Type keyword(s) to search

Real Housewives in the Media

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot,
  • Take discussions of individual housewives to their threads.
  • Watch your tone.
  • This is not the let's complain about who "ruined the show" thread.  Let's stick to media discussions. 
  • Start Topic

What bullshit.

Agreed.   I try not to think too hard about what goes on behind the scenes and how production driven these shows are because it kills my interest in these shows. 

But just for a minute.  Then it passes.

• Love 3

Those ratings are very disappointing. Even stranger that is a noticeable drop for the season which has been consistently a tad up from last season, but still down from season 5 and almost half from season 4.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2015/05/28/tuesday-cable-ratings-nba-basketball-tops-night-deadliest-catch-nhl-hockey-more/409445/

Are there any posters know how these numbers look compared to the start of the season? Are these worse than past seasons?W

FWIW, I typically look at the chart on Wikipedia, because it compiles the TV By The Numbers data for the episodes, from S3 on.  Here's a link:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_The_Real_Housewives_of_New_York_City_episodes There doesn't seem to be any appreciable difference from last season...maybe a bit of a bump early on, but not sustained. 

• Love 1
(edited)

I was curious and decided to visit the RHONY page over on FB. Man, Andy really did scramble to have the editors shift the narrative to save Bethenny. Here are a few of the most liked comments (meaning I copied/pasted the top two visible, most-liked  comments of each photo post) from the episodes in the beginning of the season compared with now (I'll leave out the FB commenter's names). The number after "Reply" is how many likes the comment received.

Notice how they move from not being pro-Bethenny at the start of the season to very critical of Heather.

April 8 (the day after the premiere) | Caption: "The ‪#‎RHONY‬ drama continues every Tuesday @ 9/8c!"

Snoooooooooze. What a boring episode. Listening to millionaire Bethany whining about how hard her life is really grates on my nerves.

Like · Reply · 49 · April 8 at 12:25pm 

I really don't know why they brought her back. Her squeaky voice is so annoying. Probably won't be watching....I thought it was boring.

Like · Reply · 32 · April 8 at 11:41am

April 28 ( after episode 4) | Caption: "Bethenny doesn't react well when she hears that some of the ladies have hurt feelings:"

Bethenny used to be my favorite of all the housewives in all the franchises. I know she's been going through a lot but she seems very mean-spirited and angry at the world this season.
Like · Reply · 213 · April 28 at 1:11pm · Edited

She's a HOT MESS!! Get over yourself and move on its just divorce Not Cancer!!
Like · Reply · 148 · April 28 at 1:20pm · Edited

April 29 (after episode 4) | Caption: "Turns out Carole wasn't so happy with Bethenny’s comment about rebranding death:"

Bethenny isn't doing herself any favors this season. Her attitude sucks
Like · Reply · 180 · April 29 at 9:14pm

Bethenney doesn't know how to listen or observe; all she does is yap yap yap....needs to be the center of attention. I just watched this episode and noticed that the conversation was B and the 3 others, not shared equally......I used to love B, but times are a-changing
Like · Reply · 117 · April 29 at 9:14pm

April 30 (after episode 4) | Caption: "How did Sonja feel about Bethenny's return to ‪#‎RHONY‬?"

does Bethenny ever shut up???? and why does she think she knows and has to comment on EVERYTHING??!!!! She should learn to listen and keep her opinion to herself, unless someone asks for it. She's so annoying!
Like · Reply · 67 · April 30 at 4:25pm

April 30 (after episode 4) | Caption: "Do YOU think Bethenny was too harsh to Heather?"

Bethany has kinda turned into a mega snobby biyatch. Not everything needs a pun or a snarky dismissal. Be a human sometimes. "I don't really know her that's why I didn't invite her" done!!! Why all the annoying dramatic. #itsgettingold
Like · Reply · 323 · April 30 at 9:09pm

May 12 (after episode 6) | Caption: "Bethenny Frankel can't hold in her frustration with the other ladies any longer:"

I had forgotten what an absolute raging bitch Bethenny was. It took her all of one episode for me to be reminded.
Like · Reply · 87 · May 12 at 8:00pm

Because Bethenny is so superior to everyone - and never gives a dig. Right? RIGHT?
Like · Reply · 83 · May 12 at 7:49pm

May 21 (after episode 7) | Caption: "It was an emotional journey for Bethenny Frankel on this week's ‪#‎RHONY‬."

Bethenny is the only reason this franchise is interesting again. Say what you want but she says everything that you guys have posted about the other "wives" out loud.
Like · Reply · 111 · May 21 at 9:05pm

Ok so most of this has been covered in previous seasons.....so you get top be snarky and mean because of your childhood...suck it up don't play the victim Bethany it doesn't suit you..
Like · Reply · 56 · May 21 at 9:02pm

May 26 (after episode 8) | Caption: "Furniture shopping is always stressful, but we had no idea it would lead to this major meltdown by Bethenny Frankel."

She "use to" be my fave...now I can't take it...she is clearly in no shape to be on the show...& when she is 1/2 of it is the "Bethany show" again with her therapist. Work out your life & then come back...spend time with your child, you have enough money, you don't need to be on here right now. Oye!!!
Like · Reply · 48 · May 26 at 3:41pm

Bethenny will break down at a snap of your fingers..drama queen. I just cant keep up to her rants..The others I like.
Like · Reply · 36 · May 26 at 3:34pm

May 26 (after episode 8, advertising her "interview" of Andy) | Caption: "Things are sure to get juicy! It's an all-new ‪#‎RHONY‬ NOW @ 9/8c followed by Bethenny Frankel on very special Watch What Happens Live where she turns the questions on Andy Cohen @ 10/9c!"

I'll be sure to avoid it at all cost. Can't stand Miss Motor Mouth.
Like · Reply · 68 · May 26 at 8:59pm

What is heathers problem? So fake, never genuinely happy for anyone... Snarky little comments... She brings nothing to the show.

Like · Reply · 49 · May 26 at 9:22pm

May 30 (after episode 8) | Caption: "Oh how we've missed you, Bethenny Frankel. ‪#‎RHONY‬"

She makes the show
Like · Reply · 124 · May 30 at 1:57pm

Hilarious! #bethenny is the reason why I watch #RHONY #theBisback
Like · Reply · 108 · May 30 at 2:00pm

June 2 (after episode 9) | Caption: "Heather Thomson thinks Bethenny Frankel is receiving special treatment, and she is not happy about it:"

Heather thinks she is the "whats right police". Shes a busy body and most of us like Bethany and stopped liking Heather!!!!
Like · Reply · 321 · 20 hrs · Edited

Pfft look who's talking! Heather is just pissed because she met her challenge! Hollar there's another Alpha in the House!! Can't stand when she says holla!!
Like · Reply · 474 · 20 hrs

June 2 (after episode 9) | Caption: "#‎RHONY‬ heads to the Berkshires... again!"

Heather is HEARTLESS!!!! Everyone has problems with their parents YES BUT NOT TO THE EXTREME THAT BETHANNY DID!!!!!!
HEATHER IS SICKENING TO WATCH!
Like · Reply · 155 · 18 hrs

WTF is wrong with Heather? Her attitude towards Bethenny SUCKS! I'm starting to truly dislike Heather.
Like · Reply · 129 · 17 hrs

Edited by Mozelle
  • Love 1

Fashions seem over the top for this season of RHONY.  I'm in.

bryn-hoppy-bethenny-frankel-02.jpg?resiz

God help me but I just LOATHE those shoes.  Maybe I'm too old ....  They just remind me of stripper shoes minus the pole.

• Love 3

God help me but I just LOATHE those shoes. Maybe I'm too old .... They just remind me of stripper shoes minus the pole.

I think they're hideous too... And I'm 27, if that makes you feel any better! :)

I like a nice pair or stilettos but loathe clunky platforms. I don't think they're sexy at all.

• Love 3

First time I saw them, I thought 'Frankelstein'. The whole look is over the top and too much. On the show, the side laced leggings were awesome. Carole would have paired them with Rainbow Brite Chuck Taylor's which I might have preferred. Though probably not.

• Love 3
(edited)

This isn't media on any specific HW but I wasn't sure where else to put it. This book -- "Isn't that Rich? Life Among the 1 Percent" -- came out recently. You may see a "look inside" link to the left if you want to read a preview (don't know if it's available on all devices). None of these dames actually qualify for 1% status but the pretentiousness of Sonja, Lu, Moaner and Jill is in line with some of the preview text.

http://www.amazon.com/Isnt-That-Rich-Among-Percent/dp/1504007328/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1436289075&sr=1-1&keywords=isn%27t+that+rich

Edited by steelcitysister
  • Love 1

So apparently the reunion is filming today.  Bravotv.com posted the seating chart.  From left to right...

Kristen, Heather, Carole, Bethenny - Andy - Ramona, Luann, Dorinda, Sonja

Did Luanne get screwed divorce-wise? How much does she need this show? Sorry to say, her racist daughter takes after the count, facially.

Well, and not just facially, but in her world view as well. 

Do you guys remember the S4 or S5 reunion when Andy asked Lu how the Count felt about her dating Jacques? She said that he didn't like it because he was Jewish. Andy was all kinds of shocked and asked some follow-up questions and she tried to back out of it, but only made it worse. She said something like "he doesn't have a problem with Jews really, he just would prefer that I not be dating one". My thoughts are that Victoria heard a whole lot of this kind of thing growing up. 

• Love 6

Do you guys remember the S4 or S5 reunion when Andy asked Lu how the Count felt about her dating Jacques? She said that he didn't like it because he was Jewish. Andy was all kinds of shocked and asked some follow-up questions and she tried to back out of it, but only made it worse. She said something like "he doesn't have a problem with Jews really, he just would prefer that I not be dating one". My thoughts are that Victoria heard a whole lot of this kind of thing growing up. 

It says something about Luann too that she was married to someone with those views. 

• Love 6

Holy Crap. How did I miss that?

(edited)

Looking at a couple of instagram photos from July 4th on Reality Tea. Here is one with LuAnn out on Shelter Island (NY) with a group - including the Count. Well maybe that's good that they get along. But where is the Counts new squeeze? Wasn't she an African princess or something that he left LuAnn for? LuAnn is seated next to him and I see Victoria and Noel there too. Interesting.

Maybe Lu is having "the best sex of her life" back with the Count !

luann-de-lesseps.jpg

Edited by Bossa Nova
(edited)

And here is a pic of Carole on July 4th . Wonder who took the picture - you can almost see the person's reflection in her sunglasses. Carole grates on me sometimes. I think - that she thinks she is cute. I cant stand the coquettish kitten act with her. Braids, cut offs, baby doll dresses. She is this close to having a Justin Bieber poster on her bedroom wall.

carole-radziwill.jpg

Edited by Bossa Nova
  • Love 1

It would delight me to no end to have Luann and the Count get back together. 

I had to google some pics of the Count because I wasn't sure that was him.  Just looked like a baggy, old, white haired dude to me.  But yeah, it's him.

She can do better.  Because he is a baggy, old white haired dude. Who is also a cheater.  As much as Luann can act like a sanctimonious bish, I think she deserves (and can get) MUCH better than that.

• Love 2

OK! Magazine is reporting that Dorinda and Kristen were not invited back to RHONY, and that the others - including Bethenny - are coming back. I was surprised that B is coming back, but the rationale is "she loves being on TV!" I guess we'll see. Supposedly the show is looking for two new castmates but I wish they'd just leave it at 6 and go deeper into these women's lives, the way they did in the first few seasons. Then again, with several of them now being divorcees and empty nesters, maybe there's not as much storyline to go on.

As much as Luann can act like a sanctimonious bish, I think she deserves (and can get) MUCH better than that.

I wasn't impressed with what little we saw of the Count on RHONY. I remember one scene of him playing tennis with LuAnn and snapping at her at either the call she made or the way she was playing. He just seemed douchey and humorless. 

• Love 1

I guess we all know that short of a resignation these ladies won't know about being invited back until after the Reunion airs.  Andy has only said it maybe 100 times.  I think this year we figured Yolanda would not be back because she was sick.  I just can't imagine they won't thin the herd but at this point there is such a divide with Carole and Heather vs.Luann it would seem Bravo may not be able to put Humpty Dumpty back together again.  I am kind of hoping this season is Ramona's swan song.

• Love 2

I think they should try for Chrissy Tiegen. I can picture Chrissy and Ramona, Chrissy and the Countess in my mind.

Thank you! I've been thinking the same thing. A cast of Ramona, Carole, Sonja, bethenny and Chrissy Tiegen (with Luann making guest appearances) would be the best bet for next season. You have Ramonja on one side and the new allied bethenny and Carole on the other. It'd be interesting to see which side Tiegen would take.

• Love 1

Would Chrissy actually do the show?

And for that matter, given Andy Cohen's general sensibilities (or rather, lack thereof) about race and gender, would he actually, *gasp*, allow a woman of color on a HW cast that isn't ATL or Miami?

• Love 1
(edited)

I doubt she would actually do it. But boy would it be something if she did. The only reason I think there is a vague chance is because she's a total Bravo addict and even tweeted Bethenny earlier in the season inquiring about a dress Beth was wearing on the show.

As far as Bravo casting WOC outside of RHOA, apparently there were almost two black HWs this season on RHONY. One of them was a friend of Bethenny's. She said so during her one on one with Andy.

Edited by georgekush
  • Love 1

But that's the thing, isn't it? There's always WOC who are "in the running" to become HWs, but then it never really materializes. There were at certain points an African-American woman and an Asian-American woman in talks to become cast members on BH, but that never happened.

I guess one could argue that Joyce was an example of a non-white HW on something other than ATL/Miami but I do think the point remains the same: That Bravo/Andy/whomever is making the casting calls seems strangely averse to racially diverse casting on the HW shows. It IS rather strange to me that RHONY has yet to have a non-white HW all these seasons in, and there's no way Andy's gonna convince that there hasn't been a crazy WOC in NY who'd make for good trash TV.

• Love 3

I read where 90's supermodel Helena Christensen was approached to be on this show, either this season or the previous one, and she firmly refused. I've girlcrushed on Helena for years, and she's supposed to be quite a cool and savvy Danish bombshell with a quick wit and a quirky vibe. Lord knows she's probably way more fun and interesting than vapid former model Kelly Bensimon was....she has a kid with the dude from "The Walking Dead", was engaged to Michael Hutchence, is a renowned fashion photographer and owns/owned a vintage shop in Manhattan.

But then again, look how hard Joanna Krupa bombed on RHof Miami...and I really had high hopes for her.

If they're hoping to cast former 90's supermodels, Christy Turlington would possibly be an awesome choice. She's happily married to actor/director Ed Burns and they have two cute kids and a cute NYC townhouse...she's an active runner/yoga-enthusiast and social activist and heads her own charity for women. But then again, she's probably too mellow and peaceful for a show like this.

• Love 1

But that's the thing, isn't it? There's always WOC who are "in the running" to become HWs, but then it never really materializes. There were at certain points an African-American woman and an Asian-American woman in talks to become cast members on BH, but that never happened.

I guess one could argue that Joyce was an example of a non-white HW on something other than ATL/Miami but I do think the point remains the same: That Bravo/Andy/whomever is making the casting calls seems strangely averse to racially diverse casting on the HW shows. It IS rather strange to me that RHONY has yet to have a non-white HW all these seasons in, and there's no way Andy's gonna convince that there hasn't been a crazy WOC in NY who'd make for good trash TV.

I completely agree with this whole post and do think the lack of diversity is odd, especially on RHONY. I think I read online recently that they are looking to add a WOC next season. We'll see, I suppose..

Did Luanne get screwed divorce-wise? How much does she need this show? Sorry to say, her racist daughter takes after the count, facially.

Wait, what did I miss? What did Victoria do or say that shows she is a racist?

The Countess will always and forever get the side-eye from me for marrying that anti-semitic ass of a man and thinking it's something to shrug off and for raising a daughter who thinks it's okay to say the "n-word".  Judgment. 

• Love 7
(edited)

Wait, what did I miss? What did Victoria do or say that shows she is a racist?

In S3 or S4 Victoria was caught on camera using the "n" word and rolling a joint. Not in the show, she was at a party and feelin no pain. She was 16 or 17 at the time. This all came to the attention of the media and the world because Ramona decided to tweet about it with a link to the video (apparently a mutual friend told her about the party). Victoria was kicked out of her private school the week after it hit the media. Ramona took down the tweet and apologized, but the damage was done. This is the real reason Lu was mad at Ramona and "she would never forget what she had done to her". Except maybe she has now.

I've posted the link before, but cannot get it to work on my mobile device. It you do a search for "Luann's daughter Victoria kicked out of school" you will see it, along with Ramona's text. It was kept out of the show, even though it all happened during the time Lu was recoding her first song and doing the video.

ETA: I was able to link the story after all:

http://absurdtosublime.net/2011/05/21/luann-de-lesseps-daughter-thrown-out-of-school/

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 3

I bet if Beth walked onto "set" with a black friend, Dorinda would assume it was the babysitter (give D's track record).

Yes, and I think the friend of Lu's as well. We have seen her a couple of times, and she was the one in the flashback who was telling the story of Sonja hitting on her boyfriend. In her blog, Sonja discounted her story, and said she had been trying to get on the show for a couple of years and was just trying to bring drama.

• Love 1

Motorcitymom, That sounds like someone who would be Luann's friend. I am in a funk with Luann. I thought she was pretty good last season, but this season I just wish she would be her, not pretend her. I wouldn't mind seeing a grown woman, kids gone, being a woman about town, getting her freak on, partying. I don't want to actually see her get her freak on, but I would like her to acknowledge that she is a woman who is sexually free [not a slam! don't bring in the double S word!] in her single stage of her life. 

I hope I am not proven wrong, but I do think Dorinda really just thought the guy worked there at the restaurant. I think it is kind of race-ish to being trying so hard to pin the racist label on Dorinda. Not you, but some posters. Sometimes white people make blunders that aren't really about being racists. 

I never thought of the deal with Dorinda and the guy at the restaurant being about race.  But I am very careful to taint a person with the racist card, because IMO being a racist is the most horrible thing a person can be. There is just nothing worthy about a person who is a racist - nothing, so I am careful about it. 

My whole problem about Dorinda in that instance was the entitlement. She is sitting in a booth, waiving her arms around and saying "excuse me, excuse me" over and over again because she wants someone who she thinks works there to take her coat.  What kind of asshat does that? Does she think that anyone who works there would be ready to take her coat? Has she never eaten out at a restaurant before? Does she not know that folks have assigned roles, that not everyone is there to make her every minute stress-free? It just boggled my mind. I've never seen or heard of such a thing before, and I'm fortunate because I get to eat in some high-end restaurants, and unfortunately for me, often with clients who can be less than kind to the help. Yet, I've never seen anyone assume that any Tom, Dick and Harry who works there should tend to their coat after they are seated. I've seen folks ask about a coat-check, and I've seen a Server offer to take care of that for a client, but nothing like the way she behaved.  

I hate entitled people. To my core. IMO that is how she came across.  I am also reminded of two other scenes with her. One of her first with her daughter, when they were talking about a purse Dorinda needed to have returned. She asked her daughter if she would come with her, and she said only if Dorinda promised to not make a big scene. Hannah said something like "you cannot just treat people like that just to get them to do whatever you want", to which Dorinda replied, "oh yes I can". 

The second scene was at the brunch at the restaurant when they were in the Hampton's.  They were all at the bar ordering Bloody Mary's.  Sonja and Ramona started snipping at each other, and Dorinda is talking to the Bartender.  She said "I need worcestershire sauce immediately". It was harsh and incredibly rude. I just think she is an entitled person. 

One thing to keep in mind, not only is she friends with Ramona, she is very close to Jill Zarin.  Lots of tweets with her name on them. 

• Love 6

One thing to keep in mind, not only is she friends with Ramona, she is very close to Jill Zarin.  Lots of tweets with her name on them. 

Ah Ha!  

I didn't know that but it explains a lot.

• Love 4

But see that would enhance my view that it wasn't about race. If she had made it into a big deal, I would have thought, wow she is trying to apologize for being racist. But as it were, she just brushed it off, like she would have done to any man that she had made that mistake with. I guess I just don't see it like some. 

Once Dorinda made the mistake she told the story of an equally clueless event involving a man in a wheelchair.  I think she realizes their is a certain cluelessness about her.  Same thing at the craft party she glued the coasters to the jeans.  Clueless.

• Love 1

Once Dorinda made the mistake she told the story of an equally clueless event involving a man in a wheelchair.  I think she realizes their is a certain cluelessness about her.  Same thing at the craft party she glued the coasters to the jeans.  Clueless.

All of those incidents make me think that she's a woman who has never questioned stereotypes and lives in a very privileged segregated world where she can be oblivious and never question those stereotypes. It doesn't leave me with any confidence that she's a woman who can challenge or question stereotypes unless she's prompted by someone else.

• Love 5

The Countess will always and forever get the side-eye from me for marrying that anti-semitic ass of a man and thinking it's something to shrug off and for raising a daughter who thinks it's okay to say the "n-word".  Judgment. 

Yeah, Victoria learned that mindset from somewhere. I wonder what Yveline thinks about that?

I thought it was interesting how LuAnn was so hot to trot to meet/hookup with men while in T&C, but when it was mentioned how hot the yoga instructor was, LuAnn said to go get Sonja for him.

• Love 1