Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: 7th Floor Nurses Station

• Start Topic

yo. If we do migrate here for the most part I vote we keep it one thread. Several sections I find usually slows down main discussion and can make for factions. my two cents. I will mostly post at twop till it's done though. I think haha. does anyone know if we can gossip here? about backstage I mean. Sadly we were usually shut down over at twop before we could dissect the real juicy tidbits!

I concur with the continuous thread idea. Can we create a gossip/backstage thread.

PilatesFun, hnee & tallyrand, the more the merrier when it comes to the snark.

Edited by BestestAuntEver
  • Love 2

Hey everyone, I'm here and keeping my name. But you'd probably recognize me when I started gushing about Ava and Ava/Morgan. I'll keep with TWoP until the bitter end. I have a relationship with that place. But I'll probably be both places, I don't want to miss anything.

So, are the rules the same or are there any differences?

Edited by tvgoddess
  • Love 3

Oooh! I love the idea of a backstage thread. I still miss the one they closed down at TWoP. And let me give MUCH LOVE to the fact that I can finally give unlimited likes to all of y'all's posts. Yay!!

I agree on having kind of one continuous thread for discussion of the show. But now we have freedom to create those cool little off shoots like they had in "big forum shows." Like, a game thread for the show, or a "creative pursuits" thread for those who like to rec and read fanfic, etc. Oooh!! maybe a thread for just plotting Twitter mayhem against Ron.

• Love 4

Fellow TWoPper, checking in!

Random question: why does Emme Rylan let her arms like dead weight no matter what is being discussed?

(Watching today's episode as I join the roster here. It just feels right.)

• Love 1

Okay, just to let y'all know, I asked Glark (I think it was him), about starting a gossip type thread. And he replied that we can, as long as if it's spoilery related, that the thread indicate that it is, and for us to be civil. I'm not too keen on it, because behind the scenes/gossip, which tend to unsubstantiated lend to "fighting" and arguing over well if x didn't say so and such, then y wouldn't have left and all that bullshit.

But, we have permission to start one.

Like tvgoddess, I'm staying with TWoP until May 31, just because.

I'll be going back and forth between here and TWoP until the end of May as well. 

As for separate threads, I think there could be some value in having some for some of the topics that tend to keep coming up so that they don't dominate over conversation of what's currently going on in the show.  For example, the re-hashing of Liz's past comes up fairly regularly, so a thread devoted to that might make sense so as to keep it from derailing the ongoing show conversation.  It might also be fun to have like a GH History thread where people can go to discuss old school GH stuff or ask questions about things that happened before they started watching the show?  

So disappointed that AJ woke up for Carly's shrill self.  I so wish he would have woken up to Michael saying something like "I need you to come back to me, Dad."  Ron never lets us have nice things. 

Hi! nice to see everybody. I vote for keeping just one discussion, at least at first. On the nighttime show forums at twop, I would only ever read the episode thread, there were too many others and I probably missed some interesting stuff. Though, conversely, I can also see the value of "Liz: saint or slut."

• Love 2

Hello *wave* following over from TWOP, though I'll be going back and forth.

I think from Friday's promo that AJ is going to share the "who shot me" news. I can't see her doing the right thing about it though. If she did, I'd of course die of shock.

Edited by scotlore

There is no way that Carly will do the right thing, but she will enjoy torturing Sonny over it forever. Actually Sonny might just be better off turning himself in rather than dealing with the Shagbeast.

• Love 1

Why is Nathan so upset about Nina having supposedly died (though I don't believe it)?  If she's been in  a coma for 20 years, he was just a little boy the last time he saw her, it's not like she was a sister he grew up with, she's more like an idea of a sister.

TWoP person moving over. Let me just get this out here to start. Enough baby hijinks, it has dragged on too long. Enough mob drama. They should chill out on the pet actresses unless they are going to have good storylines.

Hi all Reo from TWOP here, longtime lurker and occasional poster since the early 2000's. GH is my longtime guilty pleasure.  Good to see everyone showing up!

Awesome to have PreviouslyTV to welcome us after TWOP's untimely demise, thanks to everyone who set it up.  The site looks great.  Would gladly pay a little money to view without the ads, though.

I vote for one main thread, with separate threads for the extensive debates on characters and their behaviors.  Liz: Saint or Slut is brilliant.  And of course at least we can give Backstage a try.  Let's face it, there's a little of the voyeur in all of us.  After all, we watch Gh, don't we?

And yes, Sonny ruins everything.

Edited by Reo
  • Love 1

I was linds09, now I am pawspawsmeow. I think we need a Q appreciation thread, gossip thread, and character threads. Maybe a Guza vs Cartini thread too. I'll check in and out, but this board is already fun. Let the bar ware fly!

• Love 1

Part of me thinks we should have a number of different threads, some part of me, no.  Though I wouldn't be adverse to, say, a board similar to the DD IL one.  Even if 99% of the "drops" are pure bullshit.

I think we should have a spoiler thread. That way we can discuss the spoiler without having to tag & everyone that wants to remain spoiler free can. I'll leave the clever naming to one of you brilliant people.

Also when I first joined the other site, there use to be a link that chronicaled the names, abbreviations & phrases we frequently use. It helped out a lot to know the lingo as a newbie.

I don't have a good vibe about today's show from the previews. I already don't like Carly. The writers had her say the crap about hurting those that hurt her kids, spewing that crap at AJ while he was in a coma, & now apparently finding out about Sonny shooting AJ. How do TPTB think I'm suppose to take this?. This is why, I felt shit for Carly when they did the Joss needs a transplant storyline. I'm a freaking nurse & all I could muster up was "so or bitch, please"

I think we should have a spoiler thread. That way we can discuss the spoiler without having to tag & everyone that wants to remain spoiler free can. I'll leave the clever naming to one of you brilliant people.

That's what David (Head Mod) said to do--that we can create a separate spoiler thread, but to make sure that the word spoiler is in the titles.

I like the idea of having a thread that defines what acronyms mean, because a lot of the times I've found myself re-reading to figure out who the hell these people are. Of course I'm old school and absolutely LOATHE the name mashups, because I think it's just laziness, but to each their own.

Makes me feel a bit better to see all my GH TWoP friends over here, but I will probably still be popping back and forth until May, still in denial. The show yesterday was so boring! I need all baby stories to cease immediately!

Hi everyone. My twop name was dianewannabee. Looking forward to more snark over here!

Does anyone know if there is a way to go directly to the last post that you read like on TWoP or will you always go back to the first post in the thread? That was a great new feature at TWoP.

Edited by tvfanatic13

The star or speech bubble icon next to a thread will be yellow if there are new posts since you last read it, and you can click on that icon to take you to the last-read post.

I did see this icon on my laptop & it works. My phone automatically goes to the new post.

Color me disappointed that Dante and Lulu will be getting Ben back, which is odd to say because it's their biological child. But I cannot stand either of them, and I really was warming up to the idea of Nikolas, Britt, and Ben (along with Spencer) being one big family.  Instead, that Shrieking Banshee and Serpico get to raise Ben in that ugly loft. Can't someone refreeze Lulu?  

Robin, hurry up and get on that cure for Stavros! 

Edited by Stinger97
  • Love 1

Color me disappointed that Dante and Lulu will be getting Ben back, which is odd to say because it's their biological child.

I know I should be happy that Dante and Lulu have their baby back, but Lulu's baby rabies and whining about being cured by karma or whatever has gotten so old that I don't care.  It's the Nina of storylines for me.

I really think the storyline would have been a lot more interesting had Ben been Dante/Brits, anyway.  I mean you have Lulu and Nik both participating in the raising of the child.  You have the kid who is not quite a prince.  It was a lot more interesting than couple gets their happily ever after baby.    

Happy to see this place is getting busier! 

I'm watching yesterday's show right now (shh, don't tell my boss!) and I am really not digging these Silas/Sam/Madeline scenes. This is just such a pointless story. Does Sam even talk to her family anymore? Why the hell is she not even expressing sympathy for her cousin Nicholas right now?

Ava does look fab in red, but if this Connie murder isn't solved soon I might explode.

I really think the storyline would have been a lot more interesting had Ben been Dante/Brits, anyway.  I mean you have Lulu and Nik both participating in the raising of the child.  You have the kid who is not quite a prince.  It was a lot more interesting than couple gets their happily ever after baby.   

Agreed.  The baby being Dante's and Britt's would have made for a more interesting, messy, soapy story.

As it is, they did absolutely NOTHING with the part of the story where they thought the baby was only Dante's.  No angst for them as a couple, no breakdown from Lulu, just more of the whining she was already doing.  What again was the point of the split reveals?

I don't know . . . I thought Lulu was at least gonna hold the hospital daycare hostage or something, heh. I suspect Lulu and Dante will either be backburnered or sent off completely by the end of the year. I don't think Carlivati cares enough to give them actual story/new romances. 

I hope they don't send Dante and Lulu off into the sunset. I like actually having a semi-stable couple on the show right now. I wish Lulu would take her job at PCPD back (though I know it won't happen now that she has a baby) - there is so much drama to be mined from them working at the same place. Dante and Lulu should be the adventure couple, who stick together through thick and thin (most of the time) and have crazy fun/zany adventures throughout Port Charles and the world. 

Honestly, that's just who I think Lulu should be as the spunky daughter of Luke & Laura, but I like her and Dante together and would want them involved in the adventures together.

• Love 2

I hope they don't send Dante and Lulu off into the sunset. I like actually having a semi-stable couple on the show right now. I wish Lulu would take her job at PCPD back (though I know it won't happen now that she has a baby) - there is so much drama to be mined from them working at the same place. Dante and Lulu should be the adventure couple, who stick together through thick and thin (most of the time) and have crazy fun/zany adventures throughout Port Charles and the world.

I would me more inclined to agree with that if JMB was still in the role. However, with ER and her obnoxious baby rabies, I just want the two of them gone. Dante is so damn intense about everything, while at the same time being holier than thou.  Whenever the two of them are on screen (together or alone), I have to mute it for fear of having a rage-induced heart attack. 

Dante, I'm sure, will end up helping Sonny avoid prosecution for shooting AJ.

Lulu will probably end up being a talk-to for Nikolas (pushing him towards Liz) and maybe Maxie.

You're killing me, teevee, you're killing me. I'm hoping they stay out of each other's sphere's for the most part.

I hope they don't send Dante and Lulu off into the sunset. I like actually having a semi-stable couple on the show right now. I wish Lulu would take her job at PCPD back (though I know it won't happen now that she has a baby) - there is so much drama to be mined from them working at the same place.

I think it would be better if her job was as a reporter, there'd be more conflict to mine that way. But Lulu has switched jobs a little too many times now.