Type keyword(s) to search

Real Housewives in the Media

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot,
  • Take discussions of individual housewives to their threads.
  • Watch your tone.
  • This is not the let's complain about who "ruined the show" thread.  Let's stick to media discussions. 
  • Start Topic

15 hours ago, geauxaway said:

It sure does look real!  She probably thought it was real, too! 😂😂😂

Because of Lu’s lack of education, she didn’t notice that “Vanity Fair” overlooked the typographical error “AIL” STARS.

• LOL 10
11 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Because of Lu’s lack of education, she didn’t notice that “Vanity Fair” overlooked the typographical error “AIL” STARS.

OMG I missed that too!  🤦🏻‍♀️   Reminds me of the trick emails we get at work from time to time.  I recently had one about my Arnazon package they were desperately trying to deliver to me 😂.  

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
(edited)
37 minutes ago, geauxaway said:

OMG I missed that too!  🤦🏻‍♀️   Reminds me of the trick emails we get at work from time to time.  I recently had one about my Arnazon package they were desperately trying to deliver to me 😂.  

I proofread for decades. At law firms. That’s the only reason I noticed and you didn’t!

(ETA: My college professors also educated me. Then I worked at many law firms. Skadden Arps taught me a lot!)

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • LOL 3
17 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I don't know how to link tweets here (or even if you can) but my husband sent me a tweet that someone made of a Cameo they received from Lu.  In it she's mentioning that the recipient teaches Special Ed and that she, LuAnn, loves Special Ed because she's "a jock at heart...I love sports".  😳

Ms. Educated doesn't know the difference between Special Ed and Physical Ed.  I might overlook this as a slip of the tongue for someone else, but not her.  Uppity bitch.

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, AnnMarie17 said:

I don't know how to link tweets here (or even if you can) but my husband sent me a tweet that someone made of a Cameo they received from Lu.  In it she's mentioning that the recipient teaches Special Ed and that she, LuAnn, loves Special Ed because she's "a jock at heart...I love sports".  😳

Ms. Educated doesn't know the difference between Special Ed and Physical Ed.  I might overlook this as a slip of the tongue for someone else, but not her.  Uppity bitch.

See, this is the reason I still have trouble wrapping my brain around how desirable Lu is to men. She is extremely physically attractive. She responds enthusiastically to attention from men. She’s down for ANYthing with regard to sex. But she’s exceptionally dummmm. And is not aware of her ignorance. Do men just set a low bar for their significant others because sex trumps everything?

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

See, this is the reason I still have trouble wrapping my brain around how desirable Lu is to men. She is extremely physically attractive. She responds enthusiastically to attention from men. She’s down for ANYthing with regard to sex. But she’s exceptionally dummmm. And is not aware of her ignorance. Do men just set a low bar for their significant others because sex trumps everything?

Excellent question; I wish I knew the answer!  It just baffles me.  I'd ask Mr. AnnMarie, but he bristles at any question I ask him and expect that he answers for everyone of the male gender.  No idea why....🤔

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
49 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Do men just set a low bar for their significant others because sex trumps everything?

Yes.  

But really….other than Jacques, who of quality has she snagged (I really liked Jacques). Courte?  Reyyyyyyy?  I mean I guess Johnny Depp pirate was nice to look at, but dumb as hell (and also proceeded to bang Sonja which would black list him for me).  Tom other than his pied de terre, what did he bring to the table (also, Sonja black listed).  Harry Dubin.  See the black list.   Her chosen partners don’t appear to be looking for anything more than the sexcapades.  🤷🏻‍♀️

• Love 14
(edited)
1 hour ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Being dumb is a feature not a bug.

That ia why there are so many very intelligent feminist women who only have a relationship with their cat.

Edited by Feech
  • LOL 4
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, geauxaway said:

Arnazon, the package delivery service for people named Arnold. For me it's not that Lu is unintelligent.  The issue is she puts on airs to elevate her knowledge and experience above others.  In her mind she is the most accomplished woman, with accomplished being used as it would be in a Jane Austen novel.  She speaks multiple languages (not well); she is well travelled (although typically to tourist destinations where people go to get pampered).  Next thing you know she'll be doing daguerrotypes and crewel stitchery seats covers and playing the pianoforte. 

Poor Lu, she didn't even make it to the cover of Vanity Fair Ail Stars as put together by a housewives fan with too much time on their hands. 😿

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

Poor Lu, she didn't even make it to the cover of Vanity Fair Ail Stars as put together by a housewives fan with too much time on their hands. 😿

She is on the cover, but looks very different, she is in a silver dress with long dark hair in a side ponytail - right above LVP.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
(edited)

From what I read the current season has the lowest ratings ever. If Bravo thought that Leah and Eboni were going to save this franchise they better think again. Neither are likable and neither bring anything to the show but fighting and discord. God help me for saying this but maybe bring back Dorinda and Bethenny. Just pony up the big bucks and have Dorinda sign a contract that says she must undergo anger management or shut down this franchise. I will no longer tune in just to watch the  Leah and Eboni show. both are just too unpleasant.

Edited by 65mickey
  • Useful 2
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, 65mickey said:

From what I read the current season has the lowest ratings ever. If Bravo thought that Leah and Eboni were going to save this franchise they better think again. Neither are likable and neither bring anything to the show but fighting and discord. God help me for saying this but maybe bring back Dorinda and Bethenny. Just pony up the big bucks and have Dorinda sign a contract that says she must undergo anger management or shut down this franchise. I will no longer tune in just to watch the  Leah and Eboni show. both are just too unpleasant.

I was thinking. Perhaps Bluestone Manor can take over Leah’s scenes. They can splice in gorgeous shots of the house when someone is speaking to her or she’s speaking to someone else! Wouldn’t that be great? 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 4
56 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Yeah!  I’m all about Bluestone Manor!  She makes it nice!

No to Beth and not sure I can trust Dorinda yet.  Definitely not to Jill!!!

At this point I’d take any of them back if it meant getting rid of Leah. I think she should be on a different show. 

Bluestone manor would make it nice! 

• Love 11
8 minutes ago, LemonSoda said:

At this point I’d take any of them back if it meant getting rid of Leah. I think she should be on a different show. 

Bluestone manor would make it nice! 

If we have Bluestone Manor can Leah sleep with the fishes? 🤪

• LOL 11
20 hours ago, 65mickey said:

Probably Kim Zolziack from RHATL. Sheree and Nene chased her down the street and Sheree  yanked her hair.  Another one ot have her hair pulled was Danielle from Jersey. but she was brunette. 

• Love 4
(edited)
28 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

I have figured out who all of the drawings are except for the hair-pull on the bottom right.  Who got their hair pulled?  

I think that is the Potomac hair pull as opposed to the New Jersey hair pull 😬

ETA: Ohh maybe it is Atlanta

Edited by RedDelicious
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, RedDelicious said:

I think that is the Potomac hair pull as opposed to the New Jersey hair pull 😬

ETA: Ohh maybe it is Atlanta

I thought Potomac at first.  Who was involved in the Atlanta hair pull?

Is Kenya on here twice?  Once with the bullhorn and once as the recipient of Nene's martini glass toss?  I know that has to be Nene, but did she toss wine at Kenya?  

Why can I not remember some of these facts?  :)

• Love 4
2 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

I have figured out who all of the drawings are except for the hair-pull on the bottom right.  Who got their hair pulled?  

Danielle Staub pulled Margaret Joseph’s hair on RHONJ

• Love 7

S13E01: 0.959 million viewers (0.28 18-49 demo)

S13E02: 0.871 million viewers (0.26 18-49 demo)

S13E03: 0.822 million viewers (0.22 18-49 demo)

S13E04: 0.836 million viewers (0.28 18-49 demo)

S13E05: 0.881 million viewers (0.26 18-49 demo)

S13E06: 0.878 million viewers (0.24 18-49 demo)

S13E07: 0.866 million viewers (0.25 18-49 demo)

S13E08: 0.764 million viewers (0.22 18-49 demo)

Sinking and sinking fast... I remember the days when this show would easily clear 1 million+ every week. Soon it will have RHOD numbers.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, LilaFowler said:

Sinking and sinking fast... I remember the days when this show would easily clear 1 million+ every week. Soon it will have RHOD numbers.

Wow!!

• Love 2
On 6/28/2021 at 5:55 PM, 65mickey said:

No, those two, D&B, are far worse than E&L.  I don't want any of them on my screen.  And I'm one of the folks that took the show off my DVR.

I guess the toxicity of the franchise is finally so bad that no one reasonable will come on the series.  Who wants to surround oneself with the cacophony of screaming and constant sex talk from women of a certain age who probably aren't getting all that much?

This franchise has outlived its usefulness.  And WWHL is going down the tubes with it, with this franchise as its lead in.

17 hours ago, LilaFowler said:

And the answer is not to bring on more screaming harpies.

This is the marketplace telling Andy it's not buying what he's selling.

• Love 7

Bravo’s programming is down across the board so I don’t know if falling ratings have much to do with E&L or that people are kind of over most of their current offerings. 

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Bravo’s programming is down across the board so I don’t know if falling ratings have much to do with E&L or that people are kind of over most of their current offerings. 

That's ok - it's still, in either case, time to re-think what they're doing at Bravo.  I used to watch several programs on Bravo - I'm down to zero.  There's nothing I want there, where I could count on them to offer something interesting.

• Love 3

I recently rewatched all the past seasons of New York and am in mourning for what used to be.  They were on a high until last year when crazy Leah was added and Dorinda went after Tinsley.  I'm so mad I gave in and bought this season on Amazon Prime (with a Christmas gift card) after I said if Leah was back then I was out! Wasted that gift card.  This season is the absolute worst of any season I've watched on the HW shows I still watch.  ( BH,OC, NJ and NY)  I seriously am fast forwarding through any scene with Leah and now Eboni in it.  Show's only about 10 minutes long! Barely enough time to wolf down my treat.🙄

• Love 3
(edited)
2 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

believe Jersey is the only one that’s doing well.

And even they are down, just not as much. It’s not even Bravo it’s ratings across channels. 

Edited by biakbiak
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, biakbiak said:

And even they are down, just not as much. It’s not even Bravo it’s ratings across channels. 

Do you mean ratings are down for traditional tv channels in general?

I have to believe streaming has been the primary cause - and the pandemic too, a bit perhaps?

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, Jextella said:

Do you mean ratings are down for traditional tv channels in general?

I have to believe streaming has been the primary cause - and the pandemic too, a bit perhaps?

Tv across the board is down, even when accounting for streaming (they have similar access to the numbers). It’s a thing! 

• Useful 4
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Tv across the board is down, even when accounting for streaming (they have similar access to the numbers). It’s a thing! 

Interesting!  Thanks for sharing, Biakbiak!

• Love 1
(edited)
30 minutes ago, chlban said:

I don't doubt that, but it does look like, for the most part, NYhttps://heavy.com/entertainment/real-housewives/rhony-season-13-ratings-low/ is steadily declining week over week. 

That article doesn’t put the the ratings slump in any context and uses cherry picked quotes from their Twitter feed. I find this season boring as fuck but I could easily find a ton of tweets, including blue check marks, who have been loving this season and inexplicably love Leah. 

Edited by biakbiak
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

That article doesn’t put the the ratings slump in any context and uses cherry picked quotes from their Twitter feed. I find this season boring as fuck but I could easily find a ton of tweets, including blue check marks, who have been loving this season and inexplicably love Leah. 

Twitter is just a small microcosm of the American public in general and is very skewed to a younger demographic and specific ideology. It never ceases to amaze me how much importance companies place on Twitter, where 80% of the posts come from 10% of the active Twitter posters (which are a very small slice of the population) rather than on actual market research, which they used to to before the Social Media days. 

I’ve browsed some forums on other sites, and the majority of posters appear to be missing the levity of seasons past.

I just want to find a good report that compares the lower ratings across all shows so we can compare the drop in RHONY from the first episode to the latest episode, so we could take a good measurement.

Remember I am Stats Queen and I am missing important data to make a conclusion or at the minimum to do an analysis.

• Useful 4
  • Love 8
(edited)
9 minutes ago, Stats Queen said:

just want to find a good report that compares the lower ratings across all shows so we can compare the drop in RHONY from the first episode to the latest episode, so we could take a good measurement.

From April but the drop continues. Cant find a Bravo specific article but their shows are experiencing  a 20-30% decline including the Below Deck franchises (even those that Sandy and Malia aren’t involved with) that have surpassed RH viewership for several years. 

Edited by biakbiak
  • Useful 5
  • Love 1

I do not have any delusions about my importance as a television viewer, but I haven't watched 10 seconds of a RH show, any franchise, this year.  Last year and for a handful of seasons prior to it, it was NY only.  My only regret is that I may be contributing to the ego of a certain former NY cast member, who likely thinks that any ratings drop can be directly attributed to her absense.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 8
3 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I do not have any delusions about my importance as a television viewer, but I haven't watched 10 seconds of a RH show, any franchise, this year.  Last year and for a handful of seasons prior to it, it was NY only.  My only regret is that I may be contributing to the ego of a certain former NY cast member, who likely thinks that any ratings drop can be directly attributed to her absense.

You know she is. In her mind it might counterbalance he fact that her shows did horribly because they were her shows.

• Love 11
(edited)
5 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

You know she is. In her mind it might counterbalance he fact that her shows did horribly because they were her shows.

I mean, I'm not naive.  I would imagine there is a number that can be attributed to her absence, but for me, that isn't it.  I think for me it's simply a matter being finished with the business model.  There was a time, fairly early in the OC time frame, that I couldn't get enough.  To be fair though, OC was really my entry into this sort of "reality" programming, so it was still novel and can't look away from the car wreck interesting.  Probably the only franchise that I never cared for and didn't watch regularly was Dallas.  Have never watched Salt Lake, caught just a couple random episodes of London and Sydney.

Anywho, that's my story.  I'm done with RH, done with Southern Charm, have never really watched a lot of Summer House or Top Chef, so I believe I am officially off the Bravo Christmas Holiday card list.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • LOL 4
  • Love 6
On 6/15/2021 at 8:17 AM, hoodooznoodooz said:

Yes.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
On 6/29/2021 at 1:32 PM, heatherchandler said:

NeNe tried to pull Kim Zolciak's wig one time.... Or maybe that was Sheree. One of them pulled on Kim's wig. But just a little.  It was dumb.

• Love 4

Ironically, reality TV was created in part because it was unscripted and therefore cheap to produce. Yet here we are today with heavily, unofficially scripted scenarios that are crass, ham-handed, and, at one point, paying large salaries to some of the "stars."

I returned to the HW shows during the pandemic, but watching Top Chef, Mare, Hacks, Intervention, Great British Baking Show, Physical, etc. jolted me awake and reminded me that better programming is coming back.

• Love 4