Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Lisin

Small Talk: The Regency Bar

Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

At the top of this screen, hover your cursor over the "Follows" tab, then click on "TV Show Index".  (I'm on a Win10 laptop - dunno if these things appear the same on a mobile platform).

Thanks to you I was able to alphabetized the TV shows using the "Follows" tab and I was thrilled to see it worked.  However, I couldn't find a way to save that format.   It appears that it's only intended to use for finding and "following" specific shows.   Clicking on one of the alphabetized TV shows doesn't link to that forum so it's useless.

i don't understand why the various "other" alphabetic categories were created if the final format is "genre."  

Edited by AnnA
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

26 minutes ago, AnnA said:

Thanks to you I was able to alphabetized the TV shows using the "Follows" tab and I was thrilled to see it worked.  However, I couldn't find a way to save that format.   It appears that it's only intended to use for finding and "following" specific shows.   Clicking on one of the alphabetized TV shows doesn't link to that forum so it's useless.

i don't understand why the various "other" alphabetic categories were created if the final format is "genre."  

Yeah, I'm not all that well versed on the navigation of this site, I probably only utilize 20% of its capabilities, lol.  Any question you have could probably be addressed in that ^above-listed Bugs etc. thread.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Yeah, I'm not all that well versed on the navigation of this site, I probably only utilize 20% of its capabilities, lol.  Any question you have could probably be addressed in that ^above-listed Bugs etc. thread.

Thanks.   I just left a message there.   I read through some of the posts and was glad to see that others share my issues.   It seems people hate the genre categories and the placement of the ads.    I don't know if I'll be able to change the width of my screen but I know I can block the ads.    If PTV doesn't fix the screen width issue, I'll just block all their ads.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, AnnA said:

Thanks.   I just left a message there.   I read through some of the posts and was glad to see that others share my issues.   It seems people hate the genre categories and the placement of the ads.    I don't know if I'll be able to change the width of my screen but I know I can block the ads.    If PTV doesn't fix the screen width issue, I'll just block all their ads.

Either I was dreaming, or they did a sort of poll question on whether people wanted TV shows separated alphabetically or by genre.  I voted for alpha.  I get the impression that there are some real television mavens on this site, perhaps folks in the industry or something, and they must have swayed the vote.

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Either I was dreaming, or they did a sort of poll question on whether people wanted TV shows separated alphabetically or by genre.  I voted for alpha.  I get the impression that there are some real television mavens on this site, perhaps folks in the industry or something, and they must have swayed the vote.

You weren't dreaming.    I saw that poll and I voted for an alpha list too.   I'm sure I'll get used to the changes after a while but I hate them.  The sight isn't welcoming anymore.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Thanks @LucindaWalsh

Bummer about that ugly yellow.  

I got a response from a mod to my post in PTV's "Tour Questions" thread. Apparently the list of forums cannot be displayed alphabetically and I cannot change the width of the Photon browser on my iPad to move the ads.

I'll probably install an Ad blocker so the ads aren't such a distraction whenever I'm reading a thread.   

If I'm understanding your post I think I could create a custom homepage  with forums I "follow" listed alphabetically.   I never did that because I like browsing through the list of forums and often find myself reading about a show I haven't watched.   When I have the time I've spent too many hours doing that and if I create a list of the shows I watch, I'll be spending a lot less time here.    That's too bad. I enjoyed poking around and having the ads in between posts didn't bother me at all but I really, really, really hate my squished screen with the ads on the side.  

ETA:  in another life I worked with the Invision software they use here and I'd be shocked if this version didn't offer the the options to alphabetize and move the ads. 

Edited by AnnA
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

3 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

Someone posted this over on Reddit. Andy Cohen on Hot Ones.

For those who haven't seen it's celebs being interviewed while eating hot wings that get increasingly hotter. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R042gl-sri0&feature=youtu.be

I watched the entire vid only because I wanted to see AC suffer.  He was predictably ~meh~.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 2/9/2019 at 5:45 PM, AnnA said:

Is there a thread for discussing this new forum setup?   I was just getting used to the alphabetical groupings of "Other XYZ" shows and it's gone.    

Is there an option to return to an alphabetical listing? And how do I get the forums to show up the full width of my iPad screen?   The iPad is small enough without having 1/3 of its width devoted to ads. 

Can I change the ugly yellow highlighting the TV show/forum names to a more pleasing color?

Hi AnnA, I am not liking this new forum since it began.  The other way was fine.  I hate changes when things are working fine and you’re used to them.  Now I’m confused with the quotes and those blue “thingies” as you would say.  No like change.  Now I’m learning my new I phone which is another pain in the ass, and Alexa.  Too much and too confusing.

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

I'm still greatly disliking this new forum set up.  Every time I'm like where do I find my forums?  And then the index only lets you add the forum to your forum list. 

And when you go to forum home, what genre does my show fall under????

It's just so cumbersome.  A lot of times I just go to google search because the search is already there and I just have to type three letters.  Two clicks total.

The only thing I can say that I like about the new format is the emojis.  I can laugh and feel sad too.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
31 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

I'm still greatly disliking this new forum set up.  Every time I'm like where do I find my forums?  And then the index only lets you add the forum to your forum list. 

And when you go to forum home, what genre does my show fall under????

It's just so cumbersome.  A lot of times I just go to google search because the search is already there and I just have to type three letters.  Two clicks total.

The only thing I can say that I like about the new format is the emojis.  I can laugh and feel sad too.

I hate that when I quote, it takes me to the top of the page (I am on a phone), so I have to scroll down to start typing. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Seems to me this new format is designed to stop people from posting.   Just saying. 

By the time you find where you want to read/post you don’t want to read/post.  Or just think why bother. 

I keep thinking it’s just me and to just keep trying but ..... 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Bringing topic over from the Carole thread re: Lee's NYT Obit.

This Robert D. McFadden guy was much kinder in his recent obituary for Julie Adams, Seized by Creature in ‘Black Lagoon,’ Dies at 92.

What a cruel joke.

Edited by Happy Camper
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

Hi AnnA, I am not liking this new forum since it began.  The other way was fine.  I hate changes when things are working fine and you’re used to them.  Now I’m confused with the quotes and those blue “thingies” as you would say.  No like change.  Now I’m learning my new I phone which is another pain in the ass, and Alexa.  Too much and too confusing.

12 hours ago, breezy424 said:

I'm still greatly disliking this new forum set up.  Every time I'm like where do I find my forums?  And then the index only lets you add the forum to your forum list. 

And when you go to forum home, what genre does my show fall under????

It's just so cumbersome.  A lot of times I just go to google search because the search is already there and I just have to type three letters.  Two clicks total.

The only thing I can say that I like about the new format is the emojis.  I can laugh and feel sad too.

11 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I hate that when I quote, it takes me to the top of the page (I am on a phone), so I have to scroll down to start typing. 

6 hours ago, Ellee said:

Seems to me this new format is designed to stop people from posting.   Just saying. 

By the time you find where you want to read/post you don’t want to read/post.  Or just think why bother. 

I keep thinking it’s just me and to just keep trying but ..... 

I agree with all of you.   The new format is awful and I'm not liking it at all.  In fact,  I cringe every time I logon because of it.  

Sorting the forums by genre was IMHO a mistake.   And who thought having a category named "genre television" within the listing by genre was a good idea?   

@Ellee. While the  new format has stopped me from posting as much the placement of the ads on the right side of the screen is the worst.   It results in clicking on them by accident.   I think that was the goal so I'll have to install an ad blocker. 

Edited by AnnA
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

Seriously, thank you all for mentioning here how much this new forum blows. It’s far less user-friendly and is a pain to navigate—-it’s a true labor of love trying to sift through all these other goofyassed categories just to dig into regularly visited forums. Dunno why exactly they had to switch everything so much, although I think it’s because their former web design/agreement was due to expire??

HATE that we no longer are able to have our fave shows all on our own designed forum page. Some show forums don’t even exist anymore, which I *get*, but still, would’ve been nice to at least have that option up for shows that are actually still airing and therefore up for current discussion. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
19 minutes ago, Sun-Bun said:

Seriously, thank you all for mentioning here how much this new forum blows. It’s far less user-friendly and is a pain to navigate—-it’s a true labor of love trying to sift through all these other goofyassed categories just to dig into regularly visited forums. Dunno why exactly they had to switch everything so much, although I think it’s because their former web design/agreement was due to expire??

HATE that we no longer are able to have our fave shows all on our own designed forum page. Some show forums don’t even exist anymore, which I *get*, but still, would’ve been nice to at least have that option up for shows that are actually still airing and therefore up for current discussion. 

I hope you all will express your opinions/issues to TPTB. At the bottom of the Home page there is an Other category with a forum for Bugs, etc.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Hi everyone,

1) there absolutely is still a Customized Home Page that does exactly what it did before so if you don't like the view of the sorted by genre shows may I suggest using that and "following" the forums you regularly visit so that they show up on your personal homepage? It really does make life much easier. If you need instructions on how to do that let me know (or follow the Tour), and for the record, your "old" customized home page is still there, you just have to click on the "my homepage" tab at the top of the home screen, it will have every forum you had on your CHP before the relaunch, the only things gone from that would be shows that were collapsed to single topics, and for those if you go to them here and follow them it will automatically add them to your new "my homepage" so that the next time you log in they're right there for you.

2) One of the (many) reasons behind the change was we were running on software old enough that there would no longer be support so there was no choice, no one decided "lets do this to piss people off"  

3) this is a free forum for everyone (yes even those of you who ad block it...) to enjoy, 99% of the people who work here do so voluntarily so please keep that in mind.

Finally, yes some (very few really) forums were completely deleted but that was due to almost no posting at all, and as has been said by the site admin in plenty of places, you are free to start forums for shows that don't have them as long as you do so in the correct location.  

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

2 hours ago, Sun-Bun said:

HATE that we no longer are able to have our fave shows all on our own designed forum page. Some show forums don’t even exist anymore, which I *get*, but still, would’ve been nice to at least have that option up for shows that are actually still airing and therefore up for current discussion. 

Hey, Sun-Bun, have you tried using the Manage Forum Follows function? 

That's the solution I found for myself -- not sure it will help much if you' re on a phone, but if you're on a computer screen of any kind, I've found that using it makes reading/posting pretty easy.

Click on "Forums" on the PTV webpage. 

On the upper left hand side of that page, under the Previously TV banner,  you'll see:  Browse Streams Follows Search.

Mouse over Follows. 

Click on the option that comes up reading: Manage Forum Follows.

That takes you to a page of all the forums you're following.  A simple, straight-forward list, no bells and whistles.  (You can also do this by topic as well.) 

And if you open the link to your forum page using the "open link in new page" function (a new window opening up to read RHoNY, say)  then that master list remains open in a screen as you browse the forum you're reading. 

So when you're done reading RHoNY, you just X out of the RHoNY page completely, and go back to the master list. Click open a new window, read, etc.

It sounds laborious, but it's actually super fast and easy. Two clicks whenever I visit, and I'm ready to read any forum I'm following.

Edited by film noire
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
47 minutes ago, film noire said:

Hey, Sun-Bun, have you tried using the Manage Forum Follows function? 

That's the solution I found for myself -- not sure it will help much if you' re on a phone, but if you're on a computer screen of any kind, I've found that using it makes reading/posting pretty easy.

Click on "Forums" on the PTV webpage. 

On the upper left hand side of that page, under the Previously TV banner,  you'll see:  Browse Streams Follows Search.

Mouse over Follows. 

Click on the option that comes up reading: Manage Forum Follows.

That takes you to a page of all the forums you're following.  A simple, straight-forward list, no bells and whistles.  (You can also do this by topic as well.) 

And if you open the link to your forum page using the "open link in new page" function (a new window opening up to read RHoNY, say)  then that master list remains open in a screen as you browse the forum you're reading. 

So when you're done reading RHoNY, you just X out of the RHoNY page completely, and go back to the master list. Click open a new window, read, etc.

It sounds laborious, but it's actually super fast and easy. Two clicks whenever I visit, and I'm ready to read any forum I'm following.

3 hours ago, Sun-Bun said:

Seriously, thank you all for mentioning here how much this new forum blows. It’s far less user-friendly and is a pain to navigate—-it’s a true labor of love trying to sift through all these other goofyassed categories just to dig into regularly visited forums. Dunno why exactly they had to switch everything so much, although I think it’s because their former web design/agreement was due to expire??

HATE that we no longer are able to have our fave shows all on our own designed forum page. Some show forums don’t even exist anymore, which I *get*, but still, would’ve been nice to at least have that option up for shows that are actually still airing and therefore up for current discussion. 

Just want to reiterate, if you are following a forum it shows up on your "My Homepage" tab which is the simplest solution to this issue 🙂

So, you get this:

1968897601_MyHomepage.thumb.jpg.274cedc5d9ea2ee4969a083021cae799.jpg

vs. what you currently see and don't love which is this:

1675947808_PTVHomepage.thumb.jpg.9c892782ed72cb48b4e5eb6dba5ef0ad.jpg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Lisin said:

Hi everyone,

1) there absolutely is still a Customized Home Page that does exactly what it did before so if you don't like the view of the sorted by genre shows may I suggest using that and "following" the forums you regularly visit so that they show up on your personal homepage? It really does make life much easier. If you need instructions on how to do that let me know (or follow the Tour), and for the record, your "old" customized home page is still there, you just have to click on the "my homepage" tab at the top of the home screen, it will have every forum you had on your CHP before the relaunch, the only things gone from that would be shows that were collapsed to single topics, and for those if you go to them here and follow them it will automatically add them to your new "my homepage" so that the next time you log in they're right there for you.

2) One of the (many) reasons behind the change was we were running on software old enough that there would no longer be support so there was no choice, no one decided "lets do this to piss people off"  

3) this is a free forum for everyone (yes even those of you who ad block it...) to enjoy, 99% of the people who work here do so voluntarily so please keep that in mind.

Finally, yes some (very few really) forums were completely deleted but that was due to almost no posting at all, and as has been said by the site admin in plenty of places, you are free to start forums for shows that don't have them as long as you do so in the correct location.  

I for one like the redo, and haven't had any issues so far following my content.  I can only imagine the complexity of the undertaking, and appreciate that most of you do it voluntarily.  As they say, no good deed goes unpunished, lol.  🍀

  • Like 6
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, AnnA said:

I agree with all of you.   The new format is awful and I'm not liking it at all.  In fact,  I cringe every time I logon because of it.  

Sorting the forums by genre was IMHO a mistake.   And who thought having a category named "genre television" within the listing by genre was a good idea?   

@Ellee. While the  new format has stopped me from posting as much the placement of the ads on the right side of the screen is the worst.   It results in clicking on them by accident.   I think that was the goal so I'll have to install an ad blocker. 

Ha .. “ad blocker” .. another thing to learn!  Never ends.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
49 minutes ago, Lisin said:

Just want to reiterate, if you are following a forum it shows up on your "My Homepage" tab which is the simplest solution to this issue 🙂

I know it is,  but (for me) the homepage layout is too visually cluttered and "chunky" -- the manage forum  is streamlined and easy on the eye  - just a thang with me, Lisin ; )

Edited by film noire
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Thanks @Lisin for the tutorial on creating a custom home page.   I did it and it helps a lot.  However, now that I have an alphabetized CHP, I won't be poking around the full PTV offerings and that can't be ideal for those at PTV who want us to see all those #%€& ads.   

If it helps, I sincerely doubt anyone of us thought the redo was done just to piss us off.   I am well aware of the "planned obsolescence" rule in technology.  That said,  I'm sure an alphabetized list was an option and not using it just made the transition more difficult for end users. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

7 minutes ago, film noire said:

I know it is,  but (for me) the homepage layout is too visually cluttered and "chunky" -- the manage forum  is streamlined and easy on the eye.

Speaking of "easy on the eye" is there any way to change that tacky yellow/gold highlighting on the main page to something that's not blinding?

ETA:   What is manage forum?

Edited by AnnA
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, AnnA said:

Speaking of "easy on the eye" is there any way to change that tacky yellow/gold highlighting on the main page to something that's not blinding?

I think it's temporary, AnnA (I read that in one forum or another.)

Re: ad blocking.  I use Adblock Plus, and I realized (just today) that I can turn it off (after I'm done actually reading the site) and load a bunch of pages with ads, to throw ad views to PTV.  Then turn it back on for next visit ; )

@AnnA

eta: Manage Forum Follows - it's in my post to Sun-Bun, a few posts up:

Edited by film noire
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Thanks @film noire.    I wasn't following any forums until today so now I can give it a try.     I liked seeing all the forums listed alphabetically and poked around reading some about shows that I hadn't watched.   Using a CHP saves me from the Genre nightmare.   It's also bad for PTV because I won't be browsing like I used to do.   Less browsing = less ad views.  I think the ads are on the side now because that makes it easy to click on them by accident when scrolling a page.  

Edited by AnnA
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

@AnnA, SilverStormm the forum admin posts a list of "recently added shows" in this topic fairly regularly if you'd like to look at those. 

The ads are on the right due to the width of your screen, if you make your browser window smaller they fall into the "between posts" position. I have them on the right and I hardly notice them. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Thanks  @lisiin

I use my iPad almost exclusively these days and haven't yet found a way to change the width of the two browsers I have installed.    If anyone knows how to change the display width on Safari or Photon, please post it.  

ETA:   I'd much rather have the ads inserted between posts than on the side taking up  a third of my screen width.   I'm right handed which sometimes causes me to click on an ad by accident when I'm scrolling a page and I really, really hate that. 

Edited by AnnA
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, AnnA said:

Thanks  @lisiin

I use my iPad almost exclusively these days and haven't yet found a way to change the width of the two browsers I have installed.    If anyone knows how to change the display width on Safari or Photon, please post it.  

ETA:   I'd much rather have the ads inserted between posts than on the side taking up  a third of my screen width.   I'm right handed which sometimes causes me to click on an ad by accident when I'm scrolling a page and I really, really hate that. 

Same here

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

OMG .. I am on one of my blogs.  I have NEVER seen so many pop ups on my screen since the change of the forum.  They are all over my screen and are horribly annoying.  They are in the middle, the right side, all over.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Gem 10 said:

I could almost swear I saw Adam (Carole’s Ex on a pretty Long dental commercial today on t.v.

I bet I know the one you mean; it's an ad for Invisalign or something like that...his parents spent the big bucks when he was younger, but he needed more work or something, yadda yadda yadda...anyway, he looks a lot like Adam, but I don't think its him. (If we're talking about the same ad).

Edit - I'm thinking of this guy for Smile Direct

smile direct.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I bet I know the one you mean; it's an ad for Invisalign or something like that...his parents spent the big bucks when he was younger, but he needed more work or something, yadda yadda yadda...anyway, he looks a lot like Adam, but I don't think its him. (If we're talking about the same ad).

Edit - I'm thinking of this guy for Smile Direct

smile direct.jpg

Yes, you are right.  It’s called “Smile Direct Club”, hahaha.  This guy was a bit cuter tho I think.  Wonder if Carole is still having coffee with him.  I’ll bet yes. Lol.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 2/18/2019 at 5:52 PM, AnnA said:

Thanks  @lisiin

I use my iPad almost exclusively these days and haven't yet found a way to change the width of the two browsers I have installed.    If anyone knows how to change the display width on Safari or Photon, please post it.  

ETA:   I'd much rather have the ads inserted between posts than on the side taking up  a third of my screen width.   I'm right handed which sometimes causes me to click on an ad by accident when I'm scrolling a page and I really, really hate that. 

I’m on Safari too and will ask my Grandson when he comes over.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 2/17/2019 at 11:23 PM, breezy424 said:

I'm still greatly disliking this new forum set up.  Every time I'm like where do I find my forums?  And then the index only lets you add the forum to your forum list. 

And when you go to forum home, what genre does my show fall under????

It's just so cumbersome.  A lot of times I just go to google search because the search is already there and I just have to type three letters.  Two clicks total.

The only thing I can say that I like about the new format is the emojis.  I can laugh and feel sad too.

When I want to go on a show, I go to the top of my screen where the bell is and go on “notifications” and find an answer to one of my posts from the show I am looking for and click on that.  I know it’s stupid, but it works for me.  I just don’t like the new way at all.  Eventually, I’ll have to learn but not now.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

3 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

When I want to go on a show, I go to the top of my screen where the bell is and go on “notifications” and find an answer to one of my posts from the show I am looking for and click on that.  I know it’s stupid, but it works for me.  I just don’t like the new way at all.  Eventually, I’ll have to learn but not now.

I do that sometimes too!

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 2/18/2019 at 5:52 PM, AnnA said:

Thanks  @lisiin

I use my iPad almost exclusively these days and haven't yet found a way to change the width of the two browsers I have installed.    If anyone knows how to change the display width on Safari or Photon, please post it.  

ETA:   I'd much rather have the ads inserted between posts than on the side taking up  a third of my screen width.   I'm right handed which sometimes causes me to click on an ad by accident when I'm scrolling a page and I really, really hate that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Gem 10 said:
On 2/18/2019 at 5:52 PM, AnnA said:

Thanks  @lisiin

I use my iPad almost exclusively these days and haven't yet found a way to change the width of the two browsers I have installed.    If anyone knows how to change the display width on Safari or Photon, please post it.  

ETA:   I'd much rather have the ads inserted between posts than on the side taking up  a third of my screen width.   I'm right handed which sometimes causes me to click on an ad by accident when I'm scrolling a page and I really, really hate that. 

Read more  

This is a stretch, but maybe someone on U-Tube shows how that is done, or even if you use Ask.com.  I have used both for info on my I phone, or anything for that matter.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Gem 10 said:

This is a stretch, but maybe someone on U-Tube shows how that is done, or even if you use Ask.com.  I have used both for info on my I phone, or anything for that matter.

I tried Google but didn't find the answer.    I'll keep trying and if I can't move the ads off the side, I'll just have to install an ad blocker.  I hate them taking up a third of my screen width.    I think that's the best solution.   Why would I want to make my screen width smaller than the ads already made it?  That's a bad idea. It's too small now.

Edited by AnnA
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
53 minutes ago, AnnA said:

I tried Google but didn't find the answer.    I'll keep trying and if I can't move the ads off the side, I'll just have to install an ad blocker.  I hate them taking up a third of my screen width.    I think that's the best solution.   Why would I want to make my screen width smaller than the ads already made it?  That's a bad idea. It's too small now.

Look to your e-mail now.

Share this post


Link to post
20 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

Look to your e-mail now.

Thank you.  I'll look into it right after I deal with my current crisis.    I have a 16 year old cat who isn't doing well.   I planned to take her to the vet today after work but I can't find her.   She's curled up somewhere and I'm hoping she comes out soon. If not I have to get someone in here tomorrow to help me move my sofas and desk. 

Edited by AnnA
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, AnnA said:

Thank you.  I'll look into it right after I deal with my current crisis.    I have a 16 year old cat who isn't doing well.   I planned to take her to the vet today after work but I can't find her.   She's curled up somewhere and I'm hoping she comes out soon. If not I have to get someone in here tomorrow to help me move my sofas and desk. 

I hope you can locate her soon, and that she’s feeling better soon. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, AnnA said:

Thank you.  I'll look into it right after I deal with my current crisis.    I have a 16 year old cat who isn't doing well.   I planned to take her to the vet today after work but I can't find her.  

Sorry she's unwell, Anna -- good thoughts coming your way for her health.

A smart poster on another site I visit suggested using the zoom function to change the browser size. If you zoom to 175 or so,  the side of the page/screen where the ads are will no longer be in your field of vision. (It also increases letter size, and makes the yellow arrow bigger, so there's a trade-off ; )

Edited by film noire
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, AnnA said:

Thank you.  I'll look into it right after I deal with my current crisis.    I have a 16 year old cat who isn't doing well.   I planned to take her to the vet today after work but I can't find her.   She's curled up somewhere and I'm hoping she comes out soon. If not I have to get someone in here tomorrow to help me move my sofas and desk. 

Sending my best wishes to you and your cat, AnnA.  I hope you find her quickly, and the vet finds nothing more than a very minor issue that's easily resolved.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I hope you can locate her soon, and that she’s feeling better soon. 

10 hours ago, film noire said:

Sorry she's unwell, Anna -- good thoughts coming your way for her health.

A smart poster on another site I visit suggested using the zoom function to change the browser size. If you zoom to 175 or so,  the side of the page/screen where the ads are will no longer be in your field of vision. (It also increases letter size, and makes the yellow arrow bigger, so there's a trade-off ; )

1 hour ago, walnutqueen said:

Sending my best wishes to you and your cat, AnnA.  I hope you find her quickly, and the vet finds nothing more than a very minor issue that's easily resolved.

Thank you all for the kind words.  I found her last night.   Sadly, my Bella had passed in her sleep behind my desk. 💔   That was her favorite spot to hide when she was a kitten.   She hadn't gone back there in years but it's fitting that she chose it at the end.  💔

Edited by AnnA
  • Sad 18

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, AnnA said:

Thank you all for the kind words.  I found her last night.   Sadly, my Bella had passed in her sleep behind my desk. 💔   That was her favorite spot to hide when she was a kitten.   She hadn't gone back there in years but it's fitting that she chose it at the end.  💔

Anna, 

I’m so sorry for your loss. I lost two cats when they were 17, that was 6 years ago and I still miss them. When I think of the, I smile and feel like they are right next to me.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, AnnA said:

Thank you all for the kind words.  I found her last night.   Sadly, my Bella had passed in her sleep behind my desk. 💔   That was her favorite spot to hide when she was a kitten.   She hadn't gone back there in years but it's fitting that she chose it at the end.  💔

Oh, AnnA, I am so very sorry for your loss.  Please accept my condolences - mere words cannot express my sincere sorrow for you and your Bella.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Hugs to you @AnnA.  Many or most of us share your pain, and are giving you hugs in our minds.  

My wish is for your pain to be brief, and for the lovely memories to fill your head and your heart. 🐈 🐾 💕

Play hard sweet Bella~

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size