Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Lisin

RHoNJ in the Media: Paparazzi Whore!

Recommended Posts


Caroline has been estranged from Dina for several years. She may well be siding with her BIL and his "fambly" ties.

Edited by Sew Sumi · Reason: That was weird
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Not much info but this is part of the reason I can't hate on Caroline. No denials, no blaming cast members. Granted, since this has been ongoing for 5 years the extended family had to expect these charges.

The other thing is how little sense this makes (not that there's logic in violent crime). Tommy & Dina didn't have children, Tommy didn't seem particularly involved in Dina's life when they were married and they had been separated for several years before the first attack on the boyfriend. Abusive, jealous behavior doesn't follow reason however I'm surprised if Tommy is guilty that there haven't been other incidents reported or it hasn't come out that he was a suspect until the arrest.

(Of course Jim Marchese opened his big mouth after the second attack, which revealed a lot more about himself than the actual crime.)

  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post

I never believed from day 1 that this Brownstone events venue could possibly support the Manzo family (Tommy’s or Al’s), in the manner in which they’ve lived for years. I always felt there was some mob connection in some way. It just didn’t add up. 

Edited by zenme
  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post

I’m surprised he cared that much for Dina to go these lengths. On the original wedding show, he didn’t seem interested, the mention of his lack of fidelity. 
 

Of course from all the ID I watch I know there are other reasons for this behaviour but what I’m saying is he never seemed to show much interest in Dina, the marriage at all. 

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
57 minutes ago, zenme said:

I never believed from day 1 that this Brownstone events venue could possibly support the Manzo family (Tommy’s or Al’s), in the manner in which they’ve lived for years. I always felt there was some mob connection in some way. It just didn’t add up. 

You think they launder money for the mob? That would be my guess. Feds would do well to investigate those books.

  • Like 4
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, LemonSoda said:

I’m surprised he cared that much for Dina to go these lengths. On the original wedding show, he didn’t seem interested, the mention of his lack of fidelity. 

Of course from all the ID I watch I know there are other reasons for this behaviour but what I’m saying is he never seemed to show much interest in Dina, the marriage at all. 

My first take when this broke is that the boyfriend was the target separate from Dina. Remember all the rumors about the Tommy/Dina marriage being a sham? It doesn't fit that this is some kind of love triangle.

I didn't find Caroline's statement to be dismissive of her sister. They don't talk and Dina's spoken out against Caroline several times since she left the show. It doesn't make a lot of sense that she would declare her brother in law guilty before a trial starts, however I did take her "we're heartbroken/I want to know the truth" comments as a mild indication she thought Tommy was guilty af.

  • Like 5
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, chick binewski said:

My first take when this broke is that the boyfriend was the target separate from Dina. Remember all the rumors about the Tommy/Dina marriage being a sham? It doesn't fit that this is some kind of love triangle.

I didn't find Caroline's statement to be dismissive of her sister. They don't talk and Dina's spoken out against Caroline several times since she left the show. It doesn't make a lot of sense that she would declare her brother in law guilty before a trial starts, however I did take her "we're heartbroken/I want to know the truth" comments as a mild indication she thought Tommy was guilty af.

Yeah. It’s like she’s not ruled out that Tommy could be guilty. There was no, “I’ve known this man for decades and there’s no way he’d ever do something like this.”

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

They're heartbroken because he got caught. 

I wonder if when they'll start complaining about how unfair law enforcement is to take him away from his fambly and business. Will they call it "prison". Oh, how the tables have turned -if only Al or the boys were somehow implicated,...Hey, there's an opening in upper management at The Brownstone; the boys can have a steady job now!

I don't wish ill on them, but I've always felt the Manzos judged and treated others as if they were not as good, or beneath them.

 

 

  • Like 9
  • Useful 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, SweetieDarling said:

I don't wish ill on them, but I've always felt the Manzos judged and treated others as if they were not as good, or beneath them.

 

This has always been my number one problem with them. A lot of superiority and entitlement that makes it hard to have any empathy or interest. 

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post

I can't help it. I love a Kim D. interview. There are a few quotes from Al as well. 

I understand my knowledge of this family comes from never having met them and just discussing them on the interwebs, but I STILL am finding it hard to believe the jilted husband angle. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, chick binewski said:

I can't help it. I love a Kim D. interview. There are a few quotes from Al as well. 

I understand my knowledge of this family comes from never having met them and just discussing them on the interwebs, but I STILL am finding it hard to believe the jilted husband angle. 

Me too. I mean, the guy really didn’t show any interest in her. That wedding tv show they did was very awkward. He was unfaithful and she seemed more in to the decor than actual marriage.
Then from what I remember (it’s been a while) from Dina’s intro to the show she was more braggy about material things. I remember something about the looks from women when she was driving his car? Which if what little we know about her is true (she was struggling, working as a manicurist) and suddenly she’s driving a Mercedes and has $2,000 purses, some women will look the other way for financial security. It’s sad but it happens. 
 

I know weddings, engagement parties are a huge thing in that area but to this day I’m curious how the Brownstone keeps an extended family so wealthy. Of course I realize that a lot of the flash ($100k cars, bags, jewelry) can and probably is leased, charged on credit. 
Other venues seem to be taking over in popularity so I’m curious. Finances are a private thing but they’ve all put their business out there for years. Also they’ve had no problem discussing the finances, legal problems of others publicly. 

  • Like 5
  • Useful 3

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, LemonSoda said:

Me too. I mean, the guy really didn’t show any interest in her. That wedding tv show they did was very awkward. He was unfaithful and she seemed more in to the decor than actual marriage.
Then from what I remember (it’s been a while) from Dina’s intro to the show she was more braggy about material things. I remember something about the looks from women when she was driving his car? Which if what little we know about her is true (she was struggling, working as a manicurist) and suddenly she’s driving a Mercedes and has $2,000 purses, some women will look the other way for financial security. It’s sad but it happens. 
 

I know weddings, engagement parties are a huge thing in that area but to this day I’m curious how the Brownstone keeps an extended family so wealthy. Of course I realize that a lot of the flash ($100k cars, bags, jewelry) can and probably is leased, charged on credit. 
Other venues seem to be taking over in popularity so I’m curious. Finances are a private thing but they’ve all put their business out there for years. Also they’ve had no problem discussing the finances, legal problems of others publicly. 

I grew up and lived most of my life in northern NJ and The Brownstone's business has always seemed to be very steady. It has a great central location and and a lot of folks in the tri-state area love a banquet hall. From my friends and family who have held or attended events there the big draw is that you don't get a lot of surprises - you know what you're paying for and that's what you get.

I do believe Dina is a victim here but her story has always been murky. People make a lot of her "feud" with Caroline but I actually think Jacqueline played a bigger part in the family fractures. Remember table-flip night when Jac was all 'the whole town knows about you, Dina!' and Caroline telling Jac to be quiet and she should just feel sorry for her? (Jac & Dina may have a separate issue bc allegedly Chris was engaged to Dina's friend and he broke it off when he met Jac in Vegas.) The gossip sites (for whatever they're worth) state unequivocally the Tommy/Dina union was a sham and the reason I have zero problem believing it was bc you never saw Tommy anywhere. Even in the family's sm postings the dude is like the invisible man.

  • Like 6
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, chick binewski said:

I do believe Dina is a victim here but her story has always been murky. People make a lot of her "feud" with Caroline but I actually think Jacqueline played a bigger part in the family fractures. Remember table-flip night when Jac was all 'the whole town knows about you, Dina!' and Caroline telling Jac to be quiet and she should just feel sorry for her? (Jac & Dina may have a separate issue bc allegedly Chris was engaged to Dina's friend and he broke it off when he met Jac in Vegas.) The gossip sites (for whatever they're worth) state unequivocally the Tommy/Dina union was a sham and the reason I have zero problem believing it was bc you never saw Tommy anywhere. Even in the family's sm postings the dude is like the invisible man.

Jacq is a crap stirrer extraordinaire so I’d believe that. I think Caroline helped keep a wrap on a lot of their business getting out but I think Jacq added tons of drama to the fambly. Didn’t they get in a physical fight once? 
 

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, LemonSoda said:

Jacq is a crap stirrer extraordinaire so I’d believe that. I think Caroline helped keep a wrap on a lot of their business getting out but I think Jacq added tons of drama to the fambly. Didn’t they get in a physical fight once? 

Yas Jacqueline punched Caroline in the face! Neither of them really talked about it, Caroline just said she forgave it and it was Jac's post-partum. Teresa was the one who kept bringing it up on RH and then Dina addressed it in an interview.

I think Jacqueline tends to wig out before she considers facts and I think Chris is very loyal to her. Caroline tries to present a united front but she strongly implied on WWHL that the divide is bc Dina won't associate with Chris when Jacqueline is around.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

24 minutes ago, chick binewski said:

Yas Jacqueline punched Caroline in the face! Neither of them really talked about it, Caroline just said she forgave it and it was Jac's post-partum. Teresa was the one who kept bringing it up on RH and then Dina addressed it in an interview.

I think Jacqueline tends to wig out before she considers facts and I think Chris is very loyal to her. Caroline tries to present a united front but she strongly implied on WWHL that the divide is bc Dina won't associate with Chris when Jacqueline is around.

That’s what I was thinking about in an earlier post. I think they have a more dysfunctional family dynamic than the Gorgas but the Gorgas put it all out there. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

This is off topic but I was just rewatching the 1st season of NJ and realized the jewelry store Albert and Caroline decided to shop in was none other than Jennifer's dad's shop! It showed the dad waiting on them and his name on the shop 'Aaron Basha'.  The female worker (who favored Jennifer's sister a little) pulled out a turquoise and diamond ring telling Caroline she'd thought of her when she saw the ring was turquoise as if she knew her well.  I guess I thought Jennifer was some unknown girl from Turkey who caught some producers attention and got cast on the show as something different.  But now I think the whole group of them know each other.  I mean, from season 1! 

(Caroline hanging on to Albert and calling him her Prince Charming was pretty sickening... I dont know how much of this season I'm going to be able to handle.  And Teresa with those totally flat bubbies!! I'd forgotten about that, haha!)

  • Like 3
  • Useful 4

Share this post


Link to post
On 9/20/2020 at 6:47 PM, stcroix said:

This is off topic but I was just rewatching the 1st season of NJ and realized the jewelry store Albert and Caroline decided to shop in was none other than Jennifer's dad's shop! It showed the dad waiting on them and his name on the shop 'Aaron Basha'.  The female worker (who favored Jennifer's sister a little) pulled out a turquoise and diamond ring telling Caroline she'd thought of her when she saw the ring was turquoise as if she knew her well.  I guess I thought Jennifer was some unknown girl from Turkey who caught some producers attention and got cast on the show as something different.  But now I think the whole group of them know each other.  I mean, from season 1! 

(Caroline hanging on to Albert and calling him her Prince Charming was pretty sickening... I dont know how much of this season I'm going to be able to handle.  And Teresa with those totally flat bubbies!! I'd forgotten about that, haha!)

Great catch! I need to go back and watch again! It’s funny how much we forget or don’t notice on these shows until later. 
LOL! I loved her original hair though. The dark curls. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

On 9/20/2020 at 9:47 PM, stcroix said:

This is off topic but I was just rewatching the 1st season of NJ and realized the jewelry store Albert and Caroline decided to shop in was none other than Jennifer's dad's shop! It showed the dad waiting on them and his name on the shop 'Aaron Basha'.  The female worker (who favored Jennifer's sister a little) pulled out a turquoise and diamond ring telling Caroline she'd thought of her when she saw the ring was turquoise as if she knew her well.  I guess I thought Jennifer was some unknown girl from Turkey who caught some producers attention and got cast on the show as something different.  But now I think the whole group of them know each other.  I mean, from season 1! 

(Caroline hanging on to Albert and calling him her Prince Charming was pretty sickening... I dont know how much of this season I'm going to be able to handle.  And Teresa with those totally flat bubbies!! I'd forgotten about that, haha!)

I listened to a podcast a while ago that Jennifer was a guest on (can't remember which one now), but Jennifer did say that several of the women had recommended her for the show, but the producers didn't really seek her out until she completed her gaudy ass (my words, not hers) house. 

  • Useful 3

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, luckyroll3 said:

I listened to a podcast a while ago that Jennifer was a guest on (can't remember which one now), but Jennifer did say that several of the women had recommended her for the show, but the producers didn't really seek her out until she completed her gaudy ass (my words, not hers) house. 

Well, in Bravo’s defense it is easy to fit a lot of crew and cameras into the monstrosity 😜

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post

He pled guilty.

reputed-mobster-pleads-guilty-to-attack-on-dina-manzos-husband

Perna and an associate followed Cantin to a strip mall in Passaic County and attacked him in the parking lot with a slap jack, the indictment says.

In exchange, Perna received a steep discount for his wedding reception at Tommy Manzo’s catering hall, The Brownstone, in Paterson a month after the assault.

Many of the 330 guests were members of the Lucchese crime family, according to prosecutors.

Manzo was also indicted on racketeering and conspiracy charges for the attack. His case is still pending.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Like 3
  • Useful 3

Share this post


Link to post
On 12/18/2020 at 1:31 PM, emmawoodhouse said:

They just got 2.5? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Maybe the land is valuable? All I can think of is the cardboard sink. 😂

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post

On 12/25/2020 at 7:11 PM, LemonSoda said:

Maybe the land is valuable? All I can think of is the cardboard sink. 😂

 

The cardboard sink wasn't the black hair spray, nothing is if I ranked top reality moments that's my #1, but definitely a memorable moment of the show. 

 

What are the odds Teresa's main priority is getting 2.6 for her place now?

On 9/20/2020 at 9:47 PM, stcroix said:

This is off topic but I was just rewatching the 1st season of NJ and realized the jewelry store Albert and Caroline decided to shop in was none other than Jennifer's dad's shop! It showed the dad waiting on them and his name on the shop 'Aaron Basha'.  The female worker (who favored Jennifer's sister a little) pulled out a turquoise and diamond ring telling Caroline she'd thought of her when she saw the ring was turquoise as if she knew her well.  I guess I thought Jennifer was some unknown girl from Turkey who caught some producers attention and got cast on the show as something different.  But now I think the whole group of them know each other.  I mean, from season 1! 

(Caroline hanging on to Albert and calling him her Prince Charming was pretty sickening... I dont know how much of this season I'm going to be able to handle.  And Teresa with those totally flat bubbies!! I'd forgotten about that, haha!)

 

This is going back, but while I did not catch that about Jennifer, it does not surprise me. Delores can be seen back in season 1 and it took until Teresa was going away to bring her on. Melissa and Kathy are seen at Audriana's Christening no doubt dying for that camera time. They can be recommended, vie (Melissa and Kathy) or scouted because of having some other known following w/ a connection ie DJ Envy's wife and the wife of Buddy "Cake Boss" Valastro were both approached years ago back when I think we ended up with the twins (and last season Buddy/Carlo's cakes were on the show who knows, maybe now that the kids are older the wife wants the option open? Or they could legit know each other in the world of reality show NJ Italians.)

 

I always thought Tommy and Dina's wedding was a sham and also that Jaq caused the Dina/Caroline rift (well, partly, Caroline will always pick a male fambly member -Chris- in this case over a female one and that's Caroline's shit to work out.) Caroline and Lauren have a history of ignorant comments about abused women, Caroline once said she wasn't the type to ever "let someone abuse her" (ignorant over simplification of how abusers work) and Lauren said well Janay Rice still married him after he hit her in the elevator so why should the public weigh in (because maybe she's afraid to leave, you twit.) Do they have an opinion on this? 

Edited by Gigi43
  • Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Surprise 3

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/13/2021 at 6:41 PM, snarts said:

 

Some notes on that preview:

  • - Don't blame Joe Giudice for mom's death, Gorga. Teresa wasn't not innocent in those crimes and didn't she get a respiratory infection? She didn't drop dead of a heart attack. Why are these people acting shocked though that Joe Giudice would talk shit on Gorga? I can't remember any physical fight between the two that Juicy started, pretty sure it was always Gorga who started banging on tables or charged him. Gorga is always going to force me to defend Juicy more than I care too, isn't he? They're going to scapegoat him endlessly. Gorga's back to banging on tables. Joy. 
  • -Melissa and Joe will continue to create any shit for a story. Last year it was a baby. This year they're playing up cheating rumors? It seems Jackie may be ramping up some fake stories of her own with Evan, unless its editing wackiness misdirects. 
  • -NY and NJ have been so locked down where and when the filming and those parties supposed to have  taken place? Cuomo and Murphy were railing against parties all summer. I wonder if they get to following whatever rules are allowing filming for shows to take place and not, say, indoor dining/ gathering capacity rules? 
  • The lack of Tony Bill is disappointing but considering he's a doctor he may be staying away from people more publicly than the rest who don't have jobs beyond HW or may be working from home (Evan, perhaps) because of COVID. 
Edited by Gigi43
  • Like 4
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

I think the cheating rumors

Spoiler

are around Jackie and Evan, allegedly she didn't go on the trip this season because she was so pissed off about the whole thing, and Teresa for fueling the speculation. 

 And quite honestly, I think it's all b.s. for the show - perhaps made up by T for the sake of drama and ratings?  I also think that this season it's her turn to be in the hot seat in a way that doesn't stem from her taking the moral high ground and pissing people off.  I feel like when you sign up for this show, you know that some aspect of your life is going to be tested/attacked, especially if you don't bring it on yourself naturally, the way others do.    

So, there are all these people who come out and say "if people really knew about Joe and Melissa."  Can somebody please tell what there is to know about Joe and Melissa besides them being famewhores who were kind of slimey about how they got on the show?  Their wealth has never made much sense to me.

I don't like seeing Margaret screaming and crying at Joe.  That makes me sad because I actually really like those two.  They seem really authentic.  

I HOPE, if those scenes with Jen play out the way it's portrayed, she pulls back from the booze a little bit, if not all together.  

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
On 2/21/2021 at 11:17 AM, Chatty Cake said:

That piece of pig shit, Jackie needs to apologize to Gia. 

LOL, according to the story you linked, she did apologize.  

  • Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

6 hours ago, lasu said:

LOL, according to the story you linked, she did apologize.  

I doubt Pigshit was sincere and since the Giudice family attorney was involved, I’m guessing it was a legal move to avoid legal action. For a lawyer she’s pretty dumb.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

My understanding is that Jackie and Gia did communicate this week and Jackie apologized and I do believe her apology was sincere. Gia is an amazing young woman and both of her parents are very proud of her. This should have never happened.

I'm not sure there's any apology that would be good enough from a woman you refer to as "Pigshit."  There's no legal ramifications from this regardless.

  • Like 7
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
On 2/22/2021 at 5:17 PM, Chatty Cake said:

I doubt Pigshit was sincere and since the Giudice family attorney was involved, I’m guessing it was a legal move to avoid legal action. For a lawyer she’s pretty dumb.

That loser attorney Leonard is still hanging around?  He’s involved in everything.  He’s always popping by trying to get his face on tv.

He’s involved because he’s always “involved” if there is a video camera or a pagesix article to be written.  Jackie didn’t do anything illegal. 

Edited by heatherchandler
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

 

3 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

That loser attorney Leonard is still hanging around?  He’s involved in everything.  He’s always popping by trying to get his face on tv.

He’s involve because he’s always “involved” if there is a video camera or a pagesix article to be written.  Jackie didn’t do anything illegal. 


Yes, the fact that I am defending Teresa and the circus that accompanies her shows how much I detest Jackie.

 

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

 


Yes, the fact that I am defending Teresa and the circus that accompanies her shows how much I detest Jackie.

 

I get it, with most housewives shows I am picking favorites by who I hate the least, or the enemy of the person I hate the most!  I actually do like Jackie, not sure why.  Maybe because Evan is hot.  🙂  But Teresa is my most hated housewife, ergo I like anyone who hates her.

 

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post
On 2/25/2021 at 7:15 AM, heatherchandler said:

I get it, with most housewives shows I am picking favorites by who I hate the least, or the enemy of the person I hate the most!  I actually do like Jackie, not sure why.  Maybe because Evan is hot.  🙂  But Teresa is my most hated housewife, ergo I like anyone who hates her.

 

And that is completely justified. Housewife team picking is about your heart. I just hate both Jacki and Teresa so in this fight I think they’re both wrong. Seriously, somewhere around the end of last season they both became two of my most hated housewives. I want both off the show.

Edited by FozzyBear
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

4 hours ago, FozzyBear said:

And that is completely justified. Housewife team picking is about your heart. I just hate both Jacki and Teresa so in this fight I think they’re both wrong. Seriously, somewhere around the end of last season they both became two of my most hated housewives. I want both off the show.

It really is. And I'm a fickle b*tch. Now that Danielle is gone, I don't hate HATE anyone on the show, so I'm fluid in my reactions.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Please give us a couple of rich,  fun howives for Jen to face-plant with

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

I've been on/off with NJ throughout the years.

I am enjoying this season.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Yikes if that is true. Teresa sure knows how to pick them. I read somewhere he was charged with assault as well for some road rage thing.

  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size