Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Lisin

Real Housewives in the Media

Recommended Posts

On 7/7/2021 at 7:11 PM, LilaFowler said:

S13E01: 0.959 million viewers (0.28 18-49 demo)

S13E02: 0.871 million viewers (0.26 18-49 demo)

S13E03: 0.822 million viewers (0.22 18-49 demo)

S13E04: 0.836 million viewers (0.28 18-49 demo)

S13E05: 0.881 million viewers (0.26 18-49 demo)

S13E06: 0.878 million viewers (0.24 18-49 demo)

S13E07: 0.866 million viewers (0.25 18-49 demo)

S13E08: 0.764 million viewers (0.22 18-49 demo)

S13E09: 0.856 million viewers (0.25 18-19 demo)

S13E10: 0.717 million viewers (0.19 18-49 demo)

  • Like 2
  • Useful 6
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post

1 minute ago, LilaFowler said:

S13E09: 0.856 million viewers (0.25 18-19 demo)

S13E10: 0.717 million viewers (0.19 18-49 demo)

That is a really large change.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

Did Eboni spend her first Bravo paycheck on significant plastic surgery?

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

On 7/23/2021 at 5:41 PM, TomGirl said:

This is what happens when you try to make Housewives PC and let the likes of Leah run rampant over the tried and true. It's just not the platform for it. 

I wouldn't be opposed to RHONY taking a year off and waiting to film season 14 until Winter 2022. 

Edited by funnygirl
  • Like 20

Share this post


Link to post

That’s ridiculous.  Ramona didn’t ruin the show.  If anything she’s been more lucid than ever this season.  I honestly think they should get rid of Leah, and it pains me to say this but also Sonja.  Keep the others and add some newbies.  I think it’s quite extreme to say this franchise can ruin NBC.  They will be fine.

Edited by mostlylurking
  • Like 23

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, 65mickey said:

Unless whoever is running NBC and Bravo is a complete moron they should be able to figure out how to fix this show. Didn't the OC get rid of the two newest members and the one big liability? And they brought back Heather Dubrow.  Ramona is not the problem here folks. The ratings for this show have tanked thanks to Eboni and Leah. There is no way to spin it any other way.  People do not tune in to be lectured to every week about race and politics. They tune in to be entertained.  I wouldn't be surprised if the RHNY is cancelled. Once they started down the current path there is no turning back. If they keep Eboni and Leah and let them run roughshod over the others or if they ditch them either way they are doomed.  

65MICKEY FOR THE WIN!!!!

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
21 hours ago, 65mickey said:

Unless whoever is running NBC and Bravo is a complete moron they should be able to figure out how to fix this show. Didn't the OC get rid of the two newest members and the one big liability? And they brought back Heather Dubrow.  Ramona is not the problem here folks. The ratings for this show have tanked thanks to Eboni and Leah. There is no way to spin it any other way.  People do not tune in to be lectured to every week about race and politics. They tune in to be entertained.  I wouldn't be surprised if the RHNY is cancelled. Once they started down the current path there is no turning back. If they keep Eboni and Leah and let them run roughshod over the others or if they ditch them either way they are doomed.  

Apparently Andy has caught on, at least as far as Leah is concerned. https://heavy.com/entertainment/real-housewives/andy-cohen-leah-mcsweeney-backlash-rhony/

  • Like 9
  • Useful 5

Share this post


Link to post

6 minutes ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

Oof!

This quote from Leah-from that article:

"We are talking about hard s*** and if everyone is like ‘I want an escape,’ then just turn [the show] off and leave us alone.”

Uhhh I'm sure the advertisers would love that! The show isn't your personal social media, Leah! She is so far up her own ass, I just can't.

So true. Not to worry Leah, it appears a whole lot of former watchers are just leaving you alone. 

  • Like 13
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 10

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, chlban said:

Apparently Andy has caught on, at least as far as Leah is concerned. https://heavy.com/entertainment/real-housewives/andy-cohen-leah-mcsweeney-backlash-rhony/

“As Cohen spoke about on the episode of his radio show, many fans are turning against McSweeney on this season of “The Real Housewives of New York,” even though she was considered a “fan favorite” during her first season.”

 

Ummmm....considered a “fan favorite?”  By who?  
Maybe just Andy.

  • Like 23

Share this post


Link to post

And Leah saying she doesn’t give a shit. We know, Leah, that’s quite obvious. She has overstayed her welcome. 

  • Like 16

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/27/2021 at 11:39 AM, WhatAmIWatching said:

This quote from Leah-from that article:

"We are talking about hard s*** and if everyone is like ‘I want an escape,’ then just turn [the show] off and leave us alone.”

She clearly signed on not to join, but rather to take over. I believe an over-inflated ego is a pre-requisite for a successful Real Housewife, but they need to be entertaining as well. Unfortunately, Leah has the former but lacks the latter. A big head will only take you so far if there is nothing of substance to back it up.  

  • Like 18

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/27/2021 at 10:39 AM, WhatAmIWatching said:

Oof!

This quote from Leah-from that article:

"We are talking about hard s*** and if everyone is like ‘I want an escape,’ then just turn [the show] off and leave us alone.”

Uhhh I'm sure the advertisers would love that! The show isn't your personal social media, Leah! She is so far up her own ass, I just can't.

  

On 7/24/2021 at 9:00 PM, WaltersHair said:

you live by the Bravo, you die by the Bravo.

Chrissy Teigen was on WWHL not too long ago (but before her bad behavior was made public). She was at some event with some housewives and Andy asked her how they were...can't recall the exact question.

Chrissy said that it seemed like those who were less famous were the ones with the biggest egos and Andy agreed with her.

Leah is sounding a little this way.  

Hannah Berner is a former castmember of Bravo's Summerhouse and also Chat Room. Kate Chastain was on a podcast before Hannah Berner's fate was known on these shows for the upcoming season, and she said she hoped Hannah saved her money. 

Hannah's ego got the best of her. She said some not-so-nice things on social media about her Summerhouse castmates and maybe felt she was such a hit on the shows that she didn't think she'd get fired even though her castmates were pretty angry. She was not invited back to either show (Kate also alluded to the idea that Porsha and Hannah stole her lines on Chat Room and that working on the show was a miserable experience).

I like to think Leah is more savvy and smart about all this and knows on some level that just because she's a housewife today doesn't mean she'll be one tomorrow, but like so many before her, she may have missed the memo. 

Aside: I love the quote above by @WaltersHair which I nabbed from the Erika Giradi thread.  It's so on point for this discussion about Leah.

Edited by Jextella
  • Like 7
  • Useful 3

Share this post


Link to post

Do the housewives write their own tag lines?

This is the first time I saw some of them and Eboni’s is:

“I have to work twice as hard for half as much…but now I'm coming for everything.”

if that truly permeates all or most of her thinking no wonder she comes across the way she does.   It’s actually very sad.  In one of her TH’s on this episode when she was talking about the strippers she was actually funny. 

That does not mean I want to see any more of her on this show though.

As has been suggested here just give her her own show and anyone wants to watch that lecture shit can tune in to it.

Edited by JonnieUniteUs · Reason: Oops meant this post to go in the thread w the strippers/bday party
  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Quote

“I have to work twice as hard for half as much…but now I'm coming for everything.”

if that truly permeates all or most of her thinking no wonder she comes across the way she does.  

The sad reality of life for many Black people in America (and many other POC too).

Quote

I like to think Leah is more savvy and smart about all this

If she were, her time on this show would have been very, very different.

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post

So Ramona's refusal to talk politics is costing her apple?  Ok so cast political figures then however I'm not so sure if I want to watch for example AOC or Marjorie Greene.  Don't we get enough political opinions from cable news?  Personally I want to be entertained and frankly Leah doesn't bring anything interesting to the table and as for the Eboni TED talks, no thanks.  

  • Like 22

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/27/2021 at 9:33 AM, chlban said:

Apparently Andy has caught on, at least as far as Leah is concerned. https://heavy.com/entertainment/real-housewives/andy-cohen-leah-mcsweeney-backlash-rhony/

Leah has been making comments telling viewers that if they don’t like the show, they should just turn it off, etc.  The network needs ratings to have sponsors and so that would be a no-no.

I read on Instagram today that Sonja is going to start her own cabaret show.  Lol, the spellcheck was trying to use Cabernet!  

Edited by Emmeline
  • Like 3
  • Laugh 13

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Emmeline said:

I read on Instagram today that Sonja is going to start her own cabaret show.

Wonder if LuAnne will be OK with this or give her the “cheater brand” talk ala Bethanny.

  • Like 4
  • Useful 3
  • Laugh 10

Share this post


Link to post

Reminder:

  • If you want to talk about who should or shouldn't stay on the cast, there's a thread for that.  This can include rumors of who is or is not leaving.  They are rumors only at this point.  
  • Let's keep this thread to recent media.  There's enough of that to keep us chatting (a.k.a, does Leah ever know when to shut up?) 
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post

Leah is not only obnoxious as hell she is also pretty dumb to make the statement that viewers should turn off the show and leave them alone. To do what Leah? These shows live and die by ratings.  Andy must pick one cast member from each show to be his fan favorite. His fan favoites don't seem to fan favorites with the fans. 

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post

Back in Jan it was reported that production had to stop on RHONY for 2 weeks because a cast member got COVID. 

They would not identified the HW at the time. But in the preview for next week, Leah is in quarantine.

What a hypocrite.  Remember how Leah made a big stink abut Ramona.  But then Leah turn and traveled cross country and was seen partying mask less.  And later got a facial, boob job, nose job.

https://www.vulture.com/2021/01/real-housewives-of-new-york-covid.html

  • Like 15
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/26/2021 at 11:58 AM, 65mickey said:

Unless whoever is running NBC and Bravo is a complete moron they should be able to figure out how to fix this show. Didn't the OC get rid of the two newest members and the one big liability? And they brought back Heather Dubrow.  Ramona is not the problem here folks. The ratings for this show have tanked thanks to Eboni and Leah. There is no way to spin it any other way.  People do not tune in to be lectured to every week about race and politics. They tune in to be entertained.  I wouldn't be surprised if the RHNY is cancelled. Once they started down the current path there is no turning back. If they keep Eboni and Leah and let them run roughshod over the others or if they ditch them either way they are doomed.  

Totally agree! I was so put off by Eboni a few episodes ago that I stopped watching. I don’t want to be lectured. It is not entertaining! If a friend spoke to me the way she speaks to these women—condescending, know-it-all—I wouldn’t hang out with her. Leah is crude, nasty and seems very angry to me. I don’t know if she’s a dry drunk or if she’s holding onto hostility from something else, but she’s not entertaining. 

And Sonja’s drunken antics aren’t fun to watch. Not at all. I keep expecting her to fall and really hurt herself. It makes me anxious just witnessing her behavior. 

I heard on Sharrell’s show that the reunion was canceled and I was shocked! Has this ever happened on a HW show? I don’t remember it. And they’re blaming Ramona? Folks, Ramona has her issues but she is not the reason the ratings have tanked on this show. 

Gosh, Sonja looks horrible in that photo. Did she do something to her lips now too? 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Sweet-tea said:

...that the reunion was canceled and I was shocked! Has this ever happened on a HW show? I don’t remember it. And they’re blaming Ramona? Folks, Ramona has her issues but she is not the reason the ratings have tanked on this show. 

I don't mind Eboni or her message, but I dislike her generalized assumptions based upon immaturity. Give her another couple of years of aging and reflection and she'll figure it out. As for Ramona, she's so tone deaf and unable to read a crowd, she'll never figure it out. She should have been fired years ago.

On 8/3/2021 at 1:19 PM, 65mickey said:

Leah is not only obnoxious as hell she is also pretty dumb to make the statement that viewers should turn off the show and leave them alone. To do what Leah? These shows live and die by ratings.  Andy must pick one cast member from each show to be his fan favorite. His fan favoites don't seem to fan favorites with the fans. 

If he brings Bethany back then his favorite will be back.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/29/2021 at 1:54 PM, Emmeline said:

I read on Instagram today that Sonja is going to start her own cabaret show.  Lol, the spellcheck was trying to use Cabernet!

Spellcheck obviously knows what it’s talking about!  🍷

  • Laugh 10

Share this post


Link to post

Bravo is showing some of season 1 & 2 of RHNY today. So far no screaming, drunk fights or vulgar sex talk.  Nice change from the current housewives. 

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, 65mickey said:

Bravo is showing some of season 1 & 2 of RHNY today. So far no screaming, drunk fights or vulgar sex talk.  Nice change from the current housewives. 

I am watching now, such a different vibe from where we are now.

The had a clip of Kelly falling off her horse, cripes it is not if you fall it is when you fall, this can not be the first time it happened to her!

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, 65mickey said:

Bravo is showing some of season 1 & 2 of RHNY today. So far no screaming, drunk fights or vulgar sex talk.  Nice change from the current housewives. 

I am watching. Not sure this was a good move before the crapfest of this season. This just makes me wish for prior seasons. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Consider the source, but this article is reporting the NYC franchise could be put on permanent hiatus.  

Leah and Eboni were disastrous additions to this franchise,  IMO.

Ugh.

ETA:  According to the article, filming of the reunion has not yet even be scheduled because Ramona is refusing to participate.  It's Radar, but it's a pretty interesting read.  

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

I’m reading stuff on different sites that NYC might be cancelled. I hope not, but if it is I blame Eboni and Leah. And Andy too. 

  • Like 8
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post

Interesting that the article and its "sources" are blaming Ramona's refusal to film the reunion as one of the reasons for it not even being scheduled yet.

I seem to recall they managed to shoot the reunion just fine when Jacqueline from NJ and Maloof from BH decided to be no-shows.  

They also managed to shoot around LuAnn from NY and Kim from BH when they were in rehab during filming.

If they had anything remotely interesting to film for this reunion, they'd do it around Ramona's absence.  

The very fact that (if this article is correct) they cannot film it without Ramona's presence makes me strongly suspect the reunion would just be a gang up on Ramona.  I wouldn't bother to show up, either.  

I've never been a Ramona fan and think she's a self-absorbed twit, but "kadooz" to her if she tells Bravo to stick their reunion and their show up their collective asses.  

Heather was smart for bouncing from this debacle after a couple of episodes.  

As I told Andy on his Bravo page of fuck-and-awe, he killed this franchise and I hope he's pleased with his decision.  Obviously, judging by the ratings, the viewers weren't.  

  • Like 23

Share this post


Link to post

5 minutes ago, BrownBear2012 said:

Have they said why?

BB2012- the initial reports were that Ramona refused to tape because she did not want to be accused of being a racist on the reunion. Andy on WWHL tried to deny that a bit, but they still haven't filmed the reunion, and there is no scheduled date. This really makes sense to me, though, especially after seeing the episode yesterday. Yesterday, Radar (I think) said that there was no reunion and that the show would possibly be cancelled (permanent hiatus is what they said).

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
28 minutes ago, tvfanatic13 said:

BB2012- the initial reports were that Ramona refused to tape because she did not want to be accused of being a racist on the reunion. Andy on WWHL tried to deny that a bit, but they still haven't filmed the reunion, and there is no scheduled date. This really makes sense to me, though, especially after seeing the episode yesterday. Yesterday, Radar (I think) said that there was no reunion and that the show would possibly be cancelled (permanent hiatus is what they said).

Yup, no reunion even scheduled is not a good sign.

Hell, even the DC one-and-done season got a reunion.  I think even Miami got a reunion before it was placed on "permanent hiatus."  

It's not looking good for this franchise, that's for sure.  

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

As I told Andy on his Bravo page of fuck-and-awe, he killed this franchise and I hope he's pleased with his decision.  Obviously, judging by the ratings, the viewers weren't.  

Good for you.

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/25/2021 at 11:11 PM, funnygirl said:

This is what happens when you try to make Housewives PC and let the likes of Leah run rampant over the tried and true. It's just not the platform for it. 

I wouldn't be opposed to RHONY taking a year off and waiting to film season 14 until Winter 2022. 

I agree and come back with a new cast that comes from all parts of NYC...from UES to the Village, Chelsea, Gramercy Park, Upper West Side etc...

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

The main problem with this cast as I see it is that there is a 20 year difference in age  between Eboni and Leah and the rest of the cast. Almost 25 years between Ramona and Leah and Eboni. This is too big of an age gap to work, almost different generations.  I have to wonder if the producers even considered that this might be a problem.  Five or ten years difference is not a big deal but 20-25 is. They are at different stages in life and have no real interests in common.Everything is fake and forced. 

  • Like 12
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

Well Dallas is over so Bravo maybe trying to jettison the franchises with the worst ratings. NYC may just be next thanks to Leah, Ramona, Sonja and Eboni. But I think Eboni is a keeper if Leah is gone. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

26 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

The main problem with this cast as I see it is that there is a 20 year difference in age  between Eboni and Leah and the rest of the cast. Almost 25 years between Ramona and Leah and Eboni. This is too big of an age gap to work, almost different generations.  I have to wonder if the producers even considered that this might be a problem.  Five or ten years difference is not a big deal but 20-25 is. They are at different stages in life and have no real interests in common.Everything is fake and forced. 

It's not ALMOST different generations.  It most certainly is.

Ramona and Sonja are Boomers.  I was happy to see Sonja admit that last night because there was a storyline where Carole refused to admit that she and Jules are of 2 different generations even though Jules is 2 generations younger than she is.

Luann is Generation X.

Eboni and Leah are Millennials.

I don't really personally think that THAT is the issue, but I guess it's something to think about.  Dorinda certainly seemed to have a lot of irrational, unfounded anger towards Tinsley, and I do think it was partly age related.  Same with how Bethenny and Carole treated Jules.

It's a very interesting point because it's people my age hanging out with people my parents' age.  No wonder Ramona and Leah have weird mother issues with each other.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

I was surprised Lu is GenX.  Looked her up; born 1965 so just barely an X.

  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, 65mickey said:

Well Dallas is over so Bravo maybe trying to jettison the franchises with the worst ratings. NYC may just be next thanks to Leah, Ramona, Sonja and Eboni. But I think Eboni is a keeper if Leah is gone. 

I think Eboni is untouchable unless she chooses to leave or Bravo decides to do a total revamp of RHONY with all new women. No way is Bravo going to dump RHONY's first, and so far only, Black cast member no matter how founded the grounds are on. The cost of the social media blowback probably wouldn't be worth it even if Eboni isn't the right fit. 

However, I do think Eboni tends to mesh a bit better with the rest of the women when Leah's not around. Leah is the main problem who can and should go. 

  • Like 5
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/27/2021 at 11:39 AM, WhatAmIWatching said:

Oof!

This quote from Leah-from that article:

"We are talking about hard s*** and if everyone is like ‘I want an escape,’ then just turn [the show] off and leave us alone.”

Spoken like someone that doesn’t know she needs the ratings to keep her job. Not exactly business savvy. 🙄

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, funnygirl said:

However, I do think Eboni tends to mesh a bit better with the rest of the women when Leah's not around. Leah is the main problem who can and should go. 

Leah is someone the show could lose and we really would lose NOTHING if that happened. NOTHING.  With Bethenny you get witty banter, with Sonja you get the townhouse, with Ramona you get her strange way of speaking, but with Leah leaving you would really lose NOTHING.

As Rachel said about Phoebe "She lifts right out."  

  • Like 7
  • Laugh 6

Share this post


Link to post

I actually like most of this cast, and that it's a smaller group, but I also wouldn't be mad at a purge. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I hardly think Ramona has influence over Andy, Bravo or NBC for a reunion.

IMO - it is the endless racism and converting to being a Jew doing this franchise into the dumpster with the endless lecturing and  educating from  Leah and Eboni.

Not what I tuned in to watch.

Hundreds of other sites for that for me.

I think Ramona and Sonia rebelled but certainly not in the right way for sure.

Luanne went with the flow.

Also interestingly Andy had Dorinda on WWH's recently.

 


:

Edited by maggiemae
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
PrincessPurrsALot
  • Take discussions of individual housewives to their threads.
  • Watch your tone.
  • This is not the let's complain about who "ruined the show" thread.  Let's stick to media discussions. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size