Type keyword(s) to search

Past Seasons Rehash

• Start Topic

I can remember three occasions on which it appeared she'd forgotten her hot mic and her southern belle routine and let him have it. She was cursing so low and fast it had to be subtitled. :D Once they were in her car. Second time they were at home in the downstairs guest bathroom with the door closed and the third time they were in the hotel lobby after pillowtalkgate. Was the marriage fake? mebbe, but I don't have any doubt that Phaedra has made her real feelings well known to Apollo regarding where he has behaved inadamnppropriately.

See, I remember those too, but in my memory - she's angry at him for embarrassing her or doing something inappropriate, but she doesn't yell or curse at all - her voice is low and her tone is measured. Almost like disciplining a child. I remember the awkward scene in the car - I think she was driving off to some mortuary study group, he was trying to say goodbye, and she just sat there and didn't say a thing. Then she said "I'm not talking to you," and closed the door. To me, she went on the show projecting her southern belle image, and anything that veers from that embarrasses her, so she tries to control it, or pretends it didn't happen.

• Love 3

RIGHT NOW … Bravo is running the "Best of Nene and Kim."  This episode is DeShawn's party planning -- and Rose the psychic!

I just saw this on my guide. It's 4 hours long.

Edited by Chrissytd
  • Love 1

RIGHT NOW … Bravo is running the "Best of Nene and Kim."  This episode is DeShawn's party planning -- and Rose the psychic!

Ahhh, the most epic fail in the history of housewives' events that I can recall.  

I'm gathering her vanity charity became defunct shortly after this event (as do most of the vanity charities but this one really went out with a whimper).  

Doesn't get much more affluent than invitations to a black tie affair being handed out in stores at the mall.  

I miss Dwight.  

• Love 2

As for Nene, She already stated that the negativity is not fun to her.  She longs for the old group where if you were being bitchy, it was subtle and they were mostly able to go on trips together without complete nastiness erupting.  Now I am certain no one really wants to go one these excursions because they know there is going to be pure nastiness awaiting them.  Nene already knows they are coming for her so she now goes into offensive mode almost immediately.

I remember Nene with Kim on the bus - where she (Nene) really lit into Kim (I believe that was when she referred to Sweetie as a slave).  I also remember them in Florida where Nene was rude to everyone.

Nene brings and is responsible for as much negativity as she gets.

• Love 5

She longs for the old group where if you were being bitchy, it was subtle and they were mostly able to go on trips together without complete nastiness erupting.

I remember screaming and hair pulling all the way back to the days of Sheree and Kim. And there was one really nasty fight on a trip. And Nene was always there, right in the middle of it. There has been a trip with a fight every single season on this show. And Nene is generally around for it and participating in it. Puerto Rico is not unique. And Nene was nasty this time from the moment she got off the plane.

Almost everyone on the show except Kenya and Claudia is selling or promoting something other than themselves.

The women on this show who appear to never have a job at all are Kenya and Porsha. Kenya pretends to have a job, but nothing ever happens. Porsha barely tries to cover that she's a sugar baby. 

• Love 2

I remember screaming and hair pulling all the way back to the days of Sheree and Kim. And there was one really nasty fight on a trip. And Nene was always there, right in the middle of it. There has been a trip with a fight every single season on this show. And Nene is generally around for it and participating in it. Puerto Rico is not unique. And Nene was nasty this time from the moment she got off the plane.

Nene is arrogant, and for the last two seasons at least, she seems to think she is above the rest of the cast, I guess because she's a big Hollywood star.

News Flash for Ms. Leakes:  If she was that much in demand, she certainly wouldn't have time to still be on a reality TV show.

• Love 2
The women on this show who appear to never have a job at all are Kenya and Porsha. Kenya pretends to have a job, but nothing ever happens. Porsha barely tries to cover that she's a sugar baby. 

Thing is, Porsha does have a job on Ricky S's network show, Dish Nation.  She also has a hair extension line and is starting up a lingerie line as well.  She also promotes several clothing businesses by modelling their clothing and giving out information on how to obtain the outfit she's wearing.  So she is definitely working.  However, Kenya...  well she talks about it alot

• Love 1
(edited)

I am watching the first couple of seasons for the first times and OMG.  Sherree kills me.  I hope the rumors are true and she comes back.

Kandi looks so skinny and that hair makes me appreciate that stupid red wig she was sporting later.  I"m watching the episode where she goes to her hairstylist who has been doing he hair for 7 years.  Run girl, run.  Orange short hair with awful curls.

NeNe looks like she gained 40 pounds and 20 years between season 1 and 2.

Nene is arrogant, and for the last two seasons at least, she seems to think she is above the rest of the cast, I guess because she's a big Hollywood star.

News Flash for Ms. Leakes:  If she was that much in demand, she certainly wouldn't have time to still be on a reality TV show.

I am just now watching the first couple of seasons (thanks Hulu!).  NeNe was so much more fun to watch when the show first started.  The difference in her personality, in addition to her appearance is amazing (and unfortunate).  She looks like she gain 40 pounds, 20 years between seasons 1-2.   15 of those pounds are from an inflated ego.  Now she is just completely insufferable.

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 3

And of course, it amazes me that Lisa Wu's 10,000 businesses are no longer active and that her husband had 2M of debt wiped out in bankruptcy.  Same with Sherree's husband.  How do these athletes make so much money and then go through it?  

I'm kind of surprised Kandi doesn't buy a Popeye's franchise and have it built in her office building. Or maybe that's the restaurant she's talking about.

I love Popeye's but I thought Kandi's fav was Chick-Fil-A. I recall at least one occassion her being late b/c she just had to get some.
  • Love 3

I love Popeye's but I thought Kandi's fav was Chick-Fil-A. I recall at least one occassion her being late b/c she just had to get some.

I think she was late to the Savannah trip.  And if memory serves, she was hours late because she stopped to pick up some Chick-Fil-A.

• Love 1

I thought everyone with her was all hyped about Chic Fil A also. Or am I thinking of another trip?

And the Savannah one was when every one was late and rolled in straggling one by one. And Kenya blew them shit on the bus and Phaedra said she "has a new born and jobSSSSS." Was Kandis excuse for being late then that she was eating Chic Fil A? Whatever it was she was pissed off.

I think she was late to the Savannah trip. And if memory serves, she was hours late because she stopped to pick up some Chick-Fil-A.

Yeah, she was very late b/c she stopped at Chik-Fil-A. I recall a time several of them were in a car and stopped at the drive-thru instead of going inside, I assume b/c they couldn't film inside. Edited by Ubiquitous

How do these athletes make so much money and then go through it? 

They marry women who like to buy $8,000 shoes. Ask Kordell.

there is a great documentary by ESPN called "Broke" that really breaks it down.

Basically it is

1. generally short careers

2. most players not making as much as the public thinks they do

3. taxes

4. trying to keep up with the high end players

5. golddiggers

6. pregnant golddiggers

7. divorcing golddiggers

8. family

9. scams

10. bad business ideas

11. getting a drug addiction to help with pain

12. declining health in later years due to injury

Many of the players live like the money will never end.  But in professional sports injuries are common and careers are short.  The average career of an NFL player is 3.5 years.  Half of these guys have spent a lifetime preparing for a career in sports and they have no idea what they are going to do when that career is over.  

But seriously, I would suggest watching Broke....its a really interesting documentary, and its on NFlix watch instant.

• Love 5

I'm rewatching the first episode of the first season and it is FUNNY TO ME to watch Sheree spend money just knowing that you was going to receive that "7 figure settlement." This woman has "creative directors," party planners, personal stylist talmbout she is fashion personified. This is especially funny in light of the fact that she has reportedly been fired again and got shaded on the reunion for always wearing sweatpants. The first six seasons of this show were truly gold. It's so sad to see how far its fallen.

Edited by dreamkiller
  • Love 8
15 hours ago, Hiyo said:

Don't know about you, but we need more scenes with Chipmunk voices.

LOL, Nene’s chipmunk voice sounds like a regular woman’s voice 😂

Now I want someone to do this with RHONY so I can hear LuAnn...

• Love 2
On 12/11/2019 at 5:01 PM, luckyroll3 said:

Given all the talk about DeShawn and how reasonably likable Nene used to be, I remembered that season 1 is now on Hulu.  Anyone interested in a Re-watch & snark?  Season 1 is only 9 episodes.

Man, I don’t have Hulu. I’ll have to see if I can get Season 1 when I get home. I really want to see if it is as good as I remember, LOL.

ETA: @luckyroll3, I am officially in! Let me know when the rewatch begins and the frequency 👍🏾

Edited by link417
  • Love 2
On 12/11/2019 at 5:01 PM, luckyroll3 said:

Given all the talk about DeShawn and how reasonably likable Nene used to be, I remembered that season 1 is now on Hulu.  Anyone interested in a Re-watch & snark?  Season 1 is only 9 episodes.

I’ve been wanting to get Hulu (mostly because I can watch Real Housewives from other places and rewatch old) but my hubby is thrifty but I am up for a snark-a-thon. I can convince him it is a lot cheaper than my other hobbies (beading supplies and wine)

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Stats Queen said:

I’ve been wanting to get Hulu (mostly because I can watch Real Housewives from other places and rewatch old) but my hubby is thrifty but I am up for a snark-a-thon. I can convince him it is a lot cheaper than my other hobbies (beading supplies and wine)

Do they still have a free trial period you could use?

10 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

Just don't tell him you missed out on the Hulu Black Friday deal - $1.99/month for a year - because he'll never let you live it down!   ;~)

• LOL 4

Just started rewatching season 1 and this shit was reality tv gold.  I forgot about all the stuff that happened in this season:

• Nene's name wasn't on the list
  • Kim changing in gas station parking lot.
  • Deshawn hiring a nanny and an au pair.
  • "Thank you Big Poppa!"
  • How do you spell cat? K-A-T.
  • Lisa and her 50-eleven jobs.
  • "There's a tightroooope, between me and yoooooou!"
  • "I'm gonna raise $1 million dollars."
  • "You're so beautiful Sheree." "No, you're beautiful Kim."  "We kinda look alike.  We're twins." "Yeah, I'm the black you."
  • Nene's drunk song in the limo about Kim.
  • The fashion show with no fashions. (How dreadful!).
  • "I don't want to sit around at a BBQ with Nene...and eat chicken."

Also, Nene and Sheree straight up hated each other from the opening episode.  There was so much shade between them and this wasn't even shade.  Just open hostility.  

• LOL 5
  • Love 6

And the reunion!

• "Close your legs to married men."
  • "Trash box." "Ya trashy hooker."
  • Kim's health scare. "I remember sitting in a Chili's waiting for test results."
  • "So did you have cancer?" "No, I did not have cancer.  Thank god!"

And I can see why Deshawn didn't get invited back.  She was silent during the reunion.  Even when Andy threw her a question, she just said nothing.  Not the way to get on another season.

• Love 3

"I remember sitting in a Chili's waiting for test results."

As one does...

One other funny thing about the reunion was Lisa tackling Nene back down onto the couch the few times times Nene would get up and start to lunge towards Kim.

• Love 2

Oh man, how could I forget the insaneness of RiDICKulous.  I am laughing so hard at the long black bar production but over his goods, him plopping it into Kandi's drink, him, uh, pleasuring himself, and everybody's reactions from amazement to grossed out.  I'm laughing so hard, I can't breathe. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

In the episode where Kandi meets with the Oh Mi Body owner to talk about creating her sex toy line, the camera pans to people in the restaurant having "reactions" to the conversation. One of them is Todd!

Edited by luckyroll3
because "sex toy" and "sex you" are not always the same thing!
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

Oh man, I just made it to the Page Boy Nene talking heads!

tenor.gif?itemid=4686809

LMAO!

This is also the ramen noodle talking heads season:

tenor.gif?itemid=4522310

I'm convinced even more now that she definitely pissed people in the crew off, because she looks absolutely ridiculous in the top look and clearly no one told her.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 5

Ha, I liked Lisa Wu. Anyone know what she's up to?

Lord, have mercy! Nene's pageboy wig. HAHAHA. Didn't she also have a Bride of Frankenstein wig, too? 

I just rediscovered this: 6789bebc96f0b6539b94d9c461c5c4c3.gif

What was this in regards to? 

4 hours ago, Sheenieb said:

Ha, I liked Lisa Wu. Anyone know what she's up to?

Lord, have mercy! Nene's pageboy wig. HAHAHA. Didn't she also have a Bride of Frankenstein wig, too? 

I just rediscovered this: 6789bebc96f0b6539b94d9c461c5c4c3.gif

What was this in regards to? 

I've caught Lisa Wu in at least one movie on Netflix. I think she's doing the independent film thing and trying to make it as an "actress".

• Love 2

I'm on season 9.  I forgot how much I loved Kandi gathering all these bitches left and right this season.  I also just realized the reason Kandi was always on a level 10 is that they would invite her to the restaurants and she was so busy cussin' them all out that she would walk out before getting a chance to order and/or eat anything.  And y'all know that Kandi  like her food!  There's been only 1 time that she actually got to eat her meal so far and that was when Mama Joyce was busy ripping into Phaedra while Phaedra told lie number 362, about how the guy that came to blow up her office was dropping off a CD.  

giphy.gif

I just made it to the sex dungeon episode and I forgot how funny it was when Kandi was recounting her fight with Portia to the other ladies and got to the part about the sex dungeon they all got up and started running around the house looking for it, looking behind the drapes, the sofas, etc.  LMAO!  

And Marvin!

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

I also just realized the reason Kandi was always on a level 10 is that they would invite her to the restaurants and she was so busy cussin' them all out that she would walk out before getting a chance to order and/or eat anything.  And y'all know that Kandi  like her food!

Even worse is when she is actually eating and has to cuss them out mid-chew (see Kenya calling out Sheree's Mama Joyce wig...).

• Love 2