Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: On The Treadmill

While we're waiting, what did y'all think about the most recent winner? Sarah wrote about her here.

My wife and I replayed on the DVR to see Jillian and Bob's reactions. This is was the first time I thought someone had looked better on the ranch than at the finale.

She lost far too much weight. The good news is that she has put on some weight and looks healthy now. I think she wanted the win and lost more then she should. I hope they put in a new rules to prevent this from happening again. I would like to see the rules be that the first to a healthy weight wins as long as they maintain that weight. If no one gets to that weight then the person with the largest percentage of weight lost wins.

The Small Talk topic is for:

• Introductions
  • Off-topic chatter
  • Having virtual tea with forum buddies

This is NOT a topic for actual show discussion. When you want to talk about the show:
  1. Figure out the nature of the topic you want to talk about
  2. Look for an existing topic that matches or fits
  3. If there is NOT an existing topic that fits, CREATE ONE!

Examples of topics that populate show forums include (but by no means are limited to):

• Character topics
  • Episode topics
  • Season topics
  • Spoiler topics
  • Speculation topics
  • In the Media topics
  • Favourite X topics
  • ...you get the idea

Happy trails beyond Small Talk!

Someone in another thread talked about losing 25 pounds. I yo-yo 15 pounds on and off, and while I remain in the "normal" BMI range, I have clothing fit issues at the top of my range and I feel better at the lower end. I have been using the Lose It! app to record all of my meals, and it really helps. I've dropped 8 pounds so far this year, and I think the key for me is the mere act of writing down what I eat. Also, you can "buy" additional calories by exercising, which gives me another incentive to get moving.

I haven't even seen anything about filming, and Jillian is doing her occasional whine about no longer wanting to do the show.

Since I was wondering, too, I poked around online and found this: http://www.thebiggestlosercasting.com/ , which indicates that they are casting families of 4 or more. Oh, dear. These can be any configuration of family members - the sister-in-law, siblings, etc. They are also looking for individuals and former athletes. The site says nothing about when the show airs, but fall would be likely, don't you think? Applications are due May 2, and it must take a while to compose a decent cast.

That's all I could find.

• Love 1

Hi everyone! :)

I am looking forward to the new season of TBL.  However, I wish they would bring back the "Proud" theme song.  It sounds silly, I know... but the show hasn't been the same without it.

If Jillian wants to leave so badly... then why doesn't she leave for good?  I don't understand why she keeps coming back to this show if she's that "done" with it.

Edited by MissScarlett
(edited)

I think there is more to it than ego, although I'm certain that also plays a part. Primarily, I think Jillian stays with the show because she has a lot of weight loss products on the market, and being on Biggest Loser gives her more noteriety than a thousand late night infomercials could give.  

Edited by Rum Punch

Yes, I can imagine that after you've been on TV every week, your popularity drops rapidly when you're now only on the shopping channels.

I think even Oprah's influence dropped a lot when she no longer was on a show seen by millions every week, and Jillian never approached that class.

I wish they would do a 'Celebrity: Biggest Loser. I would be glued to the TV screen to see....

Tanisha: Marriage Bootcamp

June: Honey Boo Boo

Melissa Mccarthy: Mike & Molly

Billy Gardell: Mike & Molly

Abby Lee Miller: Dance Moms 

ETC

• Love 2

On another thread, Flipping the Block, we were talking about what money contestants get, win or lose.
I said I thought that I'd heard at one time, the BL contestants got $500 a week, since they were away from their jobs.
Does anyone know if this is correct, and has it gone up over the years, or what. 
Thanks.

There was a show, Celebrity Fit Club, that I very much enjoyed. They got to live at home & their losses were much more realistic, like 3 lbs in a week.

The very unrealistic weight losses is one of the reasons I don't like BL.

• Love 1

TWoP refugee here.  I didn't post in TBL forum much, as I think the last season I watched the show was when Abby (the lady whose whole family died) was on.  I used to be a Mod for NBC boards, and let me tell you that experience burned me out as much as the show did.  Just TBL boards were practically a full time job to moderate, not counting the other ones.  Their families would get on and fight with the regular posters, people would PM me begging me to help them get on the show because they could only lose like 4 pounds a week on their own (so sad), and hungry fat people are just a pain to deal with.  I can say that because at times I am a hungry fat person, or a hungry chunky person, and sometimes a hungry regular sized person.  My screen name should be Yo-Yo.

Anyway, I think enough time has passed and this board has the same vibe as TWoP so here I am!  Jessie being added to the stable of trainers is what brought me back.  I am his accidental Facebook friend.  Before his Diet Tribe days I somehow became friends with him, and as he figured out he could have a fan page and a personal page he weeded most people out, but somehow I survived.  :)  He seems like an all around good guy who really loves his family and genuinely cares for the people he trains.  I was getting tired of King Bob and Queen Jillian so having mostly new trainers (never saw it with the other dude) might refresh it for me.

I was still sickened when that dude lost 38 pounds, but what can you do?  America likes shock and awe.

• Love 2

I used to read the NBC BL boards every week! They were great! I was a lurker tho. Anything you can share on why they suddenly discontinued all the boards?

No clue I quit a couple of months before they closed them down. It was weird!

• Love 1

I just finished binge watching season 15.  No, I did not binge while I binged!  I wanted to see this Rachel that everyone was talking about.  Well, I saw her.  Whisky Tango Foxtrot?  I wonder if she is swimming at all.  I've never seen a female swimmer look that anorexic.  She looked terrible!  Even her face looked awful.  Tumi on the other hand looked fantastic!  I wish I could have seen her on Say Yes to the Dress!

• Love 1

FYI:  Tumi's episode of Say Yes... is scheduled to shown again on TLC on 11/2, 5P I think, but check.
The name of the episode is Surprise, Surprise if you want to check on demand or for schedule changes.

• Love 1

Is there a forum for Jillian's new E! show. I liked her on BL as far as she brought one type of training method to the show. I'm having a hard time with her new reality show and wondered what everyone was thinking. I couldn't find  forums for the new shows Just Jillian or Skin tight or maybe I'm looking in the wrong place.

• Love 1

I was looking for a forum for Just Jillian as well.  I don't know about you but I found her extremely annoying on her new show--almost as if she was trying too hard to be tough.  She was loud, obnoxious, crude, demanding and controlling--but maybe that is her true nature and one that we didn't always see on BL.  

As for Skin Tight, is it just me or do all those people seem sad?  Even after their skin surgery, they seem to lack the overall excitement and gratitude that we're used to seeing on all of the other shows.  

• Love 1

I was looking for a forum for Just Jillian as well.  I don't know about you but I found her extremely annoying on her new show--almost as if she was trying too hard to be tough.  She was loud, obnoxious, crude, demanding and controlling--but maybe that is her true nature and one that we didn't always see on BL.  

As for Skin Tight, is it just me or do all those people seem sad?  Even after their skin surgery, they seem to lack the overall excitement and gratitude that we're used to seeing on all of the other shows.  

Jillian's show was all over the place. She went from the new beach house to the farm house to all the cars they had. It was kind of like Jillian was blaming all her spending on the girlfriend? I also did not get a love vibe between them or a real sense of a bond with the kids. She said her son and my daughter which signals some issues.

Skin tight, ouch! I can't imagine all those staples and the scars. It is trading one problem for another. I also wonder why these people are traveling from LA and NY to TX for surgery. I would be scared to travel on an airplane with those drainage bags. I guess they are getting free or discount surgery. I have EDS and had some trouble with my last C-section being closed. My stomach will never be tight no matter how much I do at the gym, it is nothing like the show maybe an inch of skin. It is not noticeable even in a swimsuit, so only my husband knows. The doctor said I could have surgery but with EDS the complication rate is high so I would never do it. I guess I think of my kids first, vanity vs being there for my kids. I wondered do these people think about their kids? the one lady that got her legs done even though it was risky and then got a big clot (which the pretty strip mall doctors downplayed but Dr. N admitted) , I would have been so scared if I were her and even after that she was having more surgery. She could have died and lost a year of her life recovering.

• Love 1

You're absolutely right about the lack of bond between Jillian and her children--I knew there was something odd but I just couldn't put my finger on it!  It was like a disconnect, almost as if she was spending time with her neighbor's children or a distant niece and nephew.  And yes, it was obvious that Jillian has the role of breadwinner since she constantly reminded us of how much she had bought her girlfriend--i.e.  "Then she wanted a farmhouse, so I bought her a farmhouse."  Ugh!  I don't see why her GF wants to marry that bag of hot air!  

• Love 1