Type keyword(s) to search

RHoBH in the Media

• Start Topic

21 hours ago, Jextella said:

I feel Kim bankrolled that family for the duration of much of her childhood - much more so than Kyle.  I also feel that Kyle refuses to acknowledge this much less believe Kim is due anything "extra" at all.  Probably Kim screwed up somewhere and Kyle and Mauricio obtained the home legally - but it was a FU to Kim.  (I'm totally team Kim in the Kim vs. Kyle debate). 

Kim DID NOT bankroll her family. She never earned enough to support the family for one thing. And for another, her money was put in trust so that the family couldn't touch it. When Kim finally got access to her money she blew it all on partying, cars, purses, and shoes. There is a very false narrative that somehow Kim earned the money to take care of the family and that is why she is so messed up now. It simply isn't true. 

Big Kathy supported the family by marrying rich. It was something she taught all of her daughters to do as well. In Kim's case, multiple times. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 8
21 minutes ago, MatildaMoody said:

Kim DID NOT bankroll her family. She never earned enough to support the family for one thing. And for another, her money was put in trust so that the family couldn't touch it. When Kim finally got access to her money she blew it all on partying, cars, purses, and shoes. There is a very false narrative that somehow Kim earned the money to take care of the family and that is why she is so messed up now. It simply isn't true. 

Big Kathy supported the family by marrying rich. It was something she taught all of her daughters to do as well. In Kim's case, multiple times. 

Do you have a link to a source you could share that outlines all this?

(edited)
1 hour ago, MatildaMoody said:

I ran across this post about what child stars earned in the 70s and 80s. Kim was a big-ish star, but nowhere near as big as the top earners. Gary Coleman started Diff'rent Strokes at $1500/episode and ended at $80,000/episode. Melissa Gilbert was earning $750,000/season by the end of Little House on the Prairie. The success of Taxi Driver allowed Jodie Foster to start asking for $100,000/film. It also means that all of that stuff that she'd shot around the same time, but hadn't been released, got her for cheap. These are movies like Freaky Friday and Bugsy Malone. She probably didn't start earning that $100,000 per picture money on anything that was released before the middle of 1977. Kurt Russell had a 10 year contract with Disney. I don't think Kim ever had a contract that substantial. Mayberry RFD was on for 3 years. Buddy Foster was in more than half of the episodes. He made $25,000 a year for this.

https://www.metv.com/lists/heres-how-much-child-stars-and-teen-idols-made-back-in-the-1970s

People always believe Kim's money supported the family, but it never occurs to folks that Big Kathy told Kim this as Kim was getting older and harder to control. It's easy to drag a 6 year old to set. It's a lot harder to drag a 16 year old. Perhaps Big Kathy, who we know was intensely manipulative, told Kim this to guilt Kim into showing up to work.

Big Kathy married her 3rd husband Jack Catain, a mobster, in 1980. They divorced around the time he was convicted of federal racketeering in 1986. Her 4th husband was Bob Fenton. He put in a $250,000 from the sale of his house to help Big Kathy buy the goddamn house in Palm Springs/Indian Wells in 1996. The house itself wasn't built until 1985.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Useful 5
  • Love 6
15 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

I hated that Kyle outed Kim as an alcoholic, but I didn’t realize just how damaging “you stole my goddamn house” was.

We've seen Kyle be mean and manipulative. This didn't come across that way to me. I've never felt that Kyle outing Kim was anything more than accidental and borne out of frustration built up over decades. Kim had been in rehab twice before the show ever started. Kim had demonstrated that she was terrible with money and didn't seem all that concerned that her child support was going to be winding down very soon. Kim didn't really seem to be concerned with developing a new income stream. At varying times, Kim's kids would have to live fulltime with their dads or stay with Kyle. I'm sure Bethenny had provided Kyle with a solid explanation of how the whole process worked. So when Kim starts drinking again in the middle of season 1, it starts to be too much for the family to bear and Kyle is very afraid the drinking is going to get Kim fired.

When Kim attempted to borrow against her 1/3rd ownership of the Palm Springs house, Kim was getting $275,000 in alimony from Gregg Davis provided she didn't remarry. She was also getting child support for her kids. It was pretty close to half a million a year, but couldn't find any way to come up with the $20,000 that she needed. She either couldn't or wouldn't ask Kathy, Kyle, or any of the exes for the money, which makes me suspect her need for the money was sketchy as hell. So I can see why Kyle and Mauricio stepped in to prevent Kim from sapping the house of its equity. When you add in the fact that Kim is living for free in a condo that Kyle owns and pays all of the expenses and that Kim has never once paid for an attorney for the dog bite lawsuits or paid any of the damages, you start to understand that Kim is colossally financially irresponsible. 

I understand why people might not like Kyle outed Kim's addiction issues. I just don't know how anyone can't have empathy for Kyle in regards to Kim because Kyle has been through some shit.

• Love 20
11 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

We've seen Kyle be mean and manipulative. This didn't come across that way to me. I've never felt that Kyle outing Kim was anything more than accidental and borne out of frustration built up over decades. Kim had been in rehab twice before the show ever started. Kim had demonstrated that she was terrible with money and didn't seem all that concerned that her child support was going to be winding down very soon. Kim didn't really seem to be concerned with developing a new income stream. At varying times, Kim's kids would have to live fulltime with their dads or stay with Kyle. I'm sure Bethenny had provided Kyle with a solid explanation of how the whole process worked. So when Kim starts drinking again in the middle of season 1, it starts to be too much for the family to bear and Kyle is very afraid the drinking is going to get Kim fired.

When Kim attempted to borrow against her 1/3rd ownership of the Palm Springs house, Kim was getting $275,000 in alimony from Gregg Davis provided she didn't remarry. She was also getting child support for her kids. It was pretty close to half a million a year, but couldn't find any way to come up with the $20,000 that she needed. She either couldn't or wouldn't ask Kathy, Kyle, or any of the exes for the money, which makes me suspect her need for the money was sketchy as hell. So I can see why Kyle and Mauricio stepped in to prevent Kim from sapping the house of its equity. When you add in the fact that Kim is living for free in a condo that Kyle owns and pays all of the expenses and that Kim has never once paid for an attorney for the dog bite lawsuits or paid any of the damages, you start to understand that Kim is colossally financially irresponsible. 

I understand why people might not like Kyle outed Kim's addiction issues. I just don't know how anyone can't have empathy for Kyle in regards to Kim because Kyle has been through some shit.

Ohh I completely agree with all of this to be clear! I just felt bad for Kim season 1, but I know Kyle said what she did because she was at her wit's end and exploded. I don't think Kyle meant to ever hurt her sister. I know she's been through a lot, and my heart goes out to her for that. One thing I really respect about Kyle is that other than her slip in the limo, she does not out secrets about her cast mates.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, druzy said:

Rumor has it...

image.png.adf96d2901463ab9ffea3b4f5342589e.png

You know why this makes sense to me?  Because I don't think the initial intent was to take down LVP.  I think initially, it was to knock Dorit down a bit.  Kyle was pissed that her BFF Lisa wasn't mad at Dorit.  The leaked article didn't dig at LVP- the resulting discussions did.  The initial article revealed what Dorit did.  I think if Kyle did do this, it was initially to be closer with LVP than anyone else, but it evolved in a different way.  If Kyle did do this to drive a wedge between Dorit and LVP, she must have been quite incensed when LVP immediately defended Dorit.

• Useful 5
  • Love 8
On 7/18/2019 at 11:08 AM, lasu said:

I'm hoping y'all can help me out!  Someone told me that although the gang strenuously points to the use of "poor creature" as proof LVP planted the story, that phrase ISN'T ACTUALLY IN THE STORY.  Which would turn the smoking gun in the opposite direction, that one of them planted the story and expected that phrase to be used.

My google-fu is normally strong, but I'm not able to find the original story, or to see if there is a story using the phrase "poor creature" that the gang was referring to.  Does anyone have any insight on this??  TIA. 

I'm quoting myself, lol, in hopes someone might have missed my original post and have any insight on the "poor creature" theory.

• Love 1
(edited)

IIRC.....at the lunch Rinna used the phrase "poor creature" about the article.  The Kemsley's decided it had to be LVP because only British people use the word "nip".

My opinion is that nip is used universally, in English speaking countries, to describe a puppy's bite.

"Poor creature" is not used in the article.

Here it is:

https://radaronline.com/videos/rhobh-lisa-vanderpump-dorit-kemsley-feud-dog-abandoned/

I do find it to be very coincidental that in the same episode, Rinna and Harry Hamlin, have this deep discussion about "who benefits" from the article.  An article that Rinna quoted a phrase from that wasn't there. 

suspicious dogs GIF

Edited by dosodog
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4
(edited)
17 minutes ago, lasu said:

I'm quoting myself, lol, in hopes someone might have missed my original post and have any insight on the "poor creature" theory.

I know this one!  I had high hopes for the poor creature thing, but alas, it turned out to be a red herring. 

The words "poor creature" were the writer's words, in a follow up story in the Daily Mail. The Daily Mail story was quoting the Radar online story.

it's really only proof that the supporting cast was following the story and read subsequent versions of it.

Edited by Jel
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

All I ask of this Umansky scamming trial is...

"The plaintiff calls Lisa Vanderpump to the stand..."

And  "Ms. Vanderpump, have ever known Mauricio Umansky to engage in fraudulent business dealings?" Where Lisa gets out a quick, "Yes." before Mo's attorney can object.

And Lisa Rinna to be fired

And a scene of Kyle applying to be a busser at SUR.

😉

• LOL 13
  • Love 2
35 minutes ago, Jel said:

All I ask of this Umansky scamming trial is...

"The plaintiff calls Lisa Vanderpump to the stand..."

And  "Ms. Vanderpump, have ever known Mauricio Umansky to engage in fraudulent business dealings?" Where Lisa gets out a quick, "Yes." before Mo's attorney can object.

And Lisa Rinna to be fired

And a scene of Kyle applying to be a busser at SUR.

😉

The 'scamming' case looks very complex to me.   I see it that he allegedly did the guy out of $8M but there's talk on other SM that he could be sued for the actual profit they made which would be a heck of a lot.

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, dosodog said:

IIRC.....at the lunch Rinna used the phrase "poor creature" about the article.  The Kemsley's decided it had to be LVP because only British people use the word "nip".

My opinion is that nip is used universally, in English speaking countries, to describe a puppy's bite.

"Poor creature" is not used in the article.

Here it is:

https://radaronline.com/videos/rhobh-lisa-vanderpump-dorit-kemsley-feud-dog-abandoned/

I do find it to be very coincidental that in the same episode, Rinna and Harry Hamlin, have this deep discussion about "who benefits" from the article.  An article that Rinna quoted a phrase from that wasn't there. 

suspicious dogs GIF

Yes.  And I said it then, and I'll say it again- it is not my opinion or interpretation that the article benefits LVP.  It benefits someone who wanted Dorit to be outed for dumping the dog.  We have seen no indication that LVP wanted this. But we saw that Teddi did.  And we saw that Kyle did.  And we saw that Rinna did.

• Love 15

I do think that LVP wanted Dorit "punished" for what she did (and rightfully so.  I think there are two separate issues, and when it comes to Dorit dumping the puppy, whether at a shelter or someone's home, she was 100% in the wrong, hard stop).  LVP had every reason to be angry and if she had just come out and said she was pissed, none of this would have ever happened.  Where LVP lost credibility with me was when Teddi was going at her in the Bahamas, LVP widened her eyes and said, "why would I be mad at Dorit??"  OK, come off it, LVP.  

I can't see any hard evidence in any direction of who leaked the story.  That's definitely why I asked about this "poor creatures" theory, because that sounded at first like something that definitely needed to be taken into consideration.  I'm absolutely ready to revise my opinion with new evidence!

• Love 5
(edited)
6 hours ago, lasu said:

I do think that LVP wanted Dorit "punished" for what she did (and rightfully so.  I think there are two separate issues, and when it comes to Dorit dumping the puppy, whether at a shelter or someone's home, she was 100% in the wrong, hard stop).  LVP had every reason to be angry and if she had just come out and said she was pissed, none of this would have ever happened.  Where LVP lost credibility with me was when Teddi was going at her in the Bahamas, LVP widened her eyes and said, "why would I be mad at Dorit??"  OK, come off it, LVP.  

I can't see any hard evidence in any direction of who leaked the story.  That's definitely why I asked about this "poor creatures" theory, because that sounded at first like something that definitely needed to be taken into consideration.  I'm absolutely ready to revise my opinion with new evidence!

I think despite LVP being an actress, her high IQ, and being quick on her feet, now and then she slips when she's defending herself, and imo sometimes she does so when she's innocent. I believe she didn't have anything to do with Radar personally. But when Kyle confronted her, and she's all surprised that Dorit's upset an ugly story about her is out, it's like really? I think her behavior in Puerto Rico with the tabloids also made it look like she was guilty of something. We'll never know the truth there, but if she wanted to cover up being guilty, she didn't do a very good job imo. And if she was innocent, she should have defended herself more strongly and not been so soft with Brandi. With the Vanderpump Dogs and giving Dorit the heads up that Teddi knew, she also kind of went back and forth and seemed confused. "I didn't know at the time" and "of course I knew."

While I don't think she had anything to do with Radar, the VP Dogs situation is a bit more confusing to me. I still believe two things. #1-Now and then I think she can be insensitive to her friends/cast mates feelings/images when she's trying to create story (is that when the affair started, your husband just had his head up some girl's skirt, bringing Schaena around Brandi even after Brandi's said enough already). That's where I agree with Kyle saying she puts other things before friendships at times. #2-I still think if these women consider her a friend and a good, well-intentioned person most of the time (really only stirring it up to keep the show interesting), they should have let all this go when there wasn't solid proof, she was grieving, and outnumbered. My mixed thoughts are why I think LVP was mistreated this year, but I am not in that LVP never does wrong and the other women are awful camp. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, TVFANNO1 said:

The 'scamming' case looks very complex to me.   I see it that he allegedly did the guy out of $8M but there's talk on other SM that he could be sued for the actual profit they made which would be a heck of a lot.

I read a comment somewhere asking how a property doubled in value, in a non bubble market, in a year. mo did put one million in renovations in it, but i dont think that's significant enough to account for such a massive increase. It sure seems like something is funky somewhere. 

As Mauricio was acting as the agent on both ends of the deal, I see that as a problem for him. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, Jel said:

I read a comment somewhere asking how a property doubled in value, in a non bubble market, in a year. mo did put one million in renovations in it, but i dont think that's significant enough to account for such a massive increase. It sure seems like something is funky somewhere. 

As Mauricio was acting as the agent on both ends of the deal, I see that as a problem for him. 

Oh - I kinda get it now - so if it went up double in value in a non-moving market - it was probably VERY under valued originally.   Thanks.

• Love 4
41 minutes ago, TVFANNO1 said:

Oh - I kinda get it now - so if it went up double in value in a non-moving market - it was probably VERY under valued originally.   Thanks.

I don't think that is actually the lawsuit though. The legal complaint is about something else I think. But it just looks really bad. He, as the listing agent, suggests a price to list the property. That is part of his job. Then, magically, and with Mo himself involved in the buying, the property doubles in value in a year. I just don't think that passes the sniff test. Someone, somewhere must be taking notice of that.

• Love 9
7 hours ago, Beachdreamer said:

Yes.  And I said it then, and I'll say it again- it is not my opinion or interpretation that the article benefits LVP.  It benefits someone who wanted Dorit to be outed for dumping the dog.  We have seen no indication that LVP wanted this. But we saw that Teddi did.  And we saw that Kyle did.  And we saw that Rinna did.

camille.jpg

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

I just watched this video about the dog dumping.  

If this is true then this whole thing is a horrible misunderstanding that should never have gone as far as it did.  However, when you watch Erika with her expressions and comments you can see that there really was never any interest in getting the truth out in time and  this was all just an opportunity to go after Lisa.  Erika looks like a bitter, nasty hag in this video. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
56 minutes ago, tranquilidade said:

I just watched this video about the dog dumping.  

If this is true then this whole thing is a horrible misunderstanding that should never have gone as far as it did.  However, when you watch Erika with her expressions and comments you can see that there really was never any interest in getting the truth out in time and  this was all just an opportunity to go after Lisa.  Erika looks like a bitter, nasty hag in this video. 

Dorit's story is believable. Why in the heck did Jon Sessa place a hyper small puppy into Dorit's house in the first place? And whatever with Lisa's long dramatic pause after the question about the $5,000. She should be pissed at Jon Sessa for placing the dog with Dorit in the first place. Yeesh. And all that wasted angry energy for 8 months??? The dog is in a good home now. The dog was ok. I don't believe for a second the dog was in line to be euthanized "soon". Oy. All that really matters now is the dog is with a family suited to raise her (at least I hope so). I still think this was a storyline LVP could have kaboshed early on had she just held Dorit to the terms of the contract. If a contract was even signed. To me it's clear LVP wanted attention for VP Dogs, perhaps for the rumored spin off, boy did she get it, but it blew up - and I doubt the majority of the RHOBH viewers want to watch Blizzard and Sessa regularly (via a spin off) on their screens... Hard pass.

• Love 7

This left me confused.  Last season LVP was criticized for her unconditional loyalty to Dorit and her quick to forgive nature for insults.  This year LVP is accused of going behind the scenes to destroy her.    I don't think for one second LVP did that but the possible spin off idea complicates this whole thing.  The right things were just never said at the right time and Dorit played the victim card to participate in the movement against Lisa.  For Dorit to come out and tell all this so after the fact makes it look very contrived.  She wants now to do clean up and remove any doggy dumping backlash that would make her life difficult. 

• Love 5
4 hours ago, BodhiGurl said:

and I doubt the majority of the RHOBH viewers want to watch Blizzard and Sessa 

Yeah...I would definitely not watch a spin-off of anything related to RHOBH especially the SessaBlizzard. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, sunshine23 said:

Honestly, knowing what Roman Polanski did, what Corey Feldman has spoken about, and other child stars from the 1980s, Harvey Weinstein, Woody Allen, Bill Cosby etc,  I would not be surprised to find out Kim was abused by men in power.  It would explain her drug and alcohol abuse.  It is also possible that while Kim was abused, nothing happened to Kyle when she was on auditions or set.  

• Useful 4
  • Love 5
40 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Honestly, knowing what Roman Polanski did, what Corey Feldman has spoken about, and other child stars from the 1980s, Harvey Weinstein, Woody Allen, Bill Cosby etc,  I would not be surprised to find out Kim was abused by men in power.  It would explain her drug and alcohol abuse.  It is also possible that while Kim was abused, nothing happened to Kyle when she was on auditions or set.  

It would also explain why Kyle has such happy memories of her mother and childhood, whereas, Kim and Kathy were against and paranoid about Kyle telling any family stories on her show. Things that make you go hmmmm.

• Love 14

It’s sad and I hope not true for her sake, but I too can see a young Kim being abused. Hollywood is a dirty industry, and young actors are particularly vulnerable, especially if they have stage moms.

I’m confused by this story though. So Kim wanted to reveal all the trauma she endured but Kyle allegedly put a stop to it? I thought both Kim and Kathy freaked out about American Woman because they wanted to protect the memory of their mother. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

So, I guess this is what he meant by the reference to rehab:

https://pagesix.com/2019/07/20/lisa-rinnas-daughter-delilah-belle-reveals-she-went-to-rehab/

Lisa Rinna needs to get her house in order. One daughter is anorexic, the other is depressed, the husband would rather be in Canada. She should be focusing on helping her girls get well, not besmirching LVP.

• Love 15
1 minute ago, politichick said:

Lisa Rinna needs to get her house in order. One daughter is anorexic, the other is depressed, the husband would rather be in Canada. She should be focusing on helping her girls get well, not besmirching LVP.

Even though I agree with you, she probably thinks that she needs to stay relevant (to get more acting jobs and commercials) so jumping on the LVP bandwagon keeps her out there in the public eye. 

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, politichick said:

https://pagesix.com/2019/07/20/lisa-rinnas-daughter-delilah-belle-reveals-she-went-to-rehab/

I wondered about the rehab. I loved everything else Ken said, but I see no problem with that being “swept underneath the rug” if Rinna’s daughter didn’t want to talk about it. She’s not a housewife. The other daughter wanted to be open about her anorexia. 

I have experience with anorexia, anxiety, and depression. I hope both Rinna’s girls get better. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, SweetieDarling said:

It would also explain why Kyle has such happy memories of her mother and childhood, whereas, Kim and Kathy were against and paranoid about Kyle telling any family stories on her show. Things that make you go hmmmm.

Could be.  It's also possible that they knew Kyle WOULDN'T tell the real story and that could have felt just as egregious.  Not that they would want the real story out there, but if your mom used and abused you,  and your childhood was a crazy nightmare, you might not be happy that someone was going to tell a fairytale version of it either.

• Useful 3
  • Love 7
(edited)
On 7/22/2019 at 3:35 PM, Beachdreamer said:

Could be.  It's also possible that they knew Kyle WOULDN'T tell the real story and that could have felt just as egregious.  Not that they would want the real story out there, but if your mom used and abused you,  and your childhood was a crazy nightmare, you might not be happy that someone was going to tell a fairytale version of it either.

I wondered this. I know firsthand it can be hurtful when you had a traumatic childhood and have to pretend you had this fairytale. There’s a difference between not wanting to dwell on your past and wanting to protect your parents even if they didn’t protect you, and pretending you had a perfect childhood. If this is the case, I don’t blame Kim and Kathy for not being pleased about American Woman. I thought their concern was that they thought the show would embarrass the family. Didn’t they start talking to Kyle again once it aired and it wasn’t the nastiness they thought it would be? 

Kyle’s alluded to her upbringing not being normal or healthy. No 13-year-old should be driving herself anywhere. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 5
22 minutes ago, politichick said:

Rinna is not a favorite of mine by any stretch.  But, she doesn't have to like LVP in my book, either.  The two of them have a long history, and we've seen some back and forth with them for years.  Most of the time, LVP seemed to put Rinna quite into her place in a way that certainly wouldn't turn them into lifelong pals.  So Rinna doesn't like her.  That's fine with me. She could say crap to LVP all day long if she wanted without it bothering me.

My issue with this season wasn't that a woman or two didn't like LVP. If it had just been Rinna, I would been fine with it.  It was the full on gang up by her friends and her non-friends.  It was the way they didn't cut her any slack for her recent trauma.  It was the way no one else was held accountable for their blatant on camera acts while LVP was held accountable for things that were unseen and unproven.

I know I've digressed from your original point, Politichick, and I'm sorry for that.  You're right, regardless of who she likes or doesn't like, she has a few things at home that could use her attention.

• Love 12
12 minutes ago, Beachdreamer said:

Also, Kyle was the only one who stood to profit from the show.  

• Love 7
12 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

I wondered this. I know firsthand it can be hurtful when you had a traumatic childhood and have to pretend you had this fairytale. There’s a difference between not wanting to dwell on your past and wanting to protect your parents even if they didn’t protect you, and pretending you had a perfect childhood. If this is the case, I don’t blame Kim and Kathy for not being pleased about American Woman. I thought their concern was that the thought the show would embarrass the family. Didn’t they start talking to Kyle again once it aired and it wasn’t the nastiness they thought it would be? 

Kyle’s alluded to her upbringing not being normal or healthy. No 13-year-old should be driving herself anywhere. 

I'm sorry that you were asked to pretend about something.  That would be very hurtful.

• Love 3

Ken was recently guilty of committing truth when he tweeted out on Social Media how he felt about the women who were attacking his wife.

The tweet I particularly like is:

“What really irks me is the hypocrisy of this whole matter. The very PUBLIC issues — lawsuits, over 50 million dollars of them, loans in default, rehab, business misdoings, bankruptcies — have all been swept under a carpet. Lifestyles paid for with other people’s money, I call bulls—t!”

• Love 13

The idea of this brings up so many thoughts.

I think Kyle was envious of the work and fame that Kim had as a child/teen actress. Does she know what Kim was subjected to? I don't know. I, certainly, hope it would make Kyle a little more compassionate toward Kim, but maybe she has been; We've only seen a snippet of their lives, but still, to think what Kim probably had to endure so that Mommy Dearest could fulfill some sick, selfish ambitions...I don't get a good feeling about this At All.

I think Kim can recognize a moocher or user, from her experiences; She was able to see that Taylor was a grifter, trying to latch on to Kyle's blooming social status (Mo's business was starting to really take off = wealthy connections to grift -little did she/we know Mo already had that covered) but Kyle FLOVED the attention and to flaunt her new friendship in LVP's face -yet LVP was not allowed to make ANY new friendships that Kyle felt might jeopardize her best friend status -insecure indeed.

I think one of the reasons Kyle and Rinna are friends, is that they have the same set of morals/values (or lack thereof, imo) -to be rich and famous. When Kyle's friend Marissa Zanuck was on, she had mentioned the 2 of them, as teens, had the same goal; to marry rich.

Sorry for the rambling discontinuous thoughts, but this, alleged, story makes so many things come to mind that may explain the messes that are the Richards sisters.

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
29 minutes ago, Beachdreamer said:

Rinna is not a favorite of mine by any stretch.  But, she doesn't have to like LVP in my book, either.  The two of them have a long history, and we've seen some back and forth with them for years.  Most of the time, LVP seemed to put Rinna quite into her place in a way that certainly wouldn't turn them into lifelong pals.  So Rinna doesn't like her.  That's fine with me. She could say crap to LVP all day long if she wanted without it bothering me.

My issue with this season wasn't that a woman or two didn't like LVP. If it had just been Rinna, I would been fine with it.  It was the full on gang up by her friends and her non-friends.  It was the way they didn't cut her any slack for her recent trauma.  It was the way no one else was held accountable for their blatant on camera acts while LVP was held accountable for things that were unseen and unproven.

I know I've digressed from your original point, Politichick, and I'm sorry for that.  You're right, regardless of who she likes or doesn't like, she has a few things at home that could use her attention.

I absolutely agree with you on the full gang up. It was horrible. Can't wait to see what happens next because I can't see this lot carrying the show. 

• Love 11

I think they are going to have to revamp the show and change the cast substantially. These women do not bring enough drama and lifestyle stories. That is why they had to import Camille, Brandi and Kim. To give this show life.

• Love 5
Just now, langford peel said:

I think they are going to have to revamp the show and change the cast substantially. These women do not bring enough drama and lifestyle stories. That is why they had to import Camille, Brandi and Kim. To give this show life.

Yeah, Rinna and Denise definitely aren't bringing the lifestyle.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
11 minutes ago, politichick said:

Yeah, Rinna and Denise definitely aren't bringing the lifestyle.

I can't help but assume that Denise brought exactly what she was told to bring to the season.  I feel like her existence was to make Camille look second rate.  And if so, it was all Andy laughing behind the scenes. 

Camille's getting married?  Denise- beat her to it and marry Aaron. 

Camille was married to a hollyweird person with a crazy story?  Denise- who did you marry again?  Charlie Sheen?  Yeah, make sure to say that a few times, OK?

Camille sees herself as a sex goddess?  Denise- you know what to do.

I think that's why Camille went raging on Denise during the divorce settlement segment.  She knew what had been done to her all season.

(I'm not sure anyone could have planned that they would both lose their homes in a fire, so that one is just an unhappy coincidence.  At least I think it was....has anyone checked Andy for matches?)

• Useful 4
  • LOL 1
21 minutes ago, Beachdreamer said:

I think that's why Camille went raging on Denise during the divorce settlement segment.  She knew what had been done to her all season.

I didnt really see her as going after Denise but...it was ignored that Denise practically called her a whore for taking Kelseys money (i dont think she meant Camille but surprised everyone let it slide) 

• Love 5

Watching that, I felt like the shrews got to Denise. She was not sure at the start of the season, but by the end she had picked her team. She sucks, too. 

• Love 12
3 hours ago, Jel said:

Watching that, I felt like the shrews got to Denise. She was not sure at the start of the season, but by the end she had picked her team. She sucks, too. 

By team you mean she didn't side with LVP and/or Camille? She got along fine with LVP, but they didn't get close because LVP stopped filming. Camille was only "friend of," and Denise didn't have the greatest experience with her. The other women got along for the most part and were all kind to her. I'm not sure if it could have gone any other way. 

• Love 8
9 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

By team you mean she didn't side with LVP and/or Camille? She got along fine with LVP, but they didn't get close because LVP stopped filming. Camille was only "friend of," and Denise didn't have the greatest experience with her. The other women got along for the most part and were all kind to her. I'm not sure if it could have gone any other way. 

By "team" I meant team. Early on in the season, Denise was a woman who, by her own admission, "couldn't follow" the Puppygate story, yet somehow, and with the passage of time and no personal discussion about it with Lisa, and despite not being able to follow it herself decided that Lisa should apologize. She got that opinion from somewhere.

Did Denise have such a bad experience with Camille on her own? i don't remember it that way. Again, to me, it seemed as though her opinion was informed by members of the anti- Lisa team -- the women who frequently say things like "we think", which implies that they have discussed it and agreed and share the same opinion.

Had Camille fully jumped on the anti-Lisa bandwagon I think she'd have had a much easier time at the reunion.  If that's true, then Camille herself is not the problem, it's that she didn't get in line with the rest of the group. 

I think it could have gone another way: Denise could have asked some questions of Lisa instead of just believing the others. Lisa was never anything but kind to Denise as well. And, even if everything the others accuse her of doing is true, that she wanted Dorit outed as a puppy dumper, is that any worse than "outing" (or lying and pretending to out) a parent's cocaine use, or outing your sister as an alcoholic or outing the sister's family members as enablers? All of those things are worse to me. So, I don't even believe it's the action they accuse Lisa of that's the problem. It's that they wanted to take Lisa down and chose this to go with.

I had high hopes for Denise, but I find her rather boring as a HW, and lacking integrity as a person. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
5 hours ago, Jel said:

By "team" I meant team. Early on in the season, Denise was a woman who, by her own admission, "couldn't follow" the Puppygate story, yet somehow, and with the passage of time and no personal discussion about it with Lisa, and despite not being able to follow it herself decided that Lisa should apologize. She got that opinion from somewhere.

Did Denise have such a bad experience with Camille on her own? i don't remember it that way. Again, to me, it seemed as though her opinion was informed by members of the anti- Lisa team -- the women who frequently say things like "we think", which implies that they have discussed it and agreed and share the same opinion.

Had Camille fully jumped on the anti-Lisa bandwagon I think she'd have had a much easier time at the reunion.  If that's true, then Camille herself is not the problem, it's that she didn't get in line with the rest of the group. 

I think it could have gone another way: Denise could have asked some questions of Lisa instead of just believing the others. Lisa was never anything but kind to Denise as well. And, even if everything the others accuse her of doing is true, that she wanted Dorit outed as a puppy dumper, is that any worse than "outing" (or lying and pretending to out) a parent's cocaine use, or outing your sister as an alcoholic or outing the sister's family members as enablers? All of those things are worse to me. So, I don't even believe it's the action they accuse Lisa of that's the problem. It's that they wanted to take Lisa down and chose this to go with.

I had high hopes for Denise, but I find her rather boring as a HW, and lacking integrity as a person. 

She was known as a 'diva' on Dancing with the Stars.

https://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/33055762.html?page=4

• Useful 2