Type keyword(s) to search

RHoNJ in the Media: Paparazzi Whore!

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, charming said:

This show improved 1000% once the cast wasn't afraid of Teresa.

Next season looks like fun. I really liked the cast chemistry last year. I'll be watching.

...especially if Eileen becomes a "friend of" again.

I only come here to see when Joe is leaving the country.  It's taken too long already and no one else is given nearly as much time as this fool has been given.

• Love 5

Looks like it's going to be a spiral season for Teresa. However, if I'm supposed to feel any sympathy for her, I don't. (the kids, on the other hand... their parents really did a number on them with their selfish decisions.)

I love that Marge Sr. got a job and moved to the city. lol Good for her!

Ugh, Danielle... go away. 

• Love 7
On 11/6/2019 at 9:12 AM, Hiyo said:

Does an article about this show on the main website count as "in the media"?

https://www.primetimer.com/features/the-real-housewives-of-new-jersey-marks-10-years-celebrating-the-same-family-feud

I was never a heavy soap opera viewer, but there were a few I'd tune into from time to time.  I was always amazed that you could tune in once or twice a year and the stories never advanced much.  

After reading the title of this article, it hit me.  The Housewives franchise is just a reinvention of the old soap opera genre!

Not a whole lot really changes over time.  Even casting changes don't bring about too much change at the core.  Same arguments and dramas just with different people.

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 7

I know that Dina and Caroline don't speak, and Teresa isn't friends with Caroline or Jacqueline.

But, just for the sake of curiosity, what is Jacqueline's status with Caroline and Dina? Also, now that Teresa and Danielle are friendly-ish, has that affected Teresa's friendship with Dina?

Edited by Hiyo
  • Love 3

I can't find a Melissa (and Joe) thread - but I am just waiting for their house of cards to fall.  How can it be that they are still living in that house?  I imagine her income from the show keeps them in it, but are they putting ALL of their money into the mortgage, tax, utilities payments?  If it is a $4 million house, isn't it like $20,000/month in mortgage alone??

• Love 6
On 12/2/2019 at 4:05 PM, heatherchandler said:

I can't find a Melissa (and Joe) thread - but I am just waiting for their house of cards to fall.  How can it be that they are still living in that house?  I imagine her income from the show keeps them in it, but are they putting ALL of their money into the mortgage, tax, utilities payments?  If it is a $4 million house, isn't it like $20,000/month in mortgage alone??

I recently came across a video that posted some of the salaries of the Atlanta howives and was astounded. I have no idea if the source was reliable but they said that Nene was making like 2.8 million dollars a season.

Now Melissa is not getting anywhere near that type of money (Atlanta is the most popular franchise) but she might be getting enough to keep them in their current lifestyle. She also has money coming in from local appearances and promotional stuff.

It's sad how much these people get paid to act a fool, but I guess we viewers are part of the problem.

• Love 3

Not surprised in the least that they are splitting up! I think Teresa was done the day she stepped foot in jail, or should I say camp. 🤪😂 Oh no wait! I think she told the girls that she was going away to work and write her book. Yeah that's it! Ha!

Well I do feel for the kids. They do love their dad. Guess they'll get some good trips out of this. 🤷‍♀️

• Love 4

The lawyer was at Melissa's party. I don't see any reason other than they're dating as to why he'd be there. I doubt Joe Gorga is friends with him. Melissa and Tre probably only interact for filming and Joe (rightfully ) seems to try to avoid that house except for filming. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

No shit Teresa and Joe are “separated”! They’ve been separated since Joe went to prison. As far as I’ve seen- nothing legal has occurred (not a legal separation). Why do these numbnuts want all their private details publicized?! 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, Juliegirlj said:

No shit Teresa and Joe are “separated”! They’ve been separated since Joe went to prison. As far as I’ve seen- nothing legal has occurred (not a legal separation). Why do these numbnuts want all their private details publicized?! 

Money, honey.

• Love 4

The January 9, 2020 Juicy Scoop podcast features a long interview with Jennifer Aydin.  She seemed candid and was both entertaining and informative.  Honestly?  She comes across as someone who would be a lot of fun to spend time with.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 1/10/2020 at 7:08 PM, ichbin said:

The January 9, 2020 Juicy Scoop podcast features a long interview with Jennifer Aydin.  She seemed candid and was both entertaining and informative.  Honestly?  She comes across as someone who would be a lot of fun to spend time with.

Just listened to this and it was great.  I also came away liking Jennifer a bit more, but holy hell is she a talker.  Heather could hardly get a word in to ask the questions and Jennifer kept going on random-ass tangents.  However, her Beverly encounter was....wow!  Danielle is batshit crazy and really needs some serious therapy.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, luckyroll3 said:

I also came away liking Jennifer a bit more, but holy hell is she a talker. 

You aren't kidding! No loss of words for her!!

The one thing thing she talked about that I wish Heather would have questioned her on was that she said Dolores had suggested her to prodution as a new housewife.  I don't think I had ever heard that she and Dolores knew each other prior to Jennifer coming on the show.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 1/14/2020 at 6:55 PM, ichbin said:

You aren't kidding! No loss of words for her!!

The one thing thing she talked about that I wish Heather would have questioned her on was that she said Dolores had suggested her to prodution as a new housewife.  I don't think I had ever heard that she and Dolores knew each other prior to Jennifer coming on the show.  

Maybe David and Jennifer's husband know each other.

15 minutes ago, esco1822 said:

I thought Evan looked better a little heavier.  But he seems nice, hot, and makes a lot of money.  Is he an actual catch of a husband?  On Real Housewives?

On 1/10/2020 at 6:08 PM, ichbin said:

I thought she sounded like she was on something.  She wouldn't stop talking!  I didn't mind her after listening to that, but I think she's popping something something.

• Love 2

I’m not sure if anyone posted about this yet, but the reunion happened in the last few days, and a day or so later, Jackie said she wasn’t coming back next year.  It was on a podcast, I think on Bravo Daily dish, where she discussed this topic.  I am not a subscriber, so I didn’t hear it, but saw a statement at that site somewhere.  Has anyone heard this?

• Love 3

I haven't heard about Jackie. Just Danielle's announcement about not returning. Andy tweeted about filming the reunion a few days ago maybe its brought up then. I don't think the scrutiny of a reality show suddenly for someone previously not used to being in the public would be good for someone with an eating disorder. If she does leave that's probably in her best interest health wise.

How the hell are Teresa and Caroline relevant enough for an Ad like that. Maybe in the early years when they were both on and the Soup was talking about them. But now?  A national Ad? Is the Brownstone in trouble that Caroline agreed to this? She looks like a hostage. 

• Love 4
6 hours ago, TexasGal said:

Here's the ad, in case anyone missed it.  Should I know who ALL these people are?

3 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

I didn't recognize any of them, except for Teresa and Caroline.

I recognized a couple people: Rick Flair the wrestler, T-Pain, Urkel, Queens from the most recent Drag Race season (I think one of them was  Mz. Cracker?), and Becky G(??).   I don't know who the rest of those folks are. Guess I'm not hip enough.

• Love 2

I Googled, "Who are the people in the Superbowl Sabra commercial," and got this list: Charli D'Amelio from Tim Tok, Boomer Esiason, retired NFL quarterback, T-Pain, Kim Chi and Miz Cracker from Ru Paul's Drag Race. 

I loved Teresa and Caroline's part. Caroline seems to be around a bit too much lately I have a feeling there's something coming up with all of these former real-housewives that haven't quite left the building yet. 

Caroline and Teresa looked like they had a ball flipping that table!

Edited by HadleyFields
No thanks to Spellcheck! Names corrected Sew Sueme!
  • Love 5
29 minutes ago, HadleyFields said:

I Googled, "Who are the people in the Superbowl Sabra commercial," and got this list: Charli D'Amelio from Tim Tok, Booker Esiason, retired NFL quarterback, T-Pain, Kim Chai and Miz Cracker from Ru Paul's Drag Race. 

🤷‍♀️

• LOL 2
On 1/26/2020 at 6:46 PM, Gigi43 said:

I haven't heard about Jackie. Just Danielle's announcement about not returning. Andy tweeted about filming the reunion a few days ago maybe its brought up then. I don't think the scrutiny of a reality show suddenly for someone previously not used to being in the public would be good for someone with an eating disorder. If she does leave that's probably in her best interest health wise.

How the hell are Teresa and Caroline relevant enough for an Ad like that. Maybe in the early years when they were both on and the Soup was talking about them. But now?  A national Ad? Is the Brownstone in trouble that Caroline agreed to this? She looks like a hostage. 

Demographics. They were hitting as many niches as possible.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

I didn't see a Bill/Jennifer thread I hope it's okay to drop this here. It seems RHONJ isn't Jens first show. I was down a YouTube rabbit hole of NJ after show interviews and I also in general watch a lot of cooking videos on YouTube,  which is probably how I saw in among the up next list a Turkish cooking show. The thumbnail looked like Jennifer. Apparently it was. There are several episodes and were posted in 2011. The descriptions are in Turkish but the show gives me a public access not an Internet show vibe. She's so toned down personality wise . I can see Bill being married to this Jennifer. 

https://youtu.be/3ApidRst6vk

Edited by Gigi43
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3
On 2/3/2020 at 1:04 PM, heatherchandler said:

I didn't recognize any of them, except for Teresa and Caroline.

Tre must have one hell of an agent - I just don't get the connection of why  they were needed/asked to appear in a hummus commercial airing during the Superbowl, in the 1st place.  I could see if the superbowl was played in NJ and/or a NJ related team was in it..

These two on the show have no issue in fluanting their wealth- Caroline is just a little more understated about it. So they want to now peddle 2 for $6 hummas? Does hummas have is origins in Italian cooking?

The table flipping drops the product on the floor---not a good look.

what's Caroline's motive for doing the commercial?

• feeling sorry for the girls b/c of the deportation and figuring it was a way to "help out" Tre, w/o actually giving $$ ?
  •  No one else from the table flipping scene from ages ago would go  ? Caroline played the "mother hen" so to speak in the early seasons - I would think she would find flipping a table, appalling - not be redone.
  • Is she (Caroline)  trying to make some-kind of comeback to Tv? thinking being in a Superbowl commercial about hummus was the way to go..
Edited by sATL
On ‎2‎/‎3‎/‎2020 at 9:48 AM, TexasGal said:

Here's the ad, in case anyone missed it.  Should I know who ALL these people are?

I will not admit to recognize the people that I did in that Sabra Hummus commercial.

Speaking of which, I keep seeing the Gorga woman shilling for some box of the month club.

• Love 3