Type keyword(s) to search

S29.E10: This Is Where We Build Trust

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

If I could advise Natalie it would be NOT to trust Baylor. I super slowed down the scene of them  digging for the idol and it was in Nat's hand but Baylor appeared to be trying to snatch it away before they stood up and ran away. I believe if Baylor had physical possession of it Nat would not get it back

I saw that, too! Close, but no cigar, Baylor.

"You should play your idol. <shrug> Up to you."  (I hope Jon doesn't take all the credit for that.)

Why didn't Reed approach Natalie about ousting Jon?  She blamed Jon for orchestrating the elimination of Jeremy last week and was bitter about that

I think he already has. "Glad I decided to play that!"

I thought Natalie blamed Missy. Remember her immediate, "WTF, Missy?" after the vote?

• Love 3

Dammit, Keith. Moron. Also, it's weird how he keeps calling out his son in front of others. I'm not a fan of Missy, but at least she advocates for Baylor.

I'm holding out hope Reed can pull another rabbit out of his hat. It doesn't look good right now.

Edited by Dust Bunny
  • Love 3

Natalie and Baylor seem like an end game alliance* to me especially given Natalie's confessional about Baylor being her number one.  Baylor is going to betray Jaclyn and Jon though, that I am fairly confident is going to happen and was heavily forshadowed during the pre-merge when the two of them were wondering if they should trust Baylor or not..

*With Natalie winning big of course.

Edited by LanceM
  • Love 4

WOW.  Wow, Keith.  Has there ever been a bigger verbal blunder than that at Tribal Council in the history of this game?  I knew he was stupid, but I didn't think he was THAT stupid. Here I was thinking he might actually somehow win.  I guess anything's still possible, but no.  He lost his idol and his son with one mistake.  I don't know if it's possible to screw yourself over harder without getting voted out.

I don't blame Reed. He was trying to fool the other alliance with his talk of Keith.  Keith should have known that.

And I'm not surprised Natalie warned Jon.  She said that Reed was the bigger threat, but I think that she was also afraid that if Jon was voted out, next TC it will be 4 vs. 4 and Keith would still have his idol.  Actually, this TC ended up better than Natalie was expecting, because she wasn't expecting Jon to lose his idol tonight. Now it'll be that much easier to vote out Jon when she wants to.

I do wish Jon had been booted, because he looks like the probable winner now, but you can't have everything.

Edited by Lingo
  • Love 4

Geez, this season keeps going up one week and down the next. Keith is an idiot. He has no concept of how this game works, and without the idol he has no leverage left. He's on the losing side and doomed the few remaining alliance mates he had. God what a moron. It's so frustrating. I hate to see Jon and Jaclyn sashay their way into the final four like this.

Still can't stand Natalie, I refuse to root for her after suffering through two seasons of her on Amazing Race. She's a loudmouth who ruins everything.

• Love 4

Keith/Wes could have kept their idol in the hands of the one person suriviving the vote tonight, but I suppose they were banking on Alec possibly being targeted. Still, I really thought a team decision to not play their idol would have increased their chances of one of them making it to the end.

The immunity challenge was excellent. The temptation stuff is always much more interesting than watching someone untie knots or solve a puzzle. Shame on the pour souls who stepped down without first negotiating a food reward.

• Love 1

The trouble with this episode was you knew from the editing that the Jon blindside wouldn't work because they gave too much air time to that possibility.

Wish Jon was gone - they seem to be doing everything they can to keep him in the game.  

• Love 2
Natalie flushed out 2 idols with 1 comment to Jon.  And remains in control of the 3rd, that only Baylor knows about.  That was a pretty good play.

As much as Natalie wants Jon out, she wants Reed out that much more.   And, if she can get rid of them both while making them believe that she has their best interests at heart, the more likely she'll get their votes ... if she gets to the finals.

Both of these points are why Natalie was the big winner tonight.  Sure, in the process she also saved Jon, which could backfire on her.  But its much better to be in the majority alliance with the only idol left in play, rather than be in a 4-4 situation where the other side also has an idol.

I do wonder though if the fight between Jon and Jaclyn next week is because he wants to once again switch back to the guys alliance.

I liked the reward. Turns out few Nicaraguans have played the majors, so it's not exactly a hotbed.

Nicaragua is a big baseball hotbed.  They are completely nuts about the sport there, though soccer is slowly making inroads because of all the Nicaraguans who have spent time working in Costa Rica or have family members there.  The reason why Nicaragua has produced so few major leaguers is that the level of play just isn’t as good as it in countries like the Dominican Republic or Venezuela. 

It’s kind of like Filipinos and basketball.  I’ve never been in a country as nuts about basketball as the Philippines, but I think they’ve yet to produce an NBA player.

• Love 6

The best part was Jeff interacting with the Survivors during the immunity challenge.  they're so out there Jeff can't maintain his doucebag host mode.  I loved Wes going on about Jeff cooking nude on 2 1/2 Men.

• Love 7

The trouble with this episode was you knew from the editing that the Jon blindside wouldn't work because they gave too much air time to that possibility.

Wish Jon was gone - they seem to be doing everything they can to keep him in the game.  

I was hoping it was like the episode all about how Alec's brother dug his own grave by being an idiot......... you saw it coming and that didn't make it any less delicious.  But no.  

The ending was fun enough to make up for it.  Damnit Keith!! I like him. Despite the spitting. And how weird he is with Wes.  And how bluderingly dumb.   He just gets annoyed and can't help but tell people off.  I liked when he said to Jon,  I'm 53, how old are you?  He reminds me of S1 Rudy.  But Rudy was shrewder.  Everyone, ever, in the history of Survivor, is shrewder than Keith.

I do think my favorite scene was  Reed telling Alec 4 times, slowly "we are going to SAY we're voting to Wes but really write down Jon's name. Write Jon. Don't forget, vote for Jon.  The one you should vote for is Jon". Not a lot of respect there. And then Alec sat there all tribal council with his mouth hanging open like a fool.  I was almost proud of him he remembered and did vote Jon.

• Love 16

This is a schoolyard pick I would really like to have seen.  Nat, Baylor, Missy, and Wes on a team, versus Reed, Jon, Jaclyn, and Alec seemed horribly lopsided physically, and I'm curious about who picked whom to end up with that mix.  When the challenge started, I was really impressed with how well the Nat team did, and then I was really sad by their totally inability to open a lock. 

When I finished watching the episode, I planned to start my post with "What the actual fuck, Natalie" because I did not understand why she would tell Jon to play the idol when she had seemingly been so adamant about wanting him out.  Than I read all of your posts and realized that she may be working a bigger strategy here.  So, thank you all for enlightening me!  That said, I'm not sure that keeping J&J in the game, together, is a good move.  And Wes was certainly no threat.  Flushing two idols is good, I guess, but now at least one is likely to get put back in to circulation and no one will know who has them.  So, maybe not that helpful. 

I Iiked John and Jacklyn better following the revelation that she can't have children

We've known since episode 1 that she can't have children, because (if I remember correctly) she doesn't have a uterus. 

But thanks to Keith's big mouth, Jon got nervous and played his idol so the votes against him didn't count.

Keith's mouthing off certainly didn't help, but Natalie was the one who said "play your idol", which seemed to me to be a bigger influence on him.

So there is a Survivor kitchen behind the challenges?

I think they know what all the contestants' favorite foods are, and so they probably have them prepped for challenges like this, where they plan to tempt them.  And really, pizza, wings, and water are not very unusual requests.

IDK if Natalie should be trusting Baylor

I am 100% sure that she should *not* be trusting Baylor.  Baylor's number one is Missy, not Nat.

I adored the Josh & Jeremy show.​

• Love 2

I thought it was horrible to exploit those kids who were too poor to have baseball equipment in order to generate goodwill for survivor (aren't we so wonderfully humanitarian) while really just trying to create emotionally compelling TV.  Having those kids sit there and watch those troglodytes eat like pigs was heartless to me.  Was there no one in the entire production who didn't see how offensive that was?  Gorging in front of needy kids (or any kids for that matter) really bothers me.  And on the eve of Thanksgiving no less. 

Reed sealed his own fate by bringing up the idol at TC.  I understand he did it to convince Jon he was with him, but he should know Keith well enough by now to know that he wouldn't be able to handle that- especially considering he didn't seem to have been told in advance and, more importantly, Reed had flipped on Keith the tribal council just before this one.  Keith was just being Keith. 

i think Natalie clued in Jon because she wants to avoid a 4-4 split.  I think it's a reasonable decision.  Her best bet is to try to drag along Baylor and the douchebag to the final TC.  She's got the shoulders for it. 

Edited by BarneySays
  • Love 6

Reed's right--Keith is clueless about strategy.  It was perfectly in character for "the plan" that Reed would toss out some speculation about Keith & Wes having an idol.  Too bad ol' Spitty Keith had an attack of nerves and felt he had to announce that everybody should just stick to The Plan.

I wish they'd had a wide angle shot of that moment--the top of Reed's head blowing off while most of the alliance were saying "And what plan is THAT?!"  And Alec just continued to look slackjawed on oxy.

I think Nadia's vigorous face rubbing was because she caught on right away and she was trying to decide whether her best bet was to let Jon die or to save him.   And in the end, she wimped out and took the middle road:  "You should play your idol. <shrug> Up to you."  (I hope Jon doesn't take all the credit for that.) 

I think that Reed was every bit as stupid as Keith at TC.  If he intended to goad Keith and Wes, he should have warned them.  He lives with them 24/7, he must have a good grasp of how dense they are.  It also could have given J and J the impression that he was warning Keith/Wes to play their idol.  Stupidest of all - Jon.  Baylor and Natalie reacted immediately to Keith's words - they knew what was going down.  Jaklyn knew something was off, attempted to switch things up, and was then vetoed by Jon.  Jon still sat there completely clueless until Natalie told him to use his idol.  Even then he was like "really?".  Yeah dumbass, I'm sure even Alec sensed something was going down.  It gives me hope that Jon won't make it to the end. 

ETA:  I don't think these people are very hungry.  Or maybe they're just incredibly lazy.  They're overrun by crabs at night, it shouldn't be too hard to catch a bunch daily.

Edited by RedheadZombie
  • Love 5

Agreed that it was a win-win-win for Natalie. J&J are floaters, no one trusts them completely, no one is going to make a tight alliance with them. Saving him almost guaranteed that arrow would ricochet and get one of the lunkheads who will vote however their appointed alpha male tells them to. Consistent voters are way more dangerous to her game right now. Now you have two 'core' alliances of roughly equal size that can either go after each other...or come together to tear apart J&J. Nothing's changed, Reed will probably still want Jon out, Natalie still wants Jon out, he now has no protection, and Reed is a man down when it comes time to turn on her. I don't know why everyone keeps trying to work with Keith, he's an idiot. It's almost better to just let him vote blind than to tell him anything. 

I love sugar as much as anyone, but after three odd weeks of starving, no way I would have come down for anything other than what Natalie demanded. All The Things. On The Plate. Naow. And 5 chocolate chip cookies for 2 people is not enough, Probst, stop lying. I would have grabbed the tray and run off into the woods, Woo-style. 

I didn't have any feelings about Wes other than 'hnngh', and then he went and pulled such an awesome zinger on Probst. That was hilarious, Jeff's smile was a total "shut up, or I'll come stab you in your tent and DQ you for an injury." And now he's gone. Geez.

Jon is waaaaay to comfortable. Idol or no, you don't act so lackadaisical at challenges, it's dumb.

I love how Jeremy kept slapping Josh on the thigh during tribal like "oh my gawd, look at what's happening, look it, look it!" He clearly likes this game a lot, haha. 

• Love 6

I think that Reed was every bit as stupid as Keith at TC.  If he intended to goad Keith and Wes, he should have warned them.  ....  It also could have given J and J the impression that he was warning Keith/Wes to play their idol. 

Actually, if Reed and Alec really had intended to go along with the plan, then goading Keith or Wes into playing the idol would have been the best outcome: it flushes the idol out, and with 4 votes apiece for Keith and 3 for Wes, one of them would have gone home no matter who played it.  It would have been worse if Wes had decided to keep the idol and not play it, because he'd still have it after Keith was voted out.

Edited by Lingo
  • Love 1

This episode was fantastic. I can't stand Keith and his spitting. He even spit in the ocean, and I know there are much dirtier things in our oceans, Keith doesn't need to add his spit to it. I can't wait until he's gone. He's a freaking idiot. I wanted Jon gone! Gone I tell you! I don't blame Natalie, this works better for her, and she's my favorite survivor at this point. If Keith hadn't messed up during TC, then Nat wouldn't have been suspicious. Reed can also leave. I don't like him, and although I want Jon gone, I wanted Reed to fail in his plan. He would've been there for another 3 weeks, maybe? 

Bye bye Wes, the chicken nugget champ!

• Love 2
Reed had flipped on Keith the tribal council just before this one.

Reed didn't flip on Keith, Keith and company flipped on Reed at the last tribal council. Reed voted for Jeremy because he was the only one of the minority alliance who knew that plan was happening. Keith however, after figuring out someone went through his bag, he, Wes and Alec decided that Jon and company would likely split the votes between him and Reed. And so, they threw all their votes to Reed, figuring that that would make most of the votes be for Reed and Keith still would not have to play his idol. It didn't matter of course because there was a plan to get rid of Jeremy but Reed never flipped on Keith. It was the other way around.

And in fact last week's tribal was again what made Keith's reaction at this week's tribal council even dumber to me. Because it was clear last week he knew the larger alliance figured out he had the idol, that there was a chance they would try and flush it out. And that was essentially what Reed's plan was built on - him convincing Jon and company he would vote with them in a way that would force Keith to play the idol while in fact he and Alec would vote with Keith and Wes for Jon. Keith knew that, Reed spelled it out to him as clearly as possible. So I have no idea why then he would get so panicked at Reed making a show of pointing out the likelihood of his having an idol at Tribal. Again, did Keith forget that this was not exactly a big secret?

Actually, if Reed and Alec really had intended to go along with the plan, then goading Keith or Wes into playing the idol would have been the best outcome:

This. That's exactly what I believe Reed's strategy was in calling out Keith's likely having the idol - it was to convince Jon and company even more that he was with them, to make them think he was making it clear to Keith they would be voting for him or Wes and so he would have to play the idol which is what they wanted and resulting in either Keith or Wes goes home no matter what. It was all to make them even more comfortable. Unfortunately for him, he didn't anticipate Keith's momentary freakout that then immediately set Natalie and Baylor's mind spinning. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 5

I don't like Natalie.   At all.   I hope she goes down in flames, or spittle, or whatever.

I had to laugh at how easily John's chivalrous pre-Tribal posturing ("I can't use the idol on myself, I have to protect Jaclyn") evaporated with just a whisper from Natalie.  

Whoever said it above, I agree -- the food reward at the baseball game left a very bad taste in my mouth.   Native kids gathered round watching the Great White Bunter filling his face with ice cream and other food.    That was cold.   The production company couldn't have spent a few hundred dollars more to bring ice cream for the kids too?   

I am sure the kids were given the same food earlier and they staged it for them to be in the stands while they ate!  No way would they not give the kids ice cream and food!    Survivor is very respectful to the countries they visit.  

Good episode.  I have been rooting for Natalie all along.  I like her and I am impressed with her smart playing this episode. Though I had to read this thread before I got that.   I do agree she has to watch Baylor closely and she knows that.  The editing left out any comments she had about not totally trusting Baylor.   

Edited by wings707
  • Love 9

All I saw were kids standing around salivating over John's ice cream.    Whether the kids actually got ice cream themselves will remain unknown unless somebody on the show says so.   For some reason I can't see the show omitting a scene where they treat all the local kiddies to a feast.   And even if they did feed them, it just looked bad.

• Love 7
I liked when he said to Jon,  I'm 53, how old are you?

Wait.  What?  Keith is 53?  I thought he was mid 60s!  

I could not stand the twinnies at all on TAR but I'm finding myself rooting more and more for Natalie.  The stress of physical challenges made her and her sister unbearable on TAR.  (Not to mention stealing from another team.)  Being by herself and dealing with mental challenges is making her more rootable.  We'll see how she wrangles the 4-4 split between the men and women next week.

Speaking of next week, will there be 2 eliminations?  

It would have been awesome had everyone voted for either Keith or Jon and none of the votes counted.  That would have been a Survivor first.  I assume they would have done a revote with no more immunity and Jon would have been voted out?

• Love 1
Speaking of Natalie, why didn't the other alliance go to her and say that it was Jon's idea to vote out Jeremy.  Surely, one of them would have known about it.  Perhaps they could have swayed Nat to their side.

I think Natalie did know that Jon was behind the Jeremy blindside or at least she knows it was all of them, which is why I have to believe despite her "Baylor is my number one" she is probably still wary of her which is smart. However, as she noted to Baylor, in her eyes, Reed is more dangerous than Jon and so she was determined to get him out before Jon. Also, even though editing didn't show it, I wouldn't be so sure that Reed didn't go to her or at least talk to her to get a sense of where her head was at. In my opinion, there had to be a reason he figured his best chance to get Jon out was the plan he came up with. I imagine it's because he realized the Jeremy vote was just that - one vote and that it didn't mean Baylor, Missy and yes even Natalie were quite ready to blindside Jon. 

What the hell?  Why so many idols?  Why don't they just give everyone one just for playing the game?  Is this Survivor or T-ball?

I don't think there were any more idols than we've seen in previous seasons. It just so happened none had been played yet so Keith for example who found his idol long before the swap even happened, still had one, Jon found the only one on exile and hadn't played it and Natalie realized that the one at the camp they were at, hadn't been found yet. I do imagine with the two being played last night, at least one will go back into play. Personally idols haven't bothered me this season not after last season with Tony, the one man idol finding machine. 

• Love 2

You didn't miss anything. He probably sat there staring off at the sea, not moving, not saying anything.

Wes turned out to be the quintessential non-entity as far as this game goes.

Regarding the kids playing baseball, I'd like to think that the producers treated the kids to something nice after the game, the hot dogs and popcorn to the reward winners was just given the extra emphasis.

I felt for Natalie when her spit attempt landed on her own shirt. Gross. And ew. I'd have wanted to jump down right then and there. Good on her for lasting three hours. Makes Jon's bailing out after 7 minutes for candy look a bit sad. Reed, however, rocked. Crazy that after all that time he took the effort to do the splits on the sand. Ouch. Impressive, I suppose, but you'd never find me trying it (not that I could do it without breaking something, heh).

Natalie already revealed that she wanted Jon gone, but knew she couldn't be rash about it and risk her own standing in the game. It's why bailing on her majority alliance to be bottom of another wasn't even considered by her. Finding the third hidden idol gave her the confidence to feel like she could control things from here on out.

And in the end, she got nearly everything she wished for - Jon's idol flushed and burned, Keith's flushed and burned, and Reed's alliance diminishes. On top of that, another couple is broken. She can target Reed or Jon at any time now.

• Love 4

I too think the kids got food earlier. There's no way hungry kids would sit around and not grab when the popcorn came out. That one kid probably just wanted more. I did like how Jon fed him right from his own spoon with no concern about the kid's germs.

I was convinced Jon was going to get blindsided when he and Jaclyn were THing about her lack of a uterus. I know it was mentioned in the first episode but I had forgotten about it. Usually, mention of some personal tragedy or difficulty on Survivor or TAR = philimination.

It would have been awesome had everyone voted for either Keith or Jon and none of the votes counted. That would have been a Survivor first. I assume they would have done a revote with no more immunity and Jon would have been voted out?

They'd have a revote with Jon and Keith being safe. Anyone else is fair game at that point. And this has happened before....right Donny? :)

• Love 1

"Sometimes you gotta risk it to get the biscuit."  - Wes

The Honey Boo Boo family (don't judge, I just watched one or two episodes out of curiosity) calls the female outer genitalia a "biscuit."  

I thought it was poor at the award baseball game that the survivors were all sitting in the stands eating popcorn and ice cream with children right beside them with neither. Surely Survivor can afford some ice cream etc. for a group of kids?   Or did I see it wrong?

As much as i would like to believe that Probst and Burnett would feed a bunch of kids, I can't make myself believe they would feed a bunch of kids and not show us.   There were 4 people at the reward, three of them have been been rewarded because of someone else making a sacrifice - Jon and Jaclyn went on the reward last week because Jeremy and Natalie gave up their spots, and Missy went this week because Reed gave up his spot.  Perhaps the producers thought that this theme of giving would rub off on the people that have benefited and they would give up some of their reward for the kids.  

It would have been awesome had everyone voted for either Keith or Jon and none of the votes counted.  That would have been a Survivor first.  I assume they would have done a revote with no more immunity and Jon would have been voted out?

I think Jon and Keith would stay immuned -  they would re-vote but no one could vote for Jon or Keith - or for Reed, who would still have immunity.  This would have been very interesting, I have no idea who they would have voted for.

• Love 2

I felt for Natalie when her spit attempt landed on her own shirt. Gross. And ew. I'd have wanted to jump down right then and there.

I forgot about that. I guess we can't all hock loogies like Keith.

fishcakes . . . better halfwits than the quarterwits of Nicaragua. Remember Fabio and the others? Not good times.

Wes would have gone home in that situation. Jon's alliance would have recognised Reed's deception and they would have said out loud to vote for their #2 target, Wes. Four votes for Wes. Reed, Wes and Alec would vote for someone else, probably Jaclyn. Wes is out.

As much as i would like to believe that Probst and Burnett would feed a bunch of kids, I can't make myself believe they would feed a bunch of kids and not show us. There were 4 people at the reward, three of them have been been rewarded because of someone else making a sacrifice - Jon and Jaclyn went on the reward last week because Jeremy and Natalie gave up their spots, and Missy went this week because Reed gave up his spot. Perhaps the producers thought that this theme of giving would rub off on the people that have benefited and they would give up some of their reward for the kids.

Why should they? They had already done the producers orders and helped to give out the equipment. They all seemed really moved by that, especially Missy. They are starving and the big part of any reward is the food. I don't blame them for not giving up the food to the kids. It's up to the producers to take care of the kids, not the starving contestants. Jon is looking fairly skinny and Alec looks almost skeletal.

Has there ever been an episode when two idols were played in the same tribal council, and both idols saved each person who played them?

Last season Tony played one of his many idols on LJ. LJ then immediately played his idol on Tony. They were both safe, but it was moot because neither of them got any votes. I think. Edited by blackwing
  • Love 1

Yeah, but which knucklehead spelled it Wess?

Yeah, but which knucklehead spelled it Wess?

Sorry - seeing double!

Not that ignorance and/or malnutrition aren't sufficient explanations, but survivors have long used deliberate misspellings or decorations to determine if their vote is one of the one's shown.

So, it could have been stupid to be clever, or just stupid. Given that it was Jon, probably the second.

Edited by Latverian Diplomat

Last season Tony played one of his many idols on LJ. LJ then immediately played his idol on Tony. They were both safe, but it was moot because neither of them got any votes. I think.

I'm actually wondering about idols being played when the player would have been eliminated -- I can't think of an episode when two different players would have been eliminated if they had not played the idol.  I thought it was a treat to see idols actually deployed at the right moment -- and twice in one tribal council! 

• Love 2

I think I could watch this whole season twice and still not understand who is on what side with who.

One thing I liked was Baylor and Natalie finding the Idol and running around in circles afterwards.

I would have grabbed the tray and run off into the woods, Woo-style.

Giggling forever at work reading this

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 1

Man, I loved this episode. It was hilarious. I actually enjoy all these idiots now. The men are just so fucking dumb and it provides me much amusement.

And in the end, she wimped out and took the middle road:  "You should play your idol. <shrug> Up to you."  (I hope Jon doesn't take all the credit for that.)

I have no doubt Jon will take the credit. He already did immediately. Jon seems almost as stupid as Wes/Keith/Alec IMO.

I thought Natalie blamed Missy. Remember her immediate, "WTF, Missy?" after the vote?

Natalie thought Missy and her were tight, so I assumed that was more about how could she betray their alliance/not be truthful with Natalie than about thinking Missy orchestrated getting Jeremy out. In this ep she was immediately talking about how Jon was running things.

I am sure the kids were given the same food earlier and they staged it for them to be in the stands while they ate!  No way would they not give the kids ice cream and food! 

I'm fairly certain they showed at least some of the kids eating at least popcorn. But then they had the scene of the kid eyeing Jon's ice cream, so now I'm not sure if I was seeing things before. If they did give the kids food it makes no sense for them to not show it because it makes them look awful.

Speaking of next week, will there be 2 eliminations? 

Next week they're actually just showing two episodes (it's not one 2 hour episode), so there will be 2 boots. 

So, I'm a little confused about where Natalie's idol came from? Did they re-bury the one Rocker found? Did they spawn a new idol at merge? It was news to me that another idol was available to be found. 

I was wondering about that, too. When that was shown in the promo I was confused because I didn't think there was an idol to be found. Is the merged tribe on the yellow tribe's beach? If so, maybe they rehid John Rocker's idol and it's only now that these dumbasses thought to look for it. Or maybe they just hid an idol at merge. I believe they normally do that, but there weren't any clues with the merge feast, so I assumed they didn't hide one this season. Then again, maybe there was a clue and we just didn't see it. Curse the terrible editing!

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 2

I still cannot believe Natalie looked for the idol with Baylor.... I mean come on Natalie you gave up your reward for Jon and Jacklyn and they blindsided you and Jeremy last week you find an idol with Baylor and then you tell Jon to play his idol would it not have made so much more sense to team up with Alec Reed Keith and Wes and take out the power couple and the worthless mom and daughter... mind you Baylor knows Nat has an idol do you really think she isnt going to tell Missy who will then tell King Jon. I feel so bad for Reed and really wish he didnt give up his reward.  Ugh if only Keith kept his big mouth shut!!! Grrr

• Love 3

I'm fairly certain they showed at least some of the kids eating at least popcorn. But then they had the scene of the kid eyeing Jon's ice cream, so now I'm not sure if I was seeing things before. If they did give the kids food it makes no sense for them to not show it because it makes them look awful.

There was a lot to show on this episode (finally) so it makes sense to cut the kids eating.  I doubt it crossed their minds that some viewers would think they did not feed the children.  No soup for you!  Never happen. 

• Love 3

They'd have a revote with Jon and Keith being safe. Anyone else is fair game at that point. And this has happened before....right Donny? :)

. . . Really?

I'm not as big a Survivor buff as I am with TAR, but I do know the answer to this.  No, a revote based on idols being played has never happened, as far as I can remember.  Even when idols have been played, someone's always gone home.

• Love 4

After actually watching this episode, I can safely conclude that Keith's got absolutely no shot at winning this game.  It's been apparent since the week he first found his idol that he was way too stupid to win, but damn!  He really proved it this week!  Not only did he singlehandedly blow up what could've been a fantastic plan (Reed did slip up a tiny bit, but it could still have worked if not for Keith's own panic), but he basically got his own son voted out in the process!  Good job, Keith!  If you get to the end, see if you get any jury votes with that performance!  Dumb-ass.

Love Natalie and love that her plan worked.  Okay, okay, so it didn't work in the way she wanted, as Reed got immunity, but Wes, one of the men on the other side, still went home, and now, she might have the numbers to turn on Jon in one of next week's two episodes, unless she wants to further ensure her numbers and get at least one more of the others out first.  Or just target Reed before him.  Somehow, with her having the only idol, I have an inkling that her plan might very well come to fruition.  It's just a question of when and how it does.

I just wish she didn't trust Baylor so much when Baylor was one of the parties responsible for her sister going home first.

Hope Jon goes home soon.  He really is getting way too comfortable and complacent for my liking.  But for now, the main alliance needs him for numbers, and he thinks he's in control, so best to let him float for at least another vote or two.

Hope Jaclyn can show that she's truly not Jon's appendage.

Great episode!

• Love 5