Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E09: Intel

Jiggle Billy

A mysterious Big Bad that's worse than Conrad? Didn't we already do this in season 2? Oh well, at David shaved.

I'll give the show credit, I only figured out tonight's plot twists (Margot's pregnancy, evil Fed chick) a split second before their unveilings. Or maybe I'm just slow.

At the near end, I was really, really thinking I was about to get treated to some Emily-Daniel hate sex but alas...

• Love 2

Well, I never liked the fed chick.  So will Jack find Emily's picture underneath that room service tray?   I couldn't tell what Victoria wrote on the picture, but I can't wait for the Emily/hit woman showdown. 

I guess they could keep coming up with more of these crazy plots indefinitely.  Is next week the fall finale? 

• Love 1

The scenes with Emily and Daniel's banter is just about the only thing saving the show for me right now. It's a shell of what it used to be. Where are the parties? Where is the Hamptons glamour? Where are the dramatic voiceovers? Why are we supposed to care about some random supervillain called Malcolm Black?

If the show kills off Daniel next week (props for the original writing, not like we saw this same pregnancy plotline with Declan) I might be ready to tune out of Revenge for good. If all the Graysons but Victoria are dead and/or AWOL then the show isn't Revenge anymore. It's just a bad police drama in the same setting. 

• Love 5

Another boring episode, & Emily still doesn't remind Daniel that he shot her. At least David apologized to Nolan, but really, who cares.

I have no interest in a Margaux pregnancy story.

David's story of where he was is stupid.

• Love 5

David's "apology" to Nolan was so half assed. "Oh, my bad, sorry I ruined your reputation on live tv in front of millions of people."

He's a terrible judge of character if he honestly believed Nolan betrayed him and Amanda, but is only just starting to finally see through Victoria.

Edited by jb1183
  • Love 1

Dear Amanda,

If you are going to torture people, consider closing the blinds on the windows first, especially after a cop interrupts your torture session.

Love,

Common Sense

Ben can eat a dick. While I get being annoyed that Emily was asking about Alvarez, just because a girl doesn't want to kiss you doesn't mean you should walk off in a huff. It is so annoying when guys get pissy when they realize they aren't going to get any at that very second. How dare a woman reject him? Women owe him kisses!

Thanks for posting what was written on the photo. Unlike Victoria, the production people have their choice of which picture to use, so why choose one with that has a dark shadow where she is going to write something? The only part I could see was "is Emily Thorne," which wasn't very helpful. I even paused to see if i could deciper the rest but no. I did love that Victoria has old lady handwriting.

Emily's WTF faces while Daniel was talking to her at the bar were hilarious.

I blame Margaux's staff for being dumb enough to call Louise's brother about his father. Idiots! I guess it's supposed to be good that Nolan felt guilty, but at this point it doesn't matter if he called off Margaux or not because the damage has already been done - Louise knows he turned on her. Now her psycho gaze will be fixed upon him. Hopefully she doesn't kidnap him and Victoria and chain them up next to each other.

I don't care about Malcolm Black but I love Nolan's nano tracer.

Great that David apologized to Nolan, but what about doing something to actually make it right? Everyone still thinks that Nolan stole Amanda's money and David isn't going to do jack to correct that? Thanks for nothing, David.

I loved that Margaux was holding so firm on telling Daniel to go away and then she went and ruined it by telling him she's pregnant. Ugh, now he's never going to leave you alone, Margaux! I was so offended on her behalf when she told him it was over and he asked why she got to decide that. Uhhh, because she doesn't need your permission to break up with you, Daniel.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 2

I was so offended on her behalf when she told him it was over and he asked why she got to decide that. Uhhh, because she doesn't need your permission to break up with you, Daniel.

And, uh, Daniel, she gets to decide because you're the one who cheated on her!

Great that David apologized to Nolan, but what about doing something to actually make it right? Everyone still thinks that Nolan stole Amanda's money and David isn't going to do jack to correct that? Thanks for nothing, David.

I liked that Nolan had some words for David when he showed up at the club, but really, Nolan forgives people way too easily. (Like the time Emily exposed Nolan's sex tape with Tyler.)

Edited by calipiano81
  • Love 1

David needs to publically apologize to Nolan or it doesn't really matter.  He publically shamed him.  He hurt his reputation and company.  David can say he made a mistake without putting Amanda/Emily in danger.

I have a slight hope that maybe David has been hanging around Victoria just to get the code to open the safe.  It was after she told him the date that means so much to her that he went and opened the safe.  He did not tell Victoria where it was.  He did give Nolan info about it though.  So there might be some hope.

Daniel and Emily actually have chemistry now and I look forward to their little run-ins. 

We don't care about Margaux so we don't care if she is pregnant.  I was surprised about the pregnancy because I don't pay enough attention to her scenes to know what is going on .

I suspected FBI woman just because I don't like her. 

• Love 2

I'm hoping Margaux bites it because I really couldn't care less about her pregnancy. Last night's preliminary rating is a 1.0, which is awful. They just need to wrap this show up already.

They would have to make it really interesting for me to care about a Margaux death.  Maybe creepy agent Kate somehow mistakenly kills Margaux instead of Emily and then Daniel gets on the Revenge bandwagon (with Emily's help of course).

• Love 2

They just bring too much extra stuff into this show that doesn't matter.  Even though we would assume David's story would have to be somewhat complicated (since after all it is completely stupid that he is still alive), do we need to add all of these mystery people that I can't figure out who is who and who is trying to do what?  Once they do that I don't really care what David was doing for the last 10 years, and I don't have a clue who is doing what now.  

I also hate that they keep targeting Nolan with people and situations that make him the enemy.  The David situation, and now Louise.... seriously, he is an interesting enough character that does not need to have all of these extra things going on.

And I am a bit baffled by the safe.  I am hoping that the previous poster is correct that it is a good sign that he hasn't mentioned the safe to Victoria.

• Love 3

If they're going to muddy the waters by introducing Malcom Black as a new Canadian character at this late date, then I think they should cast a Canadian in the role.  I vote for Dean McDermott, primarily because I'd love to see him killed on screen.

Edited by FineWashables
  • Love 2

My immediate thought upon hearing Margaux saying that she was pregnant was, "So Daniel, you think you've got some ammo on you or are you just gonna wait until a convenient gun shows up to shoot her?"

(Which isn't to say he only shoots women when pregnancy/non-pregnancy is involved but...yeah.)

Edited by PinkRibbons
  • Love 2

Did not see the Fed Chick is Evil twist. I was actually mildly impressed that the show managed to surprise me.

This is third flirty Emily/Daniel scene in a row this season that I have loved. STOP MAKING ME FEEL CONFLICTED ABOUT THIS, SHOW.

David is still dumb as a brick, truly. THIS is who Emily was fighting for all this time? Jesus. So not worth it.

Oh look, another evil supervillain in the shadows. Malcolm Black. Zzzzzzzz. Watch it secretly be Conrad or something.

Maybe creepy agent Kate somehow mistakenly kills Margaux instead of Emily and then Daniel gets on the Revenge bandwagon (with Emily's help of course).

Oh my God, I would so love it if there was an actual team of Revenge ‘R’ Us on this show. A little group that we can actually root for (for a change). It should be Emily, Nolan, Margaux, Jack, and oh hell Daniel can join too.

David is still dumb as a brick, truly. THIS is who Emily was fighting for all this time? Jesus. So not worth it.

Really.  There's just nothing interesting or likable about him at all.  I was anticipating that he would be smart, mysterious, charismatic.    He's coming across as ordinary and dull.  

• Love 3

Did not see the Fed Chick is Evil twist. I was actually mildly impressed that the show managed to surprise me.

This is third flirty Emily/Daniel scene in a row this season that I have loved. STOP MAKING ME FEEL CONFLICTED ABOUT THIS, SHOW.

Oh look, another evil supervillain in the shadows. Malcolm Black. Zzzzzzzz. Watch it secretly be Conrad or something.

Oh my God, I would so love it if there was an actual team of Revenge ‘R’ Us on this show. A little group that we can actually root for (for a change). It should be Emily, Nolan, Margaux, Jack, and oh hell Daniel can join too.

I had the same awful thought that they would try to make Black=Grayson. Maybe an evil twin? Ugh

I find David to be incredibly unlikable and a real fool. I have no faith that he is playing a long con, because he doesn't seem particularly clever. How he refuses to see Victoria for what she is astounds me. I was really hoping that during his reconciliation with Nolan he'd ask the truth, but it seems like he's perfectly OK with avoiding any real conversation about the true nature of Victoria's character and the hell she put Emily through. For a man who cares so much about his daughter, you'd think he'd want to find out more about what happened to her while he was pretending to be dead.

I am also getting back on-board the Emily/Daniel train. Hoping these two will have some hate sex now that everything is out in the open. They have incredible chemistry together. Which, of course, means he's going to die next week.

• Love 1

Third episode in a row I actually enjoyed. Still doesn't change my feelings on this show needing to end this season though.

Malcolm Black - a guy we've never heard. He better be an interesting villain, because this season is certainly lacking one so far.

The David/Victoria stuff is tedious though. Daniel's right about it ending badly for them. The fact that Victoria threw Emily under the bus yet again demonstrates how little happiness she actually deserves.

I didn't mind Emily torturing that guy. Nolan, Jack and David need to stop trying to rein her in, given that she never listens to them as well.

Emily and Ben have absolutely no chemistry at all. Weirdly enough, her and Daniel somewhat did in this episode though with their bar scene.

Was a little surprised by Margaux being pregnant and Kate revealed as a baddie but not too surprised.

Actually felt bad for Louise as well for some reason, 7/10

Actually felt bad for Louise as well for some reason, 7/10

I can't hate Louise, maybe because I dislike Margeaux.  Louise is crazy and deeply flawed, but she seems non-judgmental and when she is on her meds, probably a lot of fun.  I kinda hope she and Nolan become friends, because even loons need friends.

I'm still hoping against hope that David is playing the very long con.  At least her removed that ferret from his chin.

Writers - There is no redeeming Victoria so please DO NOT end this with her "happy family" of David her and Amanda. She needs to die at the end of this show.

Since Charlotte's, Emily's and faux-manda's pregnancies worked SO WELL (we hardly ever even hear a mention of baby whatshisname), why are you adding yet another pregnancy?  Is that the "go-to" plot twist?

On another tired plot, why are we adding another big bad Mr. Black?

David is getting a little more interesting with his hidden safe-o-money and evidence, but we need him to drop Vickie like a hot potato.

As much as a want to hate Daniel, damn if he and Emily are not so cute together.

Still don't know the reason crazy pants Louise is here, but I liked her and Nolan's friendship until he partnered with awful Margeaux

Speaking of partners, I was sure Victoria was talking to Ben when she was giving orders to track sown evidence, but alas, he is not evil (at least as far as I know yet), just boring as hell.

Didn't see the evil FBI agent coming, so there's that.

Edited by Julie23

I am excited for the mysterious Mr. Black. 

The actor cast in the role is Tommy Flanagan who played Chibs in Sons of Anarchy. That actor can do no wrong in my book. Although I'm fairly certain Revenge will prove me wrong.

I used to love love love this how. Now, i feel like i am just watching to see how bad it gets.

Margeaux being pregnant? STUPID!

I like Louise... shame Nolan blew that relationship because Margeaux and her staff were so stupid to call her brother... isn't he in jail anyway? 

• Love 1

So David was taken out of prison ten years ago and has since been laundering money for a Canadian super villain? The super villain really couldn't find anyone else to launder his money?

• Love 1

Seriously, David does not seem very smart. I am losing faith that this guy actually knows why he was in prison.

Revenge better end with a bang. Victoria publicly shamed for her "I'm the wronged woman, victimized by Conrad, blah blah" when she actively destroyed Emanda. Conrad was no part of that. what a delusional tool.

I'm liking the chemistry between Daniel and Emily. I'm okay with Emily realizing that she worshipped a dad that never existed and has devoted her life to right a wrong for a fool dad. Basically learn the same lesson that Daniel is learning..parents are not always the noble good people you wish them to be. I am ok with Daniel and Emily putting the BS aside and being frenemies for all of prosperity.

Edited by GirlWednesday
  • Love 2
I'm liking the chemistry between Daniel and Emily. I'm okay with Emily realizing that she worshipped a dad that never existed and has devoted her life to right a wrong for a fool dad. Basically learn the same lesson that Daniel is learning..parents are not always the noble good people you wish them to be. I am ok with Daniel and Emily putting the BS aside and being frenemies for all of prosperity.

If they would go down that route, I would probably like it better than where they're going now. Emily realizing she was foolish for giving up her life, her ability to have children, her love, etc for a man she idolized who is a complete and total moron with feet of clay. I would love to see Emily just walk away and leave him with Queen Victoria. She and Nolan can ride into Silicon Valley (where he probably belongs anyway being king of the tech geeks) and make all of the West Coast their playground. Her dad has and continues to make his choice and she isn't it. 

• Love 5

Ugh is Ben the worst or is Ben the worst? Ben's the worst. I just can't stand this guy at all. And he better be a villain or I'm going to be upset because otherwise why is he here?

I still dislike Daniel and wouldn't be upset if he died but I can appreciate his attitude at this point. He's the only character whose actions remotely make any sense. At least Daniel has goals. What exactly are the rest of these people doing exactly and more importantly why?

After every episode of this show I come out wondering WTF I just watched. David is awful. Beyond unlikeable and I'm hoping that the red marker comes out for one last time just so I can see Emanda cross an X over David's face because this guy is a waste of air and he should feel bad for existing at this point. You shoulda stayed dead, David.

And I would hate if David got the last laugh against Victoria, if this is some elaborate ruse, because he doesn't deserve it. Emily is the one that deserves that final retribution. At this point Emily should be fighting for her life, for the things that these people stole from her, her childhood, her home, her freedom.

The only way this show can redeem itself at this point is to make David evil. (I already sort of think he is. I will never get over what he did to Nolan, okay?) It would be really fitting if, like mentioned above, Emily realized that the David she spent much of her life devoting herself to wasn't the good man she thought he was.

Edited by Village
  • Love 1

When David said he had been laundering money for the last ten years I immediately got an image of him pinning $100 bills to a clothesline in a cabin in the Canadian Rockies.

What does that even mean? Don't you have to DO something commercial to launder money? How does that square with being the world's most reviled international DEAD terrorist?

And man, that guy has got to be the world's worst actor. I know that the writing might explain some of it, but a lot of the time he looks like he has no idea where he even is, or who is standing next to him.

• Love 5

It would be really fitting if, like mentioned above, Emily realized that the David she spent much of her life devoting herself to wasn't the good man she thought he was.

This would actually be a - dare I say it - really poetic and dark ending to the series. There are camps of fans who have genuinely come to see Emily as the real villain of the show. I strongly disagree with that, but I can see where they're coming from. Personally I think Emily losing Aiden, Amanda, Charlotte, and her ability to have kids was punishment enough for any perceived wrongdoings. But having her lose her father all over again - by realizing that he's a weak-willed idiot unworthy of all her efforts and love - would be the most devastating of all. It really wasn't worth all the trouble in the end.

I still want Emily to get as happy an ending as possible at this point, but losing her illusions about her father would be a really complex, interesting ending. But it's a network soap and written by a bunch of incompetents. So it's probably not gonna happen.

• Love 2

This episode was so pointless!  And the retcon about a safe hidden behind the rocks in a cave filled with five million dollars is straight out of a comic book.  I still don't buy any of David's ridiculous backstory. Though I do give them props for acknowledging that most of last season featured Margeww/Jack, and for mentioning Patrick.  But I think Victoria made that list of people she lost just to setup the fact that (per Joshua Bowman's request) Daniel will be the one to die next week.  And since that only leaves one Grayson left, it will setup the swift end to this wasted show.

Anyone beside me having extreme difficulty picturing that tiny little Fed (who looks like she weighs all of 105, fully dressed) strangling and then hoisting, a full-grown man over a beam that had to be 10 feet over the floor? The guy was fighting like a ninja and she just marshaled her super powers and strung him up?

Yeah, like that happened.

• Love 2