Type keyword(s) to search

RHoBH in the Media

• Start Topic

(edited)
13 hours ago, Jel said:

PTVers!! I just stumbled across this little gem from a few weeks ago. I looked back through a few pages in this thread, and didn't see anything about. So, without further ado, and with great personal delight, I bring you:

https://realityblurb.com/2019/03/13/rhobh-andy-cohen-upset-with-lisa-rinna-over-legal-threats-against-lisa-vanderpump-new-show-huge-red-flag-for-bravo/

Please, read with fingers and toes crossed; must not do anything to jinx this!

Let fate take its course!

Come on karmic retribution!

😉

In all of this, the irony of Rinna's accusations and desire to sue is not based on any requirement from production to have been involved in the storyline, SHE inserted herself and now she's talking as though she had to work tirelessly to promote someone else's business and now show without seeing a dime from it. This is all just an unfortunate consequence for her because she likes to run her mouth too much.

Edited by RHJunkie
  • LOL 1
  • Love 15
12 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

In all of this, the irony of Rinna's accusations and desire to sue is not based on any requirement from production to have been involved in the storyline, SHE inserted herself and now she's talking as though she had to work tirelessly to promote someone else's business and now show without seeing a dime from it. This is all just an unfortunate consequence for her because she likes to run her mouth too much.

Could it also be because she planted the ROL story, will take a lot of flak for it in the near future and now she doesn’t feel compensated for all the ill will that is being directed her way? (As well as losing her diamond because the viewers have had enough of her) 

• LOL 2
  • Love 11
37 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

True. "Unfortunate" might be overstating it, though. 😉

• LOL 4
  • Love 7
10 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

Could it also be because she planted the ROL story, will take a lot of flak for it in the near future and now she doesn’t feel compensated for all the ill will that is being directed her way? (As well as losing her diamond because the viewers have had enough of her) 

I personally don't think she planted the story.

I would be okay with them wiping the slate clean with all of them...maybe keep Denise. At this point in the season, the ratings are shaping up to be the worst of any season in the show's history. The only one that I think started off worse was season 1 and that's because people were still feeling it out but by episode 4, their ratings were trending high and this show so far has been trending downward. Their peak soo far was the episode where they arrived in the Bahamas. Even LVP and Kyle's showdown didn't beat out that episode despite it being one of the pivotal moments that they season teased.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
24 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

That's a really interesting question, Mindthinkr.  Rinna has been acting strangely this season. This weird lawsuit business, the bringing up doggiegate stuff so often and out of the blue, the sketchy knowing the words Lisa used at VPD and her accompanying hand gestures.  The other HWs have gone all in on this and closed ranks. The whole thing has set my BS meter to stinky.

If I was their PR person (know nothing about PR), I'd have advised them to get on SM and publicly apologize to Lisa. Make it a big, serious apology, taking full responsibility, talking about how I got it wrong, how when seeing Lisa's reaction to Kyle, realized in that moment that she was telling the truth, and how terrible I feel about the whole thing now, so sorry for hurting Lisa. It was all a huge misunderstanding, hope Lisa can forgive her, etc.  But perhaps too much time has gone by now for that to even take with viewers. I don't know.

• Love 12
12 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

I personally don't think she planted the story.

I would be okay with them wiping the slate clean with all of them...maybe keep Denise. At this point in the season, the ratings are shaping up to be the worst of any season in the show's history. The only one that I think started off worse was season 1 and that's because people were still feeling it out but by episode 4, their ratings were trending high and this show so far has been trending downward. Their peak soo far was the episode where they arrived in the Bahamas. Even LVP and Kyle's showdown didn't beat out that episode despite it being one of the pivotal moments that they season teased.

Gotta be careful of confirmation bias on my part as I say this, so with a grain of salt...I have looked at a few stories, a bunch of posts on forums and a few tweets and read the comments, and I don't recall seeing so many, "I'm out, can't stand to watch the mean girls" type comments.  How much of a factor that sentiment was in the declining ratings is hard to say, but me (and my confirmation bias) think it was significant.

• Useful 3
  • Love 15
20 minutes ago, Jel said:

Gotta be careful of confirmation bias on my part as I say this, so with a grain of salt...I have looked at a few stories, a bunch of posts on forums and a few tweets and read the comments, and I don't recall seeing so many, "I'm out, can't stand to watch the mean girls" type comments.  How much of a factor that sentiment was in the declining ratings is hard to say, but me (and my confirmation bias) think it was significant.

I agree but I also think others, like me, are also just done with this story dragging on and on and on.....

I need to go on a diet, I need less Doritos in my life.

• LOL 8
  • Love 7
11 hours ago, LadyK said:

Rinna mocks Christians who observe Ash Wednesday throughout North America and this is what Andy and Co. choose to question??! LVP’s absence may not be the only reason I quit watching!

I hear you, and I agree it was terrible, and no one loves a Get Lisa Rinna off my tv reason more than I do, but listening to it, I came away with the impression that she was mocking more what she perceived as the newfound piety of the newscasters than she was Catholics in general. Still shouldn't have been said of course, but it came across (to me anyway) as more making fun of people on tv than everyday Catholics.

It was definitely an awful thing to say in public. 

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Stats Queen said:

I agree but I also think others, like me, are also just done with this story dragging on and on and on.....

I need to go on a diet, I need less Doritos in my life.

Valid point, Stats Queen. No doubt that factored in as well.

• Love 3
(edited)
3 hours ago, Jel said:

I'm really interested to see what happens with the ratings once LVP officially stops filming. Not because I think she is what brings in the ratings, but because the cast and the show have promoted the rise and 'epic' fall out between the women and LVP as the pivotal moment of the season and yet, it's been their poorest start in the history of the franchise. All of that build up hasn't really resulted in much and it makes me wonder if this behaviour year after year is finally having people give up and tune out. This is the most frustrating franchise to watch because it's so contrived. It's like all of these wannabe Hollywood stars can't help themselves. Nothing seems like an honest reaction and every damn season, the returning women's beef is always related to something that happened off camera. Something that the viewers can't truly have an informed opinion on because shit happens behind the scenes and it's always turning into a he said/she said situation. Real Housewives of Beverly Hills is the poster child for beating a dead horse.

Edited by RHJunkie
  • Love 10
(edited)
On ‎2‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 10:51 AM, Deputy Deputy CoS said:

My post wasn't directed at you personally.  It was late and I was responding to the part about Lisa getting a terrific edit inspite of herself. She's been berated at the reunion and proceeding season for years by her peers. 

The notion of LVP being this super undercover mastermind manipulative is frustrating. It is the key criticism about her from grown ass women, and it is taken at face value. After years of the same bullshit, I think it is played out. A manipulator is only manipulative until you see through it. This has been their mantra for YEARS.

It doesn't take a mastermind to manipulate these idiots. After all this time they still can't figure out . LVP is just being herself nothing more, but it's above their intelligence level because they are looking for surface shit.  As I said before she's playing Chess she always does. .    

Edited by byrd
  • Love 3
17 minutes ago, snarts said:

Lol. I took a look at Kyle's Twitter and she's got one in there that says, "Smart people get it".

Big old eyeroll to that--it's the Twitter equivalent to the comedian's "joke's too hip for the room" line when the audience doesn't laugh. 

What Kyle does still not understand (and she's calling the LVP agree-ers stupid!) is that not everyone is taken in by Kyle's particular, convenient brand of "honesty-is-important!", that is, the kind that only applies when it supports her own narrative (LVP is manipulating everything) but not, for example when her husband is being sued.  And she's foolish enough to think that viewers care more about Dorit's public relations than the fate of a little dog.  

But sure, Kyle, keep telling us how stupid we are. That should really help your cause.

• LOL 1
  • Love 20

All those "Goodbye, Kyle" posts are so disappointing.  How could she possibly think it was a good idea??  I've always been a fan of Kyle, but this behavior is just awful.

• Love 11

Is it just me or does this all seem much ado about  nothing? "Goodbye Kyle" has been a pop culture moment since the trailer dropped and I don't think there is anything that offensive about Kyle having fun with it. To me, it's the equivalent of any of these women putting their catch phrases on a T-shirt.

• Love 6
33 minutes ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

Is it just me or does this all seem much ado about  nothing? "Goodbye Kyle" has been a pop culture moment since the trailer dropped and I don't think there is anything that offensive about Kyle having fun with it. To me, it's the equivalent of any of these women putting their catch phrases on a T-shirt.

I'm amused by it as an LVP fan.

Her timing is horrid however.  Like wait a week or two after you've posted the "woe is me" blog.

For the record I'd buy the tshirt that said:

GOOD BYE VILE KYLE!

I'd want my tshirt to include a picture of Ken holding Giggy in the crook of his arm.

Or Kyle being chased by swans.

LVP!  Patent the phrase!

• LOL 3
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, Wicked said:

To me it's offensive because she's mocking a years long friendship.  If I had a falling out over my best friend of years, I would still honor the friendship that was and not mock it.  Just a low class move, imo.

But the difference is that they're on a TV show and "Goodbye Kyle" has become a water cooler moment. I don't think Kyle was mocking the end of their friendship but rather the TV sound byte it has become. The truth is this was filmed the better part of a year ago. I think it's possible to be sad over the loss of a friendship and still make light of the TV aspect months down the road. Also, Ken is a blowhard.

• Love 9
4 hours ago, Wicked said:

All those "Goodbye, Kyle" posts are so disappointing.  How could she possibly think it was a good idea??  I've always been a fan of Kyle, but this behavior is just awful.

This seems somewhat vintage Kyle going back to the first couple seasons.  She could be horrible to people she wasn't getting along with and way too certain the fans would come down on her side.  She only cleaned that behavior up when Mauricio was building The Agency.  Perhaps the lawsuit is creating a crack in the facade. Kyle no longer has to behave herself.

• Useful 1
  • Love 14

Well, the guy who filed the lawsuit is pretty shady.  And just because someone files a lawsuit doesn't mean the person or company is guilty.  Hey, LVP and Ken have had a number of lawsuits filed against them.

The latest I could find:

“The Agency and Mauricio Umansky exerted the highest level of integrity and honesty in this transaction, as they do in representing each of their clients. The Agency and Mr. Umansky conducted the Sweetwater transaction under the oversight of the U.S. Department of Justice, as part of an agreement between the seller and the United States Government,” an Agency spokesperson said. “The Justice Department’s approval was required in each step of this unique transaction. The Agency and Mr. Umansky deny Sweetwater Malibu CA, LLC’s claims and will vigorously defend themselves against these warrantless allegations.”

https://www.inman.com/2019/03/15/mauricio-umansky-and-the-agency-hit-with-new-lawsuit/

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
16 hours ago, snarts said:

If the above is true, the Ho wives are doubling down!

New additions to Good bye Kyle:

Ericka and the Mikey crew, the lesser Lisa's mom, the lesser Lisa's husband, Denise Richards daughters and Vile Kyle's daughters.

If the ladies aren't careful, the next viral challenge could be:

Fire Kyle, Teddi, Dorit, Ericka and the Lesser Lisa.                 

black and white goodbye GIF

• Love 13
(edited)
23 minutes ago, dosodog said:

Ericka and the Mikey crew, the lesser Lisa's mom, the lesser Lisa's husband, Denise Richards daughters and Vile Kyle's daughters.

Wow, their kids, too? Really not a good look.

ETA: I saw the Harry Hamlin one. At first I though who is this frail looking senior? Then I realized it was HH! My 80s water cooler Friday morning "who's the hottest gent in LA law" debater self would be so appalled.

Edited by Jel
  • LOL 7
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Jel said:

Wow, their kids, too? Really not a good look.

ETA: I saw the Harry Hamlin one. At first I though who is this frail looking senior? Then I realized it was HH! My 80s water cooler Friday morning "who's the hottest gent in LA law" debater self would be so appalled.

Not me!  Jimmy Smits for the win!

• Love 10
38 minutes ago, dosodog said:

Not me!  Jimmy Smits for the win!

Just for good measure, I'm retroactively giving myself an "Ewww" for this. I'm OWNING it! But, in my own defense, I did later switch it to Blair Underwood. And as far as I know he's never found a "reason" to wear a swastika on his shirt.  (The nicest lady in the office was a Jimmy Smits fan, too. But try as I might, I could just never see it with him.)

PS When the time machine is invented, I'll go back, first talk myself out of that perm, (aka The Horror of '88) and then slap myself hard for having terrible taste in tv lawyers.

• LOL 12
  • Love 1
(edited)
7 hours ago, dosodog said:

Et tu, Denise? As I said a couple of weeks ago, I knew Denise would eventually disappoint me (like all Housewives), but I was hoping to get at least a season of love with her.

Edited by MrsWitter
  • Love 15

It's starting to bother me that my eyes on the tv are putting money in these bishes pockets.  I can't stand the idea that they are getting paid to be this awful.

• Love 14

Dorito is still trying to deflect. Her accusing LVP's foundation of wanting attention is clearly an example of the pot calling the kettle black, or the attention whore calling someone else an attention whore.

• LOL 2
  • Love 21
(edited)
3 hours ago, sunshine23 said:

Dorito is still trying to deflect. Her accusing LVP's foundation of wanting attention is clearly an example of the pot calling the kettle black, or the attention whore calling someone else an attention whore.

Sure. That's what every charity wants. Negative attention. She is desperate now that she sees what the fans are saying. 

Edited by Reality police
  • Love 20
On 4/6/2019 at 8:18 PM, Wicked said:

To me it's offensive because she's mocking a years long friendship.  If I had a falling out over my best friend of years, I would still honor the friendship that was and not mock it.  Just a low class move, imo.

How many times must Kyle show that she wasn’t really LVP ‘s friend before we get it?

She’s been coming at LVP since season 2. She’s just gotten more overt about it. This year was when LVP, maybe due to her own personal issues, decided she’s had enough of that brand of friendship 

• Love 20

I'm coming in late on the whole "Goodbye, Kyle" mess, but I saw this morning on Kyle's Insta account that she put up a explanation of the phrase and how she didn't think it would take off like it did, etc. I laughed at it at first, because IMO Ken has a history of getting up in people's faces (I'm thinking of Kyle and Yolanda specifically, even though Yo tried to make that more than it was) and is a bit of a loud blowhard, so the whole thing tickled me a bit. But now they're all trying to get everyone to do it and it just seems silly. I've seen the HoWives, Lois, kids, Kris Jenner, and more doing it. It just seems very try hard. 

I will admit I was very surprised Dorit got in on it and posted her own video. I guess she is really burning all of her bridges with Lisa V. now. Although, I haven't seen PK doing it (unless I've missed it).

• Love 7
57 minutes ago, emma675 said:

I will admit I was very surprised Dorit got in on it and posted her own video. I guess she is really burning all of her bridges with Lisa V. now. Although, I haven't seen PK doing it (unless I've missed it).

Did Dorit delete hers? I’m not seeing it. If she did a video, she’s got to be even more tone deaf than I ever imagined... and I already thought her to be as tone-deaf as a jokey first-round American Idol contestant.

• LOL 8
  • Love 3
On 4/7/2019 at 2:23 AM, PhilMarlowe2 said:

But the difference is that they're on a TV show and "Goodbye Kyle" has become a water cooler moment. I don't think Kyle was mocking the end of their friendship but rather the TV sound byte it has become. The truth is this was filmed the better part of a year ago. I think it's possible to be sad over the loss of a friendship and still make light of the TV aspect months down the road. Also, Ken is a blowhard.

Kyle - having the intelligence for that?   I don't think so.

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, TVFANNO1 said:

Kyle - having the intelligence for that?   I don't think so.

I think Kyle was just celebrating her name trending on twitter and trying to extend the attention she was getting.  Consequences to her relationship with Ken and LvP are irrelevant to her.

• Useful 2
  • Love 12

Did Dorit delete hers? I’m not seeing it. If she did a video, she’s got to be even more tone deaf than I ever imagined... and I already thought her to be as tone-deaf as a jokey first-round American Idol contestant.

She may have, it was a quick little video in her Insta Story of her and her hairstylist (maybe?) standing in front of a pink screen and shouting "Goodbye, Kyle", then giggling. 

• Useful 1
56 minutes ago, yourmomiseasy said:

So according to Erika, it is impossible that her and the others are really getting the backlash they are and it must be bots.  Ooookay.

https://realityblurb.com/2019/04/13/rhobh-erika-jayne-admits-lisa-vanderpump-might-not-be-behind-story-leak-responds-to-backlash-from-fans/

Looking forward to this:

“You will see [the show] change again in this season when [Lisa] goes away and it becomes a different energy and a different path… because there wasn’t all that heaviness. There wasn’t all that fighting,” she explained. “That left and then we could have some fun. Actually, the most fun I’ve had on the show. It was a different tone for sure.”

• Love 4
19 minutes ago, nexxie said:

Looking forward to this:

“You will see [the show] change again in this season when [Lisa] goes away and it becomes a different energy and a different path… because there wasn’t all that heaviness. There wasn’t all that fighting,” she explained. “That left and then we could have some fun. Actually, the most fun I’ve had on the show. It was a different tone for sure.”

Hope so.

We'll see.

• Love 2

Well, you have to admit that if anyone would recognize a bot when she sees one, it's Erika.  Like knows like.

“Do I believe him? No. Why would [he] give up a source? I mean, no. I don’t. Why would anyone give up their sources?” asked Erika.

He didn't give up his source, you blockhead.  He simply eliminated someone as a source.

• LOL 2
  • Love 19