what"(?) that Oliver gave Felicity after she made her comment about how the island prison had minefields.

Maybe I'm dumb, but I don't know why he went "what?" at her mention of the landmines. I mean, he knows that! 

• Love 2

Maybe I'm dumb, but I don't know why he went "what?" at her mention of the landmines. I mean, he knows that! 

She said it dreamily, so I think he was confused about why she mentioned the land mines so fondly. Once she said it was a long story, he remembered landing on top of her and that she was probably having nice memories of that moment. That's why he had that amused grin on his face once he realized what she was talking about.

• Love 14

Barry mentioned how he's taking Ollie's lessons to heart but he still has a lot to learn.  Capt. Boomerang had a ten second head start out of the Argus building and Barry couldn't track him down?  Of course it wouldn't be much of an episode if that happened.

• Love 1

She said it dreamily, so I think he was confused about why she mentioned the land mines so fondly. Once she said it was a long story, he remembered landing on top of her and that she was probably having nice memories of that moment. That's why he had that amused grin on his face once he realized what she was talking about.

Oh, Ok! I didn't catch the "dreamily" part lol now it makes more sense :)

One more thing I thought of, Joe probably made Barry get some therapy post trauma. Oliver, as discussed previously, really really could use therapy!!!

Ok, enough about that. I love all of Oliver's low key snarling, like asking Barry if he wasn't "over" getting shot with an arrow. They definitely play well off each other. Barry's biggest problem is cockiness and Oliver is good at smacking that down. Oliver's biggest problem is his weight of PTSD and responsibility so he plays well off sunny characters like felicity and Barry.

The Show pretty much hit us over the head with the marriage thing so the end was not exactly a surprise but as usual I love all Diggle and fam stuff. Lyla is pretty dark as a character though. The brief scene where she is talking to Oliver about the philosophy they learned from Amanda was very interesting and should lead to good stuf in the future.

I basically love Cisco now. I loved all the arrow/flash team interactions. Bravo show. Too bad we are going to be diving head first into drama and trauma next week.

• Love 6

I agree with everything that's been said about how great this episode was - awesome.

On Barry's comment about seeing his own mother killed - I didn't get the feeling he was trying to one up Oliver or equate his trauma to Oliver's. I thought it was more of an attempt to remind Oliver that he's not the only one who has suffered loss, that people can endure tragedy and still choose a path other than darkness and rage. I think it's easy when you've suffered great pain to get self-focused and lose sight of the fact that other people have pain in their lives that has an impact on them, too. That suffering may not be as great as your own, but it's still pain and it's still legitimate.

As has been noted before, Oliver tends to wallow in his man-pain. I think Barry's comment served to snap Oliver out of that cycle for a minute.

• Love 13

It was kinda jarring to watch this episode right after The Flash. One of the earlier viewers mentioned how you could immediately feel the change from one episode to the next and I agree. Sometime in the first thirty minutes, I was asking myself if Oliver was bi-polar. It was like as soon as they crossed into Starling City lines, the sun went down and the 'real world' happened. I actually wondered if Oliver viewed Central City as a vacation. He softened up as the episode went on though; that was good.

One of the Eps. said that this episode convinced them (or at least made them think) that meta-humans could work in Starling City. I'm going to have to disagree. It convinced me that they can't work in a show with Arrow as the hero. Barry could have taken out Boomerang in that first meeting. And the way he rushed ahead of Arrow to take out the low-lifes. Little too easy.

Barry is a puppy who doesn't have all his teeth yet. Very excitable. And so willing to show off, there was a couple moments I thought someone should have made him sit in a corner for five minutes for quiet time. Don't get me wrong, I love Barry. But the first thirty minutes with him were a little annoying. 

Actually, the first thirty really highlighted the inexperienced youth of Barry and the experienced scarred Oliver. Which was probably what they intended to do because they both had some lessons to learn from each other, but I did find myself enjoying the supporting characters more. I enjoyed Roy and Cisco more than I ever have. I was surprised that I liked their dynamic so much because I never would have thought it would work. Roy has really matured. It was nice. I liked the dynamic between Felicity/Lyla/Caitlyn too. I thought the boomerang scene was a great highlight for all of them. Lyla pulling the gun (even though she can't hit a target for plot reasons), Felicity knowing the Cave like the back of her hand (where the guns are/explosives) and then Caitlyn jumping in with her Doctoring. It worked well.

Love the take down of the bombs. Everyone got to be in on the action. Its amazing how much better this episode flowed then previous ones. It goes against logic because the show shouldn't work better when you add more characters to a crowded season. I'm going to contribute it to the fact that every character had a purpose within the story. That and the chemistry was so strong between the Teams (and side players, like Lyla). I do want to see more Lyla in the future. I enjoyed the conversation between her and Oliver. 

Quentin and "Bart Allen." Really loved that whole interaction. I wish there was more of it. Oliver with "Detective Captain….Captain." Running gag? I hope so. Laurel was there for an obligatory appearance for the big event.

Loved the Felicity's callback to land mine island (I took Oliver's "What?" to be in response to Felicity's slightly dreamy tone) and how Oliver didn't break his look, but instead soften to a slight smile. I also loved Felicity insisting on keeping the hood for the sentimental value. Really loved that look between the two of them after that moment. It was important.

I think DR really enjoys those family scenes with Lyla. I'm surprised at how much I like this side of Diggle because I was really against Daddy Diggle at the beginning of the season. But I think they are making it work.

Overall, I really liked the episode. The action, humor, chemistry, drama. It was all there. 

Edited by 10Eleven12
  • Love 9

Laurel is only a problem for me when she's doing something problematic so she was fine for me here. Her appearance wasn't necessary but she's still a cast member on Arrow so of course she would be there in some capacity. I will say that this episode made me question, again, how she will fit in with the team. I can't see it yet tbh. Wait and see I guess.

I don't like kids on this show but I think Diggle and Lyla are very sweet together. Their scenes were a nice change for Diggle, just like The Flash episode gave him a chance to be a bit more comedic. But I am hoping for some more action from him. Fingers crossed he puts the Arrow suit on when Oliver is absent. I'm pretty excited for that actually. 

The little scene with Felicity, Roy, Cisco and Caitlin in Verdant made me long for those scenes they used to have in Big Belly Burger. There's something normal about them hanging out and grabbing some food. I think they need to get that back. 

Someone already mentioned this up thread but I really liked the variety of sets in this episode. Seeing them in that house pre-credits and also the ARGUS building was great. It made it feel very real whereas that tiny office from last season was kind of lame. I hope they use it again. It gets a little tired with the same foundry/Verdant set all the time.

• Love 1

I have a feeling all of the ~torture is wrong~ talk in this episode has less to do with what Barry thinks and more with the show setting up the next step in Oliver's evolution as a hero. Barry was just the mouthpiece. They weren't exactly very subtle in setting up that ~torture is wrong~, even, not because of any morals the show itself might have about it , but because Amanda Waller taught Oliver how to be a torturer. And it's been established that nothing good happened in those five years, and everything Oliver is being conditioned to do in the flashbacks leads to emotionless robot killer from the pilot, and that is ~wrong~.

Deprogramming Oliver as plot advancement. It works for me. So maybe he stopped killing and went from Hood to Arrow, next step is he'll stop torturing and go from Arrow to Green Arrow.

• Love 4

Great episode. They should just do an Arrow/Flash crossover every week. Both teams work so well together.

Cisco is my favorite thing ever! So adorable.

Caitlin/Felicity is becoming one of my favorite friendships on the show.

Loved the 3 ladies kicking ass.

Diggle/Lyla are so precious. More!

I liked Roy's reaction to Barry and Team Flash.

Olicity was perfect. I love it when they don't have stupid angst, they just flow so well together.

Captain Boomerang was great. I want to see him and Slade plotting.

Barry and Oliver are so good together. I love that Barry reminded Oliver that he doesn't have to give up his life to be The Arrow. 

• Love 6

One of my favorite parts from last night:

c8Tuld5.gifeD9ER92.gif

GIF credit (X)

At some point I'd love to see the script for this scene and read the direction for it because that look went a lot longer than I thought it would. After Felicity said, "Long story,"I thought  Oliver would just smile and then look away. But he kept looking and looking and looking. It's like Oliver forgot there were other people in the Arrow cave, and it was just him and Felicity remembering their date with the landmines *smh*.

HHtSOXo.gif

GIF credit (X)

Edited by SmallScreenDiva
  • Love 18

Deprogramming Oliver as plot advancement. It works for me. So maybe he stopped killing and went from Hood to Arrow, next step is he'll stop torturing and go from Arrow to Green Arrow.

Yep, I'm OK with this happening. Because even though Oliver learned things in season 1 and 2, he's really putting things into practice now. So I'm alright with it. I always knew he'd retreat as soon as something bad happened with Felicity. In this way he will learn of himself NOT to do that, so it won't be second nature the next time he attempts a relationship.

And I actually really loved the parallel the flash backs provided because we're learning exactly where and how he was conditioned on the "island", and present day we're learning how he's unlearning these habits. LOVE IT.

• Love 3

Out of curiosity, has the Arrow Cave ever been called that in show beside last night? The only reference to "cave" I can remember is from 302 and Felicity's speech, but maybe I forgot some other instance.

Regarding the bombs, they were all rigged together. If he moved one he risked setting off the others and and he couldn't be in 5 places at the same time, hence his solution. Worked for me.

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 7
I loved Barry talking back when Oliver played the murdered mama card. He's had that card longer than you, Ollie. And points to Barry for not pointing out the "my foster father put my real father in prison" in the list of problems. He really doesn't use his personal tragedies as excuses.

But then again, Oliver failed to mention to Barry that his father blew his brains out in front of him, while they were on that life raft. Then toss in his being responsible for girlfriend Shado's brains being blown out in front of him, and lover Sara being killed. So, mind your manners, Barry. Oliver is way ahead of you on the family-tragedy and just-life-tragedy scales. Excuses? No, it's what Oliver's lived the past eight years. How can that stuff NOT affect him negatively?

• Love 5

On Barry's comment about seeing his own mother killed - I didn't get the feeling he was trying to one up Oliver or equate his trauma to Oliver's. I thought it was more of an attempt to remind Oliver that he's not the only one who has suffered loss, that people can endure tragedy and still choose a path other than darkness and rage. I think it's easy when you've suffered great pain to get self-focused and lose sight of the fact that other people have pain in their lives that has an impact on them, too. That suffering may not be as great as your own, but it's still pain and it's still legitimate.

As has been noted before, Oliver tends to wallow in his man-pain. I think Barry's comment served to snap Oliver out of that cycle for a minute.

Couldn't have said it better!

Also, Oliver was saying why he had to do things differently like torture because this was Starling City to which he started listing all the bad things that had happened to him in Starling and when Barry cut him off, I think it was also a needed reminder that bad things do happen everywhere. 

Out of curiosity, has the Arrow Cave ever been called that in show beside last night? The only reference to "cave" I can remember is from 302 and Felicity's speech, but maybe I forgot some other instance.

I think it was when Roy was first introduced to Diggle and Felicity and brought in on the secret.  Wasn't he the one who asked if they called it the Arrow Cave and Oliver said they didn't, but Felicity jumped in and said, "I do, sometimes." 

Re: Cisco upgrading Oliver's suit.  I love that Felicity upgrades Star Lab's search capabilities (in the prior week she hooked them up with software that could register a burnt up corpse and then match it to DMV records and then in the next she bumped it up to instant facial recognition software using any camera) and in return I bet we are going to get little special beauties every once and a while from Cisco.  Lol, loved him bonding with Roy over the cool RED suit.  I bet he'll send his new friend all sorts of toys to use in his arsenal.  ;)

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 6

I think it was when Roy was first introduced to Diggle and Felicity and brought in on the secret. Wasn't he the one who asked if they called it the Arrow Cave and Oliver said they didn't, but Felicity jumped in and said, "I do, sometimes."

If I remember correctly, Roy asked if they called themselves Team Arrow. Off the top of my head I can't recall any time that someone's called it the Arrow Cave, other than this episode.

ETA: Carrie Ann beat me to it. :)

Edited by El Seed
  • Love 2

Roy asked if they called this group "Team Arrow," to which Felicity responded that she does, occasionally. So yeah, she also apparently calls it the Arrow Cave sometimes, to Oliver's obvious chagrin.

Lol, we use it so often in the threads that I was sure we'd heard it in the show. 

• Love 1

Loved both eps. All the great stuff has been said so I'll just end it with this. 

I hope they can do more cast trade events more often. Felicity has already spent solo time over on Flash; a Barry/Roy ep would be great. And just bring Team Flash without Barry back to Starling for some reason. (Maybe Palmer will stop in at Star Labs at some point once Atom gets going). The cast interacts so smoothly together, it's like one big cast; I hope the show runners can take advantage of it in the future.

• Love 9

I do have a question though - when/why/how does Caitlin (and I assume all of Team Flash) know that the Canary is dead and that she was Sara?  Did that come up in Felicity's crossover to The Flash and I just don't recall?  I was surprised when the Canary's death was mentioned by name at the end of The Flash portion of the cross, then even more surprised when Caitilin used Sara's name last night.  I feel like I've totally forgotten a reference somewhere.

I remember that Felicity specifically referred to "the Canary"'s death when she asked Caitlin to do the DNA analysis, because I thought at the time 'oh good, she's being careful not to reveal anyone else's secret identity'.  But I don't remember anyone mentioning Sara Lance's name in either episode.  I could be wrong, so maybe someone can re-watch the two episodes and check.

• Love 1

Yeah, Captain Boomerang might be a Flash villain (is he even a captain?  Did they mention Harkness' rank?), but I thought he fit in quite well on this show, too.

I know it's the fanboy in me, but I would love these crossovers to be an annual thing.  The casts from both shows really clicked and it seemed like they were having fun.

• Love 4

I remember that Felicity specifically referred to "the Canary"'s death when she asked Caitlin to do the DNA analysis, because I thought at the time 'oh good, she's being careful not to reveal anyone else's secret identity'.  But I don't remember anyone mentioning Sara Lance's name in either episode.  I could be wrong, so maybe someone can re-watch the two episodes and check.

I just finished rewatching. :) Caitlin says Sara's name in the scene in Felicity's office at [not]QC.

• Love 1

I just finished rewatching. :) Caitlin says Sara's name in the scene in Felicity's office at [not]QC.

Telling Team Flash about Sara/Canary must be yet another one of those conversations that took place off the screen... sigh.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

I remember that Felicity specifically referred to "the Canary"'s death when she asked Caitlin to do the DNA analysis, because I thought at the time 'oh good, she's being careful not to reveal anyone else's secret identity'. 

But isn't the fact that the Canary is dead supposed to be a secret, too?  And why did Caitin nod like it wasn't the first time Felicity had referenced it? That's what confused me.  It felt like I missed (or forgot) a scene where Felicity tells Caitlin about the Canary's death.

Thanks for checking dancingnancy.  That's just odd.  And yet another bunch of people who know before Quentin...

• Love 2

But isn't the fact that the Canary is dead supposed to be a secret, too? And why did Caitin nod like it wasn't the first time Felicity had referenced it? That's what confused me. It felt like I missed (or forgot) a scene where Felicity tells Caitlin about the Canary's death.

So when Felicity said "It's getting really hard to keep track of who knows whose secret identity." in 2X17, Birds of Prey, the writers were referencing themselves. Maybe they should keep a list, or a flowchart, or something.

• Love 8

I liked the dynamic between Felicity/Lyla/Caitlyn too. I thought the boomerang scene was a great highlight for all of them. Lyla pulling the gun (even though she can't hit a target for plot reasons), Felicity knowing the Cave like the back of her hand (where the guns are/explosives) and then Caitlyn jumping in with her Doctoring. It worked well.

Okay, Boomerang was there, too, but it was really great to have an action scene with three women. I can't even remember the last time that happened (on any show).

• Love 4

Really loved this episode

Bwahahaha! Random Argus operative calling Oliver a "jerk wad"

Barry, you missed the entire point of the salmon ladder. It is not about going so fast, you can't see anything.  Nope, the salmon ladder needs a sexy, shirtless, sweaty guy slowing going from rung to rung.  Basically, Oliver still owns the salmon ladder, now go sit down.

I liked Oliver and Lyla's discussion about bravery not always being enough even if I don't necessarily agree with it.

Lyla, Felicity and Caitlin fighting off Harkness in the Foundry was made of win.  We need more Lyla on the show.  I would totally watch Felicity/Caitlin talking science stuff every couple of episodes.  

Roy and Cisco were fun too.  Go figure!

Barry telling Oliver some home truths may have actually sunk in a bit.

Putting Harkness and Slade in the same prison totally won't backfire at all. :)

Lyla and Diggle are getting married.  Although I was enjoying all the jokes about their unmarried status.

Dear Quentin, Sara is dead.  Sincerely, a viewer who is tired of everyone knowing, but you!

Oliver and Felicity were adorable.

"This is all your fault"  Felicity taps her earring and gives Oliver a look that basically says "your mouth is moving, but I'm completely ignoring your nonsense right now"

"A tropical island with land mines" "What"  "It's a long story"  Hee!

I was going to change the hood, but Felicity said it had sentimental value.  RIP…Shado and Yao Fei 

Apparently clothes only catch on fire in Central City when hitching a ride with Barry. Good to know.

Amanda Waller, you are the absolute worst.

Edited by MsSchadenfreude
  • Love 10

Though he did know Oliver used to kill people.  That could make his problem with torture come across as hypocritical.

As others have said, I think Barry knows dark things in theory while Oliver knows them in practice.

I did like Barry calling Oliver out on the "my mother was murdered in front of me"  because while it's true that Oliver wins the competition in terms of awful things that have happened to them. Oliver uses it as a justification to push the light away.  It makes him even more psychologically damaged.  As Viktor Frankl said, you have no control over what happens to you, all you can control is how you deal with it. 

On that not so plus side. I'm irrationally annoyed that Barry has a storage unit for his suit but Oliver doesn't get that favor returned in Central City.  I honestly felt like this was an extended Flash episode more than an even crossover.

I'm hoping Barry will reciprocate when Oliver next visits -- if Wells will let him.  Oliver runs his Arrowcave, Wells runs Star Labs.

Oliver referred to Sara as "a woman I loved" to Barry.  So he loved Sara.  I assume he still loves Laurel as a friend at least.  He loves Thea as a sibling.  He probably loves Diggle and cares for Roy.  And we know he's in love with Felicity (at least for this season).  For someone who thought he had lost his humanity, he sure loves a lot of people - which makes his self-sacrificing, martyr complex even more BS.

-- If ARGUS now knows about the Flash, wouldn't Waller want to try to commandeer Barry for her own purposes?  If she's ruthless enough to destroy Starling City and kill millions of people, then she should be ruthless enough to kidnap Barry.

I think Barry is better emotionally protected by Joe and Wells than Oliver was.  She can't turn him as she did Oliver because he'd just flash away.

Finally, I loved how seamlessly both teams were blended together.  Barry, Oliver, Cisco, Caitlyn, Diggle, Lyla, Felicity, Roy .... they all seemed like they were one supportive, well-functioning team.  Kudos to the writers.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 1

My impression of the scene where Barry talks about his Mom's murder was that Barry was saying that Starling City doesn't own the market on bad stuff happening (i.e. he wasn't comparing his trauma to Oliver's, but was saying that crime and murder don't just happen in Starling).  My personal opinion is that, regardless of the circumstances, it's more traumatic for a young child to lose his parents than for an adult to do so.  A kid being orphaned is a very particular kind of tragedy with far-reaching psychological consequences.  Oliver's trauma all happened to him as an adult, so while the awful things that have happened to him are obviously much worse than what's happened to Barry, Barry's trauma still shouldn't be minimised or underestimated.  But comparing tragedies is unhelpful.  It's enough to point out that bad stuff happens everywhere and affects everyone, and Oliver shouldn't think that what happened to him gives him a free pass to do awful things in his turn.  Break that cycle of abuse, Oliver!

With regards to the sun supposedly not shining in Starling, all I can say is: "Oliver, try going out during the daytime sometime!  The sun does not shine at night, old thing. Change your working hours and prepare to be amazed."  We don't get nearly as many daytime scenes as I'd like on Arrow, but the ones we do get seem pretty sunny to me.

I'm assuming a day or two passes between them capturing Boomerang and the final scene in the cave.  Felicity had to tootle off and buy another glass case and mannequin (with her own money, I assume?) for Barry's suit, in between having an actual job.  Cisco had to get a new Arrow suit made up for Oliver.  And Boomerang had to be shipped off to the South China Sea (if Oliver took him personally, that round trip would have taken well over a day).  I'm surprised ARGUS didn't insist on taking Boomerang back into their custody, though.  Or maybe they did, and they took him off to the island for Oliver?  I do wish they'd explain how that stupid island prison works, though.  It's even sillier than Oliver suddenly being poor, Felicity never having time to sleep, and Roy having a job which requires him to work at night (exchanging "When does he sleep?" for "How does he do Team Arrow stuff and work simultaneously?").

ETA: One question: How did Barry stick the pieces of exploded boomerang back together?  I didn't see him using any glue or anything (which would still have taken time to dry anyway).  Or does having super-speed somehow give you the power to fuse substances back together too?

Edited by Ceylon5
  • Love 1

First time Arrow watcher, not a bad  show.  While the first half of the crossover definitely had more wow moments, I felt this was a better show all around since the story was more cohesive.  As opposed to the first half, it actually felt like Flash was needed needed by Arrow and the gang.

I was a bit disappointed not to get that much of the infamousl Laurel, I've heard so much about her that I wanted to se her in action.

The addition of Flash seemed to sideline Arrow's sidekick, I'll call him Robin. He was just limited to exposition guy.  Diggle didn't fare much better but at least he had the wife storyline ( while we're at it, I'm a bit annoyed that Arrow recurring characters know of Flash's identity but not his bff but that's for the other board). But I could be wrong about the structure since I don't know how the characters are normally used. I also had a problem with all the philosophizing. I got it the first time that the shows were different, there was no need to beat a dead horse.

To add to the discussion of Barry's supposed suffering in comparison to Oliver's. While I do agree that the stuff that happened to Barry is not even on the same planet as the stuff that happened to Oliver, it is comparable. However, all of Barry's stuff happened to him at a fairly young age, with numerous people calling him either delusional , a liar, or worse. Regardless,I still think his point stood, don't use the tragedies in your life to justify torture because you're not the only one that suffered.

On a final note, if I was on a train and some superhero a-hole spirited me away from a train making me late, I'd be so pissed.

• Love 10

I'm assuming a day or two passes between them capturing Boomerang and the final scene in the cave.  Felicity had to tootle off and buy another glass case and mannequin (with her own money, I assume?) for Barry's suit, in between having an actual job.  Cisco had to get a new Arrow suit made up for Oliver.  And Boomerang had to be shipped off to the South China Sea (if Oliver took him personally, that round trip would have taken well over a day).  I'm surprised ARGUS didn't insist on taking Boomerang back into their custody, though.  Or maybe they did, and they took him off to the island for Oliver?  I do wish they'd explain how that stupid island prison works, though.  It's even sillier than Oliver suddenly being poor, Felicity never having time to sleep, and Roy having a job which requires him to work at night (exchanging "When does he sleep?" for "How does he do Team Arrow stuff and work simultaneously?").

ETA: One question: How did Barry stick the pieces of exploded boomerang back together?  I didn't see him using any glue or anything (which would still have taken time to dry anyway).  Or does having super-speed somehow give you the power to fuse substances back together too?

Maybe superspeed jiggled the atoms on the boomerang around as Barry whipped them together, causing them to re-form into a a solid bond.  I can buy that easier than the ever-frustrating finances of Oliver and his team.  Does he give Felicity an allowance to buy stuff for the Arrow cave?  And why is it Felicity's job to outfit it?  Do we assume that because she's the girl?  Or because she's the only one organized enough?  Because she's the only one with a full time job outside the Team.

I assume ARGUS took Boomerang back to put in their super secret secure (at least till the season finale) cell.  But if they were willing to kill him earlier, and he just killed a whole bunch of their people, why didn't they kill him now?  They can't be developing a conscience over this.  Inquiring minds want to know.

The addition of Flash seemed to sideline Arrow's sidekick, I'll call him Robin. He was just limited to exposition guy.

Which was kind of fun for me since he so often doesn't get to say much. 

Something else that popped into my mind.  Cisco and Caitlyn showed up at Felicity's job.  They must know what she does as a job since they knew to show up there but I'm surprised nobody commented on the fact that she manages to juggle all the Arrow stuff, plus trips to Central City, plus her work as a VP of a major corporation. 

Edited by BkWurm1

Re: Barry's case/mannequin, maybe when Felicity refurbished the lair after the Undertaking, she got a good deal on bulk cases/mannequins and they're sitting in storage just waiting for the next bad guy/dream fight/new vigilante to come rolling through and either break it or need one (although, they're going to need a bigger lair if they keep picking up vigilantes). 

As for why people are assuming Felicity took care of it, I figure it's because she bought a lot of this stuff the first time around so she would know where and how to replace it.

As for why people are assuming Felicity took care of it, I figure it's because she bought a lot of this stuff the first time around so she would know where and how to replace it.

Because Diggle's too busy and I wouldn't trust Oliver to remember or Roy to do it right.

• Love 2

Something else that popped into my mind. Cisco and Caitlyn showed up at Felicity's job. They must know what she does as a job since they knew to show up there but I'm surprised nobody commented on the fact that she manages to juggle all the Arrow stuff, plus trips to Central City, plus her work as a VP of a major corporation.

I was thinking about this as well.

One of the big differences between Arrow and Flash is that Diggle, Felicity , Roy and Oliver(used to) all need to actually work a real job and then do their nighttime job as vigilantes. Flash is the only one with two jobs. Caitlin, Dr. Wells and Cisco only have the job at Star Labs. must be nice. Which is to say that's why the Arrow works mostly nights and the Flash mostly days.

In other words Team Arrow has a much harder job, a lot less sleep and no life outside their two jobs. They all are heroes because of their dedication. Flash just has Barry.

Edited by BunsenBurner
  • Love 1

I was a bit disappointed not to get that much of the infamousl Laurel, I've heard so much about her that I wanted to se her in action.

I feel like if you're a first time watcher who's only seen season 3, you'd probably really like Laurel! :) But if you want to see her in all her infamous glory you'd need to watch seasons 1 and 2! 

I'm glad you liked the episodes! Arrow tends to be a really soapy dark and broody show that can come off as ridiculously cheesy but season 2 is really great and makes it worth the watch

I think one of the reasons Team Flash is more light-hearted than Team Arrow is that on the Flash, it's only Barry confronting the meta-humans while Cisco and Caitlyn stay safe at Star Labs, except for that one time Felicity talked them into going out into the field to help Barry in Going Rogue.  It's easy to be sunny and cheerful when you're never getting hurt, unlike Team Arrow where all of them, even Felicity, have been hurt in the field.

One of the big differences between Arrow and Flash is that Diggle, Felicity , Roy and Oliver(used to) all need to actually work a real job and then do their nighttime job as vigilantes. Flash is the only one with two jobs. Caitlin, Dr. Wells and Cisco only have the job at Star Labs. must be nice. Which is to say that's why the Arrow works mostly nights and the Flash mostly days.

In other words Team Arrow has a much harder job, a lot less sleep and no life outside their two jobs. They all are heroes because of their dedication. Flash just has Barry.

At this point, Felicity is the only one working two full-time jobs.  Roy has a part-time one with Thea, Diggle's got the baby when the nanny isn't working and Oliver is just vigilanting and working out.  I just saw a documentary on how much harder women work now that they have two full time jobs (office and household) and it's funny to see the expectation even on this show.

• Love 2

I keep finding new things I like. The latest: Oliver tells Cisco twice not to touch his arrows. They move on and a little while later Cisco pokes another one and mouths "Ow!" and half turns his head like he'll get in trouble with Oliver.

I liked the team dynamics better in this one, although part one wins for best dialogue.

• Love 1

When Oliver showed up at Marcos' place, the bad guys were all tied up and Barry said "I had eight seconds to kill."  I wonder if they picked eight seconds on purpose, since that's the amount of time a rodeo rider needs to stay on before the buzzer goes

When Oliver showed up at Marcos' place, the bad guys were all tied up and Barry said "I had eight seconds to kill."  I wonder if they picked eight seconds on purpose, since that's the amount of time a rodeo rider needs to stay on before the buzzer goes

3x08 Arrow, 1x08 Flash..

both episodes were the 8th episode of the season for both shows. so i'm gonna go and guess it's a wink for the fans, sort of.

Edited by foreverevolving
  • Love 2