Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E07: Gone Girl

Persickety

Just about the time I manage to squick out a fraction of a iota of sympathy for Dean-O, he does something so completely boneheaded that I immediately loathe him again.

You have 4 young children.  Busy, active, playful children.

You need a sitter for 8 days or however long filming is.

Do you:

A. Call the local service who has thoroughly vetted their applicants, can usually send someone over on very short notice, and has experience in dealing with celebrity clientele.

B. Call some random chick you met in rehab who clearly has/had some sort of substance abuse issue and could conceivably relapse at any moment...Including under the stress of watching 4 busy, active, playful children (and a random rehab chick your wife doesn't approve of, just to make the choice extra-special).

What a fucking idiot.

What normal person (and I realize Dean-O and Tori are far from normal) would hire someone they met in REHAB to watch their children?

I'm not even being judgmental here as I have many good friends who have been through rehab for various reasons.  I love their company but, damn, I'd be pretty hard-pressed to ever entrust my children's safety with them for hours on end every day, especially when I had the resources to call an agency and get someone verified, reliable, with a bucketful of references, who had worked with celebrities previously and knew about confidentiality and other such issues.

Okay maybe that random chick would never, ever, ever relapse...But why would you take that chance with the safety and well-being of your children?

Again, what a fucking idiot.

If he wants to be self-destructive with his own fucknuttery, that's one thing, but don't subject the children to less than the best care your (Tori's) money can buy. 

Edited by Persnickety1, Today. 2:14 am.

So true!  I am furious with Dean that He was so dense as to make me side with Tori on this. Dean may have a lot of good qualities as a parent, but he is not that bright.  This huge lapse in judgment, makes me question if he is safe to leave the children with.   Could there be any two more screwed up parents?  

I wonder if Tori realizes that her psychologically induced illnesses are a treatable condition.  They are resistant to treatment, but they are treatable.  She needs inpatient care to get it under control.  Her condition is just as harmful to the kids as living with an alcoholic.  I hope she gets that. 

• Love 6

I don't think Dean was thinking it completely through but I am not going to side with Tori mainly because she said she told him no to this "chick" twice but we know how wishy-washy she usually is.  And while I wouldn't pick someone just months out of rehab to watch my kid alone, chances are "chick" wouldn't be alone with the children, she would just be an extra set of hands helping out the current sitter(s) for a little over a week, along with Tori (?? correct?? Tori doesn't have a job over the 8 days Dean is filming CSI)  Personally, I think "chick" just may be more stabile than Tori (someone who can't get food down her own throat).  And doesn't this shatter the whole illusion of season 1 & how Tori did it all on her own while Dean was in rehab & then filming Chopped: Canada?  8 days should be no problem after all that

Speaking of CSI, Dean is supposed to be filming his part starting the next day, correct?  Tori conveniently needs to be taken to Urgent Care? Is this when she has her time in the hospital, too, or is that a separate incident?

• Love 4

For some reason, Tori seems to think that Mary Jo and she are kindred spirits, you know, both having been cheated on by Dean and all.  On the other hand, having Mary Jo around stresses her out big time, so thus the dilemma of how she can make Mary Jo her BFF when, at the same time, the woman is giving her "migraines".  Hey, its not easy being Tori!

Candi mentioned things she learned about herself in therapy, so Tori needs to make an appointment with Candi's therapist stat, because she sure isn't getting anything out of her sessions with Wexler.  Of course, Tori doesn't want to hear the truth, she just wants an enabler. 

Edited by parisprincess
  • Love 7
And while I wouldn't pick someone just months out of rehab to watch my kid alone, chances are "chick" wouldn't be alone with the children, she would just be an extra set of hands helping out the current sitter(s) for a little over a week, along with Tori (?? correct?? Tori doesn't have a job over the 8 days Dean is filming CSI)

Good point. I wonder if Tori just didn't want the chick around HER, because she's insecure that the rehab girl may have bonded more with Dean in those few weeks than Tori has in their entire 8 year relationship. 

• Love 4

Oh, almost forgot about this.

When the production crew were interviewing the babysitter about Rehab Chick, what the fresh hell was she saying?

I admittedly had some distractions in the room, but did I hear her correctly that Rehab Chick had become upset because Dean had misled her and Tori was not there to interview her as well, and so she left?

It was something she was saying right before old Dean-O had the meltdown and apparently took Rehab Chick's release from producers so they couldn't use anything she had said?

That entire situation just smacks of skeeviness to me, from him hiring an acquaintance from rehab to entrust with his kids to his flying off the handle when he discovered Rehab Chick had signed a release and apparently had a little on-camera tete a tete with production.  

BTW, I'm on neither team.  I think they're both incredibly selfish assholes.  

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 8

Whenever Dean is getting ready to be called out on his BS, he resorts to the 4 D's: distortion, distraction, destruction and DENIAL.  lol  It's like when he was so upset that he was being misrepresented by Mary Jo's words.    LOL  Hey Dean, all anyone has to do is look at what you do and they know what you are.  No one needs to rely on what Mary Jo says!  He's hysterical.  

• Love 4

Since we know Tori employs nannies, wouldn't the agency that staffed them be able to help place temporary help? The nanny agencies vet out potential candidates so that is a much smarter route than finding your own help off craigslist or pulling in rando acquaintances. There is a big difference between "babysitting" a couple of kids after school and "babysitting" 4 kids between the ages of 7 and 2, and a recent rehab-er probably doesn't have the skill set at this point to handle that level of responsibility.

So why would Dean bring a woman to the house that Tori doesn't like, and film all of this, like Tori would never find out? Did this even happen? Tori would have known the film crew would be at her house that day so Dean would be on good behavior. We didn't see the text messages or exactly what Dean was ripping up. Look at how long TT dragged out the Charlie storyline this season just to have him not appear on camera. All of that bother over Tori's boobs last episode and the topic is dropped. 2 episodes ago, Dean bans Mary Jo from future appearances on the show, and here she is again at the party like nothing happened. This whole season, if not the whole series just seems like a bunch of smoke and mirrors.

• Love 7

Tori is a fucking loon if she thinks that she and Mary Jo have some type of bond.  There is no bond.  There is only the fact that MJ was once Dean's wife that he cheated on and Tori is now Dean's wife that he has cheated on.  That's it.   They don't need to have a bond and they don't need to be besties or friends.  They need to be polite and civil with one another for Jack's sake. 

I'm with ghoulina (I think?) wondering why exactly yet another babysitter is needed for 8 days.  Dean went to Canada for something like 2 months and the fuss wasn't this big.  He'll be in Vegas for a week.  Hell, he could fly home several times, or even daily, if he wanted to and could afford it.  The flight isn't even an hour. 

Besides that, having a recovering addict watching your children may not be the best thing.  Four children can be rambunctious and the stress in that House of Doom would send a teetotaler to the closest bar.

Tori's "friends" never bothered me much before but I wanted to throat punch each of them at Hattie's birthday party.  Once Dean started talking to her about her mother, every one of them should have excused themselves and gotten the eff outta there.  I don't blame Dean one bit for getting frustrated and walking off.  I would have done the same.  My ex used to do the same to me - - totally ignore what I was saying to give full attention to friends and respond to them.  It's rude and disrespectful and I think it shows that Tori has zero respect for Dean. 

That little girls trip was painful.  I would be pissed if I was expecting to have a fun little wine trip and the entire thing became about one person's neverending drama.  They could have stayed home for that.  Tori is so damn skinny they should have skipped the wineries and instead visited various delis to eat.  Mehran is completely over her.  I'm sure he wished he had taken Charlie in the divorce by now.

I have no words for Tatum O'Neal.  That was completely inexplicable and she is clearly a lifetime card carrying member of the Crazy Pants Club.  Showing up is strange enough but then to take off her dress and insert herself into the drama.  Ugh.  Okay, so I had a few words.

I think I posted this on the thread for the previous episodes or in the media thread but I just don't see how Tori and Dean are going to stay together.  Both of them are miserable (although Tori does seem to enjoy punishing Dean.)  Liam and Stella don't seem happy.  Dean was absolutely correct when he said he will never be able to do anything right in Tori's eyes.  He won't.   There was even a link on Yahoo this morning with an article suggesting their road together was coming to an end.

• Love 6

I was just thinking about Tori's friends. Kate looked so beyond done on that chair, but then she always 100% backs up the crazy or inserts herself in almost wildly. She also thin and crazy like and I wonder if she's on something. Or money lol.

Courteney seems to be nearing the end of this BS because she's now saying things that Tori doesn't like.

We all know Mehran is done. That whole trip he was just sitting with his shades and trying to disappear.

• Love 1

All of that bother over Tori's boobs last episode and the topic is dropped. 2 episodes ago, Dean bans Mary Jo from future appearances on the show, and here she is again at the party like nothing happened. This whole season, if not the whole series just seems like a bunch of smoke and mirrors.

Yeah, I noticed that, too.  Dean was furious about Tori and Mary Jo's conversation about him, and he then angrily and adamantly declared that Mary Jo would no longer be allowed to film.  Yet, this episode, he was completely agreeable to having her attend the birthday party and be on camera.

And the storyline about Tori's overdue medical needs seems to have been quickly dropped.  (Her breast-implants situation is frightening.)

Along these lines, it also seems that nothing came of Dean's sobbing breakdown with the guru.  It seemed to be business-as-usual shortly thereafter.

• Love 1
Dean was furious about Tori and Mary Jo's conversation about him, and he then angrily and adamantly declared that Mary Jo would no longer be allowed to film.  Yet, this episode, he was completely agreeable to having her attend the birthday party and be on camera.

I wonder if the episodes aren't being shown in actual order of when they were filmed?   Maybe Hattie's birthday was before Jack's party.

• Love 4

For some reason, Tori seems to think that Mary Jo and she are kindred spirits, you know, both having been cheated on by Dean and all.  On the other hand, having Mary Jo around stresses her out big time, so thus the dilemma of how she can make Mary Jo her BFF when, at the same time, the woman is giving her "migraines".  Hey, its not easy being Tori!

Candi mentioned things she learned about herself in therapy, so Tori needs to make an appointment with Candi's therapist stat, because she sure isn't getting anything out of her sessions with Wexler.  Of course, Tori doesn't want to hear the truth, she just wants an enabler. 

This is insane even for Tori. Yes, they were both cheated on by Dean which might create something of a bond except for.............oh yeah you, Tori are the skank he cheated on her with!  

It is mentioned upthread about the take on this train wreck by The Soup, and I have yet to hear a positive comment about this. I realize Tori is totally delusional, but does she not have internet access? Can she not see that this show is ruining her "career"? I mean I get she's not Meryl Streep, but there are a fair number of people who either didn't much care about her, or actually kind of liked her. Now , it seems everyone sees her as the self absorbed spoiled, crazy beast she is.

There is no way in hell that Dean would still be there without at least the possibility of some of that Spelling money coming his way. No way.   

Edited by chlban
  • Love 5
It is mentioned upthread about the take on this train wreck by The Soup, and I have yet to hear a positive comment about this. I realize Tori is totally delusional, but does she not have internet access? Can she not see that this show is ruining her "career"? I mean I get she's not Meryl Streep, but there are a fair number of people who either didn't much care about her, or actually kind of liked her. Now , it seems everyone sees her as the self absorbed spoiled, crazy beast she is.

I think being on camera has become like a drug to Tori. She is addicted. It doesn't matter, at this point, if it's only doing her damage....she just can't stop.

• Love 6

I've frequently wondered why, considering her father's immense talents behind the camera, and her own experience in front of the camera, Tori (who readily admits she does not have a..."camera friendly" face and who we all know has extremely acting skills) never tried any behind-the-scene film and television work.

That could be as big (or in many cases even bigger) money-maker for her than selling her soul (and those of her children) in reality television.

If she truly is broke, that ship has probably unfortunately sailed but, at some point when she still had ready funds, trying her hand at producing might have been more lucrative for her...And less humiliating as well.  

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 3

Persnickity, I think she produced Mystery Girls. 

I wonder if the episodes aren't being shown in actual order of when they were filmed?   Maybe Hattie's birthday was before Jack's party.

Didn't I read that the whole 'season' was filmed over a period of a month?  If that's right, then the dropping of events, like Tori's medical situation and Dean's boo hoo fest seem even more bizarre.

I do think Tori and Mary Jo have a bond but not the one that Tori thinks they should have.  The bond/friendship/whatever should have happened years ago and be over the well-being of Jack - especially since Jack seemingly spends a good amount of time at Tori's house.  Bonding over your cheating husband that was cheating when you met him doesn't even make any sense. 

It is mentioned upthread about the take on this train wreck by The Soup, and I have yet to hear a positive comment about this. I realize Tori is totally delusional, but does she not have internet access? Can she not see that this show is ruining her "career"? I mean I get she's not Meryl Streep, but there are a fair number of people who either didn't much care about her, or actually kind of liked her. Now , it seems everyone sees her as the self absorbed spoiled, crazy beast she is.

There is no way in hell that Dean would still be there without at least the possibility of some of that Spelling money coming his way. No way.   

I'm not sure if Tori's acting career had much to ruin but I think this show has absolutely ruined her reality show career - at least for me.  It's so awful compared to the ones of the past it's like night and day or more accurately, light and dark.  I don't generally even mind dark but watching a 41 year old mother behave like a crazed teenager isn't really entertaining.  Neither is watching someone's marriage disintegrate - although I am watching it so what do I know. 

There is no way in hell that Dean would still be there without at least the possibility of some of that Spelling money coming his way. No way.

You are probably right. Candy can't live forever although I think she's only in her sixties now.  I'm not so sure though that Dean would be willing to leave the kids.  I know he already left two kids (and didn't seem to have a problem leaving them again for a 90 day "rehab" stint) but that was almost a decade ago and he  was leaving them for something he probably thought was better.  I don't think he would have begged Tori to let him move back in if he had anywhere else to go. 

So now he can't really leave without the kids (the kids would be his meal ticket for one thing) and the only shot at getting the kids and child support would be a super expensive attorney.   And who knows if Candy might decide to send an even better attorney to fight it?  Blood is thicker and all that stuff and she's probably not going to have her grandchildren living in a two bedroom apartment with a father who isn't really interested in working for a living. 

• Love 2

I think being on camera has become like a drug to Tori. She is addicted. It doesn't matter, at this point, if it's only doing her damage....she just can't stop.

Exactly. This show and being on TV in general has become another aspect of her illness like the hoarding, hypochondria, melodramatic fits, eating disorder, etc., etc. Tori loves having the vehicle of the show to air her grievances with Dean and everyone else, stage scenes in which her "friends" help her advance the various narratives that she wants people to believe about her, and generally maintain any shred of social relevance. The show has become this weird external manifestation of her neuroses that feeds her endless need for attention. Her captive audience that usually only includes her family, friends, and employees is increased exponentially.

It is mentioned upthread about the take on this train wreck by The Soup, and I have yet to hear a positive comment about this. I realize Tori is totally delusional, but does she not have internet access? Can she not see that this show is ruining her "career"? I mean I get she's not Meryl Streep, but there are a fair number of people who either didn't much care about her, or actually kind of liked her. Now , it seems everyone sees her as the self absorbed spoiled, crazy beast she is.

I find this odd too. On one level, I think this show is Tori's sole/primary source of income so I think that underlies a lot of her denial and delusion about it. She seems to be really struggling emotionally, which seems to have greatly dulled her enthusiasm for the various business ventures she had going a few years ago. She doesn't seem to have the energy to hustle like that anymore and I think she was hoping that this show and Mystery Girls would work out so that she could coast for a while. Now she only has this train wreck and she has to stick with it.

I would guess that she avoids reading anything negative about herself online or it would make no sense how she goes around talking about this show like it's not a huge joke. I looked at the comments on her own website about the show and they were overwhelmingly negative. I think most celebrities delete disparaging comments from their websites or at least shut down comments if that's 90% of what's coming in, so I wonder whether anyone is even monitoring her site beyond minimal maintenance.

• Love 4

I would guess that she avoids reading anything negative about herself online or it would make no sense how she goes around talking about this show like it's not a huge joke. 

If she avoids anything negative about herself, there is pretty much nothing else for her to read. Unless she writes it herself.

• Love 5

This last episode almost made me worry for Tori. I am one of those who used to enjoy her reality shows but her exchange with Mehran about how she does not enjoy anything anymore made me worry about whether she needs to be on antidepressants. Or at least, to have a therapist who cares about something other than her own appearance on TV. Tori is pathetic, yes, but she is coming across as so diminished from who she used to be. That ought to worry her and those who care about her.

• Love 7

I really like her friend Courteney.  She is a wise girl, and stays positive yet tells Tori the truth.  Not sure why she is so loyal to the T, but she is a good friend to have.  Jess and her husband seem cool too.  All of them are finally seeing tori as being unfair to Dean.  That's what is so interesting about this show--- the villian has become the victim, and the victim has become the oppressor. 

• Love 7

I really like her friend Courteney.  She is a wise girl, and stays positive yet tells Tori the truth.  Not sure why she is so loyal to the T, but she is a good friend to have.  Jess and her husband seem cool too.  All of them are finally seeing tori as being unfair to Dean.  That's what is so interesting about this show--- the villian has become the victim, and the victim has become the oppressor. 

It is my absolute belief that Courtney is being paid to be on the show, & if she knew Tori before being on the show, it was as a makeup artist. I don't think she's a real friend, just a paid friend for the show.

• Love 5

It is my absolute belief that Courtney is being paid to be on the show, & if she knew Tori before being on the show, it was as a makeup artist. I don't think she's a real friend, just a paid friend for the show.

Isn't she supposed to have kids who go to school with Tori and Dean's kids?

If so, I've never believed that.  I'm thinking makeup artist/hair stylist/random peripheral acquaintance who's getting paid to be on the show and listen to Tori's multiple and sundry woes.

If that's the case, whatever she's getting paid isn't enough.  

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 8

Setting aside the issue of Candy for a moment, what I don't understand is why, if it stresses her out so much, Tori invites Mary Jo to the kids' parties? 

Because cameras are there.  

Does anyone know if this has been picked up for a Season 3?  This just occurred to me......does anyone think this whole Mary Jo bonding exercise might be setting her up to be a regular for the next season?  I know it's kinda random, but I remember when Tori came back from her meeting with Mary Jo over the note, and Dean flipped out and declared that he didn't want Mary Jo on the show "anymore", like there was some longer term plan to bring her into future storylines.  Maybe reading a little too much into it.

Did anyone see the Access Hollywood on Tuesday where Tori was plugging this week's episode?  Apparently Dean was somewhere in the studio but refused to come and talk to Billy & Kat because of their parody reading of Dean's love note to Mary Jo a few weeks ago.

Edited by Thula
  • Love 1

I've frequently wondered why, considering her father's immense talents behind the camera, and her own experience in front of the camera, Tori (who readily admits she does not have a..."camera friendly" face and who we all know has extremely acting skills) never tried any behind-the-scene film and television work.

That could be as big (or in many cases even bigger) money-maker for her than selling her soul (and those of her children) in reality television.

If she truly is broke, that ship has probably unfortunately sailed but, at some point when she still had ready funds, trying her hand at producing might have been more lucrative for her...And less humiliating as well.  

Persnickity, I think she produced Mystery Girls. 

Didn't I read that the whole 'season' was filmed over a period of a month?  If that's right, then the dropping of events, like Tori's medical situation and Dean's boo hoo fest seem even more bizarre.

I do think Tori and Mary Jo have a bond but not the one that Tori thinks they should have.  The bond/friendship/whatever should have happened years ago and be over the well-being of Jack - especially since Jack seemingly spends a good amount of time at Tori's house.  Bonding over your cheating husband that was cheating when you met him doesn't even make any sense. 

I'm not sure if Tori's acting career had much to ruin but I think this show has absolutely ruined her reality show career - at least for me.  It's so awful compared to the ones of the past it's like night and day or more accurately, light and dark.  I don't generally even mind dark but watching a 41 year old mother behave like a crazed teenager isn't really entertaining.  Neither is watching someone's marriage disintegrate - although I am watching it so what do I know. 

You are probably right. Candy can't live forever although I think she's only in her sixties now.  I'm not so sure though that Dean would be willing to leave the kids.  I know he already left two kids (and didn't seem to have a problem leaving them again for a 90 day "rehab" stint) but that was almost a decade ago and he  was leaving them for something he probably thought was better.  I don't think he would have begged Tori to let him move back in if he had anywhere else to go. 

So now he can't really leave without the kids (the kids would be his meal ticket for one thing) and the only shot at getting the kids and child support would be a super expensive attorney.   And who knows if Candy might decide to send an even better attorney to fight it?  Blood is thicker and all that stuff and she's probably not going to have her grandchildren living in a two bedroom apartment with a father who isn't really interested in working for a living. 

Didn't Tori also produce So Notorious?

Regardless, I remember thinking her children's clothing line was cute.  She should have stuck with that.  Heck, she could have kept that InvenTORI store, at least online and had some good money coming in.

This last episode almost made me worry for Tori. I am one of those who used to enjoy her reality shows but her exchange with Mehran about how she does not enjoy anything anymore made me worry about whether she needs to be on antidepressants. Or at least, to have a therapist who cares about something other than her own appearance on TV. Tori is pathetic, yes, but she is coming across as so diminished from who she used to be. That ought to worry her and those who care about her.

I barely remember her saying that probably because I tuned her out when it was nothing but wah, wah, wah.  It definitely is something to be concerned about though.  She always seemed happy and into her businesses (jewelry, clothing, crafts, etc.) so she clearly needs to get back into that.  Given that her acting career has stalled, I'm not surprised that she would be depressed.  Honestly, what does she DO all day?  She has a nanny/nannies so she's not taking care of Hattie and Finn by herself while Liam and Stella are in school.  I know it sounds repetitive but she needs to get back into her crafts and her businesses.  At least then she'll have a focus and direction, other than her kids.

• Love 3

I've had frequent migraines, for decades, that I describe as brain-scramblers: I can move, but they do a number on my function, thinking, etc., if not squashed quickly.(Also my share of auras and some so bad I thought they were strokes.) Normally, I'd cut her some slack if she doesn't automatically respond as many others here have described from their experiences.

But here's what she's done to herself:

Her wild hysteria over Every. Little. Thing. has created an environment where it's hard to believe her when she's telling the truth or feel sympathy on the rare occasion when she's not exaggerating.

That's all on her.

Edited by RealityCowgirl
  • Love 10

Tori definitely has a weird obsession with adults needing "permission" to do any damn little thing. The control over Dean stuff is just obvious. But how strange was it when she was practically in tears like a toddler begging Kate to let her put her crown back on so she can say hello to her mother--and having to promise Kate that she'll take it off right away after mommy sees what a pretty fairy princess she is, I suppose. And then even crazier was Mehran saying not to waste $5 on the Smurf bus because all these little things add up. And then she says she's going to tell the kids all about the Smurf bus and how Mehran wouldn't let her get it for them. WTF?! She really is a stunted little girl. Although the whole playing sick thing is a way to avoid difficult situations, I think it's much more to be babied with the focus of not being hugged enough as a kid and not wanting to go home because Dean won't take care of her. I mean, this isn't a new revelation, lol, but just yet another focus on this. And I still can't believe Wexler hasn't said, hey, just because your mom didn't baby you, you can't keep playing sick to have Dean baby you...or check into a hospital to have the nurses baby you. You need to learn how to take care of yourself. If you have no self-love, Dean can't fix that for you. Actually, that goes both ways, as he's the one who's completely self-loathing, which is a perfect dysfunctional counterpart to her victim mentality. I think everyone else can see that she is causing all of this drama--the cheating did not cause ANY of this--but I wonder because she's gotten SO over-the-top now that she "found her voice" whether she's going to have an epiphany watching herself back on film. It's just unfathomable to me that she wouldn't get this at some point, right?

• Love 8

I'm calling "foul" on the so-called "Dean called his rehab buddy without telling Tori." Ms Spelling has been shown to be a micro-managing control freak. Do we really think that she doesn't know every release that gets signed? Made-up drama by the show, because Tori's expired breasts didn't get her enough sympathy.

• Love 6

Sorry if it's already been discussed on one of these Tori-related boards before and I missed it, but has it occurred to anyone that Tori is in some kind of post-natal depression bordering on post-natal psychosis after having the last two babies so close together?  If so, that's no joke and she should be getting attention for it.  I'm assuming that Dr. Wexler would have caught this, and gotten her a "real" doctor for treatment, but then again, it is Dr. Wexler we're talking about.  

I only randomly watched the earlier reality series, but from what I remember Tori was a lot happier, more cheerful, more grounded, more attentive and affectionate to her babies, more everything. And she appeared to be at a healthier weight then, even when she wasn't pregnant.  Yes, it must be painful to have your spouse cheat on you but is that really all that's going on here?    

I'm calling "foul" on the so-called "Dean called his rehab buddy without telling Tori." Ms Spelling has been shown to be a micro-managing control freak. Do we really think that she doesn't know every release that gets signed? Made-up drama by the show, because Tori's expired breasts didn't get her enough sympathy.

Agreed this was all staged and scripted bs.

And can I just add that Courtney comes across to me as that friend who only shows up when there's drama, so she can get all the gossip.  But like others have said, she's a paid cast member, not a friend at all.

Edited by JasminePhyllisia
  • Love 6

I don't see a thread for last week's show (ep 8?)  Has Previously TV given up on TT? Whoops, my bad.  'Gone Girl' was the episode last Tuesday?  All the misery kind of melds together.

Edited by scarlettudor
  • Love 1

I wonder if Tori acted like this with Charlie? Dean really downgraded himself. I bet he didn't know what he was getting himself into. All he knew was that he has the daughter of the Spellings. His first wife seems a lot better than Tori

When Tori was saying that MaryJo probably only wanted to befriend her mother to get money all I could think was "stop projecting!". Not everyone is like you Tori. Then Tori telling MaryJo that her mom probably only wanted to talk to her to "get info" I was wondering just what info could she have that Candy would want. I think MaryJo has a busy, normal life and usually stays far away from the mess that us Tori and Dean's marriage.

• Love 4

Are we in for another drama dragged out next season?  Dean is appearing in Chopped Canada next season again, so here's Tori's chance to flip-out.  Won't be surprised if there will be Wexler visits, migraines, hospitalizations and visits from Mary Jo.  Dean, once again will be on the defense when she throws the affair back at him when he chooses to fly off to Canada.  This could get tedious and boring to watch.

But, at least she has the kids to look after and not him, because according to her he's irresponsible.  That trip with the friends, that was painful to watch.  The whole time talking about Tori's problems, they all had to have been paid a huge amount to spend time with her and listen to that crap.  Who goes away with a friend and all they talk about is that friend's problems, wouldn't you try and change the subject?

• Love 1

I would have tried to change the subject, unless I've agreed to play the part of a sympathetic friend for money, and the agreement is that I let Tori speak and I don't challenge her reality. I don't know how much of that is a tacit agreement for being on the show and how much is explicit.

Say I'm in the van, Tori is repeating her self pity monologue, and I say,"Hey Tori, I don't know if you realize it, but all the conversation has been about you and Dean. Do you want some suggestions on how to change things or are you just venting? How about you vent for five more minutes, and then we hear from everyone else about how they're doing? You might feel better getting the focus off your problems."

And then the camera films me being ejected from the moving shuttle.

• Love 15

They know that this trip--and every visit to her home and outing to the coffee shop--is for the show. That's why the cameras are rolling to catch every thought and vent and tear shed about the dramatic love sTori that is either a fated fairy tale or destined to end (paraphrasing the ridiculous show opener). I assume when the cameras aren't rolling maybe these other friends get a word in about their lives, but, then again, I really doubt Tori asks how they're doing. I suppose if they want to be on TV, then they'll be her friend. Or, maybe they're codependent and think they're helping her. At this point they're getting something out of this friendship even if it is unhealthy and emotionally draining--same as with Dean and Tori. I think Courtney--because she's the most verbal with calling Tori out on her shit--might be the first to crack and recognize ain't nobody got time for that! Mehran, too, seems THIS CLOSE to being fed up up with Tori. And Jess and Wolf are just put in the middle. Right now I bet they go home from the dinner parties from hell and thank their lucky stars for their marriage! But Wolf is Team Dean and Jess is Team Tori--who lately has been seeing Dean's side in things. I actually wouldn't be surprised if Tori and Dean do break up that they take Dean's side--even though Wolf only became friends with him because Dean needed someone to talk to while Tori was crying to Jess. Anyway, a lot of rambling to say that these friends put up with the Tori sTori because that's their purpose right now while the cameras were rolling. I don't know who these "guncles" are that I keep reading about from their previous shows, but I bet they tired of the sTori long ago, and I doubt these moms from the school are going to be life-long friends, either.

• Love 1

I saw the "guncles" on an extreme parenting show. I can't remember which one, though...

Was that the one on Bravo? They did have a gay couple that was super obsessed with their little girl and wouldn't let her out of their sight. They worked from home and micromanaged grandma who watched her.

• Love 1

Was that the one on Bravo? They did have a gay couple that was super obsessed with their little girl and wouldn't let her out of their sight. They worked from home and micromanaged grandma who watched her.

Yup! That's them.

• Love 1

Tori is so self indulgent I can't take it. She just whines on and on and on about her feelings and her need to be nurtured, and then browbeats Dean. She spends more time talking about her life than actually living it. Just watching her is draining. She is so spoiled. 

I too feel sorry for Dean. I know they have 4 kids together but he should escape her black hole while he can. 

eta: I also read somewhere that the woman Dean cheated with may not even exist and that they may have made the whole thing up for ratings. And by the way, Jack (Dean's son,) is on twitter saying they should stop the fake shit already. 

Edited by DakotaLavender
  • Love 3

I can only imagine that the cash is worth it to them at this point; because real or fake, this can't be doing anything but ruining whatever "career" future they might have had.

Say the whole thing is fake (and, unfortunately for them, many/most of us can totally picture that as plausible). What marvelous display of acting do they think will wow future casting directors? Future project collaborators? Future project funders? (They should be run out of town for the hilarious scenes w/Guru Whatshisname alone.)

What about the damage they must be doing to their children in the process, even those who may - MAY - be old enough to understand that "mommy and daddy are faking it?"

Either the pay day is REALLY great, or they're REALLY that hard up. Or they're really that delusional. :)

Edited by RealityCowgirl
  • Love 1
eta: I also read somewhere that the woman Dean cheated with may not even exist and that they may have made the whole thing up for ratings. And by the way, Jack (Dean's son,) is on twitter saying they should stop the fake shit already.

Are you talking about all of the stories that came out last spring, or has something new come up?  I think since then a couple of pics have come up of the person Dean was with, and I didn't think Jack had been talking about it much since then.  

• Love 1