Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Mystic Grill

The Small Talk topic is for:

• Introductions
  • Off-topic chatter
  • Having virtual tea with forum buddies

This is NOT a topic for actual show discussion. When you want to talk about the show:

1. Figure out the nature of the topic you want to talk about
  2. Look for an existing topic that matches or fits
  3. If there is NOT an existing topic that fits, CREATE ONE!

Examples of topics that populate show forums include (but by no means are limited to):

• Character topics
  • Episode topics
  • Season topics
  • Spoiler topics
  • Speculation topics
  • In the Media topics
  • Favourite X topics
  • ...you get the idea

Happy trails beyond Small Talk!

Odd that she wasn't there, since she introduced them and was so excited for her engagement that she was making comments on bridesmaid colors.Julie Plec was there, sure she would have worked around Nina.

I had no idea Candice and the actress who played Vicki were so close.

Edited by Artsda

I remember Candice, Kayla, and Nina taking a girls' trip to Disney World a few summers back, and they made it sound like it was annual (I think Kat was doing some music stuff that time). I think they're all really good friends, and I will assume nothing's changed, because that would make me sad. Maybe the report is just based on social media accounts, and Nina happened to not post anything or appear in pics, so they didn't mention her attending.

It also could be that the reporter has no idea why Nina wasn't there and chose to just omit her from the piece rather than speculate or draw attention to it in a bad way.  Nina could have been working, she could have intended to go and got sick at the last minute, or any number of personal reasons that come up and cause people to cancel.  I have a girlfriend who couldn't make her best friend's wedding because she had to leave town at the last minute to fix a paperwork snafu for studying abroad, it had to be fixed in person, and she was set to leave two days after the wedding.  She got everything fixed but missed the wedding.  The bride understood and didn't draw attention to it.  I doubt Nina had anything like that, but there are countless reasons people can't make the weddings of their friends and I'm glad the reporter didn't speculate as to why she wasn't there.

• Love 1

She was posting photo posing with Jessica Szohr with Lena Dunham's book yesterday, so doesn't look like she was sick. People Mag didn't say anything but other articles said she wasn't there.

That's weird I followed the People link and it now says Nina was there, it would be pretty crazy for her not to have made it. I was more interested in if Paul bought Phoebe, are they still together?

Apparently he did and she instagrammed a picture of her at a wedding that day so I reckon that she was there. The cast who definetly attended were Kat, Trevino and Paul. The rest I can't confirm.

I'm a sucker for backstage scandal but I wonder if there is animosity between Nina and Candice.. I just can't buy that she wouldn't have been at her wedding when she introduced them because she was working. Especially if she could find time to hang out with Jessica Szohr and others.

I find it odd she's silent about it, when she was pronouncing herself a bridesmaid when Candice got engaged. When also Kayla Ewell and Claire Holt were the ones at/throwing her shower.

Edited by Artsda

I don't think there's anything to it. They don't have to post everything for public consumption. They do have cellphones and emails and other means of talking to each other that prying eyes can't see. They don't tweet all their communication to each other.

I just think Candice and Nina having beef is reaching, I don't even really buy the beef between Ian and Nina either. They're all professionals (except Matt Davis), if they weren't they would have outted this show for its blatant stupidity and sexism (and all the other isms) about 2 seasons ago.

Also, why is there only one webclip up? Shouldn't there be at least two?

Edited by slayer2
  • Love 1

It does seem odd that People and E! "confirmed" Nina was there if she wasn't.

I can definitely believe there is drama between Ian/Nina, mostly from his end, because he's totally playing out his new relationship in the media, making an awkward, but dealable work situation maybe more awkward, and less dealable. But I had been impressed by how drama free their break up was so it seems unlikely she'd avoid the wedding because of him or get mad at Candice because she still invited him (his not going seemed last minute based on their shooting schedule). I liked how friendly they've all remained despite all the hooking up/breaking up that's happened on the set.

I do admit though that I wondered how Joe King handled the fact that two of Candice's exes are on set with her most of the time.

Zach Roerig (Matt) is the other ex. They broke up a couple years ago.

I don't think there's anything to it. They don't have to post everything for public consumption. They do have cellphones and emails and other means of talking to each other that prying eyes can't see. They don't tweet all their communication to each other.

They don't have to play things out public, but yet they do. Nina could have thanked Lena Dunham for her book via text/email and in private. But she didn't, she did it public through twitter posing with the book and Jessica Szohr on Candice's wedding day but no comment about Candice's wedding. It is weird, compared to the very public congratulations and bridesmaid comment Nina made when Candice was first engaged. 

Edited by Artsda