Type keyword(s) to search

Real Housewives in the Media

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot,
  • Take discussions of individual housewives to their threads.
  • Watch your tone.
  • This is not the let's complain about who "ruined the show" thread.  Let's stick to media discussions. 
  • Start Topic

Yeah, Victoria learned that mindset from somewhere. I wonder what Yveline thinks about that?

I thought it was interesting how LuAnn was so hot to trot to meet/hookup with men while in T&C, but when it was mentioned how hot the yoga instructor was, LuAnn said to go get Sonja for him.

Don't forget the 20 something guy she took into the bathroom at the hookup bar earlier in the season, I doubt she took him there to give him a tour of the girls "bathroom"! LOL IMO, LuAnn has no problem sleeping with guys in their early 20's, no problem at all.

• Love 1

Don't forget the 20 something guy she took into the bathroom at the hookup bar earlier in the season, I doubt she took him there to give him a tour of the girls "bathroom"! LOL IMO, LuAnn has no problem sleeping with guys in their early 20's, no problem at all.

She actually said as much in her TH. I am paraphrasing a bit, but basically what she said when she found out about Carole and the Chef was "I understand wanting to be with a younger man, but to actually date one?"  She admitted to seeing no problem with the casual sex, but every problem with a relationship. It's fine for her to think that way, but to judge someone else about the way they are living their life, and then stomp her foot and get mad when judgment is pointed at her is absurd. 

• Love 9

Today's New York Daily News is reporting that Bravo is trying to sign Lora Drasner (wife of former NY Daily News co-owner) for S8 of RHONY.  They also mention that Bravo and Heather "mutually agreed" that she will not return next season and that it's likely Kristen will not as well.

NY Daily News RHONY Casting

She sounds perfect. Sigh.

If by perfect you mean vapid entitlement, I agree!

She's known for her sunset pix! She could at least go for rainbows. And unicorns. And she only had to practice piano for a year and a half to get to Carnegie Hall. I didn't know they rented it out for vanity projects.

Maybe I spelled her name wrong but she has less of a presence on a Google search than I do.

I hate her already.

Maybe she is perfect. Groan.

• Love 5

At least the Drasners have money.  I'm just not sure they live in New York.

According to this Miami real estate website, they were selling their Four Seasons Residence in Florida (listed as THE MOST EXPENSIVE CONDO in the Miami market) because they were spending so much time in Aspen.  The asking price was $27 million.

The Real Deal Listings

• Love 1

Can't they find a younger NYer who isn't lily white?

The lack of diversity is another reason why this franchise is lugging behind.

Maybe people who aren't lily white are smart enough to keep their integrity intact and not long to be a RHNYC.

• Love 2

There is a show on bravo called blood, sweat and tears with a boatload of women that could fit on housewives of new york.

The problem with the Blood, Sweat, and Heels girls is that they aren't rich. The most successful of them are at Bethenny pre-Skinny Girl success. They're doing aight, but they have to hustle like she did. The other thing is that they are so much younger than the RHoNY women. Heather, Kristen, and Bethenny are they only wives under 50 and Heather and Kristen are gone next season.

http://stoopidhousewives.com/2015/08/12/rhony-ratings-continue-to-slide-beat-by-bobs-burgers/

I guess even Bethenny couldn't save the ratings. I predict the last three new additions will be under the microscope-they could just never make it work. Not that they didn't play well together they just live vicariously off the others.  That is bethenny's designation-Greek Chorus.

Whoever wrote that piece needs to go back and take a remedial math course.  

According to TVBytheNumbers Bob's Burgers got a 1.217 and .6 while RHONY had a 1.406 and .6  The StoopidHousewives piece quoted the same numbers and yet they claim that  1.217 is greater than 1.406.  Talk about Stoopid!

Even though the ratings aren't great, Bravo will go another season or two before calling it quits.  The entire HWs franchise is winding down after a long and successful run.  I don't know a single person (family, friends or co-workers) that watch any of the HWs shows.  I do know a few who are hooked on Deadliest Catch though.  Tuesday night cable TV belongs to TNT and Rizzoli and Isles with a 4.333 and .7 followed by Deadliest Catch with 2.194 and .8

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 2

Yeah, Bethenny's return wasn't a ratings boon, but this season actually held pretty steady in the ratings, so I tend to agree that they'll have at least another 1-2 seasons left barring some massive drop in S8.

What the....?

http://www.eonline.com/news/687549/jenny-mccarthy-reveals-bethenny-frankel-emailed-her-about-joining-the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city-listen?cmpid=rss-000000-rssfeed-365-celebritynews&utm_source=eonline&utm_medium=rssfeeds&utm_campaign=rss_celebritynews

Does Jenny McCarthy even live in New York City? She's from Chicago and lives in LA.  If they could just throw any celebrity into the mix, no matter where she's from, that defeats the whole purpose. It's already fake enough. This makes no sense.

• Love 3

Does Jenny McCarthy even live in New York City? She's from Chicago and lives in LA.  If they could just throw any celebrity into the mix, no matter where she's from, that defeats the whole purpose. It's already fake enough. This makes no sense.

I think she does live in NY... at least part time, her husband Donny Wahlburg is on Blue Bloods which films in New York and she's got a radio show on Sirius/XM which records (at least part of the year) in New York so it is a viable option. I don't think I could watch if she was on though. I can't with her. 

• Love 5

I think she does live in NY... at least part time, her husband Donny Wahlburg is on Blue Bloods which films in New York and she's got a radio show on Sirius/XM which records (at least part of the year) in New York so it is a viable option. I don't think I could watch if she was on though. I can't with her. 

I don't think her A&E contract would permit her to be on RHNYC and I am another one who has no desire to see her on the show.  I thought she and Donny had a real hit on A&E.

• Love 3

Shame there aren't any soaps filming in new York anymore...they could have cast a soap actrrss..it worked on BH after all.

I used to watch Guiding Light back in the day, Kim Zimmer (?) she played Reva Shayne, I would have loved to see her on one of these shows.

I have no idea what she is was like IRL, but I loved her on GL.

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 2

For some reason these NY ladies are not generating a ton of press in the off season as opposed to say RHOBH whose press never stops (Kim Richards being the main reason this season) so I found this story:  http://www.bustle.com/articles/104847-when-will-real-housewives-of-new-york-season-8-premiere-7-off-season-storylines-that-need-to

I would have predicted Dorinda would have been one and done but apparently she has Gaga and Hillary Clinton singing her praises.  I think the season was too Bethenny centric and the ratings reflect it.  Perhaps if they would have broken it up a bit.  Anyway since Bethenny never acknowledges Dorinda I thought she would be done.

I used to watch Guiding Light back in the day, Kim Zimmer (?) she played Reva Shayne, I would have loved to see her on one of these shows.

I have no idea what she is was like IRL, but I loved her on GL.

Ha Ha!  I remember Reva Shayne.  She was one tough cookie!

• Love 2

So it is the high season in the Hamptons interesting match -ups  https://twitter.com/kellybensimon?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Kelly Bensimon at Kyle's new Hamptons Store

The Lisas from BH hanging with the Countess  https://twitter.com/Jennifer06931/status/631544170268639232

Brandi claims to have a Labor Day invitation to the Hamptons   (I guess she doesn't have her kids)

Carole hosing an event at a Vintage store   https://twitter.com/CaroleRadziwill?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor  Since when are Levis high end?

Thanks for the info.I may clean my husband's closet while he is away on business.  I don't get ripped jeans . . . ever.

• Love 1

Good find, talula.

Read who was at Zarins luncheon. Hmm...Beth Stern? Howard's wife. Couldn't possibly be interested in being a Housewife. However, I could imagine Andy trying to woo her as they all are part of the Hamptons social scene, just like he did with Carole. Plus Beth is a strong advocate for animal rights (a commendable endeavor). But she couldn't possible need or be interested in a Housewife gig with Howard's success.

Maybe this bleongs on the Housewives past thread, but I still see Jill and this luncheon, as her keeping her dirty little fingers on the pulse of Bravo celebs and attempting to do behind the scenes machinations, gossip, control, etc to the network that fired her. It is so Jill.

Moved this over from Reunion thread.

ETA: Link to article mentioned.

Unless she's changed, Beth Stern has many times tried for television success on her own. She had a show on DIY network, I think, and I know she has gone after other television gigs but was unable to participate because of their NYC residency and Howard didn't want her gone for the lengths necessary.

And she's friends with Kelly. She sat front row with her at one of the RHONY fashion shows and was seen on camera.

I can see her doing this. I can not see Howard participating. I vaguely remember that he questioned why Kelly would sign on.

That luncheon was VERY Bravo-celeb heavy. But, Verne Troyer? Huh?

Ramona looked cute. I think her look suited her. Didn't see the mid-thick so much.

I hope this thread is appropriate for this.

Edited by NewDigs
  • Love 2

If not friends they are at least acquaintances. This picture is from 2012.

I just realized that pic is not captioned. It's Gwyneth Paltrow, Jessica Seinfeld and Beth. I don't think I would have recognized the first two w/o a caption.

And to say that I'm disappointed that Beth is friendly with Brandi would be an understatement. But I don't really get anyone being friends with Brandi.

But it is one more Housewife connection.

Beth is frequently on "chat" shows promoting North Shore Animal League. She really does incredible work for them. But her delivery is similar to Katie Lee-used-to-be-Joel's. Flat, little inflection with a slight nasal undertone. Annoying. I guess she'd fit right in

She's fairly unassuming and I can see the other Hos trampling right over her. Unless they decide her connections, mainly through Howard, are beneficial.

Edited by NewDigs
  • Love 1

Do these women not understand our societal connotation of "single mother"?

It's more than JUST being single and a mother--it refers to income,... I believe it to be rather sickening and disturbing especially when their extravagant lifestyle is almost dream status.

Edited by BookElitist
  • Love 6

Wow.

The Daily Mail must really not like Kelly. Those are some really unflattering pictures of her. Made my day!

And the single mom thing? You're using that as an attempt at sympathy for a $50k jewelry loss? Good grief.

• Love 2

So glad she's not on the show anymore. She (and Jill) are who drove me away for a long time.

Agreed. Even though I enjoyed seeing her awesome downtown loft and was semi-envious of her luxurious lifestyle(("single mom", my ass---she's beyond well-kept thanks to popping out those gals with Gilles)), Kelly was beyond unlikable otherwise.

Crazy as a loon and just a snobby bitch who only plays up to other women she deems worthy of talking to---anyone else she felt was lesser than her didn't get her attention period. Notice how she glommed onto Carole during her appearance last season?

That's the one thing I loved the most about her presence on the show though: when Bethenny got into it with her, it was comedic gold!! She proved how insane/petty she was while Bethenny proved how smart/quick-witted she was.

Ramona pegged her right when she said that you have to "keep it light and only talk about kids" with Kelly, because the woman is about as deep as a wading pool.

Sorry if it's difficult for me to feel any sympathy for such a nasty washed-up former model who lost $50k worth of luxury accessories thanks to stupidly leaving them in the car.

• Love 9

The thing I noted about her description of the theft was the need to note that she had them in a "Black Dog" bag. Which is a Nantucket restaurant that, IIRC, started selling shirts back in the 1980's. Now they sell everything, likely make far more money off merchandise than the food.so unless that bag was bought in the 1980,s, who cares? Very preppy back in the day, but I suspect are now owned 95% by people who have never been to Nantucket never mind the restaurant.

Great last photo! Though Ranona's Pinot gut is also cringe-worthy.

Edited by Mrs peel
  • Love 2

Sorry for the double post, but they are on different topics.

Reading that article on Jill's "fundraiser" drove me nuts!

First - if you need to specifically call it a "luxury luncheon" -- Houston we have a problem. Presumably people in the 1% assume luxury.

And one of the beneficiaries was the "Eric Trump Foundation for St. Jude's Hospital"?!?!? STOP with the bullshit foundations named after yourself, especially when you are a nobody except being the son of a fame-whore. If you want to donate money to St. Jude Hospital, a very good idea, do it directly! So many of these "foundations" are just ways of sheltering money, getting reimbursed for personal expenses, and giving money (through salary and probably paid board positions) to family/friends. To give 2 of the worst examples - the Kardishians are reported to funnel money through their foundations, then attribute all the expenses of a vacation to the foundation if they do one little thing for the foundation's purpose? Two week vacay in Hawaii paid by the foundation because one of the girls shows up for a 5 minute photoshopped appearance at a not-for-profit.

Second, Newt Gingrich apparently pushed his speaking fees money through a foundation and also spent the money, through the foundation, on personal expenses not otherwise deductible. Double benefit - no income added and personal expenses paid through a not-for-profit.

Edited by Mrs peel
  • Love 4

Um Kelly, you don't leave allegedly $50,000 worth of merchandise in a car.  I wonder if she remembered to at least lock the doors.  After watching Kelly on RHNY probably not.

“It’s devastating. As a single mom, who was on a work trip, it’s particularly upsetting. I was saving these for my girls,” she said.  What does being a 'single mom' have to do with it?  She's such an idiot.

• Love 4

Shouldn't we hear some legitimate casting or unceasing news by now?

Gossip from the NY Daily News on casting:

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/confidential/conf-article-1.2350178

Basically, they say:

• Bethenny is in, Carole and LuAnn are probably in
  • Dorinda has been offered a contract
  • Heather is out (again, it was a "you can't quit, we fire you" kind of quote)
  • Ramona and Kristen have not been approached yet
  • Sonja is unknown
  • Bethenny has emailed Jenny McCarthy asking her to join

It's pretty obvious Heather has gone.  I'm bummed but not surprised.  This is the Bethenny Show.

I hate to be one of those people who are like "I quit!" so without making big pronouncements, I'm not personally that interested in a show that is about Bethenny and people she deigns to interact with.  

I think the bottom line is to me, a cast built around Bethenny, Carole, LuAnn and Ramona/Sonja is so predictable as to make me bored before it begins.

• Bethenny will be the star and the narrator, and Andy will make sure that she always comes out on top
  • Carole will be the cool, laid-back sidekick who is also given the glory edit
  • LuAnn will vacillate wildly between screwing everything she can find and making pronouncements about etiquette
  • Ramona will offend people, say "in all sincerity," apologize, steal the best hotel room, and waddle around with her (enviably trim) gut sticking out
  • Sonja will be both delusional and condescending
  • We will get lots and lots of Skinnygirl placements
  • Carole will date Adam and giggle and pretend to be dumber than she is
  • Bethenny will pretend to date no one and pretend to be smarter than she is

Although I don't LIKE her, Dorinda is the only interesting person to me in that cast, because she is the only person whose actions cannot be completely predicted, because she appears to be kind of insane in ways that haven't yet been fully unpacked.  I suspect she would be the villain next year.

I think Bethenny realized that she was coming off very badly at the start of the season; and that she was undermining the very reason she joined the show again (to get her fan base back, and save her business).  So she made her feelings known (Andy himself visibly got upset when a caller on WWHL said Bethenny wasn't likable this season) and in the second half of the season, everything was clumsily edited to position Bethenny as the peacemaker who loved everyone and called it like it is etc.  She has very ham-handedly announced her narrative arc - "I was so stressed out at first because I was still healing, but now I'm back to myself and I love and appreciate everyone, in fact I'm even the peacemaker."

I agree she's a great narrator and gives great (talking) head, but when everything is being edited just to make her look good, and when they're only casting people who MAKE her look good mostly by being insane themselves (Ramona, Sonja, Luann), well.... eh.

I have barely watched the back end of the season.  Barely skimmed through the lost footage episode.  I'm just not interested any more.  This is probably a good thing for my life!!  Maybe I will start reading Kierkegaard instead!  (No I won't.)

Edited by ottergirl
  • Love 12

So they have started filming without Lu, Sonja and Ramona, who are all holding out for more money....

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2015/10/25/drama-on-real-housewives-new-york-set-with-stars-holding-out-for-more-money/

This part made me snort: "Another source added that it’s looking likely Lesseps will return to the show."

After what happened in S6, I'm sure she'll do everything in her power to retain that golden apple. I personally don't think the show would ever get rid of Ramona, although whenever I hear about HWs banding together for higher pay, I'm reminded of when supposedly Vicki, Tamra and Jeana tried banding together on RHOC, then Vicki and Tamra double-crossed Jeana, leaving her SOL.

• Love 2