Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Lisin

Small Talk: The Regency Bar

Recommended Posts

Thank you all so very much.  

Even though I have other cats, the house feels so empty.    Bella was the oldest, the most spoiled and the feline in charge around here.

                ❤️💛💚💙💜 RIP Bella 💜💙💚💛❤️

image.jpeg

Edited by AnnA
  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

She’s a pretty girl, AnnA.  If she was like mine, she was thinking ‘get that thing out of my face ... I’m busy here.’ And, her tail starts thumping to let you know she means it. 😁

I’m sorry for your loss. 😢

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Oh my @LucindaWalsh - What a beautiful story. I believe it and it made me cry (again).  I'll admit that's not hard to do today.  It was a weepy Friday for me.  

Edited by AnnA
  • Like 4
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, LucindaWalsh said:

I am glad your kitty went to a comforting place when it needed to leave this world @AnnA 

Not sure if any of you believe in these kinds of things but I had a yard dog, rescued from down at the river, all skin and bones. She was a beagle/walker mix so she looked hilarious. I fattened her up even though she buried most of the treats I gave her. I gave her everything, pizza, hamburger rolls, honey buns, whatever I had along with dog food. She would sneak in and steal things from the house to put in her dog house. Until I closed up the crawl space, she would stash stuff under there. Recently when I had a nephew go under there for some repair work he came out and said that Sugarbear had a whole living room under there. I didn't expect to have her for 8 years because she had heart worms, growths protruding, many things from being abandoned and not cared for. I thought about putting her down but a guy friend said "she's so happy!" that I couldn't. Couple of weeks ago I knew it was her time because she was not eating, and would barely move from place to place, heading towards the woods to die. I haven't found her but one night at the end of the week she came to me in a dream, wagging her tail, all slim and shiny, healthy looking, standing on a large rock. Then she turned and ran away. The part I don't think people will believe is that she came to let me know she was gone and safe, happy again. So I haven't cried for her, she had a great life.

Beautiful story and dream~

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

I lost my precious Lennier first, we used to spoon at night and he let me drum his big belly. I lost him first. His sister and litter mate, Talia, had decided that sleeping on the top of my pillow (my head) was where she wanted to be. I was having horrible hot flashes, so a cat on the head did not help. Of course, she’s a cat so decided she’d sleep in the hottest spot in the house. 

After we lost Lennier, we thought we had a least a year with Talia, but it was only months. At night, she would pat my head to tell me to turn the light of and go to sleep. She continued to do that for several months after she passed away. I still feel their presence.

  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

I lost my precious Lennier first, we used to spoon at night and he let me drum his big belly. I lost him first. His sister and litter mate, Talia, had decided that sleeping on the top of my pillow (my head) was where she wanted to be. I was having horrible hot flashes, so a cat on the head did not help. Of course, she’s a cat so decided she’d sleep in the hottest spot in the house. 

After we lost Lennier, we thought we had a least a year with Talia, but it was only months. At night, she would pat my head to tell me to turn the light of and go to sleep. She continued to do that for several months after she passed away. I still feel their presence.

I also have a spooner.  My girl Onyx.  She's nearly 13 and in kidney failure, and I greet each day knowing that we're closer to losing her.  She has been a true joy, and we're grateful for her.

onyx and her toy.jpg

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

52 minutes ago, WhoaWhoKnew said:

Y'all are about to make me legit cry.

Pets are so wonderful. They give all love and no judgment.

My little bundle of joy can be quite judgy 😹. But I love him none the less.  He’s either super snuggles or leave me the F alone.  They say pets take after their owners....

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post

Waterworks 😢  we had four .. Mother, Velvet, Diamond and Mickie.  When we went to Florida, I flew   Velvet and Mickie on the plane as we drove down and I didn’t want them to be uncomfortable in the car for two days.  Cost me $1000.  They were worth it.  We picked them up in cargo at Orlando.  They were so happy.  Maybe they thought we left them.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Our fur babies mean so much to us. My Smudge, the one in the avatar, is currently curled up on my lap. When i was first diagnosed with arthritis she would alternate sleeping on my ankles then on my wrists. That's where the pain began and she was my personal heating pad. She would switch about every half hour. 

@AnnA. Clover, Smudge and I each send you a big hug. 

IMG_1215_2.JPG

FB_IMG_1506833026870.jpg

Edited by Reality police
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Reality police said:

Our fur babies mean so much to us. My Smudge, the one in the avatar, is currently curled up on my lap. When i was first diagnosed with arthritis she would alternate sleeping on my ankles then on my wrists. That's where the pain began and she was my personal heating pad. She would switch about every half hour. 

Clover, Smudge and I each send you a big hug. 

IMG_1215_2.JPG

FB_IMG_1506833026870.jpg

Such a good baby, taking care of Mama's arthritis~ 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, LucindaWalsh said:

@AnnA I didn't want to make you cry any more; I know it doesn't take anything much though when you are fresh on losing a pet. I hope you are doing better today.

I love cats but have only had dogs my adult life. The occasional stray cat has come along and I have fed and played with them but then they move along. 

I had one dog too, but found cats easier.  I made a mistake .. actually, we had five cats.  We had Dodgewell too.  We gave him an English name.  “Mother” was a stray that just showed up and stood, and liked the night life, therefore had four kids.  She was “skittish” and wouldn’t come into the house, so we made a home for her in our back porch.  Her kids came into the house.  Just thinking about them makes me want to cry too.  I hate the thought of strays out in the wintertime.  Oh Geeze.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

@film noire.   Thanks for the zoom tip.    Although it sometimes doesn't stay locked in on my iPad, it really helps. 

As much as I am looking forward to the RHONY returning, part of me is dreading it because of this new forum setup.   It's so damn unfriendly that I find myself spending a lot less time on PTV. 

Edited by AnnA
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, AnnA said:

@film noire.   Thanks for the zoom tip.    Although it sometimes doesn't stay locked in on my iPad, it really helps. 

As much as I am looking forward to the RHONY returning, part of me is dreading it because of this new forum setup.   It's so damn unfriendly that I find myself spending a lot less time on PTV. 

Acckkk, girl, don’t say that!   

I have trouble in general (technology has beat me) but nothing comes between us and RHONY.  Well ... sometimes Jill did ... oh, and Bethenny ... yeah, then I guess ... Ramona .... and ...  Dorinda can be a bit much ... Sonja’s flashing gets old ...  think you see where I’m going with this.   

😁

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
37 minutes ago, Ellee said:

Acckkk, girl, don’t say that!   

I have trouble in general (technology has beat me) but nothing comes between us and RHONY.  Well ... sometimes Jill did ... oh, and Bethenny ... yeah, then I guess ... Ramona .... and ...  Dorinda can be a bit much ... Sonja’s flashing gets old ...  think you see where I’m going with this.   

😁

I'll be here because I have an important mission.

DId you forget that I'm Team Bethenny? LOL

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
30 minutes ago, AnnA said:

I'll be here because I have an important mission.

DId you forget that I'm Team Bethenny? LOL

Lol ...  I should have said ‘B strong’ when it comes to the boards.   

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

LOL .... I guess I should have.  I’ve never gone there. Automatically came here.  Didn’t think. 😁

Or maybe it’s a sign I’m not good with change. ☺️

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Reality police said:

Someone said its the shadow from her hands? Very bad lighting. 

Oh ... I can see that now.  Thanks.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 2/27/2019 at 12:47 PM, walnutqueen said:

I think you meant to post this on the VPR forum, @Ellee

Maybe one deflated ?

Share this post


Link to post

Can’t wait for Wednesday!  My Favorite show and Bethenny.  Wish it was 2 hours.  Oh, and all the “ new faces” ( meaning nips and tucks).

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

2 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

Maybe one deflated ?

Lol that’s what I was originally thinking but it looked so bad I was thinking how could she not want to turn and rearrange or someone tell her to adjust. 

Speaking of looking bad realitytea has a pic of Danielle Staub. She’s had so much work done on her face she looks like that ‘Madame’ puppet or someone there really dislikes her and altered the pic so she did. 

1 hour ago, Gem 10 said:

Can’t wait for Wednesday!  My Favorite show and Bethenny.  Wish it was 2 hours.  Oh, and all the “ new faces” ( meaning nips and tucks).

I’ll be watching for this too.  For sure. How these women do this to themselves and not realize they’ve destroyed their looks. 

How are you doing, Gem?  I can’t wait to see what happens this year.  Lol ... seeing Jill will be interesting to see if she’s changed  or not. Or maybe it’s how she changed. 

Edited by Ellee
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

Can’t wait for Wednesday!  My Favorite show and Bethenny.  Wish it was 2 hours.  Oh, and all the “ new faces” ( meaning nips and tucks).

Me too! Love those girls. 

How is your back doing Gem?

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Reality police said:

Me too! Love those girls. 

How is your back doing Gem?

Not great. Thanks.  Going for more shots in 2 weeks. But, everyone has something .. even worse, so no use complaining.  As Wendy Williams would say ..”How ya Doin” ?  I know you have some things going on too.  BTW, Wendy coming back Monday.  I want to see what she has to say after being out since before Christmas.  If it wasn’t for Turner Classic and Reality shows, I’d be in the asylum, haha.

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Gem 10 said:

Not great. Thanks.  Going for more shots in 2 weeks. But, everyone has something .. even worse, so no use complaining.  As Wendy Williams would say ..”How ya Doin” ?  I know you have some things going on too.  BTW, Wendy coming back Monday.  I want to see what she has to say after being out since before Christmas.  If it wasn’t for Turner Classic and Reality shows, I’d be in the asylum, haha.

And then we have the snow, so can’t even get out of the house, unless you want to kill yourself going to the car. Lol.

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

Not great. Thanks.  Going for more shots in 2 weeks. But, everyone has something .. even worse, so no use complaining.  As Wendy Williams would say ..”How ya Doin” ?  I know you have some things going on too.  BTW, Wendy coming back Monday.  I want to see what she has to say after being out since before Christmas.  If it wasn’t for Turner Classic and Reality shows, I’d be in the asylum, haha.

Heaven help me i am so into British cop shows and film noir that I'm driving my friends crazy. 

I am with you on the complaining. We just go on. Sending you a hug. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
19 minutes ago, Reality police said:

Heaven help me i am so into British cop shows and film noir that I'm driving my friends crazy. 

I am with you on the complaining. We just go on. Sending you a hug. 

Hugs to u too and your babies.  What British cop shows?  On what channel?  We watch all those cop shows in the U.S.  in fact we were watching all last night.  All you see are drunks, pot, guns hidden, women driving around with kids in the car all hours.  Horrible.  The husband loves the police dogs when they go catch the criminals, ha.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

28 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

Hugs to u too and your babies.  What British cop shows?  On what channel?  We watch all those cop shows in the U.S.  in fact we were watching all last night.  All you see are drunks, pot, guns hidden, women driving around with kids in the car all hours.  Horrible.  The husband loves the police dogs when they go catch the criminals, ha.

Netflix- Hulu- Prime

Scott and Bailey, Midsomer murders, Dr Blake Mysteries, Happy Valley (love it), grantchester, death in paradise, city homicide, blue healers. McLeod's Daughters is a great nighttime soap type. 

I will leave you a pic of Craig McLaughlin from Dr Blake. He could read a phone book for me. Oh my!

Enjoy!

The-Doctor-Blake-Mysteries.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, Reality police said:

Netflix- Hulu- Prime

Scott and Bailey, Midsomer murders, Dr Blake Mysteries, Happy Valley (love it), grantchester, death in paradise, city homicide, blue healers. McLeod's Daughters is a great nighttime soap type. 

I will leave you a pic of Craig McLaughlin from Dr Blake. He could read a phone book for me. Oh my!

Enjoy!

The-Doctor-Blake-Mysteries.jpg

Oh Boy .. not too shabby, haha.  Netflix, Hulu & Prime.  No wonder I didn’t see these shows as I don’t have those three.  Guess I’ll have to start with Netflix.  I’m paying thru the nose for cable and they show the same damn movies every week.  If I see another Jennifer Lopez movie, I will scream.  She makes one every 2 months it seems.  You just can’t win.  Thanks for the info.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I got a "Black Friday" deal on Hulu for a year - 99 cents a month.  Am slowly working my way through some British, Australian & Canadian series - mostly crime stuff - and am loving it.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, walnutqueen said:

I got a "Black Friday" deal on Hulu for a year - 99 cents a month.  Am slowly working my way through some British, Australian & Canadian series - mostly crime stuff - and am loving it.

Got any favorites to recommend?

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Reality police said:

Got any favorites to recommend?

Prime Suspect, Chance, Harrow, Cardinal, Top of the Lake: China Girl ... I'm sure I'm forgetting some.  I have a lot of series on my watchlist, but when I finish them and there will be no more new seasons, I remove them.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, walnutqueen said:

I got a "Black Friday" deal on Hulu for a year - 99 cents a month.  Am slowly working my way through some British, Australian & Canadian series - mostly crime stuff - and am loving it.

What’s the difference between Netflix and Hulu?  I don’t care for sitcoms, but love movies, series, detective and black n white movies.

Share this post


Link to post

7 hours ago, walnutqueen said:

I got a "Black Friday" deal on Hulu for a year - 99 cents a month.  Am slowly working my way through some British, Australian & Canadian series - mostly crime stuff - and am loving it.

What’s the difference between Netflix and Hulu?  I don’t care for sitcoms, but love movies, series, detective and black n white movies.   You girls are so up to date with all these choices.  All I know is cable and a little bit of Netflix.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

What’s the difference between Netflix and Hulu?  I don’t care for sitcoms, but love movies, series, detective and black n white movies.   You girls are so up to date with all these choices.  All I know is cable and a little bit of Netflix.

Netflix has a good mix of movies, old and new, tv shows, old and new, some good original programming. I like hulu for catching up on current tv shows and some good Aussie tv. Packed to the Rafters is a good one. Hulu is growing and getting more variety. I am looking into Acorn and/or Britbox for my British appetite. 

I am fortunate that when i got sick my best friend bought me a firestick and added his hulu and Netflix for me. Love you Patrick! 

If you get a Firestick there are a lot of channels that come with it. I am finding stuff on IMDB channel that i love. Tubi is another good free one. 

Hope this is helpful. Any questions I will do my best to answer. I am learning every day. 

p.s. There are cats shows that the girls love to watch!😸😸

  • Like 5
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

Also, I read somewhere that while Netflix is raising the fee for their most popular package, Hulu has lowered theirs.

Edited by walnutqueen
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
21 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I loved Shetland, Broadchurch, Happy Valley, Luther, The Fall. I’m watching Wallander now. 

I loved Happy Valley! I am watching Scott and Bailey. Written and produced by the same woman as HV. It is great. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Reality police said:

I loved Happy Valley! I am watching Scott and Bailey. Written and produced by the same woman as HV. It is great. 

Happy Valley was amazing, right? Thank you for telling me about Scott and Bailey! I will watch that next. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

9 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Happy Valley was amazing, right? Thank you for telling me about Scott and Bailey! I will watch that next. 

James Norton stars in Grantchester as a Vicar. He is great.

8f5b8c95b8bcd70e5ac90662b2ada5e2.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
39 minutes ago, walnutqueen said:

I also liked Trapped, Hinterland, Killing Eve and Mary Kills People.

Oops, I forgot Hinterland. I enjoyed that also. Mary Kills People is a great name for a show!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, walnutqueen said:

Prime Suspect, Chance, Harrow, Cardinal, Top of the Lake: China Girl ... I'm sure I'm forgetting some.  I have a lot of series on my watchlist, but when I finish them and there will be no more new seasons, I remove them.

I liked Prime Suspect a lot, but I thought Helen Mirren’s acting was terrible. The storylines were fantastic, though. 

Top of the Lake was very good. Elisabeth Moss’s eyes are so expressive. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Reality police said:

Netflix has a good mix of movies, old and new, tv shows, old and new, some good original programming. I like hulu for catching up on current tv shows and some good Aussie tv. Packed to the Rafters is a good one. Hulu is growing and getting more variety. I am looking into Acorn and/or Britbox for my British appetite. 

I am fortunate that when i got sick my best friend bought me a firestick and added his hulu and Netflix for me. Love you Patrick! 

If you get a Firestick there are a lot of channels that come with it. I am finding stuff on IMDB channel that i love. Tubi is another good free one. 

Hope this is helpful. Any questions I will do my best to answer. I am learning every day. 

p.s. There are cats shows that the girls love to watch!😸😸

2 hours ago, Reality police said:

Netflix has a good mix of movies, old and new, tv shows, old and new, some good original programming. I like hulu for catching up on current tv shows and some good Aussie tv. Packed to the Rafters is a good one. Hulu is growing and getting more variety. I am looking into Acorn and/or Britbox for my British appetite. 

I am fortunate that when i got sick my best friend bought me a firestick and added his hulu and Netflix for me. Love you Patrick! 

If you get a Firestick there are a lot of channels that come with it. I am finding stuff on IMDB channel that i love. Tubi is another good free one. 

Hope this is helpful. Any questions I will do my best to answer. I am learning every day. 

p.s. There are cats shows that the girls love to watch!😸😸. 

2 hours ago, Reality police said:

Netflix has a good mix of movies, old and new, tv shows, old and new, some good original programming. I like hulu for catching up on current tv shows and some good Aussie tv. Packed to the Rafters is a good one. Hulu is growing and getting more variety. I am looking into Acorn and/or Britbox for my British appetite. 

I am fortunate that when i got sick my best friend bought me a firestick and added his hulu and Netflix for me. Love you Patrick! 

If you get a Firestick there are a lot of channels that come with it. I am finding stuff on IMDB channel that i love. Tubi is another good free one. 

Hope this is helpful. Any questions I will do my best to answer. I am learning every day. 

p.s. There are cats shows that the girls love to watch!😸😸

Thanks everyone for all the information.  Now I have to get one of my kids to come here and connect things for me.  My husband only knows how to turn the t.v. On or off, so the kids have to do it.  The problem is getting them here as they are busy with their lives and their kids.  Between the computer, I pad, I phone, I drive them nuts.  I hate all these new gadgets.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, walnutqueen said:

Hulu has lowered theirs.

They have!  We just got a notification last week that it was going down by $2.  How unusual is that?

There's a British series called Blue Murder that I watched recently.  I wasn't expecting a lot, but it stars Caroline Quentin, who I loved when she co-starred in Jonathan Creek (about a crime-solving magician) and also because she looks exactly like my longtime best friend, who I sadly don't see anymore.  It surprised me by being a lot better than I expected.

There are two seasons of Thorne, which is very good.  Waking the Dead is about 11 or 12 seasons, I think.  A bunch of old ones--Second Sight, Touching Evil.  Bodyguard was excellent.  Secret City is an Australian series that's having its second season sometime soon.  And Shetland is just about perfect.

I'm about to pop for BritBox, since it seems to have more of the things I'm interested in than Acorn, but we'll see.

If Scott & Bailey were on an endless loop on my TV, I'd be perfectly happy.

P.S.  If my house burned down and I had to go live with Reality Police, I think we'd be great roommates.  We definitely wouldn't argue about TV shows.  📺

Edited by Mondrianyone
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
52 minutes ago, Mondrianyone said:

They have!  We just got a notification last week that it was going down by $2.  How unusual is that?

There's a British series called Blue Murder that I watched recently.  I wasn't expecting a lot, but it stars Caroline Quentin, who I loved when she co-starred in Jonathan Creek (about a crime-solving magician) and also because she looks exactly like my longtime best friend, who I sadly don't see anymore.  It surprised me by being a lot better than I expected.

There are two seasons of Thorne, which is very good.  Waking the Dead is about 11 or 12 seasons, I think.  A bunch of old ones--Second Sight, Touching Evil.  Bodyguard was excellent.  Secret City is an Australian series that's having its second season sometime soon.  And Shetland is just about perfect.

I'm about to pop for BritBox, since it seems to have more of the things I'm interested in than Acorn, but we'll see.

If Scott & Bailey were on an endless loop on my TV, I'd be perfectly happy.

P.S.  If my house burned down and I had to go live with Reality Police, I think we'd be great roommates.  We definitely wouldn't argue about TV shows.  📺

We have an extra bedroom if you can put up with the fur princesses. We could binge our hearts out!

Don't know your age but I couldn't resist this pic. No offense intended. 

th (25).jpeg

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Reality police said:

We have an extra bedroom if you can put up with the fur princesses. We could binge our hearts out!

Don't know your age but I couldn't resist this pic. No offense intended. 

th (25).jpeg

Heh.  I loved those 3 ladies, and that show!

  • Like 5
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size