Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Regency Bar

• Start Topic

Just now, walnutqueen said:

Unpolished, and deeply flawed.  ;~)

A gem...nevertheless.

download.jpg.b9facef330872a1420b62d2444c24480.jpg

^^^  Meh - I'd rather watch the baby goat video you posted yesterday over on the Shopping Channel forum.  (I'd wager there's at least a couple of other goat aficianados around here as well!).   :~)

• Love 4
52 minutes ago, walnutqueen said:

^^^  Meh - I'd rather watch the baby goat video you posted yesterday over on the Shopping Channel forum.  (I'd wager there's at least a couple of other goat aficianados around here as well!).   :~)

I was going to say that I work with a goat to be part of the convo but realized he is really a jackass.   So I guess I’m out of the loop on this one.

😁😁😁

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

This was getting into April the giraffe territory.  Glad all are well.

I about drove off the road when they broke in with the news this morning!!!!

I want / need that little baby boy to have Spencer in his name!!!! (I’m also a GH homer). 😍😍😍

10 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I can't explain my affinity for Royal stuff, but alas I have it.

Come sit and have some tea with me.

• Love 6
21 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I can't explain my affinity for Royal stuff, but alas I have it.

I am all about my Queen.  But that's because she WAS (and still IS) my Queen - her portrait was in every classroom when I was a wee one, and we sang "God Save the Queen"  long before we sang "Oh, Canada".

She is the very last woman alive I've "known" my entire life.  The Crown dies with her.

• Love 7
10 hours ago, walnutqueen said:

I am all about my Queen.  But that's because she WAS (and still IS) my Queen - her portrait was in every classroom when I was a wee one, and we sang "God Save the Queen"  long before we sang "Oh, Canada".

She is the very last woman alive I've "known" my entire life.  The Crown dies with her.

She is iconic.  I have a postcard of her on my fridge from when my little sister was studying abroad in London.  She wrote on the back “just so you know when you get old this is what you will look like.”  I have always been the queen of the fam.  

I cannot lie, Ronald Reagan was my grandfather / hero as a kid.  He was the same age as my paw paw and his portrait was everywhere. AND he signed my presidential academic fitness award!!! ❤️❤️❤️

• Love 7

OMG @walnutqueen you would love this.  At my son’s book fair they had a book about “Royal Dogs.”  I bought it, of course, and it’s great.  It’s all about the history of dogs that QE2 has loved but also all they way up to Guy.  And how it’s important to adopt dogs because they could become royal (Guy was adopted).

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

@geauxaway - You had me at The Queen, lost me for a bit at Ronnie, then had me right back again with the Queen's dogs.  Walkies!

I watch a lot of stuff on PBS (Bravo's palate cleanser), and really enjoyed all the specials they ran about the Queen.  She does love animals - especially her dogs and her horses.

• Love 1

@Gem 10 - I finally did a rewatch of the first few episodes of the final GoT season after fiddling with a bunch of picture settings on my "Smart TV".  After resetting every contrast & brightness mode, I found a picture setting called "dynamic". Tried it - and holy cow, I saw EVERYTHING in that night battle scene!

I am mortified that it took me this many years to figure out how to improve my viewing experience.  Guess a Smart TV isn't much good with a Dumb User.  heh.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, walnutqueen said:

@Gem 10 - I finally did a rewatch of the first few episodes of the final GoT season after fiddling with a bunch of picture settings on my "Smart TV".  After resetting every contrast & brightness mode, I found a picture setting called "dynamic". Tried it - and holy cow, I saw EVERYTHING in that night battle scene!

I am mortified that it took me this many years to figure out how to improve my viewing experience.  Guess a Smart TV isn't much good with a Dumb User.  heh.

I’m gonna try the “dynamic” tomorrow nite.

Dont feel bad.  I was in a packed church today at my Grandson’s first Communion.  My Smart phone was ringing loudly, and I didn’t even know how to turn it off.  I’ve ONLY had it about 8 months, lol.  My daughter had to grab it from me and turn it off.  Talk about DUMB.  I was mortified.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Gem 10 said:

I’m gonna try the “dynamic” tomorrow nite.

Dont feel bad.  I was in a packed church today at my Grandson’s first Communion.  My Smart phone was ringing loudly, and I didn’t even know how to turn it off.  I’ve ONLY had it about 8 months, lol.  My daughter had to grab it from me and turn it off.  Talk about DUMB.  I was mortified.

The other picture setting that worked really well was called "natural" (as opposed to "standard" and "movie") - so now I switch it up depending on what I am watching.

I couldn't use a mobile phone on a bet.  Yesterday, the contractor remodeling the house next door asked if I could take delivery of some appliances if his workers weren't there, and gave me the garage door opener to let the delivery people in. I had to ask him to show me how to use it, because it had more than one button.  Talk about hopeless!

• LOL 3
11 minutes ago, walnutqueen said:

The other picture setting that worked really well was called "natural" (as opposed to "standard" and "movie") - so now I switch it up depending on what I am watching.

I couldn't use a mobile phone on a bet.  Yesterday, the contractor remodeling the house next door asked if I could take delivery of some appliances if his workers weren't there, and gave me the garage door opener to let the delivery people in. I had to ask him to show me how to use it, because it had more than one button.  Talk about hopeless!

I can’t deal with these contraptions, nor do I want to. I’m lucky to navigate this I- pad, barely.  I went nuts with the firestick.  Thank goodness Reality Police showed me the way, and AnnA helped me with the I-pad.

• Love 2
43 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

Holy Smokes ..   who needs an Army when you have a Dragon Bird who spits fire and wipes out a whole city.        GOT.

Dany took the scorched earth policy quite literally.

Oh, and "Holy Smokes" was a nice one, @Gem 10!

• LOL 1
15 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

Holy Smokes ..   who needs an Army when you have a Dragon Bird who spits fire and wipes out a whole city.        GOT.

I have not ever seen 1 episode of GOT, and I call my boys work dorks for watching, until today.  I heard Aaron Rodgers was on it and I geeked the F out!!! 🤣🤣🤣

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, geauxaway said:

I have not ever seen 1 episode of GOT, and I call my boys work dorks for watching, until today.  I heard Aaron Rodgers was on it and I geeked the F out!!! 🤣🤣🤣

Neither was I, until I was told Jason Momoa was on and I fell in 💕love again.  (P.33). I blame Walnut and Reality.  Troublemakers.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Gem 10 said:

Neither was I, until I was told Jason Momoa was on and I fell in 💕love again.  (P.33). I blame Walnut and Reality.  Troublemakers.

Personally, I prefer "Shameless Enablers".

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
(edited)
12 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

@RealityPolice .. where are you?  Everything o.k.?

Doing better. Have had some health issues. At the Dr yesterday. Hopefully on the mend. 

I prefer Shameless Enablers also! Thank you@Walnutqueen.

It's nice to be missed. 

Edited by Reality police
  • Love 6

I’m so effing sad that I woke up today to see my spirit animal Grumpy Cat has passed.   But on a better note, my Peonies bloomed this morning.  ⬇️⬆️.  And our pool opens this week!!  

• Love 5
7 hours ago, Reality police said:

Doing better. Have had some health issues. At the Dr yesterday. Hopefully on the mend. 

I prefer Shameless Enablers also! Thank you@Walnutqueen.

It's nice to be missed. 

Oh goody .. 

• Love 1
13 hours ago, Ellee said:

This makes me sad overall. I understand the closeness of a pet, Lost two cats 6 years ago and I still miss them terribly. But seriously, if you loved your dog would you do this to them?

This is what the Pharoahs did with their cats - that was a looong time ago.

• Love 1
On 5/24/2019 at 4:46 PM, hoodooznoodooz said:

Did anyone watch “This is Farrah” on ABC? I couldn’t find a thread for it.

Was it a new show or just a special?  If it's the latter, there might be a thread in the Specials & One-Offs section.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, OnceSane said:

Was it a new show or just a special?  If it's the latter, there might be a thread in the Specials & One-Offs section.

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction. I just checked, and it’s not there. No one else watched. Sigh. 😔 

(edited)

Did anyone see the new Bravo Godzilla commercial featuring Dorinda, Sonja, Giselle, and Karen Huger?  I wish they had tried to insert it into the show like they did with the Anne Hathaway and Rebel Wilson movie. Because it then goes from contrived and fake to sublime and surreal.

Dorinda: "This new Godzilla movie is really good. It really has a lot of parallels to Luann's struggle with alcohol."

Sonja: "I think Ghidorah is such a great representation of Luann's issues. One head is alcohol. The second head is her entitlement. The third head is Luann's fear of showing any vulnerability."

Dorinda: "So true. Luann should see this movie. Maybe it'll help her figure out how to summon her own Godzilla."

Voiceover: Godzilla: King of Monsters in theaters now.

Also there was missed opportunity by not using Stassi's boyfriend Beau in the commercial because he had a little dance break scene wearing his T Rex suit during Vanderpump Rules. Beau could have arrived wearing a Godzilla suit like Dorinda. They could have "a who wore it better" joke. The punchline is that Godzilla roars and they all agree the original, aka Godzilla, wore it best.

Yes, I punch up shitty commercials in my free time.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2
On 5/27/2019 at 10:19 PM, hoodooznoodooz said:

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction. I just checked, and it’s not there. No one else watched. Sigh. 😔 

I did. I had seen part of the videos that she did not to long after she died. I thought the show was well done and I applaud her bravery. 

• Love 2
41 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Can someone give me input on attire for my niece's bridal shower?  Normally, I would wear some nice pants and blouse, sandals small heel, etc.  It's going to be over 80 degrees, but, this is inside in a home.  (Upscale.)  But, do you think a dress is necessary?  Something like this, only not in white.

https://www.dillards.com/p/le-bos-3-piece-lace-duster-pant-set/508695247

I'm probably the last person that should respond to bridal shower attire but I think what you have chosen is perfect.  I would be surprised if there will be many in dresses.   JMO. 

• Love 4
22 minutes ago, Ellee said:

I'm probably the last person that should respond to bridal shower attire but I think what you have chosen is perfect.  I would be surprised if there will be many in dresses.   JMO. 

That's what I thought. Being a family member, I thought I might go a little more dressy, but, I still think the dress pants are ok. 

• Love 2
Just now, SunnyBeBe said:

That's what I thought. Being a family member, I thought I might go a little more dressy, but, I still think the dress pants are ok. 

I truly think the dress pants is dressy enough. I really do.  

I’m betting others will agree, too.  😁

• Love 3
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Can someone give me input on attire for my niece's bridal shower?  Normally, I would wear some nice pants and blouse, sandals small heel, etc.  It's going to be over 80 degrees, but, this is inside in a home.  (Upscale.)  But, do you think a dress is necessary?  Something like this, only not in white.

https://www.dillards.com/p/le-bos-3-piece-lace-duster-pant-set/508695247

Being from the same state as you, I think your choice is good. It’s feminine and up to date style wise. I do see a number of women wearing dresses when dining out (ha, I’m usually one of them) but I think it’s smart. You don’t want to upstage the bride or her mother. 

• Love 2

Hmmm Dillard’s.  Must be Florida?  I’ve lived in New York and Florida and went to many showers.  My usual is silk black pants, pretty black heels, and a Lacey white blouse with my favorite long necklace.  I hate dresses.

• Love 2
(edited)

https://www.bing.com/amp/s/patch.com/oklahoma/tulsa/amp/28118944/4-teens-put-life-90-year-old-woman-stuck-fire-above-their-own

Posting this one for multiple reasons:

1.  In case the boys are one of our poster’s children. Way to go, young men, way to go! 

2.  I find too many negative things to post and though I know no one involved, I’m as proud of the 4 boys as if they were my own and so happy this 90 year old woman is safe .

Edited by Ellee
  • Love 7
On 6/7/2019 at 3:28 PM, Ellee said:

https://www.bing.com/amp/s/patch.com/oklahoma/tulsa/amp/28118944/4-teens-put-life-90-year-old-woman-stuck-fire-above-their-own

Posting this one for multiple reasons:

1.  In case the boys are one of our poster’s children. Way to go, young men, way to go! 

2.  I find too many negative things to post and though I know no one involved, I’m as proud of the 4 boys as if they were my own and so happy this 90 year old woman is safe .

Wow !   So young, so brave, went into a fire not thinking of the danger, just thinking of saving a life.  They have good hearts.  Nice story.

• Love 5