Type keyword(s) to search

Father Gabriel: Knockin on Heaven's Door

• Start Topic

Really thought Father Gabriel had turned the corner, finally aligining himself with Team Grimes. 

Accepting the new world order and become battle ready.

Guess not, poor Seth Gilliam.

He deseves better IMHO, I'm disappointed with the character's betrayal of the group.

So much for my "Praise the Lord, Pass the Ammo!" scene.

Edited by MrsRafaelBarba

I suggest we could change the name of this thread to "Father Gabriel: Judas Priest"

If he is knockin to get in somewhere, it isn't Heaven.

A paraphrase in the same vein:

Father Gabriel: Hell Bent Forever

• Love 2

Here's a possibility. Maybe he's actually more genre-savvy than we give him credit for. He knows about the show's black man policy, but when they were on the road he really had no choice except to stay with the people who could protect him. And he figured at least he could run faster than Noah and Tyreese. But they're gone now, so he is distancing himself from the group by as wide a margin as he can. Otherwise he'd be doomed.

• Love 1

This is surely showing my age, but:

At the end of "Spend", FPP is snarking on CDB and he says, "They are dangerous".

Was anybody else reminded of the scene in Jesus Christ Superstar, when the Pharisees are discussing the threat Jesus poses to their establishment?

The refrain to the song in the scene was the Pharisees repeating over and over again "He is dangerous" in a chanting tone.

I though Prayin' Gabe's use of the same statement was, like, astoundingly appropriate.

• Love 2

I got to thinking - (scary, I know)......

With the way the writers have made us love to hate Gabriel, that poor dude needs an agent or something to boost his appeal to the masses.  Maybe they can make him a music video, based off that Naughty By Nature song, "O.P.P.", only the name of the song (F.P.P) and chorus lyrics changed to "you down with F.P.P?".

If nothing else, maybe some people won't want him killed off just so they can keep hating him, and that much more so.

• Love 1

Ok, considering (SG's real life) very new events......

FPP now has his own soundtrack, consisting of songs such as:

• "One Bourbon, One Scotch, One Beer" by George Thorogood
  • "Smokin' in the Boys' Room" by Motley Crue
  • "Highway Star" by Deep Purple
  • and, of course, his own personal version of "O.P.P." by Naughty By Nature

Not bad, for a yellow-bellied pathetic imitation of a 'man of the cloth'.

• Love 4

I think we should change the title of this thread...considering recent events...to Father Gabriel:  He's on the Highway to Hell

Other nominations:

Father Gabriel: Burn, Baby, Burn

Father Gabriel: It's 4:20 Somewhere

Father Gabriel: Burning in Hell, Or Just Burning One?

Father Gabriel: Stokes Tokes

Father Gabriel: Driving the Highway To Hell at 107 MPH

• Love 5

Recently, I was watching the opener to the spinoff series. I won't talk about that here, except that there were some stained glass windows right at the beginning, and my immediate instinctive reaction was: "God damn it, this better not be the backstory of Father Fucking Pee Pants!"

Then my second thought was: "You haven't had to see him in months! How can this hatred of a fictional character run so deep?"

Interestingly, I realized that I had an answer. It's the actor, but it's not that he's bad. In fact, I actually like Seth Gilliam in other roles. The problem is: this role is horrible.I'm not sure that the writers know he's horrible, but he just is. And Seth tries to play this horrible character sympathetically, which just doesn't sell. Now if he were to cheese it up a bit, and really make all that cowardice and selfishness shine, the character might be kind of fun. People here have compared him to Dr. Smith, on "Lost in Space." The hilariously bad original series, not the movie. There's an important difference, though. Jonathon Harris knew that Dr. Smith was there for us to mock, and he played the character comedically. If SG did the same sort of thing with Father Pee Pants, then watching him would actually be entertaining. But instead, much as I enjoy saying his nickname, I gain absolutely nothing from having him on my screen.

• Love 4

Then my second thought was: "You haven't had to see him in months! How can this hatred of a fictional character run so deep?"

A question I've asked myself more than once, mostly recently about Tyreese. I don't even hate FPP. He just bores and irritates me. He's so predictable. We know in advance that whatever he tries to do he's going to fuck it up and then stand there with sweat rolling down a face contorted with terror. It never varies. At least Dr. Smith was entertaining.

• Love 3

Right now I'm wondering how he will screw up next. Will he be in charge taking Morgan's pet wolf for walksies, and fall for the old "I can't poop unless I'm outside city walls with no one within fifty feet of me" schtick? Will he discover the new sewer route, wander through it unscathed somehow, and then stand there at the gate screaming for help until the Wolf pack hears him? Or will he loan his guns to Rapey Raymond, the town sex offender who everybody just puts up with because he's a great shoe repairmen?

• Love 1