Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Regency Bar

• Start Topic

Thanks to those who chimed in with tips for the bridal shower attire.  It turned out fine.  It's a good thing that I did opt for the dressiest pant outfit that I had.  MOST everyone there wore dresses and pretty glamorous dresses at that. I've never seen that before.  I'm not complaining. My outfit fit in fine.   Hey, I love seeing young ladies in their very best. lol  NO jeans or causal attire at all.  NOW, I have to rethink my wedding attire plans.  I'm not sure how my niece has gotten into this clique,,.......she's always been very down to earth jeans/cowgirl boots kind of person.  lol  

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, Ellee said:

@SunnyBeBe 

I’m glad it worked out but really surprised that all were in dresses.

Further proof I guess that I’m out of touch with the real world. ☺️ 

Well, I attend a fair amount of events and I was surprised too.  Maybe, these ladies were planning on going out to a more formal event AFTER the bridal shower.  Most of the time when I attend an event, I'm the most dressed up person there.  lol  But, this worked out fine.  She (the couple) got some lovely gifts and she seemed to love what I got her.  

• Love 5
On 6/10/2019 at 8:52 AM, Ellee said:

@SunnyBeBe 

I’m glad it worked out but really surprised that all were in dresses.

Further proof I guess that I’m out of touch with the real world. ☺️ 

I am drooling over all the beautiful dresses that girls and women are wearing these days.  My daughters AND granddaughter look simply gorgeous in the flowery, frilly dresses they are making now.  The shoes are to die for.  I wish I was young again.  Damn.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Gem 10 said:

Hey @Walnut and @Reality.    How you doin?  It’s been awhile, and just checking in to see how’s everything.  Xoxo  Gem 10

I still have a pulse, so I must be OK.  I'm wading through all the posts about last night's shitshow episode - by the time I finish, I'll have forgotten all the clever things I had to say about it!

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
On 4/11/2019 at 3:22 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

Thank you all for your kind words.  Man, life is so precious. We are certainly missing an angel now.  I do have faith that I will see him again one day.  I am a little concerned that I'm going to sob through it though.  I'm NOT a very outwardly emotional person, but, with this.........omg.  It's hit me hard.  One of those things that I'm just going to try to get through it. 

I will take the suggestions into consideration.  Maybe try them and see what feels best. No one will probably notice, but, you know.  

Just a little update to the loss of my dear friend.  I recently sent his mother a card along with some photos of he and I together. She was touched and called me.  We are planning on having lunch very soon.  She sounded like she's really missing her boy.  Me too. 

• Love 6
13 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Just a little update to the loss of my dear friend.  I recently sent his mother a card along with some photos of he and I together. She was touched and called me.  We are planning on having lunch very soon.  She sounded like she's really missing her boy.  Me too. 

That is lovely!  I recently had a somewhat similar experience, but not.  Long story short, I ran into my first love / HS boyfriends mom at Christmas Eve Mass this past year.  I had not seen her in 20 years but she is friends still with my mom and I am on FB with her.  I cannot even tell you, it was like another world experience.  We were walking back from taking the Eucharist and I saw her sitting there.  I literally ran to her and said “OMG IT’S (her name)!  It took her a minute and she started crying.  

TL / DR.  Life is too short.  Find the people you need to find.  Love is all around us!!!

• Love 3

Trying to find the white rhinestone knit hat Tinsley was wearing at ending party in finale...I HAVE to have it!  lol.  Google is not helping and RHONY is not on that wore on tv site....TIA

• Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, Cupcake04 said:

Trying to find the white rhinestone knit hat Tinsley was wearing at ending party in finale...I HAVE to have it!  lol.  Google is not helping and RHONY is not on that wore on tv site....TIA

According to DO-RA-(mi-fa)-SO, Scott probably bought it for her.  ‘They’ have an arrangement you know. 😄

Lol, this was lame but it might work if we get two more housewives that can be mi-fa. 😏

ETA:  Lol, in continuing with my lameness, ''mi' could actually be 'BetheME" as some call her.  Need to figure out who 'fa' would be.  If we continue 'la' possibly LuLu and 'ti' for Tinsley. 

How pathetic am I?????

Edited by Ellee
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 6/29/2019 at 10:12 AM, Cupcake04 said:

Well, it was filmed before Christmas 2018.  Think of all the expensive stores in N.Y.C.  Maybe Dorinda would know as she knows everything.  If not, maybe John the cleaner would know.  I loved it too.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, itsadryheat said:

What happened to Melbourne? I loved/love it. Anybody know where to watch?

2 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

I wish I knew, I love it also. I know there has been at least one season that hasn’t aired in the US

IDK about the season that never aired on Bravo, but I heard a substantial rumor that Melbourne is returning for another season.

• Love 1

so - that luann tumble into the bushes?  i kinda sorta did that to myself stone cold sober - with consequences.

long story longer: my side yard is meant to deter wannabe trespassers/marauders with many soda cans hidden underneath overgrown jasmine & honeysuckle vines.  for the first time, my awesome kitty escaped out my back door as I was feeding Mama raccoon the other night (she was thoroughly unimpressed with the reunion, as was i), and he ran to said side yard.  i was in hot pursuit, and was hoisted on my own petard, taking a specfuckingtacular tumble.  My cat returned to my side with alarmed concern; then I felt a paw tentatively touching my head - yeah, that was Mama raccoon making sure I was still alive.

next day I found out i have a broken wrist (left, luckily) cracked kneecap, and some nasty wounds on the other other leg.  nurse wrapped my temporary splint so tight my fingers were turning blue, so I had to rewrap it myself.  oh, and thanks to the goddamned opiod crisis, all i have for pain relief is Tramadol, which does less than baby aspirin for me.  so i am icing everything. and typing one-handed; pardon the non-capitalization. allegedly, i am supposed to see an orthopedic surgeon, if my cheapo hmo ever gets their shit together.

fuck me!!!   it ain't easy opening cans of cat food one-handed ...   good thing my kitty stands still for his insulin shots, even without the neck pinch!   :~)

[/whiney rant]

• Love 1

Laughter really is the best medicine but I find that a good healthy string of expletives can relieve my stress at times.   😁

It’s embarrassing though when someone catches you! ☺️

• Love 5
20 minutes ago, Ellee said:

Laughter really is the best medicine but I find that a good healthy string of expletives can relieve my stress at times.   😁

It’s embarrassing though when someone catches you! ☺️

i take great pride in having a repertoire of cusswords that would make Trixie the Whore (Deadwood) blush.  Don't care who fucking hears me, either.  Houses on either side of me are currently unoccupied (yikes - i will have new neighbors for the first time since 1988!!!), and my steadfast neighbors across the street keep their windows closed  (keeping in the  AC, not keeping out my inadvertent vulgarity).  they drop f-bombs when the kiddos are out of earshot, so it's all good.

22 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Sorry that happened @walnutqueen.  Don't take stuff too lightly now, take care of yourself.  

ICE, ICE, ICE, baby!!!  Better than drugs.  ;~)

• Love 5
6 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

@walnutqueen Feel Better. You know I love you and want you well, as do all your critters. 

Dang iPad isn’t working good. Had to try three times to get this written. 

Must be all the lightning. 

don't get electrocuted, 'kay?

'cause i love you, too.

• Love 4

Oh man @walnutqueen! That's a helluva bang up you did. I hope you have something to take the edge off cuz that's some damage! 

@Mindthinkr WTF with this crazy weather? We are getting hammered on the regular here too. 

Last time I sober fell I was on crutches. Being Italian I let go of my crutch and injured the other fuckin ankle! That should have stopped the talking with my hands. 

My husband and one of our friends were standing in a creek while we were camping. I opened my tent and watched them talk, hands flying everywhere. They woke me up so I went over with some rope threatening to tie their hands together so they would be unable to speak. They are still mad about it! 

• LOL 5
16 minutes ago, FairyDusted said:

Oh man @walnutqueen! That's a helluva bang up you did. I hope you have something to take the edge off cuz that's some damage! 

@Mindthinkr WTF with this crazy weather? We are getting hammered on the regular here too. 

Last time I sober fell I was on crutches. Being Italian I let go of my crutch and injured the other fuckin ankle! That should have stopped the talking with my hands. 

My husband and one of our friends were standing in a creek while we were camping. I opened my tent and watched them talk, hands flying everywhere. They woke me up so I went over with some rope threatening to tie their hands together so they would be unable to speak. They are still mad about it! 

That reminds me of a Steven Wright joke: Does an Italian with no hands have a speech impediment?

• LOL 8
(edited)

@walnutqueen     Sorry to hear about your fall.  Please take care of yourself so you can heal properly.   If there's anything we can do to entertain you please let us know. 

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 3
20 hours ago, AnnA said:

@walnutqueen     Sorry to hear about your fall.  Please take care of yourself so you can heal properly.   If there's anything we can do to entertain you please let us know. 

reading all your posts is about as much entertainment as i can handle.  now please laugh with me as i regale you with the utter ridiculosity that this little episode has entailed:

so, my left kneecap is totally f'ed, my right shin is bruised and skinned all to shit, my left arm is in a cast, and my right shoulder is frozen from a previous problem.  can't reach anything, including my head to wash my hair.  it is going to be an interesting few weeks.  how in the hell did drunken  Luann and Sonja escape their falls unscathed???  so unfair!

is this where i can say "fuck my life"?  ;~)

• Love 2
1 hour ago, walnutqueen said:

reading all your posts is about as much entertainment as i can handle.  now please laugh with me as i regale you with the utter ridiculosity that this little episode has entailed:

so, my left kneecap is totally f'ed, my right shin is bruised and skinned all to shit, my left arm is in a cast, and my right shoulder is frozen from a previous problem.  can't reach anything, including my head to wash my hair.  it is going to be an interesting few weeks.  how in the hell did drunken  Luann and Sonja escape their falls unscathed???  so unfair!

Oh Geeze Walnut.  Wrist, kneecap and shoulder.  How are you navigating?  I don’t know your situation, but is there someone to stay with you? You need major help.  I’m sure we all feel helpless.  If only we could help. 😢 xoxo Gem 10   I cant even open a jar with two hands.

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

Oh Geeze Walnut.  Wrist, kneecap and shoulder.  How are you navigating?  I don’t know your situation, but is there someone to stay with you? You need major help.  I’m sure we all feel helpless.  If only we could help. 😢 xoxo Gem 10   I cant even open a jar with two hands.

i am managing some things with great difficulty, and very slowly. the cats and critters are effing useless to help, so i'm on my own.  it's an adventure, fer sure.  but, necessity is the mother of invention!

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, walnutqueen said:

i am managing some things with great difficulty, and very slowly. the cats and critters are effing useless to help, so i'm on my own.  it's an adventure, fer sure.  but, necessity is the mother of invention!

Relatives, neighbors, Luann?  She has the outfit and can wrap bandages, so she says.  Nurse Kratchet?

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
13 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

Relatives, neighbors, Luann?  She has the outfit and can wrap bandages, so she says.  Nurse Kratchet?

no relatives, no friends nearby, neighbors friendly enough to drive me, jump start my car and help with the garbage cans, but not personal stuff.

i'd rather die alone and in agony than let Luann within 100 yards of me ... heh.

i am inventive and resourceful   (but never "plucky") so will find ways to accomplish what is necessary - and fuck the rest.

Edited by walnutqueen
stoopid spelling error
  • Love 4
12 minutes ago, walnutqueen said:

got some cheese to go with my whine?

I do!  And even better, I have a cat named after cheese.  🐈  She's very selective about who/when she comforts, but I'm sure that once I tell her about you, she'll be all over the job.

I'm so sorry this happened, WQ.  Please heal up ASAP. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, walnutqueen said:

We got you some help.......

image.png

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
43 minutes ago, walnutqueen said:

got some cheese to go with my whine?  heh.

Sending you love and wishes from myself and my kitties (indoor and our semi-feral cat colony (and some raccoons and possums). Too bad I’m on the East coast. I was none weight bearing for over 9 weeks (twice) because of foot surgery. I don’t know what I would have done without hubby taking care of (waiting on me)

6480BD14-21A8-4814-A5E1-0209EA4E5A5D.jpeg

• Love 4

i take great comfort and joy knowing y'all love animals ... and accept the virtual animal lurve (and terroristic threats) being sent my way.

the toughest part (besides keeping him from walking on my sore legs) is making my babalu kitty realize he has to come closer for his regular lovin', since i can't really reach out to him right now.  good thing he seems devoid of criminal intent - he could wreak an awful lot of havoc before i could get to the dreaded spray bottle!!!

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Today, just watch the BH reunion.  Your accident rage will transfer to all those dummies sitting there and babbling nonsense.  And, you could count Doritos hair clips for a diversion, which will occupy you all night.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Gem 10 said:

Today, just watch the BH reunion.  Your accident rage will transfer to all those dummies sitting there and babbling nonsense.  And, you could count Doritos hair clips for a diversion, which will occupy you all night.

just watched it myself, and am sooo angry i cannot flip the double-bird.  my right middle finger was working overtime, believe you me.

Dorito, the cunty puppy-dumping grifter, is also the queen of ridiculous hairdos and stoopid outfits.  she can miss me with her innocent victim act.  a waste of oxygen, is that one.

• Love 9
(edited)
6 hours ago, walnutqueen said:

what is it about cats and clean laundry, eh?  my boys were especially fond of "helping" me put clean sheets on the bed - turning a basic household task into an exercise in futility.

Bed making is one of the all-time favorite hinderences play time activities of my girls too!  The pic above captured while riding the dryer.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Bed making is one of the all-time favorite hinderences play time activities of my girls too!  The pic above captured while riding the dryer.

You should hop on with them and save $75 bucks for a massage.

• LOL 3

@walnutqueen .. How are you doing the last couple of days?  Lots of pain?  Thank goodness for your critters and t.v. So you can snark your heart out, and Netflix.  You’re not missing much as nobody is going out because of the heat wave I’m sure you are having also.  I think it’s 95 degrees here on the east coast.  Xo

• Love 1
(edited)
4 hours ago, Ellee said:

https://www.facebook.com/DomRasoJr/videos/608715822989887/

I honestly can't come up with the right words but someone will.

Thanks for sharing this.  I took a screen shot with the caption visible so that others may read it also.  (Faint but visible).

For me, it's confirmation that there are still those who will go extra to honor and respect those that have gone before and sacrificed much.  It makes my heart glad.

Screenshot (604).png

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
Post the screen shot dummy.
  • Love 4
On 5/30/2014 at 4:17 PM, imjagain said:

Hi Diane, you have a great view, very lucky. I hope to see more people coming over.

Whatever happened to TWoP? I was with those forums for years, but then my followed content is now under this heading. What happened? Is TWoP still up and running or...?