Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Lisin

Real Housewives in the Media

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, biakbiak said:

You can od even on prescription meds.

Oh I totally know. I was just saying he may be supplimented over the safety regulations. Narcan on hand?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

My local drug store has a sign at the counter saying, "We have Narcan kits available". I wonder if doctors who prescribe these heavy opioids suggest patients have Narcan in their medicine cabinet, in case of accidental overdose? Just as a precaution kind of thing? I think I would if I were the prescribing physician.  I don't know if the presence of Narcan in someone's home automatically implies an addiction -- does anyone know?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

I don't even know how much Oxycontin would put you in the danger zone. Would only one extra pill do it? Or would it have to be a lot more than double your regular dose?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, Jel said:

I don't even know how much Oxycontin would put you in the danger zone. Would only one extra pill do it? Or would it have to be a lot more than double your regular dose?

Back when I was drinking and on xanex, which I took a low dose of and as prescribed, my brother, who has a Non Profit for opioid control and just opened 3 recovery houses, lectured me long and hard about being sure not to mix my xanex with alcohol, because you can die. Him having a Narcon kit on hand indicates that he may have had a problem, but there are a lot of factors 

Edited by ShawnaLanne
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, FairyDusted said:

Oh I totally know. I was just saying he may be supplimented over the safety regulations. Narcan on hand?

Oh yes I think that’s a red flag to have on hand. Hell B who has a fish allergy doesn’t even travel with an epipen but having  Narcon on hand isn’t something most people who are only taking medication as it is prescribed have on hand so was reacting to other speculation.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

6 hours ago, Jel said:

My local drug store has a sign at the counter saying, "We have Narcan kits available". I wonder if doctors who prescribe these heavy opioids suggest patients have Narcan in their medicine cabinet, in case of accidental overdose? Just as a precaution kind of thing? I think I would if I were the prescribing physician.  I don't know if the presence of Narcan in someone's home automatically implies an addiction -- does anyone know?

No one has ever suggested it for my husband. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

I have heard advertising to the effect that if you have someone in your household who is taking opiates that you should consider having a narcan kit at home. Just for “in case”. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

I have heard advertising to the effect that if you have someone in your household who is taking opiates that you should consider having a narcan kit at home. Just for “in case”. 

Well maybe, and are they going to start marketing at-home versions of stomach tubes with medical charcoal for that pesky drunk in your home?  

I know.  I'll shut it.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, Jel said:

My local drug store has a sign at the counter saying, "We have Narcan kits available".

Gone are the days when drugstore signs stated "Payday" candy bars..buy 2 get 1 free.

 

<<<<<DREADED MERGE>>>>>>>>

5 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Well maybe, and are they going to start marketing at-home versions of stomach tubes with medical charcoal for that pesky drunk in your home?  

I know.  I'll shut it.

Girl

Edited by artisto
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

Jill Zarin seems to be making Dennis's death all about her. Says she is devastated for Bethenny, because Jill knows what it is like to lose someone suddenly without warning. Surely, she can't be talking about Bobby. She knew his death was coming.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Pickles said:

Jill Zarin seems to be making Dennis's death all about her. Says she is devastated for Bethenny, because Jill knows what it is like to lose someone suddenly without warning. Surely, she can't be talking about Bobby. She knew his death was coming.

Just finished watching RHNY from the beginning, so Jill/Narc/Zarin is fresh on my brain.  She'd make a pothole about her if she could.

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post

7 minutes ago, Sterling said:

Just finished watching RHNY from the beginning, so Jill/Narc/Zarin is fresh on my brain.  She'd make a pothole about her if she could.

There’s a man in Chicago who does art for potholes. Some are actually stunning. He’ll make a mosaic around the size of the pothole, go there and fil most of it with a cement mixture and then set his art piece on top. Maybe someone can commission one for Jill in her image for a NYC crater near where she lives. His name is Jim Bachor. 

https://www.cbsnews.com/pictures/street-art-jim-bachor-pothole-mosaics/7/

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/5/2018 at 2:53 PM, AnnA said:

I'm not a fashionista but I sincerely doubt that mom jeans are the in thing.  I can't even guess how many women would sacrifice their last cookie/chip/bowl of ice cream/piece of chocolate to look like that in jeans.

 

Mom jeans are in- it’s true.  Go to Nordstrom it’s all you will see.  I just got some and they are really flattering.

 

19 hours ago, Jel said:

My local drug store has a sign at the counter saying, "We have Narcan kits available". I wonder if doctors who prescribe these heavy opioids suggest patients have Narcan in their medicine cabinet, in case of accidental overdose? Just as a precaution kind of thing? I think I would if I were the prescribing physician.  I don't know if the presence of Narcan in someone's home automatically implies an addiction -- does anyone know?

I take opiates for long-term chronic pain and my doctor has a narcon kit sent to my home automatically every six months.  It’s a safety precaution, and he isn’t accusing me of anything but any time you have opiates around, you should have that safety as well.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
28 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

Mom jeans are in- it’s true.  Go to Nordstrom it’s all you will see.  I just got some and they are really flattering.

When we say "mom" jeans

Are we saying they look like the high waisted pants of the 1970s?

The 1930s fashion used high waisted skirts

Made their upper body shorter

Gave the illusion of longer legs

see below:

circa 1970s  download.jpg.b4e3965fb070b5b59a9dc8067ed3c89d.jpgimages.jpg.5cf3011d49d7c83a4ac65b764e660a4f.jpg      circa 1930s  5b6f0f581820d_images(1).jpg.92790aea1cf86c8ead600e9e81be5564.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, artisto said:

When we say "mom" jeans

Are we saying they look like the high waisted pants of the 1970s?

The 1930s fashion used high waisted skirts

Made their upper body shorter

Gave the illusion of longer legs

see below:

circa 1970s  download.jpg.b4e3965fb070b5b59a9dc8067ed3c89d.jpgimages.jpg.5cf3011d49d7c83a4ac65b764e660a4f.jpg      circa 1930s  5b6f0f581820d_images(1).jpg.92790aea1cf86c8ead600e9e81be5564.jpg

This ^^  is a really good point. Granted the models are young and lithe but the jeans themselves don't look bad. When I think of "Mom" jeans I think of this look from the late 1980s-early 90s:

 

mom-jeans.png

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
29 minutes ago, SCS said:

When I think of "Mom" jeans I think of this look from the late 1980s-early 90s:

Exactly

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Can I also just say I absolutely covet the 1930s suit in the image @artisto posted above. While I'm glad women are no longer expected to wear girdles when in public and men hats and ties as a matter of leaving the house, I would love it if people would behave and dress with some measure of taste when among others. I recently shared a row on a flight with a young woman who was wearing shorts, an I'm Hawt! t-shirt and sandles with dirty feet. OK, not my thing but whatever. But when she took off her sandals, put her grimy foot on the tray table and picked her toes? Yea, I was kind of appalled. She was window and I was aisle so there was a buffer (an older woman who probably was raised to wear a girdle in public and she was not happy) but it was gross. I went back and said something to the FA who immediately addressed it. The girl rolled her eyes and went to sleep.  

 

Topic?  I love that '30s style of attire.

Edited by SCS · Reason: Topic and other
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

41 minutes ago, artisto said:

When we say "mom" jeans

Are we saying they look like the high waisted pants of the 1970s?

The 1930s fashion used high waisted skirts

Made their upper body shorter

Gave the illusion of longer legs

  

I think the purpose of the Mom Jean (my spellcheck has capitalized this- ha!) is to make the legs look longer, and shorten the waist.  Definitely hard to get used to again, but looks better on me than skinny jeans.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

I love high waisted trousers; so glam.  I think Hepburn wore them best (and throughout her life) but many wore them well -- both Joan Bennet and Lisa von Cramm (German socialite) look stunning in them, I think -- and if she had reversed the colours (dark pants/light top) Carole would've looked elegant as well, imo.

trousers ginger.jpg

 

lisa von cramm.jpg

carole.jpg

 

 

 

 
Edited by film noire
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, SCS said:

This ^^  is a really good point. Granted the models are young and lithe but the jeans themselves don't look bad. When I think of "Mom" jeans I think of this look from the late 1980s-early 90s:

 

mom-jeans.png

Pleated fronts were the devil's product.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

Not to be morbid, but how many tragedies have there been in these RH franchises? I only watch NY and BH, so I only know about Russell’s suicide and Dennis’s overdose. 

I know that there have been a lot of arrests and divorces. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

7 hours ago, film noire said:

I love high waisted trousers; so glam.  I think Hepburn wore them best (and throughout her life) but many wore them well -- both Joan Bennet and Lisa von Cramm (German socialite) look stunning in them, I think -- and if she had reversed the colours (dark pants/light top) Carole would've looked elegant as well, imo.

trousers ginger.jpg

 

lisa von cramm.jpg

carole.jpg

 

 

 

 

 

She for sure has the right body type for them. I love the look as well, though not the fabric of her pants.

Edited by ShawnaLanne
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Yes, Ramona poisoned the Paella in Colombia, Tinsley ordered the high seas for the boat trip, and I'm beginning to think that Carole may have actually tampered with Dennis' Narcan.  Luann is composing her opus about all this as we speak.  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, ShawnaLanne said:

I love the look as well, though not the fabric of her pants.

 

 Right? They cost a fortune, and still look cheap ; )

Another instagram post from Jill Shields:

Edited by film noire
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, film noire said:

I love high waisted trousers; so glam.  I think Hepburn wore them best (and throughout her life) but many wore them well -- both Joan Bennet and Lisa von Cramm (German socialite) look stunning in them, I think -- and if she had reversed the colours (dark pants/light top) Carole would've looked elegant as well, imo.

trousers ginger.jpg

 

lisa von cramm.jpg

@film noire: Two examples of perfection.

Here is K. Hepburn in a similar outfit to Carole's.

5b7022f51bddc_download(3).jpg.73db113c6129f7fe579537c6deebd8e3.jpg A talented, unconventional beauty.

Edited by artisto
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, artisto said:

@film noire: Two examples of perfection.

Here is K. Hepburn in a similar outfit to Carole's.

5b7022f51bddc_download(3).jpg.73db113c6129f7fe579537c6deebd8e3.jpg A talented, unconventional beauty.

 

 I love Hepburn's style -- effortless and clean and yankee-chic -- and that hair (and cheekbones and eyes) god.

Edited by film noire
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

High-waisted wide-legs!  I live in them!  Such an elegant look.  And they do make your legs longer and give you a waist.  Which I don't naturally have...

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, quaintirene said:

High-waisted wide-legs!  I live in them!  Such an elegant look.  And they do make your legs longer and give you a waist.  Which I don't naturally have...

I am in the market for some trousers so I am going to look for some of these.  The retro pics above are so glam!  My problem with high waist pants is I have hips but a small waist so in order to fit my, ahem, curves, I may need to get them altered.  Of the 3 pics above I really like the top outfit with the gathered waist.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Do these high waisted pants look good on a petite person or do they overwhelm them? I’m assuming one wears them with heels of some sort. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

Do these high waisted pants look good on a petite person or do they overwhelm them? I’m assuming one wears them with heels of some sort. 

I'm 5'4" and when I try them on it looks like my pants are trying to introduce you to my breasts.....

But I do love the look.......on other people.

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

 I may need to get them altered. 

A co-worker and I were discussing What Not To Wear and I was telling her that almost all of the clothing gets tailored, like Stacy and Clinton recommend, which is why everything looks so good at the end of the show. She then proceeded to tell me about a friend of hers who is a larger size but always looks amazing because she gets everything tailored, even her jeans.There was an article where Jennifer Aniston says she even gets her t-shirts altered to fit perfectly. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Tailoring is a must. It can take even something fast fashion from H&M and make it look as though you're wearing something far more expensive than it is.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

12 minutes ago, Ki-in said:

Oh fun.  I’m looking for the point where Carole/Andy decides Carole will not be coming back.  Perhaps when Andy resorts to the f bomb to shut her up?  But she sure came ready for a fight with the mantra ‘I’ve got your back.’  So she’s saying it to Dorinda and Luann isn’t there so who else is fighting with Dorinda?

Ramona, can someone get my purse and my water?  I want a grip to holla back, no get your own water you lazy cow.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

11 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

Oh fun.  I’m looking for the point where Carole/Andy decides Carole will not be coming back.  Perhaps when Andy resorts to the f bomb to shut her up?  But she sure came ready for a fight with the mantra ‘I’ve got your back.’  So she’s saying it to Dorinda and Luann isn’t there so who else is fighting with Dorinda?

Ramona, can someone get my purse and my water?  I want a grip to holla back, no get your own water you lazy cow.

I definitely think that the pre-Puerto Rico trip dinner with Bethenny will be brought up, and Dorinda and Bethenny will go at it about her drinking. Also, Tinsley has been fairly meek but maybe she'll get a question about Bethenny sniping at her. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Just watched it. Wow.

Lu who?  I didn't even miss her. And truth be told, I'm glad she's not there. One less voice in that cacophony of screeching hens. And I'm more interested in the drama between Bethenny and Carole then I am about Lulu's legal woes, anyway.

Scott sees other people during their breaks? Oh, Tinz. You might think that he's your soulmate, but the feeling isn't mutual. Keep your eggs frozen for someone else. I'm sad for that dingbat.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

If someone tries to shoot Sonja in the head they're going to be sorely disappointed.

There is no way a bullet is going to make it through all that product.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

So did Ramona have a bruise from getting slugged in the face? (my 10-year dream)  Why the couch switching?

They all looked ridiculous-ish.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

So did Ramona have a bruise from getting slugged in the face? (my 10-year dream)  Why the couch switching?

They all looked ridiculous-ish.

It was most likely an ill timed cosmetic procedure.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
PrincessPurrsALot
  • Take discussions of individual housewives to their threads.
  • Watch your tone.
  • This is not the let's complain about who "ruined the show" thread.  Let's stick to media discussions. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size