Type keyword(s) to search

Past Seasons Rehash

• Start Topic

On 11/10/2019 at 10:51 AM, SunnyBeBe said:

I caught some scenes from an old episode today....Kenya attacking Kim Fields. Man, it would have really been horrific if she wasnt so ridiculous. Reminded me why I detest her. 

That was the one time I was on Kenya's side...Kim Fields was a pretentious, judgmental person who still thought she was relevant even though Living Single ended 15+ years ago.  And her marriage was kind of creepy to me.  

Had it been Kandi that had a problem with Kim F instead of Kenya..people would have viewed Kim more objectively.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

That was the one time I was on Kenya's side...Kim Fields was a pretentious, judgmental person who still thought she was relevant even though Living Single ended 15+ years ago.  And her marriage was kind of creepy to me.  

Had it been Kandi that had a problem with Kim F instead of Kenya..people would have viewed Kim more objectively.

Kenya was mad that Kim is legendary and still collecting checks from Facts and Living Single whereas no one can recall a show or movie Ms. Moore starred in.
Kim was judging these dumb hoes cuz they deserved to be judged. 
Her marriage was creepy...because her husband wasn't a money grubbing, tax evading, jailbird, abuser like the rest of the husbands...giphy.gif

Edited by Adgirl
  • Love 10

So yesterday Bravo did Season 9 which was the season of Porsha vs. Kandi, and I remembered that it all came to a head at the reunion, and y’all? The last 20 minutes of part 3 and most of part 4 (that’s right - FOUR parts) were the best Housewives reunion eps ever. Ever. Starting with the lesbian bullshit, to Porsha saying she had a C&D so will let Phaedra answer for her since it was her who told Porsha about the drugging, and then all hell broke loose! 

You can literally see Phaedra realize her TV career is over, Porsha realize she’d better do anything to save her TV career, Cynthia be horrified, Sheree pretending to be horrified but really loving it all, Kenya whatever, and Kandi being the fierce bitch she is and I absolutely loved it and her and it was horrible and amazing. 

Edited by Katesus7
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
On 12/4/2020 at 8:23 PM, Katesus7 said:

You can literally see Phaedra realize her TV career is over, Porsha realize she’d better do anything to save her TV career, Cynthia be horrified, Sheree pretending to be horrified but really loving it all, Kenya whatever, and Kandi being the fierce bitch she is and I absolutely loved it and her and it was horrible and amazing. 

This is such a great, and accurate description, or everyone's reactions.  And I agree, those reunion episodes were reality TV gold! I was sitting on the couch staring at the TV with my mouth open like:

Shock-Wow-GIF-source.gif?fit=500,376&ssl

Edited by luckyroll3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

I rewatched season 9 and the reunion all last week on Hulu, and the end of part 3 and all of part 4 still had be frozen like I saw it for the first time. I remember rewatching it for the first time about a year ago, thinking they might bring Phaedra back since everyone was talking about it. After rewatching, I said no, better not. I still can't believe how unbelievably calm she was during the whole situation, with Porsha crying and Kandi hysterical. It was crazy. I love to rewatch the reunions only, that helps me remember whether I want to rewatch the whole season. Otherwise, I just pick out epic episodes. 

• Love 3

So, I've been rewatching some early seasons, and I am reminded that I am a horrible human being.  Why?  I'll tell you why.

When Kandi first came on the show, she was engaged to AJ.  AJ was killed after filming stopped, but while the season was still airing.  Let me clear, while I am horrible, I am not so horrible as to find anyone's death funny (MAYBE the dude who invented the Segway and then segwayed off a cliff.  Not funny, but...), so I'm not saying there was anything funny about AJ's death.  There wasn't.

HOWEVER!

There were still a handful of episodes to air that had footage of AJ.  While I can certainly understand and approve of putting up a memorial card on the screen, Bravo went one step further.  One the card they put up onscreen, after they said something about his untimely passing away, they felt the need to tell us the footage was filmed before he died.  Um...obviously?  What did you think we would think, Bravo??  That AJ faked his death and this footage was proof he was still alive?  That they got one of their famous mediums to conjure him back to film some extra footage? Why, WHy, WHY did they think they needed to explain the footage was taken before his death??  Absolutely hilarious to me.  Again, I don't think it's funny he died (and it was sad to see how Riley really cared about him and talked about him in a way that was clear she missed him), but I would pay real money to read a transcript of the meeting where the message for that card was crafted.

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
On 4/23/2021 at 1:48 PM, lasu said:

So, I've been rewatching some early seasons, and I am reminded that I am a horrible human being.  Why?  I'll tell you why.

When Kandi first came on the show, she was engaged to AJ.  AJ was killed after filming stopped, but while the season was still airing.  Let me clear, while I am horrible, I am not so horrible as to find anyone's death funny (MAYBE the dude who invented the Segway and then segwayed off a cliff.  Not funny, but...), so I'm not saying there was anything funny about AJ's death.  There wasn't.

HOWEVER!

There were still a handful of episodes to air that had footage of AJ.  While I can certainly understand and approve of putting up a memorial card on the screen, Bravo went one step further.  One the card they put up onscreen, after they said something about his untimely passing away, they felt the need to tell us the footage was filmed before he died.  Um...obviously?  What did you think we would think, Bravo??  That AJ faked his death and this footage was proof he was still alive?  That they got one of their famous mediums to conjure him back to film some extra footage? Why, WHy, WHY did they think they needed to explain the footage was taken before his death??  Absolutely hilarious to me.  Again, I don't think it's funny he died (and it was sad to see how Riley really cared about him and talked about him in a way that was clear she missed him), but I would pay real money to read a transcript of the meeting where the message for that card was crafted.

If you’re horrible, than so am I, because I found that absurdly bizarre.

I also find the Segway inventor dying from his own invention horrible that he died, but comically absurd with how it happened. I have told people about this and they didn’t believe me.

• Love 4
On 12/3/2020 at 2:28 PM, Adgirl said:

Kenya was mad that Kim is legendary and still collecting checks from Facts and Living Single whereas no one can recall a show or movie Ms. Moore starred in.
Kim was judging these dumb hoes cuz they deserved to be judged. 
Her marriage was creepy...because her husband wasn't a money grubbing, tax evading, jailbird, abuser like the rest of the husbands...giphy.gif

That’s the way I remember it.    I recalled how Kim was dissed on the show about her career....well, I guess Kim is laughing all the way to the bank. She’s done several series and movies since 2016, including a new series on Netflix!  I’m thrilled for her.  

• Love 8

I decided Atlanta was my next city to start from the beginning (quit NJ, watched BH from the beginning, and finished NY last year). I have known of a few of the main people, but not anything about how they are on the franchise. I did watch Ultimate Girls Trip, and since Cynthia and Kenya were there, I figured it made sense to watch ATL next.

I was thoroughly entertained by how crazy Kim and Sheree were/are. I liked Nene in the beginning, but did not like her at the end of Season 4. 

I'm currently up to Season 5, episode 6 and have a couple of questions.

1. Porsha - is she really that dumb all the time? It's funny, but also dang, how did she make it anywhere in life?

2. Am I going to like/appreciate Kenya at some point? She just seems nasty.

3. I've read that Phaedra does something awful to Kandi. What should I look out for?

4. When does Peter (Cynthia) go away?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, DudeLeaveMeAlone said:

I decided Atlanta was my next city to start from the beginning (quit NJ, watched BH from the beginning, and finished NY last year). I have known of a few of the main people, but not anything about how they are on the franchise. I did watch Ultimate Girls Trip, and since Cynthia and Kenya were there, I figured it made sense to watch ATL next.

I was thoroughly entertained by how crazy Kim and Sheree were/are. I liked Nene in the beginning, but did not like her at the end of Season 4. 

I'm currently up to Season 5, episode 6 and have a couple of questions.

1. Porsha - is she really that dumb all the time? It's funny, but also dang, how did she make it anywhere in life?

2. Am I going to like/appreciate Kenya at some point? She just seems nasty.

3. I've read that Phaedra does something awful to Kandi. What should I look out for?

4. When does Peter (Cynthia) go away?

Welcome to the maelstrom.

1. Yes. A big ass and a nice smile.

2. YMMV. She has moments of likeability that are bookended by eons of being truly horrid.

3. Start paying close attention when her workout video comes up. That's really the beginning of the end, although it takes another season (or two??) to get there.

4. Not soon enough. He's there until Apollo goes to jail. He's a stain...

• Love 5

1. Not all the time, but like 90% of it.

2. If you like people who are there who stir pots of shit, then yes, you will like Kenya.

3. Season 7 is when you should start looking for issues between Phaedra and Kandi to start beginning. I think they are still good in season 6.

4. Peter will be there for a while. I'm kind of neutral on him, while I don't have the dislike for him that many others do, I can't say I loved him either. I do think Cynthia deserved better, that's for sure.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I just finished Season 6. W-O-W. That was an amazing ride. I remember the reunion news catching my attention and watching it for the hair pulling incident, and thinking Kenya totally instigated it. Knowing the backstory through the season makes it even more obvious. 

Momma Joyce is so toxic and I wish Kandi figures that out and puts some solid boundaries on her. Todd is a saint for putting up with that BS as long as he did.

I appreciate Kenya playing the villain, but I still dislike the way she treated poor dumb Porsha. 

Edited to add:

Did Phaedra really name her second child Mr. President?? I thought they referred to him as Dylan at one point.

Edited by DudeLeaveMeAlone
additional question
  • Love 2
On 12/3/2014 at 3:48 PM, LotusFlower said:

To me, she went on the show projecting her southern belle image, and anything that veers from that embarrasses her, so she tries to control it, or pretends it didn't happen.

I remember when Phaedra tried to claim that she gave birth after five months into her pregnancy. 🙄

On 12/7/2014 at 1:03 PM, Persnickety1 said:

Ahhh, the most epic fail in the history of housewives' events that I can recall.  

No, the most epic fail of RH events has to be Sheree's fashion show. 🤣

On 2/8/2022 at 11:36 AM, DudeLeaveMeAlone said:

Did Phaedra really name her second child Mr. President?? I thought they referred to him as Dylan at one point.

That was his nickname. 

• Love 3
On 4/18/2022 at 10:51 AM, Gharlane said:

I remember when Phaedra tried to claim that she gave birth after five months into her pregnancy. 🙄

No, the most epic fail of RH events has to be Sheree's fashion show. 🤣

That was his nickname. 

lol! Phaedra's baby is adorable.

Apollo is pretty cute too. I think he's one of the most handsome men in the franchise. 

• Like 2