Type keyword(s) to search

Mob Wives - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I am shocked to see that this is Season 5! It is so trashy that I can't resist it. 

The Drita scene at Mob Boss, with each one of the gang at home calling, was too set up for me. Also, Drita saying that it's "impossible" to do all the things that she needs to do. Welcome to the club, honey! I'll save a seat for you.

Edited by jennylauren123
  • Love 1

This is one of my many guilty pleasures.  I was surprised to see Karen come back.

What was Alicia's sentence? 

4 years probation : http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/alicia-dimichele-years-probation-stealing-union-article-1.1903874

This season's preview at the end is juicy. I can't wait except for Victoria Gotti. Please... She was in an episode of RHONJ this season, it's not like she could have any kind of street cred left if she ever had any so presenting her as "a real boss"...

In the preview also, Big Ang seems to go physical this time. I have a crappy memory : isn't this the first we see her go there ?

• Love 2

So the trashy ladies are Back! Looks like everyone except Renee went a little crazy with the ombre hair and highlights. 

Why does Drita have to open Lee's store. Where the eff is Lee? Oh, sorry, he's at home, telling Drita what to cook for dinner. WTF?

Natalie is still stupid and Renee is still crazy. 

Message to Ang - Having a baby doesn't automatically make you a responsible adult who makes good decisions. I'm sure her son will be back to running the streets in no time. 

• Love 3

I am shocked to see that this is Season 5! It is so trashy that I can't resist it. 

The Drita scene at Mob Boss, with each one of the gang at home calling, was too set up for me. Also, Drita saying that it's "impossible" to do all the things that she needs to do. Welcome to the club, honey! I'll save a seat for you.

I feel like Drita doesn't actually go to her stores often which is why everyone was calling her all of a sudden. If you're really at your place of work day in and day out, your kids and husband will know to stop bothering you and it kind of just becomes a part of life.

And let me just say that I am sick of these women with "Italian this" and "Italian that." I am Italian (Sicilian) with the passport to prove it and I would never let a man talk to me like their husbands do, nor would I use my ethnicity as an excuse for my bad behavior. When Natalie was like, "Ohhh, I'm Sicilian, we just pop off!" my eyes rolled out of my head. Che vergogna.

Edited by RococoChanel
  • Love 8

This season's preview at the end is juicy. I can't wait except for Victoria Gotti. Please... She was in an episode of RHONJ this season, it's not like she could have any kind of street cred left if she ever had any so presenting her as "a real boss"...

In the preview also, Big Ang seems to go physical this time. I have a crappy memory : isn't this the first we see her go there ?

IIRC. yes. Big Ang always avoided fisticuffs; plus, no one ever came at her trying to physically fight.

ETA: I have the same phone as the one used at Lee's store. So when someone called Drita, it took me a good minute to realize it was the TV and not my phone ringing.

Edited by OnceSane
  • Love 2

Natalie is totally a "SPOON"! Shit-stirrer extraordinaire! Big Ang was pissed when Gnat told Drita what Renee had said.

What happened to all Renee's lipo? The operation that almost killed her. Doesn't look like it took, bwhaha! Also, Big Ang is not looking good this season. It almost looks like she blew up her lips even more. And who ever is doing her make-up must hate her. Not a good look.

I'm on the fence about Karen returning, although this is the best she's ever looked. But for Renee saying they are family and have each other's backs - does she forget the first season when she totally turned her back on Karen because of Sammy the Bull being a rat? She's lucky that Karen forgave her.

And lastly - I really want to see Lee on the show. I want to see with my own eyes what Karen and Drita were fighting over for three seasons!!

• Love 2

I find it funny that Karen is pissed that Natalie called her dad a rat. He IS a rat!

ETA: Drita always has the best lines, the "strawberries on my tits" line slayed me.

Edited by OnceSane
  • Love 7

4 years probation : http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/alicia-dimichele-years-probation-stealing-union-article-1.1903874

I used to love Growing up Gotti!

Yes, one thing I always loved about Big Ang is that she stayed out of those silly, posturing cat-fights; she had a little dignity  I hope they don't send her down that road..

Renee's looking more like BA every season.

• Love 2

BA?

That has to be Big Ang, because it is so true.  She must have used Big Ang's plastic surgeon.

But seriously, you remember when Renee was like "I can look like Carla without having to work out!"  Oh my friend, famous last words

Natalie is a shit stirrer.

I can't believe Victoria Gotti is being painted as the boss of anything.  John Gotti was like 1994, this shit was over 20 years ago.  And the reviews about him as a Mob boss are pretty unflattering.  I've always thought that Gotti might have also ratted but there was no one for him to rat out, he was the teflon don the feds wanted.  I wonder how she feels about Karen?

Oh, and by the way - John Gotti did not come up with "walk soft and carry a big stick" I feel like thats attributable to Teddy Roosevelt.

I'm tired of Drita talking about how much she wants to smash someone's face in, or pull out their teeth one by one.  Shit or get off the pot already.  

I can't believe these women are the age they are and still getting into hair pulling matches

Having said that, this show has rarely been must see TV for me, but the previews look freaking ridiculous!

• Love 3

I really want to see Lee on the show. I want to see with my own eyes what Karen and Drita were fighting over for three seasons!!

If I'm remembering correctly, Drita said during one of the reunions (maybe last year??) that Lee never wants to be ON camera, so I don't think we'll be seeing him on the show any time soon. However, if you do a Google search, you can see a couple of photos of him. :)  

Add me to the list of people who never thought Ang would get this angry and (eventually) violent. I would love to know exactly what it is that Renee has said "around the Island" that would set Ang off.  I don't recall seeing anything on Twitter that would do it. Then again, I wasn't looking out for it. I did see Renee posting a lot about "true friends" and "loyalty."  

• Love 1

I find it funny that Karen is pissed that Natalie called her dad a rat. He IS a rat!

ETA: Drita always has the best lines, the "strawberries on my tits" line slayed me.

I KNOW, RIGHT? Her father is the turncoat to end all turncoats. Which is cool to us normal people because the mafia is awful but girl, bye. Your dad is a rat. Own it. If I were Karen I'd go to a party and take out a block of parmigiano reggiano from my purse like, "Mmmm, and what?" *finger snap and head roll*

• Love 8

I'm tired of Drita talking about how much she wants to smash someone's face in, or pull out their teeth one by one.  Shit or get off the pot already.  

I can't believe these women are the age they are and still getting into hair pulling matches

Having said that, this show has rarely been must see TV for me, but the previews look freaking ridiculous!

Man, she talks so tough, then ends up pulling hair just like the rest. Haha.

Edited by xls
  • Love 4

These are grown-ass women threatening mayhem on each other. They dress like hookers and act like trash. I watch this, but I'm really embarrassed that I do. Bunch of stupid, bored, and boring bitches. And Renee is looking more and more like Ang. I could barely tell them apart in the previews.

• Love 3

I gotta say something about Rene in that long gray dress. I know she's had work done, but did the work include butt implants? It really, really looked that way. Anyone else want to weigh in? 

I am kind of fascinated by the whole idea. They don't move correctly with the glutes.

Edited by jennylauren123
  • Love 2

I gotta say something about Rene in that long gray dress. I know she's had work done, but did the work include butt implants? It really, really looked that way. Anyone else want to weigh in? 

I am kind of fascinated by the whole idea. They don't move correctly with the glutes.

I was thinking the same thing! She was channeling Kim Kardashian. Just ew!

• Love 1

I think she did have her butt done, if I remember correctly. I remember her complaining about her flat butt. She looked terrible in that grey maxi dress. I could not get over the sweat stains on her stomach. That's a weird place to sweat.

• Love 2

I am the queen of sweat, it can happen anywhere. LOL

Renee may have had a Brazilian butt lift, it seems to give everyone the exact same-looking butt. I'll have to take a look next episode because I didn't notice/look for it this time around.

• Love 3

I love this show, without shame. I'm a little worried about Big Ang getting into fights, I love her as the voice of reason who makes ridiculous facial expressions and just wants to go have a drink. And her and Drita together are gold for me.

I know Renee's sister is the producer of this show and so Renee probably hears exactly what sort of crazy she needs to exhibit to keep the storyline going, but she really is off the wall. She's so needy and desperate.

• Love 6

I'll be so sad if Big Ang stoops to the level of physical violence. I know she has a criminal past, but I love her. She's like a walking, breathing Muppet (the one who looked like Donatella Versace--only Big Ang has black hair). It's really not appropriate to be punching on other women at any age, and I loved Big Ang because she was so above it all and just wanted to have a good time.

• Love 2

I am the queen of sweat, it can happen anywhere. LOL

Renee may have had a Brazilian butt lift, it seems to give everyone the exact same-looking butt. I'll have to take a look next episode because I didn't notice/look for it this time around.

I think I remember she had a body lift, last season (?) which lifts your butt, and she had  complications from it. I think her wounds came open.

That has to be Big Ang, because it is so true.  She must have used Big Ang's plastic surgeon.

Yes, thank you RealityGal. :)

What was in Renee's ass as she was walking down the sidewalk?  Did she have that done?  Her tits were gigantic, too. 

Karen needs to admit what her father is and what he did.  (She is no angel herself, either.)  He may get some sort of credit by someone for coming clean about things but he is a murderer.  I get that he ratted to save himself but he still ratted.

I don't see Ang getting physical.  It's not her style.

Natalie needs to not bring London in to the funeral home with her.  Never mix your money and your honey, honey.

Victoria Gotti needs to shit can those awful hair extensions. 

• Love 1

From what we are shown, Drita is the boss of nuthin.   She takes shit from Lee, and does everything for him.  What exactly is he so busy doing that he can't open up his own shop in the mornings?  And he can't cook or go to the grocery store either?  Fuck that!  Especially for someone who crows about being so tough.  My ass.

• Love 4

The show has become even more stereotypical.  Do these women think they are in the mob?  The word rat flying everywhere.   Drita and Renee have absolutely filthy mouths.  Hope Drita's daughters don't watch this mess.  Me, I find it hysterical.

• Love 2

I'm originally from Staten Island and thankfully have never met any women (or men) like the ones on this show. I know where Big Ang's bar is but does anyone know the section(s) of Staten Island the women live in? Did they all originate on Staten Island or did they move from elsewhere? Curious!

Episode 2, description courtesy of TV Guide:

"Drunken Monkey Business"

Drita decides to meet with Renee to address their issues, but Drita's anger is shifted toward Natalie upon hearing new information. Meanwhile, Renee deals with her son's reckless behavior.

I was wondering about Natalie, where did all this hostility towards Karen come from?  She wasn't talking about her last season.

Then I realized something.  Natalie and Alicia were brought on as "new blood" last season.  Two years ago, I guess Karen didn't want to do it, Carla wanted out and they got rid of Love.  Maybe Natalie felt that she was the breakout star of the show and now that Karen is back (she is the one with the most name recognition), Natalie fears for her position.

BTW, who is Natalie related to?  Every time they show her name, her cousin's name is blanked out and it says, "Philly crime family...allegedly."  

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 1

BTW, who is Natalie related to?  Every time they show her name, her cousin's name is blanked out and it says, "Philly crime family...allegedly."  

I think Natalie's only relationship with organized crime is that she works at her grandfather's funeral home, and several well-known Philly mobsters had their funerals there.  Carto's may be the go-to funeral home for that crowd.  I don't know why they flash that phony business about an alleged cousin.  Jenn Graziano's doing probably.

• Love 1

I was wondering about Natalie, where did all this hostility towards Karen come from?  She wasn't talking about her last season.

Then I realized something.  Natalie and Alicia were brought on as "new blood" last season.  Two years ago, I guess Karen didn't want to do it, Carla wanted out and they got rid of Love.  Maybe Natalie felt that she was the breakout star of the show and now that Karen is back (she is the one with the most name recognition), Natalie fears for her position.

Natalie and Renee had a twitter war last year and Karen got drug into it by Natalie. Even last season, Natalie was calling Karen, whom she had never met, a "rat" on camera. She is desperate to make a name for herself no matter what.

When they said who she was related to last season, it was that her family allegedly ran the funeral home that Phillys mobsters used but not any 1 mob family or person. It was Alicia that had the real mob connection, not Natalie. Natalie was brought in to be Alicia's sidekick but she played the bigger wanna be "thug" and when Alicia was forbidden to film (sentence/probation restrictions) this season Natalie became the focal newbie.

• Love 1

What happened to the scenes that were previewed from the last ep? You know Renee running through a park or something screaming her son wasn't moving or something also V Gotti was supposed to be in last night's and is now moved to next week.

Renee's son's accident cost her 40,000 plus 3,000 in parking tickets? I tell you what, if I he was my son, I would not have paid a fking cent! Learn your lesson kid.

• Love 1