Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E08: Coda

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

I didn't like how we didn't get to see Carol wake up in the hospital. She just appeared in the wheelchair during the trade. They couldve had a great bonding scene with Carol and Beth with Carol waking up, etc.

This episode was really off and a major letdown.

She did wake up...I think. I remember seeing Carol open her eyes while Beth/Dawn were chatting in her room.
  • Love 6

I didn't like how we didn't get to see Carol wake up in the hospital. She just appeared in the wheelchair during the trade. They couldve had a great bonding scene with Carol and Beth with Carol waking up, etc.

This episode was really off and a major letdown.

I didn't like that either. I've noticed in the last few episodes that they skip scenes that sometimes I don't expect them to skip. For example, we didn't see Daryl tell the group that Carol and Beth had been taken. This episode, we didn't see Rick and the group figure out that Sasha had been hit by the officer. I get we don't need to see everything and it's not good for pacing, but at the same time, I feel like we see a lot of other slow scenes that I don't care about like the shit load of times that Tyrese has given some speech about being good and how hard it was to lose Karen.

JMO.

Edited by Brooke0707
  • Love 8

Michonne swinging that axe and then her katana with a fake toddler strapped to her back = TWD has officially jumped the shark for me.

Out of all things that show has done, Michonne fiercely defending Carl and Judith with the baby strapped to her back (a fake one because of course they had to use a fake one) is the tipping point? Anytime Michonne is allowed to be badass is fine by me. I was paying attention to how lethal she was in that scene to notice anything else anyway. I think that was the intent as well.

• Love 10

Whenever the show isn't working at a breakneck speed plotwise or having wall to wall action set pieces, the show is labeled boring. This show can never slow down or try for any type of character introspection. It gets labeled as boring every time.

That's not true.  At. All. This particular episode was boring because of bad pacing and bad writing. Clear in Season 3 and The Grove last season are among the show's best episodes and neither are action packed.

• Love 11

So the coda of the episode is 'The new world's gonna need Rick Grimes.'

I think that is the purpose of Father Gabriel, Eugene, and Grady Hospital storylines; that this is the new world and they need the person that will be ruthless when necessary and compassionate when possible and knows when each applies.

Edited by ParadoxLost
  • Love 14

Well that was certainly oversold.  For all the press of actors and showrunners telling us how shocking and gutwrenching it was going to be, it was mostly just ... there.

Looking back over this half season, this episode perfectly sums it up.  Some really nice moments, a few great ones, and a lot of weird pacing and pointless meandering filler.  During all the yammering in the go nowhere hospital scenes, I looked at my husband and wondered if the show remembered that it was midseason finale.  They kept throwing out names of bit characters like we were supposed to know or care who any of these people were.  Beth's death was pointless, but so were her actions and I'll leave it that.

I just can't even with Tyreese any more.  Good for you that you haven't changed but you're a liar and a complete liability.   Hopefully no one else will have to die or clean up after you because you won't.  On a brighter note, welcome back Michonne.  It was all kinds of glorious to see you and your katana again.  And count me in the group that was all about Rick gives no more fucks Grimes.  Andy Lincoln knocked every scene he was in tonight out of the park.

Edited by nodorothyparker
  • Love 11

That's not true.  At. All. This particular episode was boring because of bad pacing and bad writing. Clear in Season 3 and The Grove last season are among the show's best episodes and neither are action packed.

I'm talking in a general sense. Of course, not every one feels this way. But from the moment they slowed down this season, a lot reactions have went along the Boring! lines.

• Love 1

Well that was certainly oversold.  For all the press of actors and showrunner telling us how shocking and gutwrenching it was going to be, it was mostly just ... there.

Looking back over this half season, this episode perfectly sums it up.  Some really nice moments, a few great ones, and a lot of weird pacing and pointless meandering filler.  During all the yammering in the go nowhere hospital scenes, I looked at my husband and wondered if the show remembered that it was midseason finale.  They kept throwing out names of bit characters like we were supposed to know or care who any of these people were.  Beth's death was pointless, but so were her actions and I'll leave it that.

I just can't even with Tyreese any more.  Good for you that you haven't changed but you're a liar and a complete liability.   Hopefully no one else will have to die or clean up after you because you won't.  On a brighter note, welcome back Michonne.  It was all kinds of glorious to see you and your katana again.  And count me in the group that was all about Rick gives no more fucks Grimes.  Andy Lincoln knocked every scene he was in tonight out of the park.

Great points.

I had that problem with the names as well. I am a pretty big fan, but I really had trouble keeping straight all the different names of the officers they were throwing out. And this is really bad and I am probably a bad fan, but all that shit about Officer Hansen...I really was like "who the hell is Officer Hansen?" I know they mentioned him before, I just didn't remember his backstory. Probably because we never saw him as a character, so it's just like random names being thrown out.

• Love 5

Well, I figured from Talking Dead teasing an appearance by an unnamed guest that only one of the two women at Grady would be walking away with our group. I like Carol a tad more than Beth, so I wasn't too upset by the choice. Beth's role can be split in the future by Tara and Tyreese, whereas Carol brings a more interesting (IMO) dynamic, both demographically and in the experience that she has had on the show.

I would have felt for Maggie, except that her sudden realization that she had a sister made me laugh at her breakdown, and I know that wasn't what they were aiming for.

Loved Rick taking out Officer Bob at the beginning! Loved Michonne slicing through the walkers with Judith on her back! Still not convinced that Gabriel is worth the trouble. Luckily he's not a woman, so a fan base can't develop a hatred for the guy.

Looking forward to the next adventure. Little Five Points isn't far from Grady. They might score some weed.

• Love 6

I did not see that coming. Good job show.

This was the first episode that Emily showed some acting chops. Too little to late. When my sons heard me laughing and giggling he said I was mean concerning Beth's death. However it was really looking at Dawn mouthing she didn't mean it, cause she sensed she had messed with wrong one for that error. I first thought Rick was going to be the one, but Daryl was the appropriate gunman. I teared up but it was my feelings for Daryl's and Maggie's loss. Sorry I'm not missing you Beth now that you're gone.

I still don't know what when on with Hanson, Dawn and the hospital police squad. Maybe that's why the actress couldn't flesh out the character.

Enjoyed Dawn's fight with the cop. 

When that cop in a previous scene leered at Beth while lowering his head, I just howled. All he needed was a long mustache to twirl.

• Love 2

I'm not surprised noone from the hospital followed Rick. They've all become... institutionalized, so to speak, even the cops. After a couple of days being on the road, eating squirrels, drinking toilet water, sleeping in their dirty, bloodied clothes, they'd eat their guns I think.

• Love 4

That's not true. At. All. This particular episode was boring because of bad pacing and bad writing. Clear in Season 3 and The Grove last season are among the show's best episodes and neither are action packed.

Exactly. I'd also argue that in order to have a true character driven episode you have to have the characters progress in the episode. They have to move to a new emotional state. None of the characters progressed in Coda, they were all just treading water until the ending.

I didn't like how they didn't show Beth reunite in any meaningful way with the members of the group. Like not so much as a hello.

Like Rick checking Beth out to make sure she was OK and giving her a peck on the forehead? Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 2

You know, I hate sewing as much as anybody. I spend ten times as much time putting the thread back into the needle as I spend (badly) stitching anything. That's why my Halloween costumes tend to be held together on the inside with safety pins. Or duct tape. or sometimes stapled.

But the more I think about it, these lollicops are way, way too into their laundry-slave industry. Is it really worth wasting time, gas, and, sometimes, ammunition, cruising around looking for people to drive into, just so that a small percentage of them will survive and be useful enough to push around and scream at for not sewing up a hole in your shirt? I can't help thinking that just learning how to sew would be less work.

I mean, I understand wanting slaves if you're a big evil overlord who's building a gigantic anti-zombie wall or something, but... patching clothes up? Seriously?

• Love 21

I think this whole half season has been paced oddly and just hasn't really worked for me.  Also I am really wondering if we are going to have a new 'big bad' (Governor, Gareth,  Dawn) that we build up to in the mid or season finale each season?  I just feel like everyone is going in circles and it's like we are just killing time until the next 'big death'.  I admit the DC idea did give us a new goal to look to, but even that is gone now.  At this point the only ones I really care about are Rick, Carol, Daryl, Carl, and Michonne.

I agree that this half-season has been paced oddly. Season opener was as good as it gets. The next two episodes were strong as well. Then, suddenly, momentum seemed to come to a grinding halt. Group splits then group gets back together...and has acquired a firetruck and a gimpy pastor with a death wish.

The Termites were good villains and they were dispatched quickly, long before viewers start gnashing their teeth as they did with the Governor. But instead of coming up with something to move the group (and the story) forward, we get another villain whose motives are not properly explained. And, of course, if there is a villain there has to be a "shocking" character death.

It is a little repetitive. I like all of these characters...well except Abraham and Fr. Gabriel. There has to be a better way of blending character development and action than what we saw tonight.

• Love 6

Looking back over this half season, this episode perfectly sums it up.  Some really nice moments, a few great ones, and a lot of weird pacing and pointless meandering filler. 

I agree.  Hindsight being 20/20 there are a lots of missteps they took that lessened the impact of Beth's death.  It feels like it could have been more powerful.

• Love 7

I didn't like that either. I've noticed in the last few episodes that they skip scenes that sometimes I don't expect them to skip. For example, we didn't see Daryl tell the group that Carol and Beth had been taken. This episode, we didn't see Rick and the group figure out that Sasha had been hit by the officer. I get we don't need to see everything and it's not good for pacing, but at the same time, I feel like we see a lot of other slow scenes that I don't care about like the shit load of times that Tyrese has given some speech about being good and how hard it was to lose Karen.

JMO.

The pacing was off this time around, but I think the writers are trying to give us the viewers credit for being able to put 2+2 together. We didn't get a scene of Darryl bringing Noah out of the woods, yet we knew it was him based on the ending of "Consumed".  I think we're supposed to have figured out that the injection worked and Carol had minimal or no internal injuries.

• Love 1

The pacing was off this time around, but I think the writers are trying to give us the viewers credit for being able to put 2+2 together. We didn't get a scene of Darryl bringing Noah out of the woods, yet we knew it was him based on the ending of "Consumed".  I think we're supposed to have figured out that the injection worked and Carol had minimal or no internal injuries.

I get that, but then I wish they'd give us credit that after a year, we get that Tyrese is upset about Karen dying and just loves being the same as he was before. Or that we'd figure that while Carol was gone for a day, she roamed about and was upset that she was kicked out of the group. I feel like they waste a lot of time on filler, I guess it's a question of the type of filler.

Edited by Brooke0707
  • Love 3

What stood out to me is that Beth put on dirty clothes. In all of her servitude she didn't sneak her shirt in with the wash? I would have or I wouldn't have changed out of my clean scrubs.

I try not to think too deeply or pick apart the plot holes, just roll with what they give me, it's much more enjoyable. That's why I watch the show, even when I cry I still enjoy it.

• Love 6

I'm no Beth fan by any means(I've always said I couldn't believe she'd make it this far into the series)  but I still would have liked to see her reunite with Maggie. I was just telling some friends on FB before the ep ended, that it would be terrible if they kill her off right after they reunite, so I had a bad feeling about it. well I was almost right.   I should known Beth would be toast when Tara said, "let's go save your sister." 

You know what would have been ever more heartbreaking and a twist of the knife? If Maggie and Beth had seen each other and started walking/running towards each other, THEN Beth gets shot or killed some other way! That's maximum pain right there. Or even if Maggie was in the group at the hospital and saw what everyone else did. Yep, that's the sadistic writer in me!  :)

So they don't have to "kill" Beth again since she got shot in the head already right? Unlike others who have bitten like Bob, they die but have to be killed again.

Edited by Valny
  • Love 2

Rapey Cop's FOOT HEADED  ass deserved what he got, too bad Dawn was cray cray. 

Could've been a nice addition to Team Grimes, with those fight skills.

Oh well..

Yeah, I watched her tell Beth how awesome she'd been to her (just rewatched it) and wondered who was more self-deluded - Dawn or the Governor.

• Love 1

I read all the filming spoilers and I knew Beth was going to die, but damn, it was still sad and shocking to see her go with a bullet to the head. For a moment I didn't know who had shot her. It was so dumb of her to try to save Noah in front of all those armed cops. The recklessness of youth, I guess. I teared up seeing everyone's reactions in the hallway.

And then Maggie's breakdown in the parking lot. I know I bitched about Maggie's lack of concern for Beth this season, but the scream she let out at seeing her dead sister really got to me. Whatever reasons Maggie had for not mentioning Beth, I forgive her because to see her sister with a bullet in her head is punishment enough.

Rick is scary and calculating and badass all rolled into one. Running over the cop and then shooting him is something season 1 Rick would've never done. What Rick has become is necessary to survive in the ZA and he has proven time and again that once you're family he will do anything to save you. And he really is a great leader. Shane would've let everyone else die by now.

I really hope Gabriel has turned a corner and will stop being appalled by what Team Grimes has to do to survive. I don't know what he can contribute to the group but I want to like him and am willing to see how he changes in 5B. Was he with the group in the hospital parking lot? I didn't notice him.

I still don't know what the point is of the cops at the hospital. Who are the good cops and who are the rapey cops? Will they continue to kidnap people and keep them as indentured servants? And while the wards that decided to stay with the cops are morons, I have to look at Team Grimes through their eyes. If I saw dirty crazy looking people with firearms telling me to go with them, I probably would've stay too. Better the devil you know than the devil you don't.

I can't wait until February!! :-(

Edited by bunnyblue
  • Love 4

I will kind of miss Beth, actually. I didn't hate her. I even bought her "Be Good" song off iTunes - you're welcome, Emily Kinney.

It was just so sudden. And I also believe that Dawn accidentally fired the gun. But I don't see why Beth thought it was a good idea to stab Dawn with those little scissors: was she just trying to get killed to save Noah?

And Maggie made me sad, even if she hasn't mentioned her sister in a dog's age.

Glad Carol is alive, but TV healing wins again. And glad they picked up Noah.

ETA: add me to the "crazy hot Rick" groupie list.

Edited by Disraeli Ears
  • Love 2

What stood out to me is that Beth put on dirty clothes. In all of her servitude she didn't sneak her shirt in with the wash? I would have or I wouldn't have changed out of my clean scrubs.

I try not to think too deeply or pick apart the plot holes, just roll with what they give me, it's much more enjoyable. That's why I watch the show, even when I cry I still enjoy it.

I have a feeling she never washed that sweater because she didn't want it to be soiled by that place.

I kind of thought the point of the Tyreese/Sasha scene was to get her to the point Rick.  Rick has found that balance of killing when necessary but still remain some sense of humanity.  I think Carl is that at point, but other characters haven't reached that point of cbeing able to combine compassion wiith ruthlessness and know when each are necessary.  Sasha seems to have hit that point, but Tyreese hasn't.   Carol  went from meek to going to going overboard with being ruthless, so she might not have reached that balance either.  

• Love 2

I didn't like how they didn't show Beth reunite in any meaningful way with the members of the group. Like not so much as a hello.

I don't know. I think being so close to having her back safely and then losing her before even a "hello" is more heart-wrenching then if they all had had a nice reunion.  Especially for Maggie. Getting the good news and then being deflated before even as much as a hug/hello or even a chance to say goodbye while Beth was dying was just awful.

She did get a head-hug/kiss thing from Rick though. Which makes me recall .. wasn't there a scene some seasons back where Rick was coming back from something (literally or maybe just mentally) and Beth gave him a sweet little hug and peck on the cheek? 

• Love 2

Re the hostage exchange:  could we just once, just one time, get to see this group conceive of a plan that ends up WORKING?  Seriously, show.  It's almost getting unrealistic that these guys can't seem to accomplish anything at all. 

I'm very sad about Beth and I found the other characters' grief very affecting. I was enjoying Beth's character development and rooting for her to rejoin the group as a more grown-up member.  But Nooooooooo!  Sometimes it seems this show exists to masochistically mess with our feelings and cause us to watch TD for therapy, thereby further increasing AMC's ratings.

(And weeping Emily on TD was heart-breaking!  I'm beginning to dislike Kirkman not just for killing off characters but for banishing actors from the family they've created for themselves in Georgia.)

Does anyone know what Beth meant when she said to Dawn "I get it now"?  What did Beth get?  And why oh why did Beth think it was a good idea to stab an armed person in the neck with a little pair of scissors?  What did she think that was going to accomplish?

Co-sign with those who don't understand why people are all hopped up over "MORGAN!!!" whom we last saw a few years ago.  Is he a magical wizard or something?

Finally, I'm going to go ahead and admit that I kind of understood Dawn and didn't hate her.  She had established her own version of the Ricktatorship in the hospital.  In her view, she was trying to keep people alive and law and order functioning.  So she made sicko compromises that she was ashamed of, and played factions off against each other, and killed fellow officers, and told herself that it was all for the greater good.  As I'm sure Rick does.  Also Dawn was badass in her own way. 

But Dawn definitely blew it by insisting that she get to "keep" Noah.  Quit while you're ahead, lady!

• Love 6

Especially because she's trapped in Laundry Memorial Hospital and Laundry Clinic!

I have to say I didn't much like Beth but that was a rough ending for her.  

I am really annoyed with Maggie now.  She barely asked about Beth for like weeks now.  Then she's overjoyed and crushed. Lame IMO. 

Norman Reedus sold me on Daryl's  grief about Beth just like he did Merle's.

But overall, I just don't care that Beth is dead.

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 2

They'd probably have noticed if her clothes suddenly got cleaner, and charged her for it. Of course, there's two problems with this.

One is that it is, at least somewhat, still a hospital. I would think burning the ward's clothes would make more sense then leaving them around all dirty and lice-infested. Either that, or make the cleaning mandatory, and charge for it.

And the other problem is: who really cares what you owe them? Nobody is ever allowed to leave, but as long as you're useful they don't want you to die, either. So whether you owe them two days of labor or two centuries, it does not actually make any real difference.

Edited by CletusMusashi
  • Love 7
It was just so sudden. And I also believe that Dawn accidentally fired the gun. But I don't see why Beth thought it was a good idea to stab Dawn with those little scissors: was she just trying to get killed to save Noah?

Honestly, I think she did something that was typical of half of the people in this show - a bad decision at a bad time. But yeah, I figured that she probably wanted to protect Noah, which was sweet, but maybe should have looked right in front of her, at th GUN pointed at her chest, but just saying.

Yeah, it appeared that Dawn accidently fired the gun, based on her reaction, and Daryl retaliated (good for him).

Still made me cry...probably the REACTIONS of Rick and the others...

I would think burning the ward's clothes would make more sense then leaving them around all dirty and lice-infested. Either that, or make the cleaning mandatory, and charge for it.

This is a good point. I mean, Beth goes back into her original clothes, but doesn't pack her scrubs with her. I would. It's CLOTHES. You can't go to Walmart to replenish things so easily. I never understood how the people on this show completely avoid picking up new clothes, shoes, etc. Makes no sense.

I agree with the lice-infested. They haven't mentioned it ever, but you know that's the way it is...along with their bodies...Now I've disgusted myself...dammit...

• Love 3

I admit I got a little teary eyed just looking at Rick and Daryl. It didn't make a lot of sense to me though, that Beth would think she could just stab Dawn with a little pair of scissors, while several armed police officers were watching. Beth is not that dumb. So, even though it seemed sad to me, it also looked like "The show wants to shock us with a main(sort of) character dying. In real life, Beth would have walked out with the group or tried to talk Dawn into letting Noah go.

I did laugh when they showed Carl with the Judith doll on his back and the doll looked like it had a broken neck and was staring up at the sky. There has to be a way to make it a little more realistic.

I cared about Beth, but I had zero interest in Dawn or anything going on in the hospital. I can't explain why, I was interested in both Woodbury and Terminus, but maybe just too much of the same?

I didn't understand at all what Father G was doing, and since he said he has been going out for supplies, wouldn't he have seen the school already?

Yeah to seeing Morgan-just love his character and I have never seen him in any other shows.

• Love 5

Hate that they killed Beth for Noah. They keep killing off original season 1/2 characters for newbies.

Am I supposed to buy that Maggie suddenly cared about Beth to break down over her? That was eye rolling, from since Michonne told her Beth was alive, Maggie's reaction was eye-rolling. 

• Love 4

Honestly, I think she did something that was typical of half of the people in this show - a bad decision at a bad time. But yeah, I figured that she probably wanted to protect Noah, which was sweet, but maybe should have looked right in front of her, at th GUN pointed at her chest, but just saying.

Yeah, it appeared that Dawn accidently fired the gun, based on her reaction, and Daryl retaliated (good for him).

Still made me cry...probably the REACTIONS of Rick and the others...

This is a good point. I mean, Beth goes back into her original clothes, but doesn't pack her scrubs with her. I would. It's CLOTHES. You can't go to Walmart to replenish things so easily. I never understood how the people on this show completely avoid picking up new clothes, shoes, etc. Makes no sense.

I agree with the lice-infested. They haven't mentioned it ever, but you know that's the way it is...along with their bodies...Now I've disgusted myself...dammit...

I'm pretty sure that was the shirt and sweater she got at the country club pro shop with Daryl.

• Love 4

I'm not so sure that she accidentally fired the gun but she knew the second after she did it that Rick's group was going to put a bullet in her head.  She was trading one for one and she killed one of theirs.

Interesting group shot of the Grady crew at the end proclaiming it was just Dawn that was the problem.  It wasn't.  I suspect more of the same at the hospital.

• Love 1

Aww, poor Daryl. He looks like he's carrying the weight of the world in his arms there at the end. Which really harks back to him saying "you're heavier then I thought you'd be" when he carried her back at the mortuary. Most excellent, Show. Beth is going to continue to weigh heavy on Daryl for a very long time. 

Edited by RainOnToosdays
  • Love 9

I felt a little cheated.  I wanted to see Carol finding out Beth helped save her, and Beth to hear that Carol and Daryl had come looking for her.  I'm sure that occurred, but I wanted to see it.

I have to say I didn't much like Beth but that was a rough ending for her.  

I am really annoyed with Maggie now.  She barely asked about Beth for like weeks now.  Then she's overjoyed and crushed. Lame IMO. 

Norman Reedus sold me on Daryl's  grief about Beth just like he did Merle's.

But overall, I just don't care that Beth is dead.

I didn't want Beth dead, but if someone had to die, I'd prefer it be her than most of the others.  I think it can described as "rough" that she died, but I think she had the easiest death I can think of.  She wasn't bitten, eaten alive, or cut open.  I guess Lizzie's death would be a close comparison, but she died scared and upset.  Beth died being pro-active and she saved Noah, that's better than most can say.

I didn't understand at all what Father G was doing, and since he said he has been going out for supplies, wouldn't he have seen the school already?

He was disturbed by the slaughter of the termites in his church.  He was looking for proof of what they were.  That's why he responded so strongly to Bob's leg.

• Love 7

Does anyone know what Beth meant when she said to Dawn "I get it now"?  What did Beth get?  And why oh why did Beth think it was a good idea to stab an armed person in the neck with a little pair of scissors?  What did she think that was going to accomplish?

Co-sign with those who don't understand why people are all hopped up over "MORGAN!!!" whom we last saw a few years ago.  Is he a magical wizard or something?

I think Beth understood what Dawn was saying about how she had to put her old partner Hansen down. Something about how she hated having to do it but he was out of control and she knew she had to. Dawn was out of control and needed to be put down. Even the other (I guess semi good) cops knew that.

I really hope Gabriel has turned a corner and will stop being appalled by what Team Grimes has to do to survive. I don't know what he can contribute to the group but I want to like him and am willing to see how he changes in 5B. Was he with the group in the hospital parking lot? I didn't notice him.

I think he has turned a corner. I saw 2 things happen to him; 1) He got to feel what those parishioners felt when they were knocking on the church doors and he had locked the church and was too afraid to let them in. 2) He realized that Rick & Co. were the savages he thought they were because they killed Gareth and his crew. He saw for himself Bob's BBQ leg and then saw the sacrifices that Michonne & Carl made in trying to rescue him. 

Gabriel was with the fire engine crew. He's the last person off the fire truck when they come to the hospital.

Edited by Milaxx
  • Love 4

I truly thought Maggie was going to reply "Beth who?" when Michonne told her. Lauren's a decent actress but she just couldn't sell a season of sibling amnesia resulting in a grief stricken collapse. The only part that made me tear up was Darryl carrying Beth's body.

I still do not get the point of the hospital arc. I get that they are trying to show other types of leadership and organization, but Dawn's characterization and even her self-rationalizations were all over the place. I think if her last articulation or example of leadership had been when she told Beth that she'd just killed that woman, it might have made some sense. That would have given Beth/we viewers a sense that she understood that power and authority can be subtle and difficult. Also, Beth might have learned that mouthing off isn't always the best way to get what you want.

Instead we got 30 minutes of Dawn's incoherent blah blah blah. What was the point?

Sometimes this show can do dialog so well -- like the episode with Carol, tyreese and Lizzie were there was as much unsaid but still communicated, and then there's this.

• Love 6
Am I supposed to buy that Maggie suddenly cared about Beth to break down over her? That was eye rolling, from since Michonne told her Beth was alive, Maggie's reaction was eye-rolling. 

Heh, now I'm imagining Maggie rolling her eyes at hearing Beth's alive, then dead again. "Ugh, my sister again?  She just HAS to keep upstaging me, doesn't she!"

• Love 1

Rick looked so natural behind the wheel of a police car and talking on the loud speaker that it reminded me that he used to be a cop. I miss cop Rick but that guy really has no place in the ZA. Still nice to see him flex his cop muscles every once in a while.

And Morgan!!!! I still don't understand how he's tracking Rick and company. I don't think Rick is leaving those marks on the tree for him to follow because as far as he knows Morgan is still crazy. And besides, Rick's been a little too busy to remember or worry about Morgan's activities. I hope those marked trees are eventually explained. I love that Morgan now has concrete evidence that it is Rick he is following and knows where he is headed. I wonder if he's weeks or months behind the group. I desperately want Morgan to meet up with the gang before the season ends. And for the love of God, please give him some lines!!

• Love 2

I would say describing it as a reflexive shooting would be more accurate than calling it an accidental shooting. If you're holding a gun and have your finger on the trigger, and somebody attacks you, odds are you're going to shoot them. But there's a certain level of responsibility inherent in pointing that gun at them in the first place. If I'm robbing a bank, and my gun goes off "accidentally," the cops aren't going to see it that way.

Dawn had already made a deal, and finished it. The reason she was still pointing the gun so aggressively was that, in spite of her claims that it was the other cops who were the bad ones, she was determined to reinforce the hospital's forced labor system. When you do that to Beth, it's kidnapping. Noah had proven himself a useful addition to Rick's group, but Dawn was still demanding him. Basically, on the grounds that she'd already kidnapped him before, so it was.. okay somehow?

When Noah robbed Daryl and Carol, I don't think he intended to shoot them. But if he had, it would have been a shooting that happened during the commission of an armed robbery. People do that all the time, and are generally referred to as murderers.

Dawn was (attemptedly) stabbed by a friend of somebody she was trying to kidnap. Therefore, she gets even less sympathy from me than Beth does...

for bringing a shiv to a gunfight. Really, Beth? Couldn't you at least make sure the others got away and then played hero?

Edited by CletusMusashi
  • Love 5

And Morgan!!!! I still don't understand how he's tracking Rick and company. I don't think Rick is leaving those marks on the tree for him to follow because as far as he knows Morgan is still crazy. And besides, Rick's been a little too busy to remember or worry about Morgan's activities. I hope those marked trees are eventually explained. I love that Morgan now has concrete evidence that it is Rick he is following and knows where he is headed. I wonder if he's weeks or months behind the group. I desperately want Morgan to meet up with the gang before the season ends. And for the love of God, please give him some lines!!

The Hunters made those marks.  It was revealed while Gareth was eating Bob I believe.  This episode is the first time Morgan finds a clue to Rick's whereabouts.

• Love 1