Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: Behavioral Gabbing Unit

• Start Topic

yeah, and I'm hoping that *Matthew* isn't among the 'families and friends of the victims'. He's from Vegas, and I've been mourning for all of them, of course, and worried  about his own friends.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Annber03 said:

Amen.

Deepest condolences to the families and friends of the victims. Truly horrifying. 

Same. Why? Just...why?

2 hours ago, ReidFan said:

yeah, and I'm hoping that *Matthew* isn't among the 'families and friends of the victims'. He's from Vegas, and I've been mourning for all of them, of course, and worried  about his own friends.

Let's pray everyone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzylHkl8Q4U

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, Fashionista7 said:

HAPPY FRIDAY THE 13TH, EVERYONE!!!!!!!

Yesterday, I got to see JOE BIDEN, give a speech on ending sexual violence at my college!

It...was...AWESOME!!!!

That sounds great :)

My Friday the 13th certainly lived up to it's name....what a day.

Computer help!

I'm trying to save images of MGG on my USB to that location, but it keeps saying "This location on Disk... is full. Choose another location and try again."

My USB is 32; almost 10 GB space is full.

Evening when I'm trying to move the file, it says "An unexpected error is keeping you from moving the file/folder. If you continue to receive this error, you can use the error code to search for help with this problem."

PLEASE HELP!!!!

Just finished the first season of the new Netflix show Mindhunter. I can confidently say that a LOT of folks here will like it, possibly love it. 

It's a David Fincher- directed look at the origins of the actual BAU, base on the book. The lead character, Holden Ford, has quite a few "Spencer Reid" nuances about him, and the FBI boss reminded me quite a bit of Hotch. Holden's partner Tench is excellent, as are the actors cast as the serial killers. 

Anyway, CM comparisons aside, you should check it out if you get a chance!

• Love 2

My sister (who is also a big CM fan ) was talking to me about it a few days ago, she showed me the trailer and I have to say that we both thought that it seemed interesting. So I'll tell her that another CM fan thinks it's worth having a look at it. Thanks for the recommendation. 

• Love 1
On 21/10/2017 at 6:10 PM, Willowy said:

Just finished the first season of the new Netflix show Mindhunter. I can confidently say that a LOT of folks here will like it, possibly love it. 

It's a David Fincher- directed look at the origins of the actual BAU, base on the book. The lead character, Holden Ford, has quite a few "Spencer Reid" nuances about him, and the FBI boss reminded me quite a bit of Hotch. Holden's partner Tench is excellent, as are the actors cast as the serial killers. 

Anyway, CM comparisons aside, you should check it out if you get a chance!

Just saw the trailer for it and looks very interesting!!! Good suggestion as I was looking for something new to watch and this looks like something I will enjoy.

Edited by ReidGirl
  • Love 1

Didn't know if I should put this in the media thread, since it isn't about "Criminal Minds" specifically,  so I'm sharing it here instead, but Shemar Moore was just on Stephen Colbert's show to promote "S.W.A.T." and it was awesome  :D. He and Stephen did some sort of "abs-off" (nobody took shirts off or anything, though. But Stephen did have a bit of fun with Shemar about his tendency to walk around shirtless :p).

And Shemar said his mom had a crush on Stephen, so that makes me like her even more now :D. She has good taste. 

Anywho, yeah, it was a really cute and fun interview. I know the episode will be on the CBS website in full, but I'll see if there's a video of just the segment itself. If so, I'll share it here. 

Edited by Annber03
  • Love 2
37 minutes ago, Annber03 said:

And it's only been a damn month since the mass shooting in Vegas. A month.

What the fuck is it going to take to get people motivated to actually put a stop to this crap, seriously? 

The Onion does this article after every mass shooting that gets significant media coverage.

• Love 4

I've seen that article, and it's so sadly true. 

Yeah, somehow other countries have managed to figure out this whole gun control thing, but gosh darn it, it's just too hard for us to figure it out for our own country. 

But we'll keep on sending our thoughts and prayers and insist that "now isn't the time" to talk about this issue, though. 'Cause that's clearly been working so well thus far!

• Love 2
58 minutes ago, Annber03 said:

I've seen that article, and it's so sadly true. 

Yeah, somehow other countries have managed to figure out this whole gun control thing, but gosh darn it, it's just too hard for us to figure it out for our own country. 

But we'll keep on sending our thoughts and prayers and insist that "now isn't the time" to talk about this issue, though. 'Cause that's clearly been working so well thus far!

Look, I'm a conservative and I love to go to shooting ranges as much as the next guy, but SOMETHING had got to CHANGE. There are certain people who have NO business having a gun...and there are certain types of guns no one really should have. We have to step it up with our mental health screenings, or put tighter background checks, or do something. Because this shit is getting old. 

• Love 1

Norm is right.  Let your voice be heard, and if they don't listen to you, show them the door.  Tomorrow is Election Day in the US.  VOTE!  But do your homework first.  Critical thinking and logic cannot be overrated.

• Love 2

Seriously? Ok: Here's what we know so far about the church shooting. Guy was a security guard for the church. Failed marriage, domestic violence, yadda yadda. His mother in law   went to the church, and he blamed her for all his problems. 

• Love 1

Fashionista, I read that in her voice. 

And yes, precisely, that is what they are going to do. And they will still do nothing about it. What we are seeing now amounts to taxation without representation, because even the gun enthusiasts want stricter rules imposed like bump stock bans and full background checks. The only ones that don't are the gun lobby and the NRA, who stuff huge $$ into the pockets of our congressmen and women. Do your research and you'll find that the top 20 beneficiaries of huge donations from the gun lobby and NRA are all republicans, with Paul Ryan getting the largest payout. 

They could do something about it if they wanted to, but they care more about protecting their wallets than the American public. They are no longer representing us. They. Don't. Care.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Willowy said:

Fashionista, I read that in her voice. 

And yes, precisely, that is what they are going to do. And they will still do nothing about it. What we are seeing now amounts to taxation without representation, because even the gun enthusiasts want stricter rules imposed like bump stock bans and full background checks. The only ones that don't are the gun lobby and the NRA, who stuff huge $$ into the pockets of our congressmen and women. Do your research and you'll find that the top 20 beneficiaries of huge donations from the gun lobby and NRA are all republicans, with Paul Ryan getting the largest payout. 

They could do something about it if they wanted to, but they care more about protecting their wallets than the American public. They are no longer representing us. They. Don't. Care.

So until we have another Sandy Hook--may they all RIP--we just wait for the next bloodbath.

35 minutes ago, Hotchgirl18 said:

Sadly, Strauss was ahead of her time. 

Sadly true, indeed.

11 minutes ago, Fashionista7 said:

So until we have another Sandy Hook--may they all RIP--we just wait for the next bloodbath.

That's the most horrifying thing about all of this. Sandy Hook was a prominent example, but children have been dying in many of these mass shootings for years. Children died in the one that happened yesterday, too. And when I was in middle school back in the late '90s, I very clearly remember the numerous school shootings that popped up in the news, and the horror that was Columbine. 

When it comes to virtually almost every other political issue under the sun, "Think of the children!" always pops up as an argument at some point. Always. And it usually winds up being a big motivator for why we do and don't do certain things in this country as a result. 

And yet when it comes to mass shootings, for some reason, children dying just doesn't seem to be enough of a motivator to change our system. I honest to God do not understand how that happens. I really don't. 

• Love 1

I remember that one. Yeah, after a while I got a little nervous going to school, 'cause it seemed every few months that was happening somewhere. 

And when I went to school after Columbine, kids were walking around looking kinda spooked. 

(On a significantly lighter note...you were a baby in 1997? *Feels old* :p.)

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, Annber03 said:

I remember that one. Yeah, after a while I got a little nervous going to school, 'cause it seemed every few months that was happening somewhere. 

And when I went to school after Columbine, kids were walking around looking kinda spooked. 

(On a significantly lighter note...you were a baby in 1997? *Feels old* :p.)

Yes. I am 20. My brother was in high school when Heath happened. Grandma panicked over where Kevin went to school. Couldn't get a hold of mom. Thankfully, he went to Reidland 

Last year at Murray, State University (my school now) there was an armed intruder waking around the Wellness Center. Near cafeteria. 

Folks, I'm glad you're passionate about this, and I'm also horrified by the violence, but politics is a generally forbidden topic on this site, so we've got to stop discussing that aspect of these situations. Feel free to talk about how awful the shootings are and your feelings about them and etc, but please, don't bring up the gun control debate in the US or the elections.

Hey, everyone!

I'm trying to log onto http://www.cmcaps.com/, but whenever I do, it just says this:

Server not found!

Hmm. We’re having trouble finding that site.

We can’t connect to the server at www.cmcaps.com.
If that address is correct, here are three other things you can try:

Try again later.
    Check your network connection.
    If you are connected but behind a firewall, check that Firefox has permission to access the Web.