Type keyword(s) to search

Real Housewives in the Media

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot,
  • Take discussions of individual housewives to their threads.
  • Watch your tone.
  • This is not the let's complain about who "ruined the show" thread.  Let's stick to media discussions. 
  • Start Topic

Carole appeared on Afterbuzz TV:

She knows Aviva's publisher and knows the whole story of what went on with her book. She thought that Aviva would make publishing her book her storyline for the season to promote her book. Aviva's ghostwriter was one that Carole talked to her about. She said she did the show for the experience, because Andy asked and to increase book sales. There's three trips this season. They filmed with Bill to talk about how he didn't write her book but they didn't air it.  She just closed a deal to turn "The Widow's Guide" into a TV show. They are getting a "team" together now LOL. They laughed a bit about the "50" comment and Aviva lying about her age. She seems to love Kristen and says she's fantastic and a great addition to the show. She is the closest to Heather, lots of sweet talk about Heather's daughter.

Wendy WIlliams did a long segment on Ramona today--evidently one of the tabloid magazines is publishing a hand-written letter from Mario's 32 yr old mistress to Ramona--explaining how in love they are, and how unhappy he is in his marraige.

Ramona is kind of crazy, but I feel bad for her.  I think because of her parents marriage being bad, I think she has put a high value on her own, and this is probably very humiliating for her.  I'm glad Avery is off at school--I'm sure she knows what is happening but I would imagine her parents would be hard to live with right now.

For Ramona's sake, I'm glad they are not filming now--but I bet this makes it onto the reunion show somehow.

I had a feeling this was going to happen.   I'm fine with her being on the show but I hope they don't film her kid or talk about her divorce.

The only way I can see Bryn not being filmed is if Jason puts his foot down about it.  Which I could see being a distinct possibility. 

But there's no way the divorce topic won't come up.  I mean, it would be weird *not* to address it, in my opinion, being that her last season of RHoNY and her spin-off series were based ON her marriage.  I don't think they should dwell on it, of course, but I don't see any problem with it being discussed a bit. 

I'm personally glad that Bethenny has denied coming back to the show. I don't think the show's decline has anything to do with the cast. I think it has to do with how long it took BRAVO to bring the show back to air, the fact that it changed what day it aired, and the fact that they focused way too much on Aviva and he who must not be named.

Viewership in the franchise as a whole may be waning, but aside from Aviva and he who must not be named, I enjoyed this season. It felt closer to the first couple of seasons than any other of the franchises for me. If they just got rid of the forced interactions and showed more of the women's day to day lives it would have been perfect to me.

Edited by MatildaMoody
  • Love 2

I'm okay with Dorinda coming on board, especially since she already has a relationship with a current HW. I started watching these RH shows to see how the other half lives (well, the 1%) and for the most part, I've been watching people living beyond their means and dealing with foreclosures and short sales as their credit-financed house of cards tumbles down. No fun! I know that the "real" wealthy people/society dames wouldn't dream of appearing on these shows. But I want to at least see legit Rung B or Rung C socialites - I don't want to see climbers.

Sonja seemed to fill this slot until her financial issues got the best of her. 

• Love 2

My favorite:

"Phantom arms reach out of the abyss to fulfill your every need."

The best.  Ramona has the craziest, most expressive face.  It's not surprising that they used her in a lot of those gifs.

That's the day before my birthday! It's like Bravo knew exactly what to get me :P

LOL.  And I may change mine this year to that date because I can't imagine a greater gift!

We are sad, sad people.

• Love 5

New York Post Jan 23, 2015 Richard Johnson Page Six

Bravo is getting its money’s worth from Bethenny Frankel, who was brought back to revive “The Real Housewives of NYC.”
At the Warwick Hotel on Thursday night, where Countess LuAnn de Lesseps was celebrating her cover on Resident magazine, “Bethenny was causing a scene wherever she went,” one witness told me.
Frankel strolled in late — long after Sonja Morgan, Ramona Singer and Kristen Taekman had gotten their glasses of white wine. The prima donna complained loudly when she couldn’t get a Skinnygirl Margarita, the low-cal cocktail she branded.
Bethenny “also threw a fit when she learned a reporter for a British tabloid was in the room, and demanded that he be thrown out,” said my source. “Basically, everyone seems to hate Bethenny.” Except for the show’s contention-craving producers.

I kinda luv how the broads on this show get their mugs on the covers of mags I've never heard of.  WTF is Resident Magazine?  Is this one of those free things in those icky-looking bins, that look like homeless people pee on?  Wowza, what an accomplishment, Lu!

• Love 3

I kinda luv how the broads on this show get their mugs on the covers of mags I've never heard of.  WTF is Resident Magazine?  Is this one of those free things in those icky-looking bins, that look like homeless people pee on?  Wowza, what an accomplishment, Lu!

I get all sorts of shiny, thick-stock, glossy magazines like this now.  They are full or oversized and probably are not cheap to print.  Luxe life stuff.  I think they go to certain zip codes only.  Perks of living near those who get to live large!

Edited by jinjer

So it is another freebie pub?  We used to get a few in my building, but the clutter was getting too much, even near the mailboxes, so we now get none.  The only one of these I kinda like is Hamptons.  The rest of 'em, I know nothing about.

According to the description on the magazine's Twitter page, Resident Magazine is a Monthly magazine for the affluent and culturally savvy Manhattanite. Topics include: travel, arts, dining and fashion - with only the hottest cover exclusives.

Hmm..quite different from reports a few weeks ago that bethanny wouldn't fight with anyone nor show her life with the new bf or as a mommy. Guess she had to amp it up to keep that apple.

I figured it wouldn't be long til the real Bethenny stood up, assuming that story is true. My prediction is that the first few weeks of filming she tried to keep her inner bitch under wraps.  I'm still betting on a dust up or just plain mutual dislike between her and Carole. (Based only on between the lines reading on social media)  But I'd looove to see her and Heather go a few rounds.  Not the whole season long, which thankfully it doesn't sound that way, but I'd like to see those 2 goats lock horns at least once.

Edited by ryebread
  • Love 3
Beth, get over yourself. Sinless Cocktails is way better than the Skinnygirl stuff I've tried. Bleh

I seriously doubt Bethenny has ever really had a "skinnygirl" drink - what she called the skinny girl margarita in Season 1 was just a shot of tequila with a lime IIRC.. 

According to the description on the magazine's Twitter page, Resident Magazine is a Monthly magazine for the affluent and culturally savvy Manhattanite. Topics include: travel, arts, dining and fashion - with only the hottest cover exclusives.

And 90% advertisements.  I love my LuLu, but please...

Edited by Mrs peel

So Kristin has a problem with Bethenny

Kristen places the bulk of her frustrations with the new season on casting. She explains Bethenny as “standoffish” difficult to “get to know” and more focused on promoting herself and her business ventures than truly participating in the show

Which is hilarious coming from someone who shilled her husband's energy drink 24/7.

Kristen adds that having 8 full-time Housewives, has made the cast very divided simply because there are too many cliques.

“Some casts… were only like four or five women, so it’s more intimate. … If you’re a small family of four you can all sit down to dinner together and find out about your days,” Kristen illustrated to the NY Daily News. “When you have a family of eight, you’re sitting down to dinner and you might not get down to the other end to find out what they did.”

Sounds like she's worried about her camera time. I say bring in new women. This franchise needs a makeover.

http://www.realitytea.com/2015/02/04/kristen-taekman-frustrated-distant-bethenny-frankel-rhonys-dynamic/

• Love 4

She did promote his business but what she showed of her reality outweighed the self promotion IMO.

I'd be miffed too if another cast member who is more than likely getting paid twice as much is not here to play the game, and only interest in self promoting. 

The thing I simultaneously like and dislike about Kristen is she doesn't know how to work these things to her advantage. Instead of making Bethany's disinterest in participating a conflict between us, I'd step back and let her have at it. There are 7 other women on the cast, let them take Beth to task, it doesn't have to be you.

Conflict only serves Bravo, it is not good for your image girl.

Edited by Deputy Deputy CoS
  • Love 2

Thanks for the photos!  The first one is Carole dressing at her worst, except I do like the boots, especially that she doesn't feel the need to always wear insanely high heels - and YES, I am looking at you Betheny with the high, high heels with jeans (though the outfit itself I kinda liked).  Now Carole could have had the boots shined?!

On the second photo - if you manage to wear shoes without socks/hose, no gloves and a short light coat that might not even be fastened closed, I don't think you really need the (hopefully fake) fur hat. 

• Love 4

I just went to the Bravo blogs. I didn't see a Comments feature on any of them! I know there were issues in earlier seasons about "fake comments," which seemed to be Aviva complaining about the positive comments Carole was getting. I figured that with Aviva gone, #commentsgate would be no longer. 

According to TV Deets, producers are zoning in on Bethenny Frankel's ongoing divorce from Jason Hoppy, and the current drama happening between LuAnn de Lesseps and Carole Radziwill on Twitter.

Sounds like damage control because Bethenny doesn't like how bitchy she's coming across.  The other stuff with Luann and Carole, could not give my worst enemy's last two shits about seeing that.

• Love 3
(edited)

So is the idea that they are going to splice in these new scenes among old scenes they already shot and try to make it look as if the women are saying/doing -whatever- at the time they were previously shooting?  

And it is all designed to make it look like something that has only recently become an issue was actually an issue back then? 

That sucks. I might as well go watch some network drama.  I know they contrive and manipulate and set up things for these shows and they are really quite scripted, but this is totally reshaping the narrative to the point that it bears no resemblance to reality at all.  

If Luann can't explain either in the media or on the reunion why she is suddenly got so upset with Carole when she was okay with her throughout the season, I want to know that and laugh at how full of shit she is.  Don't go back and have her pretend to have been experiencing this anger at the time if she WASN'T.  

What bullshit.

Edited by Celia Rubenstein