Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Spoiler Discussion

Lisin
  • Start Topic

I wonder how much of the rest of the 'crossover' takes place in this alternate future? Because I'd hate it if that's the only place where the friendship between Iris and Ryan exists.

flash-8x04-ryan-iris.jpg?w=620

• Love 1

Apparently screeners were sent for Part 4; glad to hear there some more fun in this part, because Cecile in Part 3 was NOT it.

Edited by Trini
18 hours ago, Trini said:

I wonder how much of the rest of the 'crossover' takes place in this alternate future? Because I'd hate it if that's the only place where the friendship between Iris and Ryan exists.

Would Ryan really have the time to travel to Central City (with her Batsuit, no less) just to chat with Iris in the present day?  Maybe a phone call, although Felicity is the other Arrowverse character Iris is most likely to call if she wants a friend to talk to.

It's the Arrow-verse; distance is not an issue. I think it would great if Iris/Ryan was acknowledged in the current continuity of both shows. And guest appearances would be even better.

• Love 1

THE EXCITING CONCLUSION TO THE FIVE PART ARMAGEDDON EVENT BRINGS THE RETURN OF MIA QUEEN –

The conclusion to Armageddon presents an opportunity for The Flash (Grant Gustin) to end his lifelong battle with Reverse Flash (guest star Tom Cavanagh) for good, but the payoff could be too much for Barry and team to handle.

Meanwhile, Mia Queen (guest star Katherine McNamara) drops in from the future looking to save a lost loved one, and she won’t let anything stand in her way.

Menhaj Huda directed the episode written by Kristen Kim (#805). Original airdate 12/14/21

My favorite part of this… no idiot Canaries forcing their way into the story. Given Felecity walked off into the afterlife already in the future I say they just need to have Mia save William, snag up Connor Hawke and just stick around in the present in case there’s ever another good crossover idea.

4 hours ago, Oreo2234 said:

TVline has some information on episode 4. Killer Frost is at the 2031 party but "busy." One of the guests is now living in London and the other is frazzled by baby talk. 

I'll be glad if I'm wrong, but the KF part sounds like she's "busy" with Chillblaine - ugh.  We know he shows up somewhere in this event.

My guess for London is either Chester or Allegra; "baby talk" could be... Batwoman? Alex wouldn't be "frazzled" about at that point in her life.

• Love 1

Ryan Choi could also be the person living in London. I also think that Ryan Wilder is probably the one "frazzled" by baby talk.  I agree that it wouldn't make sense for it to be Alex and I also don't see her moving away from National City. 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Oreo2234 said:

Ryan Choi could also be the person living in London.

It could definitely be him; the main reason I think it isn't is I think the article writer probably wants to tease about the characters that most people are familiar with. With Chester and Allegra, living overseas could be a quick way to show that they've progressed in their careers.

And 'baby talk' could also be Chester and/or Allegra; but I think it's less likely. It's more of an "OTP" tease, and I don't think The Flash considers them on that level.

CBR.com talks with Chyler Leigh about the crossover. It is weird to me that they originally wrote Alex to be a little cynical about love when even before Supergirl's last season she was in a stable relationship. It seems out of character. 

• Love 1

I don't know how people find these things, but I found this on tumblr; an interview with Jordan Fisher that has a tease for Bart in Season 8:

https://inlovemag.com/once-upon-a-time/

Jordan Fisher: Bart is back and better than ever! He’s all about growth. Bart is all about wanting to get stronger, faster, bigger, and better. He lives under the shadow of his father, and I think a lot of people can relate to that in some way. Not necessarily living under a shadow, but at least seeing somebody that you want to have respect for and want to work with, that impulses the relationship with his dad in a really remarkable way. He gets to see what it would be and could be like if he became The Flash one day or continued his journey with his sister. There is so much fun and so much excitement with everything Armageddon – you guys are going to freak out about what’s coming.

Impressed that he managed to convey Wallace's "leveled up" without actually saying "leveled up".

Edited by Trini
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Part 5 photos are out: https://flashtvnews.com/the-flash-mia-queen-joe-west-return-in-armageddon-part-5-photos/45540

All are Team Flash at STAR Labs; no Despero or Reverse Flash, even though we know they're in this one. Mia shot Caitlin! And Iris maybe gets a shot off at Mia? She came from the future (!?) just to attack the Team?

Anyway, I'm prepared for Part 4 being the peak of this event; Kim is consistently the worst writer.

Casting news: https://www.thewrap.com/the-flash-mika-abdalla-cast-tinya-wazzo-apparition/

“The Flash” is getting a new metahuman. Mika Abdalla has joined The CW Arrowverse series, TheWrap can exclusively report.

Abdalla will play Tinya Wazzo – a character DC Comics fans best know as Apparition, a member of the Legion of Super-Heroes (though no details were immediately available about when/if Tinya would get a superhero name on the show).

On “The Flash,” she’ll make her debut after Iris Allen-West (Candice Patton), editor of CC Citizen Media (Central City) starts looking into her.

Here’s the character description: After years of successfully hiding in plain sight, reluctant meta-teenager Tinya Wazzo’s life is turned upside down when she becomes the subject of Iris West-Allen’s latest investigation for CC Citizen Media. Soon, Tinya is thrust into a dangerous world she never knew existed—one that will change her life forever.

I'm not familiar with this character or actress; apparently she's also known as 'Phantom Girl'. Sounds like they are making her a metahuman, but she's an alien in the comics.

She's a hero character, so I assume this is a recurring role? But Team Flash is already crowded.

Edited by Trini
curses! typos quoted again!
1 hour ago, Trini said:

Casting news: https://www.thewrap.com/the-flash-mika-abdalla-cast-tinya-wazzo-apparition/

I'm not familiar with this character or actress; apparently she's also known as 'Phantom Girl'. Sounds like they are making her a metahuman, but she's an alien in the comics.

She'a a hero character, so I assume this is a recurring role? But Team Flash is already crowded.

And she's also from the 31st Century in the comics. I wonder whether this will tie into Iris's time sickness and the fact that in the comics, she's also from the 31st Century and was sent back in time as a baby to save her from a nuclear holocaust. The showrunners have hinted before that that's an aspect of Iris's backstory that they plan to explore at some point, and it would be the reason for her time sickness.

On 12/11/2021 at 9:17 PM, legaleagle53 said:

And she's also from the 31st Century in the comics. I wonder whether this will tie into Iris's time sickness and the fact that in the comics, she's also from the 31st Century and was sent back in time as a baby to save her from a nuclear holocaust. The showrunners have hinted before that that's an aspect of Iris's backstory that they plan to explore at some point, and it would be the reason for her time sickness.

That was two years ago, though. And I don't really trust Wallace to pull off a good arc for Iris.

----

In other news: https://www.thewrap.com/katherine-mcnamara-mia-queen-in-the-flash-armageddon-interview/

Can't believe Wallace is wasting time on tying up storylines from a failed pilot when we've finally got a Barry-centric 'crossover'. He should be working on his own spinoff.

• Love 2

8.06 promo:

Excited to see Bart/Impulse and XS again! It looks like it will just be mainly those two, but I'm also excited for a West-Allen family episode.

Besides time travel and seeing scenes/characters from the past, it looks like we might see a couple more altered timelines. I'm always interested in that, but it also looks like the WestAllen kids are going to change history, which I'm not a fan of.

I wonder why Bart is in that bowtie getup?

With this show having time travel, I wish they'd do more episodes set in the future. This one will have a few scenes of that, but why not a whole episode?

I'm concerned that 5 episodes in, we still don't really know what this season's main arc is. We got a few hints in 'Armageddon', but it still shouldn't be so vague by now. And while the next episode looks good so far, I'm afraid it's going to be mostly filler unrelated to whatever other storylines they have planned.

On 12/11/2021 at 9:17 PM, legaleagle53 said:

Another thing about this, the show has a history of characters starting out associated with a supporting character (Iris) but then it quickly becomes a Team Flash character/story, so I can see how Iris' time sickness story could get shorted. They might tackle the 31st century comic origins; but I have very low expectations.

On 4/4/2019 at 9:58 PM, SimoneS said:

Kyle Secor is such a good actor. I can't believe that he is reduced to do guest stints on The Flash and worse yet, has to work with talentless Danielle Panabaker. I guess it is better than working part-time at Trader Joe's like Geoffrey Owens, but still... Acting is such a tough business.

Indeed it is.  And Kyle has written a book about that!  My copy is due to arrive on Monday.  

3 hours ago, Primal Slayer said:

But all of this plus Armageddon...should bring back Eddie full time. 

After seven seasons, for what? I like Cosnett, but Eddie served his purpose. If it's for Cobalt Blue, that might have worked in the Helbing era, but the current writers room loves RF as Flash's nemesis.

If we're bringing back Season One characters, how about Linda Park for CC Citizen? Or back up the money truck to get Wally/Keiynan to come back with her.

In any case, they're bringing back Ronnie, because Caitlin really needs some type of story.

6 minutes ago, Trini said:

After seven seasons, for what? I like Cosnett, but Eddie served his purpose. If it's for Cobalt Blue, that might have worked in the Helbing era, but the current writers room loves RF as Flash's nemesis.

If we're bringing back Season One characters, how about Linda Park for CC Citizen? Or back up the money truck to get Wally/Keiynan to come back with her.

In any case, they're bringing back Ronnie, because Caitlin really needs some type of story.

Why not? If they can find a storyline for him, especially with how his death was nothing, show the cracks of all this time tampering. Have him transition into a foe for the team. This show isnt exactly giving us any riveting storylines with any of the cast right now anyway.

• Love 1

From Matt's Inside Line; no Barry/Eddie interactions in the time travel episode:

As we reported in October, OG cast member Rick Cosnett will be back for a singular episode, appearing in a sort of flashback. And while he might possibly maybe have scenes with Iris (and/or maybe even her and Barry’s grown-up, time-traveling kids!), his path won’t cross with that of Barry Allen’s. “I only got to see Rick behind the scenes and hug him — and it felt like no time had passed,” Grant Gustin told me. “But unfortunately, we didn’t share any screen time during his return.”

Congrats to everyone who wanted this; Rick Cosnett will have a recurring role in Season 8:

We can reveal that Cosnett will be recurring in Season 8, appearing in at least three episodes, and that his character is being reintroduced in an unconventional way.

“Rick’s been such a fantastic part of our Flash family since S1. And we have been looking for ways to bring him back to the show ever since,” Eric Wallace, executive producer and showrunner, said in a statement to Deadline. “Fortunately, we’ve been able to do so now in Season 8. And Rick has been fantastic in bringing an exciting new side to his portrayal of Eddie Thawne that honors the character’s past but also takes it somewhere unexpected.”

Wallace would not share further details, but I hear that Cosnett’s Eddie embodies different characters in his return....

I'm guessing, instead of Matt Letscher, he might also play a young Eobard Thawne. Those Reverse Flash flashbacks have to happen at some point, right?

Description for 8.06 is out:

"Impulsive Excessive Disorder" - (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (TV-PG, LV) (HDTV)

THE FLASH ZOOMS TO WEDNESDAY NIGHTS - Picking up where season 7 left off, after returning home from a visit for their parent's vow renewal, Bart (guest star Jordan Fisher) and Nora (guest star Jessica Parker Kennedy) quickly realize that things are not exactly as they left them. The duo race to repair any fissures in the timeline and restore everything back to the way it is supposed to be.

The series stars Grant Gustin, Jesse L. Martin, Candice Patton, Danielle Panabaker, Danielle Nicolet, Kayla Compton and Brandon McKnight.

David McWhirter directed the episode written by Thomas Pound (#806). Original airdate 3/9/2022.

Besides Rick Cosnett, I'm pretty sure JW Shipp is supposed to be in this as well, but no mention of either. I'm wondering if there are other guest stars, too?

I know marketing/promotion for the CW, and The Flash in particular, is kind of crap these days, but I still find it surprising that we don't really know what the rest of Season 8 is about when it comes back in two weeks. Some of the guest stars and teases of plots have been revealed; but what's the overall theme? Who's the main villain? If there is one.

I don't see how all the bits of info we've gotten so far could fit together coherently. Plus, they've got to write around Danielle P.'s pregancy, and extra(?) breaks for Grant and Candice.

And then it's just going to be weird picking up the story from the end of Season 7, after the Armageddon event -- most of which is erased from existence, so I'm not completely sure how things stand. And then of course, whatever Bart/Nora shenanigans will change continuity yet again.

So far the only thing I'm really looking forward to is the Bart/Nora episode, and the return of Ronnie (with Firestorm, hopefully?).

8.07 synopsis:

"Lockdown" - (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (TV-PG, V) (HDTV)

SIT TIGHT-When a criminal invades the CCPD, Barry (Grant Gustin) and Kramer (guest star Carmen Moore) must trust and rely on each other if they are going to make it out safely.

Meanwhile, Caitlin (Danielle Panabaker) learns a valuable lesson while out with Snow and Mark (guest star Jon Cor).

The series also stars Jesse L. Martin, Candice Patton, Danielle Nicolet, Kayla Compton and Brandon McKnight.

Stefan Pleszczynski directed the episode written by Christina M. Walker (#807). Original airdate 3/16/2022.

-------

Christina is one of the newest writers (since Season 7), her last writing credit was "Masquerade", AKA the Cecile backstory/Psycho Pirate episode.

Well, at least the A-plot sounds watchable. I can't remember if the show has done the "can't go into superhero mode because I'll out my secret identity to the people I'm trapped with" trope before. (I assume that's what they're doing here?) Usually that's not a problem since Barry can move faster than sight, so I'm guessing his powers get blocked somehow.

In any case, Kramer probably learns Barry is the Flash in this one.

8.08 synopsis:

"The Fire Next Time" - (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (TV-PG, LV) (HDTV)

AN INVESTIGATION GETS HEATED - Barry (Grant Gustin) trusts his instincts during a murder investigation, believing the suspect, despite the overwhelming evidence against him, meanwhile Iris (Candice Patton) gives Allegra (Kayla Compton) an opportunity to be a mentor.

The series also stars Jesse L. Martin, Danielle Panabaker, Danielle Nicolet and Brandon McKnight.

David McWhirter directed the episode written by Joshua V. Gilbert (#808). Original airdate 3/23/2022.

---

So far this season, all the episodes except one have had a single writer credited instead of the usual two per episode. Not sure what that means, if anything. Is it an easier workflow because of Covid? Or some wanted more solo credits?

Gilbert is like in the middle tier of my writer rankings. His last credited episode was 7.09, "Timeless" (has story credit for 7.15).

This sounds like the episode where the guy with fire powers comes back.

On 11/11/2021 at 9:24 AM, Trini said:

'Max Adler Returning as The Hotness' -- He was the guy in 4.16 who got fire powers transferred to him.

Looking forward to the show coming back. We don't know who the big bad is yet, right? I know Jesse said to expect the reverse flash so perhaps he's the big bad of the last graphic novel?

• Love 1
On 3/4/2022 at 8:27 AM, RedVitC said:

Looking forward to the show coming back. We don't know who the big bad is yet, right? I know Jesse said to expect the reverse flash so perhaps he's the big bad of the last graphic novel?

Reverse Flash is probably the best guess at this point, but with Tom C. stepping back from the show, I'm not sure how that would work.

I think there's going to be at least two central/multi-episode villains in the back half. But yeah, they've been vague so far.

• Love 1

Another screener preview:

I do like Nora and Bart, so I don't mind a filler episode with them centered. I AM worried about the rest of the season, though.

8.09 synopsis:

"Phantoms" - (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (TV-PG, V) (HDTV)

THE FIRE WITHIN - Barry (Grant Gustin) and Team Flash get closer to figuring out the Fire Meta but no closer to finding him meanwhile Iris, (Candice Patton) needing a distraction, follows a story to Coast City.

The series also stars Jesse L. Martin, Danielle Panabaker, Danielle Nicolet, Kayla Compton and Brandon McKnight. Stefan Pleszczynski directed the episode written by Jeff Hersh (#809). Original airdate 3/30/2022.

I think this is supposed to start the next "graphic novel".

-----

And Caity Lotz is directing 8.16, if I calculated that right: https://www.instagram.com/p/CavJiIFvLA2/

From TVLine: https://tvline.com/2022/03/16/911-spoilers-buck-spring-premiere/

At the beginning of The Flash Season 8, Caitlin told Barry that she was open to starting dating again, then we got the news that Robbie Amell will reprise his role as Ronnie in two episodes. What is known about all this? –Clarice

Light is about to be shed on Caitlin’s evolving love life, though it’s unclear if dearly departed Ronnie will somehow enter back into it. Speaking with TVLine recently, Upload star Amell said, “It was really nice to be back [on The Flash]. Most of my stuff is with Danielle [Panabaker], and it was great to see her. We both have kids now, so it was really great to just catch up. And obviously, I have some stuff with Grant [Gustin]…. It was really great to get to go back and kind of do something fun, which you’ll see.”

I don't think this is new info? And Wallace already said in one recent interview that Ronnie coming back will complicate Caitlin's love life.

8.10 synopsis:

“Reckless”

WITH BATED BREATH – Barry’s (Grant Gustin) desire to keep Team Flash safe is tested when Frost (Danielle Panabaker) recklessly courts danger as she tries to stop the “Black Flame”, meanwhile, Iris (Candice Patton) tries to help a teen girl reunite with her mother but unintentionally does more harm than good.

The series also stars Jesse L. Martin, Danielle Nicolet, Kayla Compton and Brandon McKnight. Kellie Cyrus directed the episode written by Jess Carson (#810). Original airdate 4/6/2022.

the “Black Flame”

We know both Eddie/Cosnett and Ronnie are coming back for a few episodes; so this has to be one of them, right? Most likely Ronnie since he's supposed to appear in episode 11.

So this is the episode with Robbie Amell; 8.11 synopsis:

“Resurrection!”

WHISPERS AND SCREAMS – Barry (Grant Gustin) and Chester (Brandon McKnight) may have found a way to stop the “Black Flame” from hurting anyone else meanwhile Caitlin (Danielle Panabaker) decides to handle a situation on her own, possibly putting more innocent lives in danger.

Greg Beeman directed the episode written by Emily Palizzi (#811). Original airdate 4/13/2022.

Those two plots are actually the same plot, right? They should be both dealing with Ronnie. Caitlin/Frost focused plots tend to be iffy - we'll see how this goes.

Not really looking forward to the apparently horror-themed A-plot of 8.09; but I'm interested in Iris' B-plot that is supposed to introduce the Legion of Superheroes character - Tinya Wazzo/Phantom Girl. Somehow it's going to tie in with the 'time sickness', I'm guessing.

• Love 1

I still think the "Black Flame" is some version of Ronnie; but the last episode put out the possibility that whatever it is might only project the image of Ronnie. Either way, it looks like it will be haunting Frost and/or Caitlin.

The reveal that 'cold' fire meta(??) is also a ... grief vampire is just super weird -- even for this show.

But I still think it's Ronnie because the victims so far have been indirectly connected to Frost/Caitlin. I just don't see how they're going to explain the serial killing/grief vampire part of it.

(edited)

Next episode titles from SpoilerTV, which is usually reliable:

The Flash - Episode 8.12 - Death Rises
The Flash - Episode 8.13 - Death Falls
The Flash - Episode 8.14 - Funeral for a Friend
The Flash - Episode 8.15 - Into the Still Force
The Flash - Episode 8.16 - The Curious Case of Bartholomew Allen

Don't even really have any speculations based on the titles; I'm hoping the "Into the Still Force" is a major episode for Iris and this time sickness nonsense.

As for the death-themed titles; I don't think anyone important is dying, so whatever.

--------

Also Jordan Fisher came back to film for the finale? I think?

Edited by Trini