Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: Just Peachy

• Start Topic

Juicy!  However, having said that, I'm so glad you all are here.  I missed having a message board to interact with people at 5am.  For some reason, no one in my life wants me calling them at 3:30 in the morning to talk about how nutty Mama Joyce is, or how much Nene is getting on my last nerve.

Isn't that the best time to discuss said topics?

• Love 4

Wow,even after seeing  so many  "Happy" videos, including my  fave that my sister did as principal of her school,  each one brings me to happiness tears. 

I  wonder which of those  people may have shown up at the Atlanta reunion or did Porshas paperwork, lol.

(edited)

I was thinking the very same thing! HAHA!!! Or which one of the 911 operators who were in the purple shirts took Kenya's calls. I think there's a good chance the lady doing the fingerprinting might have taken Porsha's.

And did you notice the two guys in different scenes with their backs to the cameras? Undercover gang officers, surprised they participated at all.

Edited by cooksdelight

Hey ZaldamoWilder!

I started using the "My Shows" feature and then made that page my bookmark. Sooooo much easier to follow the shows I'm interested in and their replies.

It's nice to see so many people from TWOP here. Let's get to posting!

hey baburr! I'm trying to keep up with ya'll and this is exactly how long it's taken me to figure out my gps.  by Jove, I think I've got it!

On the top right of each threaded page, just above the responses, there is a light turquoise button that says "follow." Click that on the page of each show you want on your list. Once you do, there will be notification options available, like emails for new messages, etc. The "my shows" button which is at the very top right, also turquoise, will take you to a page that shows all the shows you follow. This way, you can make a mini homepage. 

thank ya loves, my page won't magically and automatically load and it made me sad.    got a hold of some feelbettrin and it's alright now.

Indirectly acknowledging the existence of the internet is boards on boards. Now go to to your room and think about what you did.

See there? This is why we can't have nice things.

• Love 2

See there? This is why we can't have nice things.

I know this isn't RHOA, but it is small talk as well as being suitable for people who understand my brand of foolery.

Re: the death of Meshach Taylor. My good friend had the following wailing and lamentation:

"Why, Lawd? Why take Meshach when we still have Todd Bridges and Jimmie Walker left to offer?!"

• Love 5

I know this isn't RHOA, but it is small talk as well as being suitable for people who understand my brand of foolery.

Re: the death of Meshach Taylor. My good friend had the following wailing and lamentation:

"Why, Lawd? Why take Meshach when we still have Todd Bridges and Jimmie Walker left to offer?!"

LOL!  I know girl, I was trying to be funny piggybacking peanut's post in mom-ese.   Sheeiiiii, we speaks foolery all day long up in here. carry on ;)

She KNOW she wrong! lmao!  I saw him (JJ) on some talk show not long ago and dude is bitter as hell.  Dang what's wrong.

• Love 1
(edited)

I was just having a go at Howard because she had an expansive interpretation of boards on boards that included giving me a four day suspension 8 days before the site closed because I ended what was in retrospect a boring post with "as discussed in other seasons". Should I have thought to add "in other media outlets"? Or would I have gotten spanked for not crediting a source? It's that kind of stuff that IMO contributed to the lack of ad revenue -- people were afraid to say anything, why would they want to click an ad?

Since I am older than Howard is and had only accrued one warning from 2004 for spoiler tagging a preview, and am relatively sane -- not to mention sad about TWOP closing -- I was resentful she thought it was the time and place to edit five words of a 25 word post and suspend me as well...with a lecture about repeatedly telling us about BOB in notes and comments, and how I need to take this time to cool off (?) and play by the rules. Especially since for all she knew I could have been referring to a discussion that happened outside of TWOP. Since there was, as the FAQ stated, the "don't e-mail us" policy of addressing moderation complaints, I googled her and found tons of Facebook posts and forums and even hate sites (which is going too far, of course) that were kind of therapeutic because I was relieved it wasn't just me who thought she over moderated and had some hypocrisy when it came to what she considered common etiquette for posters versus the condescending tone she often used ("Really? Thread closed until you put your big kid panties on"), which apparently fell under site-appropriate snark.

So this is way longer than I intended and I am totally not trying to pick a fight, make something out of nothing, or trying to open the Howard floodgates, and I'm sorry if this was like blah blah whine whine, I just want to explain that I'm not a troll who justifies harsh moderation. I said nothing about mods on TWOP for 12 years and I was letting off steam with other people by, I thought, poking fun and not being malicious. FYI I've been really pleasantly surprised by the moderation here. :)

Edited by The Mighty Peanut
  • Love 5

I double checked and it was his daughter, not Riley, my bad. :)  Riley went to a movie premiere in Atlanta with Kandi, crazy granny Joyce and the aunts on the 23rd. Aunt Bertha looks just like she always does. LOL 

Season 7 is already in the pipe? The hell? Season 6 ran until the latter half of May and Kandi's wedding special was after that. Is this season going to be leftover footage from last year or did the ladies just not get a break? I suppose they wanted to capture Phaedra and Apollo's situation, but damn!

• Love 1

I see Bravo's announcing the next (seventh) season next month. It seems kinda soon after playing episode 105 of season six two weeks ago!

Season 7 is already in the pipe? The hell? Season 6 ran until the latter half of May and Kandi's wedding special was after that. Is this season going to be leftover footage from last year or did the ladies just not get a break? I suppose they wanted to capture Phaedra and Apollo's situation, but damn!

After seeing the trailer, season 7 can't start soon enough for me.  Oh the shade of it all!!!!

• Love 2

Yeah, I suspect Phaedra and Apollo's situation is partially to blame.

• Love 2

I watched this show for the first time last night, and I was amazed by how good it was.  Nene is the only one whose name I knew, but not knowing their names didn't matter.  I think the success of the episode I watched was because it was told as one whole story.  You didn't have to know what came before or what happened later; it was a story in itself.  That's a smart idea for any audience members who haven't seen the show before.  This particular episode took place in Antigua, and one of the couples had a second wedding ceremony, which was a surprise for the bride. 

Speaking of the bride, what is the actress' name?  I thought she was beautiful.

I like Cynthia, but I'm starting to think that she likes to be a victim.  I think she likes it when people are like "awww, poor Cynthia"  

I 100% believe this but, dang, it's Peter.  I'd probably be all "Awwww, poor Lady Macbeth."

• Love 4

And yet she settled for Peter as her husband...

For the life of me, I will never understand that.  

With her beauty, she could have married a beautiful, successful man.  Instead she ends up with some jackass whose personality is seriously lacking.  

• Love 1

Cynthia dated jackasses in the past, didn't she? Some women with low self-esteem will unknowingly look for men who will use and abuse them.

The only two I know are Leon and Russel Simmons.

I think Russell Simmons cheated on her, but damn, if she had married him she could have divorced him for millions!  I love love too, but I can see the logic in marrying a jackass for a few years and cashing out.  

Leon seems like a nice enough guy, and is cuuuuute

Its hard for me to see how Peter is somehow even in the ballpark of the two ex's I know.

• Love 1

I am not saying that you should marry someone for their money, but Russell Simmons probably would not be pestering her for gas money.  Also, sometimes I get the feeling Peter married Cynthia for her money, even though she is so beautiful.

I have no idea what she sees in Papa Smurf, but she never really seemed happy with him.

• Love 3

I am not saying that you should marry someone for their money, but Russell Simmons probably would not be pestering her for gas money.  Also, sometimes I get the feeling Peter married Cynthia for her money, even though she is so beautiful.

I have no idea what she sees in Papa Smurf, but she never really seemed happy with him.

exactly.  

Peter is attractive, he definitely looks like the sex would be good... But there is nothing about him that makes him marriage material. 

I strive to be a cougar one day, but I can say that I would be so unattracted to a man asking me for gas money that I'm not sure the sex would ever be good.  I'm not sure I would let him get that close.

• Love 6

The meetings, party invites and stuff like that are arranged by the producers not the HWs. They need to find a restaurant/site that will allow filming, then they need to get signed waivers from everyone on the staff and also anyone that is to be filmed outside the cast and crew. Most likely, everyone we saw, except the staff, were members of the production crew! Porsha did not set up this meeting, the Producers did and they were the ones to set the time. Think back to the PJ party that Nene "hosted", Kenya was late, Nene blew up and the fight happened. Kenya said that the producers knew before hand that she would be late to the party.....seems they forgot to tell Nene to up the drama! Doing that is an old production trick that they have used across the boards on all of the HW shows no matter the city. LOL

I just can't see why Cynthia would say that Porsha set up the meeting if she didn't.  Even in Nene's PJ party case, it seems likely that Nene set up the time and place, had production clear it all, and then communicated it with everyone, but that Kenya called the producers to tell them she would be late.  Since she was late because she had to pick up Brandon from the airport, it very well could have been a last minute thing, in that his flight got delayed and so she called the producers.  At that point, Kenya assumes that production is going to tell everyone she is running late and they will wait an hour to start filming.  But production sees an opportunity for drama, and decides to start filming and not tell anyone.  Nene would still have been in the position to set up the time and date and communicate that to everyone.  In that same way, Porsha probably set up the time and place.  I would imagine she contacted Cynthia after the time and place had been cleared by production.  

Didn't Kenya say that she had sent out e-vites to that party that Nene didn't go to?  It would seem like production wasn't in charge of the invitations to that event.

I think its likely that production simply takes advantage of the drama created by a situation where someone is late, but they don't actively participate in making a person late.  They simply seemed to have taken advantage of Kenya being late to Nene's PJ party, and they would take advantage of Porsha being late to meet with Cynthia.  

Is there any way, other than the assumption based off of the Nene situation that you know that the producers communicated the meeting times to both Cynthia and Porsha?  

Edited by RealityGal
  • Love 1

I just can't see why Cynthia would say that Porsha set up the meeting if she didn't. Even in Nene's PJ party case, it seems likely that Nene set up the time and place, had production clear it all, and then communicated it with everyone

Here's how it works: The housewives each individually sit down with production to go over what their proposed storyline will be for the coming season. Production emails scripts to each "actress" and they know where/when they are supposed to arrive for filming. They know what they are supposed to say, who's to start a fight, etc. Sometimes things do get out of hand, but none of this is decided by each housewife. The director/writer for the show determines who goes where and what they do. The fight at Nene's pajama party wasn't scripted, I don't think, because you could see the crew rush in to stop it. Had it been part of the plan, they would have let it all play out.

You have to remember that these shows are all scripted. Every single episode. Every trip, every restaurant, every location shot. None of this is a reflection of their real lives. They are paid to come up with storyline ideas for production and act them out. Which is why I don't get too upset when I see Cynthia and Porsha going at it, as evidenced by the clock (good catch!) it was just them acting out for the cameras and doing what they were told to do.

• Love 2

Not that I'm not aware there is some level of "direction" (aka scripting) but I would really be interested in your source for that breakdown, other than an uncredited commenter in an article. (Sincere, not snarky request.)

I've seen things where they've had people re-shoot a scene or repeat something they've said because they had a bad angle, or walk into a room several times, and even read where the HoW's set out their schedules with production and then production decides who they'll follow. But nothing on the level that you've described.

Which is why I don't get too upset when I see Cynthia and Porsha going at it, as evidenced by the clock (good catch!) it was just them acting out for the cameras and doing what they were told to do.

Even as a situation or storyline is laid out, the words aren't put into their mouths, so it's what they say and how they act within those situations that makes me like/dislike someone, because it tells me who they are at heart, or who they're choosing to be. And in the end, it's really the same thing.

Edited by SnarkKitty
  • Love 4

I just can't see why Cynthia would say that Porsha set up the meeting if she didn't.  Even in Nene's PJ party case, it seems likely that Nene set up the time and place, had production clear it all, and then communicated it with everyone, but that Kenya called the producers to tell them she would be late.  Since she was late because she had to pick up Brandon from the airport, it very well could have been a last minute thing, in that his flight got delayed and so she called the producers.  At that point, Kenya assumes that production is going to tell everyone she is running late and they will wait an hour to start filming.  But production sees an opportunity for drama, and decides to start filming and not tell anyone.  Nene would still have been in the position to set up the time and date and communicate that to everyone.  In that same way, Porsha probably set up the time and place.  I would imagine she contacted Cynthia after the time and place had been cleared by production.  

Didn't Kenya say that she had sent out e-vites to that party that Nene didn't go to?  It would seem like production wasn't in charge of the invitations to that event.

I think its likely that production simply takes advantage of the drama created by a situation where someone is late, but they don't actively participate in making a person late.  They simply seemed to have taken advantage of Kenya being late to Nene's PJ party, and they would take advantage of Porsha being late to meet with Cynthia.  

Is there any way, other than the assumption based off of the Nene situation that you know that the producers communicated the meeting times to both Cynthia and Porsha?  

Alex McCord revealed a lot of production secrets, including this one. Also, Johnny the Greek/Penny revealed many behind the camera secrets on the NJ show. All the shows follow the same show format.

Not that I'm not aware there is some level of "direction" (aka scripting) but I would really be interested in your source for that breakdown, other than an uncredited commenter in an article. (Sincere, not snarky request.)

I've seen things where they've had people re-shoot a scene or repeat something they've said because they had a bad angle, or walk into a room several times, and even read where the HoW's set out their schedules with production and then production decides who they'll follow. But nothing on the level that you've described.

Even as a situation or storyline is laid out, the words aren't put into their mouths, so it's what they say and how they act within those situations that makes me like/dislike someone, because it tells me who they are at heart, or who they're choosing to be. And in the end, it's really the same thing.

The words belong to the HWs, there is no written script, for the most part, but the producers do "suggest" what they want to hear/see in each scene. Yes, things can get out of hand like when physical violence happens but usually the fights are pre-planned by all involved. The HW shows are more akin to old fashioned Soap Operas than real, true life, even Andy has said recently these shows are Bravo's modern version of "Soap Operas". LOL

The words belong to the HWs, there is no written script, for the most part, but the producers do "suggest" what they want to hear/see in each scene.

Exactly. When I mentioned scripts, they are more like a rundown of who is to be where at what time, what is going to happen, and if there is something specific they want the HWs to say, they put that in but it's basically an outline of their day.

Moving this conversation to the appropriate thread.

• Love 1

Alex McCord revealed a lot of production secrets, including this one. Also, Johnny the Greek/Penny revealed many behind the camera secrets on the NJ show. All the shows follow the same show format.

I read a blurb by her on RealityBlurred, and what it seems like she said is that production can intervene to make someone late by delaying car service.  This seems like an awfully roundabout way to make someone late, when it would be much easier to simply give them the wrong time, which makes me think the participants have some say/communication.  And it just seems unlikely that Cynthia would straight up lie.  And I would imagine that if she did, Porsha would be going to some social media outlet to protest.  Kenya was able to let people know that she told the producers she was going to be late for the PJ party without much blowback, so Porsha should be able to do the same thing.

And Kenya maintained that she sent everyone an e-vite to her party which she had on her phone, so it doesn't seem like production was in charge of giving out the times for her event.  She seems to have communicated the details for her party to the other cast mates.  Of course, I think even being a half hour late requires an apology.  

Can you post or PM me a link to this information?  I was able to find the story on a website, but it only listed the trick about delaying the car service, and how the producers are 100% in charge of the group trips, which makes sense.

Edited by RealityGal

I read a blurb by her on RealityBlurred, and what it seems like she said is that production can intervene to make someone late by delaying car service.  This seems like an awfully roundabout way to make someone late, when it would be much easier to simply give them the wrong time, which makes me think the participants have some say/communication.  And it just seems unlikely that Cynthia would straight up lie.  And I would imagine that if she did, Porsha would be going to some social media outlet to protest.  Kenya was able to let people know that she told the producers she was going to be late for the PJ party without much blowback, so Porsha should be able to do the same thing.

And Kenya maintained that she sent everyone an e-vite to her party which she had on her phone, so it doesn't seem like production was in charge of giving out the times for her event.  She seems to have communicated the details for her party to the other cast mates.  Of course, I think even being a half hour late requires an apology.  

Can you post or PM me a link to this information?  I was able to find the story on a website, but it only listed the trick about delaying the car service, and how the producers are 100% in charge of the group trips, which makes sense.

I no longer have those links, this info was given Alex's first season she did her vlogs on the HWs and much of this info was discussed on the old Bravo MBs. Try Google'ling Simon Barney, he used a Bravo contract as part of his custody fight for their kids.

Edited by WireWrap

ToukieASmith -- Are we talking the real Toukie -- among many other things the sister of your super talented brother -- or do you just have really really good taste in siblings and personalities and internet names? Have not wanted to ask but thought I would just because it's holiday season.  I  love your writing and your insights whoever you are and the use of the name brings back so many good memories of more exciting days.

And if I'm wrong or inappropriate in at least a couple of Web ways I guess I'll find out.  

• Love 1