Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: Behavioral Gabbing Unit

• Start Topic

On 10/26/2022 at 12:53 AM, Bookish Jen said:

Congratulations on the new nephew idiotwaltz. Nathaniel is a lovely and classic name. I like it.

I have some bad news. I lost my job a few weeks ago. The company I was working for lost 11 clients and two sources of funding so they had to lay off some people, one of them being me. My boss actually cried when she was told she had to get rid of me.

Money isn't a huge concern right now. I do have quite a bit saved up. And I contacted a temp agency I've worked with before, and they're looking for some temp work for me in the interim.

However, having time off gave me a chance to clean and organize my apartment a bit, go to the gym more often, walk around my neighborhood, and read lots of good books!

Sorry to hear about your job @Bookish Jen but I hope this is the universe’s way to lead you to bigger and better opportunities. 

On the topic of good books, I’ve been listening to Demon Copperhead by Barbara Kingsolver on Audible. It’s a retelling of David Copperfield in southwest Virginia and I really like it so far! 

Hope everyone is keeping well.