Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E08: Flash vs. Arrow

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

I have a feeling if anything, that Firestorm would be CW's next spinoff in a couple of years since as currently written he seems to be a combination of Barry and Oliver.

Heck, he looks like a combination of Barry and Oliver. But we know how the last Robbie Amell with superpowers show went so...

Heck, he looks like a combination of Barry and Oliver. But we know how the last Robbie Amell with superpowers show went so...

Exactly he cannot carry a show. 

Considering how they write Barry Allen so Peter Parkerish the next show they should do is a Static spinoff. They'd be able to do plenty of crossovers since Dakotaverse is full of metahumans.

Don't have the time to read the whole thread (sorry), and not willing to go to the Arrow section (I'm still hurt after Sara's death... why did they have to reference it? Just to screw with me? It totally worked, dammit!), so just a quick question - how much the Arrow part of the crossover has to do with the characters from Flash? Should I watch it if I'm 100% done with Arrow after s2? Maybe there are youtube clips only featuring the stuff relevant to Flash?
Thanks in advance.

Don't have the time to read the whole thread (sorry), and not willing to go to the Arrow section (I'm still hurt after Sara's death... why did they have to reference it? Just to screw with me? It totally worked, dammit!), so just a quick question - how much the Arrow part of the crossover has to do with the characters from Flash? Should I watch it if I'm 100% done with Arrow after s2? Maybe there are youtube clips only featuring the stuff relevant to Flash?

Thanks in advance.

The Flash characters are pretty well integrated into the episode. I will say, this was the first episode that reminded me why I liked Arrow and used to recommend it to my friends. I really liked the teamwork between the two casts; they meshed well together. There is mention of Sara's death, though. My friend who is done with Arrow watched it with me and really liked it. Maybe check out a few scenes on YouTube and see what you think. 

Is Laurel there? Because I absolutely can't stand her. Sara being unceremoniously killed off for this joke of a character is what made me not just give up, but actively dislike Arrow (also not a big fan of Oliver, but at least I can watch his scenes without barfing).

Is Laurel there? Because I absolutely can't stand her. Sara being unceremoniously killed off for this joke of a character is what made me not just give up, but actively dislike Arrow (also not a big fan of Oliver, but at least I can watch his scenes without barfing).

Laurel's in it for maybe a minute or two. For me, it seemed like an unnecessary cameo, but it's a short scene and doesn't detract from the rest of the episode. 

Edited by calliope1975
  • Love 2

They really don't mention Sara on the Arrow part of the crossover much more than they did on the Flash side, just comments about agreeing to test the DNA evidence, basically right when Cisco and Caitlin show up and then leave.  Laurel is there for just over a minute and most people weren't bothered by it.  I thought it was a condensed example of why I don't like her character. 

Captain Boomerang is officially a Flash baddie so if you want his story, then you might want to watch. 

Laurel's scene is so brief you can fast forward through the moments you see her face without missing anything. Just start watching again after the shot of her talking to Oliver goes back to Barry talking to Quentin.

Edited by KirkB

Saw the repeat and enjoyed it a little more. 

The boomerang scene still got a chuckle, but Cisco's still awesome with his "My bad!"

Diggle's first reaction to Barry was still great, as was Felicity's amusement.

I did forget, and got angry again, that there was no take-down of "Rainbow Raider" (Caitlin's name).  Just because I understand about network time tables doesn't mean I have to agree.

I also liked Caitlin and Felicity's idea was the right idea, but why couldn't Caitlin or Felicity be out with Det. West?  Not just one of the people who came up with how to "reverse the polarities", but someone not dependent on the fiction of being unable to physically walk or stand?  If the lights hadn't worked, Wells was a sitting duck, in a way. I may be looking too closely and it was just a scene to get Wells and West into the action.

As I said before though, I still enjoyed the hell out of the episode--again!

edited: "work" has no e in English.

Edited by Actionmage

I still get a little annoyed when Oliver tells Barry "guys like us don't get the girl". Gah! Shut your broody mouth, and leave your angst in Starling City, Oliver!

But I did like -- as noted upthread -- that Rage!Barry highlighted the fact that Barry has his own set of issues to deal with, even though he's on a "lighter" show than Arrow.

• Love 3

Saw the repeat and enjoyed it a little more. 

The boomerang scene still got a chuckle, but Cisco's still awesome with his "My bad!"

Diggle's first reaction to Barry was still great, as was Felicity's amusement.

Those parts all made me giggle, but the part I found myself rewinding multiple times was after Oliver rigged that set-up to shoot Barry in the back, and Barry yells "You shot me???!!!"  Just because his reaction was less angry, and more incredulous/annoyed.  The line reading just cracked me up.

It's been said before in many threads, but they really did hit the jackpot with Grant Gustin; he plays the role perfectly and the clear pleasure he has playing the role just shows on screen.

Edited by Princess Sparkle
  • Love 2
Barry yells "You shot me???!!!"  Just because his reaction was less angry, and more incredulous/annoyed.  The line reading just cracked me up.

What gets me is that I think he says "Dude, you shot me?!!!" Just anyone calling the Arrow "dude" is hilarious. And it gets even funnier when he sounds annoyed and just a little betrayed when he asks Felicity, "You knew he was going to shoot me?!!"

• Love 3