Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E07: Gone Girl

This whole thing is made up. Last season, when Tori was in the hospital, Dean took care of all 4 kids with only the help of a friend or two, plus the nannies we never got to see before this episode. Tori never said anything about worrying about how the kids were being taken care of. Yet, now we're supposed to believe that she has all this super anxiety over leaving the kids with Dean. Two of the kids are in school all day, and the other two are in school or daycare at least part of the time. And they have at least the one nanny to help.

And I'm wondering who rehab chick is that Dean is so insistent on getting her a job inside their house. They said she had interviewed for a job there before as well. I think Dean is a multiple cheater and I would wonder about this "friend". And what is this friend up that she never got another job in between and is just endlessly hanging out, waiting for Dean to find her a job?

The whole Candy and Tatum thing was bizarre, but super entertaining. Tatum was totally high.

• Love 2

Yet, now we're supposed to believe that she has all this super anxiety over leaving the kids with Dean. Two of the kids are in school all day, and the other two are in school or daycare at least part of the time. And they have at least the one nanny to help.

Hospital stays put all the attention on Tori.  An overnight trip with friends make her look less devoted and self sacrificing, so of course she must stress over Dean staying with the kids.  

I'd never watched any of Tori's programs.  Not 90210, not any of her other "reality" programs.  However, i was bored one night and happened on this show mid season.  I have to admit, I'm addicted to watching this train wreck and all of her meltdowns over nothing.  I feel terrible for her children, but if ever two people deserved each other, it's Tori and Dean.  

• Love 3

I can only imagine that the cash is worth it to them at this point; because real or fake, this can't be doing anything but ruining whatever "career" future they might have had.

Say the whole thing is fake (and, unfortunately for them, many/most of us can totally picture that as plausible). What marvelous display of acting do they think will wow future casting directors? Future project collaborators? Future project funders? (They should be run out of town for the hilarious scenes w/Guru Whatshisname alone.)

What about the damage they must be doing to their children in the process, even those who may - MAY - be old enough to understand that "mommy and daddy are faking it?"

Either the pay day is REALLY great, or they're REALLY that hard up. Or they're really that delusional. :)

I feel confident in declaring that this show will help the careers of Tori and Dean about as much as Lindsay Lohan's reality show on OWN helped her career.

The phrase "more harm than good" comes to mind.  

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 12

I think actually this show has more truth in it than any of their early reality shows.  It turns out she hid her issues and problems pretty well.  True Tori has only exposed how crazy she is, and we know she didn't just get to this point this year--it seems she has always been that way.  Though I agree certain scenarios are made up in regard to child care, conveniently forgetting nannies, and wondering if friends are made up friends or real friends, I think the core of Tori's issues have definitely come out, and I agree it will not help her career a bit!

• Love 7

I was actually going to ask if Tori has always acted like this, because she is completely insufferable. Every single episode she is freaking out, whining, getting migraines, and generally being a pain in the ass. I feel so sorry for her children. Did Dean ever end up getting that vasectomy? These people need to stop breeding. As far as the recent episode, Tatum O'Neal's behavior was beyond weird at that party, and Tori should have asked her what the hell her problem was instead of kissing her ass, and saying how much she admires her... I mean, really?!

I'm tempted to watch (tonight's - 12/9 - episode.oops.) But after watching the preview, I'm afraid for my TV. It might end up with a hiking boot through the screen.

Good heavens. This woman's self-absorption and COMPLETE lack of self-awareness are endless.

Edited by RealityCowgirl
  • Love 2

I just watched this episode. I've only seen a few episodes of this show. I read this thread tbough, you guys crack me up.

What in the ever loving fuck was up with Tori begging her friend to let her wear her crown so she can see her mother?!

Really....what the hell was that? She's pathetic. She looked ridiculous with or without the crown so that doesn't matter.

If she wanted to wear it, why did she need permission? And why did she "need" to wear it to see her mom?

I always kind of liked Tori. I liked her in her other reality shows and she just seemed like she'd be a sweet person. I didn't agree with how she got with Dean but that's not my business, she didn't cheat on me.

I can't stand her now. Other than money why the hell is she doing this show? She's just awful.

After reading Tatum O'Neal's book I have sympathy for her and she was in Little Darlings which came out when I was 15 and my friends and I saw about 30 times, so I have a bit of a soft spot for her. She wasn't as bad as I expected.

Edited to say: I couldn't believe how stupid Tori acted at the pumpkin patch. Stuff like that happens and the kid wasn't hurt.

I once, at a pumpkin patch ironically kneed my then 4 year old daughter in the face and bloodied her lip. I was kneeling down and she bent over just as I was standing up and got her right in the mouth.

Tori would have thought I was the worst mom in the world. I felt horrible of course and she got lots of popsicles that night but I knew that shit happens with kids.

Calm the hell down Tori.

Edited by Maharincess
  • Love 4

Oh. My.

Is this show for real?  I stumbled upon the show tonight and can't believe this Dean and Tori are even  the same people I watched when they were running? or owned? a Bed and Breakfast maybe 8 years ago...I guess that is ancient history for Reality TV, but gosh I thought they were kind of a cute pair back then (and uh, yeah even funny and ummm somewhat interesting).

What the hell happened??? Tori looks like she is 60 years old and dying of some wasting disease, and Dean looks like a skid row alkie with a chronic W.C. Field cabbage nose...Christ on a Cracker, I have never seen people age so quickly or poorly that are public entertainment figures.  Aren't they in their early to mid forties?

Anyhoo, I guess I have found a new snark hobby for the Holidays...the possibilities seem endless!  Especially since the Duggars are a bore fest and the Jersey Girls and prison are a little too real for my taste.

Can't wait to read all y'all's past posts regarding this hot mess of a couple.  What a great XMAS present!

• Love 1

This last episode almost made me worry for Tori. I am one of those who used to enjoy her reality shows but her exchange with Mehran about how she does not enjoy anything anymore made me worry about whether she needs to be on antidepressants. Or at least, to have a therapist who cares about something other than her own appearance on TV. Tori is pathetic, yes, but she is coming across as so diminished from who she used to be. That ought to worry her and those who care about her.

I think both she and Dean should be on antidepressants, and I think Dean should see his own therapist.  I wouldn't be surprised if Tori is experiencing PPD, and the fact that she spends so much time with medical doctors and her therapist and no one can figure this out, makes me pity her.

Did anyone see the Access Hollywood on Tuesday where Tori was plugging this week's episode?  Apparently Dean was somewhere in the studio but refused to come and talk to Billy & Kat because of their parody reading of Dean's love note to Mary Jo a few weeks ago.

I'm starting to think that Dean's refusal to continue with the show may be more than a ploy.  Tori was on Meredith Vieira's show, and Meredith mentioned that Dean was somewhere in the studio.  It would seem he only came to support Tori, and chose not to take part in anything on camera.  It's possible that that's why he didn't appear on AH, even though he was present.

From what I read in Tori's first book, I think Candy and Aaron were just emotionally unavailable when Tori was a kid. She got most of her parental needs met by her nanny, which both Candy and Aaron (I'm not sure why Tori gives him a pass on this) should take the blame for, but complaining about this at age 40 isn't a good look for anyone. Really the only thing she can do now is try to give her kids a more emotionally fulfilling environment than she had, which is obviously not happening.

I just find it funny that, according to her book, her favorite childhood passtime was to go to the beach with Candy to look for sea shells. Candy would buy perfect sea shells and hide them in the sand for Tori to find, so it's not as if Tori was completely ignored and not taken into consideration by her at all.

I think that Tori is slowly coming to realize the negative part that Aaron played in her childhood.  I think it's the only growth she's shown in a decade.  It's no secret that Candy had a poor relationship with her own mother, and then history repeated itself with Candy and Tori.  Tori has stated she now realizes that Aaron deliberately pitted wife and daughter against each other.  I think learning this about Aaron was hard, because she always idolized him, and I'm sure he was more than happy to be the "good guy" and encourage her to place all blame on her mother.  I believe that Candy is the one who originally tried to explain this to Tori.

The story about the sea shells does not convince me that Candy was a loving mother.  I think the operative word about the sea shells was "perfect".  Instead of nurturing Tori and spending mother/daughter time and searching for real shells, she does it the easy way that all neglectful rich parents do.  Have them shipped in, have servants bury them, and probably have the nanny take Tori to find them.  Very similar to Aaron paying to have real snow shipped to their house.  It's spoiling your kids with things instead of giving then the nurturing and love that they need.  The only good they did was provide a consistent loving nanny.  But of course Candy was jealous of their relationship.  If you're jealous of your child care provider and you believe your child loves the nanny more than you (hello Mariah Carey), the problem is with your mothering skills, not the child or nanny.

Tatum o Neal ? WTF she looks like hell .

I've noticed that, over time, as people grow to strongly dislike Tori, they conclude that Candy Spelling must be the better person.  Candy has never fooled me.  I think she enjoys the fact that she intimidates Tori, and I think she has always withheld approval and affection.  Candy bringing Tatum O'Neal to Hattie's party, and then sitting back while Tatum harassed Dean about Tori, speaks volumes to me.  It reminds me of how Camille Grammar used to demurely sit quietly while her attack dog went after those she disliked

• Love 3

Because she is a huge black hole of narcissism.

Yet she has friends who are all more attractive than she is...especially Jess (the dark haired girl, who's gorgeous).

I think she's totally dysmorphic, as well as, you know, generally delusional.

Candy has never fooled me.  I think she enjoys the fact that she intimidates Tori, and I think she has always withheld approval and affection.  

I wonder if she was the inspiration for this.

Edited by MargDelahunty

bhwahahahahahaha.  Tori looked so freaking stupid in her get up.   Add Tatum.  I would love to watch a lunch with Tatum, Candi, MJ and black winged Tori. 

ETA:  At the first winery, did anyone else notice Tori's chin implant?  While she was talking about red wine staining her ugly hair?  Someone, look at it again. 

Also, I have no experience with rehab = but does it seem like Tori is driving Dean to just relapse? 

Did she ever think this would possibly turn out to have "Save Dean" shirts at a swap meet?

Dean, I know what I would tell her when she came home is sell the fucking shit in storage so we can go back to Tahiti and write more nonsense on barf bags. 

It's clearly late-in-the-day, because I read "MJ" & thought about how cool a lunch with Tatum, Candy, black-winged Tori & Michael Jackson! Don't tell Tori, though, she'll be crying because he died and didn't leave her enough.

• Love 2