Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Nail Salon

• Start Topic

Wow! I'm the first poster for the show!

Can't wait till this is back on the air. It's my favorite trash TV show. RHoBH and RHoOC are good but  just filler until Jersey begins.

I was a dedicated lurker on TWoP. I registered but never really posted that much and I liked the single thread approach they had as I knew where I had previously left off reading.

Willing to give this one a chance though.

Edited by Giselle
  • Love 1

Saw a clip of RuPaul's Drag Race.  One of the contestants dressed up at Teresa.  They played Snatch Game.  The question was - what would Chelsea Handler name her Vodka.  The drag Teresa wrote Cumin and pronounced it coming.  Reality shows collide.

• Love 1

The Small Talk topic is for:

• Introductions
  • Off-topic chatter
  • Having virtual tea with forum buddies

This is NOT a topic for actual show discussion. When you want to talk about the show:

1. Figure out the nature of the topic you want to talk about
  2. Look for an existing topic that matches or fits
  3. If there is NOT an existing topic that fits, CREATE ONE!

Examples of topics that populate show forums include (but by no means are limited to):

• Character topics
  • Episode topics
  • Season topics
  • Spoiler topics
  • Speculation topics
  • In the Media topics
  • Favourite X topics
  • ...you get the idea

Happy trails beyond Small Talk!

I have watched the Jersey gals from the beginning and am looking forward to posting here! I have been a TWOP lurker for years but decided to "woman up" and actually register here!

• Love 6

Thanks for the info on that, SFoster21. I just set the DVR timer. It says it's a half hour show, a "glimpse" of the new season. I'll have to check it out because I'm not sure I'll be watching this season after reading about the new people they're adding.

So I just watched the preview for the new season. The new girls look like they're amping up the drama. On purpose, I'm sure. And Teresa is still saying that everything that's happening to her happens to other people, it's just that with her it's public. Yea, right, Teresa - everybody and their mother is committing massive tax and bank fraud!

• Love 4

To paraphrase Lenethia Leakes, I saw 3 women doing THE MOST for $2.50. Based on the First Look, I don't know if I can take a whole season on those raggedy twins and Type A Crazy, even if awesome Dina is back.

I find it very distasteful that they seem to be exploiting the children's fears of their parents situation for entertainment. How is that entertainment?

Are they really going to wallow in the Giudce criminal trails all season long? 

That is going to be hard to deal with.

• Love 3

I haven't seen this show in a few years because I couldn't stand Caroline and Jacqueline.  Now that they're gone and Dina is back, I'm back to watching it.  I'm just happy that, from the looks of it, it won't be everyone ganging up on Theresa.  Yes, she and her husband are crooks.  I don't want to watch a whole show about people ripping on them, though.

That is what really turned me off the Manzos... Caroline couldn't take any "supposed" bad mouthing about her woodchuck's stripper carwash idea but it didn't bother her at all if her fugly pond scum kids and their rubber doll girlfriend/roommate ragged incessantly on Theresa.

And all Theresa said is that she wouldn't want her girls working in something like that. You think that mama bitch Manzo would let her unfortunate one born with out a penis squish her boobs across a windshield...not on her life.

• Love 3

Is there anyone out there with industry knowledge who can explain why Bravo puts some of it's shows ondemand, but not others. I'm never really home able to watch TV at the right times (such is the life of a grad student with 2 jobs and an internship) so I sort of live and die by ondemand. I can't find any rhyme or reason. NJ has never been ondemand even though most of the other Housewife franchises are. I don't think it's due to ratings since OC and NYC have always been on and NJ and ATL never seem to be on and they've all gone through ratings ups and downs. Do they use different production companies with different contracts? Do the Housewives in different franchises have different contracts that affect this? Anyone? Anyone? Buller?

• Love 1

In case anyone is interested, there's a forum for Real Housewives of Melbourne

http://www.bravotv.com/blogs/the-dish/real-housewives-of-melbourne-is-coming-to-bravo

Bravo is thrilled to announce the acquisition of The Real Housewives of Melbourne, set to premiere August 3 at 12p ET/PT. The 12-episode series will broadcast every Sunday with two back-to-back episodes and the run includes a two-part reunion special hosted by Australian fashion designer Alex Perry.
  • Love 1

Got to talking with my cab driver yesterday about tourists and what landmarks they ask to be taken to and he said the past few weeks he's been asked to go to "Angelo's the restaurant from RHONJ" more than "Angelo's the restaurant from The Godfather". 

• Love 2

What's going on with Danielle Staub and her daughters?  Any word?

She was on a recent episode of Oprah's Where are they now? i was surprised at how much more sane Danielle sounds in RL. Oldest daughter is 20 and in college.

• Love 1

What does it mean when I was on the RHNJ boards (on the defunct TWOP site), but now I rarely read the comments anymore? This season has been sooo boring. I was anticipating Dina's return, but eh...

I saw a promo for Manzo'd with Children....with Caroline, Al, and the three kids.

OMG, will people actually tune in for this? I've never liked the Manzo kids, so I will NOT.

I'm done with them. My time is more valuable than that. 

I met Jamie Laurita at a wine & spirit expo and he was quite personable. I even bought a bottle of Bella Boy and it was tasty. Although I was perhaps a teensy bit drunk. But they had gin aged in oak barrels and absinthe and Bordeaux wines and wines from the Willamette Valley and.......never mind.

Edited by bosawks
  • Love 3

I met Jamie Laurita at a wine & spirit expo and he was quite personable. I even bought a bottle of Bella Boy and it was tasty. Although I was perhaps a teensy bit drunk. But they had gin aged in oak barrels and absinthe and Bordeaux wines and wines from the Willamette Valley and.......never mind.

Wait - the expo in Valley Forge? Did you see Big Ang?

• Love 1

Wait - the expo in Valley Forge? Did you see Big Ang?

I saw her lips. It was difficult to see beyond that and the sequined covered ball cap.

Was that you eating kangaroo?

Edited by bosawks
  • Love 2

I just saw Joe Gorga in Dunkin Donuts. He drinks a medium regular and was wearing a BLK t-shirt. Of course I was posting about him on FB so when we both turned to head out opposite directions (front and back entrances), we almost crashed into each other. I said excuse me, and he didn't say anything because he was talking on his phone.

• Love 1

Season 6 is now on Hulu, in case anyone wants to watch it again. I didn't watch at all last year, so it's interesting to watch it now with all the things that have happened.  I'm up to episode 10, I'm gonna share my thoughts over on the past seasons thread :-)

(edited)

Hated Caroline's MOB dress. 

Yeah, I don't know much about weddings and all, but is that normal that de Mother of the Bride looks like a bride herself? I'm not talking about the unfortunate strapless idea they got for her, just the general feel of the dress.

Edited by Pollock
  • Love 1
(edited)

http://starcasm.net/archives/322889

Not a fan of the Manzo's but I thought Lauren looked beautiful and her dress and veil were just perfection. I love that she did a ballgown instead of some kind of fit and flare or mermaid. Hated Caroline's MOB dress. Liked the bridesmaids dresses. Hated Jaqueline's dress but her hair and face looked good. Gorga's? bleck. Wow! Kathy and Rosie look fantabulous! Love the subtle purple in Kathy's hair, she looks beautiful. Rosie?? The most beautiful I have ever seen her. Greg is still handsome.

I dislike them very much but they had a pretty nice wedding.

Agree - strongly dislike the Manzos but Lauren made a beautiful bride and the dress was absolutely gorgeous.Jacqueline and Melissa's dresses were tacky. Kathy's hair and makeup looked really pretty and I like the dress, but way too tight. Rosie looked very pretty. If Jacqueline gets any more plastic surgery she's going to be unrecognizable.

As far as Caroline dressing in white, she posted on Instagram that yes Lauren asked her to wear white, and then snarkily said something like, you can go back to your lives now. White is one thing, strapless on Caroline is another, and that was just not flattering. At all.

Edited by parrotlover
  • Love 1

Aww... I actually enjoyed that!

Lauren and Vito looked great. That veil was incredible!

Asked for or not, Caroline's strapless number was unfortunate.

As were Joe Gorga's too long pants. His too long plaid pants. Maybe he wore the shoes w/o any risers?

Love Rosie! She looked faboo!

And there was the Theresa prison shot at the very bottom. Ahhh...

The End.

• Love 3

Speaking of marriages…I don't know if this is supposed to go here, but it looks like 21 times is the charm, cause Danielle Staub is engaged.  The guy in question is handsome and reportedly very wealthy (seriously, where do these women find these rich guys?) I don't think I am all for Danielle coming back to the show, because it's uncomfortable enough with the Gorga/Guidice nonsense. But I would be all over a wedding special. It would be interesting to see Danielle's level of crazy try to plan a lavish wedding. I honestly have to give it to Danielle. She has stayed relatively quiet over the past few years, unlike her former castmates. She doesn't do the most on social media and seems to be in a healthier, better place. And if that is a recent picture of her, she looks damn good. I really believe that the Manzos ganged up on her since day one at Bravo's insistence, and made a socially awkward women lose touch with reality. And it turned out that all of the stuff she was saying about the other cast members was true (IE Teresa's bankruptcy and Dina's fraud marriage). So I'm curious as to what how her life is now. I know she lives in the West New York/Weehawken area (judging by her Twitter) and her oldest daughter goes to Seton Hall, but that's really it. 

• Love 3

I don't understand the sentiments expressed by Caroline's comments.

Why is SHE on T.V. in a 'Reality' show if she does not want the attention?

One of the main reasons for the popularity of The Housewives et al, is the gossipy snarky media and forums that the franchises engender. And, IF these mediums did not exist nor would THESE franchises.

These Ho'wives are inordinately hypocritical. They are not some great acting talent. They are just attention grabbing asses.

P.S. * I never could tolerate that whining asshole, Caroline 'fambly' Manzo.

• Love 1
(edited)
Spoiler

Is there anywhere to talk about previous seasons of RHoNJ? I'm rewatching them before the new season starts, and I'd like to chat about them.

Edited by ElsbethTascioni
Accidently posted as spoiler
On 7/19/2015 at 0:55 AM, HunterHunted said:

I'm trying to get an eff, marry, kill discussion started over in comparative housewives between husbands Jim: Bellino, Edmonds, and Marchese.

Too funny because I was thinking recently of shag, marry, kill for the men of RHONJ. I think I'd have to pick Juicy Joe for the shag - he'd probably bring a rolling cart of all sorts of goodies. Marry? Maybe Al Manzo, if for no other reason that he's stable and drama-free, and would be cool with me doing my own thing. Kill? Richie Wakile, but that's because I never saw S6. 

• Love 3