Type keyword(s) to search

RHoNJ in the Media: Paparazzi Whore!

• Start Topic

On 2/11/2020 at 2:14 PM, Gigi43 said:

I didn't see a Bill/Jennifer thread I hope it's okay to drop this here. It seems RHONJ isn't Jens first show. I was down a YouTube rabbit hole of NJ after show interviews and I also in general watch a lot of cooking videos on YouTube,  which is probably how I saw in among the up next list a Turkish cooking show. The thumbnail looked like Jennifer. Apparently it was. There are several episodes and were posted in 2011. The descriptions are in Turkish but the show gives me a public access not an Internet show vibe. She's so toned down personality wise . I can see Bill being married to this Jennifer. 

https://youtu.be/3ApidRst6vk

Anyone else notice around the 5:00 mark, right after Jennifer talks about how important a clean kitchen is, she takes her hands that have just been mixing raw meat, wipes them on a dish towel, then keeps on going touching everything else? Is e.coli a popular part of Turkish cooking too?

• LOL 3
  • Love 6

There are a few different ways to make kibbeh.

Kibbeh nayyeh is eaten raw - ground and mixed with bulgur wheat and spices. You eat it with pita bread and olive oil and sometimes with some onion.  It is generally served as an appetizer.  Consider it middle eastern steak tartare.

Baked kibbeh is basically the same mix as kibbeh nayyeh, maybe with some pine nuts thrown in, and baked.  Pieces are usually cut into triangles.  You can have it as part of a mezze course or as a main dish.  

The turkish "meatballs" are kibbeh balls.  You take the kibbeh mixture and form into boat or half football shape, fill it with a ground mixture of lamb, pine nuts and onion and then close off the boat or other half of the football shape with the kibbeh mixture.  This kibbeh is fried.

I've never seen the kibbeh balls served raw, although different cultures do things differently.  What i outlined are the three traditional ways of doing kibbeh from a lebanese or syrian standpoint (keep in mind lebanon didn't exist as an independent country until the 1940s)

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

Joe Gorga was caught lying. In this now deleted post he claims he flipped this house. It's not even the same house, he took the picture from someone's Instagram. The owner of the house called him out and he deleted the post.

image.png.e10e66ca6b7f467500bcfef7eb1cdc18.png

giphy.gif

Edited by druzy
  • LOL 17
  • Love 4

Joe also claimed that this was his creative idea when it was really designed by architect, Francis A.Nelson.

image.thumb.png.353c8d0a073c9cbbd276f6772af3decb.png

Another stolen photo of a bathroom he claims was in one of his flips. The realtor website lists it as new construction.

image.thumb.png.e30e5fa8b0e7d4ca2a0b2f6b81bee5d3.png

Edited by druzy
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, druzy said:

Joe Gorga was caught lying. In this now deleted post he claims he flipped this house. It's not even the same house, he took the picture from someone's Instagram. The owner of the house called him out and he deleted the post.

image.png.e10e66ca6b7f467500bcfef7eb1cdc18.png

giphy.gif

Ahaha. I didn't even know he still did the the flips they've had so many businesses . I still can't believe they showed the that counter top had the thin layer of granite then the wood under in season 5. People expect the whole thing even I know that. Who would buy a house from him after that. 

Edited by Gigi43
  • Love 4
10 minutes ago, Gigi43 said:

Ahaha. I didn't even know he still did that. I still can't believe they showed the that counter top had the thin layer of granite then the wood under in season 5. People expect the whole thing even I know that. Who would buy a house from him after that. 

I really don't think he ever built anything comparable to those houses. 🤷‍♀️ He is doing seminars on how to flip houses and he's stealing pictures to promote it. Like you said, what can you expect from someone like him.

Edited by druzy
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, druzy said:

Like you said, what can you expect from someone like him.

My favorite Joe Gorga moment happened during the long, dark night of the Guidice/Gorga feud. He and Teresa are arguing at the gym about whose spouse is worse and Joe brings up the way Joe Guidice talks to her. He said something along the line of "I speak to her with respect! I don't call my wife a c***! I'll look her straight in the face and tell her "Bitch- shut up!" That is just quintessential Gorgatude to me. 

• LOL 12

He said something along the line of "I speak to her with respect! I don't call my wife a c***! I'll look her straight in the face and tell her "Bitch- shut up!" That is just quintessential Gorgatude to me. 

giphy.gif

Edited by Hiyo
  • LOL 6
3 hours ago, Iris987 said:

My favorite Joe Gorga moment happened during the long, dark night of the Guidice/Gorga feud. He and Teresa are arguing at the gym about whose spouse is worse and Joe brings up the way Joe Guidice talks to her. He said something along the line of "I speak to her with respect! I don't call my wife a c***! I'll look her straight in the face and tell her "Bitch- shut up!" That is just quintessential Gorgatude to me. 

I mean, what are seeing this season is just another example of the Gorgas using the shortcomings of Giudice to prop themselves.  But Joe Gorga is equally gross.  Just because Juicy is an ass doesn't make Gorga a saint.

What's worse?  The verbal abuse of Joe Giudice or constantly being manhandled and badgered for sex, even when you clearly aren't interested, having to apologize or make constant excuses to your angry and pissed off husband for NOT wanting sex one night, being used for an outlet for anger through sex (remember JoeGo and his statement that when he gets angry with Tre he goes home for sex with Melissa?  Wth?), being denigrated for your career in front of your children, just to name a few?

I could see where neither man is a gem to bring home to mom. 

• Love 7
16 hours ago, druzy said:

I really don't think he ever built anything comparable to those houses. 🤷‍♀️ He is doing seminars on how to flip houses and he's stealing pictures to promote it. Like you said, what can you expect from someone like him.

I was going to ask - why would he be doing this fake flips stuff.  Of course he is trying to get into the seminar game.  I am sure he will go far (HAHAHAHHAHA).

• LOL 4
18 hours ago, BrindaWalsh said:

I could see where neither man is a gem to bring home to mom. 

Yeah, it's like choosing between two fatal diseases. Neither are going to make you very happy, but in very different ways. I think Teresa got the better deal though- at least her gross spouse has been exiled to another continent. I have no idea what Melissa sees in Joe Gorga. He's short. He's not that attractive. He's a misogynist. He's trying to turn their sons into misogynists. He's trying to narrow his daughter's options down to a single one- homemaker. And, to bring it back to the thread topic, he lies about flipping houses and then attempts to place all the blame onto his social media manager.

• Love 6

I follow him on Instagram idk why really lol but I’ve always thought his before and after pics never look like  the same house.

He also claims he completely renovated a warehouse I think  into an apartment building but I don’t believe it.

He constantly posts these stupid so called inspiration things too and it’s the corniest shit. He hashtags everything #growithgorga.

He’s just a fake sleaze.

• Love 6

Not sure where this goes but since it falls into the realm of advertising I will put this here.  Driving down Route 4 west yesterdat who was smiling down on me from a bill board way up high in the sky?  Dr. Bill himself in a billboard for Aydin Plastic Surgery.

The best part?  The placement.  They put it right across from the Shops at Riverside, a high end mall in the area, probably the most high end, where the would be housewives of NJ shop for their Louis Vuitton and Bottega bags, before going into the Jimmy Choo boutique for a fab pair of heels.

Brilliant placement.  They know their clientele.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, BrindaWalsh said:

Not sure where this goes but since it falls into the realm of advertising I will put this here.  Driving down Route 4 west yesterdat who was smiling down on me from a bill board way up high in the sky?  Dr. Bill himself in a billboard for Aydin Plastic Surgery.

The best part?  The placement.  They put it right across from the Shops at Riverside, a high end mall in the area, probably the most high end, where the would be housewives of NJ shop for their Louis Vuitton and Bottega bags, before going into the Jimmy Choo boutique for a fab pair of heels.

Brilliant placement.  They know their clientele.  

Ughhhhhhh!!! All you did here was remind me that the closest LV store to me is like 250 miles away and it makes me SO MAD.  All I want is to not have to order my merch.  Guess that’s what I get for living in flyover land.  

The Jersey Shore / AC is on me and my besties bucket list.  We did LA / Vanderpump last fall.  JS is next up!!!

• Love 3

@geauxaway Skip AC.  People think one thing about AC and then are surprised at how seedy it is (at least for right now)

If you want a quintessential Jersey Shore experience, with an element of yesteryear tossed into it, consider Cape May.  

If you want to go to where the Housewives spend their vacation, make your way further north to Point Pleasant and hang out at Jenkinson's Beach where they were this past episode, head to LBI to possibly spot Tre & the Gang or Seaside, not to far from Melissa's stomping grounds of Toms River.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
45 minutes ago, BrindaWalsh said:

@geauxaway Skip AC.  People think one thing about AC and then are surprised at how seedy it is (at least for right now)

If you want a quintessential Jersey Shore experience, with an element of yesteryear tossed into it, consider Cape May.  

If you want to go to where the Housewives spend their vacation, make your way further north to Point Pleasant and hang out at Jenkinson's Beach where they were this past episode, head to LBI to possibly spot Tre & the Gang or Seaside, not to far from Melissa's stomping grounds of Toms River.  

Thank you!  My dream is to stay at the Shore house from JS.  I know, I know.....but I can’t quit those guys.  Just like I can’t quit these fools.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
16 hours ago, geauxaway said:

AC is on me and my besties bucket list.

You may be a little disappointed in AC, the shine has rubbed off a bit and the streets behind the boardwalk are sad. If you do go try (months before you go), to get a reservation at Chef Volo's, I have never successfully gotten in the door but it is supposed to be amazing.  Budakan is my current fave.  

• Useful 3
On 2/24/2020 at 1:01 PM, geauxaway said:

Thank you!  My dream is to stay at the Shore house from JS.  I know, I know.....but I can’t quit those guys.  Just like I can’t quit these fools.

The original seaside house? Some friends rented it a few years ago and had a blast! I hope it happens for you! 

• Love 2

I watched WWHL and I think I'm traumatized. Actually I know I am. Andy mentioned Joe Gorga has a stand up show! But wait... it's worse. Marge said she saw it and Joe mainly tells 'funny' stories about his life, specifically sexual stories starting when he's four. FOUR. FOUR! 

If it were anyone else I'd wonder if this could possibly mean he was abused, as hypersexualization can be a result. But it's Joe. He probably sat around with Frank making whatever the story is up thinking it's hilarious. Marge spared us and didn't elaborate as to what it was. But the damage is done. 

Edited by Gigi43
(edited)

Teresa calls Jaq and Caroline Evil and Money Hungry

A quote from the article from Showbiz Cheatsheet:

Giudice recently wanted to make one thing clear: she wasn’t friends with Manzo or her sister in law, Jacqueline Laurita. Giudice shared how she felt with E News and claimed both Laurita and Manzo were only after money. 

“If they both come back, it’s because they need the money,” Giudice said about the possible return of Manzo and Laurita. “But whatever, bring it on. I could give two s**ts if they come back or they don’t.” Giudice added, “[Manzo] is a money-hungry b*tch” and was just doing things for the show.

She added, “Do I want to reconcile being friends with them again? No. They’re both evil people and I really don’t want to have anything to do with evil people. But if I have to give them a piece of my mind, I will.” She adds Manzo and Laurita are “nasty people” and feels slighted by Manzo.

Jaq probably is desperate for money if Chris hasn't found another company to loot from out west, but, unless the Brownstone is tanking, Teresa needs to STFU about Caroline looking for a money grab since the Manzo's would be fine with or without the show. Unlike Teresa who did the commercial with someone she deems evil for a money grab. I feel like the questions about Caroline come out at the end of every season so its  probably meaningless. 

After the "piece of my mind" comment I imagine Teresa then pondering "but wait if I don't like someone why would I want them to have a piece of it" ala Kelly Bundy.

Edited by Gigi43
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 1/23/2020 at 7:00 AM, esco1822 said:

I’ll admit I’m not someone who’s super into health/wellness/diet trends. It’s not a subject I find endlessly fascinating or entertaining so this could be coloring my perception, also I don’t particularly like Jackie (I don’t hate her, but I’m not a fan). Anyway, they seem a little weight obsessed as a couple and I don’t find it to be nearly as positive and healthy as Jackie seems to. All of their talks to their kids about “good food” and “bad food” seemed a little off to me. Like just a lot of focus on controlling food in a house where it doesn’t seem like anyone has a weight related health issue. But if it makes them happy I guess... 

• Love 5
On 4/3/2020 at 2:05 PM, Duke2801 said:

Teresa’s father has passed. RIP Nono😢

Very sad...he never seemed the same after his wife died and I feel he took on too many responsibilities in regards to Teresa and her kids. He was not a well man and he seemed exhausted much of the time. I do feel sorry for the girls since they were so attached and connected with him...they all had a close relationship with him and they've been through so much. To have this happen now in the middle of a pandemic no less, is devastating for these kids. RIP Nonno.

• Love 1

Jennifer donated 2,000 masks to Lenox Hill Hospital and she, Margaret, Tre and Dina are donating gowns for fundraising to hospital workers.  The fabulous Melissa?  Crickets...

• Love 4

Jennifer also signed up to donate plasma/antibodies.  Whoever gets them hopefully will fully recover and suppress the urge to throw knives and wine glasses at people.  She must be much nicer than she seems, sometimes.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

Just in case anybody actually believed Caroline's insistence that her fambily was a squeaky clean italian family, that the alleged mob ties were ignorance at best, and that her father-in-law was a murder victim, not a mob hit...this just happened:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/pagesix.com/2020/06/30/ex-hubby-of-rhonjs-dina-manza-hired-hitman-to-attack-her-husband/amp/

I can hear her now.  "Horrible.  He was stupid.  Just stupid.  But his HEART was in the right place."

• Love 6
4 hours ago, BrindaWalsh said:

Just in case anybody actually believed Caroline's insistence that her fambily was a squeaky clean italian family, that the alleged mob ties were ignorance at best, and that her father-in-law was a murder victim, not a mob hit...this just happened:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/pagesix.com/2020/06/30/ex-hubby-of-rhonjs-dina-manza-hired-hitman-to-attack-her-husband/amp/

I can hear her now.  "Horrible.  He was stupid.  Just stupid.  But his HEART was in the right place."

The hit was in exchange for a discount at their banquet hall?!?!?

source.gif

• LOL 14
(edited)
1 hour ago, snarts said:

After reading about Dina's ex-husband's arrest, I have to wonder if the home invasion back in 2017 is somehow related to her ex as well? 

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/real-housewives-star-dina-manzo-attacked-in-brutal-home-invasion_n_591a124ae4b07d5f6ba545c3

I wondered that same thing.  

And according to NBC - yes.  https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/ex-husband-of-real-housewives-of-nj-star-hired-mob-figure-to-assault-her-boyfriend-feds-allege/2492657/

I also wonder if Dina cutting herself off from Caroline, and Jacqueline had to do with the Manzo factor and wasn't just about business, as they led us to believe.  

Edited by BrindaWalsh
  • Useful 5
  • Love 6