Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Lisin

Spoilers and Spoiler Discussion

New haircut for Iris? Candice cut her hair shorter:

The only problem I have is that I think this lessens the already slim of chance of us seeing Iris' hair naturally curly again.

Anyway, seems like they'll do a time jump to start the 'real' Season 7.

On 11/20/2020 at 5:49 AM, Trini said:

The only problem I have is that I think this lessens the already slim of chance of us seeing Iris' hair naturally curly again.

I wanted to see more ponytails and braids. Now that's not going to happen  🙁

I hope they won't ruin her hair.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Starry said:

*In theory* she could get box braids, or another African braid style, but we already know they already have trouble finding people to do the basics, so....

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Trini said:

*In theory* she could get box braids, or another African braid style, but we already know they already have trouble finding people to do the basics, so....

Did any of you watch "Jingle Jangle" on Netflix? Eric Wallace should hire whoever did the hair styling on that movie. The styles for the Black women and Black girls were fantastic!

On 11/21/2020 at 7:36 PM, Trini said:

Candiace doesnt seem to do many styles with her hair even when it was long but she could still get box braids....but I'd be shocked for them to explore Iris with different hairtyles on The Flash this late in the game. Anissa seems to be one of the very few Arrowverse characters who actually gets to do anything with her hair outside of the safe styles that tv has conformed to.

On 11/21/2020 at 6:54 AM, Starry said:

Extensions can make ANYTHING possible lol. 

11 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

Candiace doesnt seem to do many styles with her hair even when it was long but she could still get box braids....but I'd be shocked for them to explore Iris with different hairtyles on The Flash this late in the game. Anissa seems to be one of the very few Arrowverse characters who actually gets to do anything with her hair outside of the safe styles that tv has conformed to.

Well, Black Lightning has a whole different team in a whole different city, with people who know what they are doing with Black hair.

I don't see how it being "late in the game" has anything to do with Iris having some different hairstyles. Even if they won't hire anyone with specific experience with Black hair, they just need someone with some imagination who will put in the effort. For example, the Supergirl hair team which manages to have varied updos, braids, etc. for Kara (when she's not Supergirl). And when Cisco and Killer Frost were in the Supergirl Elseworlds episode, they had different hairstyles for them.

It's hair. There are so many things they can do.

• Like 1

Spoiler TV has the upcoming titles (they are usually accurate): 

https://www.spoilertv.com/2020/11/the-flash-season-7-first-5-episodes.html

The Flash - Episode 7.01 - All's Well That Ends Wells
The Flash - Episode 7.02 - The Speed of Thought
The Flash - Episode 7.03 - Mother
The Flash - Episode 7.04 - Central City Strong
The Flash - Episode 7.05 - Fear Me

Keep in mind that 7.01 - 7.03 was supposed to be the conclusion of Season 6, so 7.04 starts the real Season 7 arcs.

I don't really have much speculation based on these titles. I think we already knew pre-Covid that there was going to be a Wells-centric plot. "Central City Strong" sounds like the city coming together after their annual disaster; so it's appropriate for a "season premiere". I'm assuming "Mother" refers to Eva - and only Eva, because I refuse to set myself up.

Quote from Danielle Nicolet from CCXP:

https://comicbook.com/dc/news/the-flash-season-7-fan-favorite-villains-return-danielle-nicolet/

During The Flash's presentation at the virtual CCXP in Brazil last weekend, Nicolet explained that some "bad guy favorites" would be paying a visit in the upcoming season of the series.

"You know we’re not allowed to tell you secrets about the season. But I will say I think it's a reasonable assumption that, yeah we always have time travel, on some level, happening," Nicolet said. "I mean, I can tell you this, there are going to be some favorites from the past, some bad guys favorites that may be paying a visit or two this season so I'll leave it up to you to speculate on how they’re going to get to us."

I'm guessing "favorites" is whoever's available in Vancouver. But a couple of returns were already spoiled from set pics or reports.

----

Looking at the way CW is rolling out it's trailers, I'm guessing we won't get a new trailer until January. Even if they can't show us new footage yet, I wish they do other stuff for promo. It's weird that they're not even announcing guest star casting. We'd usually have some of that at few months before the season premiere.

Like, not even the poster for Season 7? And I know there was more stuff from FanDome that they didn't use.

Edited by Trini

Now I'm seeing speculation that Candice's short hair might be a wig for Iris. Pro: maybe Iris cutting her hair will actually be a plot point or subplot. Con: if it is a wig, there's probably only going to be -at most- two hairstyles for Iris for season 7.

Apparently the show filmed a flashback from Barry's childhood:

---

Someone pointed out that Masonville was mentioned in Season 3 finale(?) when Barry was talking to Savitar about a memory from their childhood.

I wish they'd do some teen Barry & Iris flashbacks!

• Like 1

On 12/1/2020 at 7:03 AM, Trini said:

Spoiler TV has the upcoming titles (they are usually accurate): 

https://www.spoilertv.com/2020/11/the-flash-season-7-first-5-episodes.html

Keep in mind that 7.01 - 7.03 was supposed to be the conclusion of Season 6, so 7.04 starts the real Season 7 arcs.

I don't really have much speculation based on these titles. I think we already knew pre-Covid that there was going to be a Wells-centric plot. "Central City Strong" sounds like the city coming together after their annual disaster; so it's appropriate for a "season premiere". I'm assuming "Mother" refers to Eva - and only Eva, because I refuse to set myself up.

It seems Central City Strong is a reference to Planet of the Apes. It's more than likely another Grodd episode.

I agree about Mother.

54 minutes ago, Starry said:

It seems Central City Strong is a reference to Planet of the Apes. It's more than likely another Grodd episode.

Hmmm- They don't usually do the annual Grodd episode this early, though.

1 hour ago, Starry said:

1 hour ago, Trini said:

Hmmm- They don't usually do the annual Grodd episode this early, though.

I don't understand how CC Strong is a reference to Planet of the Apes? I thought it was a reference to how other cities have used it - Boston Strong after the marathon bombing, for example. If it is Grodd, maybe it's a way to have physically distanced / interacting less for safety measures.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, shantown said:

I don't understand how CC Strong is a reference to Planet of the Apes? I thought it was a reference to how other cities have used it - Boston Strong after the marathon bombing, for example. If it is Grodd, maybe it's a way to have physically distanced / interacting less for safety measures.

I didn't either; but I looked it up, and apparently Central City is also the name of the city (of apes) in Planet of the Apes.  I'm more inclined to think it's a Boston Strong, etc. reference than a PotA reference.

I know nothing about Planet of the Apes. Other fans caught the reference and I took it at face value because they were filming with the stunt guy they use for CGI villains like Grodd and Bloodwork.

https://tvline.com/2021/01/13/the-flash-season-7-villain-jon-cor-cast-chillblaine/

TVLine has learned exclusively that Shadowhunters vet Jon Cor has landed the recurring guest star role of Mark Stevens aka Chillblaine.

The official character description tells us, “Scientist Mark Stevens is a charismatic bad boy obsessed with cryogenic technology. But when he’s not breaking into corporate safes, he’s busy breaking hearts with his irresistible charm and roguish style. Armed with his own cold weapons, he’ll become a new thorn in the side of Team Flash as the DC Comics villain Chillblaine.”

In comic book lore, Chillblaine has sometimes partnered with (and sometimes partnered with) villainess Golden Glider aka Lisa Snart, but there are no plans at this time for Peyton List to reprise her Season 1 role.

------

My first thought is that this is going to be Killer Frost's boyfriend.

After Captain Cold, Killer Frost, and Icicle, Eric Wallace better have something new with yet another cold/ice villain.