Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Regency Bar

• Start Topic

Is anyone else having trouble with the ads on the HW threads/pages? I am, big time. They keep playing even though I am not, and never have, clicking on them and the page refuses to scroll, it wouldn't allow me to post 1/2 the time. HELP!!!! LOL

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Is anyone else having trouble with the ads on the HW threads/pages? I am, big time. They keep playing even though I am not, and never have, clicking on them and the page refuses to scroll, it wouldn't allow me to post 1/2 the time. HELP!!!! LOL

There's a Report Bad Ads thread in Site Business. If you can grab the URL it might help. I have not reached the "Pro" level but I think every little bit helps.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, NewDigs said:

There's a Report Bad Ads thread in Site Business. If you can grab the URL it might help. I have not reached the "Pro" level but I think every little bit helps.

I reported the ad a couple of times and it didn't help, in fact it got worse. LOL I had to log out and sign back in for it to stop (at least for now). Even my pop up blocker couldn't stop these ads. LOL Lets hope the ad is removed for good soon.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

I reported the ad a couple of times and it didn't help, in fact it got worse. LOL I had to log out and sign back in for it to stop (at least for now). Even my pop up blocker couldn't stop these ads. LOL Lets hope the ad is removed for good soon.

Yikes!

I have, knock wood, not had bad-ad issues w/the new updated forums. But I remember and feel your pain. At one point I had to download an adblocker app just to use the old PTV forums.

• Love 1

Don't know if this is the right place (or if such exists) & truly hope I don't inadvertently insult anyone - I'm really sorry if anyone finds this offensive (& not just Ramona-sorry either.)  Only on Prev. TV have I learned that the innocent (to me) word "moist" is considered rude, declasse, etc.  WTH is the prob - I hate to see another useful, common word (such as gay - an adjective meaning happy; queer - an adj., odd; wench - noun, young woman,etc.) lost to polite discourse.  For why/whom is "moist," as in damp, dewy, a word which should not be mentioned?? 

• Love 2

I'm craving a piece of chocolate.  Not just a Hershey kiss.  I'm talking about a 'really good' piece of chocolate. I've got the hidden stash of kisses.  It's not going to satisfy my craving.  My mom had a hidden stash.  She'd move it around when one of us discovered it.  One of her favorite places was underneath the vegetable draw in the bottom of the refrigerator.  I've got a hidden stash that I move around periodically too. 

Anyone else have a hidden stash?  I also have the bag of potato chips.  No one has found that yet.  It's hidden in the back of the cabinet in the family room.  I cringe when someone opens those doors which isn't very often.  But OMG, I hope they don't see it.  It's been a great spot for over a year now.  

Gosh, I wish I had a Godiva stash right now.  Just a piece.  A morsel....    

• Love 2

ha! Since I think I started the "moist" thing I'd better give its history. I was reading an article that had words people just don't like or have negative reactions to even though the words themselves are benign. I brought up moist in some context here that I don't even remember anymore. Oh, yes now I remember, some other poster didn't like the word and I had just read that article about it.

• Love 1

I think the article is wrong.  I don't mind the words damp, wet, sweaty, clammy, wet, saturated, watery, dewy or dank.  *used the synonym dictionary, left out a few, it's late...

I think it's just the sound, and the weird stuff your mouth does with the first 3 letters combined with st.  http://thoughtcatalog.com/nico-lang/2013/09/moist-and-28-other-gross-sounding-english-words-that-everyone-hates/

Most hated words.

I agree with bulbous, lugubrious, phlegm and a couple of others.  Hey!  Lookie there!  Squirt is number 9!

• Love 1
20 hours ago, telemachus2 said:

Don't know if this is the right place (or if such exists) & truly hope I don't inadvertently insult anyone - I'm really sorry if anyone finds this offensive (& not just Ramona-sorry either.)  Only on Prev. TV have I learned that the innocent (to me) word "moist" is considered rude, declasse, etc.  WTH is the prob - I hate to see another useful, common word (such as gay - an adjective meaning happy; queer - an adj., odd; wench - noun, young woman,etc.) lost to polite discourse.  For why/whom is "moist," as in damp, dewy, a word which should not be mentioned?? 

A ton of people just think the word moist sounds gross I think? It isn't offensive or anything. Just some people think it sounds gross. My brother hates it. He also hates ointment and panties. Who knows. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Lisin said:

A ton of people just think the word moist sounds gross I think? It isn't offensive or anything. Just some people think it sounds gross. My brother hates it. He also hates ointment and panties. Who knows. 

Is he single? My best friend also hatesthose three words! 

• Love 3

This is the only place I can think of for this question! 

I'm a few years younger than Sonja. I've not had a child, so I tend not to worry about things being stretched out, droopy, etc. But after last night's episode, I'm wondering Do I need to worry about this? Should I be thinking of vaginal resurfacing/rejuvenation down the road?

Jeez, I only started using neck cream here.

• Love 3
On ‎5‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 4:52 PM, Lisin said:

It's just a word why give it such power.

Moist has always been a good word for me as I love to bake and BBQ. I want to hear people tell me what I made was moist. Dry as a sponge bread or cake or cooked to death dried out meat is an anathema to me.

I'll give y'all a word... smegma, bet you are not thinking moist is so bad now are you.

• Love 8

Moist is fine in context - moist towelette, moist brownies. John sounded weird - moist air from the phone ????

I'm late 50's, and the puss is fine. No surgery needed ;)

• Love 1
On May 22, 2016 at 10:26 PM, breezy424 said:

I'm craving a piece of chocolate.  Not just a Hershey kiss.  I'm talking about a 'really good' piece of chocolate. I've got the hidden stash of kisses.  It's not going to satisfy my craving.  My mom had a hidden stash.  She'd move it around when one of us discovered it.  One of her favorite places was underneath the vegetable draw in the bottom of the refrigerator.  I've got a hidden stash that I move around periodically too. 

Anyone else have a hidden stash?  I also have the bag of potato chips.  No one has found that yet.  It's hidden in the back of the cabinet in the family room.  I cringe when someone opens those doors which isn't very often.  But OMG, I hope they don't see it.  It's been a great spot for over a year now.  

Gosh, I wish I had a Godiva stash right now.  Just a piece.  A morsel....    

I relate and it is just me and my husband.

• Love 2

I pretty much need to keep my chocolate and/or chips stashes at work. Otherwise they disappear. But it's not because of my husband, I'm the one who can't be trusted...

Right now I've got a stash of individual squares of Ghirardelli Intense Dark Sea Salt Soiree and Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Caramel. And a little bag of Funyums. (don't judge)

Too early, must resist.

• Love 5

I once bought some honey roasted peanuts by accident- I thought they were regular..  I could not keep away from them. I was not working at the time.  I put them in my husband's truck.  I did not put the seat back in the right position and he threw them out and was a little freaked.  He threw them out.  Of course I don't blame him.

I have a problem.  I am trying to eat better.  Yeah! I'm not the only one.

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, applecrisp said:

I once bought some honey roasted peanuts by accident- I thought they were regular..  I could not keep away from them. I was not working at the time.  I put them in my husband's truck.  I did not put the seat back in the right position and he threw them out and was a little freaked.  He threw them out.  Of course I don't blame him.

I have a problem.  I am trying to eat better.  Yeah! I'm not the only one.

I love honey roasted peanuts!  When I do buy them I keep them in the back of pantry so they don't get discovered too easily.  Fortunately I can eat a little of a good thing and stop.  The 'boys' in the family, not so much.

• Love 1

It's so awful.  It just breaks my heart, that woman who read the texts from her son who was trapped in the girl's bathroom?  Her son confirmed dead last night.  That means the other mother who got texts from her daughter in the same bathroom must also be grieving today.

So much for the endless rants about homosexuals being put to death to cleanse the glorious society, in the name of religion, and pandering to them for votes.  One politician (and no, not naming party or person) actually gave a speech this year enforcing death to the degenerate homosexuals.  Words have power. 

I'm just so sad about this.

• Love 4
On ‎11‎/‎17‎/‎2015 at 7:56 AM, NewDigs said:

Well, this isn't the first time I've disagreed with one of their new inclusions/pronouncements.

Isn't this kind of a step back? Next stop, writing in rebus?

Pictures - for the kids who never got the hang of the written word.

• Love 1
On 6/11/2016 at 4:14 PM, stewedsquash said:

Hey there applecrisp, it has been a while, from another thread. I did a double take when I saw you here. Spooky, haha.

My nut weakness is pecans. And it started way back when I was a little child and it is my southern Grandma's fault. I remember walking down the long dark hallway of her farm house to a wider section that was also a hallway. She kept her deep freezer there, loaded with shelled pecans from her trees. The utter joy of opening the freezer (lifting the lid was hard), grabbing a freezer bag and going to the front porch and swinging away while eating cold, cold pecans on a hot day is a fond memory. Along with cheap ice cream, vanilla and chocolate and ice cream sandwiches. And field peas, butter beans, corn, squash from the fields. But the pecans were just a stolen pleasure that I could get away with because I was the youngest granddaughter (the cousins were spaced out over 20 years, my daddy was the baby of six kids). Or maybe Grandma just let me think that and all my cousins got freezer pecans. 

Your post just sang to me. My grandmother also had pecan trees. If you were staying a bit, didn't matter who, she would give you one of her Texas Pecan Shellers, a bucket of pecans and a gallon jar and you were to work on filling it while watching TV or visiting. She would store them in the freezer and hand out the jars to family and friends just before the holidays.

There best thing from her pecans, besides grabbing a handful from the freezer ?were the Pecan pies my aunt would make. Yum!

• Love 5

The Yummie yoga pants with a slightly flared bottom got here today (Jeans were on back order.)  Anyway, I love the quality of her flared leggings, thick material, very snug and form fitting.  The top has extra control at the waist but it's not restrictive, just snug and at the very least, these pants won't ride down.  I'd say true to size with enough length.  Very impressed.

• Love 8
(edited)

I'd prefer to live in them most of the time.  Ha.  The sale is still on BTW, but many sizes or colors are sold out. 

ETA She calls these leggings, not Yoga pants, my mistake there.  I got the "boot cut" style because I prefer those to the others.  Anyway, these are in no way see thru, and could easily be worn anywhere.

Edited by Umbelina
  • Love 2

Watching to Olympics opening ceremonies:  Oh look, it's team France.  Oh wait.  It's team USA.  The only thing missing is berets.

Truth is I had a blast watching the teams with my daughter.  Some of the outfits were amazing and appreciated.  Some not so much but not in a mean way. 

The Refugee Team brought tears to  both of us.   

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

That's interesting because Jules seemed a little clueless in the pizzeria and the staff certainly looked like they'd never seen her before. It's also a little interesting that all of her hosted events have been so good focused.

I always feel like it's the job of new cast members to introduce these fuddy duddies to new experiences and places. Maybe a yoga trapeze class, which would have been hilarious with Ramona's uncoordinated ass. Drinks at the Campbell Apartment in Grand Central Terminal. Something on Roosevelt Island. It's too bad that Heather and Kristen are gone because Jules could have planned a great playdate at the Sea Glass Carousel. A spa day and taste testing Jules' drink. An art gallery show. There are a couple of places where you can make your own perfume. This would have been a great event for this group of narcissists who all think they're creating lifestyle brands.

I think the newer women have done a decent job of having events at different places. They've gone to London, Coney Island Mermaid Parade, SPiN, the Museum of Sex, singing at Birdland, the Berkshires, the Highline, the boxing match, the mud run, and that soap making place where Aviva told Kristen to shut the fuck up in front of their kids.

Bold mine.

It's Closed !

I'm always looking for places I can "gift-card" to my sister and BiL. They live there and are frequently amazed at what I, a south Florida person, can come up with. And all pretty much thanks to teevee and this board. So I read your post and off I went to google.

Looks like it was a grand old place of the kind rapidly disappearing while hipsters, et al, emerge "triumphant"? Too bad. Sad.

• Love 1
28 minutes ago, NewDigs said:

Bold mine.

It's Closed !

I'm always looking for places I can "gift-card" to my sister and BiL. They live there and are frequently amazed at what I, a south Florida person, can come up with. And all pretty much thanks to teevee and this board. So I read your post and off I went to google.

Looks like it was a grand old place of the kind rapidly disappearing while hipsters, et al, emerge "triumphant"? Too bad. Sad.

No!!! Boo! I just read that the location is being taken over by Cindy Crawford's brother in law. I like Gerber Group properties, but I hope whatever reno they're planning highlights the architecture.

• Love 1

So according to all the gossip sites on the upcoming season, fallen socialite extraordinaire Tinsley Mortimer is joining the cast:

http://www.realmrhousewife.com/2016/10/25/rhony-new-cast-member-revealed/

If this is indeed true, I'm beyond thrilled!! I always was a fan of Tinsley's fame-whorey ways and how thirsty yet beloved she was back in the mid-to-late aught's---she was actually well-liked for her sweet Southern ways and her love of color and glitter and vampy glam style in NYC. She hung with the fabulosity fashion crowd a'la Kelly Bensimon and supposedly competed for gossip page/photo mentions with Olivia Palermo as OP's own society star rose((she's another one I sincerely wish would join this cast, especially since she was so delightfully bitchy on "The City")).

When Tinsley got divorced and moved to Palm Beach her life sorta unraveled and she lost her Manhattan social rank, so joining this cast would actually be a wise move for her, especially since she was just on bazaar.com claiming she wants a "comeback" to the scene. She has the potential to be a weepy mess, so this might be the perfect addition to this cast!

• Love 5

So according to all the gossip sites on the upcoming season, fallen socialite extraordinaire Tinsley Mortimer is joining the cast:

Grapevine is saying that they are actually filming already.  So does that mean that everyone is back or that the HOs that aren't back have slid under the radar.

Just read on two different sites that the cast is the same and that no one was fired, only Jules left, of course. Plus Tinsley, who may or may not be in the "friend of" category, I'm still not sure. Sounds good!

On 10/28/2016 at 0:08 PM, QuinnM said:

Grapevine is saying that they are actually filming already.  So does that mean that everyone is back or that the HOs that aren't back have slid under the radar.

I thought they must be filming, or very close to starting. They are always a few episodes in by Ramona's birthday, which is the middle of November. 

TWoP can kiss my wrinkled hiney.  Too many stupid, useless rules that were unevenly enforced and they let the mods treat the posters like crap.  This place is a thousand times better.  And now that people have seen that it's actually possible to have a place to snark and discuss shows without being threatened, insulted, and punished all the damn time, why would anyone go back? 

• Love 14
6 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

TWoP can kiss my wrinkled hiney.  Too many stupid, useless rules that were unevenly enforced and they let the mods treat the posters like crap.  This place is a thousand times better.  And now that people have seen that it's actually possible to have a place to snark and discuss shows without being threatened, insulted, and punished all the damn time, why would anyone go back? 

Ha!  I just saw the link when I pulled up my T.V. listings,and thought I'd share the info.  I never posted there - just lurked for the last year of its' existence, then came here.  So I never had any awareness of posting problems or mod behavior....I'll take your word for it!!

• Love 1
On 10/30/2016 at 2:22 PM, Celia Rubenstein said:

Thank you! Those moderators there were AWFUL and almost seemed smug with power; I remember one of them actually gave me a "strike"((or was it a "warning"?)) because according to this mod, I "didn't space my post properly"((?!)) And they would lock up certain shows' posts for days over the dumbest little things. The moderators here are so much more professional, fair, and most importantly, sane. Plus, I just prefer the overall tone and vibe here---never going back either!!

• Love 7

Hey gang! While we're obviously thrilled you are all happy here, lets leave the mod bashing from other sites out of things please! I'm not going to remove posts and there's no "rule" that you can't mention TWoP or anything, but bashing anyone isn't cool, and y'all know how I love for you to "be cool" ;). THANKS!! 

• Love 1