Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: Judge's Chambers

• Start Topic

10 hours ago, stewedsquash said:

I am learning more about the new fangled tv stuff on this thread than I want...I blame Byrd is the Word.

Ha! You blame me, but one of these days you’re going to find that you need to log back into your Netflix or Hulu account and you’ll come knocking on my door for help. And you’ll get it if you want. 😉

James Spader transcends sex symbol territory. The man is a mind messer.

That’s his appeal for me also. He plays that character so well. I’m sure I have a star crush on a female sort of equivalent but I can’t come up with one at the moment. There are SO many crushes. 

Edited by Byrd is the Word
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

"when your Dad and I were young, we had to get off our chairs to change channels on the TV and even to change the volume??"

I tell my kids that we had remotes in the 70’s that would change channels and adjust the volume. They were called our little brothers and sisters and their batteries never needed to be replaced. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
22 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

We had a big antenna, and it was in the attic.   Guess who had to run to the attic to adjust it for football playoffs?   Yes, it happened whenever the game was blacked out on D.C. channels, but on Baltimore.    

My dad had a large antenna on a rotating mast in the 60's.  If a Bears game was blacked out in Chicago he would rotate the antenna from inside and pick it up from either Rockford, IL or South Bend, IN. Good times.

• Love 3
On 12/30/2018 at 7:45 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

I think it ridiculous that the current husband is still supporting her

I guess some people really can be as dumb as they look and he thinks a few years in the slammer is going to turn that slag into a moral and decent person.

What really bugs me about all this: I've been to VT many times and know there is some serious poverty there, yet untold sums were spent on these two pieces of shit - trials, and to keep them fed, housed, clothed, given medical care in prison (all things law-abiding, working citizens have to pay for themselves) all these years then the astronomical expense of hunting them down with helicopters and legions of cops and then setting that slimeball Sweat up in a new, high-security solitary confinement facility like he's some endangered species. It's just too bad the cop at the end didn't shoot sooner and maybe they could have gotten rid of Sweat too. But to hit a moving target at 100 yards - pretty good shooting I guess.

• Love 2

Y'all pray for me. My oldest son is getting married this October and my middle son is getting married the following October.

Oh, dear. I'm sure we all - with visions of the horrors of JJ wedding cases - feel your tredpidation. Probably best to stay neutral if you feel might be dealing with Bridezillas trying to outdo each other.

• Love 3

When my first became engaged, I gave very serious thought to the type on FIL I wanted to be to my new daughter in law.  I made certain my lovely bride did also.  I'm proud of the relationship we have with the spouse of each of our kids.  Neither of us wanted a repeat of the shit each of us endured from our respective in-laws.  Needless to say but the wedding will be done in 4 hours.  Then you have the rest of your life to love and support the new family members.  Or not.

• Love 6
On 1/10/2019 at 11:32 AM, stewedsquash said:

Thank you for that @Byrd is the Word  (I am doing my usual, You're a dude? thing in my head, haha My default is always women posters are here, haha)

I always assume that as well. Not sure why!

Anyway, the big news is that I just bought a new phone (my second only) because my other 4-year old one has a battery that runs down really quickly and has a really small screen that doesn't allow a decent viewing of JJ when I'm on the go. It cost 164$, I paid for it myself, it's not on someone else's plan.  It's on a prepaid plan that costs me 17$/mnth. What am I doing wrong?  Why can't I get a 700$ phone, like the disabled, welfare collecting, SSMOT, homeless, Byrd-subsidized litigants?

• Love 5
13 minutes ago, badhaggis said:

Welcome back! I have missed you guys!!

Just found things turned back on... take awhile to get used to the new look - but discovered the new choices when clicking on the ❤ when I went to acknowledge your post

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 1/22/2019 at 4:35 PM, AngelaHunter said:

Why can't I get a 700$ phone, like the disabled, welfare collecting, SSMOT, homeless, Byrd-subsidized litigants?

I have an iPhone 5s.  The last phone AT&T gave away when you signed up for them for 2 years.  I've used AT&T for 35 years.  I cannot imagine paying 700. for a phone.  I don't. understand how people justify it.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, parrotfeathers said:

I have an iPhone 5s.  The last phone AT&T gave away when you signed up for them for 2 years.  I've used AT&T for 35 years.  I cannot imagine paying 700. for a phone.  I don't. understand how people justify it.

Usually just a few dollars tacked onto the phone bill forEVER (and usually for more money than it would cost to buy outright). Long before phone is paid for the "buyer" has traded off the now obsolete phone for the latest and greatest new model - unless, of course, they breach the rental agreement and the provider demands the money yesterday.... or their friend they met last week and they put on their plan stops paying their share and/or sold the "free" phone

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, SRTouch said:

Usually just a few dollars tacked onto the phone bill forEVER

Sort of like auto loan payments, we broke that cycle a while back. I’ve been with Verizon Wireless for years and love them more any any other mega provider I have. We’ll buy a new iPhone from Best Buy or elsewhere (Costco sells them now also I’m told) and activate it with VZW. Now it’s really no different than my personal computer. I buy the one I want, use it up...and then replace it. No more contracts or obligations to a lender. It’s clean and simple. I could explain it to her highness in 15 seconds of less. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I understand some of the latest and greatest phones go for about $1,000.    That's too much to even take out of the house.    

Or drop - repeatedly - in the toilet

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Unless of course, you want to get rid of the evidence, and it's a phone someone else paid for anyway.

I guess the pay every month for eternity because the phones are so expensive is the reason we have so many phone cases.    The ones where the phone can't be used on other company's plans, because it wasn't paid off yet.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, SRTouch said:

Or drop - repeatedly - in the toilet

Haven't done that.  Yet.  So far my most expensive phone phuck up involved carrying on a conversation immediately prior to getting into a hot tub then putting the phone in the pocket of my trunks.  10 seconds after sinking into the tub I checked my pocket for the phone.  Good.  It's not there.  But 2 seconds later there is was at the bottom of the tub, dead as can be. $800 not quite down the drain but about 7" away.

What's everyone else's best story?

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

Phone companies push hard to get you on a payment plan to get you to purchase more phone than you need.  It works well for their accounting.  Many people don't realize what they are getting into.  When I bought my last phone (I do need a smartphone for work but I use them until they are beyond worn out), I said to the salesperson, "I am not going to amortize a phone." He still set up the contract that way.  Instead of providing the electronic signature, I cancelled then bought the phone outright.  When it's on payments they also want to charge for insurance, so the cost skyrockets.

• Love 4
22 minutes ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

Phone companies push hard to get you on a payment plan to get you to purchase more phone than you need.  It works well for their accounting.  Many people don't realize what they are getting into.  When I bought my last phone (I do need a smartphone for work but I use them until they are beyond worn out), I said to the salesperson, "I am not going to amortize a phone." He still set up the contract that way.  Instead of providing the electronic signature, I cancelled then bought the phone outright.  When it's on payments they also want to charge for insurance, so the cost skyrockets.

Years ago when the "full retail" price of a flip phone was $300 and your carrier would give you one for free every two years it made sense in a 2001 sort of way.  The carriers had us all locked in for another two years when you signed that agreement and that was just the model then.  Early termination fees.  Remember those?  But my present phone set me back $1,200 and I bought it outright.  This way I save money on my monthly connection charge ($20 vs $40), I'm not obligated to Verizon (though I love them like pizza) and I treat the phone like the expensive piece of computer hardware it is.  I'm also old enough to remember when we were charged by the minute, long distance was extra and only Bill Gates could afford to use his phone outside his service area.  Roaming charges, remember those? As an outside sales person in the late 80's I remember $400 monthly bills and they weren't balked at by accounting.  Today I have four of us on an unlimited plan for a bit less than $200 per month.  Not everything was better in the good old days.

• Love 7

I just got a Samsung Galaxy J4 from Amazon because, well, my brother came over and showed me his phone and like everyone else, I immediately wanted one like it and my first and only phone was getting very slow. I love my new phone, even though I don't know how to use most of the features without my tecchie brother instructing me. Anyway, I have a prepaid plan with Koodo and it costs 15$ a month. I can do unlimited texting and watch JJ or even movies on it, get the weather and directions and what more do I need? Byrd doesn't even have to pay for it but I guess if he did, I'd get a 1,000$ phone too.

Anyway, I don't take it into the bathroom when I'm bathing. I figure there's nothing so urgent that it can't wait until I get out of the bath. I take it in my car with me just in case of catastrophe/accident/getting stuck in the snow and use the notepad to remind me what I need to buy at the store. I'm like JJ - I'm a simple "girl" and need only simple things. Even I  - technologically challenged as I am -  know enough not to buy a phone from my service provider since I'd pay for it for the rest of my life, as it seems to fall under the "rent to own" thing.

• Love 5
29 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Why can't the idiot plaintiff see that she was scammed, and the defendant was too?

As annoying as this woman was, I felt bad for her. She got fleeced out of $7,000 and that’s a tough pill to swallow for anyone. But at 21 she’s just learning that sometimes this shit happens to the best of us and there’s nothing anybody can do to make it right. Mr. Bolton is either the best liar I’ve ever seen or a victim himself.  Hopefully for her it will be the worst scam she’s ever the victim of and one day can see that the guy that scammed her clearly did the same to Mr. Bolton.  I hope one day that the law or the universe catches up with Mr. Griffin and he gets the beating he deserves. 

• Love 4

I have been with Verizon for years (they were the only provider where I lived for 7 + years), and I buy the phone from them, and then pay it off.   That way I'm not paying for two years for the phone, and get it over and done with.     

I hope Mr. Griffin and his confederates run into the wrong person, and get their fannies kicked.    I can't believe they did the same scam in Tijuana and survived.    

I love how JJ kept pointing out to her that the defendant wasn't the man who sold the car, it was in someone else's name anyway, and even if she had it the car couldn't ever be registered, because it had a bad title.   My guess is it would have flunked the smog test anyway.

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, AngelaHunter said:

WTF is going on? Has no one learned that seldom does anything good come from using CL? 

The police department in my city has a designated area at the station to meet & conduct interweb transactions.   I've often wondered how many "deals" suddenly fall through when the sketchy party finds out where the meetup is gonna be.🤔 

• Love 5

So I have to admit that I’m bewildered by whole the pit bull thing. We have dear friends who’ve had 2 over the past 15 or more years. Both were rescues. Both were 2 of the sweetest, most gentle dogs I’ve ever been around. Neither ever hurt another living thing except maybe the odd squirrel. I’m not a dog person by nature and I loved both of these dogs. These friends are intelligent, responsible and not the type of person we regularly see on JJ trying to defend some vicious attack. In the 70’s and 80’s my family had a pair of Doberman Pinchers that were then the most hated and feared dogs there were. Neither of our dogs ever hurt anyone or anything. So I don’t get what the problem is. Is it the breed? Is it the breeding? Is it the owners? How can two dogs that look so similar be so incredibly different? Make no mistake. I’m not defending the breed. Just trying to understand. 

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, Byrd is the Word said:

So I have to admit that I’m bewildered by whole the pit bull thing. We have dear friends who’ve had 2 over the past 15 or more years. Both were rescues. Both were 2 of the sweetest, most gentle dogs I’ve ever been around. Neither ever hurt another living thing except maybe the odd squirrel. I’m not a dog person by nature and I loved both of these dogs. These friends are intelligent, responsible and not the type of person we regularly see on JJ trying to defend some vicious attack. In the 70’s and 80’s my family had a pair of Doberman Pinchers that were then the most hated and feared dogs there were. Neither of our dogs ever hurt anyone or anything. So I don’t get what the problem is. Is it the breed? Is it the breeding? Is it the owners? How can two dogs that look so similar be so incredibly different? Make no mistake. I’m not defending the breed. Just trying to understand. 

I think it's a combination of breeding and the breed.  They've been bred for certain traits and it takes special owners and special training to overcome the breeding -- and even then, can they be totally trusted?

There are thousands of pit bulls and most of them must be doing just fine, or there would be more laws against owning and breeding them.   We have two neighbors who had sweet, friendly pits, but as soon as their baby was born, the pits were re-homed.  So even the owners, who had raised Jordan and Jasmine from puppies, didn't totally trust them around the new baby. 

It takes a lot of care to train a dog to go against its breeding. I don't think they're worth the risk, especially if they're going to be around children.

• Love 7
9 hours ago, AuntiePam said:

I think it's a combination of breeding and the breed.  They've been bred for certain traits and it takes special owners and special training to overcome the breeding -- and even then, can they be totally trusted?

Exactly. As in many situations, it's not an "exclusive OR" explanation, but a combination of factors. Some people are too lazy to work to train those dogs, others are too dumb or ignorant and some actually encourage those in-bred traits to come out.

Also, those traits pits were bred for will not show up equally or as strongly in all individuals. Some of those dogs may indeed be loving family pets and non-violent. But that does not appear to be the norm amongst pitbulls.

Edited by Florinaldo
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, Byrd is the Word said:

So far my most expensive phone phuck up involved carrying on a conversation immediately prior to getting into a hot tub then putting the phone in the pocket of my trunks.  10 seconds after sinking into the tub I checked my pocket for the phone.  Good.  It's not there.  But 2 seconds later there is was at the bottom of the tub, dead as can be. $800 not quite down the drain but about 7" away.

Way back when cell phones were about the size of a brick. I had my phone in my overalls chest pocket and leaned over to scoop water out of a hole so I could find the leak in an irrigation head - thought no way that big thing could slip out of a buttoned pocket... but it did.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

When I bought my last phone (I do need a smartphone for work but I use them until they are beyond worn out)

Trying to remember when I got my first cell phone, and drawing a blank. I remember it took pictures - but so bad that I went and bought a little digital camera. Anyway, my best recollection is that I'm on #3, and this is my first smart phone. It was fancy fancy when I bought it years ago, and every so often US Cellular offers to upgrade it (along with my tablet - which is also years old)

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Byrd is the Word said:

In my opinion I think a lot of pit owners don't take the damage these dogs can do seriously. The jaws on these dogs are extremely strong. If they ever decide to attack someone or something they go in for the kill. I once  had a dog that was part pit that turned aggressive. I had her put down after she tried to kill my mothers dog.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

In my opinion, it's always the owners, and I've said this for years.

I’m inclined to agree with you. I’ve seen countless dog cases on JJ and I have never seen a single pit owner I’d want as a friend or neighbor. Frankly, they all come off as stupid aggressive, bullying trash.  When we had Dobermans we heard over and over that “they turn on their masters”. Such nonsense born of ignorance and hysteria. Sometimes it’s very difficult to separate fact from fiction  

• Love 5
13 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Charles Griffin is who the defendant bought the Crosstrek

So get a load of the sender of this scam email I received today.  It's hard to believe it's a coincidence.  I wonder if the fake name of Charles Griffin in a known thing in the scammer community.

Interim Assistance General Manager,
(Operations,Maintenance,Transportation)
Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport
285 Rodgers Pepper Lane,
Dallas,Texas 75243, USA Email: charlesgriffin042@gmail.com

Your Abandom Package For Delivery

I have very vital information to give to you, but first I must have your trust before I review it to you because it may cause me my job,so
I need somebody that I can trust for me to be able to review the secret to you.

I am Mr. Charles Griffin, head of luggage/baggage storage facilities (Operations,Maintenance,Transportation) here at the Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport USA. During my recent withheld package routine check at the Airport Storage Vault, I discovered an abandoned shipment from a Diplomat from Africa and when scanned it revealed an undisclosed sum of money in a Metal Trunk Box weighing approximately 110kg. The consignment was abandoned because the Contents of the consignment was not properly declared by the consignee as “MONEY” rather it was declared as personal effect to avoid interrogation and also the inability of the diplomat to pay for the United States Non Inspection Charges which is $3,700USD. On my assumption the consignment is still left in our Storage House here at the Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport till date. The details of the consignment including your name, your email address and the official documents from the United Nations office in Geneva are tagged on! !! the Trunk box.

However, to enable me confirm if you are the actual recipient of this consignment as the assistant director of the Inspection Unit, I will advise you provide your current Phone Number and Full Address, to enable me cross check if it corresponds with the address on the official documents including the name of nearest Airport around your city. Please note that this consignment is supposed to have been returned to the United States Treasury Department as unclaimed delivery due to the delays in concluding the clearance processes so as a result of this, I will not be able to receive your details on my official email account. So in order words to enable me cross check your details, I will advise you send the required details to my private email address for quick processing and response. Once I confirm you as the actual recipient of the trunk box, I can get everything concluded within 48hours upon your acceptance and proceed to your address for delivery.

The Requested Information is to ensure that no mistake or error is made and it should be forwarded in the manner stated below:

Your Full Name:..
Your Complete Address: ..
Name of City of Residence: ...
Name of Closest Airport to your city of Residence:.
Direct Telephone Number:.

Lastly, be informed that the reason I have taken it upon myself to contact you personally about this abandoned consignment is because I want us to transact this business and share the money 70% for you and 30% for me since the consignment has not yet been returned to the United States Treasury Department after being abandoned by the diplomat so immediately the confirmation is made, I will go ahead and pay for the United States Non Inspection Fee of $3,700 dollars and arrange for the box to be delivered to your doorstep Or I can bring it by myself to avoid any more trouble but you have to assure me of my 30% share.

I wait to hear from you urgently if you are still alive and I will appreciate if we can keep this deal confidential. Please get back to me via my private Email ( charlesgriffin042@gmail.com)for further directives:

Best Regards
Mr. Charles Griffin

• LOL 5

From my online sleuthing, Charles Griffin LLC does investigations, like asset hunting for divorces.     There are tons of postings about scammers online from 2010 that apparently were uncovered by his firm, however, there are also scammers using that name too.    It's like the scam emails that have names of government officials who fight against fraud having their name used illegally.   

How were you supposed to contact Mr. Griffin if you're not still alive?  

My guess is the Pits in this case were bred from fighting dogs, and were true to their breed, in that they are dog aggressive, not human aggressive. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 3
Just now, CrazyInAlabama said:

My guess is the Pits in this case were bred from fighting dogs, and were true to their breed, in that they are dog aggressive, not human aggressive.

I was surprised and relieved when I saw how easily they surrendered to Mr. Lucas.  I truly believe that guy took his life in his hands and I'm glad things turned out no worse than they did.

• Love 6
14 hours ago, Byrd is the Word said:

In the 70’s and 80’s my family had a pair of Doberman Pinchers that were then the most hated and feared dogs there were.

In the 70's the Dobbie was the Thug Dog DuJour.  They were all over the movies with different villains,  just like pits now.  "Trapped" with James Brolin had six Dobbies and it was scary as hell!

Anytime you start to see a breed in movies, etc. it won't be long before the breed starts getting screwed up.  Just ask Dalmatian owners.

Notice a lot of "Mastiffs" lately?  That's the new Thug Dog of fashion.  Even POS lady from yesterday tried to claim she had Mastiffs.  Pits are starting to lose favor and the shelters are stuffed with them around here.

I buy the newest Moto phone every few years.  Always less than $200 and will do amazing things other smart phones won't.  

• Love 3

I didn't catch where they came from, but from watching the Animal Planet Animal Cops, and Animal Precinct shows, laws on dog attacks vary.  In some jurisdictions an attack by a dog on another animal, even if the victim dies isn't even cited, and only attacks on humans are against the law.  

I can't believe both litigants in the car scam case fell for that, buying a car with a bad title is amazingly foolish.   I wonder how many times that car has been sold, swiped back, and resold?     However, people falling for well known scams keeps happening.   They just had another warning where I live about the phone calls from the grandchild, and they need to send thousands or they'll never be let out of jail, or treated at the hospital.      Both scams must rack up thousands a week around this area alone.   

I guess everyone who gets scammed thinks they're getting a great deal, and could never fall for a scam.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 2

Check this video -  Real courtroom Link these folks were in a real courtroom for sentencing of family member for drunk driving which resulted in a death - then started giggling as the grieving family talked to court of their loss. Real life judge blasted them - then proceeded to give them the boot - when one woman, dressed for club in LBD, kept running mouth as she was given boot the real life version of Byrd is sent to drag her back into court where she was sentenced to 93 days for contempt (apparently 93 days changed to 1 night and apology after night in hoosegow)

• Love 4
51 minutes ago, SRTouch said:

Check this video -  Real courtroom Link these folks were in a real courtroom for sentencing of family member for drunk driving which resulted in a death - then started giggling as the grieving family talked to court of their loss. Real life judge blasted them - then proceeded to give them the boot - when one woman, dressed for club in LBD, kept running mouth as she was given boot the real life version of Byrd is sent to drag her back into court where she was sentenced to 93 days for contempt (apparently 93 days changed to 1 night and apology after night in hoosegow)

Good!  FYI, every place I go to watch the video, it is only displaying a street map (if anything at all)  They have scrubbed this video.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Brattinella said:

They have scrubbed this video.

Probably threatened by the defendants and their families for shaming their behavior publicly. How dare they show what the jerks are really like.

• Love 3
On 2/16/2019 at 1:48 PM, Brattinella said:

Good!  FYI, every place I go to watch the video, it is only displaying a street map (if anything at all)  They have scrubbed this video.

It played for me, @Brattinella on the link above. Suffice to say you didn't miss much unless you were looking to see what trash looks like in sentient form—and with freshly bolted-on enormous breast implants. 

2 hours ago, Giant Misfit said:

It played for me, @Brattinella on the link above. Suffice to say you didn't miss much unless you were looking to see what trash looks like in sentient form—and with freshly bolted-on enormous breast implants. 

Thank you!  No, I really didn't need to see the video, I just wondered if they were high-powered enough to quash it.  There is probably something wrong with my player. :)

• Love 2

Speaking again of scam emails - I need to know who (besides litigants) would jump on this opportunity:

SGT ANDREW CHANDLER <stolen email addy removed>

Wed 2019-02-13 4:09 AM

Kindly accept my apology for sending you this email without your consent. I am Sgt.Andrew Chandler,assigned to 782nd Brigade Support Battalion, 4th Brigade Combat Team, 82nd Airborne Division[3], I am seeking your assistance On A Project Proposal Worth Millions of Dollars and a box full with diamonds, Please contact me for more Details.Kindly accept my apology for sending you this email without your consent. I am Sgt.Andrew Chandler,assigned to 782nd Brigade Support Battalion, 4th Brigade Combat Team, 82nd Airborne Division[3], I am seeking your assistance On A Project Proposal Worth Millions of Dollars and a box full with diamonds, Please contact me for more Details.

For giggles, I answered it (address fabricated) I guess the thought of that box full with diamonds made me greedy:

"My Dear,

Kindly accept my informations. I am Officer Brown John assigned to the 12th precinct of the 5th Borough of Manhatten 8899  Broadway Ave New York United State of America Badge number 45508.Kindly accept my informations.  I am Officer Brown John assigned to the 12th precinct of the 5th Borough of Manhatten 8899  Broadway Ave New York United State of America Badge number 45508"

Sgt Andrew replied. Really, how the hell do they scam anyone??

SGT.ANDREW CHANDLER

Sun 2019-02-17 6:18 PM

Kindly accept my apology for sending you this email without your consent. I am Sgt.Andrew Chandler,assigned to 782nd Brigade Support Battalion, 4th Brigade Combat Team, 82nd Airborne Division[3], I am seeking your assistance On A Project Proposal Worth Millions of Dollars and a box full with diamonds, Please contact me for more Details.

*sigh* I see I'm not getting through to him. Maybe I need to simplify things?

I send this:

Sun 2019-02-17 7:44 PM

Ok!

That certainly got Sgt Andrew feeling frisky. But I'm really peeved. The box full with diamonds is now a box full with gold. Oh, well. I guess I can work with that and the 300,500,000.00$. I hope I don't have to pay the postage on this. I must ask Andrew, who is worried about losing his career when he has all that money.

SGT. ANDREW CHANDLER <andrewchandler541@gmail.com>

Mon 2019-02-18 1:20 AM

Greetings

Thank you very much for giving me the opportunity to express my
business proposal to you. I am assigned to 782nd Brigade Support
Battalion, 4th Brigade Combat Team, 82nd Airborne Division[3]. I was
born in California before later joining the force and My Address is
888 East Walnut Street  Pasadena, CA 91101 (this address is an empty office space), I am seeking your
assistance to evacuate the sum of $300,500,000.00 (Three Hundred
Million, Five Hundred Thousand United States Dollars) And a box full
with gold as far as I can be assured that it will be safe in your care
until I complete my service here and we can also build friendship with
this transaction.

You may be wondering why I choose to trust a delicate matter like this
in the care of a stranger, but this is the best I can do in my present
situation and I would have trusted this kind of project in the hands
of my wife who was my closest confidant, but I lost her to cancer on
22nd April, 2008 5 months after we got married, and my only brother
has ruined his life with hard drugs, hence my decision to work with a
neutral person if we can establish some trust between ourselves
instead of confiding in my buddies back home so that this little
secret can be preserved.

SOURCE OF THE MONEY:

I and some other high ranking Officers made some deal on oil business
when i was in Afghanistan before my exit to Iraq where i am now. The
deal worth $40 billion United States Dollars and after we have all
share the money,I realize $300.5 Million US DOLLARS and a box of gold
worth $1,1Million Dollars as my personal share of the deal, due to my
status as a US Sergeant, I can not transfer this huge funds to my
account in United States to avoid any interrogation or face any kind
of probation by the U.S government or Money Laundering, so I decide to
package my own share in a briefcase and the Gold Inside it which i
sent to the Red-Cross society, because there is no other way out to
keep this funds with me here, so with the help of a German contact
working with the UN here (his office enjoys some immunity) I was able
to get the package out to a safe location entirely out of trouble
spot. He does not know the real contents of the package, as I have
deposited the consignment as a family treasure. Your acceptance to
this would encourage me to send further information for us to proceed.

Furthermore, If my offer is of no appeal to you, delete this message
and forget I ever contacted you. Do not destroy my career because you
do not approve of my proposal. I believe that such opportunities only
come once in a lifetime. I cannot let this chance pass me by. For once
I find myself in total control of my destiny, if you will not work
with me let me know so i can find another trustworthy person. But If
you give me a positive response, I will give you the relevant details
and initiate this process towards a conclusion. I send you this mail
not without a measure of fear as to what the consequences, but I know
within me that nothing ventured is nothing gained and that success and
riches never come easy or on a platter of gold. Do not betray my
confidence.

If you wish to still proceed with this proposal, Kindly let me know
and I will provide you with the proof of the funds plus my working ID
card in my next message to you.

Regards,
Sgt.Andrew Chandler
God Bless America.

No, seriously. How do they scam anyone?

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2

My former hair stylist fell for the "I can't cash these checks myself; will you cash them for me and take a percentage?" scam.  We had a good, long talk about how ridiculous it was to fall for such a thing.  Seriously?  Someone has all these checks coming in and absolutely no other way to have them cashed than to reach out to a complete stranger on line.  Yep, that's how life works. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
42 minutes ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

My former hair stylist fell for the "I can't cash these checks myself; will you cash them for me and take a percentage?" scam.  We had a good, long talk about how ridiculous it was to fall for such a thing.  Seriously?  Someone has all these checks coming in and absolutely no other way to have them cashed than to reach out to a complete stranger on line.  Yep, that's how life works. 

If we're all being honest most of us have fallen for a scam or two in our lifetime.  Years ago I was scammed on a very expensive wrist watch eBay sale that used a stolen credit card to complete the purchase.  In addition to the money, I lost a lot of sleep over the upset of being so foolish.  I comfort myself by imagining that the eBay experience taught me a lesson that might save be from a greater loss one day.

1 hour ago, AngelaHunter said:

SGT ANDREW CHANDLER <stolen email addy removed>

Wed 2019-02-13 4:09 AM

Kindly accept my apology for sending you this email without your consent. I am Sgt.Andrew Chandler,assigned to 782nd Brigade Support Battalion, 4th Brigade Combat Team, 82nd Airborne Division[3], I am seeking your assistance On A Project Proposal Worth Millions of Dollars and a box full with diamonds, Please contact me for more Details.Kindly accept my apology for sending you this email without your consent. I am Sgt.Andrew Chandler,assigned to 782nd Brigade Support Battalion, 4th Brigade Combat Team, 82nd Airborne Division[3], I am seeking your assistance On A Project Proposal Worth Millions of Dollars and a box full with diamonds, Please contact me for more Details.

Funny how these emails never answer the begged question of how I, the recipient, got to be the lucky one presented with this golden opportunity.

• Love 2