Type keyword(s) to search

Jeopardy! Season 31 (2014-2015)

Athena
  • Start Topic

I had missed last night's episode the first time around.  These celebrities were pretty good and the game was enjoyable.

I will, however, not be watching tonight - I saw that one and it was awful once, never mind twice.

I don't know what comes next, probably either  the Teen or College Tournament. 

• Love 1

So if celebrities go in the red, they still get a $1000 to wager on FJ.   Not that it matters, I guess, since the 2nd and 3rd place celebrities get an automatic $10,000 for their charity.

Though conceivably someone could be in the red, get the $1000 "loaner" or "play" money, and if FJ! went their way, end up winning.  And then it's $50,000 for their charity.  I wonder if that's ever happened?

I once again felt like the Alex/Kevin O'Leary interactions were right on the verge of SNL Celebrity Jeopardy!

Alex: "This number blah blah blah..."
Keven: "What is blue!"

Alex: "This number, Kevin."

• Love 5

Though conceivably someone could be in the red, get the $1000 "loaner" or "play" money, and if FJ! went their way, end up winning.  And then it's $50,000 for their charity.  I wonder if that's ever happened?

I don't think it has.  My memory is that normally in CJ there is someone really really really far ahead so there isn't an opportunity for someone to win with the $1000 pity money.

But it doesn't matter how far in the lead someone is if they bet too much and get FJ! wrong.

I think normally celebrities are careful since its not their money but money for charity so they normally don't bet a lot of money....though the charity still gets money no matter what they do.  But I normally don't remember much about these tournaments unless someone is really really stupid coughwolfblitzercough.  It is possible if two are pretty close and get it wrong.   Heh, I am guessing also if you wind up with the pity money, you aren't going to get FJ correct and will probably end in $0.

• Love 1

Wolf Blitzer vs. Kevin O'Leary in a battle for next Jeopardy champion. Who would be the third evenly matched contestant?

Yesterday was Sean Connery's 85th birthday. A late-night radio show I listen to talked a lot about how SNL's Jeopardy Sean Connery character was invented. Now THAT'S entertainment!

Edited by saber5055
  • Love 4

I must have only watched the first two episodes when this first aired. Yesterday's contestants were quite forgettable. In fact, I can't remember who they were.

Today's episode should have been in Celebrity Dingbats Week. I've never heard of Josh Gad, thank goodness. Never heard of that goofy Ginger Zee, either, and I'm sure her weather forecasts aren't very reliable.

The only thing I've ever seen Bellamy Young in is an old, old episode of Law & Order where she played a cold blooded murderer. Too bad over the last 20 years she's devolved into a hand-flailing airhead. She seems relatively bright (although, compared to the other two contestants, that's not saying much) , but women like her really piss me off. Instead of embracing her (limited) intelligence, she thinks it's cute to act like a stupid bimbo. It's not cute at all, it's rage inducing.

• Love 8

I don't know what comes next, probably either  the Teen or College Tournament.

My cable guide says teachers.

This tournament will be new to me because I was in physical rehab after my surgery in early February.  My roommate was a woman who had a constant throng of visitors whose chattering made Jeopardy viewing nearly impossible.  Oh, that, and my bed being too far from the TV to read the clues.

Edited by pandora spocks
  • Love 3

My roommate was a woman who had a constant throng of visitors whose chattering made Jeopardy viewing nearly impossible.  Oh, that, and my bed being too far from the TV to read the clues.

What a NIGHTMARE! Glad you get to see it from the (relative) privacy of your own home this go-round. Enjoy!

• Love 3

Zachary Quinto ... it was worth watching this episode again just for him. He is both hot looking AND smart. And nice voice. *shallow*

Once again, I cracked up that Penn did not ask for Sean Connery's category, "The Penis Mightier."

• Love 2

Today's episode should have been in Celebrity Dingbats Week. I've never heard of Josh Gad, thank goodness. Never heard of that goofy Ginger Zee, either, and I'm sure her weather forecasts aren't very reliable.

Mr. Z likes ABC evening news (I don't) so I've seen Ginger Zee several times.  Her forecasts are about as reliable as any other meteorologists on national news.

• Love 1

It was a pleasure watching that cutie Colin. Yes, I'm shallow.

What is it about men from Virginia?  Eric Hack and Jay Singleton weren't too shabby either!

Just two weeks to go until the new season.....

The website schedule is showing the Season 32 Premiere as October 14 - so about 6 weeks away.  Seems pretty far out...is this right?

Edited by Tunia

The jeopardy.com website has been updated and there is a new listing of the top 15 for the next TOC if you're interested in that.  We've had a lot of really good players this year, several with the full 5 days or more wins. Just two weeks to go until the new season.....

I checked to make sure S****** Dancing Jennifer wasn't in the TOC.  As luck would have it, she didn't make the cut.  Hallelujah!  Does it make me a bad person to wish someone's misfortune?

Edited by pandora spocks
  • Love 3

According to the Jeopardy! Facebook page:

Season 32 begins on September 14. Be sure to check your local listings!

Hmmm...interesting.  This is (part of) the schedule from the jeopardy.com website:

TEACHERS TOURNAMENT

AIRING NOW THROUGH SEPTEMBER 11th

October 14, 2015

SEASON 32 PREMIERE

October 21, 2015

TEST REGISTRATION OPENS

Does it make me a bad person to wish someone's misfortune?

This cracked me up. Because I think each one of us posters are "bad persons" in one way or another. Just go back pages and read!

The jeopardy.com website has been updated and there is a new listing of the top 15 for the next TOC

However, the page has this disclaimer at the bottom: "Presence on this list does NOT guarantee that any of these individuals will indeed be invited to appear in the upcoming Tournament of Champions. All invitations are within the Producers’ sole discretion."

So don't give up on Dancing Jennifer just yet.

Edited by saber5055

Re: the start date, every TV listing site I checked shows Mon., Sept. 14. I didn't find anything on the show's web site, but they've recently redesigned it, so I haven't fully explored it yet.

Just went into their website to grab the page URL for the schedule, and they've updated and corrected it to read September 14 as the premiere date.  Confusion ended!

• Love 2

Truman, Eisenhower re-election in 1944?  Teacher doesn't know how to pronounce the opera "Aida?"  Now I know why students today are woefully ignorant!  Shame!

Right?? I can forgive the pronunciation - he said he'd only seen it written. But that FDR thing blew my mind. I thought it was a total gimme, and I am neither American, nor a teacher. Sheesh! I can only hope that it was a case of hasty clue-reading. Although that really only forgives the first person to buzz in.

• Love 3

Wow, Adam displayed some real dickish behavior tonight.

It made his defeat all the sweeter. 

I forgot the category and clue on this.  One contestant answered Horatio Hornblower while another answered Horatio Alger.  Please, God, let nobody say Horatio Sanz, I said to myself.

• Love 3