Type keyword(s) to search

RHoNJ in the Media: Paparazzi Whore!

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Watermelon said:

Wouldn't it be smart of her at this point to take ANY money? Who cares if it's FOH status. You just make like Luann and be better from the sidelines so they invite you back.

They need the money, but filming the show spins her out of control whether she's full time or FOH. At that point, it becomes a matter of whether the money is worth the aggravation it causes. If filming makes her the same level of crazy whether she's full time or part time, then it makes sense to only do the show if you get full time money. Additionally, it's rare that they let a FOH pimp products (exceptions being LuAnn and Adrienne).

• Love 1
48 minutes ago, NowVoyager said:

This article: 

Real Housewife of New Jersey Dina Manzo is beaten and bound by robbers http://dailym.ai/2riF8WH

says her daughter is 21 & wasn't present during the home invasion. I hope Dina & her boyfriend are ok!

Saw this on the local news this evening.  Dina's boyfriend's townhome is not too far from me (I'll have to be on the lookout for her-I actually like Dina a lot).  I do certainly hope they are both okay.  

• Love 6

From The Daily News

According to a statement from the Monmouth County Prosecutor's Office, Manzo, 46, and Cantin, 37, came home Saturday evening to find two individuals already inside their home. The unidentified individuals attacked Cantin with a baseball bat, breaking his nose, and punched Manzo multiple times in the face. The couple was then bound together with their faces covered.

Cantin called police at 10:54 p.m. after freeing himself, and made his way to the hospital, where he and Manzo were treated for facial injuries.

A picture 2 days ago,  from Dina's Instagram

https://www.instagram.com/p/BUDPV8LgLwR/

(edited)
On 4/8/2017 at 7:00 PM, ginger90 said:

http://www.etonline.com/news/214186_exclusive_jacqueline_laurita_opens_up_about_her_son_s_autism_and_why_she_won_t_be_returning_to_rhonj/

Jacqueline

“Unfortunately, I will not be returning,” Laurita tells ET. “I think the feeling [from the network] is that I no longer have an authentic connection with two of the season’s cast members.”

IMO meaning Teresa pitched a fit and Sirens took Danielle back to replace her...

Also IMO - interest in this show has way died down so they're grasping at straws to reignite it....

Very sorry that happened to Dina - but the snark in me is that a millionaire lives in a suburban NJ townhouse?

Edited to add - I was on Teen Mom thread and just poked my head back here to see if anything interesting was going on...bless my little dark crooked soul...TM is way more entertaining...

Edited by Jennifersdc
  • Love 3

Yikes.  I was shocked about this incident.  Holmdel is a really safe place overall.  I'm familiar with where it happened.  I've been in the shopping center across the street and would never feel unsafe.  Unfortunately, no matter how safe the neighborhood, if you basically have a home that consistently looks unlived in, there are people out there who will take advantage.

• Love 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, breezy424 said:

Unfortunately, no matter how safe the neighborhood, if you basically have a home that consistently looks unlived in, there are people out there who will take advantage.

...And if you keep on posting/tweeting your whereabouts, no matter how safe the neighborhood, someone is going to seize the opportunity to break-in to your lovely home.

Edited by MsTree
  • Love 5

Very sorry that happened to Dina - but the snark in me is that a millionaire lives in a suburban NJ townhouse?

Multiple reports states that they live in California but also maintain this residence in NJ.  They were in town for Audriana's first communion.  Dina is her godmother.

• Love 4
On ‎5‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 8:20 AM, Jennifersdc said:

IMO meaning Teresa pitched a fit and Sirens took Danielle back to replace her...

Also IMO - interest in this show has way died down so they're grasping at straws to reignite it....

Edited to add - I was on Teen Mom thread and just poked my head back here to see if anything interesting was going on...bless my little dark crooked soul...TM is way more entertaining...

So last year the show returned (belatedly) in July.  This year there isn't even a trailer up as we are headed into August.  I wonder if the show will be a Wednesday night show like RHONYC?  I can't see Bravo bumping either Shahs or RHOA to give these clowns and ratings droppers the prime 8pm Sunday night slot. 

I just don't see this franchise working, Teresa is reformed she and Melissa are friends and now they are friends with Danielle?  That is a whole lotta crap to be shoveling down viewers throats.  It is no longer a reality show based on wealthy women's lives, it is just a desperately needed paycheck for most of them.

• Love 2
23 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

So last year the show returned (belatedly) in July.  This year there isn't even a trailer up as we are headed into August.  I wonder if the show will be a Wednesday night show like RHONYC?  I can't see Bravo bumping either Shahs or RHOA to give these clowns and ratings droppers the prime 8pm Sunday night slot. 

I just don't see this franchise working, Teresa is reformed she and Melissa are friends and now they are friends with Danielle?  That is a whole lotta crap to be shoveling down viewers throats.  It is no longer a reality show based on wealthy women's lives, it is just a desperately needed paycheck for most of them.

Yes, where is it?!?!

I don't want Danielle back at all!!  I like the new vibe with Siggy and Dolores so I am not sure how all of this is going mesh together.   

• Love 1

In season 1 episode 2 on The Orville on Fox, a Star Trek parody, part of the crew gets captured by a technologically superior alien race and trapped in the aliens' zoo of inferior species. The Orville's crew is able to negotiate for their crew members' freedom by bargaining and giving the alien captors hours and hours of reality TV footage to air in the zoo in place of the crew. Teresa's"prostitution whore" table flip is shown prominently. The video of Teresa flipping out is the most popular attraction in an alien zoo. Make of that what you will.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Otherkate said:

Thank god. Now if Dolores would just follow her.

The problem now is that Dolores went ao hard for her who does she have left? She and Danielle are going yo have to go bat shit at the reunion.

• Love 5

Oh, good! Siggy was exhausting! I can't imagine being around her in person. She couldn't even let Melissa finish her nice last-dinner toast without making it about her. She also made the cardinal sin of not making her meltdowns fun to watch, the way someone like Vicki Gunvalson gets unhinged and it's entertaining. Siggy was just an annoying prima donna. And having friends create fake accounts to hassle someone online?? What grade is she in?

Ugh. Good riddance, Siggy, and your brand of "wisdom" taken from self-help books.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, mwell345 said:

Blind gossip item solved, turns out to be Siggy.   

http://blindgossip.com/?p=88904#more-88904

article also implies she was fired.  Supposedly she has a very shady “pr team” that created tons of social media accounts  to harass Margaret.  

Interesting read.

Interesting since Siggy claims the complete opposite and says that she has receipts that Marge was behind the fake accounts.

9 hours ago, biakbiak said:

The problem now is that Dolores went ao hard for her who does she have left? She and Danielle are going yo have to go bat shit at the reunion.

I'll be surprised if Dolores doesnt end up getting fired as well but RHONJ cant keep 4 friendlies and hire someone to just go against them so Im going to go with a friend of Dolores getting hired next year.

8 hours ago, connieinnc said:

I don't believe that she quit, bet she wasn't asked to return and is being allowed to spin it.

idk, I think she left of her own accord since it's still to early for them to make decisions unless they are filming another back2back season. But it is odd that Siggy has been doing promo work up until now. Did she not think they wouldn't air any of this? 

I think this show might be on the chopping block. Soggy is out (thank gawd). Delores has played this season incorrectly. Danielle is gross. Melissa and Teresa have a strained alliance. This leaves Margaret. The show isn't fixable. The show has been pulling in about 1.2 million viewers, which is terrible for this show.

• Love 2

Bravo loves Teresa to much. There has to be some interesting women around NJ that would be willing to take on the show. They finally found a good staple in Marge. Siggy had potential but ruined it. Melissa is useless and brings absolutely nothing except for Joe.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Primal Slayer said:

Bravo loves Teresa too much. There has to be some interesting women around NJ that would be willing to take on the show. They finally found a good staple in Marge. Siggy had potential but ruined it. Melissa is useless and brings absolutely nothing except for Joe.

I don't know about that. Before Teresa went to prison, the show had about 2 million viewers. Teresa Checks In had about 1.3 million viewers. After prison, the show dropped to about 1.5 - 1.7 million viewers. The show has about 1.2 - 1.3 million viewers now. Additionally, the episode order has decreased. It's gone from 18 - 22 episodes to 14.

Bravo is ultimately in the money business. The show continues to shed viewers as they cast and cater to Teresa. It's possible Housewives as an entity is dying, but it's also possible that the show is trending to the Teresa Checks In numbers because it's alienated every other viewer.

Edited by HunterHunted

They should just give Teresa a spin off and kill the rest of the show IMO. I don’t obviously condone Teresa’s criminal activity or the fact she can still live in that house, but she has always been the face of the franchise and for me the most interesting and watchable cast member. When she and Melissa are getting along, they’re both the most interesting and watchable people for me. The rest are boring, though I do like Margaret this season. But they have cycled many different newbies in and out since season 3 or 4, Kathy was kind of boring, the twins were annoying, Amber and her husband were vile, Siggy is unbearable, and Delores is boring and has no storyline other than being up Siggy’s ass all season. If another season happens, I say keep Margaret, get rid of Delores. 

• Love 6

The ratings ranking is confusing to me...I found this:

http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/articles/showbuzzdailys-top-150-wednesday-cable-originals-network-finals-12-20-2017.html

It shows RHONJ placing 3rd for Wednesday in the cable originals category.  Is that bad?  It looks like placement depends on demographics more than total viewers.  What about those of us who DVR then watch later?

I'd definitely watch a Teresa and her family show.  *hangs head in shame*

• Love 1
5 hours ago, BogoGog24 said:

They should just give Teresa a spin off and kill the rest of the show IMO. I don’t obviously condone Teresa’s criminal activity or the fact she can still live in that house, but she has always been the face of the franchise and for me the most interesting and watchable cast member. When she and Melissa are getting along, they’re both the most interesting and watchable people for me. The rest are boring, though I do like Margaret this season. But they have cycled many different newbies in and out since season 3 or 4, Kathy was kind of boring, the twins were annoying, Amber and her husband were vile, Siggy is unbearable, and Delores is boring and has no storyline other than being up Siggy’s ass all season. If another season happens, I say keep Margaret, get rid of Delores. 

The mistake Bravo made was twofold. First, they could have given Teresa a spin-off starting from her entering prison. Except for Vanderpump Rules, Bravo likes to spin off shows when there is a life changing event: birth, marriage, move. Her spin-off could have been Teresa Checks In, Gets Out, and Moves On. Her going to prison and how her family copes is reason to give her a spin-off. Much like Don't Be Tardy and Bethenny's Getting Married, it could have featured copious cameos from cast from their original series during that first year. The Gorgas and Rosie could have made guest appearances while Teresa was in prison.

The second mistake was greenlighting Manzo'd with Children. Real Housewives couldn't have survived losing that much cast. The Manzos, Lauritas, Wakiles, and Rosie could have stayed on RHoNJ.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, biakbiak said:

Didn't they do a special when Teresa was in prison with Joe and the girls? The prison probably wouldn't allow filming and perjhaps the ratings for the special werent great.

They did. It was called Teresa Checks In. It was 3 episodes. The ratings were about 1.3 million viewers, which is pretty close to the ratings of RHoNJ now. I think by casting to support Teresa Bravo has transformed the show into Teresa's and the ratings slide we've seen is a reflection of that.

• Love 1

Someone else here posted a comparison of Siggy to Jaqueline.  For me, that is exactly the problem.  I quit watching back then mostly because of Jaqueline and I don't bother tuning in now because of Siggy.  Theresa has gotten on my nerves at times but she is not the reason my DVR is not set to record.  This season, Siggy is a 'must go' in my opinion.  Danielle can go too but I hardly notice her because of Siggy's hysterics.  Delores isn't interesting at all.  Encouraging Siggy is not a good a look when the only other thing she offers up is her ex and her son.  

• Love 5

Are any of the Housewives shows still over 2mil?  Last I heard they were all down.  Makes sense, the formula is stale & dated. Blaming Teresa for entire ratings slide is a bit much.  I, for one, only came to back to the show when she returned.

Surprised that they've already filmed the reunion.  How many episodes is this season?

• Love 4

The only thing I can find is on Wikipedia it says there’s 2 more regular episodes left before the reunion. It lists the reunion as Part 1, which brings it to 14 episodes, but perhaps the reunion will be 2 parts, so 15 episodes?

• Love 1

I would watch a Teresa-only show and I'm not ashamed to admit it. She's the only thing keeping me around these days anyway. I'd be cool with having Melissa and Joe appear on the show on occasion, as well as Margaret. Dina would probably do a show or two.

ETA: If that Blind Gossip item is true (and I suspect it is), then Siggy needs a padded cell. What the hell is wrong with her? I believe that it's true because she cannot let anything go EVER and is the extreme vengeful type. I'm sure it is not her choice to leave the show. Psycho!

Edited by LilaFowler
  • Love 2
22 hours ago, snarts said:

Are any of the Housewives shows still over 2mil?  Last I heard they were all down.  Makes sense, the formula is stale & dated. Blaming Teresa for entire ratings slide is a bit much.  I, for one, only came to back to the show when she returned.

Surprised that they've already filmed the reunion.  How many episodes is this season?

Atlanta. The answer is always Atlanta. They've slid a bit in the ratings. Their peak was almost 4 million viewers. They are now about 2.3 million viewers. The formula is a bit stale.

• Love 2